╌>

John Fetterman debate was painful and shameful — he is physically incapable of being a Senator

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  194 comments

By:   John Podhoretz (New York Post)

John Fetterman debate was painful and shameful — he is physically incapable of being a Senator
I've never seen anything like the Pennsylvania Senate debate between John Fetterman and Mehmet Oz on Tuesday night, and I hope never to have to see anything like it ever again.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Eleven years ago, Texas Gov. Rick Perry destroyed his bid for the presidency when he said in a debate that he had three examples of something and then could only remember two.

That's all it took — and rightly so. Debates afford voters a rare chance to see politicians under pressure having to think on their feet and respond to unexpected events.

I've never seen anything like the Pennsylvania Senate debate between John Fetterman and Mehmet Oz on Tuesday night, and I hope never to have to see anything like it ever again. It was horrible. I didn't think I would ever experience a moment as painful in the midst of a political campaign as the Perry moment, but that was like watching Pavarotti sing "Nessun Dorma" compared to this.

The stroke that Fetterman himself said "knocked" him down at the debate's outset has impaired him. Full stop. Don't believe anyone who even tries to tell you different, and you should probably not trust any such person to tell you whether you need an umbrella because you don't know whether it's raining.

Seeing Fetterman struggle to answer simple questions and form simple sentences was nothing less than an agony. There's no sense even in trying to characterize how he did in expressing himself on issues, or how Mehmet Oz did talking about matters ranging from abortion to fracking to Social Security.

Dr. Oz trails Fetterman in the polls and has been mocked by his opponent's campaign. WHTM

Only one thing mattered, and that was watching Fetterman try to make a showing of himself despite his painful impairment. I don't want to quote what he said or make specific note of his speech patterns or answers because it would be unnecessarily cruel.

Could Fetterman improve? Yes. Will he improve? We do not know. During the debate he refused to say he would release actual medical records rather than a clearly ginned-up letter from a doctor who is one of his donors.

Many have shown concern for Fetterman's health following his stroke. WHTM

What this debate made entirely clear is this: It is an act of personal, political, and ideological malpractice that Fetterman is still contesting for the Senate.

A month ago Fetterman could have dropped out and the Pennsylvania Democratic party could have put up a different candidate for his office — like Rep. Conor Lamb, who lost to Fetterman in the primary. It's an act of political and ideological malpractice because he and his team have left Democratic voters with no option other than to close their eyes to what they saw and vote for someone who should not be in the Senate — or to vote for his rival. Or not to vote at all.

It's an act of personal malpractice on the part of those who encouraged him to continue because this singularly upsetting performance is not the way any person on this earth — and particularly not someone who suffered a calamitous brain shock — should become famous or notorious or be remembered.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Now you know, boys & girls, why Fetterman only agreed to a debate scheduled weeks after all the damned early voting had begun. The point is not to judge Fetterman on his performance or Oz on anything but the issues. Fetterman told the people last night that he was suddenly of with fracking. Does anyne believe that?  His stance on letting dangerous criminals loose should be enough for people to make what should be a very easy decision.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Is his disability physical only, or is his cognitive ability disabled as well?  If a physical disability is a reason to prevent a person for serving, how in Hell did FDR ever handle the presidency?  Jean Chretien served okay as Prime Minister of Canada notwithstanding his facial paralysis from Bell's Palsy. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    2 years ago

The Uncle Fester wannabe is both physically and cognitively impaired.

The only man around besides Brandon that can flop whiling he is flipping in the same sentence.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    2 years ago

It's not physical. It's mental. He's literally brain damaged. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.2    2 years ago

Please post a verified prognosis.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    2 years ago

A verified prognosis on a man who refuses to release his medical records?

He had a stroke.  That's public. He can't communicate. He made that abundantly clear last night.  All one needs is their eyes and common sense when he restricts his doctors from publishing his records.

But hey, the bright lights didn't make him go hog wild and attack journalists, so I guess he should be senator. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.3  squiggy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Not even the left will admit that early voting is informed voting.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  squiggy @1.3    2 years ago
Not even the left will admit that early voting is informed voting.

Fetterman is exhibit 1A against early voting. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.3.1    2 years ago

In the debate last night Oz was asked if he supported Trump for 2024. Oz tried to say he would support the GOP candidate no matter who it was, but the moderator came back and specifically asked Oz if he was for Trump in 2024. Oz, his political life flashing before his eyes, said of course he supports Donald Trump for 2024 and stands fully behind him. 

THIS is what is truly disqualifying.  Please Sean , make the argument that supporting an obvious traitor like Trump should not be disqualifying .  Dont bother to say Trump is not a traitor, it has already been proven. 

George
Sophomore Expert
1.3.3  George  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.2    2 years ago

You realize Oz only has one vote? Same as any traitor who would vote for a candidate that is obviously mentally impaired like Fetterman or Biden. If you vote a brain damaged candidate because of party you are a traitor.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.4  JohnRussell  replied to  George @1.3.3    2 years ago
If you vote a brain damaged candidate because of party you are a traitor.

I can prove Trump is a traitor. There is absolutely no evidence that Fetterman cannot do the job of a United States senator. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.4    2 years ago
There is absolutely no evidence that Fetterman cannot do the job of a United States senator. 

What sort of evidence are you thinking of? Would you have voted for Caroline Kennedy, or John Edwards or Jon Corzine based on their pre-candidate resume?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.6  Tessylo  replied to  George @1.3.3    2 years ago

[deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.7  devangelical  replied to  George @1.3.3    2 years ago
If you vote a brain damaged candidate because of party you are a traitor.

you're saying stroke victims are brain damaged and should not be involved in government?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.3.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  devangelical @1.3.7    2 years ago

You don't think a stroke damages the brain? 

Lol. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.9  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.3.7    2 years ago

Look at the folks laughing and disparaging and essentially shitting over this man who had a stroke and calling him mentally impaired and brain damaged.

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.10  devangelical  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.3.8    2 years ago

it's a simple question. should stroke victims be allowed to participate in government, or not?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.11  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.9    2 years ago

I'll separate temporary medical mental impairment from willful permanent mental impairment later.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @1.3.11    2 years ago

Is someone trying to disqualify stroke victims from voting and contacting their representatives?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.3.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  devangelical @1.3.10    2 years ago

At least we agree stroke victims are brain damaged. 

roke victims be allowed to participate in government, or not?

Anyone who meets the age, residency etc  requirements is "allowed".

The issue is whether someone should  and  that depends on the damage caused by the stroke.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.14  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.3.11    2 years ago

True.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.15  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.14    2 years ago

Or should I say jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.16  devangelical  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.3.12    2 years ago

... that's what I'm trying to ascertain from george and sean. care to elaborate from any experience on the subject matter?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.17  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @1.3.16    2 years ago

No, I haven't any experience at trying to disqualify stroke victims from voting or contacting their representatives.

George
Sophomore Expert
1.3.18  George  replied to  devangelical @1.3.10    2 years ago

It depends on the severity of the stoke, I understand if they are left drooling, unable to communicate effectively and put together rational thoughts, as long as they are a democrat you are fine, some of us have higher standards. 

Fetterman refuses to release his medical records, if he was a republican would you be okay with that? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.19  Tessylo  replied to  George @1.3.18    2 years ago

What standards?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.20  Ender  replied to  devangelical @1.3.16    2 years ago

You have to remember, these are the same people that are on the side of an actual moron from Georgia.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.21  devangelical  replied to  George @1.3.18    2 years ago
Fetterman refuses to release his medical records

that certainly isn't unique and there's plenty of republican candidates whose cognitive abilities I would question...

George
Sophomore Expert
1.3.22  George  replied to  devangelical @1.3.21    2 years ago

Nice deflection, 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.23  devangelical  replied to  Ender @1.3.20    2 years ago
You have to remember, these are the same people that are on the side of an actual moron from Georgia.

no doubt. there seems to be a sliding scale of cognitive impairment on the right. go figure...

George
Sophomore Expert
1.3.24  George  replied to  Ender @1.3.20    2 years ago
these are the same people that are on the side of an actual moron from Georgia.

They don't appear to be Stacey Abrams supporters.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.25  devangelical  replied to  George @1.3.24    2 years ago

... nice deflection.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.27  devangelical  replied to    2 years ago

perhaps there's some info you would like to share about the mental competency of stroke victims...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.28  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

Yes, you always miss It Is

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.30  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @1.3.27    2 years ago

Apparently, it causes some victims to pivot 180 degrees on the appropriateness of fracking. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.32  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

Who is putting the pressure on Fetterman to become 'some kind of leader'?  Other than himself?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.33  devangelical  replied to    2 years ago

I get the impression from trump supporters here that the mental damage is permanent in all cases. care to dispute that?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.34  devangelical  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.3.30    2 years ago

I have no problem with fracking in underground coal mining areas dominated by voters that lean to the far right.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.35  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.3.33    2 years ago

I just cannot imagine that someone who might have possibly suffered a stroke themselves would demean and shit over Mr. Fetterman like this

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.37  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @1.3.34    2 years ago

I think the fracking occurs were oil and natural gas is found.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.38  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.35    2 years ago

meh, just wait until the drool cup on wheels shows up...

George
Sophomore Expert
1.3.39  George  replied to  devangelical @1.3.38    2 years ago

Fetterman isn't in a wheelchair, yet.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.40  devangelical  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.3.37    2 years ago

were? were what?

there's no coal in any oil and gas production areas in the US?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.3.41  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.3.8    2 years ago
You don't think a stroke damages the brain?  Lol. 

Wow, apparently we have a pile of neurologists. 

Yes, the brain gets damaged, but the damage only applies to the part of the brain affected. So you can have a stroke and not be able to use a hand, or you can have a stroke and not be able to talk but be able to understand. This stroke affects the part of the brain that is involved with speaking, not thinking.

And the reason some people recover from strokes is that the brain has plasticity, which means other parts of the brain, take over to fix the deficit.  

So now everyone knows.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.42  TᵢG  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.41    2 years ago
So now everyone knows.

Knowing and truthfully reflecting in comments are often at odds.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.43  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.35    2 years ago

Even if they didn't suffer a stroke.  I mean the empathy here from some is just deplorable.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.3.44  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  George @1.3.3    2 years ago
Same as any traitor who would vote for a candidate that is obviously mentally impaired like Fetterman or Biden.

A traitor is in the eyes of the beholder.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.3.46  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.2    2 years ago
Dont bother to say Trump is not a traitor, it has already been proven 

Where.? Cite the court that convicted him. Don't use anything from the kangaroo court otherwise known as the Jan 6th committee. It is an unreliable joke. 

THIS is what is truly disqualifying. 

Why?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.47  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @1.3.46    2 years ago

Has Trump ever denied specific allegations made about him trying to steal the election? Absolutely not. 

The Eastman memo was approved by Trump as a plan. We know what the Eastman memo says. It proposed that Pence declare, in Congress, that seven swing states were "in dispute" and their electoral votes would not be counted. Up until the very last minute Trump was still trying to put pressure on GOP senators to force pence to execute this plan. It was ILLEGAL, and Trump knew it. 

Try to get up to speed on what the hell is going on. Its embarrassing for you. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.48  devangelical  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.3.45    2 years ago

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.49  devangelical  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.41    2 years ago

man, ...everybody wants to ruin all my fun.

but you're right, the brain has the ability to rewire itself in a lot of cases.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.3.50  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.42    2 years ago

Very True!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.3.51  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.47    2 years ago

I am not embarrassed in the least and you haven't proved anything. Until a court convicts him Trump is guilty of nothing whether you say so or not. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.52  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @1.3.51    2 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Occupy Democrats 
22m  
Dr. Oz will always be a carpetbagger con man from New Jersey, no matter how much he wants to pretend otherwise.

312541843_527713896126856_4050946725125798696_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s640x640&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=zPjnJ3-vHeAAX9kGhVd&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_05fr9-CJm2gOVsnYI99uqxuD4rTedBPdxEKIfdVnc3Q&oe=635EFD5E

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago
Now you know, boys & girls, why Fetterman only agreed to a debate scheduled weeks after all the damned early voting had begun.

I watched all of the Fetterman/Oz debate last night on News Nation. Both Chris Cuomo and Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE) stated that it was very painful to watch Fetterman's repeated stumbles, hesitations, and lies - and I agree with their analyses. 

From what I understand, over 1 million early ballots have been submitted. Perhaps that's why the Fetterman team pushed the debate date as close to Nov. 8 as they could so early voters wouldn't know how cognitively/aurally debilitated he is.

During the debate he refused to say he would release actual medical records rather than a clearly ginned-up letter from a doctor who is one of his donors.

I can't really blame him for not wanting his serious illnesses publicized while running for US Senate. The physician who wrote the letter is not only a hefty Fetterman donor, but he's only a Family Medicine doctor. Dr. Clifford Chen doesn't specialize in cardiology and neurology. In his letter, he said that he's spoken to Fetterman's cardiologist and neurologist, but without medical documentation from the physicians who've overseen Fetterman's serious cardiac and neurological problems, Chen's words mean nothing. What are they hiding?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.5.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.5    2 years ago

Very good points.

Thank you for putting it on the table.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.5.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.5.1    2 years ago
Thank you for putting it on the table.

I speak only from experience on this issue, not political malice toward Mr. Fetterman. I truly wish him a complete recovery. My dad had a carotid artery stroke and years later 5 arterial blockages, and my mom suffered from TIAs. 

Not being able to process what one hears or tries to say is very debilitating.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.5.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.5.2    2 years ago

It must have been really difficult for him last night.

I too wish him well....on his recovery only!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.5.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.5.3    2 years ago
It must have been really difficult for him last night.

I'm sure it was. He's only 53 and already has severe cardiac (implanted pacemaker, defibrillator) and neurological illnesses. He repeatedly tried to behave as if he was completely healthy, but sadly, he couldn't.

Soon after the debate, his team attacked the moderators re: the 70" screens not being "accurate" was very pathetic. News Nation often showed what Fetterman was seeing. It wasn't the network's fault that he was unable to read and process the words.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    2 years ago

What a fiasco like this demonstrates is how shallow American politics is. 

The only real issue with Fetterman is whether or not he can serve as a US senator.  This debate doesnt verify that one way or the other. 

Republican Strom Thurmond was almost 94 years old when he was re-elected to a new senate term in 1996 , and was 100 when his term ended. For much of his final term in the senate he was wheelchair bound, mentally confused, slow to answer, and frankly, "unfit" to serve. The people of South Carolina re-elected him anyway.  How was Thurmond, who likely couldnt go to the bathroom without help, able to function in the Senate? The obvious reason is he had a lot of help. Of course the trajectory for Thurmond, due to the dissolution caused by time , was only downward, whereas the trajectory for Fetterman's functional capabilities , according to his doctor, is upward. 

Can Fetterman be an effective senator while regaining his strength and full faculties?  Of course he can. He can think, reason, assess, and discern. He just cant do it smoothly right now, it is a little bumpy. He will have "help" in the form of staff and advisers to help get him through the day to day running of a senate office while the time period goes by where he is "struggling'. But then, frankly, there are senators with nothing physical wrong with them who need "help" doing their job. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.1  squiggy  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

Thurmond had a legislative record. Fetterman should have a criminal record - if just for the shotgun incident.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago
 a fiasco like this demonstrates is how shallow American politics is. 

I agree with this. If you watched that and think "I'll vote for the guy who can't communicate as well as a 5th grader" than all the voter cares about is the D after the name. That's it.

Doesn't get any more shallow than that.  People who would vote for that are the actual threats to democracy. 

ator.  This debate doesnt verify that one way or the other. 

If you watched that and think he can serve as a Senator, then any adult can.  You'd make the same claim if the Waukesha terrorist was on the ballot with a D after his name.  

"He can stand in place and was found  sane for trial, so of course he should be Senator"

rman be an effective senator while regaining his strength and full faculties?

Most improvement occurs within 6 months, where is he now.  You have zero basis to believe he'll recover his full facilities other than your need to pretend he will for political reasons. 

Shameful. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

It's the issues John, not his fitness.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.4  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago
Can Fetterman be an effective senator while regaining his strength and full faculties?  Of course he can. He can think, reason, assess, and discern.

Hogwash. No one can predict full recovery from a stroke ... not even neurologists.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.5  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    2 years ago

What's painful and shameful is articles like this.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @3    2 years ago

Yet you are still here commenting.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.1    2 years ago

For the very last time.

Please stop insulting my mother. You are not her and never will be. My mother ran a day care out of my house for over 40 years- taking on school teachers' children; and also some special needs children. She fought off cancer twice; and may have to for a third time. She isn't computer literate in the slightest. Powering one down is beyond her.

I will never be your son; so please stop already. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.2    2 years ago
You know that's no way to go through life son.

That is a line from a movie, Animal House.  Should she have left the "son" off the end of the quote just to not hurt your feelings?  I bet your mother doesnt care. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.2    2 years ago

Don't care about your history.  Keep it to yourself.  

squiggy
Junior Silent
3.2  squiggy  replied to  Tessylo @3    2 years ago

"What's painful and shameful is articles like this. "

Yes, and it's sad how the unqualified are thrust into the limelight by desperate cheerleaders. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  squiggy @3.2    2 years ago

and comments like yours

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @3    2 years ago

Well, Tess, perhaps conservatives just feel that disabled people are easy to victimize.

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.3    2 years ago

They're desperate and deplorable and I would say shameful, but they have none of that.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.3.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.3    2 years ago

, perhaps conservatives just feel that disabled people are easy to victimize

Lol. Pointing out Fetterman turned in the worst debate performance in history is "victimizing" him? 

I guess that's the democrats new strategy, nominate brain damaged people so they can't be criticized.  

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.3.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.3.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.3.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.4    2 years ago

orst debate performance in history was Donald Trump in his first debate with Joe Biden. 

And Fetterman blew that out of the water.  Combining the lies with painful to see inarticulateness.  

Does it make you proud to shill for a guy who STILL won't apologize for chasing and pulling a shotgun on an unarmed black  teenager?  While his lying and inability to talk (captured so perfectly in his response to the fracking question) have justifiably made the headlines, did his refusal to apologize bother you at all? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.3    2 years ago

Off topic, Buzz

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.3.5    2 years ago
And Fetterman blew that out of the water.

Ridiculous. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.3.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.6    2 years ago

Sort of, but it does refer to a conservative making a comment about someone with a disability, so it does fit in with the comments here. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.3.8    2 years ago

I'm afraid not.

I'm willing to wait for a ruling

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.10  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.9    2 years ago

I'm afraid so

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.11  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.4    2 years ago

[deleted]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.3.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.9    2 years ago

You got it.  I got the ticket but it was worth it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 years ago

[Deleted]

squiggy
Junior Silent
4.1  squiggy  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago

Removed for context - sandy

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  squiggy @4.1    2 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  squiggy @4.1    2 years ago

[Deleted]

squiggy
Junior Silent
4.1.3  squiggy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    2 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  squiggy @4.1.3    2 years ago

Well, you've hurdled some sort of low bar, I guess. Now, can you answer the question? 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago

What people should be asking is exactly how demented and deranged Democrats are to think anyone outside of the rampantly TDS driven that midterms are about Trump; and not a referendum on all of the damage Democrats have cause this country since they gained absolute power?

People need to ask themselves if giving Democrats more power is worth taking away states' rights to run their own elections; do away with the electoral college; packing the Supreme Court with leftist judges; making DC and Puerto Rico states just to give Democrats 4 more seats in the Senate; and allowing Democrats to continue to weaponize more branches of the government against their political opponents like they have done with the IRS, FBI, and DOJ?

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago

Off Topic John. We are only discussing issues here

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3    2 years ago
We are only discussing issues here

Huh?  If Fetterman's health is an issue than Oz's plain support for a traitor is an issue.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.1    2 years ago

Trump wasn't mentioned until 1.3.2 when YOU mentioned him.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.1    2 years ago

The issue is Fetterman's policies.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.3.2    2 years ago
Trump wasn't mentioned until 1.3.2 when YOU mentioned him.  

Trump was mentioned in the debate. Oz was specifically asked if he supported Trump for 2024 and he said yes.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.4    2 years ago

Let management come in and defend that.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.3.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.4    2 years ago
Trump was mentioned in the debate

This isn't about the debate.  It's about the horrid policies of the Democrat nominee.  Yet you STILL feel the need to deflect in 1.3.2.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.3.6    2 years ago
It's about the horrid policies of the Democrat nominee. 

The policies of the Democratic nominee are not mentioned in the seeded article.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.1    2 years ago
If Fetterman's health is an issue

It is a health issue, not a political one

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.9  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.8    2 years ago

Nah, to you it's a political one.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.11  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

"and come up with at least "One" Cognitive Thought"

Can you?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.13  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

Can you?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.4  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago

"Trump WILL get the nomination because he will smear and "destroy" any and all of his GOP opponents. There is no way DeSantis or Nikki Haley or Josh Hawley will hold up under the barrage of personal attacks Trump will make against them."

Not gonna happen John.....no way in hell. Growing numbers of rational  Americans are Trump weary..

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @4.4    2 years ago
Growing numbers of rational  Americans are Trump weary..

Please. There was a Trump voter (voted for him in 2020) focus group on tv a couple days ago. Of the ten people interviewed, all 10 of them said they would vote for Trump again, even after what happened on Jan 6th. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.5  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago
"do you want Donald Trump on your tv and internet screens every day for at least the next two years?

Regardless of the outcome of the upcoming election, Trump will be front and center for the next two years anyway.  The only difference will be what his messaging will be, if he were responsible for helping all those fine folk win their elections or if the midterms were stolen from the fine folk.  But he's gonna be there and you know it.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.5.1  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @4.5    2 years ago

We know.  We can't get rid of the ugly fat fuck.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @5    2 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5    2 years ago

Off topic

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    2 years ago

I don't 'follow' traitorous scum

George
Sophomore Expert
7  George    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @7    2 years ago

Sorry, my friend, he's off topic

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago

I understand the interest nationally in any Senate race that could tip the balance, but I'm amused by those outside of PA that want to debate which candidate is most qualified, fit or should win.  Molst comment here are really about which Party you favor and knowing that, you fit descriptions of the candidate to match .  It's not about the candidate, as always, it's about the Party.  I wonder how many PA voters are reading your comments and of those, are any of them being influenced by your comments.    

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8    2 years ago
I wonder how many PA voters are reading your comments and of those, are any of them being influenced by your comments. 

Answer: None.

Aside from everything mentioned here, just take a look at Fetterman. Would you want that representing your state?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    2 years ago

My father lives in PA and I taught ROTC for four years in PA so I've paid a little attention to this race.  If I was a resident, I might not vote for either although they both interest me in two very different ways.

Oz is maybe the only individual that both Trump and Oprah believes in.  Trumps support might trace back to when many were questioning Trump's health and Oz said that he was healthy.  Maybe Oprah likes him because he made a lot of money for her.  It is a mystery to me why Oz wanted the aggravation of running, perhaps ego and something to do very different from his past accomplishments.

Fetterman's look and demaener isn't for me, but it probably is a positive for those that want the anti-politician much like those that favor Trump's behavior as the anti politician.  I've been to Braddock PA, it is, like all the former steel mill rust belt towns, In Braddock, he created and controlled a non-profit as a way to work around the town council and to have resources to spend above the town budget.  He was re-elected twice as mayor but I'm not sure that Braddock has any lasting improvements.  I do applaud his efforts t trying outside the box solutions to that little desperate and corrupt community.   

I doubt that either have the temperate to be an effective Senator.  Oz will be bored with legislative details and policy and Fetterman doesn't really play well with others.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.1.1    2 years ago

As you already indicated, this race may only be a matter of which party controls the US Senate.

On the issue of crime, I'd have to be voting against Fetterman, if I lived there.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.1.1    2 years ago

I doubt Oprah still believes in someone who is now a snake oil salesman and a fraud.  

How many little towns do you look down on as desperate and corrupt?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.3    2 years ago
I doubt Oprah still believes in someone who is now a snake oil salesman and a fraud.  

She had him on her show over 60 times and gave him his own show on her network.  Columbia allowed this fraud to do heart surgery.

How many little towns do you look down on as desperate and corrupt?

I don't look down on Braddock and you obviously know nothing about the town or what Fetterman walked into.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.1.4    2 years ago

This former cardiac surgeon is now a fraud and a cheat.

Doesn't matter how many times she had him on his show.  He's still a fraud and a cheat NOW.

You know nothing about much I'm sure but you act like an expert on everything.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.5    2 years ago
This former cardiac surgeon is now a fraud and a cheat.

Here is another thing he is:

He is not John Fetterman!

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
8.1.7  Transyferous Rex  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    2 years ago
Would you want that representing your state?

That's the rub, isn't it? So long as there is a pulse, and the ability to make it to chambers to vote...nobody cares. The more mindless votes, the better.

Someone suggested this article is badgering Fetterman. Do we hear the same claims when a pro QB is in his twilight, and needs to hang it up? Nope, because when it comes to sports, people want an able and capable person. Representation in the federal legislature? Apparently the bar is low. Will you vote in line with party politics? That's the only question people appear to be asking. Not me. I don't give a damn what party you are affiliated with. I want to know if you will actually back bills that promote the common good, and kick those that don't to the curb...with my, and your, state in mind. 

As an aside, the ability to receive and evaluate information effectively, or to communicate decisions, is a prong in most questions of incapacity. You can tell me he needs to read it all day. I understand, some people need to see it on paper. This guy apparently can't carry on a conversation though, which is the question, and why his handlers have been hiding him. His ability to receive information is impaired, and his ability to communicate a decision, based on the information, is impaired. I find it hard to believe that it being written or verbal makes a difference. It's not as if they were asking him to prove different theorems. These are softball debate questions he should have rehearsed answers for. In other words, it's a conversation, only scripted. The struggle to carry on a conversation is an issue in of itself. The struggle to carry on a scripted conversation shows that he not only can't carry on a conversation, but it doesn't matter if it is written down...he can't process the information and communicate effectively about it when asked. He is impaired. Question is, to what extent? At a hearing to determine incapacity, the question would be whether or not such impairment renders him unable to meet the essential requirements for health and safety, or to manage his resources. If so, he needs a guardian. This isn't a guardianship proceeding though, this is a senate race. We shouldn't even be getting to the question of "what is the extent of the impairment?" So, going all of the way back to the top of my comment. This is clearly an example of "nobody gives a shit." 

To anyone suggesting I don't have an interest, because I'm not from PA...bullshit! This guy will be potentially be voting on bills that impact me. I damn sure have an interest. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.2    2 years ago

How are Republicans generically going to stop crime? Or even lower it? Local politicians could slightly effect crime rates. Presidents can't. U.S. Senators cant.

Crime is a social issue not a political one. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Transyferous Rex @8.1.7    2 years ago

I'm glad to hear that people do care.

Do you know what really bothers me about that highly revealing debate?

It is the fact that so many have already voted and never saw it:

"PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- The Pennsylvania Department of State announced Friday that 50% of requested mail-in ballots have been cast, that is 1.5 million Pennsylvanians that have already voted by mail-in or absentee ballots 11 days prior to the election.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.6    2 years ago

Ya!  Mr. Fetterman is not a fraud and a cheat!  You're correct!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.6    2 years ago

So you admit Oz is a fraud and a cheat.

Cool.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.12  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.10    2 years ago
Ya!

Ya!  He's pro-criminal and anti-fracking.....oh ya..he also has cognitive problems

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Transyferous Rex @8.1.7    2 years ago

Can Fetterman understand the issues he may be voting on? Can he reason them out and reach a conclusion? That is all that matters, not whether or not he can carry out a conversation to your satisfaction. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.1.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.8    2 years ago

Exactly, people are demanding to know what are social workers are doing about it.  

Some are suggesting that we DEFUND Social Workers.

George
Sophomore Expert
8.1.15  George  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.10    2 years ago

He is just brain damaged, the low functioning who still support him think his hoodies are a schtick, they are actually there to cover the fact that he no longer has the mental capacity to button a shirt.  he is one step from drooling in a field yelling at the birds.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.1.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.11    2 years ago

Cool.

Still part of your vocabulary, cool.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  George @8.1.15    2 years ago

No, Mr. Fetterman is not the brain damaged one.

It is his detractors.  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.1.18  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.13    2 years ago

That is all that matters, not whether or not he can carry out a conversation to your satisfaction. 

You have a very narrow view of what a US Senator does day to day.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.12    2 years ago

He's not pro criminal but how horrible of him to be anti-fracking!!!!!!!!

Mr. Fetterman is not the one with cognitive problems 'here'.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.1.20  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.5    2 years ago
This former cardiac surgeon is now a fraud and a cheat

Has Columbia University removed the Medical  Professor Emeritus from it's faculty?  It's such a right wing university.  Isn't that where Obama got his undergrad degree?

George
Sophomore Expert
8.1.21  George  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.8    2 years ago
Local politicians could slightly effect crime rates. Presidents can't. U.S. Senators cant.

I guess you will call Biden out for being a lying POS? 

The 1994 crime law "worked in some areas. But it failed in others. ... The violent crime rate was cut in half in America.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  George @8.1.15    2 years ago

"He is just brain damaged, the low functioning who still support him think his hoodies are a schtick, they are actually there to cover the fact that he no longer has the mental capacity to button a shirt.  he is one step from drooling in a field yelling at the birds."

Speaking of brain damaged and low functioning . . . 

Your empathy is underwhelming

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.1.20    2 years ago

What difference does it make when Oz is a fraud and a cheat now?

Why do you deflect to President Obama who is scandal free and not a cheat nor a fraud nor a liar nor a republican scumbag?

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
8.1.24  Transyferous Rex  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.13    2 years ago
Can Fetterman understand the issues he may be voting on?

Good question. The fact that it is in the realm of discussion should eliminate him as a candidate. From what I've seen, his lack of ability to receive and process information or communicate effectively indicates he cannot. How can you believe he has capacity to understand the issues he is voting on, if he cannot even regurgitate a rehearsed answer to a softball question? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.25  JohnRussell  replied to  Transyferous Rex @8.1.24    2 years ago

I'll ask you what these other guys wont answer. Dr Oz, when specifically asked if he would support Donald Trump for president in 2024, said yes. 

Does that disqualify him in your mind? If not why not? Trump is a known traitor. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.1.26  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.23    2 years ago
What difference does it make when Oz is a fraud and a cheat now?

Apparently Columbia University disagrees.  

Why do you deflect to President Obama 

Deflect: Cause (someone) to deviate from an intended purpose.

Asking an aside question, "Isn't that where Obama got his undergrad degree", when mention were Oz is on the faculty isn't a deflection.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.27  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.1.26    2 years ago

That's all you have is deflections and derision for Democrats.  

I don't give a fuck about what Columbia University disagreeing with someone who has gone on to become a fraud and a cheat and a liar who backs trumpturd the traitor.  My new initials for him TTT 

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
8.1.28  Transyferous Rex  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.25    2 years ago
Dr Oz, when specifically asked if he would support Donald Trump for president in 2024, said yes. 

You're certainly comparing apples to oranges with this one, but I'll bite. On the basis of the topic of this article, Oz has the ability, whether or not you agree or disagree with it, to articulate an answer to the question, as well as the apparent ability to articulate a reason therefore. Fetterman, on the other hand, demonstrates his inability to comprehend the most basic of questions as well as his inability to effectively communicate a response thereto. Given the foregoing, as well as the knowledge that everyone running for office panders, I'd say Oz's response doesn't disqualify him. He is able to receive and process the question, and communicate an answer thereto, albeit one he thinks is the most expedient. But, at least he is demonstrating an ability to process information, which means he has the ability to change course or deviate from that position. My bet is, however, that Oz appreciates the fact that Trump 2024 isn't going to happen, as well as the fact that liberals will continue to lose their minds over one guy, instead of focusing on meat and potatoes. In that sense, Oz is like the guy, sitting with his friends at a bountiful picnic. Trump is like the fly trap, hung in a tree, several yards away. Liberals are the flies, who can't refuse the tempting smell of the trap, while continuing to ignore the meat and potatoes sitting on the picnic table.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.29  JohnRussell  replied to  Transyferous Rex @8.1.28    2 years ago

Uh, Oz has conclusively demonstrated that a so-called washed up irrelevant has been politician can make him jump like a trained frog. 

I'm sorry. It is known that Trump is a traitor. This is not speculation, it is proven fact. Dr. Oz knows this, but he is beholden to Trump and Trumpism. So he swallows his dignity and manhood and acts like a puppy. 

That is not US Senate material as far as I am concerned. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.30  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.1.26    2 years ago

312541843_527713896126856_4050946725125798696_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s640x640&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=zPjnJ3-vHeAAX9kGhVd&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_05fr9-CJm2gOVsnYI99uqxuD4rTedBPdxEKIfdVnc3Q&oe=635EFD5E

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
8.1.31  Transyferous Rex  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.29    2 years ago
That is not US Senate material as far as I am concerned. 

But a guy suffering cognitive issues, and unable to receive, process and communicate information efficiently is? Sure...top tier.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
8.1.32  Transyferous Rex  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.9    2 years ago
It is the fact that so many have already voted and never saw it:

Is that it, Vic? Or, is it the fact that so many have already voted, because it didn't matter how either candidate presented at the debate?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.33  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.8    2 years ago
How are Republicans generically going to stop crime?

Think about that John.

You had one political party defund the police and run a bunch of woke DA's. Crime then ran wild

And you think the voter is going to forget that and ask what the other political party is going to do about it?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.34  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Transyferous Rex @8.1.32    2 years ago

It is a little of both. It is after all an election that is crucial to which party controls the US Senate.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8    2 years ago

The United States senate is a national legislature. All senators are national politicians in that sense. With a few exceptions related to getting federal money for their states , they vote on national issues. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2    2 years ago

Fracking can be a national issue.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.2.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2    2 years ago
The United States senate is a national legislature

No shit, I kinda thought so when I have briefed several in their office and when I annually meet with staff members of the Senate Appropriations Committee - Defence and the Senate Armed Services Committee.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.2.2    2 years ago

Then no one should have needed to remind you. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.3    2 years ago

"Then no one should have needed to remind you."

Maybe he had a stroke? 

That would be unfortunate.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.2.2    2 years ago

"No shit, I kinda thought so when I have briefed several in their office and when I annually meet with staff members of the Senate Appropriations Committee - Defence and the Senate Armed Services Committee."

Ooh, I'm so impressed!

George
Sophomore Expert
8.2.6  George  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.3    2 years ago

No one needed to remind him, Thanks for nothing!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.2.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.3    2 years ago

Why did you feel the need to remind me?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.2.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.2.7    2 years ago
 I'm amused by those outside of PA that want to debate which candidate is most qualified, fit or should win. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.2.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @8.2.4    2 years ago

No, I had Stage 4 cancer but am recovered, thanks.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.2.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @8.2.5    2 years ago

No reason to be impressed, it's just an enjoyable job.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.2.10    2 years ago
I'm not.

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.2.12  devangelical  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.2.9    2 years ago

good luck with that.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.2.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @8.2.11    2 years ago

Oh, are you just confused then? 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.2.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @8.2.12    2 years ago

Thanks, I'm doing much better now.  It was a 2 1/2 year journey.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.2.15  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.8    2 years ago

I know that it doesn't amuse you, rather it seems to infuriate you.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.16  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.2.13    2 years ago

No, I'm not confused.  I'm actually not impressed.

Do try to keep up

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.2.17  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @8.2.11    2 years ago

We all can't measure up to you.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.2.18  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @8.2.16    2 years ago
Do try to keep up

I can't, you're too much of a fast mover, Tessylo - Woosh.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.19  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.2.17    2 years ago

I'm glad you realize that.  You and your thumbs up buddy.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.2.20  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @8.2.19    2 years ago

... you don't want to smell those thumbs if ever offered.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.2.21  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @8.2.19    2 years ago

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Tessylo! 

The daily adventures of a superwoman.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Good article on the media coverup of Fetterman's condition:

It should now be crystal clear why Democrat John Fetterman refused to take part in more than a single debate with his Republican Senate rival, Mehmet Oz, and why Fetterman insisted on pushing that debate to just two weeks before Election Day—after at least  500,000  Pennsylvania voters had already voted.

Last night’s debate was an unmitigated disaster. 

A disaster for Fetterman, Pennsylvania’s lieutenant governor—who appeared confused and could barely manage a coherent sentence, let alone a complete paragraph.

And a disaster for Pennsylvania voters, who didn’t get the tough, substantive debate they deserved, one that would have pushed Oz to explain, among other things, why he was distancing himself from Donald Trump (without whom he wouldn’t be the nominee); his position on abortion; China; and how he plans to bring down gas prices.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @9    2 years ago

What cover up?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @9.1    2 years ago

You need to read it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.1    2 years ago

No, I don't.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.2    2 years ago

You won't read?

Ok

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.3    2 years ago

No, I don't need to.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.3    2 years ago
I read all the time.
Don't make up stuff.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10  TᵢG    2 years ago

Fetterman came off very badly in this debate.   I presume this is because he is still not 100% from his stroke, but that will likely not matter.   Oz looked competent and Fetterman did not.

Quite a shame since IMO Oz lacks sufficient integrity to be a Senator given he supports Trump's Big Lie.