╌>

Armed Man Who Stormed FBI Office Said He Wanted ‘War’ After Mar-a-Lago Raid

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  hallux  •  2 years ago  •  57 comments

By:    Callie Patteson

Armed Man Who Stormed FBI Office Said He Wanted ‘War’ After Mar-a-Lago Raid
Ricky Shiffer appeared to tell his followers on Truth Social that he was “ready for combat” after the FBI raided Trump’s Florida estate.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The armed man who tried to storm the FBI’s Cincinnati office on Thursday, before getting into a shootout with cops that left him dead in an Ohio cornfield, appeared to be a conspiracy-addled Trump super-fan who told his followers on Truth Social that he was “ready for combat” after the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago on Monday.

The gunman was identified as 42-year-old Ricky Shiffer, The Daily Beast confirmed with the Ohio State Patrol.

Two days before Shiffer embarked on the failed breach, an account under the same name on Truth Social foreshadowed the attack, calling for followers to “kill the F.B.I. on sight” in the wake of the Trump raid. In his bio on TruthSocial, Shiffer identified himself as an electrician based in Columbus, Ohio, who had multiple social media firms lock his account.

“People, this is it,” the account   posted . “I hope a call to arms comes from someone better qualified, but if not, this is your call to arms from me. Leave work tomorrow as soon as the gun shop/Army-Navy store/pawn shop opens, get whatever you need to be ready for combat. We must not tolerate this one.”

A post timestamped 9:29 a.m. Thursday, about 15 minutes after a man with a rifle tried to breach the visitor screening part of the FBI office, said, “Well, I thought I had a way through bullet proof glass, and I didn’t. If you don’t hear from me, it is true I tried attacking the F.B.I., and it’ll mean either I was taken off the internet, the F.B.I. got me, or they sent the regular cops while.”

Shiffer was shot dead in a rural Ohio cornfield around 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Ohio State Patrol Lt. Nathan Dennis said in a press conference. He said that hours of non-lethal tactics failed before the 42-year-old was gunned down.

“The suspect then did raise a firearm toward law enforcement and shots were fired by law enforcement officers on the scene,” Dennis said.

After announcing his “call to arms” Tuesday, a user asked Shiffer if he was “proposing terrorism?” Shiffer’s account replied, “No, I am proposing war.”

“Be ready to kill the enemy, not mass shootings where leftists go, not lighting busses on fire with transexuals in them, not finding people with lefist signs in their yards and beating them up,” the post said. “Violence is not (all) terrorism. Kill the F.B.I. on sight, and be ready to take down other active enemies of the people and those who try to prevent you from doing it.”

Sheffer was also active elsewhere on social media, despite his most recent posts being limited to Truth Social.

He appeared to feature in a video posted to Facebook on Jan. 5, 2021, of him at a pro-Trump rally in D.C. the night before the Capitol was overrun,   The New York Times   reported. Two law enforcement sources cited by the   Times   said investigators were looking at Shiffer’s links to extremist groups involved in the riot.

A Twitter account in Shiffer’s name follows just two people—one of which is Donald Trump Jr.—and posted a reply to a tweet in May that claimed he was at the Jan. 6 insurrection.

“I was there.   We watched as your goons did that ,” he wrote, seemingly implying that Trump foes were responsible for the carnage. “When I told the ones trying to break back in that Trump tweeted be peaceful, one of them said, ‘Fuck Trump.’”

In another tweet, he name-checked the Proud Boys, a right-wing extremist group accused of conspiring to storm the Capitol.

Oh, the packing. The packing could be here. Save ammunition, get in touch with the Proud Boys and learn how they did it in the Revolutionary War, because submitting to tyranny while lawfully protesting was never the American way. LEXINGTON
— Ricky Shiffer (@RickyShiffer)   May 8, 2022

In his first tweet on April 26, he wrote to Trump Jr.: “I’m just waiting for your Dad. I opened my account (first ever) at 12:25 today.”

He followed it up with a tweet storm of more than 40 posts on May 7 covering nearly every hot-button conservative conspiracy, from antifa being behind the Capitol riot, to the 2020 election being rigged, to COVID trutherism. His posts are often littered with threats of violence.

In a reply to a tweet from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-RA), who had written that she was getting “feeling 2016 vibes,” Schiffer wrote, “Congresswoman Greene, they got away with fixing elections in plain sight. It's over. The next step is the one we used in 1775.”

In reply to a post about COVID, he wrote, “Under no circumstances comply. We didn’t get this country through peaceful compliance-or peaceful protest.”

In another, he said he was ready for “war against the communists who chemically nueter prebuscent children and call it gender transitioning.” He ended the post: “Save ammunition.”

FBI Cincinnati said   in a statement Thursday that an “armed subject” tried to breach the visitors’ screening area at about 9 :15 a.m., triggering an alarm and a response by FBI special agents. The man, now known to be Sheffer, fired a nail gun at personnel inside the building,   NBC reported , before holding up an “AR-15 style rifle” as he fled.

Authorities say Shiffer then drove over 40 miles northeast with FBI agents and state troopers giving chase. Authorities say gunfire was exchanged between officers and Shiffer, who then took cover in a cornfield for more than five hours.

As cops chased the Shiffer through the rural community of Wilmington, the county’s emergency management agency told residents within a one-mile radius to stay inside, lock their doors, and “remain vigilant.” Shiffer was described as armed, wearing a gray shirt and body armor.

Interstate 71—an important artery that connects Cincinnati to the state’s capital, Columbus, where Shiffer lived, was closed for several hours before being reopened around 2:30 p.m. as local authorities confirmed the gunman was “contained.”

There has been an increased threat level for federal agents after the FBI searched former President Donald Trump’s Florida retreat, Mar-a-Lago, on Monday, which prompted calls to “ defund the FBI ” from Republican members of Congress. Others on the far right, however, have called for something far more sinister—a “ civil war .”

Authorities have not released a potential motive for the gunman’s attempted breach of the field office, despite his social media suggesting it was politically motivated.

The FBI did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
PhD Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    2 years ago

Ricky was only trying to get his J-6 picnic basket back ... @!@

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  Hallux @1    2 years ago
Ricky was only trying to get his J-6 picnic basket back ... @!@

The dumbass would have been much better off buying a new one. 

One wonders how many of the crazies are running around the US.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @1.1    2 years ago
One wonders how many of the crazies are running around the US.

71 million at last count, but their numbers appear to be dwindling rapidly...

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1.2  seeder  Hallux  replied to  devangelical @1.1.1    2 years ago

Just wait, November could be a total freak-out for them.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Hallux @1.1.2    2 years ago

yup, that's why they keep telling us how the democrats are going down the exit ramp.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  dennis smith @1.1.4    2 years ago

Ya got that ass backwards as usual

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1.3    2 years ago

Projection, deflection, denial, hate, rage and ignorance at it's finest as their king of turds is going down.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Hallux @1    2 years ago

law enforcement officials giving chase stated they weren't concerned about losing the perp in traffic...

AP_20135546205627-768x512.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 years ago

298991164_563989995410915_6274519714487388433_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=sIKoa2S2P9QAX-wJwow&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT--Uvj7qpbXFWZPzXt2_FKsdjCMa4gFYr580E4KuTNypw&oe=62FB7CCA

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 years ago

My only thought when I see that, or anything like that is "What a faggot." 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2  Snuffy    2 years ago

At least the nutjob didn't succeed and is now dead.  With luck that will prevent a few others from also trying this.  I don't agree with how the FBI handled the raid at Mar-a-Lago but attacking random FBI agents is not the way to fix the problem.  

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @2    2 years ago

Yet the right wing is the ones calling for violence.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.1  Snuffy  replied to  Ender @2.1    2 years ago

In this instance yes there are some in the right wing who are calling for violence.  In other instances there are some from the left wing that call for violence.  Neither side is pure.

But to continue to only blame one side is to insure that the issues of the partisan divide in this country cannot be changed and we might as well give up.  I said it right at the beginning, this fucking nutjob didn't succeed and is now dead and hopefully a few others who were thinking of taking similar action will now back down and go away.  But I won't blame an entire group for the actions of a few.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.1    2 years ago

When you have right wing talking heads talking about war, taking the country back, etc, my opinion is justified.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.1    2 years ago
The Gateway Pundit, a pro-Trump outlet, wrote “This. Means. War”—which was “quickly amplified by a Telegram account connected to Stephen K. Bannon, Mr. Trump’s onetime political adviser,” according to The New York Times . Bannon called the FBI “the Gestapo” and said , “We need to choke down the FBI and choke down the Justice Department.” Another former Trump adviser, Michael Caputo, said , “With this militant raid on President Trump’s home, we have become Russia. The FBI is the KGB.” And Fox’s Dan Bongino called the FBI’s action “some third-world bullshit.”

Dinesh D’Souza, a right-wing provocateur who received a pardon from Trump for campaign-finance violations, said , “The FBI, an organization set up to fight organized crime, has become the most powerful organized crime syndicate in the world. We now need to carry the fight against organized crime to its logical conclusion: Shut down the FBI and prosecute this gang of dangerous criminals.”

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich suggested that the FBI might have planted evidence against Trump . When asked by Charlie Kirk, a talk-show host, why the FBI would do this, Gingrich said , “We’d be better off to think of these people as wolves”—wolves who “want to eat you, wolves who want to dominate.” According to Gingrich, the FBI has “declared war on the American people at such a level and with such total dishonesty.” We are seeing “the ugly face of a tyranny.”

One of the most popular figures on Fox News, Jesse Watters, hinted that the FBI was setting up Trump . “How do we know they’re not planting evidence right now?” he asked. Watters added, “I’m angry. I feel violated. The whole country feels violated. It’s disgusting. They’ve declared war on us and now it’s game on.”

Sebastian Gorka, a former Trump adviser who now hosts a show on Salem Radio, said the FBI’s actions were “a declaration of war.” Monica Crowley, a right-wing commentator who worked in the Trump administration, tweeted , “This is it. This is the hill to die on.” Another popular right-wing talk-show host, Mark Levin, made this claim : “This is the worst attack on this republic in modern history, period.” For good measure, he added , “This is a Stalinist hunt.” And Stephen Miller, who worked closely with Trump in the White House, called the FBI’s action an “abomination” and made this historical comparison : “We are truly living in a situation where the FBI has become a Praetorian Guard from Rome where they take it unto themselves to decide who wields power in this country.”

I could go on. So yes I can and will blame a group of people.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.1    2 years ago

The major problem we have in politics right now is that way too many people are willing to and do make excuses for Trump. 

Until conservatives and "patriots" denounce Donald Trump and run him out of the Republican Party there is no hope and things will get worse. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Ender @2.1.3    2 years ago
So yes I can and will blame a group of people.

Yep, you are right. Right wingers, conspiracy nuts and wackos want to say "both sides" are responsible. But so do some "moderates" who have helped to enable Trump for the past 7 years. A lot of moderates and independents never took him seriously until it was too late. 

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    2 years ago

I get tired of that line. Well both sides do it. It is a cop out.

I don't see both sides calling for war or both sides trying to overthrow elections.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Gsquared  replied to  Ender @2.1.3    2 years ago
“This is the worst attack on this republic in modern history, period.”

The same reichists that claim the attack on the Capitol was a normal tourist day.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.8  devangelical  replied to  Gsquared @2.1.7    2 years ago

I guess the mar-a-lago raid was just a self guided FBI tour then...

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Ender  replied to  Gsquared @2.1.7    2 years ago

And try to put the blame on the other side.

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.1.10  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.1    2 years ago
hopefully a few others who were thinking of taking similar action will now back down and go away.

Hope is a windsock.The usual scenario may well be that he is martyrized and others follow afoot. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  cjcold  replied to  Ender @2.1.2    2 years ago

Unfortunately, low IQ far right-wing fascists that Fox and Trump have raised to extreme violence will still have to be dealt with. 

The sooner that Trump goes to prison the better.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.12  Split Personality  replied to  cjcold @2.1.11    2 years ago

I read somewhere else today that the average level of American education

is around the sixth grade currently.

Ricky, knowing his AR15 bullets would not be effective against bullet proof glass

wisely brought along a nail gun.

I guess that bears out the 6th grade theory.../s

jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.1    2 years ago

I'm so sick of your 'both sides' shit.  THAT IS NOT THE CASE HERE.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @2.1.3    2 years ago

Why aren't these scum behind bars like trumpturd for inciting violence - Bannon, D'Souza Gorka - every fucking one of those neo-nazi alt right fucking scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @2.1.6    2 years ago
"I get tired of that line. Well both sides do it. It is a cop out. I don't see both sides calling for war or both sides trying to overthrow elections."

I'm sick of it.  Sick to death of it.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.13    2 years ago

FUCK OFF

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.18  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.16    2 years ago
I'm sick of it.  Sick to death of it

[Deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Sparty On  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.18    2 years ago

[Deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.20  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.14    2 years ago

[deleted]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.21  Split Personality  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.13    2 years ago
Repeating the same failed process and expecting a different outcome is typical of those who continue to do so and their supporters

Only have to look back to 9 years of the same BS of the R's trying to take down

Obama.

And now McCarthy promises to do the same to Biden or any Democrat when his party 

rises to the majority.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @2    2 years ago

Nope all the cockroach trumpturd supporters are crawling out of the woodwork even more now with all of their hate and rage and ignorance and threatening Federal agents for a legal search of his Mar-A-Lardo residence.

Oh it was so fucking unfair wasn't it?

You really take the freaking cake.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @2.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    2 years ago

I didn't know they released who it was yet.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4  Gsquared    2 years ago

He wanted war.  He got war.  

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1  Ender  replied to  Gsquared @4    2 years ago

Too bad he won't be able to see any outcome...

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Ender @4.1    2 years ago

The outcome is he went to war and died.

Another one of America's enemies is eliminated.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  cjcold  replied to  Gsquared @4.1.1    2 years ago

And here I thought that was what insane asylums were for.

Ronald Reagan shut them down so far right wingers could still vote and shoot.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @4.1.2    2 years ago

And not a single Democratic President since then could change it?

Sounds like Democrats can't stop the GOP from doing whatever it wants and can not do what they want to do.

Why keep on voting for them if they are so damn ineffective?

Or just going to go back in time and place blame for everything on a Republican?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @4.1.2    2 years ago

The start of the Immoral Majority

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @4.1.2    2 years ago
Ronald Reagan shut them down so far right wingers could still vote and shoot.

Were most of our asylums federal?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.5    2 years ago
Were most of our asylums federa

Nope, and all that is is just another crackpot theory espoused by leftists.

Seems weird to me that no Democratic President ever changed anything, especially in light of the amount of bitching coming from the left.

I suppose by doing nothing, they can still bitch about events from 40 years ago.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.6    2 years ago

I suppose by doing nothing, they can still bitch about events from 40 years ago.

You got that right.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    2 years ago
Andrew Lawrence
@ndrew_lawrence
·
some dude woke up today and decided to commit suicide by cop bc the former host of celebrity apprentice wasnt allowed to keep the top secret documents he stole from the white house

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    2 years ago
Sb5b5Oiy_bigger.jpg
Joe Walsh
@WalshFreedom
·
Nuclear secrets. Wonder what else he was hiding. And he has the entire Republican Party on a leash. Just hilarious. They so deserve it. The entire Republican Party so deserves to be held hostage by him.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 years ago

I have an old friend named Joe Walsh and he sure isn't a far right-wing fascist.

First met 'My' Joe Walsh back even before the early James Gang days.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @6.1    2 years ago

"I have an old friend named Joe Walsh and he sure isn't a far right-wing fascist.

First met 'My' Joe Walsh back even before the early James Gang days."

That's so cool CJ.  I really like Joe Walsh

He's been the musical guest on Stephen Colbert this week.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @6.1    2 years ago
First met 'My' Joe Walsh back even before the early James Gang days.

Did you meet him first in NJ, Kent State or Cleveland.

Joe reunites with the James Gang for what is billed as his final concert, 13 Nov in Columbus.  Dave Grohl, Nine Inch Nails, the Black Keys and the Breeders are also performing.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7  Sparty On    2 years ago

Crackpots come in all shapes and sizes.    Some attack well armed agencies.    Others shoot up defenseless softball games.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.1  cjcold  replied to  Sparty On @7    2 years ago

Agreed! I will defend myself when attacked but will never use ideology to attack others.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  cjcold @7.1    2 years ago

Yep, just like most Americans.    Problem is we are boring and don’t sell advertising or get as many internet clicks.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.1.2  cjcold  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.1    2 years ago

Only far right wing fascists really care about that.

Independent liberals tend to avoid fights they can't win.

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.3  bugsy  replied to  cjcold @7.1.2    2 years ago
Independent liberals

Very few "independent liberals". Most are loon leftists hell bent on the destruction of this country.