╌>

In Memory of Neale Osborn, 1964-2015

Category:  Other

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  9 years ago  •  35 comments

In Memory of Neale Osborn, 1964-2015

It is with great sadness, that I must share the news that Neale Osborn passed away from a heart attack on Friday, May 22, 2015. He was only 51. He was a b eloved husband, father, brother, son and uncle; He is survived by his loving wife: Annette M. Osborn of Campbell, NY; children: Mathew (20), Jacob (18), Lucas (15) and Linda Marie (10) Parents: Forrest and Linda Osborn of NJ; nephew: Dominick Vacchiano of NJ, sisters: Lisa Diane Osborn of NJ, and Lindy-Sue Osborn of NJ.

For those of us who knew Neale on a personal level, knew that he was a stand up guy. He was warm and funny and always willing to lend a hand with anything asked of him. He was never afraid to say he was sorry and truly mean it. He was honest andstraightforwardand funny as heck.He cherished his friendships. He was a passionate man; passionate about his family, hisprofession, and the people in his life. I know that some here will think of him, and think of his passion for guns and while that is true, there was much more to him than that, like his love for Sci-fi. We often disagreed, but it never got in the way of enjoying each other as friends. He never called me Perrie, only "Red". I will miss that.

Neale and Annette moved to the Finger Lakes Region nearly 20 years ago to start and raise their family. Neale worked for Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 267. He was a Cubmaster for Pack 42 in Campbell for many years and continued to be an active adult volunteer in Boy Scout Troop 2042. He proudly supported his 2 oldest sons, Matthew and Jacob in their journey to Eagle Scouts. He was known by many children in his community as the "Mr. Osborn, the leader in the cowboy hat". Neale was a devoted husband and father, a trusted friend, and a well loved man.

Rest in peace my friend. You will be missed.

For those of you who want to know how to help his family:

Donations inmemoriamof Neale, to contribute to the continued welfare of his wife, Annette, and theirchildren may go to the following site: Donate to Mr. Osborn's family

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this. Neale was truly a stand up guy.

RIP my friend.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62    9 years ago

Thank you Perrie. May he rest in Eternal Peace, and may his family and friends find comfort in this sad time.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    9 years ago

Well it's obvious now why he stopped posting.

I will miss you my friend.

May the great architect of the universe watch you and keep you in eternal comfort.

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick    9 years ago

Rest in peace, Neale...gone far too soon.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
link   FLYNAVY1    9 years ago

Too soon to be leaving, and too much left to do. May his family and friends find peace and comfort in their memories of Neal.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    9 years ago

Oh no! I am so very sorry to hear this!

Neale was a great friend, and a wonderful man! He loved his family with all of his heart, and was such a loving and kind, bear of a man. I will miss him greatly, and will keep his family in my prayers.

Rest in Peace, dear friend. Til we meet again, someday...

Perrie, thanks for letting us know.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    9 years ago

My condolences to his family. It is tragic when we lose a good person who has not had the opportunity to live out their days to four score and ten, and Neale got only a little more than half way there. Many of us here on NT have become a kind of family, and the loss of one of us is a loss to all of us.

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
link   Uncle Bruce    9 years ago

Fair winds, and following seas my Friend.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Can't bear to watch this, Mike, but thanks for posting it.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    9 years ago

Gone to soon

Condolences to Neale's family and eternal rest and peace to him

Wheel
Freshman Quiet
link   Wheel    9 years ago

Newsvine memorial column . Cause sometimes everybody needs to be on the same page.

bitemore Gfotwo
Professor Silent
link   bitemore Gfotwo    9 years ago

Thank you, Perrie. Neale was one of a kind, special in every sense of the word, and I only hope he knew that. He was wayyy too young to be snatched away from us like this... and he is going to be missed, always. This is just too sad to comprehend. R.I.P., Neale. You were - ARE - a wonderful friend.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    9 years ago

So sorry to hear this. Way too young.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    9 years ago

Neale was a good friend to me. He always cared about the people who befriended him even if they disagreed with him. His trust was widespread, given freely to everyone. He will be missed and I grieve for his wife and children: Mathew (20), Jacob (18), Lucas (15) and Linda Marie (10). These kids are way to young to lose a father no matter how cantankerous and ornery he was. He was cantankerous and ornery and loveable at the same time and I thank him for that. He was a fine storyteller, too.

Rest in peace, Neale. We will miss you. We will meet again.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P    9 years ago

Rest in peace, Neale.

May his memory be a blessing.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    9 years ago

Very true Wheel. We should also remember that despite differences reflected in our comments, we share this commonality and in that way, are friends.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Thank you Jonathan for notifying me of this. I would feel terrible if I never knew what happened.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    9 years ago

Neale and I disagreed often and with mutual respect

It's sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew.

Consider donating to his family.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    9 years ago

Rarely agreed with him, but he was always a gentleman about it. He is still on my friends list and I still consider him to be one. RIP Neale. I'll miss our arguments.118.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I've been sad all day over this... His poor children! And dear Annette, who loved him...

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott    9 years ago

So sorry to hear about Neal. His family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    9 years ago

My first thoughts went out to Neale's family, butmy very next thought went out to you, still dearest of grumps. The two of you have been good friends for a long time.

I'm saddened for Neale's young family, and I'm saddened for his good friends both here, and at Newsvine. Sincere condolences to all who knew and loved him know and love him.

CM
Freshman Silent
link   CM    9 years ago

So Sorry to hear of this Perrie, I am not sure if I've had any conversations with Neale, its hard to see a young family going through these trials, peace to All his Friends and Family...

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    9 years ago
I was shocked to see this article. I was wondering where his article was I've come to look forward to reading and commenting on. We've lost someone who we'll really miss. Rest in peace Neale. Always remember what Enoch said, "No one is truly gone until the last person he or she has touched is gone. God bless Neale's family.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Consider donating to his family.

Agreed Mac!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    9 years ago

You are already missed Neale. Rest in peace buddy.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    9 years ago

I did last night. Not much, but...

Heads-up: If you want to remain anonymous, be sure to mark that section and double-check it before hitting continue. Once your name is in, you can not change it to anonymous after the fact.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62    9 years ago

Thanks!!

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger    9 years ago

I just saw this and I'm shocked!

A couple of months ago Neale and I had been exchanging emails debatingthe gun rights issue.We had decided to collaborate on, and publish a joint article presenting our respective positions regarding guns in America. However, our plans were interrupted when his dad became ill and he had to go to his fathers home to help him. The idea became cold and we never picked up on the project.

Neale lived about 4 1/2 hours from me and we discussed the possibility of meeting half way sometime. Now I really wish we had done that, or least published our joint article.

During our exchanges I got to know and respect the guy. He was a true gentleman, very bright and truly passionate about what he believed in. His passing is loss to all of us, my condolences to his his family and friends.

May he rest peacefully.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6    9 years ago

So sad. He was quite young. I'll miss the old gun rants.

screminmimi
Freshman Silent
link   screminmimi    9 years ago

I don't know how I missed this when it was first posted; Neale's articles were ones I enjoyed reading and I will certainly miss him.

My condolences and sympathies to his family and friends, and to those of us here who feel his loss. Way too young to walk beyond the veil.

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee    9 years ago
Rest in peace, so sad. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.