╌>

Goat And Rooster Save The Day When Their Friend Is Attacked By A Hawk

Category:  Pets & Animals

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  87 comments

By:   Stephen Messenger (MSN)

Goat And Rooster Save The Day When Their Friend Is Attacked By A Hawk
The world can be a dangerous place for animals. But life's much less scary when you have friends. Just ask this very lucky hen. YouTube/Vroege Vogels The other day, an unwelcome visitor decided to swoop in on Jaap Beets' farm in the Netherlands. It was a hawk, and he evidently had his sights set on one resident in particular — on of Beets' chickens. What the hawk didn't count on was that the hen had some faithful friends on her side. Shortly...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The world can be a dangerous place for animals. But life's much less scary when you have friends.

Just ask this very lucky hen. © YouTube/Vroege Vogels The other day, an unwelcome visitor decided to swoop in on Jaap Beets' farm in the Netherlands. It was a hawk, and he evidently had his sights set on one resident in particular — on of Beets' chickens.

What the hawk didn't count on was that the hen had some faithful friends on her side.

Shortly after the hawk began his attack, the chicken's friends — a rooster and a goat — rushed in to protect her and drive the hawk away.

Here's that moment on video:

Scary as the incident was, things ended well for the unsuspecting hen — thanks to her brave friends.

"I was so proud of the rooster and goat that jumped to defend our chickens," Beets said. "I was also very relieved that the chicken survived."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

Gotta love it. Don't mess with a hen with friends.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

And don't come back here!

Professor Guide
1.2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2    3 years ago
And don't come back here!

goat-licking-gif-1.gif  

Yeah, cause I'll flip you like a cheese omelet, then, I'll eat your feathers and make you walk home naked, and if that doesn't work, I'll use at least one of my horns to ruin the rest of your day(s).

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.1    3 years ago

uh... no comment.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

How cool !

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

Goat and rooster, meet moose and squirrel.

de44def-5f8847d6-1224-47ef-9038-eab81f0f0bda.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzk4OGU2ZDU2LTFiY2ItNGU5NC1hZDU0LTkyZThlZTQ0ZGY0YVwvZGU0NGRlZi01Zjg4NDdkNi0xMjI0LTQ3ZWYtOTAzOC1lYWI4MWYwZjBiZGEuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.zO_vapvw6mOIukj6pEjLrfww-o0gA16PGlDn8mjhPEk

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ozzwald @1.4    3 years ago

My daughter and SIL have 2 cats named Moose and Squirrel. They had other cutesy names until I got involved

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

I could almost hear the goats thoughts.. "Not in my poop filled pen, not today!" 

Professor Guide
1.5.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MrFrost @1.5    3 years ago

Shoot, I heard him say, "Hey assface!  This ain't the pillage and plunder department!  That's 3 farms over!"

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Did you see all those other chickens heading for the hen house?

Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    3 years ago
Did you see all those other chickens heading for the hen house?

They were in FeetDon'tFailMeNow mode.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    3 years ago

I think the goat told the rooster to "hold my beer" when it came to taking care of the hawk. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Ronin2 @3    3 years ago

Need to give that goat more beer.

Professor Guide
3.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1    3 years ago
Need to give that goat more beer.

Liquid courage?  I don't think he needs it.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.1    3 years ago

Just a reward for a great job of being a butt butter.

Professor Guide
3.1.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.2    3 years ago

Hahahaha!

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     3 years ago

60588597.jpg

Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago

Poor little guy.  I don't think he ever caught Foghorn Leghorn, did he?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4.1    3 years ago

He would gnaw on his leg from time to time

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    3 years ago

When I think of, "Apex domestic predator", a goat doesn't usually make my top 10. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @5    3 years ago

That's because they're not, but they are in the same Family? Order? Whatever? that cows, buffaloes, great horned sheep, etc are in therefore they have a defense mechanism...a hard fucking skull and powerful hooves.

And you're right when I think of Apex domestic predator, I think of my neighbor's dog

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1    3 years ago

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  MrFrost @5.1.1    3 years ago

Sent almost identical extra large door mats to my Son, his 2 large dogs, daughter in law and her 11 cats.

Me?  Our male ducks are each about 19 lbs of fighting, mostly with each other, but solicitors don't know that.

When approached by strangers they hiss, stand and prove they have a 5 foot wing span.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.3  CB  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.2    3 years ago

Lots of "poopy" yeah? Otherwise what a handsome guy!

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.2    3 years ago

quack attack

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.2    3 years ago

Handsome and noble species. My neighbor has a pet duck named Jerry. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.6  Split Personality  replied to  MrFrost @5.1.5    3 years ago

Lost one to a coyote last night or early this morning.

Neighbor across the street called me over to show me thousands of feathers on his neighbors lawn.

He hosed down the blood and bagged what was left of one of the black males.

Another neighbor had security film of the coyote chasing a black cat down the street yesterday.

When they get that big you have to note their feet color, and whether they insist on hand feeding

to determine which one is which.

Through the season the black ones turn green then brown making ID difficult.

Their beaks and feet are pretty consistent once they are a few months old.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.7  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.6    3 years ago

sorry to hear that. it's amazing how quickly coyotes have adapted to an urban environment. I had video on my old phone of three that came within 20 feet of me in a parking lot before sunrise. the same year a lady jogger was attacked in a park less than 2 miles away. the same park where fifi was snatched off her leash during a walk one year earlier.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  MrFrost @5.1.1    3 years ago

Gotta share that with my daughters.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.6    3 years ago

Sorry about the duck SP. I know you love your quackers.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Kavika   replied to  Split Personality @5.1.6    3 years ago

We have large cattle and horse farms around us. The cows give birth in the fields and there are a lot of coyotes around. The ranch hands have two dogs, a 80lb pit bull and a Irish wolfhound around 130 lbs or so. They let the dogs loose in the pasture and they will guard the cow while she gives birth and after as well. They will lay in the grass 10 to 20 yards away and keep an eye on the cow and calf until it's ready to walk. They are amazing animals and one of the ranch hands told me the coyotes will try to get the dogs to chase them and others will then attack the calf. The two dogs are too smart and too well trained to fall for it and the last time one dog chased the coyote the other laid in wait in the grass and when the coyotes came after the calf the wolfhound was waiting for them and the Pittie circled around and came up behind them. The end of two coyotes. 

Sorry to hear about your duck, SP.

Believe it or not some of the farms keep donkeys as guards. They will tear up a coyote in a minute. 

Professor Guide
5.1.11  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.6    3 years ago

Aren't you just west of me?  If so, there have been quite a few coyote problems out that way.  Bobcat issues as well.  I'm sorry about your duck.  With natural habitats dwindling, we are in for more of these scenarios.

Professor Guide
5.1.12  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @5.1.10    3 years ago
The two dogs are too smart and too well trained to fall for it and the last time one dog chased the coyote the other laid in wait in the grass and when the coyotes came after the calf the wolfhound was waiting for them and the Pittie circled around and came up behind them. The end of two coyotes. 

Those are a couple of clever dogs to have around.  Were they trained, or does a protective instinct take over?  

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.12    3 years ago

The Irish wolfhound it is natural instinct and with the pittie it's also instinct but they need to be trained for this. 

We have 700 horse farms in Marion county know as the horse capital of the world with many super valuable horses and the farms will use donkeys and dogs to protect them from coyotes and humans. Yeah, there are still horse thieves around.

shona1
PhD Quiet
5.1.14  shona1  replied to  Kavika @5.1.13    3 years ago

Anoon..we use Maremma dogs to protect everything from chooks to penguins... near here they have been used to protect a large Gannett rookie from foxes..you will also see them in paddocks guarding sheep..

They are a beautiful looking dog similar to a golden retriever but a lot bigger and snow white...they originally came from Italy...

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Kavika   replied to  shona1 @5.1.14    3 years ago

Just like this one, shona. 

maremma-dog-picture-id1081199846?k=20&m=1081199846&s=612x612&w=0&h=oBv4NII0sbzPjloNDht1CHIF5lKRrT-upl4DRCLO2Bc=

shona1
PhD Quiet
5.1.16  shona1  replied to  Kavika @5.1.15    3 years ago

Yes that is the one... beautiful dogs...

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.17  CB  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.6    3 years ago

A duck 'fancier' or fancier? I, too, am sorry for your loss. As a kid, I had (of all things) a rooster and a hen that I used to tend to (even though I lived in the city). It used to walk the back yard, the rooster that is, cock a doodling and priming. Well, one day I awoke and went outside to see feathers littering this long grassy plot that was ours to cut (and enjoy too I guess), and feathers were everywhere.  And a few flesh parts as well. I never found the head.

So I was in mild shock for a while. That was a very, very, long time ago. Still, I get it, SP. "Ducks matter!"

Professor Guide
5.1.18  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @5.1.15    3 years ago
Just like this one, shona.

I want one.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.19  MrFrost  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.6    3 years ago

Sorry to hear that...a pet is a pet, it always stings. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.1.20  sandy-2021492  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.2    3 years ago

A family who lives along my route to work keeps ducks, turkeys, geese, and a few chickens.  They're free-range, so when they get bored with their pond, they cross the road to look for better bugs in the creek.  They are not aware that the road is for cars, and if one approaches them while they're crossing it, they hiss and flap their wings at it.

At least one has lost a battle with a car, but that does not seem to have made an impression on the others.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.21  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.6    3 years ago

Update.

Wife has been surmising that our coal black female, Onyx, had a nest somewhere.

She's like clockwork at our front door at sunrise, the only female that will eat from our hands.

She did not show up today. Hmmm.

Same neighbor comes over with his grand daughter ( who lives with them )

saying they hear babies cheeping but can't find them.

I walked straight over to a different neighbor's shrubs where there is an established nest

and there was one new born and while we were talking about it another hatched.

So far just the two ducks, being pampered by three generations of women from the same family.

The grand daughter already named them.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.22  CB  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.21    3 years ago

STELLAR! "You" have an amazing life!

shona1
PhD Quiet
5.1.23  shona1  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.18    3 years ago

Morning sister... basically what ever animal you want protected, sheep, goats, chooks, penguins etc you get a pup and plonk them in the field or where ever. They then bond with that animal and as they grow up will protect it...they prefer to live outside in the paddocks regardless of the weather..They are extremely hard to spot when they are in amongst a mob of sheep as they blend in so well...

Around here I have seen them guarding sheep, chooks, gannets and further away penguins on an island. The main predators in my area are foxes...many have had a nasty shock eyeing off lamb chops on the hoof only to be confronted by two Maremmas emerge from the flock...and if foxes smell dog they will also keep well away...

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.24  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.21    3 years ago

very cool.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.25  Kavika   replied to  shona1 @5.1.23    3 years ago

Where I grew up the main predators were bears, wolves, lynx, bobcats, and badgers all apex predators. Of course, there were fox, weasel, otter all predators but not of the apex variety. 

This is a photo of a male Canadian wolf in northern Minnesota, they weigh up to 150 lbs. 

Professor Guide
5.1.26  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.2    3 years ago
Our male ducks are each about 19 lbs

How many dicks do you have?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.27  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.26    3 years ago

One, but we host a gaggle of ducks, mostly all related...jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Professor Guide
5.1.28  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.26    3 years ago

OMG!    *ducks*

Professor Guide
5.1.29  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.27    3 years ago

jrSmiley_16_smiley_image.gif

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.1.30  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.28    3 years ago

It seems your autocorrect knows you well jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.31  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.29    3 years ago

Most days we just have a string of visiting ducks with our footless female and 3 or 4 of the males just sleeping under the trees all day.

The most Muskovys we have had was about 24 but if there are Mallards around, 40 something. 

We only shoo away Canada Geese, they poop like dogs and they bite.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.32  Split Personality  replied to  CB @5.1.17    3 years ago

Thanks CB

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.33  CB  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.32    3 years ago

Remember the hen I mentioned? Well, she's another story in itself! (Smile.)

Professor Guide
5.1.34  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.1.30    3 years ago
It seems your autocorrect knows you well

I haven't made a goof like that in a long time, or at least one that was too late to fix.  

Professor Guide
5.1.35  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.31    3 years ago
We only shoo away Canada Geese, they poop like dogs and they bite.

It's been my experience that swans take the cake in the bloodlust category.  Case in point:  I used to do a lot of shooting at the Trinity Broadcasting mansion off of 183.  They have a fairly large park-like area that contains a multilevel pond, waterfall and fountain features, an arched bridge, a wrought iron gazebo, and 2 mean AF swans.  Most of their aggression was directed at my bridal portrait clients.  I'm not sure why, but perhaps they viewed a white wedding dress as some kind of threat.  If anyone thinks that a gal wearing 30 pounds of beaded crystal wedding dress and 4-inch Jimmy Choo satin pumps can't shimmy up a light pole, they need to think again.   

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.36  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.35    3 years ago

We have a pair at the lake behind my neighbors, they are obnoxious and the male never seems to tire of yelling for no reason.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.37  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.26    3 years ago

how many do you need? I don't want you to be disappointed, we should probably talk.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.38  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.35    3 years ago
a gal wearing 30 pounds of beaded crystal wedding dress and 4-inch Jimmy Choo satin pumps can't shimmy up a light pole

not exactly the preparation for a honeymoon I imagined, but what do I know...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.39  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @5.1.37    3 years ago

Is this the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" game?

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.40  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.39    3 years ago

my arms aren't long enough for that kind of selfie...

Professor Guide
5.1.41  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @5.1.37    3 years ago
how many do you need?

Just yours.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.42  CB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.41    3 years ago

Givin' as good as she gets. . .Sister 'served.'  Friend Devangelical, this 'round' goes to Sister! She done 'rocked' yo' world!

Professor Guide
5.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MrFrost @5    3 years ago
When I think of, "Apex domestic predator", a goat doesn't usually make my top 10. 

Still laughing at this one 2 days later!

CB
Professor Principal
6  CB    3 years ago

Is that what they call a "billy" goat? The big "shit" around the yard? Because that was awesome from start to finish! I have seen what hawks can do to other fowls if given time and uninterrupted. That hen was in trouble, for real, and on her own volition, talons sunk deep, she was going nowhere. Additionally, she is marked! Any shadow on the ground will see her beating feet to the coop!

You can bet that hawk is not done with that 'yard' - will be waiting for a better time when old "billy" is off the yard!

Oh yeah! Amazing video! Just awesome. A thing that makes me go, "hmmmm."

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
7  goose is back    3 years ago

Sounds like the beginning of a joke: This goat and this rooster were down on the farm........ 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8  TᵢG    3 years ago

Now that is awesome.   Cross-species defense by the goat!

CB
Professor Principal
8.1  CB  replied to  TᵢG @8    3 years ago

The 'owner' arrives at the last reel. Goat has saved the day alright! I'd imagine a special treat for the goat when the video was viewed! (And a soothing tonic for the 'defeathered' hen!)

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.1  CB  replied to  CB @8.1    3 years ago

Oh, forgive me, props to the rooster (the other chicken) that came running full tilt into the fray! And coordinated pouncing and jousting the hawk with the goat! Big UPs to that bird! A coupla heroes on that 'yard.'

Professor Guide
8.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  CB @8.1.1    3 years ago
props to the rooster

That little dude came running to the rescue so fast, I'm surprised his little feet weren't in flames.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.3  CB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1.2    3 years ago

It was a thing to behold! Staring into the face of a hawk is a frightful thing and the rooster got all up in the hawk's.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9  devangelical    3 years ago

twenty some years ago, my closest friend, his brother and father lived on a small acreage west of town, and a few miles from the rocky mountain foothills. off their deck was the first time I had ever seen coyotes in the daylight. their father ran the household, and hated mowing the multi acre back yard, so he fenced off the majority and got 3 goats. navy, army, and a female which was always pregnant. he would sell the kids as soon as they were ready. as a retired service member, he was usually home holding down the fort.

shortly after the birth of the most recent kid in his growing goat herd he heard a commotion in the back yard. the 2 billy goats, army and navy, were fending off 2 coyotes that had gotten into the pen, hoping to take the most recent kid on a picnic. he grabbed his 45, let loose with a shot, and said both coyotes took off over the fence. he loved telling that story and made sure he didn't sell army or navy to "anybody that would eat them" a few years later, after a pricey subdivision was built next to the property and some residents were complaining about some of the fragrances of nature.

Professor Guide
9.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @9    3 years ago
a pricey subdivision was built next to the property and some residents were complaining about some of the fragrances of nature

How much funk can two goats generate?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @9.1    3 years ago

I hate it when people move out to the country and then complain about the "odor"

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @9.1    3 years ago

Come on over and give our sidewalk a rinse, lol.  Chase the flies away.

Guaranteed that some grateful fowl will walk up to the water or front door and make a fresh deposit.

I swear they must need the fragrance.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @9.1.2    3 years ago

Update. more eggs hatched, the neighbors are trying to keep the 3 survivors alive.

Upside, they are now talking to us.  Wife spent some time over there cooing over the hatchlings.

Downside, they are hard core Trumpers, they are livid that the Administration is sending the Haitians back to Haiti.

Can't make this shit up

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @9.1.3    3 years ago
Downside, they are hard core Trumpers, they are livid that the Administration is sending the Haitians back to Haiti.

that's too funny. I bet they all agreed with trmp when he called Haiti a shit hole

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @9.1    3 years ago
How much funk can two goats generate?

from my own personal experience, you could smell the BO of either one of them from about 12 feet.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.6  Split Personality  replied to  devangelical @9.1.5    3 years ago

Too funny, cows, goats sheep etc all smell pretty bad.  We wash our horses and dogs for a reason, lol.

And some time the cats.

Professor Guide
9.1.7  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @9.1.2    3 years ago
Guaranteed that some grateful fowl will walk up to the water or front door and make a fresh deposit.

We have a cat like that.  The instant we finish scooping out the cat-box, here comes Casper, bowels at the ready.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10  devangelical    3 years ago

I was going to post some hawk vs. birdfeeder victims and there's also a donkey vs. predators videos on youtube, but it's very graphic. spoiler alert - hawks and donkeys win.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
10.1  Split Personality  replied to  devangelical @10    3 years ago

Donkeys are nasty in a good way.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @10.1    3 years ago

I didn't watch but a little bit of the video. I had no idea they were such killers.

Professor Guide
10.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @10    3 years ago
I was going to post some hawk vs. birdfeeder victims

Is that like the hawk version of shooting fish in a barrel?  They should be ashamed of themselves for utilizing such lazy tactics.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @10.2    3 years ago

I got the impression this particular camera website was set up primarily to film birds feeding, and then the hawks discovered it. hawks are why my sis and BIL had to take down their bird feeder south of you. another video I watched showed hawks trying to catch the squirrels robbing the bird feeders. lots of live streaming wildlife videos on youtube, but yeah, there are some pretty graphic images to avoid.