╌>

In Trumpialand , Endless Flock Of Chickens Endlessly Comes Home To Roost

Category:  News & Politics

By:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  67 comments

In Trumpialand , Endless Flock Of Chickens Endlessly Comes Home To Roost

by John Russell

"Give him a chance" the Trumpsters bleat about their hero.

Give America a chance, is what I say to them. The country and it's great people are being smothered, suffocated, and sat on by the 500 pound baboon named Donald J. Trump. ( and no, "baboon" is not a racial reference when applied to a blond haired blue eyed guy of German descent.) Trump's endless parade of fabrications, exaggerations, bamboozlings, innuendos, mistakes, b.s. , nonsense, trivialities, self-reverential booshwa, con games, dopery, etc etc etc are wearing out the hearts and minds of otherwise normal Americans. 

People say things will settle down and the president will find a groove and a rhythm of co-operation with Congress and adherence to facts and normality, and everything will be fine again. 

Uh no. Besides his mountainous personal flaws of character, Trump is a conspiracy nut who has or does still believe in over 50 different conspiracies and factual fabrications. This indicates a permanent lack in judgment that will never disappear. 

The "chickens are coming home to roost", the pace of craziness is picking up steam. The polls are becoming scarier (75% of Americans fear a "major war" will occur in the next 4 years), the pointed criticism of the president* is picking up steam ( the previous Republican president, George W. Bush made a speech condemning "bigotry and white supremacy" that is seen as directly referring to Trump) , the Mueller investigation is closing in on him, and the media is more interested than ever in his "psychological" state. 

And the thing is, all this will NEVER stop. It will never stop because it is Trump's way of life. 

What we have to ask is why we allow someone of such profound personal defects , abnormalities and psychological issues to inflict himself on our national way of life. 

One can surmise that is where the "deplorables" come in, the 30-35% of Americans who would cheer Trump shooting someone in Times Square. 

They are the ones who have to look in the mirror, not the rest of us. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Unless he is forced from office, we have 39 more months of this insanity to endure. Whether the country as we know it can survive that span is an open issue. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @1    7 years ago

And your life has been messed up.......HOW again ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @1.1    7 years ago

Why should we change America for this asshole and 35 % of the population? 

When I say change America, I am talking about his destroying the norms and traditions of public discourse that have survived this country for tens of generations. 

If you are happy to have a constantly lying and mistaken ASSHOLE in office, who instigates extreme controversy most days of EVERY week, I feel sorry for you. 

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.1.2  tomwcraig  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    7 years ago

I guess you never heard of Theodore Roosevelt?  Trump is as brash as Roosevelt was.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  tomwcraig @1.1.2    7 years ago

Was Teddy Roosevelt a serial liar?   I don't remember that in the history books. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    7 years ago

So serial lying is a bad thing in a President now? Odd that a Clinton supporter would be upset with serial lying, since that's about all she did well. 

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.1.5  tomwcraig  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    7 years ago

He was a politician, and actually lied to corporations.  He took their campaign donations and then busted them as Monopolies.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.4    7 years ago
So serial lying is a bad thing in a President now? Odd that a Clinton supporter would be upset with serial lying, since that's about all she did well.

Trump lies 4x as much as Clinton does. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.9  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.4    7 years ago

A new book came out recently concerning Trump's mental health. 25 leading psychologists and psychiatrists from top universities joined forces to say that he is a danger to the nation.

Then we had Infowars and the Fox News shrink Keith Ablow saying that Clinton was unhinged.

I'll go with the experts.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.10  author  JohnRussell  replied to    7 years ago

I agree.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.1.12  Cerenkov  replied to    7 years ago

You're kidding right? You don't believe in the tyranny of the majority?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.1.13  Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.9    7 years ago

The "experts" who violated their own ethical standards? Those experts?

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.1.15  tomwcraig  replied to    7 years ago

The states gave up being a buffer in 1913, by ratifying the 17th Amendment causing all Senators to be elected by popular vote instead of being appointed by means approved of by each individual state, usually by being appointed by the legislatures.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.1.16  tomwcraig  replied to    7 years ago

Of course only 23% voted for Trump.  And, that is because 50% of eligible voters even vote and usually because they get fired up about ONE issue.  The hatred of Trump is foolishness in the extreme, because he had never held a public office before.  How can anyone know how he was going to act?  Hillary was a known CORRUPT quantity.  There were decades of evidence of her actions in public office from her secret health reform committee while she was First Lady to her actions as Senator and Secretary of State.  We know how she would act, because she held office and lorded over people.  Trump, on the other hand, was unknown and so, Trump campaigned on being an unknown quantity and people voted for him in individual states, as much because he WASN’T Hillary as much as for his positions on issues.  Get that thought into your minds and you might start thinking rationally again.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.21  sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.10    7 years ago

Why don't you explain to him why the Electoral College is necessary in our form of government, John.   I truly believe you know, even though you act as though you're against it.  Tell him what it would be like to have the mob rule.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.1.22  tomwcraig  replied to    7 years ago

He didn't get us into a war with Spain.  It occurred before he became President.  In fact, he resigned as the Secretary of the Navy to fight in the war.

user image
Freshman Silent
1.1.23    replied to  sixpick @1.1.21    7 years ago
Why don't you explain to him why the Electoral College is necessary in our form of government,

So YOU really want to know?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.24  sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    7 years ago

I guess you know how we felt for the last eight years having Obama changing this country as he was doing so I can understand how you feel, as I felt the same way, I guess. 

I can tell you from experience, even though I thought Obama was going to completely change this country, he was unsuccessful.  I believe that was his intentions and I feel he did great damage to this country and the citizens by dividing us to such a degree as we are today even before Trump was a candidate.  I now realize he wasn't completely successful with all the support from the media and half the country.

I realize Trump will not change this country even as much as Obama did, with half the country and all of the media against him.  As I said before the election he would be running into walls with every step and up to this point in time everything he has done has been done Constitutionally, unlike the things Obama did.

I really hate to see you go off the deep end.  I always figured you for a more stable person than you appear today.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.25  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.4    7 years ago
So serial lying is a bad thing in a President now? Odd that a Clinton supporter would be upset with serial lying, since that's about all she did well

Trump calls Ted Cruz a liar :

160212_trump_cruz_ap_1160.jpg

Donald Trump has tweeted five times in the last 24 hours that Ted Cruz is not truthful. | AP Photo

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.26  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    7 years ago
a serial liar?

Perhaps.....

palin-cereal-liar.jpg

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.29  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.9    7 years ago
A new book came out recently concerning Trump's mental health. 25 leading psychologists and psychiatrists from top universities joined forces to say that he is a danger to the nation.

Did each of them meet with Trump in order to make their "scientific evaluations"? I highly doubt it.  

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
1.1.30  nightwalker  replied to  Cerenkov @1.1.13    7 years ago

Over fux's lone shrink? You bet I'll take the experts. Does the fux shrink have any credentials, or is he a ex- Dentist moonlighting as a part-time shrink?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.31  XXJefferson51  replied to    7 years ago

You never hear me, a conservative from California doing that.  I like to use when companies, jobs, investment, middle class people, etc. move from California to Texas to rub in our liberals faces here and tell them it should be more until they change their policies.  California sucks as a state and is the worst one by far.  The time has come for Jefferson.  

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    7 years ago

Trumpism is already a failure. Trump is universally despised. Approval of the gop in Congress is abysmal...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @2    7 years ago

Tell that to the booming stock market and all of the jobs created since he was sworn in as our President.  

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.2  magnoliaave  replied to    7 years ago

Let's see....Boehner was the orange man and Pres. Trump is the orange mess.  What is it with orange that has liberals crazy?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.3  lennylynx  replied to  magnoliaave @2.1.2    7 years ago

Well, it's just that the highest ranking Republicans are orange, is all, it's somewhat unsettling.  If Mike Pence and Paul Ryan go orange we'll REALLY start to freak out!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Sparty On  replied to    7 years ago

Sad part is you really believe that nonsense.

The reality is beau-coup money sat on the sidelines for the previous eight years because of doubts over the Obama administrations future fiscal policy.   And now it is getting spent.   That is largely because of a Trump presidency.  

Obama presidency?   Not so much but take heart.  

He was one helleva gun salesman.   Best ever actually.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
2.1.5  Explorerdog  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.4    7 years ago

Look at graphs that show the economic health of the ,market, cover of the time line, then point to where tRump comes on board, bet you can't show a change.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Explorerdog @2.1.5    7 years ago

Time will tell but i don't need a graph right now.    My portfolio is up nearly 18% already since Trump was elected.

Best it did in the previous couple years was about 9%.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @2    7 years ago

Obama is/was a failure.  

Obama is/was universally despised  

Approval of the dems in Congress is/was abysmal...

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
4  Rex Block    7 years ago

Dumb liberals will be saying these same things seven years from now as Trump winds up his second successful term, and during all that time they could not do a thing about it except cry and whine. I love the daily display of their anger and unhappiness, especially when Hillary is encouraged to run again in 2020.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
4.1  Explorerdog  replied to  Rex Block @4    7 years ago

Consecutive sentences are not called terms.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

The result of the next presidential election will tell the tale.

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
7  Capt. Cave Man    7 years ago

( and no, "baboon" is not a racial reference when applied to a blond haired blue eyed guy of German descent.)

Of course you would think along those lines, nobody else in the world even went down that road until you brought it up...

Krishna
Professor Expert
8  Krishna    7 years ago

And here's the latest:

"JOIN US" - New Tom Steyer TV Ad To Impeach Trump

He's brought us to the brink of nuclear war . . .obstructed justice at the FBI . . .  and in direct violation of the Constitution he's threatened to shut down news organizations that report the truth . . .

(link)