╌>

Biden's story of child rape victim traveling for abortion 'very difficult' to prove, WaPo fact-checker says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  108 comments

By:   Gabriel Hays (Fox News)

Biden's story of child rape victim traveling for abortion 'very difficult' to prove, WaPo fact-checker says
Does anyone believe that it’s the highest majority view that that should not be able to be dealt with or in any other state in the nation? A ten-year-old girl should be forced to give birth to a rapist’s child? I can tell you what: I don’t. I can’t think of anything as much more extreme.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

On Saturday, Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler threw cold water on President Biden's latest abortion talking point about the reversal of Roe v. Wade forcing a 10-year-old rape victim to travel out of state to get an abortion.

According to Kessler, who has a history of being soft on Biden, the president's story is "very difficult" to verify.

Kessler's analysis piece began with a claim Biden made during his Friday speech announcing an executive order he signed to protect abortions in the wake of the Supreme Court's Dobbs v. Jackson ruling overturning Roe v. Wade.

Biden recounted how "Just last week, it was reported that a 10-year-old girl was a rape victim — 10 years old — and she was forced to have to travel out of state to Indiana to seek to terminate the pregnancy and maybe save her life."

The fact-checker declared his skepticism that this claim met journalistic standards. "This is the account of a one-source story that quickly went viral around the world — and into the talking points of the president," he wrote, seemingly doubtful of its certainty.

Kessler began by outlining, "The Supreme Court's overturning of Roe v. Wade, which had guaranteed a right to abortion, has led a number of states to quickly impose new laws to restrict or limit abortions. Ohio was one of the first, imposing a ban on abortions after six weeks of pregnancy, with no exceptions for rape and incest."

He then explained that the story about the 10-year-old rape victim originated in a July 1 Indianapolis Star article titled, "Patients head to Indiana for abortion services as other states restrict care."

The article mentioned how Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist, Caitlan Barnard "received a call from 'a child abuse doctor' in Ohio who had a 10-year-old patient who was six weeks and three days pregnant." The Star reported that the child "was on her way to Indiana to Bernard's care."

Though as Kessler pointed out, "The only source cited for the anecdote was Bernard. She's on the record, but there is no indication that the newspaper made other attempts to confirm her account." When asked to verify her reporting, the piece's author, Shari Rudavksy, "did not respond."

The only support the story received was from a spokesman for Bro Krift, the paper's executive editor, who wrote, "The facts and sourcing about people crossing state lines into Indiana, including the 10-year-old girl, for abortions are clear. We have no additional comment at this time."

Kessler then mentioned how that one flimsy claim made its way into headlines around the world. "The story quickly caught fire, becoming a headline in newspapers around the world. News organizations increasingly 'aggregate' — or repackage — reporting from elsewhere if it appears of interest to readers. So Bernard remained the only source."

Kessler made the additional point that "Under Ohio law, a physician, as a mandated reporter under Ohio Revised Code 2151.421, would be required to report any case of known or suspected physical, sexual or emotional abuse or neglect of a child." Whether such a report to law enforcement was ever made remains unclear, and as noted by Kessler, Governor Mike DeWine, R-Ohio, press secretary Dan Tierney was "unaware of any specific case."

Kessler claimed, "As a spot check, we contacted child services agencies in some of Ohio's most populous cities, including Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton and Toledo. None of the officials we reached were aware of such a case in their areas."

Kessler concluded his analysis by giving his "Bottom Line." He wrote, "This is a very difficult story to check. Bernard is on the record, but obtaining documents or other confirmation is all but impossible without details that would identify the locality where the rape occurred."

Although Kessler made it clear that the story is unverifiable, he didn't protest too much that President Biden used it for emotional effect in his latest speech. "With news reports around the globe and now a presidential imprimatur, however, the story has acquired the status of a 'fact' no matter its provenance. If a rapist is ever charged, the fact finally would have more solid grounding," he declared, almost resigned to the fact that it's now part of the narrative.

The Spectator contributing editor Stephen L. Miller criticized Kessler's "Bottom Line" on Twitter, writing, "Glenn Kessler's definition of fact is if enough news outlets repeat something enough, it acquires a factual status regardless of evidence."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"Washington Post  fact-checker Glenn Kessler drew fierce criticism Monday after saying he did not plan to maintain a "database" for  President Biden's  falsehoods beyond his first 100 days in office.

"I have learned my lesson," Kessler tweeted. "'Learned my lesson' means who knows what the next four years will bring."

The Post famously maintained a database of former President Donald Trump's falsehoods during his entire term in office. Kessler called it a "wild ride."

Note: Whenever the left employs a double standard there is either a BS excuse for it or complete silence.

Also note that this unverified story of a ten year old rape victim graced another familiar front page the other day.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Seems to me that a lot of unverified stories make the rounds these days, especially if they disparage other nations.  Oh, but those stories have a geopolitical purpose, even if they can't be verified. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    2 years ago

Now that you introduced it, China and Russia and Iran are open to discussion.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    2 years ago
The Spectator contributing editor Stephen L. Miller criticized Kessler's "Bottom Line" on Twitter, writing, "Glenn Kessler's definition of fact is if enough news outlets repeat something enough, it acquires a factual status regardless of evidence."

Joseph Goebbels would be very proud of today's media.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @3    2 years ago

There's no such thing as a journalist on Faux 'news'

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
3.1.1  goose is back  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    2 years ago
There's no such thing as a journalist on Faux 'news'

Here.....I'll make it easy on you Biden lied, there is no 10 year old rape victim that was denied an abortion. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  goose is back @3.1.1    2 years ago
A 27-year-old man has been charged in the sexual assault of a 10-year-old girl who reportedly traveled from Ohio to Indiana for an abortion in a case that drew international attention — and scrutiny — in the wake of the   overturning of Roe v. Wade .

Gershon Fuentes, who was arrested Tuesday, confessed to raping the child, according to documents filed in Franklin County, Ohio, Municipal Court. 

He was charged with the rape of a minor and faces a life sentence and deportation, the documents state. Bond was set at $2 million, and an initial hearing is scheduled for next week.

Ohio man charged in rape of 10-year-old who traveled to Indiana for abortion (nbcnews.com)

July 13, 2022, 6:27 PM CDT  /  Updated July 14, 2022, 9:11 AM CDT
By   Chantal Da Silva   and   Elisha Fieldstadt

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @3    2 years ago

Ya!  They'd be very proud of Faux 'news' and their talking heads.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    2 years ago

I trust absolutely nothing from Faux 'news'

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
According to Kessler, who has a history of being soft on Biden, the president's story is "very difficult" to verify.

It's pretty sad when the Democrat propaganda machine can't even back up this fools claims.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5    2 years ago

They just run with anything some other leftist cooks up.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 years ago

You would think they would have some integrity and run at least a common sense check.  But then again, bloggers will do anything for attention. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    2 years ago

Projection, deflection, denial, and outright lies is all republicans/'conservatives' have anymore.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6    2 years ago

Do you have any verification of the ten year old girl story?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    2 years ago

None of them do............................it was a Joe the Plumber moment..........

Hallux
Masters Principal
6.1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    2 years ago
Do you have any verification of the ten year old girl story?

Yes ...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    2 years ago
A 27-year-old man has been charged in the sexual assault of a 10-year-old girl who reportedly traveled from Ohio to Indiana for an abortion in a case that drew international attention — and scrutiny — in the wake of the    overturning of Roe v. Wade  .

Gershon Fuentes, who was arrested Tuesday, confessed to raping the child, according to documents filed in Franklin County, Ohio, Municipal Court. 

He was charged with the rape of a minor and faces a life sentence and deportation, the documents state. Bond was set at $2 million, and an initial hearing is scheduled for next week.

Ohio man charged in rape of 10-year-old who traveled to Indiana for abortion (nbcnews.com)

July 13, 2022, 6:27 PM CDT   /    Updated July 14, 2022, 9:11 AM CDT
By      Chantal Da Silva       and      Elisha Fieldstadt

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @6    2 years ago
Projection, deflection, denial, and outright lies is all republicans/'conservatives'

That's hilariously wrong given it's the left's propaganda machine calling bullshit on Biden's story.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  Tessylo    2 years ago

292546160_5867185269959762_5774816124213518315_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=0EcfnGl9FlcAX9CcCfn&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_wYZkxIAsTzL4G65X6B5Bzm1kPTImOr8MlBGo-D7gwJg&oe=62D438D6

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @7    2 years ago

That won't do it.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.2  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @7    2 years ago

Because a Trump that actually managed to catch TDS says so?

If what she says is true; then Democrats have nothing to fear about midterms.

So why are they fleeing office?

JBB
Professor Principal
9  JBB    2 years ago

Privacy of a child victim exceeds prurient curiosity!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @9    2 years ago
Privacy of a child victim exceeds prurient curiosity!

As has been explained to you earlier, the facts can be confirmed without releasing the child's name.

But somehow, no proof can be found anywhere!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1    2 years ago
"Under Ohio law, a physician, as a mandated reporter under  Ohio Revised Code 2151.421 , would be required to report any case of known or suspected physical, sexual or emotional abuse or neglect of a child to their local child welfare or law enforcement agency. So Bernard’s colleague would have had to make such a report to law enforcement at the same time he or she contacted Bernard. Presumably then a criminal case would have been opened."

Bernard declined to identify to the Fact Checker her colleague or the city where the child was located. “Thank you for reaching out. I’m sorry, but I don’t have any information to share,” she said in an email.

Dan Tierney, press secretary for Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine (R), said the governor’s office was unaware of any specific case but he said under the state’s decentralized system, records would be held at a local level. Thus, he said, it would be hard to confirm a report without knowing the local jurisdiction to narrow the search. He added: “The rape of a ten-year-old certainly would be newsworthy.”

As a spot check, we contacted child services agencies in some of Ohio’s most populous cities, including Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton and Toledo. None of the officials we reached were aware of such a case in their areas.
Well some people lie and others will swear to it. Sound like bullshit to me. Typical Dem ploy. TUG on them heart strings.

JBB
Professor Principal
9.1.2  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.1.1    2 years ago

Are you happy now? Your need to know was greater than the health and safety of a child. Will antiabortion protesters harass her now?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
9.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @9.1.2    2 years ago

Weren't you happy to seed the original report?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
9.1.4  afrayedknot  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @9.1.3    2 years ago

What’s your fucking problem, wry?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
9.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  afrayedknot @9.1.4    2 years ago
What’s your fucking problem, wry?

Fortunately, neither the chemo nor the surgery affected my fucking, but thanks for asking.

JBB
Professor Principal
9.1.6  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @9.1.5    2 years ago

[Deleted]

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
9.1.7  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JBB @9.1.6    2 years ago

enjoys poking and prodding most any that doesn,t agree with, with many a worthless inquiry and question posed, and though educated, ignorance shows, the way many must get through their day of frustration, attempting a disinformation, for their mental masturbation, leaves them less than satisfied, but that's just my selfish opinion of myself, but perhaps Drinker could confirm my self diagnostic decipher, cause i'm all in till death, because i'm a pro choice Lifer, who used to want to bang Michelle Pfeifer, but now would settle for more, but just don't understand how a man gets to decide the definition of whore, because rich in influence, over the poor   

judgements made, doesn't change the fact, 

it takes two to get laid

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
9.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @9.1.6    2 years ago
removed for context

Not affected either, I'm still the fucker that I always was.  I was less than completely transparent though in 9.1.5.  I've always tried to be upfront about my experience with cancer and my treatment.

My chemo affected, at least temporarily, some aspects of my involuntary nervous system.  For example, I have neuropathy in my hands and feet.  An annoyance, not a disability.  Along with  that, it has interfered with ejaculation by damaging the nerves that control the prostate and seminal vesicles.  The good news is that I enjoy erections as before it just stops the path that semen normally takes out of the body. I seem to take longer but have a heightened “dry orgasm.”  My wife and I both enjoy this post treatment condition.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
9.1.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  igknorantzrulz @9.1.7    2 years ago
but that's just my selfish opinion of myself, but perhaps Drinker could confirm my self diagnostic decipher,

I’m not sure what you want me to confirm or deny.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
9.1.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @9.1.9    2 years ago

i'd probably deny confirming it, so as i would have a confirmed denial

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
9.1.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  igknorantzrulz @9.1.10    2 years ago

Ok, now I'm laughing.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
9.2  Snuffy  replied to  JBB @9    2 years ago

A news story that runs based on a single source from a doctor in Indianapolis who said she received a phone call from a doctor in Ohio who had a 10 year old girl who was pregnant from rape.  Yet there has not been any criminal investigations found by fact checkers despite the Ohio law that mandates the doctor in Ohio MUST report this to the authorities.  Even the doctor in Indianapolis has not responded to any news organizations who have attempted to contact her for verification.  And the doctor in Indianapolis is a known abortion activist who has sued the State of Indiana to stop abortion regulations in the past.

If there is no verification that this story is true, why do you continue to defend it?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @9.2    2 years ago
If there is no verification that this story is true, why do you continue to defend it?

Only because many on the left hope the story is true so they can claim all sorts of things will happen.

Facts be damned.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
9.2.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Snuffy @9.2    2 years ago
why do you continue to defend it?

His prurient curiosity.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @9    2 years ago

Oh, is that why Biden's defenders can't verify it?

freepress
Freshman Silent
10  freepress    2 years ago

This happened in Ohio and these so called "fact checkers" need to look at what happened after DeWine signed the bill. They also need to read all the local sources who were actually reporting. 

Not to mention the privacy issue where the parents or guardians have the right to privacy concerning their child's healthcare and the crime perpetrated against this child was probably sealed for privacy reasons with the court.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Or maybe this is where the story came from?

A Columbus man has been charged with impregnating a 10-year-old Ohio girl,  whose travel to Indiana to seek an abortion  led to international attention   following the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v Wade  and  activation of Ohio's abortion law .

Gershon Fuentes, 27, whose last known address was an apartment on Columbus' Northwest Side, was arrested Tuesday after police say he confessed to raping the child on at least two occasions. He's since been charged with rape, a felony of the first degree in Ohio.

Columbus police were made aware of the girl's pregnancy through a referral by  Franklin County Children Services  that was made by her mother on June 22, Det. Jeffrey Huhn testified Wednesday morning at Fuentes' arraignment. On June 30, the girl underwent a medical abortion in Indianapolis, Huhn said.

Franklin County Municipal Court Judge Cynthia Ebner  said the case did not warrant Fuentes — who is believed to be undocumented — to be held without bond.

Ebner said a high bond was necessary, however, due to Fuentes being a possible flight risk and for the safety of the child involved. Before being arrested, Huhn and Det. David Phillips collected a saliva sample from Fuentes, according to a probable cause statement.

Ebner set a $2 million bond for Fuentes, who is being held in the Franklin County jail.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    2 years ago

Shouldn't the media-beloved abortionist be charged for failing to report the rape of a child or for lying about same?

And shouldn't she lose her medical license either way?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1    2 years ago

How about the guilt of Joe Biden for letting all these people in?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1.2  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1    2 years ago

You don't know that she didn't report it.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1.3  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.1    2 years ago

You don't know his immigration status.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @12.1.2    2 years ago

You're a little late Pat. We just got the story from the Dispatch.

Look up..

Post 12...Fresh off the press

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @12.1.3    2 years ago
You don't know his immigration status.

I only know what the Dispatch says because It's all we got.

It says:

"Fuentes —  who is believed to be undocumented"

Furthermore:

"There is a Fox News report that it was able to confirm an abortion involving a ten-year-old girl in Indiana but could not confirm the other claims. Fox is also reporting that a HIPPA complaint has been filed against Dr. Caitlin Bernard. There remain, however, questions as to why the child had to leave Ohio, which has exceptions that would apply to the case. This may reflect confusion among these doctors, but the law seems clear on the available exceptions. There is also the question of what happened to this child and whether a police report was filed. There may have been such a report. It should not violate HIPPA or other laws to confirm that a report was filed and the victim has been protected by authorities."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to    2 years ago

The state of Ohio allows for it to have been done there. She is the exception that is allowed!

So what really happened in this strange case?

and how did the idiot in the White House get wind of it?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.8  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

You won't get an answer.  Just deflection.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1.9  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.4    2 years ago

The abortion provider didn't need to report the rape as the child's mother already did.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1.10  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.5    2 years ago

The operative word there is "believed".

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @12.1.9    2 years ago

Too many unanswered questions right now.

How do you think Biden heard about this story?

Perhaps it was Dr Caitlin Bernard???

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1.12  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.5    2 years ago
There is also the question of what happened to this child and whether a police report was filed. There may have been such a report. It should not violate HIPPA or other laws to confirm that a report was filed and the victim has been protected by authorities."

Your Dispatch link above clears that up.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.13  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @12.1.10    2 years ago
The operative word there is "believed".

It goes back to the Obama days. It gets quietly confirmed after everyone goes on to other news stories.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1.14  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.11    2 years ago

It was mainstream news well before Biden spoke about it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.15  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @12.1.12    2 years ago

She could have had the abortion in Ohio.

My Turley link clears that up. So why did she go to Indiana?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.16  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @12.1.14    2 years ago
It was mainstream news well before Biden spoke about it.

Show us

Links please

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.17  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.16    2 years ago

I can wait Pat, but you know what this is called:

checkmate-picture-id157565947?k=6&m=157565947&s=170667a&w=0&h=J5eVdpB5cwr856RmY4IM0iEFuUzuM8GW4_bZBhXR82k=

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  pat wilson @12.1.14    2 years ago

"It was mainstream news well before Biden spoke about it."

I believe that Pat!  Pay no attention to the deniers and deflectors.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.19  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.18    2 years ago

It was so far under the radar, that as of this morning, many news outlets including the Washington Post were trying to verify it.

Again I ask for a 

LINK

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.20  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.19    2 years ago

"Your Honor, the defense rests.."

MV5BMjE0OTM3NzMxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTEzMjQ2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.19    2 years ago
It was so far under the radar, that as of this morning, many news outlets including the Washington Post were trying to verify it.

Seems like if it was all that mainstream, someone or other could manage to provide a link.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
12.1.22  1stwarrior  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.19    2 years ago

Arrest made in rape of Ohio girl that led to Indiana abortion drawing international attention

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1.23  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.16    2 years ago

Thrawn seeded this TWO WEEKS AGO.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1.24  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.17    2 years ago

Looks like my queen standing there...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.25  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @12.1.21    2 years ago

When Biden said it there hadn't been a story on it anywhere.

Somebody put that Bee in his empty brain.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.1.26  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  1stwarrior @12.1.22    2 years ago

That is the article Vic already linked..................for one thing. He is asking for a link that shows it was in the mainstream media long before today. Oldest one I can find is July first in the Dispatch

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.27  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  1stwarrior @12.1.22    2 years ago

That's NOW

Where was the news of it when Biden spoke of it?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1.28  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.27    2 years ago

Kavika
Professor Principal
12.1.29  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.20    2 years ago

Well Perry you fucked up, looks like you better reopen the case. 

Ohio's attorney general dismissed the story of a 10-year-old child who sought an abortion after being raped. Days later, he celebrated a suspect's arrest in the case.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1.30  pat wilson  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.1.26    2 years ago

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.1.31  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  pat wilson @12.1.30    2 years ago

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1.32  pat wilson  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.1.31    2 years ago

Your point ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.33  Tessylo  replied to  pat wilson @12.1.32    2 years ago

There never is a point.

Just deflection.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.1.34  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  pat wilson @12.1.32    2 years ago

That it was a story July first. Biden spoke of it on the 8th. So yes, it was out there a week prior to his "speech". Problem?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1.35  pat wilson  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.1.34    2 years ago

You just confirmed my point, thank you JJ

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.1.36  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  pat wilson @12.1.35    2 years ago

I know

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.37  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1    2 years ago
Shouldn't the media-beloved abortionist be charged for failing to report the rape of a child or for lying about same?
And shouldn't she lose her medical license either way?

WTF are you babbling about Vic? 

You JUST posted a link and block quoted the part that states that there was referral, informing the police, by Family services on JUNE 22nd. 

So tell me Vic, WHY are you claiming that the OBGYN should be charged for failing to report the rape? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.38  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.1    2 years ago

Your whole fucking seed pretends to abhor jumping to conclusions without sufficient evidence. Yet here you are assuming that the rapist entered the country after Biden was inaugurated. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.39  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @12.1.38    2 years ago
"Your whole fucking seed pretends to abhor jumping to conclusions without sufficient evidence. Yet here you are assuming that the rapist entered the country after Biden was inaugurated."
True!
jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg
jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.40  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @12.1.23    2 years ago

You see Pat, although that little bulletin was published before Biden's claim last Friday, the story was based on IndyStar reporter Shari Rudavsky's report. It was at that point unverified and it is questionable if the local Ohio police had been informed at that time. Who told Rudavsky? The police only made an arrest yesterday after progressives have suddenly made this story a flash point. So if you and your team want a passing grade for finding a story before Biden's claim last Friday, all I can give you is a C. The huge question remains - why did this case get referred to an Indianapolis doctor, when the Ohio abortion law provides for exceptions and minors happen to be one.

The question remains as to why these doctors took this action when the treatment could have occurred in Ohio, which not only has an exception to protect the life of the mother but also “to to prevent the serious risk of the substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function of the pregnant woman.”  

Here is what you ignored:

"Under Ohio law ,  any such case must be reported to police and Yost’s office would likely be involved in any DNA testing that is common in such cases. He said that his staff could not find a single police report or a lab case.   Indiana law also requires medical professionals like Dr. Bernard to report such cases. So both the “child abuse doctor” and Dr. Bernard were presumably under an obligation to report the rape."

Glenn Kessler noted in his column in the  Washington Post  that the Indianapolis Star story did not seem to meet basic journalistic standards and that the lead reporter Shari Rudavsky also refused to answer basic questions. Kessler noted “the only source cited for the anecdote was Bernard. She’s on the record, but there is no indication that the newspaper made other attempts to confirm her account.”

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
12.1.41  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.7    2 years ago
The state of Ohio allows for it to have been done there. She is the exception that is allowed!

Yes, that's what the Ohio AG reported several days ago. She didn't need to go to Indiana.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.42  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @12.1.41    2 years ago

I just heard that she missed a deadline to request the abortion. That is evidently the reason. The doctor in Indy didn't want to tell us that part.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1.43  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.40    2 years ago

You failed, admit it.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.1.44  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.40    2 years ago
all I can give you is a C.

for conspiracy?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
12.1.45  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.42    2 years ago

This story has become almost as convoluted with disinformation (or deliberate lack of information) as the Uvalde shooting is. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.46  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @12.1.45    2 years ago

The good doctor had the 27 year old illegal alien down as a 17 year old.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
12.1.47  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.46    2 years ago

So I heard. The Indiana AG opened an investigation into this doctor's behavior. This article sums up all the mystery (so far) quite well.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.48  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @12.1.47    2 years ago

Oh yes....."an “abortion activist acting as a doctor” who has a “history of failing to report” criminal incidents."   I think you found the definitive article to date. Isn't it amazing how these stories that smell like 3 day old fish turn out to be leftwing inspired narratives. I knew right away when I saw that whole team here to defend this highly embellished incident that even the Washington Post was afraid of.

Thank you for the story.

(And a thank you to Mr Mason for bringing it to trial.)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.1.49  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.48    2 years ago

another reason to use the NYP as liner for bird cages.

" an “abortion activist acting as a doctor” who has a “history of failing to report” criminal incidents."

sounds like several reasons for a defamation lawsuit by Dr. Bernard,

a practicing, licensed OBGYN at Indiana University Health.

State court data shows no criminal charges have been filed against Bernard. The Marion County Prosecutor's Office said it had not received any allegations that she failed to report the case of the 10-year-old.

But a pregnancy termination report released Thursday showed Bernard filed with the Indiana Department of Health and Department of Child Services  in accordance with state laws, confirming the information that the doctor provided.

The records, obtained by the IndyStar through a public records request, show that Bernard reported the abortion before the state's reporting deadline and that she disclosed the child had suffered abuse.

Indiana doctor Caitlin Bernard did not violate HIPAA, officials say (usatoday.com)

The Republican AG, Rokita, when informed, doubled down on his right 

to pursue a "legal review".

In other words, a witch hunt.

Color me surprised.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.1.50  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @12.1.49    2 years ago

Well it took all of 24 hours for Dr Bernard's lawyer to send a 'cease and desist'

letter to Rokita warning him to stop his defamation campaign.

jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13  Tessylo    2 years ago

He didn't 'let all 'those people' in'

Yet another deflection.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @13    2 years ago

migrants-immigration-biden-cause-surge.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14  Tessylo    2 years ago

An Australian woman was detained by a US border official who asked if she'd recently had an abortion

An Australian woman was detained by a US border official who asked if she'd recently had an abortion
Isabella Zavarise
Wed, July 13, 2022 at 1:24 AM
  • Madolline Gourley was traveling to Canada where she planned to house-sit.

• A US border officer asked Gourley if she had recently had an abortion.

• Gourley   told   The Guardian Australia she was treated like a criminal by US Customs and Border Protection.

An Australian woman traveling through the US was detained and interrogated by a US border official about whether she had recently had an abortion.

The Guardian Australia   reported   that Madolline Gourley was traveling from Australia to Canada, where she planned to house- and cat-sit in exchange for free accommodations. Gourley has a   travel blog   where she documents her cat-sitting excursions.

The 30-year-old   told   The Guardian she was treated like a criminal during her stop in Los Angeles on June 30, when border officials became suspicious about why she was traveling to Canada.

After being photographed, patted down, and interrogated twice, Gourley was asked whether she was pregnant. As she moved from one detention room to the next, she was asked again by an agent if she was pregnant. When she said she wasn't, she was asked whether she had had an abortion.

"I don't know if she had forgotten, or she wanted to work out if I was lying or something, " she told The Guardian Australia. "I said no, and she looked at me again and said, 'Have you recently had an abortion?'"

"I don't know the thought process behind that," Gourley said. "I just thought, 'What's the relevance of that to my situation?'"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @14    2 years ago

Speaking of relevance:  What has that story got to do with the story the idiotic Biden is telling?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to    2 years ago

A feminist?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.3  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

Is that the real question?

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.1.4  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.2    2 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @14.1.4    2 years ago

Madolline says thanks for noticing

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.1.6  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.5    2 years ago

Just wanted to inform you and monkeypox of the facts. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15  Tessylo    2 years ago

Jan. 6 hearings are making it harder for Republicans to keep the Trump charade going

Travis Long/tlong@newsobserver.com
the Editorial Board
Wed, July 13, 2022 at 10:02 AM

January 6 is not behind us — the House select committee investigating the attack on the U.S. Capitol has made that much clear.

The committee has held seven public hearings so far, gradually putting together the pieces of Donald Trump’s dangerous election lies and how they ultimately led to an attempted coup.

It seems almost unthinkable that someone could watch the hearings and still manage to find the behavior of Trump and his allies defensible. So maybe that’s why Republicans refuse to take them seriously.

North Carolina Senate leader Phil Berger is one of many Republicans who claims he hasn’t been watching the hearings, calling them “fictional readings.”

“I think what’s going on there is an effort to paint a picture that is an exaggeration in many respects of what happened … or maybe even just a fictional account of what someone’s perception is of people’s motivations,” Berger told WRAL’s Travis Fain on a podcast last week .

But Berger and his fellow Republicans should really start paying attention.

At Tuesday’s hearing, the committee explained how Trump intentionally   summoned a mob to the nation’s capital   and directed the mob to wage an attack on our democracy.

In December 2020, after the Electoral College officially confirmed Joe Biden as the winner of the election, Trump sent a tweet urging his supporters to come to Washington on Jan. 6, writing, “Be there, will be wild!”

That tweet, the committee said, served as a call to action and, in some cases, a call to arms for Trump supporters. They began to organize in the darkest corners of the internet, calling Jan. 6 a “once in a lifetime moment.”

It was all planned. The potential for violence was obvious. And it was all based on a lie that Trump and those in his inner circle knew was untrue.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @15    2 years ago

You can go wherever you want with this. I have to define topic in Post # 1 and as you can see, I did not.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
16  Tessylo    2 years ago

I don't need anyone's permission to do as I please.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
16.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @16    2 years ago

That depends on what you please.