╌>

George Clooney shares unflattering anecdote about Donald Trump from 'before he was a president,' more news

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  21 comments

By:   MSN

George Clooney shares unflattering anecdote about Donald Trump from 'before he was a president,' more news
Trump can't stand his own supporters, but he's good at faking it.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

George Clooney has some harsh words when discussing America, saying the country reminds him of a "battered child" after "knucklehead" Donald Trump's four years in the White House. The actor, who is a Democrat, went on to argue that Trump "can't stand" his own supporters, but he's good at faking it. He also didn't give too much weight to President Joe Biden's low approval numbers. "I mean, you can't -- it's like taking a battered child and thinking everything's going to be OK on his first day in school. There's a lot of things that have to be repaired, there's a lot of healing that has to happen and it's going to take time," he said. "Poll numbers come up and go down, I would expect them to go back up again. Donald Trump's numbers went up and down." George acknowledged that Trump will be a political factor for years to come. "It's so funny because he was just this knucklehead, I knew him before he was a president. He was just a guy who was chasing girls. Every time you went out, he'd come over and be like: 'What's the name of that girl?' That's all he was," George said. "And the idea that there's this whole group of people that, you know, that they think he's the champion of which, he certainly can't stand in real life. He's gonna play this out for a while and we'll see where we go with it as a country. My hope is that we have a little better sense than to do that again, my hope."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Simple, straight-forward dialogue from a man respected by all.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

trump is the pied piper to his moronic base.

Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @1.1    3 years ago

cagle-trump-pied-piper.png

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago
Simple, straight-forward dialogue from a man respected by all.

Respected by all?  Far from it.  He's another Hollywood mouthpiece whose sole job it to entertain us.  And he's failing at that.

Professor Guide
1.2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2    3 years ago

Thank you for voicing your opinion here today.  I'm honored by your presence. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2    3 years ago

I bet you don't say that about Hollywood trmp supporters like Ted Nugent

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.2    3 years ago

I do.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    3 years ago
The actor, who is a Democrat, went on to argue that Trump "can't stand" his own supporters, but he's good at faking it. 

"And the idea that there's this whole group of people that, you know, that they think he's the champion of which, he certainly can't stand in real life.

But they love him and think he is the best PotUS ever and that he really won in 2020.

I think this quote is spot on.   Trump is playing his supporters (obviously) and they apparently are oblivious to it.

Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  TᵢG @2    3 years ago
Trump is playing his supporters (obviously) and they apparently are oblivious to it.

I had no idea how close to prophetic Trump's words were when he said he could shoot someone on 5th Ave. and not lose a single supporter.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    3 years ago

If Trump runs again Clooney should announce he's running against him. That would be interesting. 

Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago
If Trump runs again Clooney should announce he's running against him.

I'd vote for him.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    3 years ago

So would I!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    3 years ago

The end of the line is back there sister.  I saw him first.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago
 "...there's this whole group of people that, you know, that they think he's the champion..."

And Trump was and still is smart enough to play them for the fools they are.

OIP-C.xFZXkMpryDHPSLLubMWAKAHaFZ?pid=ImgDet&rs=1 Trump-Golden-Calf.png

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    3 years ago

The golden calf is a nice touch

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
4.1.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    3 years ago

They had a "golden Trump" at CPAC.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    3 years ago

with an udder?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @4.1.2    3 years ago

I just caught that

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.3    3 years ago

The udder makes sense as he has been milking his magats for every dime he can.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    3 years ago

He is not smart and even said once to not call him that.  He just found people who are even stupider than him.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5  Texan1211    3 years ago

If we post enough stories about Trump, the mess that is the Biden/Harris Administration will be swept away and voters might forget the chaos brought on by the Democratic Party.