╌>

Al Franken resigns, blasts Republican hypocrisy on sexual misconduct

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  colour-me-free  •  7 years ago  •  448 comments

Al Franken resigns, blasts Republican hypocrisy on sexual misconduct

Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., the former “Saturday Night Live” comic who made an improbable journey to become a leading liberal voice in the Senate, announced on Thursday that he will leave office in the coming weeks, after a string of allegations of sexual misconduct and mounting pressure from Democratic lawmakers to step down.

"Today I am announcing that in the coming weeks, I will be resigning as a member of the United States Senate," Franken said during an emotional speech from the Senate floor.

"I aware of the irony that I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who has preyed on underage girls is running for the Senate with the full support of his party,” Franken said, referring to President Donald Trump, who has also been accused of sexual misconduct, and Roy Moore, the Republican candidate for Senate in Alabama.

His announcement comes a day   after 35 Democratic senators called on   their embattled colleague to step down. On Monday, Rep. John Conyers, a Michigan Democrat, also accused of sexual misconduct, announced he was resigning following calls from leaders in his own party to quit.

"Enough is enough," Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand wrote of the allegations against Franken in a Facebook post Wednesday. "The women who have come forward are brave and I believe them."

In November, the two-term senator was swept up in the fast-moving avalanche of sexual misconduct and harassment allegations that have led to high-profile firings and resignations of a number of powerful men in Hollywood and the media. Minnesota's Democratic governor, Mark Dayton, has the power to appoint Franken's replacement, who would serve until the next statewide general election in November 2018.

Leeann Tweeden, a Los Angeles radio news anchor,   was the first woman to come forward   in mid-November. She claimed that during a 2006 USO tour Franken — who was not yet elected to the Senate — forcibly kissed her while they rehearsed a skit together and later groped her on a plane. An   alarming photograph   backed up her accusation.

read more:  https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/al-franken-satirist-turned-senator-resign-amid-sexual-misconduct-allegations-n825576

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1  seeder  Colour Me Free    7 years ago

"Enough is enough," Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand wrote of the allegations against Franken in a Facebook post Wednesday. "The women who have come forward are brave and I believe them."

Without proof .. allegations are just to be blindly believed?  I do not want to believe that any of women that have come forward are not telling the truth, but what are the odds that they are all telling the truth?

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1  magnoliaave  replied to  Colour Me Free @1    7 years ago

Hi....I am in total agreement with you,

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1.1  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1    7 years ago

Democrats turn on Franken to get to  Moore

The headlines are going wild ..... the theories are flowing freely : )

I will have to go and do some research, but I do not recall having read many (if any) stories about how [insert powerful mans name] groped me 2 weeks ago.  Perhaps I have, and just did not register when the alleged misconduct took place.

I see both sides of this issue .. cannot help but to defend men a wee bit .. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.1.2  Spikegary  replied to  Colour Me Free @1.1.1    7 years ago

Yes, we will lose a sitting senator so we can go after the guy that might get elected form Alabama.  What kind of friggin' logic is that?  It makes no sense whatsoever....I guess while busy losing legislators left and right (there are more coming), you have to be able to explain it all away, even with a bullshit excuse like that.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.2    7 years ago

Don't forget...martyrs are ALWAYS praised for some reason.  

Take Kaepernick (martyr of their year).....paleeeeaaaase ! tough guy

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  lady in black  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.2    7 years ago

Pretzel logic at its finest.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1.5  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.2    7 years ago
It makes no sense whatsoever.

Aww but it does make sense .. the party of (D) can now claim the high road....  the governor will appoint a interim Senator, that will not be up for election in 2018 (from a couple things I have read, the seat will remain (D)) ... and now the ball is in the court of the party of (R) - it is all a political means to an end (?) perhaps now 'we' will see just how powerful partisanship is?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Colour Me Free @1.1.1    7 years ago

Good afternoon Colour Me. This is proof positive that wild animals do in fact sometimes eat their own!

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1.7  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.6    7 years ago

Good afternoon to you Ed - hope all is well on the Southern border...

Now you have gone and done it :)  I wanted say something along the lines of 'eating their own' ..........but, I was afraid of sounding partisan! : )

Things are bound to only get uglier .. 

volfan
Freshman Silent
1.1.8  volfan  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.2    7 years ago
Yes, we will lose a sitting senator so we can go after the guy that might get elected form Alabama.  What kind of friggin' logic is that?  It makes no sense whatsoever

exactly...hey if Moore is guilty, he needs the same treatment, but in Franken's case, we have actual evidence AND he has admitted it.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
1.1.9  Rmando  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.2    7 years ago

The governor of MN will just replace one liberal clown with another. The Dems get a two for one deal: they can pretend to be better than the GOP and they get rid of the disgusting little troll Franken.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Colour Me Free @1    7 years ago

Slim and none.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.2.1  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2    7 years ago

Agreed.  I am a bit hazy on what exactly is sexual harassment - seems to vary from accusation to accusation, thus leaving the definition as subject to interpretation or is it based on the victim feeling uncomfortable? (which is prob subject to interpretation as well)

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.3  arkpdx  replied to  Colour Me Free @1    7 years ago

allegations are just to be blindly believed? 

Well that is what hillary claimed. Well she did make an exception for those that accuzed bill. They were, according to her, liars and bimbos. 

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
1.4  Rex Block  replied to  Colour Me Free @1    7 years ago

Trump never to any kind of sexual assault on women. He only pointed out what celebrities could do with willing women.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.4.1  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Rex Block @1.4    7 years ago

HA!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.4.2  lady in black  replied to  Rex Block @1.4    7 years ago

Lol, hope that's sarcasm, if not, you don't get out much laughing dude

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.5  Sunshine  replied to  Colour Me Free @1    7 years ago
but what are the odds that they are all telling the truth?

Hi Colour - it was the pic that did Franken in and Conyers paying off his accusers.  Perhaps some accusers are not telling the truth.  I believe each situation has to be looked at on its own merit.  When Matt Lauer was accused most where stunned.  I thought naw, but as more accuser came forward it seemed he was a sexual predator and maybe rapist.  but, the men don't act entirely alone, has to be someone covering for them.   

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.5.1  magnoliaave  replied to  Sunshine @1.5    7 years ago

I read four pages last night about Weinstein.  At least a hundred people knew about his escapades and it still went on.  They are just as guilty.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.5.2  lady in black  replied to  magnoliaave @1.5.1    7 years ago

I agree.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.5.3  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Sunshine @1.5    7 years ago

Afternoon Sunshine..

That pic was quite creepy, even if it was meant to be a joke(?)!

The one that about made my head spin all the way around was Charlie Rose .. Matt is a close second.  

Good point, and it was not just men covering for other men .. women were enabling, what are now being called sexual predators, by choice (?) or out of fear for their jobs?  The things the women of Hollywood allowed Weinstein to get away with .. makes zero sense to me.  How could so many powerful activist women be cowed by that man is beyond me..

Hushing up now...

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
1.5.4  FedupwithFed  replied to  Sunshine @1.5    7 years ago
When Matt Lauer was accused most where stunned.

I dont think the left realized they were opening pandora's box!!  Too late, you cant shut it now!!

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
1.5.5  FedupwithFed  replied to  magnoliaave @1.5.1    7 years ago
At least a hundred people knew about his escapades and it still went on.  They are just as guilty.

That would include NASTY woman, Ashley Judd!  Wonder if she feels like burning down his house???  Her own house???

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
1.5.6  FedupwithFed  replied to  Colour Me Free @1.5.3    7 years ago
The things the women of Hollywood allowed Weinstein to get away with .. makes zero sense to me.  How could so many powerful activist women be cowed by that man is beyond me..

Money, power and career are more important to people....just ask HilLIARy!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.5.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  FedupwithFed @1.5.6    7 years ago

Until they get it then it's "Okay, everybody under the bus" time. They, too, eat their own.....................

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
1.6  FedupwithFed  replied to  Colour Me Free @1    7 years ago

Hey Colour!!  Nice to see you!!

"I aware of the irony that I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who has preyed on underage girls is running for the Senate with the full support of his party,” Franken said, referring to President Donald Trump, who has also been accused of sexual misconduct, and Roy Moore, the Republican candidate for Senate in Alabama.

Hey Al......Trump may have SAID some nasty things about women, but so did Hillary Clinton!  HilLIARy called Monica  a "narcissistic loony toon," while standing by her husband in one of MANY narcissistic perverted affairs!  And now claiming to be fighting for women???   HilLIARy STARTED the war on women!  She attacked the victim of her husbands perversions for the sake of her own financial and political gains!  You on the other hand... DID them and so did Bill Clinton...In the Oval Office!

When is SHE going to apologize to the VICTIMS of her husbands perversions that SHE attempted to destroy???

So she gets a PASS???

Hillary Clinton’s days as the first lady of Arkansas and eventually the First Lady of the United States.  **Hillary led the charge on smear campaigns against dozens of women who accused her husband, Bill Clinton, of rape, molestation, sexual harassment and other forms of sexual misconduct**.

Connie Hamzy was one of the first women to come forward about Bill’s misconduct after he launched his run for president in 1991. At the time , **Hillary  told  then Clinton administration aide George Stephanopoulos “we have to destroy her story”.**

When Gennifer Flowers  went public  about her long affair with Bill, she said  **Hillary ran a “war room” against her during Bill’s 1992 presidential campaign to “smear, defame, and harm” her.**

**Hillary shamelessly trashed Flowers as a liar in a 1992 TV interview.**  Ironically, that same year, Bill wagged his finger during a nationally televised White House news conference and famously said: “I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.”

**Hillary  blamed  that sex scandal on a “vast right-wing conspiracy” **

**DNA evidence found on Monica’s dress proved that the Clintons were the true liars and Bill was impeached and disbarred as a result.**

**The most egregious rape allegations made against Bill were by Juanita Broaddrick. In an interview with “Dateline” in 1999, Juanita described how Bill bit her lip and raped her in a hotel room in 1979. As Bill left the room, she said Bill told her “you better get some ice on that” in reference to her swollen lip.**

**Juanita has described in interviews how “paramount” Hillary has been in the cover up of these sexual assaults committed by Bill.**

On November 22, 2015, in a twist of verbal irony that rivals stories straight out of Greek mythology,

**Hillary tweeted: “Every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and supported.”**

**If Hillary truly believes this, her rule of thumb clearly does not apply to sexual assault survivors who were victimized by her husband.**

Billy BJ Boy paid 850k to his VICTIM and plead guilty to perjury and got impeached and lost his law license!  Some of these happened IN the white house!!!

The minute the left decides Bill Clinton is a predator, and they say it out loud and they distance themselves from the Clintons, I’ll believe they’re serious.

These are the sexual assault allegations against Bill Clinton. This does not include his consensual affairs (e.g. Gennifer Flowers)

Juanita Broaddrick (AR)- rape
Eileen Wellstone (Oxford) - rape
Elizabeth Ward Gracen - rape - quid pro quo, post incident intimidation
Regina Hopper Blakely - "forced himself on her, biting, bruising her"
Kathleen Willey (WH) - sexual assault, intimidation, threats
Sandra Allen James (DC) - sexual assault
Kathy Bradshaw (AK) - sexual assault
Cristy Zercher - unwelcome sexual advance, intimidation
Paula Jones (AR) - unwelcome sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault (Bill paid Ms. Jones $850k settlement & plead guilty to perjury.)
Carolyn Moffet -unwelcome sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
1974 student at University of Arkansas - unwelcome physical contact
1978-1980 - seven complaints per Arkansas state troopers

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.6.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  FedupwithFed @1.6    7 years ago

GA Fed! Hope all is well with you. Yep, you are right on the money as usual Sir! Good to hear from you.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.6.2  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  FedupwithFed @1.6    7 years ago
So she gets a PASS???

Yep, that is pretty much how things work in politics ... all one has to say is they have 'evolved' ... and POOF!

I am quite certain that you read some of the conversations during the campaign on NV regarding what slime the women were that accused B. Clinton - they knew he was married after all and still 'threw'' themselves at him (that is how women on the vine were commenting)  ..

those nasty mattress'd back'd sperm burp'n gutter wenches, how dare they try to ruin the reputation of such an honorable man  .... HA!

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
1.6.3  FedupwithFed  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.6.1    7 years ago

Hey Ed!!  Hope all is well with you and may you have a blessed and Merry Christmas!

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
1.6.4  FedupwithFed  replied to  Colour Me Free @1.6.2    7 years ago
he was married after all and still 'threw'' themselves at him

Wait until those underage girls on the Lolita Express come forward!  Better tell Carlos Danger to move over, he has a new roomie!!  You dont ditch your SS detail unless you have something to hide!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.6.5  Jasper2529  replied to  FedupwithFed @1.6    7 years ago
Eileen Wellstone (Oxford) - rape

That's only one of the reasons why Oxford didn't allow Bill Clinton to complete his Rhodes Scholarship course of studies.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.6.6  Sunshine  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.6.5    7 years ago

I have several times listened to Juanita Broaddrick talk about the day Slick Willy raped her.  She still is terrified and shaken when she describes what she went through.  She is filled with tears and visibly shaken when she relives that day.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.6.8  Tessylo  replied to  Sunshine @1.6.6    7 years ago
"I have several times listened to Juanita Broaddrick talk about the day Slick Willy raped her. She still is terrified and shaken when she describes what she went through. She is filled with tears and visibly shaken when she relives that day." She's a phony lying bitch who had recanted. She was never raped by Clinton.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.6.9  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo @1.6.8    7 years ago
She's a phony lying bitch who had recanted. She was never raped by Clinton.

If you say so... she says different....

And I think she isn't the only victim, is she?

DOOwZZnWAAAMfAx.jpg

Even his main excuser lambasted him for his "Bimbo Eruptions"

But really she was the main cheerleader for the accusation of lyin' bitch's wasn't she?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Colour Me Free @1    7 years ago
what are the odds that they are all telling the truth?

I think the odds are something like a 98% chance that 98% of them are telling the truth. We have yet to find one accuser of Trump, Roy Moore or any of the other accused, bogus.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.7.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.7    7 years ago
We have yet to find one accuser of Trump, Roy Moore or any of the other accused, bogus.

Have Moore's accusers provided evidence of police reports and court documents yet? They had decades to knock him off his block with their evidence during the years Moore served in public office and the Senate Primary. but they waited until his US Senate General Election run? Strange.

Until Trump's and Moore's accusers cough up some evidence, their accusations are merely allegations. On the other hand, Franken admitted guilt, somewhat offered an apology, and is resigning.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
1.7.2  Dowser  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.7.1    7 years ago

Jasper, most victims of sexual harassment are afraid to come forward, afraid to tell anyone.  Much LESS file a police report!  What would have happened if they had?  Everyone would have blamed the victim, not the perpetrator.  And the police would have laughed.  Out loud.  Believe me.  I don't think you understand the social/physical/career ramifications of reporting it "officially".

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
1.7.3  FedupwithFed  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.7.1    7 years ago
Have Moore's accusers provided evidence of police reports and court documents yet? They had decades to knock him off his block with their evidence during the years Moore served in public office and the Senate Primary. but they waited until his US Senate General Election run? Strange.

No, because they were busy working for HilLIARy's campaign!!

Its OK to LIE for the sake of the DNC!!  Pffftttt  Selling your soul to the D evil has consequences ladies...

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  FedupwithFed @1.7.3    7 years ago

Yep, we all know that FAUX Noise is trustworthy. laughing dude laughing dude

Factual Reporting: MIXED
Notes: Fox News Channel, also known as Fox News, is an American basic cable and satellite news television channel that is owned by the Fox Entertainment Group subsidiary of 21st Century Fox. Fox News Channel has been accused of biased reporting and promoting the Republican Party and has been deemed the least accurate cable news source according to Politifact

In fact you should do a little fact checking, especially from FOX. Have you heard this story?

NOT REAL: Second Roy Moore Accuser Works For Michelle Obama Right NOW
THE FACTS: The woman named as an accuser of Republican U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore in a story by the Last Line of Defense doesn't work for Michelle Obama. In fact, it's unclear that she's a real person. The article claims a woman named Fiona Dourif told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow last week that she was groped by Moore in 1957. No one by that named appeared on Maddow's show. An actress with the same name called out the story on Twitter , saying she has nothing to do with Moore. The story is linked to a photo of former Alabama U.S. Attorney Joyce Vance. An Obama family representative tells the AP the claim that the woman worked as a housekeeper for the Obamas is completely false.

volfan
Freshman Silent
1.7.5  volfan  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.4    7 years ago
we all know that FAUX Noise is trustworthy

Well, try this then, from local media in Alabama:

One of the women who said Senate candidate Roy Moore   pursued her while she was in high school   worked for Hillary Clinton's campaign as a sign language interpreter, according to videos and documents posted online.

Deborah Wesson Gibson, owner of the interpreting company Signs of Excellence, provided services for Clinton during her 2016 campaign, as well as working with former Democratic Vice President Joe Biden during other events. Photos  posted to her company's social media site show her providing sign language services for Sen. Patrick Murphy and Sen. Bill Nelson, both Florida Democrats.

Hope that helps.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.6  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  volfan @1.7.5    7 years ago

And, this proves what exactly?? That she earns a living as a sign language interpreter. What should do, say no when someone in politics offers her a job?

Here's on for you to ponder, I worked in a restaurant in North Carolina when I was young, the mayor of the town, a Republican, came in all the time with different people, my mother was the head of the western North Carolina Democratic party, one day the mayor shows up with Jesse Helms, should I have walked out of the restaurant and, not cooked for them, does the fact that I did cook for them mean that I worked for the Jesse Helms campaign and, if you are right and, that is what it does mean should my mother have disowned me? By the way, she was impressed with the idea that I served a sitting Senator that night.

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
1.7.7  FedupwithFed  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.4    7 years ago

Yep, we all know that FAUX Noise is trustworthy. laughing dude laughing dude

Notes: Fox News Channel, also known as Fox News, is an American basic cable and satellite news television channel that is owned by the Fox Entertainment Group subsidiary of 21st Century Fox. Fox News Channel has been accused of biased reporting and promoting the Republican Party and has been deemed the least accurate cable news source according to Politifact

as opposed to CNN???  NBC???  CBS???   BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA  We know how you hate FAIR and BALANCED!  TRUTH has no agenda!

Now comes a study from the George Mason University Center for Media and Public Affairs that demonstrates empirically that PolitiFact.org, one of the nation's leading "fact checkers," finds that Republicans are dishonest in their claims three times as often as Democrats. "PolitiFact.com has rated Republican claims as false three times as often as Democratic claims during President Obama's second term," the Center said in a release, "despite controversies over Obama administration statements on Benghazi, the IRS and the AP."

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
1.7.8  FedupwithFed  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.6    7 years ago
And, this proves what exactly?? That she earns a living as a sign language interpreter.

It proves what FOX said was TRUE!  It also proves you wrong!

Deborah Wesson Gibson, owner of the interpreting company Signs of Excellence, provided services for Clinton during her 2016 campaign , as well as working with former Democratic Vice President Joe Biden during other events. Photos  posted to her company's social media site show her providing sign language services for Sen. Patrick Murphy and Sen. Bill Nelson, both Florida Democrats.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.7.9  1ofmany  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.6    7 years ago
And, this proves what exactly?? That she earns a living as a sign language interpreter. What should do, say no when someone in politics offers her a job?

it establishes a relationship that may not have ended i.e. she’s still working for them and against the opposition.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.10  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  FedupwithFed @1.7.8    7 years ago

It proves nothing. Show me something that says she is still working for Clinton or, Biden and, maybe, MAYBE, you will have something. Until then all you have is a crazy conspiracy theory, heavy on crazy.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.11  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1ofmany @1.7.9    7 years ago

Oooooo, reference my above post for my answer.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.12  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  FedupwithFed @1.7.7    7 years ago

Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: NBC News is considered a mainstream media source. NBC News is a division of the American broadcast network NBC. The division operates under NBCUniversal News Group, a subsidiary of NBC Universal, all owned by Comcast. Has a left-center bias in reporting and story choices. NBC News is well sourced and factual. (5/18/2016)

Notes: The Cable News Network (CNN) is an American basic cable and satellite television channel that is owned by the Turner Broadcasting System division of Time Warner. It was founded in 1980 by American media proprietor Ted Turner as a 24-hour cable news channel; however, by April 2016, a CNN executive officially described the channel as “no longer a TV news network” and instead as “a 24-hour global multi-platform network.” CNN has a left bias in reporting and sometimes uses sensational headlines. CNN typically sources its news sources. Do not confuse CNN’s talk shows with actual reporting of news. Further, they have failed numerous fact checks from Politifact. (5/16/2016) Updated (6/4/2017

Notes: CBS News is a mainstream USA media source. CBS News has a left-center bias in reporting and is usually well sourced and factual. (5/16/2016)

I would rather listen to two of the three than FAUX Noise any day of the week.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.13  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  FedupwithFed @1.7.7    7 years ago
PolitiFact.org, one of the nation's leading "fact checkers," finds that Republicans are dishonest in their claims three times as often as Democrats. "PolitiFact.com has rated Republican claims as false three times as often as Democratic claims during President Obama's second term," the Center said in a release, "despite controversies over Obama administration statements on Benghazi, the IRS and the AP."

You do realize that this statement says that I'm right about anything coming from FAUX Noise, I've bolded the part that says that.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.14  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.7.1    7 years ago
Have Moore's accusers provided evidence of police reports and court documents yet?

Have any of Franken's accusers provided evidence of police reports and, court documents yet? Or, is that just for the people the GOP supports?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.7.15  Nowhere Man  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.13    7 years ago

And it has long been know that the same thing you claim as proof, establishes as fact their (politifact's) bias....

(also establishes yours as well)

Politifact Bias

Citing bias to prove bias.....

Excellent logic there...

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.16  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.7.15    7 years ago

You really should try reading the whole thread, what you are 'crediting' me with is actually from fedup.

volfan
Freshman Silent
1.7.17  volfan  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.12    7 years ago
I would rather listen to two of the three than FAUX Noise any day of the week.

Of course you would...lmbo.

And then there's this, just tonight:

volfan
Freshman Silent
1.7.18  volfan  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.6    7 years ago
I worked in a restaurant in North Carolina when I was young, the mayor of the town, a Republican, came in all the time with different people, my mother was the head of the western North Carolina Democratic party, one day the mayor shows up with Jesse Helms, should I have walked out of the restaurant and, not cooked for them

No, you should have got an autograph on a napkin or something so that 35+ years later you could come back and tell us how he "looked at your funny" or "patted you on the low back"...or something....and now you feel violated...chuckle

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.7.19  Nowhere Man  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.16    7 years ago

Actually I'm responding to you....

this...

You do realize that this statement says that I'm right about anything coming from FAUX Noise, I've bolded the part that says that.

And what you bolded to establish your eternal rightness ... (including the part you left unbolded)

PolitiFact.org, one of the nation's leading "fact checkers," finds that Republicans are dishonest in their claims three times as often as Democrats.

I bolded in red the part you left off.....

So since you are claiming that politifact makes you correct every single time, I thought it prudent to demonstrate just how biased politifact actually is, and since you claim them as the be all and end all of your veracity, your veracity has the same validity as theirs, by your own claim...

And that isn't much.......

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.7.20  Nowhere Man  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.16    7 years ago

AND, since you seem to love Media Bias Fact Check so much, here is what they really represent....

Just Facts daily .....

It appears that Media bias fact check is just as biased as Politifact, in fact they work hand in hand.....

If your using those sites to establish your forum cred, like you yourself claim to be, you just lost any cred you had....

Have a nice day.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.7.21  1ofmany  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.11    7 years ago
Oooooo, reference my above post for my answer.

Your answer talks about continued “employment”. My comment goes to a continuing “relationship” which can go beyond employment. To be clear, you can be hired by someone to do a job and, once the job ends, go on to be friends . . . or conspirators. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.7.24  1ofmany  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.13    7 years ago

Politifacts’ leftwing bias in its metrics has been evident for some time. Basically, they put their thumb on the scale and then say the scale speaks for itself. All of the MSM is now biased to some degree, which is why I read multiple sources and then examine it to draw my own independent conclusion. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.25  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.7.19    7 years ago

What is shown there is that Politifact.org has shown in its compiling of facts is that the Republicans lie three times more often than Democrats, in other words there are more lies coming out of Republican mouths than there are coming out of Democrat mouths on a daily basis. If you don't like the facts, if they don't fit into what you wish to think, don't kill the messenger, it only shows your bias.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.26  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.7.20    7 years ago
AND, since you seem to love Media Bias Fact Check so much, here is what they really represent.... Just Facts daily..... It appears that Media bias fact check is just as biased as Politifact, in fact they work hand in hand.....

A case of attacking the messenger. As i said, don't attack the messenger if you don't like the facts and, remember, it's only Kelly Anne Conjob who says there is such a thing as "alternative facts" then you and, all your friends attack the facts with more lies.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.7.27  1ofmany  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.14    7 years ago
Have any of Franken's accusers provided evidence of police reports and, court documents yet? Or, is that just for the people the GOP supports.

You don’t need to prove something that Franken hasn’t denied. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.28  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1ofmany @1.7.24    7 years ago

OK, so I read the article on The Federalist and, I did find it interesting but, I think what you are seeing there is sour grapes from a conservative source, a case of attack the messenger lite. This is a good example of that,

Feel free to play this conversation on a loop, because that is exactly what ends up happening. The next example meets the same deference to PolitiFact, citing their honesty as a baseline principle rather than a quality that needs be verified. Defenders of PolitiFact make excuses for any given article and, in the light of clear bias, insist that a single article doesn’t prove the existence of a trend.

Media Bias does give them a far right score but, is says this about them,

RIGHT BIAS
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
Notes: The Federalist is an English-language online magazine that covers politics, policy, culture, and religion. The Federalist has been described as influential in conservative and libertarian circles. Has a right wing bias in reporting, but is usually well sourced and mostly factual. (8/8/2016) Updated (7/4/2017)

I've bolded what I think is important and, yes, I would use them as a source but, I would temper what I read with a little salt.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.29  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.14    7 years ago

Just as I thought, I'm getting crickets on this one.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.30  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  volfan @1.7.18    7 years ago
No, you should have got an autograph on a napkin or something so that 35+ years later you could come back and tell us how he "looked at your funny" or "patted you on the low back"...or something....and now you feel violated..

Why? I knew them from the times they ran in the area, Mr. Helms was alright but, I didn't like his stand with Nixon so, I never voted for him when I was a Republican or, an Independent, if he was primaried I voted for his opponent.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.31  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  volfan @1.7.17    7 years ago

And, that is why I don't listen to CNN. chuckle

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.32  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1ofmany @1.7.27    7 years ago

The thing is, he has denied a part of what has been said about him. You should have listened to his full 20 minutes speech on the Senate floor.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.7.33  1ofmany  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.28    7 years ago
I've bolded what I think is important and, yes, I would use them as a source but, I would temper what I read with a little salt.

There was a time when the media engaged in professional unbiased reporting. That time has passed. Everything is laced with bias so I temper all of it with a little salt. 

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.7.34  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1ofmany @1.7.27    7 years ago

So, all a perp has to do to meet your standard of innocence is to deny anything happened?  

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.7.35  1ofmany  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.32    7 years ago
The thing is, he has denied a part of what has been said about him. You should have listened to his full 20 minutes speech on the Senate floor.

If he apologized and resigned over it, then he has effectively admitted that he is guilty of something that he thinks is serious. He can either stand up and defend himself like a man or skitter away with his tail between his legs.

I actually think his actions were trivial and he could have just passed this off as bad joke indicative of the kind of puerile behavior that made him a successful comedian. I don’t expect a politician to be a saint. However, both parties blew it up into a larger political issue (in large part over Roy Moore) and Franken chose to skitter out the door. Men who skitter don’t belong in the senate so I won’t miss him. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.36  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1ofmany @1.7.35    7 years ago

At least one thing will happen that will set the supporters of Roy Moore's hair on fire, a very liberal Democrat will take his place until the next election for his seat.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.7.37  1ofmany  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.7.34    7 years ago

So, all a perp has to do to meet your standard of innocence is to deny anything happened?

If proof weren’t a factor, then an accusation would be all that’s necessary to convict the innocent. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.38  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1ofmany @1.7.37    7 years ago
If proof weren’t a factor, then an accusation would be all that’s necessary to convict the innocent.

So, you support Franken and, Conyers?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.7.39  1ofmany  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.36    7 years ago
At least one thing will happen that will set the supporters of Roy Moore's hair on fire, a very liberal Democrat will take his place until the next election for his seat.

I doubt it. The 40 year old allegations against Moore are too stale to either prove or disprove. One of the accuser’s story is unraveling. The other was made by a woman who, at the time she was a child, had behavioral and disciplinary problems serious enough to warrant a change in custody. Children like this are hardly known for their veracity. Stories that Moore was banned from a mall are rumor not fact. The remaining women largely assert that he was interested in them which, even if true, is not a crime since they were above the age of consent and are free to date Moore or anybody else.

Moore will win because his opponent (Jones) is dragging the baggage of a democrat (abortion, same-sex marriage, sanctuary cities, transgender lunacy etc) in possibly the most conservative state in the country. Plus, unproven allegations against Moore won’t be enough to convince most people to risk having one more voice in the senate (Jones) to oppose the appointment of a conservative Justice.

As near as I can tell, Jones can’t win unless blacks turn out to vote for him in the same numbers that they did for Obama AND whites either stay home or cut their own throats by voting for a democrat who has values (listed above) opposite to their own. Both highly unlikely. The media and democrats are actually driving votes to Moore by beating a drum for Jones. Moore’s supporters will march to the polls in droves. The notion that the race is close is driven by the MSM which is using polls from questionable pollsters that either ocersample democrats and/or sample “registered” voters instead of “likely” voters. 

When Moore gets to the senate, Republicans will back away from trying to oust him. Those who support his ouster will, themselves, risk being ousted in the next election. Even if they did oust him, Moore would likely prevail in a challenge before the Supreme Court as happened when the court said that it was unconstitutional for Congress to oust Adam Clayton Powell.  

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.7.40  1ofmany  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.38    7 years ago

So, you support Franken and, Conyers?

Like anybody else, I’ll assume that they’re innocent until I either see facts to the contrary or they admit to the behavior. The problem with Franken and Conyers is that of partisan hypocrisy.

However, putting hypocrisy aside, as long as democrats maintain their current social platform of abortion on demand, forcing the normalization of psychological disorders, and overrunning the country with illegal aliens, then I am happy to see as many of them leave congress as possible for any reason. So my answer to your question is yes and no. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.7.41  Nowhere Man  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.26    7 years ago
A case of attacking the messenger.

Isn't that exactly what your doing right here?

there is such a thing as "alternative facts" then you and, all your friends attack the facts with more lies.

You call it attacking the messenger then in the same comment in defense of yourself you do exactly the same thing your pointing the finger at.....

What it is isn't about facts is it, it is about respect..... You choose one course and are surprised when such is returned.

Respect is earned, and you sure don't earn it by insulting others.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.7.42  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.7.41    7 years ago

Then maybe you should change your tactics, use better sources or, find sources that say the same thing and, aren't as biased, the only thing I'm doing is using the tactics that you and, your friends employ on here. I decided earlier, about two years ago, to start using the same tactics that were used against people that I support, you bring on an attitude of "pffft, left wing source." I'll bring on one that says "pfft, right wing source." Let the party begin.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.7.43  Nowhere Man  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.7.42    7 years ago

You'll find that I don't use any specific sources, and I have no preconceived notions.

I also respond as responded to. In that respect we are alike. and yes just like you I find humor in poking the oppo sometimes. But when it comes down to research and facts in a serious debate you will find I'm a formidible opponent.....

Just don't act like those who only have insults, cause you will get treated like those that can only respond in that fashion.

Nobody is always right the same as nobody is always wrong, so never claim either, one must look at what is being said.

SO yes, let the games begin.....

Bourbon Street
Freshman Silent
1.9  Bourbon Street  replied to  Colour Me Free @1    7 years ago
not telling the truth, but what are the odds that they are all telling the truth?

Hey there CMF.

You've identified the problem in all this as we try to respond to the reports of sexual predation, violence and harassment. Dane and empathetic people are horrified when someone - anyone - is subjected to this kind of abuse, regardless of who they are, who they vote for or where they live.

While it seems that most people that report crimes like these are telling the truth, there are other examples where supposed victims are just using this as retribution for something unrelated and falsely report.

As a society we need to do all we can to remove the animals and monsters that prey on the innocent, we also must take care - as always - that we don't accuse and punish innocent people in our haste. There is a reason that the US is one of the few places on earth that recognizes and practices the legal concept of innocence until proven guilty.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.9.1  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Bourbon Street @1.9    7 years ago
As a society we need to do all we can to remove the animals and monsters that prey on the innocent, we also must take care - as always - that we don't accuse and punish innocent people in our haste.

Thank you Bourbon Street .. this is what I keep trying to express ... you are far more eloquent then I when it comes to words - I think I possibly keep coming off cold and callous'd .. but I cannot, in blind faith, condemn everyone - there is a process .. yet the court of public opinion does not seem to care about that...

I could be wrong!

I have a flask and a shot glass from Bourbon Street : )  Didn't get any beads though ... lol

Bourbon Street
Freshman Silent
1.9.2  Bourbon Street  replied to  Colour Me Free @1.9.1    7 years ago

It would be understandable thing if someone that has been attacked were to suspect everyone. It takes a special kind of person to keep their sense of fair play and "innocent until proven guilty".

Bourbon Street
Freshman Silent
1.9.3  Bourbon Street  replied to  Colour Me Free @1.9.1    7 years ago

I have a story about Bourbon Street and catching beads I'll share with you sometime.

Junior Participates
1.9.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Bourbon Street @1.9    7 years ago
There is a reason that the US is one of the few places on earth that recognizes and practices the legal concept of innocence until proven guilty.

What should not be permitted is for accusers to be labelled honest or not based on whom the accused is.  Either we accept, prima facie, all accusers as being honest or we reject all of them until definitive proof* is produced. 

* and short of being caught in flagrante delicto it would  would be nearly impossible to achieve agreement on what that would be.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.9.5  1ofmany  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.9.4    7 years ago
What should not be permitted is for accusers to be labelled honest or not based on whom the accused is. Either we accept, prima facie, all accusers as being honest or we reject all of them until definitive proof* is produced.

The other way to look at it is that the accused is presumed to be as honest as his accusers and that we make our decision based on proof. The benefit of the doubt should go to the accused such that he doesn’t have to prove his innocence but rather the accusers must establish his guilt by something other than saying he’s guilty because I said so.

To presume that the accusers are more honest than the accused would be an attrocious system of justice and one I would strongly oppose. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.9.6  Nowhere Man  replied to  1ofmany @1.9.5    7 years ago
The other way to look at it is that the accused is presumed to be as honest as his accusers and that we make our decision based on proof. The benefit of the doubt should go to the accused such that he doesn’t have to prove his innocence but rather the accusers must establish his guilt by something other than saying he’s guilty because I said so.

A correct statement as to current law my friend. The only thing I could add is that it is the only way to look at it, as it is a bedrock principle of our legal system.

A Sexual assault allegation is already given the benefit of Prima Fascia status to the extent that an assault actually happened. Usually there is physical evidence to support the accusation. But the status of the law and presumption of Prima Fascia status of a sexual accusation sometimes makes things worse especially when there is no physical evidence....

At this point one has to look at the entirety of the case. four decades later, the complaining witness remember all the details like it was yesterday? Corroborating witnesses that have details that they could only have if they were present when the crime took place? Along with the problems you pointed out my friend, I would be very skeptical of such a case....

Multiply the exact same situation by 8 complaining witnesses.

It defies rationality, it defies the intent of the law.

It is why there is a statute of limitations. The law recognized the fallacy of truth or justice coming out of such a situation.

And then add in the countervailing testimony impugning the statements supporting the allegations. (and in some cases the allegations themselves)

The only way to gain a conviction would be through the admission of the alleged assailant.....

And under our system of laws, given the current status of the accusations, he is innocent until he admits guilt.

Of the resignations that have taken place all have in some way admitted to their actions, except one who claims he was retiring anyway but still apologized.

Those acts would be treated in a court of law as an admission of guilt. Why apologize/resign if there is no factual basis?

Like I've said, some persons with opinions that they are entitled to do not understand the basis of our rejection of the Moore allegations, and acceptance of the others admissions of guilt.

Hopefully I've spelled it out for them so they can stop insulting our intelligence, understand the rock solid legal basis we are coming from, and respect our opinion. (probably too much to ask for from most) or at least acknowledge that we are not just political sycophants, there is solid fact based logic in our position........ (an impossibility in my opinion for them to acknowledge)

Oh well, be well my friend...

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.9.7  1ofmany  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.9.6    7 years ago

Liberal arrogance is insufferable and they really do need to be knocked off that high horse every now and then. Any reasonable person should understand how fundamentally unfair it is to not only expect the accused to prove his innocence (contrary to the basic philosophy that undergirds our legal system) but to do so 40 years after the fact. People can vote on whatever basis they like but the people of Alabama are not wrong or stupid if they give Moore the benefit of the doubt (especially where there is so much doubt to give). Stupidity is not geographical as many OUTSIDE of Alabama prove every day. 

Oh and it’s good to see you around more often.

Junior Participates
1.11  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Colour Me Free @1    7 years ago
I do not want to believe that any of women that have come forward are not telling the truth, but what are the odds that they are all telling the truth?

Actually, I think you do want to believe that at least one is not telling the truth but only  for your guy so you can use that one to discredit them all.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    7 years ago

He resigns, yet Trump is still in the WH and Moore is running for senate and republicans give excuse after excuse that all the women are lying and that it wasn't Trump on the tape and Moore is Jesus.  Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
2.1  Rex Block  replied to  lady in black @2    7 years ago

That's what Hillary said about the women accusing Bubba Billy. Some kind of "right wing conspiracy", or something like that. The Democrats lost any moral authority they might have had a long time ago.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.1  magnoliaave  replied to  Rex Block @2.1    7 years ago

There is a TV show "What Really Happened".  Watched it the other night when they critiqued the Clinton impeachment.  He pointed his finger at the TV camera and said "I did not have sex with that woman".  That was no right wing conspiracy.  Clinton had all of these allegations against him before he ran for president and he still was elected.

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
2.1.2  FedupwithFed  replied to  magnoliaave @2.1.1    7 years ago
"I did not have sex with that woman".  That was no right wing conspiracy.  Clinton had all of these allegations against him before he ran for president and he still was elected.

Too bad his DNA showed up on her blue dress!!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.3  magnoliaave  replied to  FedupwithFed @2.1.2    7 years ago

Yes, and pretty disgusting that our President had a blow job in the Oval office.

But, I have to hand it to Monica as she never blamed Pres. Clinton, but said it was mutual consent.  That little girl was racked over the coals and still is.  Almost any young girl would be flattered by the attention from the POTUS. 

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  mocowgirl  replied to  magnoliaave @2.1.3    7 years ago
Almost any young girl would be flattered by the attention from the POTUS.

I doubt that most young girls want to have sex with middle-men old enough to be their father.  Ewww!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.5  magnoliaave  replied to  mocowgirl @2.1.4    7 years ago

I don't know.  Good looking man who is POTUS,,,,,he turned a few heads!

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  mocowgirl  replied to  magnoliaave @2.1.5    7 years ago
Good looking man who is POTUS,,,,

If you're talking about Bill Clinton, then all I can say is that I will never understand the attraction any woman, of any age, had for that lying sleaze, but it does explain why those women make excuses for his criminal and perverse behavior.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.8  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  mocowgirl @2.1.6    7 years ago

AGREED!

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.9  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.1.7    7 years ago

The shadow of the dress is painted on the mantel of B. Clinton's White House portrait :)

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.1.10  pat wilson  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.1.7    7 years ago
I agree with you. Monica was pretty classy throughout the whole ordeal.

Lewinsky — who once boasted to a pal that she was bringing her “presidential kneepads” to the White House — wrote that her Oval Office affair with the Horndog in Chief was consensual.

"presidential kneepads", real classy there, lol.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.1.11  1ofmany  replied to  pat wilson @2.1.10    7 years ago

She bragged about going to a married man’s office so he can empty himself on her face. If that’s classy, I’d hate to see her idea of being a tramp. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.1.12  pat wilson  replied to  1ofmany @2.1.11    7 years ago

I guess you missed my sarcasm, sorry I should have tagged it.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.1.13  1ofmany  replied to  pat wilson @2.1.12    7 years ago

I recognized it as sarcasm and added my own.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  mocowgirl @2.1.6    7 years ago
"for his criminal and perverse behavior." Oh please, there was never any criminal behavior.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  FedupwithFed @2.1.2    7 years ago
Too bad his DNA showed up on her blue dress!!

Well he blew his load from Monica's blow job on her blue dress which she kept.  

How is that sex?

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.1.17  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.15    7 years ago
How is that sex?

How is that not sex?   sperm on a dress, sperm on a bed sheet ... mouth, vagina ... whats the difference?  partial nakedness - a warm spot and a hard dick = sex

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.1.18  Spikegary  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.14    7 years ago

Lying to congress and special investigators?  He lost his law license for a reason.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  magnoliaave @2.1.3    7 years ago
That little girl was racked over the coals and still is

Oh that poor little girl who went to the White House with her presidential knee pads . 

Junior Participates
2.1.20  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Rex Block @2.1    7 years ago
Some kind of "right wing conspiracy", or something like that.

Nope, nothing like that.  That comment was directed at the scum shoveling network of rightwing scum-shovelers, later to be properly referred to as Deplorables.  World Net(LIE) Daily, News(LIE)max, FoxNews(LIES), Breit(LIES)bart; Info(LIES)Wars.  IOW, the vast network of lying rightwing, fascist and scumsucking pieces of shit.

Junior Participates
2.1.21  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  magnoliaave @2.1.5    7 years ago
Good looking man who is POTUS,,,,,he turned a few heads!

Yes, away in disgust according to his victims. 

Junior Participates
2.1.22  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  magnoliaave @2.1.3    7 years ago
That little girl was racked over the coals and still is.

Trusting a back-stabbing little scumbag like Linda Tripp with her little secret was  very bad judgment.  I guess she just couldn't constrain herself but she no doubt regrets horribly that decision for which she has paid for dearly.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.23  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.15    7 years ago

Sounds to me like Monica had a plan all along.

Junior Participates
2.1.24  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.1.17    7 years ago
How is that not sex?   sperm on a dress, sperm on a bed sheet ... mouth, vagina ... whats the difference?

First off, it doesn't rise (hahahaha) to the strict definition of sexual intercourse:

sex·u·al in·ter·course
    ˈsekSH(o͞o)əl ˈin(t)ərˌkôrs/
      noun
  1.             sexual contact between individuals involving penetration, especially the insertion of a man's erect penis into a                    woman's vagina, typically culminating in orgasm and the ejaculation of semen.
    And there was a survey done when this was going on regarding how people viewed fellatio and 2/3 of the respondents did not regard it as having sexual intercourse.   In fact, there was a "thing" going on at the time (and maybe still his) for girls giving the BFs BJs as birthday presents (in lieu of fucking) so they apparently did not consider themselves as having authentic sex.  Would you consider a woman engaging in fellatio to not be a virgin (at least in the technical sense)?
    Apologies to all rightwing bluenoses for the language and to everyone for (TNT's)  fucked up formatting. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.27  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.1.26    7 years ago

Maybe that is because sources like CNN, CBS and, NBC take facts seriously and, when they screw up they take the time to correct the mistake, where as, sources like Brietfart and, World Nut Daily don't give a shit about the facts.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.28  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.27    7 years ago
Maybe that is because sources like CNN, CBS and, NBC take facts seriously

laughing dude

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.2  magnoliaave  replied to  lady in black @2    7 years ago

I don't remember seeing anything that it was not Pres. Trump on the tape.  And, Judge Moore Is not Jesus and no one said he was.  BUT, he has not been proven guilty of alleged crime.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  lady in black  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2    7 years ago

Trump claimed he had experts dissecting the tape to prove it was not his voice.  A Pastor in Alabama compared Moore to Christ.  Google is your best friend.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @2.2.1    7 years ago

And Billy Bush emphatically stated that it was turnip's voice. The turnip is lying thru his ill-fitting dentures

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.3  magnoliaave  replied to  lady in black @2.2.1    7 years ago

Ok.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.2    7 years ago

With all his money - why not implants.  Also - with all his money - why not a nice rug on that bloated head of his instead of that ridiculous combover.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.5  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.4    7 years ago

The WH now claims it was dry mouth - which could be true since he has so many moments with bottled water.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2.6  Ozzwald  replied to  lady in black @2.2.1    7 years ago
Trump claimed he had experts dissecting the tape to prove it was not his voice.

Did his "experts" finally return from Hawaii, or did he have to send the tape to them?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2    7 years ago
BUT, he has not been proven guilty of alleged crime.

Why does it have to be a "crime" before you recognize it as unacceptable and not becoming of a Senator or a President? 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.8  magnoliaave  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.7    7 years ago

It is alleged.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.2.9  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.7    7 years ago

because democrats are known liars.  their word is no good. 

perhaps they should have read  "the boy who cried wolf"

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
2.2.10  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2.8    7 years ago
It is alleged.

And there it is.

I'll be dammed if I ever quit my job because some person accuses me of something I know I didn't do.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.11  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @2.2.9    7 years ago
because democrats are known liars.

How does that in any way address my comment? Al Franken resigned, he wasn't calling all his accusers liars as the worthless Republicans have. All people lie, some people make a career out of it like Donald Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/03/22/all-of-donald-trumps-four-pinocchio-ratings-in-one-place/?utm_term=.26197aa6deae

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.2.14  1ofmany  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.7    7 years ago
Why does it have to be a "crime" before you recognize it as unacceptable and not becoming of a Senator or a President?

Thousands of people are accused of doing things they didn’t do. Some are exonerated and others go to jail even though they’re innocent. Anybody can accuse anybody of anything but it doesn’t make it true. There is no evidence whatsoever that Moore did anything illegal or wrong. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.15  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.5    7 years ago

I saw this again on Trevor Noah/The Daily Show last night and then I did hear the slurring and the weird way he was talking at the end and I did hear God Blesh the United Statesh.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.16  Tessylo  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @2.2.10    7 years ago
I believe Mr. Franken when he said there were false allegations (especially from that ignorant bimbo who has some kind of radio show) and she was crying crocodile tears about the alleged groping and kiss. What a phony ignorant bitch. Ruining a good mans' career. You just know the right wing NJs are paying these ignorant bitches good money to smear this good man. The other incidents are not as he remembered them - obviously - these ignorant bitches made up the allegations especially that bitch who said he groped her in her sleep. That was a staged photo people with many people there to confirm that there was no actual groping and the lying bitch was not asleep.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.2.17  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.16    7 years ago
Woke up om the wrong side of the bed this morning? Everyone but Franken is guilty? This is the interesting part about coming out and apologizing for the things one has done to hurt others .. then claim to be falsely accused - the court of public opinion already believes the apology to be an admission ... Yet then there is the flip side ... men that vehemently deny the allegations/accusations against them are guilty - because of party affiliation? All the men are innocent until said time they admit the accusations to be true .. or are found guilty in a court of law.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.2.18  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.2.17    7 years ago
Ooops forgive the typos ... no edit time this morning

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.2.19  1ofmany  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.2.17    7 years ago

They say whatever it takes to establish that conservatives are guilty and liberals are innocent. All politics. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.20  Tessylo  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.2.17    7 years ago
Yeah I'm in a bad mood this morning but I'm sick of the fucking lies and ruining the reputation of a good man.  
This is the interesting part about coming out and apologizing for the things one has done to hurt others .. then claim to be falsely accused - the court of public opinion already believes the apology to be an admission ...

He apologized to the lying bitch if she took it that way.  

He said other incidents were untrue.  

He said he didn't remember the alleged incidents happening as these lying bitches stated (I'm the one saying they're lying bitches, not Mr. Franken)

The lying bitch accepted the apology then went on the news crying crocodile tears over an event that was staged.  The photo.  Funny how she didn't come out before?  I mean now the lying bitch is saying he demanded she practice kiss with him.  If it was so fucking traumatic - why not come out before.

All the years working on SNL there was not ONE complaint from any woman he worked with - NOT ONE

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.21  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.20    7 years ago

Take it up with the democrats - they are the ones who want to clear their decks, you see it's their new strategy. They know there is no collusion and that Mueller thing is gonna come up empty so the plan now for 2018 will be a new narrative about sexual misconduct via Moore and Trump

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.22  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.21    7 years ago
They know there is no collusion and that Mueller thing is gonna come up empty

Right.  You go right on believing that.  

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.2.23  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.20    7 years ago
Why women wait years to come forward is the million dollar ? that many of us ask .. the argument cannot be made that "this one woman" if the event was so traumatic, they should have come forward sooner - I think that about all women making accusations at this time (I have admitted it confuses me)..... The women of SNL that worked with Franken have come forward to defend him .. but what level of sexual harassment would it take on the set of SNL? For real, does Jane you ignorant slut ring a bell? I have been honest about sexual harassment in my personal experience, and I gave as good as I got - which is the same impression I have of the women from SNL ........... I can see Leslie Jones crushing someone like a bug, as well as all the other women of SNL that I have seen on SNL growing up .. they would spoon feed a man crap right back to him... AS I stated many time "all these men are innocent until accusations are proven to be true .. or the men admit their guilty.... Rep Franks is stepping done for having had conversation regarding surrogacy ... no he did not want to impregnate these women - he was talking about he and his wife struggles to get pregnant - but it made these women uncomfortable and years later have come forward claiming sexual harassment. P.s... the term 'good men' is subjective, and not something that is truly quantifiable .. Happy Friday Tessylo... Is everyone else having an issue posting? I will be crushed if I am alone in this :)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.24  Trout Giggles  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.2.23    7 years ago
You are not alone. I just put up a meta article on my posting problem

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.2.25  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  1ofmany @2.2.19    7 years ago
Agree 1ofmany - it does appear to be the desired political outcome........... and the US v THEM conflict rages on.. Good thing I am a WE! :)

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.2.26  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.24    7 years ago
Thank you T. Giggles (may I call you T. Giggles?) I am glad it is not just me - on NV from time to time I would be battling the gremlins alone :)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.2.26    7 years ago
Call me anything you like but don't call me late to happy hour Some just shorten it to TG or Trout. Or Giggles. It's all good

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.28  Tessylo  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.2.23    7 years ago
"The women of SNL that worked with Franken have come forward to defend him but what level of sexual harassment would it take on the set of SNL? For real, does Jane you ignorant slut ring a bell?"

That's just ludicrous.  Of course it rings a bell.  That was a regular sketch.  

Did Jane Curtin ever complain 10 years later that she felt abused?

Please get real here.  

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.2.29  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.28    7 years ago
Did Jane Curtin ever complain 10 years later that she felt abused?
Please get real here.

Yes, please do get real ... you are saying that ONE woman should have came out right away if IT bothered/traumatized her so much - she is now a lying bitch and ruining a good mans reputation/life because NO women from SNL made complaints .... but everyone else being accused, even from 40 years ago - is guilty ... just Franken is falsely accused by a lying bitch that he apologized to, she accepted his apology so POOF all is right with the world???

Have I misunderstood anything? 

just a ?  ... if Jane Curtain was to come out today and claim sexual harassment against Bill Murray ... would she be a lying ignorant slut?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.2.30  Spikegary  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.16    7 years ago

Proof?  Links?  Seems like 'Slut Shaming' at its finest.

Junior Participates
2.2.31  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.2.29    7 years ago
Yes, please do get real ... you are saying that ONE woman should have came out right away if IT bothered/traumatized her so much - she is now a lying bitch and ruining a good mans reputation/life because NO women from SNL made complaints .... but everyone else being accused, even from 40 years ago - is guilty ... just Franken is falsely accused by a lying bitch that he apologized to, she accepted his apology so POOF all is right with the world???

Wow.  Pull yourself together, ferchrissake.  While you're trying to do that, let me thank you for showing us "rightwing rules" wherein everything you accuse Dems of doing (and not) is precisely what people defending Roy Moore are actually doing.  

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.2.32  Spikegary  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.28    7 years ago

Funny, that clip comes to mind when I read a lot of the commenters here.  And BTW, that was on a segment, live in front of cameras......different than writing a comedy script forcing an intimate kiss with someone and wanting to practice it before hand with an unwilling person.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.33  Tessylo  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.2.29    7 years ago
.. if Jane Curtain was to come out today and claim sexual harassment against Bill Murray ... would she be a lying ignorant slut?

What does that have to do with it?  You keep moving the goal posts.  Again, get real.  What does Bill Murray have to do with it?

Please do - pull yourself together there girl.  You're all over the place!

Junior Participates
2.2.34  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.13    7 years ago
It's never the facts or lack thereof, it's always the seriousness of the accusation. Unless it's one of them.

If a lightning bolt struck every time a rightwinger who inverted reality and truth like that, well, let's just say the world would be a much safer, more honest place to live. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.35  Tessylo  replied to  Spikegary @2.2.32    7 years ago
different than writing a comedy script forcing an intimate kiss with someone and wanting to practice it before hand with an unwilling person.

The lying bitch made that up.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.36  Tessylo  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.2.29    7 years ago
Is that what I'm saying?  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.37  Tessylo  replied to  Spikegary @2.2.30    7 years ago
Proof?  Links?  Seems like 'Slut Shaming' at its finest.

Proof?  Links?  For what?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.2.38  1ofmany  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.33    7 years ago
What does that have to do with it? You keep moving the goal posts. Again, get real. What does Bill Murray have to do with it?

It would be funny because Jane curtain was an "ignorant slut" in a routine SNL skit.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.40  Tessylo  replied to  1ofmany @2.2.38    7 years ago
It would be funny because Jane curtain was an "ignorant slut" in a routine SNL skit.

Well no duh.  Didn't I already say that?  It will not happen though.  

It was Dan Akroyd - when he and Jane Curtin did Point/Counterpoint - not Bill Murray

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.2.41  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.20    7 years ago

Is that what I'm saying?  

The lying bitch accepted the apology then went on the news crying crocodile tears over an event that was staged.  The photo.  Funny how she didn't come out before?  I mean now the lying bitch is saying he demanded she practice kiss with him.  If it was so fucking traumatic - why not come out before. All the years working on SNL there was not ONE complaint from any woman he worked with - NOT ONE

Hmmm, yep ... I am thinking that is what you are saying - like I asked before ... Am I misunderstanding something?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.42  Tessylo  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.2.41    7 years ago
Am I misunderstanding something?

Yeah, you are.  I'm done here.  

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.2.43  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.33    7 years ago
Please do - pull yourself together there girl.  You're all over the place!

Misogynist much?   

[laughter] did you cock your hip off to one side, snap your fingers and toss back your hair when telling me to pull myself together ....... [eyes water from laughter] I can see it now .... thanks for the visual! 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.44  Tessylo  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.12    7 years ago
Base.

Huh?

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.2.45  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.42    7 years ago

Have a good Friday...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.46  Tessylo  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.2.43    7 years ago

I'm glad you're able to amuse yourself so easily dear . 

I'm a woman.  Misogynist?

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
2.2.48  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2.31    7 years ago

Always good to see you Atheist .. a good Friday to you and a very Merry Christmas.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.49  Tessylo  replied to  Release The Kraken @2.2.39    7 years ago
A true crusader for the women's movement are we? LOL

Thanks for chiming in peanut gallery.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.50  Tessylo  replied to  Release The Kraken @2.2.47    7 years ago
Would you like to borrow my chicken?

Choke it yourself.  I bet you're pretty good at it!

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.2.52  1ofmany  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.40    7 years ago
It was Dan Akroyd - when he and Jane Curtin did Point/Counterpoint - not Bill Murray

Maybe you can revise the skit with Franken and his accuser so that he can call her a lying ignorant slut.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.54  Tessylo  replied to  Release The Kraken @2.2.53    7 years ago

"Are you capable of anything other than mindless chit chat?  Enquiring minds want to know."

Junior Participates
2.2.55  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.33    7 years ago
You keep moving the goal posts.

They don't know how to play the game any other way.

Junior Participates
2.2.56  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Spikegary @2.2.30    7 years ago
Seems like 'Slut Shaming' at its finest.

Dear Pot,

Same ol' same ol', I see. 

Sincerely,

Kettle

Junior Participates
2.2.57  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2    7 years ago
BUT, he has not been proven guilty of alleged crime.

Any justification will do for you to vote for (as you clearly tell us you will do) a child sexual molester into the Senate, right?  But, I'm sure you somehow convinced yourself that Jesus said it's okay.    

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.58  magnoliaave  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2.57    7 years ago

Don't bring Jesus into this.  You are notorious for using His name to somehow make your comment viable.

Yes and yes....I will vote for Judge Moore unless he is proven guilty.

One more time for the boys in the balcony.....YES, I am voting for Judge Moore!!!!!!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.59  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  1ofmany @2.2.14    7 years ago
There is no evidence whatsoever that Moore did anything illegal or wrong.

There's quite a bit of evidence, cards from Moore to teenagers and his signing of a yearbook, along with over 30 witnesses who attest to his behavior and penchant for trying to pick up teen girls when he was in his 30's. The statute of limitations is the only thing preventing their testimony in court which would be admissible as evidence. Claiming the evidence doesn't exist simply because you want to believe all of them liars doesn't make it so.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.60  JohnRussell  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2.58    7 years ago

Then you are voting for a proven liar. The handwriting in the graduation card and yearbook being identical proves Moore knew girls that he claimed he did not know.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.2.61  1ofmany  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.59    7 years ago
There's quite a bit of evidence, cards from Moore to teenagers and his signing of a yearbook, along with over 30 witnesses who attest to his behavior and penchant for trying to pick up teen girls when he was in his 30's.

There's no evidence whatsoever that he engaged in child molestation. If the age of consent is 16, then any woman at that age can date anybody she chooses and any man can seek to date them. Evidence that he wanted to engage in legal behavior is irrelevant.

The statute of limitations is the only thing preventing their testimony in court which would be admissible as evidence. Claiming the evidence doesn't exist simply because you want to believe all of them liars doesn't make it so.

There is no evidence that he did anything illegal. Believing he's guilty in the absence of any evidence to establish guilt is just a belief and nothing more.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.62  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.60    7 years ago

I don't think someone who lives in Mississippi can vote in Alabama, can they?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.63  JohnRussell  replied to  1ofmany @2.2.61    7 years ago
There is no evidence that he did anything illegal. Believing he's guilty in the absence of any evidence to establish guilt is just a belief and nothing more.

I don't think they have to put him in prison before deciding not to vote for someone who has lied about knowing a 16 year old who accused him of molesting her.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.2.64  1ofmany  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.63    7 years ago
I don't think they have to put him in prison before deciding not to vote for someone who has lied about knowing a 16 year old who accused him of molesting her.

People can vote based on flipping a coin if they choose but my point is that nobody's guilty just based on an accusation.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.65  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.60    7 years ago

Then you are voting for a proven liar. The handwriting in the graduation card and yearbook being identical proves Moore knew girls that he claimed he did not know.

Please link the forensic evidence that will support your claims.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.66  magnoliaave  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.60    7 years ago

Mr. Russell....I don't know that to be a fact.  But, thanks for pointing that out.

You know that I am living in the Great State of Alabama, don't you?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.67  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2.65    7 years ago

The signature "Roy" in both is a dead match, as is some of the other lettering. 

How did Moore's handwriting end up in these two girl's possession? He admitted to knowing Gibson (initially) so we know how she got it, but how did Nelson get it if he didnt know her (as he claims)? 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.2.68  1ofmany  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.67    7 years ago
He admitted to knowing Gibson (initially) so we know how she got it, but how did Nelson get it if he didnt know her (as he claims)

Moore was a judge briefly involved in Nelson's divorce so she could get it off court documents, complete with the initials of his assistant who routinely signed Moore's name and used her initials "DA". 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2.2.69  Nowhere Man  replied to  1ofmany @2.2.68    7 years ago
.....complete with the initials of his assistant who routinely signed Moore's name and used her initials "DA".

One little fact they all wish to ignore.........

volfan
Freshman Silent
2.2.70  volfan  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.2.43    7 years ago
[laughter] did you cock your hip off to one side, snap your fingers and toss back your hair when telling me to pull myself together ....... [eyes water from laughter] I can see it now .... thanks for the visual!

laughing dude

volfan
Freshman Silent
2.2.71  volfan  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2.56    7 years ago

Dear Pot,

Same ol' same ol', I see. 

Sincerely,

Kettle

Bawahahaha...thanks for the chuckle...yep, different day , same ol sameol with that one...

volfan
Freshman Silent
2.2.72  volfan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.59    7 years ago
along with over 30 witnesses who attest to his behavior and penchant for trying to pick up teen girls when he was in his 30's.

Really? I live in Alabama and I have not heard of these 30 witnesses...please provide links. Thanks.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.2.74  1ofmany  replied to  volfan @2.2.72    7 years ago
Really? I live in Alabama and I have not heard of these 30 witnesses...please provide links. Thanks.

If her mouth is big enough to blab to 30 people, then she should have gone to the police 40 years ago. But then she was apparently the subject of a change in custody because of behavioral and disciplinary problems. Kids like that are notorious liars.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.77  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  volfan @2.2.72    7 years ago
I live in Alabama and I have not heard of these 30 witnesses...please provide links. Thanks.

“This account is based on interviews with more than   30   people who said they knew  Moore   between 1977 and 1982  "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2017/11/10/daily-202-as-roy-moore-declines-to-step-aside-a-tale-of-two-republican-parties-emerges/5a04e1dd30fb045a2e002f77/?utm_term=.a18d176c86d4

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.2.78  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1ofmany @2.2.61    7 years ago
Believing he's guilty in the absence of any evidence to establish guilt is just a belief and nothing more.

This is what his good friend, prominent pastor Flip Benham, one of the speakers at Moore's Faith Leaders Press Conference that was organized by Janet Porter of Faith2 Action, said in Moore's defense:

"Judge Roy Moore graduated from West Point and then went on into the service, served in Vietnam and then came back and was in law school. All of the ladies, or many of the ladies that he possibly could have married were not available then, they were already married, maybe, somewhere. So he looked in a different direction and always with the [permission of the] parents of younger ladies … He did that because there is something about a purity of a young woman, there is something that is good, that’s true, that’s straight and he looked for that.”

Does anyone really believe that the University of Alabama was experiencing a shortage of age-appropriate, non-married co-eds?  What a load of baloney.

Oh, and I'm soooooo sure he got the permission from the parents of the younger ladies.  After all, what parent wouldn't rejoice in the fact that a creepy, 30-year-old, Warren Jeffs wanna-be was trying to date their 14/15/16-year-old daughter?  Sorry, but any grown-ass man who trolls the mall food court for dates has no intention of asking anyone's permission for anything.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.80  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.67    7 years ago
The signature "Roy" in both is a dead match, as is some of the other lettering.

You should do more research:

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.81  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.80    7 years ago

Jeremy, Moore's handwriting appears in Beverly Young Nelson's yearbook, even though he claims to have never heard of her and not know who she is.

I can't spend time correcting every bit of ignorance dropped here. I have already shown repeatedly on this forum how we can know Moore signed her book.  

Junior Participates
2.2.82  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2    7 years ago
And, Judge Moore Is not Jesus and no one said he was.

To hear him god-bother one gets the impression that he puts himself above Jesus.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.83  JohnRussell  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.75    7 years ago

Did Rush tell, you to say that , lol. 

Nelson added two lines at the bottom of the yearbook entry. The rest of it, including the signature, matched the handwriting Moore made when he wrote into a graduation card for Debbie Gibson, another teenager he had dated at the time. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.84  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Colour Me Free @2.2.17    7 years ago

I see in the apology something different than what you see obviously, I don't see an admission of guilt, I see someone saying, "I'm sorry you feel that way."

Look at it for yourself.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.85  JohnRussell  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.75    7 years ago
Where I come from....that is called forgery. Quick....call Dan Rather.

Go back to wherever you came from then , cause you can't cut it here. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.87  JohnRussell  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.86    7 years ago

You are locked in an information bubble that keeps you from truth and facts. It is a shame that you are so determined to spread your disinformation all over Newstalkers every day. 

-

Accuser: Roy Moore Now Claims He Doesn't Know Me, But Here's Physical Proof That He's Lying

I write this piece with the full knowledge that it's unlikely to convince a single person of anything, because everyone seems to have reached their own conclusions about Roy Moore at this point -- which, in most cases, align with their immediate political interests.  If Moore were a Democrat running in a blue state, and all other facts of the controversy were equal, I'd wager that virtually every single current Moore defender the Right would be shouting something along the lines of, "lock him up."  I've made it clear, with full transparency, that I oppose Moore's candidacy for a host of reasons, even as I'm unable to countenance his opponent's abortion radicalism.  That was true before any of the nine accusers stepped forward with their stories.  And despite agreeing that it's reasonable for Moore's team to ask that the yearbook produced by Moore's most serious accuser be examined by independent experts (that high school yearbook, incidentally, also featured Moore's eventual wife, who's been amplifying fake news for weeks on his behalf), I find the allegations against him to be credible .  

One of the counter-arguments I often encounter is that there's no physical corroboration, and that these claims stem from conduct that supposedly occurred decades ago, and never arose previously.  There are a number of responses to that logic, one of which is that it requires discounting statements from multiple witnesses who attest that a number of these women confided in them about Moore's behavior and advances at the time.  For reference, similar contemporaneous accounts are key pieces of proof behind Juanita Broaddrick's rape allegations against Bill Clinton.  Nevertheless, Beverly Young's yearbook was the only piece of hard evidence on the table (Moore insists he knows neither Ms. Young nor any of the women; more on that in a moment), which is why his defenders are so desperate to declare it "forged" or "debunked" (neither word applies, although theories to that effect abound).  We now have an additional piece of physical evidence discovered by one of the four women named and quoted in the original Washington Post story:

Debbie Wesson Gibson was in her attic hauling out boxes of Christmas decorations last week when she noticed a storage bin she said she had forgotten about. Inside was a scrapbook from her senior year of high school, and taped to a page titled “Those Who Inspire” was a graduation card.  “Happy graduation Debbie,” it read in slanted cursive handwriting. “I wanted to give you this card myself. I know that you’ll be a success in anything you do. Roy.” The inscription, Gibson said, was written by Roy Moore , the Alabama Republican nominee for U.S. Senate who in recent days has repeatedly denied the accounts of five women who told The Washington Post that he pursued them when they were teenagers and he was an assistant district attorney in his 30s... Gibson said that she publicly dated Moore when she was 17 and he was 34, a relationship she said she “wore like a badge of honor” until she began reevaluating it in light of the accounts of other women, and now, Moore’s own denials.

What infuriated Ms. Gibson was Moore's flat denial that he knew any of the women who now say he pursued them romantically or sexually when they were teens.  At first, he told Sean Hannity that he did know a few of them, but didn't recall dating them -- awkwardly equivocating on the question of whether or not he dated high schoolers as a thirty-something.  Within days, his statements became more sweeping:

At two campaign events in recent days, Moore has backtracked. At a Nov. 27 campaign event in the north Alabama town of Henagar, Moore said: “The allegations are completely false. They are malicious. Specifically, I do not know any of these women .” At a Nov. 29 rally at a church in the south Alabama town of Theodore, Moore said, “Let me state once again: I do not know any of these women, did not date any of these women and have not engaged in any sexual misconduct with anyone.” Gibson said that after finding the scrapbook, she was not sure whether to make it public given the threats she received after publication of the original story. Then she heard what Moore said last week, she said, and contacted The Post. “He called me a liar,” said Gibson, who says she not only openly dated Moore when she was 17 but later joined him in passing out fliers during his campaign for circuit court judge in 1982 and exchanged Christmas cards with him over the years. “Roy Moore made an egregious mistake to attack that one thing — my integrity.”

The Post had the note analyzed by a former FBI forensic examiner, who said it appears to be authentic from that time period.  He also said the handwriting and "Roy" signature strongly resemble the note inscribed in Ms. Young's yearbook.  Sure enough, it does look awfully similar :

Was this one forged, too? And it just happens to match another decades-old "forgery"?   C'mon.   The delusions required to believe Moore's shifting stories are getting increasingly absurd.  Nonetheless, it's fair to ask if an innocuous ( high school ) graduation card amounts to proof of anything.  Well, the scrapbook contained more pieces of evidence:  

As she flipped through the scrapbook last week, Gibson said, she realized it contained other indications of her relationship with Moore, which she says began in March 1981, after he came to speak to her high school civics class. On a page titled “commencement,” under “My own guests,” she had written “Roy S. Moore,” just above “mom” and “dad.” On a page titled “remembrances,” she had listed her graduation gifts line by line, including “$10, card” from “Roy S. Moore,” and a check mark indicating she had sent a thank-you card.  On a page titled “the best times,” she had written: “Wednesday night, 3-4-81. Roy S. Moore and I went out for the first time. We went out to eat at Catfish Cabin in Albertville. I had a great time.” She had underlined “great” twice.

Why is any of this significant?  She's describing consensual relationship from a time in her life when she'd reached the age of consent in Alabama; she even affirms that their physical contact was limited to embracing and kissing.  Maybe it's creepy that Moore was dating a high school student as a 34-year-old man, but it wasn't a crime.  I'd argue it's significant because Moore altered his story, from half-heartedly claiming that he didn't quite recall dating Gibson to straight-up denying that he knew or dated "any of these women."  That's a lie, Gibson says, and her scrapbook helps prove it.  The giddy schoolgirl journal entries about being "inspired" by Moore, and having had a "great" time on dates with him -- written in the early 1980's -- are compelling evidence that  (a) he's being dishonest, and  (b) the proclivities and attractions of which he's accused are true.  The scuttlebutt about his known weirdness at teenage hangouts didn't appear out of nowhere.  All of that, in turn, enhances the credibility of Moore's nine accusers, all of whom he says are lying.  For what it's worth, Gibson is a registered Republican whose sign language interpretation work has served clients from both political parties.  She says she's held Moore in "high esteem" over the years, but this recent firestorm has changed her perspective dramatically: 

“It takes what I thought was a very lovely part of my past, and it colors it, and it changes it irrevocably,” she said. “It changes it permanently.” What made her decision to share the documents easier, she said, was watching and re-watching a video she has on her cellphone of Moore speaking last week and deciding that supporting the women who have come forward was more important than staying silent. “At 34 minutes and 56 seconds into the video, he says, unequivocally, I did not know any of them,” Gibson said. “ In that moment, it changed my perspective. I knew he was a liar .”

If Moore is lying about his relationship with Gibson, and about not even knowing some of these women, why should he get the benefit of the doubt on his denials of the more disturbing molestation allegations?  Apparently these questions aren't terribly relevant anymore at the RNC, which has reversed its decision to abandon Moore, following Trump's endorsement.  The NRSC, however, remains out:

. @ SenCoryGardner reiterates this AM that the @ NRSC has not changed its position on Roy Moore (which is that that he should be expelled from the Senate if he wins)

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.88  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.81    7 years ago

Now go back and read the link I provided.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.89  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.88    7 years ago

I did. Obviously you do not understand the situation. 

09allred-2-master675.jpg

Look at all the handwriting above the line "12-22-77". Everything above that is Moore's handwriting, and it matches the handwriting in another girl's graduation card that she received from Roy Moore in the same time period. 

This is not that hard to understand. What is your problem Jeremy? 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.2.90  1ofmany  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.87    7 years ago

This can picked apart.

If Moore were a Democrat running in a blue state, and all other facts of the controversy were equal, I'd wager that virtually every single current Moore defender the Right would be shouting something along the lines of, "lock him up." 

And of course democrats proved that the whole thing is partisan by condemning Moore and immediately rushing to excuse Franken and Conyers. 

That was true beforeany of the nine accusers stepped forward with their stories.

There are two “accusers” of misconduct not nine. Most of these women were above the age of consent. That means that they can date anyone they choose and any man can date them. 

And despite agreeing that it's reasonable for Moore's team to ask that the yearbook produced by Moore's most serious accuser be examined by independent experts (that high school yearbook, incidentally, also featured Moore's eventual wife, who's been amplifying fake news for weeks on his behalf), I find the allegations against him to be credible.

In the absence of evidence, he’s just as credible as his accusers. His supporters can give him the benefit of the doubt.

One of the counter-arguments I often encounter is that there's no physical corroboration, and that these claims stem from conduct that supposedly occurred decades ago, and never arose previously. There are a number of responses to that logic, one of which is that it requires discounting statements from multiple witnesses who attest that a number of these women confided in them about Moore's behavior and advances at the time.

This conflates the accusations of illegal behavior with legal behavior and then assumes that, if statements regarding legal behavior are credible then the allegations of illegal behavior are too. I think this is not only prejudicial in a legal context but also just plain stupid, 

For reference, similar contemporaneous accounts are key pieces of proof behind Juanita Broaddrick's rape allegations against Bill Clinton. Nevertheless, Beverly Young's yearbook was the only piece of hard evidence on the table (Moore insists he knows neither Ms. Young nor any of the women; more on that in a moment).

At best, the yearbook would prove that Moore knew her 40 years ago (and perhaps has long since forgotten) it certainly doesn’t prove he tried to rape her. It also ignores witnesses who say they never saw Moore (or Beverly Nelson for that matter) in the restaurant; that the restaurant didn’t have a parking lot or dumpsters in the back as she said it did; that the back was dimly lit; and that people sitting at the counter (where she said Moore sat every day), weren’t waited on by waitresses. 

The inscription, Gibson said, was written by Roy Moore, the Alabama Republican nominee for U.S. Senate who in recent days has repeatedly denied the accounts of five women who told The Washington Post that he pursued them when they were teenagers and he was an assistant district attorney in his 30s...Gibson said that she publicly dated Moore when she was 17 and he was 34, a relationship she said she “wore like a badge of honor” until she began reevaluating it in light of the accounts of other women, and now, Moore’s own denials.

So what? Even if true, she could date who she wanted and she dated Moore. 

What infuriated Ms. Gibson was Moore's flat denial that he knew any of the women who now say he pursued them romantically or sexually when they were teens. At first, he told Sean Hannity that he did know a few of them, but didn't recall dating them -- awkwardly equivocating on the question of whether or not he dated high schoolers as a thirty-something. Within days, his statements became more sweeping . . .

So she’s mad because he brushed her under the rug. Big damn deal.

The Post had the note analyzed by a former FBI forensic examiner, who said it appears to be authentic from that time period. He also said the handwriting and "Roy" signature strongly resemble the note inscribed in Ms. Young's yearbook. Sure enough, it does look awfully similar . . . 

And there are plenty of handwriting experts that say that you can’t authenticate a signature simply by comparing one to the other. Even if it is his signature on both documents it doesn’t prove that he did anything wrong at all other than avoid being dragged into a discussion about how creepy he is for dating a 17 year old instigated by creepy people who would see no problem if he had dated a damn man. Anyway, democrats thought being truthful were a qualification for public office, they wouldn’t have nominated a liar to be president. 

If Moore is lying about his relationship with Gibson, and about not even knowing some of these women, why should he get the benefit of the doubt on his denials of the more disturbing molestation allegations? 

If Beverly Nelson lied about the details of her story, and used the inscription she wrote to imply that Moore by his own hand tied himself to the restaurant that she claims was the scene of an attempted rape, then why should she be believed? The question is rhetorical. If voters in Alabama want to vote for Moore because Jones would be a far worse alternative, then they should do so and tell everybody else to kiss their behind.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
2.3  tomwcraig  replied to  lady in black @2    7 years ago

Don't blame Republicans for using the Democrats own methods against them.  Remember, during the impeachment trial verdict of Bill Clinton, the Democrats all voted "Not Guilty" despite there being plenty of evidence that Clinton perjured himself during his Whitewater Grand Jury testimony.  He even agreed to lose his law license and pay Paula Jones over $800,000 for that testimony when he settled with Ken Starr's replacement Special Prosecutor.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.3.1  lady in black  replied to  tomwcraig @2.3    7 years ago

Keep blaming everyone else but trump and moore for their indiscretions. 

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
2.3.2  tomwcraig  replied to  lady in black @2.3.1    7 years ago

So far we have unproven allegations against Moore and a video of Trump being uncouth, neither of which rises to the level of what Bill Clinton was impeached for or that caused Conyers or Franken to resign.  In Moore's case, there are questions as to the veracity of the allegations made by Leigh Corfman as according to the public records she could not have been alone with Moore or even near her mother's house in almost all of the supposed situations she is claiming, which makes the chance these are false allegations a likelihood.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.3.3  lady in black  replied to  tomwcraig @2.3.2    7 years ago

Yes, keep making excuses and calling the women liars.  

volfan
Freshman Silent
2.3.4  volfan  replied to  tomwcraig @2.3.2    7 years ago
So far we have unproven allegations against Moore and a video of Trump being uncouth, neither of which rises to the level of what Bill Clinton was impeached for or that caused Conyers or Franken to resign.

THIS.

volfan
Freshman Silent
2.3.5  volfan  replied to  lady in black @2.3.3    7 years ago

Tom said " so far all we have are unproven allegations"...and that means "so far all we have are unproven allegations". In America, you are innocent until proven guilty. If he gets elected and seated and there is actual proof of this, he'll get the Franken and Conyers treatment and he should.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
2.3.6  tomwcraig  replied to  lady in black @2.3.3    7 years ago

I am calling Leigh Corfman a liar as the known evidence points to that being the case.  This is what investigations are about, getting evidence that supports one claim or another, and the evidence in this case points to her lying about everything to do with her allegations of Moore.  If the public records supported her claims, I would not be calling her a liar.  I would be just asking for more proof than her word.

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
2.3.7  FedupwithFed  replied to  lady in black @2.3.1    7 years ago
Keep blaming everyone else but trump and moore for their indiscretions.

Perhaps you should PROVE your accusations???

Bourbon Street
Freshman Silent
2.3.8  Bourbon Street  replied to  volfan @2.3.5    7 years ago

If you keep insisting on providing factual statements and producing logical conclusions based on facts you'll only succeed in confusing the liberal minions - confusion leads to frustration, frustration leads to heads exploding and name calling.

Liberals don't want to hear about the rule of law or how the justice system is intended to work.

If they WERE concerned about such mundane things like that they'd demand Mullar and his band of political hacks be replaced with a special counsel without a political agenda, that  hilLIARy, Lerner, Lynch and Comey be held accountable, that the liberal party stop using the FBI, the CIA and the IRS as political weapons.......but you and I both know that the ethically/morally bereft Left is unable to rise to such noble aspirations. The average lefty isn't interested in anything except whether it's a (D) or an (R) after the name.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.3.9  magnoliaave  replied to  Bourbon Street @2.3.8    7 years ago

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Bourbon Street.

You hit it on the head!

Bourbon Street
Freshman Silent
2.3.10  Bourbon Street  replied to  magnoliaave @2.3.9    7 years ago

Thank you for the kind words. I read through many of your posts - and dare I say you have a perspective more central to the issues than a lot of us here. I'm so very sorry you've been subjected to abuse from some low-life.

My guess is that the democrats came to the conclusion that sacrificing Conyers and Franken will do little to damage the brand. Conyers and Franken come from safe districts where replacing them will not be a challenge.

The real test will be Moore. While the accusation certainly sound credible I question why it took 40 years for them to surface - and what are the odds that it would happen when Moore was in a tight race for a contested senate seat?

Still - if it can be proven that Moore broke the law - that he's a predators and/or a pedophile - I will be on the front line calling for his arrest and expulsion from the senate.

The opposite is just as true - that if he cannot be proven guilty then our justice system says he's innocent....and should be left alone.

Proof is what separates the issue with Trump and/or Moore from those with Bill Clinton, Franken and Conyers.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.3.11  magnoliaave  replied to  Bourbon Street @2.3.10    7 years ago

And, that's the issue.

If Moore is guilty, then, burn his ass!  I am not supporting Moore because I am some idiot who doesn't care, but I am a voter who will not be intimidated. 

Bourbon, I have been around the block a few times.....in AL as well as N.O.  Try Jefferson Parish for starters!  Then, lets go to Plaquemines Parish.  What was the Sheriff's name in Jeff. Parish?  Chinese.  My two cousins worked Orleans Parish in law enforcement, then, joined Jeff. Parish.  Have mercy, they had some stories.

"do you know what it means to miss New Orleans"?  I do!

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
2.3.13  FedupwithFed  replied to  Bourbon Street @2.3.8    7 years ago
If they WERE concerned about such mundane things like that they'd demand Mullar and his band of political hacks be replaced with a special counsel without a political agenda, that  hilLIARy, Lerner, Lynch and Comey be held accountable, that the liberal party stop using the FBI, the CIA and the IRS as political weapons.

Nailed it!!  Touche my friend!!  I hope they keep it up as Karma can still be a b!tch for ALL of them!  HilLIARy only got a taste of her Karma coming...

volfan
Freshman Silent
2.3.14  volfan  replied to  magnoliaave @2.3.11    7 years ago
If Moore is guilty, then, burn his ass!  I am not supporting Moore because I am some idiot who doesn't care, but I am a voter who will not be intimidated.

And this is exactly the same way I feel and I will be voting for Moore on Tues...if he's guilty...then as you said....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.15  JohnRussell  replied to  volfan @2.3.14    7 years ago

Moore is a proven liar, about these women. The handwriting examples that are in the possession of two separate women shows that he knew them and has lied about knowing them. 

The two of you intend to vote for someone who has lied about his relationship to young high school girls when he was in his thirties. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.3.16  1ofmany  replied to  JohnRussell @2.3.15    7 years ago
Moore is a proven liar, about these women. The handwriting examples that are in the possession of two separate women shows that he knew them and has lied about knowing them.

At best, it just proves that he signed something. Do you remember everything you signed and everybody you met over the last 40 years? Plus, it’s laughable for democrats to say that lying is even a factor after nominating a world class liar to be president. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.3.17  Spikegary  replied to  lady in black @2.3.3    7 years ago

No, that's Tessylo above doing that.

Junior Participates
2.3.18  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  tomwcraig @2.3    7 years ago
Remember, during the impeachment trial verdict of Bill Clinton, the Democrats all voted "Not Guilty" despite there being plenty of evidence that Clinton perjured himself during his Whitewater Grand Jury testimony.

So did 10 Republicans.  Try another false claim, tom.  We know you got a million of 'em.  

Bourbon Street
Freshman Silent
2.3.19  Bourbon Street  replied to  magnoliaave @2.3.11    7 years ago

Indeed I do miss NO. You can find reminders of the place just about anywhere - good Cajun food and a party atmosphere - but the crawfish and oysters in Louisiana are like no other.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
2.3.20  tomwcraig  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.3.18    7 years ago

I said all the Democrats voted to not convict Bill, then stated my opinion of the facts, what do the 10 Republicans have to do with it?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.3.21  arkpdx  replied to  lady in black @2.3.3    7 years ago

keep making excuses and calling the women liars.  

Is that like calling them "bimbos" and "trailer trash"? Oh wait that is what the ckuntins and their minions still call Bill's accusers. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.3.22  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  tomwcraig @2.3    7 years ago
Remember, during the impeachment trial verdict of Bill Clinton, the Democrats all voted "Not Guilty" despite there being plenty of evidence that Clinton perjured himself during

So, two wrongs make it AOK in the mind of Republicans now? Really? You want to go back to Kindergarten?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.3.23  1ofmany  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.3.22    7 years ago
So, two wrongs make it AOK in the mind of Republicans now? Really? You want to go back to Kindergarten?

There are no principles. Hypocrisy is now the norm and both sides say anything to win.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
2.3.24  tomwcraig  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.3.22    7 years ago

Here's the problem you are having regarding Roy Moore: The allegations are currently unsubstantiated, with the accusers having enough problems with their claims that they can be considered to be untruthful at worst and unreliable at best.  Al Franken admitted to some of the allegations which were also supported by photographic evidence, which requires him to resign due to the allegations being confirmed.  With Trump, there is no proof again of what he has been accused.  With Bill Clinton, he ADMITTED to lying under oath as part of his deal with Ken Starr's replacement as special prosecutor, which resulted in him losing his law license for 5 years and agreeing to pay Paula Jones $850,000 after he survived his Impeachment.  So, in hind sight, he admitted to what he was charged with by the House of Representatives, and should have been removed from office.  Do you see where the hypocrisy is now?  It's still on the side of the Democrats as they continue to be hypocrites.

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
2.4  FedupwithFed  replied to  lady in black @2    7 years ago
yet Trump is still in the WH and Moore is running for senate

Your party kept Billy BJ Boy in the WH if you want to talk about hypocrisy!  They STILL wont prosecute the child molester!

There is a difference between what Trump SAID vs what Al Franken DID!  What about the NASTY things HilLIARY SAID about women???  Are you going to string her up?

Where were Moore's accusers for the last 40 years?  He ran for multiple times, never a word...now the SENATE is more important???  Pffftttt!  What happened to all of Trumps accusers???  That paycheck only lasts for so long....

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.4.1  Jasper2529  replied to  FedupwithFed @2.4    7 years ago
What happened to all of Trumps accusers???  That paycheck only lasts for so long....

Whoever runs against him in 2019 will dust them off and trot them onto a DNC stage again.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.4.2  Ozzwald  replied to  FedupwithFed @2.4    7 years ago
Your party kept Billy BJ Boy in the WH if you want to talk about hypocrisy!

You mean the guy that had sex with another consenting adult?  Sounds like a personal matter for him, no law broken.

There is a difference between what Trump SAID vs what Al Franken DID!

You mean a difference between what Trump was accused of doing and what Franken was accused of doing?  I don't recall about hearing guilt determined on Franken's part.

Where were Moore's accusers for the last 40 years? 

Aaannd, back to victim blaming.  Where were Franken's accusers???

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
2.4.3  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  Ozzwald @2.4.2    7 years ago
You mean a difference between what Trump was accused of doing and what Franken was accused of doing?  I don't recall about hearing guilt determined on Franken's part.

Well, the photo's were very damming, but yeah, nobody proved anything against Franken, so why did he quit?  If anyone accused me of doing something and I damn well know I didn't do it, fuck if I'd quit!

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
2.4.4  FedupwithFed  replied to  Ozzwald @2.4.2    7 years ago

"You mean the guy that had sex with another consenting adult?  Sounds like a personal matter for him, no law broken."

Really?  Then WHY did he say "I did NOT have sex with that woman." ???  Why was he impeached???  Its a damn good thing she wasn't trying to blackmail him...or Russia, for that matter...just sayin'!  Wonder why he paid Paula Jones 850k and surrendered his law license?  If he wasnt so busy shoving cigars up Monica's crotch (do you think HilLIARy ever let him do that to her) and defending himself, then perhaps he could have taken care of Saddam instead of kicking the can down the road to Bush!

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." - -President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." -- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." --  Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

There is a difference between what Trump SAID vs what Al Franken DID!

"You mean a difference between what Trump was accused of doing and what Franken was accused of doing?  I don't recall about hearing guilt determined on Franken's part."

Did you miss Franken ADMITTING IT and APOLOGIZING???

Where were Moore's accusers for the last 40 years? 

"Aaannd, back to victim blaming.  Where were Franken's accusers???"

You all opened a can of worms......deal with it!  These days, its "cool" to say you were molested. #metoo...but you damn sure will let Bill Clinton slide!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.4.5  MrFrost  replied to  FedupwithFed @2.4.4    7 years ago

What exactly does Bill Clinton have to do with any of this? 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.4.6  Ozzwald  replied to  MrFrost @2.4.5    7 years ago
What exactly does Bill Clinton have to do with any of this?

Well they can't exactly point and scream BENGHAZI any more. can they?  They are having to reach further and further to find deflecting talking points.

Junior Participates
2.4.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  FedupwithFed @2.4    7 years ago

Whatever Clinton did, it never involved 14 y.o. girls.  That seems to be one of your side's specialties.  And you're going to put a child sex pervert into the Senate.  Must be proud of yourselves.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.4.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @2.4.3    7 years ago
Well, the photo's were very damming,

You mean the photo showing Franken NOT touching her breasts?

nobody proved anything against Franken, so why did he quit

Because even the accusations have put the dignity of his position into question.  Franken supported Moore dropping out of the election, unlike his Republican contemporaries, he is NOT a hypocrite.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.4.9  Ozzwald  replied to  FedupwithFed @2.4.4    7 years ago
Did you miss Franken ADMITTING IT and APOLOGIZING???

Apparently you didn't even bother reading your own linked article.  From your own link :

Franken first told reporters, "I certainly don't remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann. As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn't. I shouldn't have done it."
My question to you is why do you support something when you have to lie to justify that support?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.4.10  1ofmany  replied to  Ozzwald @2.4.8    7 years ago
Franken supported Moore dropping out of the election, unlike his Republican contemporaries, he is NOT a hypocrite.

Only a fool would quit his job over a false accusation or admit guilt just because someone else admitted guilt. A judge could clear out his criminal docket simply by putting the people who plead guilty up first and then suggesting that everybody else should plead guilty too because the others did. Of course, he'd be removed for insanity.

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
2.4.11  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  Ozzwald @2.4.8    7 years ago
You mean the photo showing Franken NOT touching her breasts?

Tell me, if he was pretending to shove his dick in her mouth, would that be ok with you also?

Like I said, if the allegations were false, I damn sure wouldn't step down.

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
2.5  FedupwithFed  replied to  lady in black @2    7 years ago
Moore is Jesus

Is that what is REALLY bothering you???

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  lady in black @2    7 years ago
He resigns,

Correction - He said he will resign in the coming weeks - AFTER the Alabama election. Could it be that Al is waiting to see if Moore wins and gets seated so he can do a 180 degree turn and say "I'm staying"????

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.6.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.6    7 years ago
He said he will resign in the coming weeks - AFTER the Alabama election. Could it be that Al is waiting to see if Moore wins and gets seated so he can do a 180 degree turn and say "I'm staying"????

Good point to ponder.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.6.2  magnoliaave  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.6.1    7 years ago

We will know soon.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.6.4  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.6    7 years ago
Correction - He said he will resign in the coming weeks - AFTER the Alabama election. Could it be that Al is waiting to see if Moore wins and gets seated so he can do a 180 degree turn and say "I'm staying"????

He should do exactly that. He did deny a few of the accusations and according to trump, if he denies it, it means it never happened. 

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
2.6.5  tomwcraig  replied to  MrFrost @2.6.4    7 years ago

And, Franken admitted to some of the allegations and apologized.  That makes what he did by resigning the only correct thing for him to do, as Moore only has unproven allegations against him compared to confirmed allegations against Franken.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  lady in black @2    7 years ago
Hypocrisy at it's finest.

The hypocrisy is you telling us that they should step down because of allegations but supported a candidate under criminal investigation.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    7 years ago

Another republican victory.  The GOP of Moore/Trump are an unstoppable monolith.

Ladies, stock up on the birth control or simply 'Just say no."

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  bbl-1 @3    7 years ago

I would say it's a victory for the lady democrats that called for his ouster....

How they all of a sudden became republicans is anyone's guess....

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Nowhere Man @3.1    7 years ago

KA - CHING

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.2  magnoliaave  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.1    7 years ago

Hey......that's a Saint's thing!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6  magnoliaave    7 years ago

Well, honestly, I don't think that Frankel should have resigned.  The woman did a "practice kiss", ....her decision. The photo was in bad taste.  He tried to kiss others?  Well?  I guess that is what is called harassment!

Colour and I both know what sexual assault is!  And, it ain't trying to get a kiss!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6.1  lady in black  replied to  magnoliaave @6    7 years ago

So sorry to hear that Magnoliaave. 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.1  magnoliaave  replied to  lady in black @6.1    7 years ago

It was reported and life goes on.  Thanks.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.2  mocowgirl  replied to  magnoliaave @6.1.1    7 years ago
It was reported and life goes on.

You are lucky.

Many survivors experience a lifetime of trauma.  Some even commit suicide.  

I rarely mention the fact that I was stalked and raped over 40 years ago by an authority figure - someone that I should have been able to trust.  It is still too painful to deal with what happened to me even now.  I learned as a teenager that some men are sexual predators with zero moral compass, but present themselves to the world as a moral family man.  

All of my sympathy is with the victims.  The sexual predators need to be outed and stopped.

Each survivor reacts to sexual violence in their own unique way. Personal style, culture, and context of the survivor’s life may affect these reactions.

Some express their emotions while others prefer to keep their feelings inside. Some may tell others right away what happened, others will wait weeks, months, or even years before discussing the assault, if they ever choose to do so.

It is important to respect each person’s choices and style of coping with this traumatic event. Whether an assault was completed or attempted, and regardless of whether it happened recently or many years ago, it may impact daily functioning. A wide range of reactions can impact victims.

Some common emotional, psychological and physical reactions follow.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6.1.3  Sunshine  replied to  mocowgirl @6.1.2    7 years ago

I am so sorry that you had to go through the pain and suffering.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6.1.4  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  mocowgirl @6.1.2    7 years ago

So sorry to read what happened to you, I can only imagine what you went through having someone you trusted violate you ... may you continue to find your inner peace

Other than being apprehensive in dark confined spaces ... I came away from what happen to me very angry and wanting to exact my revenge on just one man, my assault does not hang over me, but I will never forget the mind racing terror I felt ..  

Thank you for the link mocowgirl

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.6  mocowgirl  replied to  Sunshine @6.1.3    7 years ago
I am so sorry that you had to go through the pain and suffering.

Thank you.

The issue is that the victim's life is changed forever and not in a good way.

Back in the 70s, I was ALONE.  There was not one person I could tell - not one.  Society would have blamed me for doing something wrong.  I know this for a fact because of what I had heard and seen all of my life.  So I blamed ME.  I was ashamed and broken in ways that I did not understand for decades.   I still cannot fully share most of this on the internet - even anonymously.  I can deal with the  rage, but it is the  pain from being violated that still makes tears stream down my cheeks uncontrollably because today I KNOW the true damage done to my life, and all other girls and women's lives, because the victims are put on trial instead of the sexual predators.

This really had to stop.  It has to.

No one deserves to be molested or raped.  No one.  

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.7  Dowser  replied to  mocowgirl @6.1.6    7 years ago

Our minister molested me.  When I told my mother, she blamed me.

You're right, it changes you in ways you can't imagine, or fix.  To this day, I walk in the church and want to burst into tears...

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.8  magnoliaave  replied to  Colour Me Free @6.1.4    7 years ago

I was madder than hell!  The audacity of that man to think he could throw his damn body on me!  And, I let everyone know, too.  Of course, I was older....not a teenager.  A married woman with two sons. 

I can still see him today when he walked into my office.  Not a word he spoke, but lunged at me.  I am 5'3 and he was about 6'4,,,,,a big man in body.  Oh, well. 

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.9  mocowgirl  replied to  Colour Me Free @6.1.4    7 years ago
I can only imagine what you went through having someone you trusted violate you ...

Please understand that more children and women are molested and raped by sexual predators that they know and trust.  

Being molested and/or raped by a stranger is the exception.

Sexual predators identify and stalk their targets like every other predator.  That is why they are called predators.

Our society has viewed the victim as being responsible for making the sexual predator be a sexual predator.

I am working as I can to help change society to hold the sexual predators accountable instead of blaming their prey.

This is very painful for me....as I am sure it is for you.

For decades, I played mentally tough and pretended I was "over it".  That was not true.  I am now going through the grieving process that I was not allowed to do as a teenager, a young adult, then a young mother, and so on.  I tried to stand between my daughters and the sexual predators that they unknowingly attracted.  I don't know how successful that I was because it could be that one or both had been raped, but have kept silent for decades - just like me and just like all of us who dared not name our rapists.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.10  mocowgirl  replied to  Dowser @6.1.7    7 years ago
To this day, I walk in the church and want to burst into tears...

(((((Dowser)))))

I love you!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.11  Dowser  replied to  mocowgirl @6.1.10    7 years ago

I love you, too, very much!  It does something to you!

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6.1.13  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  mocowgirl @6.1.9    7 years ago

Thank you for the memory refresher, because not coming forward is very frustrating to me - I could not wait to let it be known, even though it was my word against his .. I said my peace, then walked off the job.  After I left, guys on the job site came forward and told management the things he had been saying about me since the job began...

I was offered my job back the same day I walked, but I refused to return - as it took the guys coming forward before he was terminated.

I truly cannot really imagine what it would be like to have to have choked on that assault for years ... I am working on being more understanding of those that did/do not feel they had any choice but to remain silent.  Your words have help me to remember to keep an open mind.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.14  mocowgirl  replied to  Colour Me Free @6.1.13    7 years ago
Your words have help me to remember to keep an open mind.

I hope so because if the goal is to end the secrecy, then we, as a society, must remember and acknowledge why these women were silent and have remained silent for decades.   

Look at all of the people who are still using any excuse to blame the victim and protect the sexual predator.

No means no.   However, sometimes the question should not have been asked in the first place.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1.15  1stwarrior  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.5    7 years ago

Not wanting to sound inappropriate, but I wonder how the 4 out of 5 Native American women who are raped by non-Indians, daily, can gain some of that support - and law enforcement protection???

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
6.1.16  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1.15    7 years ago
4 out of 5 Native American women who are raped by non-Indians, daily

What a crock of shit! lol!!

I've been surrounded by Indian reservations my whole life, so yeah, I know you are exagerating just a tad, lol!

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.17  mocowgirl  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @6.1.16    7 years ago
I've been surrounded by Indian reservations my whole life, so yeah

you should learn what is going on and support ending violence against women in your area at the very least.

A new Department of Justice study  shows that of over 2,000 women surveyed, 84 percent of Native American and Alaskan Native women have experienced violence, 56 percent have experienced sexual violence, and over 90 percent have experienced violence at the hands of a non-tribal member. Most women reported they were concerned for their safety, and around half said they had experienced physical violence like pushing, shoving, or being beaten. Over 60 percent had experienced psychological aggression or coercive control. Experts say these record numbers still underestimate the number of women affected by violence, and the infrastructure for women to report and handle incidents is underfunded.

“It’s the norm here,” Gobert says of the Blackfeet Reservation in particular. “People don’t want to address it, or face it, even though almost every family on the reservation is affected by it.”

Currently, tribal courts do not have the jurisdiction to prosecute non-tribal members for many crimes like sexual assault and rape, even if they occur on tribal land. This is a huge issue, because non-Native American men commit the majority of assaults against Native American women. There are also few resources for tribal criminal justice systems, little backup from local law enforcement, and hardly any funding from the federal government to improve these systems. And all of this contributes to the exceptionally high rates of sexual and domestic violence. 

The high levels of violence were first highlighted in 1999, when the Department of Justice released its  initial report . Since then, multiple studies on the topic have confirmed the crisis: Native Americans are 2.5 times more likely to experience sexual assault and rape than any other ethnic group in the United States.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.18  mocowgirl  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1.15    7 years ago
how the 4 out of 5 Native American women who are raped by non-Indians, daily, can gain some of that support - and law enforcement protection???

Appeal to women's groups on the internet would be my first suggestion.  It is evident that no one in US government cares.

I am still reeling from finding out how prevalent abuse is for Native American women.  

National news media does a dismal job of making us aware of what is happening in our nation most of the time.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.19  mocowgirl  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1.15    7 years ago
4 out of 5 Native American women who are raped by non-Indians,

This is for people who don't believe it and for those who want more information.

These women's voices must be heard also.

We must have better government representation for women and children and quit making excuses for sexual predators and then electing them to government office where they can make laws that forgive themselves.

No one knows this better than Native women who are survivors of   sexual assault .   Eighty percent   of the reported sexual violence against Native women is committed by white men, who do so with virtual criminal impunity because, with very few exceptions, they cannot be tried in tribal courts. Federal authorities have the authority to step in for serious crimes, like rape or murder, but   often decline to prosecute crimes   that have been committed in Indian Country. This jurisdictional black hole has created a climate that many describe as "open season" on Native women on reservations.

Amy Casselman, a former case worker for the Washoe Tribe of California and Nevada, has authored a forthcoming book on the subject:   Injustice in Indian Country: Jurisdiction, American Law, and Sexual Violence Against Native Women .   I spoke to her to find out why Native women have been left so vulnerable, and what can be done about it.

VICE: What motivated you to write this book?
Amy Casselman :   In 2009, I had the honor of meeting a woman named Lavetta Elk who in 2003 was assaulted near her home on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation by her Army recruiter Staff Sergeant Joseph Kopf. By strategically choosing to assault her on Indian land, he leveraged his identity as a non-Native person to get away with his crime.  

Despite this, she did not give up. Instead she aimed higher, and   sued the US government for reparations   based on treaty rights and won, culminating in one of the most significant legal victories for Native people in recent history. But remember, despite this, her assailant did not pay for his crime—the United States of America did, and Kopf is still a free man.

"Indian country is the only place where race becomes a de jure factor in criminal prosecution." —   Amy Casselman

That's horrible. How did we get into this mess?
The biggest turning point was in 1978, when a US Supreme Court case called   Oliphant v. Suquamish   was decided, effectively racializing jurisdiction in America. The Court ruled that no tribal government has criminal jurisdiction over non-Native people. This case stemmed from an incident where Mark David Oliphant, who had been living and working on a reservation, assaulted a tribal police officer. He didn't think that he should be held accountable because he was white, and the Supreme Court agreed with him. Since then, Native people have not been able to prosecute non-Native people.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.20  Kavika   replied to  mocowgirl @6.1.19    7 years ago

The violence against women act excluded Native women. The last time it came up the Republicans were the ones that fought against Native women being included. Finally they are now covered by VAWA except for Alaska Natives. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.21  Kavika   replied to  Capt. Cave Man @6.1.16    7 years ago
I've been surrounded by Indian reservations my whole life, so yeah, I know you are exagerating just a tad, lol!

If that is a fact then you're ignorant of the facts. Try again CCM.

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
6.1.22  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  mocowgirl @6.1.17    7 years ago
you should learn what is going on

First, you should learn how to read.  He said, "4 out of 5 Native American women who are raped by non Indians, daily."  Nothing you posted can support that outrageous remark, nor will you ever find anything to support it.

What you have shown, and what is a known issue is Native American alcoholism has lead to a relatively high amount of Native American women being sexually assaulted by a member of their own family.  It is a sad fact, but it is a fact, whereas, non Indians, raping 95% of all Native American women on a daily basis is just a bunch of bullshit, and that is all I was saying.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.23  mocowgirl  replied to  Kavika @6.1.20    7 years ago

Has it made any difference?

I googled "rape on Indian reservations" and just could not bear to read all of the entries.  Sometimes, I just can't mentally deal with how segments of US society goes on a few justice jaunts and then pretends that the issue is being addressed or has been resolved.

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
6.1.24  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  Kavika @6.1.21    7 years ago
If that is a fact then you ignorant of the facts. Try again CCM.

You are wrong, admit it.

I know many Native American women, of the Mille Lacs Band of the Ojibwe, who are not raped daily.  The persons comment said that 4 out of 5 Native American women are raped daily, that is bullshit, and I called him on it.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.25  mocowgirl  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @6.1.22    7 years ago
daily."

I ignored the "daily" remark because I knew this was next to impossible.

Instead, I concentrated on finding information about Native American women being raped and found out that it is true that 80 out of 100 rapes are committed by non-tribe members and those rapists are protected by  the US government.   I find that completely unacceptable and barbaric.  

I have read that alcoholism is a major problem on the reservations, but according to the information on NA women being raped, alcoholism among NA men is not the major issue.

The major issue are the non-native men who are rapists - period.

Why does anyone defend rapists in a "civilized" society?

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.26  Kavika   replied to  Capt. Cave Man @6.1.24    7 years ago
I know many Native American women, of the Mille Lacs Band of the Ojibwe, who are not raped daily.  The persons comment said that 4 out of 5 Native American women are raped daily, that is bullshit, and I called him on it.

Perhaps you should read the stat's on rape and abuse of Native women. As for the Anishinaabe of Mille Lacs Band, say Boozhoo to Melanie B. for me. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.27  Kavika   replied to  mocowgirl @6.1.23    7 years ago

It has in some instances, but there is still a long way to go. The confusion and over lapping jurisdiction and lack of response by fed's are still a big problem. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6.1.28  Spikegary  replied to  mocowgirl @6.1.2    7 years ago

My niece was raped when trying to help someone several years ago.  She has turned that experience into a mission, she speaks all over the country about female empowerment.  Any man that rapes a woman (or even visa-versa) deserves no quarter from those that they have attacked.  She put her attacker in prison for a long time.  I'm happy that she has been able to move on with her life and made lemonade out of the lemons this asshole gave her. 

I hope the best for you.  If you or anyone else would like to know when/where she will be speaking, I'll be happy to talk to you privately by chat or message.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.29  mocowgirl  replied to  Spikegary @6.1.28    7 years ago

Thank you and thank your niece for helping rape victims.  What she is doing is invaluable to rape victims.

I really did not have the option of filing charges without possibly being murdered for doing so.  

Instead I spent decades acting "normal" around the man that raped me because he was a family member in a family that is the epitome of dysfunctional.   

Over a decade ago, I finally managed to sever all ties with my biological family that I only met when I was 17 yrs old.  

Then in 2009, I joined Newsvine, and in a few years, met many wonderful women who shared their stories of rape, abuse, survival and healing.  Because those women had the courage to share and relive the horrors of rape, I managed to admit a little bit of what had happened to me, but I doubt that I could ever fully share the pain and confusion of what happened to me as a naive teenager and how it felt to be violated every time I had to allow my rapist to touch me as a member of the family for decades.

I will say that I can understand why and how teenagers are preyed upon by men because not only did it happen to me, I have seen it happen many times over the years.  In fact, I once had a 28 year old married man want to date my 13 year daughter.  I told him Hell no.  He said when she turned 16 and I told him that my daughter would never be old enough to date him and he was no longer welcome at my home.  When my daughter was 16, I had a divorced man in his 40s want to date her!  I realize that I was in Arkansas, but this should not be acceptable anywhere!  

I will note that by the time that my daughters were teenagers, I had made it known that I felt castration should be the first order of business for anyone who dared violate either one of my daughters and I knew how to do it.  Again, parents really shouldn't have to talk like raving psychos in order to protect their daughters from the community's sexual predators.  

Innocent until proven guilty should be the norm, but remember that child predators usually appear trustworthy and respectable because if they did not, we would not allow them access to our children.   Successful predators are those who know how to pick their prey.  Prey that doesn't have herd protection.  The herd needs to recognize the predators and quit protecting them.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1.30  1stwarrior  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @6.1.16    7 years ago

Ya know Capt. - I could give you so many stats that it would make your head swim.  Here are a few to document my statement.  It's possible the term "daily" doesn't apply to ALL reservations, but it does to many, especially those close to or in big cities.  Big city cops just love to ignore Native Americans unless they can throw them in jail (yes, prison is rapidly becoming Native American's largest reservation) - hence the passage of two extremely important laws - the Tribal Law and Order Act of 2010 and The Violence Against Women's Reauthorization Act of 2013.  Now, the tribes/nations can arrest and prosecute rapists who are non-tribal/nation members - specifically non-Indians - except Congress still hasn't gotten around to funding either Act nor to funding the Native American Law Enforcement personnel with equipment (rape kits, etc.) and personnel.  But, expecting Congress or the White Community to follow through on their words given to Native Americans is exactly like pissing in the wind.

Yes, alcoholism on the reservations is a problem, but the biggest problem is the non-Indian people who "roam" freely on the reservations (lack of LEO personnel/funding), breaking tribal/nation laws/rules/procedures/policies/traditions.  The vast majority (88%) of rapists on the reservations are NON-INDIAN.  Why?  Because they know/knew that the tribes/nations could do nothing to enforce the laws regarding Indian vs. non-Indian, as mentioned by Mocowgirl, under the Oliphant decision (thank you Rehnquist Court).  However, with the passage of the above two acts, and the Lara decision of SCOTUS, non-Indians can and are being held accountable for their inappropriate/illegal actions on reservations - except - funding/support from DOJ/non-Indian communities/lack of personnel - prevents the tribes/nations for exercising their due jurisdictional processes.

In the future, I would request that you question either me or Kavika regarding your misunderstandings regarding Native Americans and their legal standings.  There are other Native Americans on NT who are also willing to openly and honestly discuss Native American culture/tradition/heritage/religious practices.  Please don't take the antagonistic approach either - we're people also.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
6.1.31  Nowhere Man  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1.30    7 years ago

And, just to add another point, I've been on and off reservations for decades, and I agree 100% with 1st here. If your only occasionally involved you cannot actually see the problem......

Now don't get me wrong there are many things I disagree with 1st on especially where it comes to Indian law, and those have been vehement disagreements.

But on this one I'm 100% behind him. The law should not be set up to protect such people from the proper retribution for their actions.... AS far as I'm concerned there should be 100% legal reciprocity. You commit a crime on the reservation you are subject to RES law....

And it should not be left to the political whims of a body in which they are underrepresented in to the point of being a travesty. Or a federal agency that is more concerned with the corporatists than the people they are supposed to serve.

WE are all American Citizens WE all deserve the same rights, the same respect and the same dignity.

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
6.1.32  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1.30    7 years ago
Ya know Capt. - I could give you so many stats that it would make your head swim.

I apprecieate your stats, but, I contradicted your statement that said 4 out of 5 are raped daily...  Not all Native Americans live in the shit holes you are obviously referencing.  In Minnesota, we all live with each other.  Out west, I suppose it could be a different story, but out west is not the majority either.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1.33  1stwarrior  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @6.1.32    7 years ago

Not necessarily true.  Cali has the largest Native population in the U. S.

Check with the tribes/nations that live in the mid-West - ND, SD, WI, MT, ID, NV, OR, WA, CA, AZ, OK, etc..  There are also some tribes/nations in MI/MN who have the same issues - but they are smaller tribes closer to metro's.

It's a very serious situation - one that ALL the tribes/nations need to come together on to combat.  We've got the legal backing - just not the financial.

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
6.1.34  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1.33    7 years ago
Cali has the largest Native population in the U. S.

You have a point, when talking state vs. state, but I reference the entire population east of the Mississippi.  But that really doesn't matter.  Yes, I know the conditions at the Pine Ridge are horrible, but for every Pine Ridge, there is a Fon du lac, or Prarie Is.  On average, the conditions on the Res. are not good, but there are some places that are fairly nice, such as the Lake Lena village near where I lived.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2  Split Personality  replied to  magnoliaave @6    7 years ago

One also has to take into account who Leeanne Tweeden was and how she performed on stage with unsuspecting troops that she "assaulted" as well as the Robin Williams "assault".

She was a performer and sometimes comedian who fooled around with the rest of the USO crew regularly.

How does she have a copy of the "groping" photo?  Al Franken gave it to her after she woke up.  It apparently wasn't a big deal for 11 years...

It's also unfortunate that she proclaims to be a staunch Republican and friend of Hannity...............

Nope, no politics there at all.../s

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.2  Split Personality  replied to    7 years ago

The facts are victim shaming?

Maybe they're why she stayed quiet about the one kiss for 11 years.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Split Personality @6.2    7 years ago
How does she have a copy of the "groping" photo?   Al Franken gave it to her after she woke up.

Hmmm that's an odd comment. Media reports have stated that the tour personnel were given a CD of photos and none of them state that Franken gave her that photo: 

It wasn’t until I was back in the US and looking through the CD of photos we were given by the photographer that I saw this one:

“[Franken] knew that I wouldn’t see that photo until I got home,” she said, adding that the photo was included in a CD given to talent after the tour ended.  

Then when she returned to the U.S. and received a CD of photos from the trip,  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.4  Split Personality  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.3    7 years ago

Hmmm that's an odd comment. Media reports have stated that the tour personnel were given a CD of photos and none of them state that Franken gave her that photo

Then I'm guilty of repeating hearsay.....my bad.

Doesn't change the fact that no one hid the photo from her, bad taste or not, it passed some sort of editing that someone thought was "OK", and that she would be ok with.

Guess the USO was wrong too...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.4    7 years ago

Doesn't change the fact that no one hid the photo from her, bad taste or not,

I haven't seen any evidence of anyone saying that the photo was hidden from her.

it passed some sort of editing that someone thought was "OK", and that she would be ok with.

What "editing"? Can you prove that the photo is edited? I hope so, for your sake.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.6  Split Personality  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.5    7 years ago
What "editing"? Can you prove that the photo is edited? I hope so, for your sake.

wHO SAID THE PHOTO WAS EDITED????????????

Do you think the USO photo unit sent every photo they took?

Or is it reasonable to assume that someone chose which photos to put on the official USO DVD for that particular tour?

That kind of editing.........<eye roll  >

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.8  Split Personality  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.2.7    7 years ago

Where's Dowser?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.9  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.8    7 years ago

confused   OK sorry the CAPS Lock was on there.........

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
6.2.10  Dowser  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.8    7 years ago

Right here, what can I help you with?

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.2.11  magnoliaave  replied to  Split Personality @6.2    7 years ago

No, it was not a big deal to her until the "witch hunt". 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
6.2.12  Dowser  replied to  magnoliaave @6.2.11    7 years ago

witch hunt?  I'm sorry, I don't understand...  Have you reported it?  Please do, and I'll get to it as soon as I can!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.2.14  magnoliaave  replied to  Dowser @6.2.12    7 years ago

Thank you.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6.2.15  Spikegary  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.4    7 years ago

So, 11 years is a no-go for you, so then what about 40 years in the case of Moore?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.16  Split Personality  replied to  Spikegary @6.2.15    7 years ago

Frankly they are different enough in creepiness ( a 30 year old dating high school girls?)

but Moore deserves the same level of skepticism.

If I lived in AL I would be much more concerned about his removal from the bench, not once, but twice, for some form of contempt,

and some off the wall remarks about slavery and family values.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.3  mocowgirl  replied to  magnoliaave @6    7 years ago
The woman did a "practice kiss", ....her decision.

What point does " practice kiss" become unacceptable to you?  

I seriously want to understand what you consider an actress should be subjected to in a performance.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.3.1  magnoliaave  replied to  mocowgirl @6.3    7 years ago

I am glad you asked.

Practice kiss in a theatrical production.  Doesn't exist.  When we had a "kiss" in our productions it would be a cheek to cheek thing.....not the actual kiss.  Was no need for it.  The Director would tell us what the kiss meant.....passionate, friendly, etc.  Certainly, in a comedy scene this would not be rehearsed unless it was followed up by more comedic reactions afterwards.  Of course, the kiss at that point was comedic.

Anymore questions?

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.3.3  magnoliaave  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.3.2    7 years ago

Love it.   You never disappoint!

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.3.5  mocowgirl  replied to  magnoliaave @6.3.1    7 years ago

"He said to me, 'We need to rehearse the kiss.' I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, 'Relax Al, this isn't SNL. … We don’t need to rehearse the kiss'," she wrote in a lengthy and detailed post on KABC's website.

"He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable."

Tweeden said she reluctantly agreed to rehearse the line leading up to the kiss and that's when Franken "came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth."

"I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn't be so nice about it the next time," she said. "I felt disgusted and violated."

Thanks for the reply.

According to your reply, women should not be subjected to having a man stick their tongue in a woman's mouth during a "practice" kiss for a comedic skit.

If Franken is not intelligent enough to recognize basic boundaries, then he should resign.  Better yet, he should have never been elected to office and would not have if our society had not condoned that type of mistreatment of women in the first place.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.3.6  magnoliaave  replied to  mocowgirl @6.3.5    7 years ago

For any kiss! 

When the cameras are rolling or when the play onstage is happening that is when the real kissing, etc. happens.  You get into then. 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.3.7  magnoliaave  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.3.4    7 years ago

omg!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3.8  Tessylo  replied to  mocowgirl @6.3.5    7 years ago
"He said to me, 'We need to rehearse the kiss.' I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, 'Relax Al, this isn't SNL. … We don’t need to rehearse the kiss'," she wrote in a lengthy and detailed post on KABC's website. "He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable." "Tweeden said she reluctantly agreed to rehearse the line leading up to the kiss and that's when Franken "came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth." "I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn't be so nice about it the next time," she said. "I felt disgusted and violated." I don't believe a word of it. She's a right wing lying bitch.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6.3.10  Spikegary  replied to  mocowgirl @6.3    7 years ago

She said she did not want to do the practice kiss, turned her head, Franken grabbed her and forced the kiss on her.

FedupwithFed
Freshman Silent
6.4  FedupwithFed  replied to  magnoliaave @6    7 years ago
The woman did a "practice kiss", ....her decision.

Come again?  No cigar!  In Franken's case, his target was an attractive model, Leeann Tweeden.  He wrote her into a comedy skit in which he made sure he got to kiss her. He insisted on a rehearsal. She said 'no' repeatedly, but Franken was adamant. He took advantage of her during the practice kiss ...

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.4.1  magnoliaave  replied to  FedupwithFed @6.4    7 years ago

Her choice for a practice kiss~

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.5  MrFrost  replied to  magnoliaave @6    7 years ago

Agreed. And no one who is going to commit sexual assault asks a photographer to record the moment. Even tweeden admitted the photo was staged. And honestly, how much boob are you going to grab through a flack jacket? 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.5.1  Split Personality  replied to  MrFrost @6.5    7 years ago

Zero

it was a sophomoric attempt at AL's brand of comedy at the time...........

if it was so offensive, why did the USO include it in their final tour photos DVD for the participants?

Obviously the photographer of the picture who participated with Franken

and the editor of the DVD should also resign for their bad judgement.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.5.2  MrFrost  replied to  Split Personality @6.5.1    7 years ago

I don't think anyone, even Franken has not conceded that it was in poor taste. But a sexual assault? No, not even close. As to tweeden claiming he kissed her back stage? Yea, ok, not too classy, but she had to kiss him on stage for the skit.. So... in front of people ok, but in practice not ok? Kind of a mixed signal there. Also, she admitted that she was not asleep when the picture was taken and she knew it was a staged photo. Took her a long time to be offended by all of this and she is a far right wing trump supporter. I think she saw an opportunity to exploit the current climate and take a stab at Franken. What hasn't made the news nearly as much is the letter signed by literally HUNDREDS of women that worked on SNL over the years saying Al had NEVER in any way assaulted any of them. Weird. 

At the end of the day, I am glad Franken resigned, despite the fact that I think he was a very good addition to congress and he is right, he was accused and resigned, meanwhile, not only is the GOP turning their backs on Roy Moore, they have started to funnel millions of dollars to his campaign. Hey, they don't want to call him out? Fine. But openly funding his campaign? Sorry, I am not ok with it. In the long run, this will hurt the repubs at the polls. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.5.3  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @6.5.2    7 years ago
"I don't think anyone, even Franken has not conceded that it was in poor taste. But a sexual assault? No, not even close. As to tweeden claiming he kissed her back stage? Yea, ok, not too classy, but she had to kiss him on stage for the skit.. So... in front 6.5.1.1 MrFrost replied to Split Personality @6.5.1 9 hours ago I don't think anyone, even Franken has not conceded that it was in poor taste. But a sexual assault? No, not even close. As to tweeden claiming he kissed her back stage? Yea, ok, not too classy, but she had to kiss him on stage for the skit.. So... in front of people ok, but in practice not ok? Kind of a mixed signal there. Also, she admitted that she was not asleep when the picture was taken and she knew it was a staged photo. Took her a long time to be offended by all of this and she is a far right wing trump supporter. I think she saw an opportunity to exploit the current climate and take a stab at Franken. What hasn't made the news nearly as much is the letter signed by literally HUNDREDS of women that worked on SNL over the years saying Al had NEVER in any way assaulted any of them. Weird." Then she went on a news program the other day crying crocodile tears about the whole incident. Bitch

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    7 years ago

Better title: AL Franken resigns, calls accusers liars. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    7 years ago

One can see the POTUS & Roy Moore, Harvey Weinstein and others lined up to call their accusers liars every week lately.

Franken has apologized to Tweeden twice and she publically accepted. 

Franken has apologized to others and issued a blanket apology for the alleged groping during photos.

IS Remembering things differently from a decade ago lying?

If so then we are all in trouble...

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
7.1.1  Rmando  replied to  Split Personality @7.1    7 years ago

Franken has not once admitted anything any of the women said is true except for the photograph.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Rmando @7.1.1    7 years ago
Franken has not once admitted anything any of the women said is true except for the photograph.

Exactly, and trump said that if he denies it, it never happened. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Rmando @7.1.1    7 years ago

and AF hasn't called one a liar yet.......

unlike most of the other accused.....

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
7.1.4  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @7.1.3    7 years ago

Well lets see....

Two unnamed women

The allegations: Two anonymous women told the Huffington Post that Franken touched their behinds in two separate incidents. The first woman alleged that Franken groped her while they took a photo together at a June 2007 event hosted by the Minnesota Women’s Political Caucus. At the time of the alleged incident, Franken was running for the U.S. Senate.

The second woman claimed that Franken grabbed her behind in 2008 at a Democratic fundraiser. She said that Franken then suggested that the two go to the bathroom together.

Franken’s response: Franken told the Huffinton Post: “It’s difficult to respond to anonymous accusers, and I don’t remember those campaign events.”

Regarding the second woman’s allegations, Franken told Huffington Post: “I can categorically say that I did not proposition anyone to join me in any bathroom.”

Stephanie Kemplin

The allegations: Kemplin, an Army veteran, told CNN in a story published on Thursday that Franken allegedly groped her in December 2003. She said she was stationed in Kuwait, and she met Franken when he toured with the USO. She said that Franken groped her right breast while the two took a photo.

“I remember clenching up and how you just feel yourself flushed,” she told CNN. “And I remember thinking — is he going to move his hand? Was it an accident? Was he going to move his hand? He never moved his hand.”

Franken’s response: A spokesperson for Franken said in a statement: “As Sen. Franken made clear this week, he takes thousands of photos and has met tens of thousands of people and he has never intentionally engaged in this kind of conduct. He remains fully committed to cooperating with the ethics investigation.”

An unnamed elected official in New England

The allegations: The woman told Jezebel that Franken attempted to give her a “wet, open-mouthed kiss” in 2006 at a live taping of Franken’s show at the time, Air America. “I was stunned and incredulous. I felt demeaned. I felt put in my place,” she told Jezebel about the alleged incident.

Franken’s response: Franken has not yet commented on the woman’s claims.

A former Democratic congressional aide

The allegations: The unnamed woman told Politico that Franken tried to forcibly kiss her after the taping of his radio show in 2006 when she was in her mid-20s. She said that the alleged incident occurred once her boss had left the room. When she tried to leave the room, Franken allegedly told her: “It’s my right as an entertainer.’”

Franken’s response: Franken told Politico in a statement: This allegation is categorically not true and the idea that I would claim this as my right as an entertainer is preposterous. I look forward to fully cooperating with the ongoing ethics committee investigation.”

Tina Dupuy

The allegations: In an essay for the Atlantic, Dupuy alleged that Franken groped her at a Media Matters party during President Barack Obama’s inauguration in 2009. “He immediately put his hand on my waist, grabbing a handful of flesh. I froze. Then he squeezed. At least twice,” Dupuy wrote. “Al Franken’s familiarity was inappropriate and unwanted. It was also quick; he knew exactly what he was doing.”

Franken’s response: Franken has yet to comment on Dupuy’s claims.

Care of Time Magazine....

Lets hear it from good old AL himself......

"Over the last few weeks, a number of women have come forward to talk about how they felt my actions had affected them. I was shocked. I was upset. But in responding to their claim, I also wanted to be respectful of that broader conversation. Because all women deserve to be heard and their experiences taken seriously. I think that was the right thing to do. I also think it gave some people the false impression that I was admitting to doing things that in fact I haven't done. Some of the allegations against me are simply not true . Others I remember very differently."

That's a remarkable statement. Franken is simultaneously saying that he believes the women who have accused him have a right to be heard while also making very clear that he is not admitting he had done the things they alleged.

Al Franken's totally unapologetic resignation

That's from CNN Politics......

Care to revise your claim that he hasn't called anyone a liar yet??

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
7.1.5  1ofmany  replied to  Split Personality @7.1.3    7 years ago

The picture was proof. 

unlike most of the other accused....

The others say they’re innocent and there’s no proof to the contrary.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  1ofmany @7.1.5    7 years ago
The picture was proof. No it wasn't - it was staged. There were other folks there too. He never groped her. She was not asleep.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @7.1    7 years ago
Franken has apologized to Tweeden twice and she publically accepted. Then the phony bitch went on some news program crying crocodile tears

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
7.1.8  1ofmany  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.6    7 years ago

The picture was proof.

No it wasn't - it was staged. There were other folks there too. He never groped her. She was not asleep.

Nope, he groped her and photographed it to be funny.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
7.1.9  1ofmany  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.7    7 years ago
Franken has apologized to Tweeden twice and she publically accepted.

So?

Then the phony bitch went on some news program crying crocodile tears

Maybe she can join those who made accusations against Roy Moore and start a “phony bitch club”.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1.10  Split Personality  replied to  Nowhere Man @7.1.4    7 years ago
Thanks for once again, a long reply, and corroborating what I originally said. Franken, unlike Trump, Weinstein, Moore and others has not used the word 'liar' and has tried to address the accusations. It seems however the more he insists, the more certain people disbelieve.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1.11  Split Personality  replied to  1ofmany @7.1.8    7 years ago
You cannot grope anything through a flak jacket, hence the exaggerated mime.........

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1.12  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @7.1.11    7 years ago
and an official USO photographer was involved shouldn't we be hunting him down also for conspiracy? And if it was an assault and not some sophomoric prank why did the USO include the photo in the official DVD of memories of the tour? Maybe we should hunt down whoever assembled the DVD and punish him/her also?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
7.1.13  1ofmany  replied to  Split Personality @7.1.11    7 years ago
You cannot grope anything through a flak jacket.

He doesn't have a right to use her titties as a stage prop whether they're in a flak jacket or not. Would it be OK if he hung his junk over her face if the two didn't actually touch?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  1ofmany @7.1.13    7 years ago
He doesn't have a right to useher titties as a stage prop whether they're in a flak jacket or not. Would it be OK if he hung his junk over her face if the two didn't actually touch?

He never touched this lying bitch's titties as you so crudely put it.  

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
7.1.15  1ofmany  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.14    7 years ago

Can he walk behind her and cup her ass cheeks, if he doesn't actually touch them? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  1ofmany @7.1.15    7 years ago

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Where do you come up with these scenarios?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  1ofmany @7.1.9    7 years ago
Maybe she can join those who made accusations against Roy Moore and start a “phony bitch club”.

Why?  They're not lying bitches like this skank.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
7.1.18  1ofmany  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.16    7 years ago
Where do you come up with these scenarios?

They're the logical extension of your comment that he's OK because he didn't actually touch her.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  1ofmany @7.1.13    7 years ago
He doesn't have a right to use her titties as a stage prop whether they're in a flak jacket or not. Would it be OK if he hung his junk over her face if the two didn't actually touch?

Sounds like one of your sick and twisted fantasies - not Mr. Franken.  

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
7.1.20  1ofmany  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.17    7 years ago
Why? They're not lying bitches like this skank.

How do you know?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
7.1.21  1ofmany  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.19    7 years ago
Sounds like one of your sick and twisted fantasies - not Mr. Franken.

One fantasy leads to another. He started it by playing with her titties.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1.22  Split Personality  replied to  1ofmany @7.1.20    7 years ago
Funny stuff......... now Al Franken can add the following supporters if he decides to postpone his resignation like Congressman Franks. Newt Gingrich, Larua Ingrahams, Carl Tuckerson, John Ziegler and Ari Fleicher have all expressed that he should not resign to a "lynch mob". We shall wait and see how this plays out.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  1ofmany @7.1.18    7 years ago
logical

LOL!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  1ofmany @7.1.21    7 years ago
He started it by playing with her titties.

Skirting the CoC [ph]

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
7.1.25  1ofmany  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.24    7 years ago
How old are you? Does mommy know you're on the computer?

Did Franken's mommy know that he photographs himself playing with the titties of sleeping women?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
7.1.27  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @7.1.10    7 years ago
has not used the word 'liar' and has tried to address the accusations.

He has said the allegations, (some of them not all) ARE NOT TRUE!

If they are not true, then he is claiming that they are false.... If they are false then they are liars.....

And your not so stupid to not understand this.

He may not have said the word "liar" but he in fact did call them liars. Cause if Franken is to be believed then the women told a falsehood which is a lie...

But excuse me Moore has said the exact same things several times yet he is the liar of the century......

So I guess you have explained it to us...

Democrats always tell the truth and any allegation against one is a boldfaced dirty lie, (despite their admissions to the behavior) and Republicans always lie and any allegation against them is the absolute truth, (despite any lack of evidence proving the allegation)

Got it...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1.28  Split Personality  replied to  Nowhere Man @7.1.27    7 years ago
yet he is the liar of the century......

Moore claims to have never met some of his accusers despite the evidence to the contrary.

I think Moore wouldn't stand a chance of being liar of the century against Trump or Bill Clinton or several others I can think of like John Edwards.

They all do enjoy splitting words / hairs, don't they?

volfan
Freshman Silent
7.1.30  volfan  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.14    7 years ago
He never touched this lying bitch's titties as you so crudely put it .

The irony of that statement....Digging a whole

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
7.1.31  Nowhere Man  replied to  NORMAN-D @7.1.29    7 years ago

Nice palm job there.....

I once did something similar with a lady acquaintance quite innocently and apologized immediately for it, she was very gracious in accepting my apology and we parted...

Later in the bar, she joined  me at the bar and asked what the apology was about, so I explained it to her. I had inappropriately touched her and professed my innocence and apologized again... all she could do is giggle and call me silly, said it wasn't a big deal, we were both grownups and besides where else was I supposed to put my hands? I told her that I could have put them behind my back, and she said but that wouldn't have looked very natural would it.....

She said I could have let my arm hang down as to be out of the pic, but then she said no it still wouldn't have looked natural.... and giggled again

After a while of chatting and having a good time sitting at the bar sipping drinks, she got up and made her apologies for leaving leaned in and gave me a peck on the cheek, and whispered her room number to me..... (with the most wonderful come hither smile I've ever seen)

I didn't go up, but I've always wondered what she had in mind.....

Some ladies have class to recognize an accidental touching compared to a deliberate purposeful touching.......

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
7.1.33  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @7.1.28    7 years ago

Yes they do......

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
7.1.34  1ofmany  replied to  Split Personality @7.1.28    7 years ago
I think Moore wouldn't stand a chance of being liar of the century against Trump or Bill Clinton or several others I can think of like John Edwards.

Nobody can touch Hillary Clinton. She has been lying incessantly for 40 years and isn’t even breathing hard. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
7.1.35  Nowhere Man  replied to  1ofmany @7.1.34    7 years ago
She has been lying incessantly for 40 years and isn’t even breathing hard.

That is only cause she hasn't had the right person lying with her.....

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
8  Rmando    7 years ago

Good news, liberals. Trump has followed Frankens lead and announced his own resignation. He said he'll be leaving sometime around January 2025.

volfan
Freshman Silent
8.1  volfan  replied to  Rmando @8    7 years ago

I bow to you

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9  Sean Treacy    7 years ago

Let's  see if he actually resigns.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
11  arkpdx    7 years ago

This says it best

Link

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
12  seeder  Colour Me Free    7 years ago

WOW!  I did not see one purple CoC violation as I read through comments just now  ................Party

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.1  Split Personality  replied to  Colour Me Free @12    7 years ago
I think Perry was off on Thursday... or so I was told.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
12.1.1  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Split Personality @12.1    7 years ago

Could be ... but do not quote Bad Fish :) ...

I am thinking other mods should have been available had very many flags had gone up  ...... well at least I think they would!

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
12.1.3  seeder  Colour Me Free  replied to  Release The Kraken @12.1.2    7 years ago

Yep, something is wrong .. the power must be waning, thus creating the puffed up purple'ness!?! 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
12.1.4  Spikegary  replied to  Split Personality @12.1    7 years ago

It's Perrie.  Few of the other mods do much of anything.  Uncle Bruce sometimes.....once in a blue moon one of the others will show up.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
14  Nowhere Man    7 years ago

Well it's gotten down to insult time now... The liberals on the board have lost the debate again and are hoisting the insult flag....

(typical behavior when they cannot prove their case and get all emotional cause the facts don't back up their drivel)

It's all they have left.....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Nowhere Man @14    7 years ago

NM has had the rather prolonged habit of declaring himself or his position the "winner" in debates.

It's consistently comical.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1    7 years ago

I've come to realize that NM is just fucking with people when he does that.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  LMM @14.1.2    7 years ago

with a strainer?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  LMM @14.1.4    7 years ago

and a hell of a lot of torque

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  NORMAN-D @14.1.8    7 years ago

How would you know? You're not Nowhere Man....are you?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14.1.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  NORMAN-D @14.1.6    7 years ago
I don't recall any such declaration here. I do, however expect informed, sourced and intelligent debate by those who disagree

Did you just admit to being Nowhere Man?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
14.1.11  Nowhere Man  replied to  Trout Giggles @14.1.10    7 years ago

Now you are being funny...

volfan
Freshman Silent
14.1.12  volfan  replied to  NORMAN-D @14.1.7    7 years ago

I saw this today!! BAM!! MAGA applause

And the GDP has been revised up to 3.3 from 3.0 third quarter as well...in spite of the hurricanes and the devastation from it! Better than all the years of the obummer ADM!!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
14.2  magnoliaave  replied to  Nowhere Man @14    7 years ago

And, that's a fact. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
14.2.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  magnoliaave @14.2    7 years ago
And, that's a fact.

Yes mam, it is, an absolute historical fact....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
15  JohnRussell    7 years ago

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/08/roy-moore-accuser-admits-forged-part-yearbook-inscription-attributed-to-alabama-senate-candidate.html"

"During her original press conference with Allred in November, Nelson attributed the entire inscription to Moore. "He wrote in my yearbook as follows: 'To a sweeter more beautiful girl, I could not say Merry Christmas, Christmas, 1977, Love, Roy Moore, Olde Hickory House. Roy Moore, DA,'" she said.

The latter part of the inscription after the signature reads: “12-22-77 Olde Hickory House.”

At the time, Nelson did not admit to writing the date and name of the restaurant herself. The implication was that it had been written by Moore.

Moore has denied signing the yearbook and said he did not know Nelson at the time. Moore, who went on to become a judge and then the chief justice of the Alabama State Supreme Court, later ruled against Nelson in a 1999 divorce case.

The Moore campaign did not immediately respond to the development, but they are likely to pounce on the altering of Nelson’s story, as they have questioned the authenticity of the inscription since she surfaced last month.

Nelson and Allred have scheduled a press conference on Thursday afternoon, with Allred saying she will distribute a report from an expert that indicates the signature in Beverly’s yearbook is Moore’s."

---------------------------------

The handwriting in Debbie Gibson's graduation card, signed "Roy" is identical to the handwriting in the yearbook. If Moore "pounces" on the 'altering' revealed today, and the voters believe him, they will show themselves to be easily duped and fooled morons.

It is up in the air, lol.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
15.2  sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell @15    7 years ago
implication

Oh what a wonderful way of saying I lied.  Her boyfriend said she lied, her step-son said she is a liar, people from the restaurant said she lied.  She lied about the the yearbook.  She didn't imply anything until it looked like there was a possibility the handwriting would be turned over.

In a court of law, when a witness is caught in a lie, they lose all credibility and nothing they answered to before and from that point forward would be considered the truth.

As I've said, the low Liberals will go to has not been established yet.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
17  1ofmany    7 years ago

People explain why they're voting for Roy Moore. Tough crowd. 

volfan
Freshman Silent
17.1  volfan  replied to  1ofmany @17    7 years ago

mainly because we are sick of the establishment (both sides), the lying biased media, and we will not let some outsiders tell us how to vote and then when that doesn't work have some make up/ exaggerate some bullcrap cocamamie stories to character assassinate someone in order to steal a Senate seat based on innuendo and lies.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
17.1.1  1ofmany  replied to  volfan @17.1    7 years ago

I get the impression that, for many in Alabama, voting for Moore is a way to not only hold a Republican seat but also to flip the finger at democrats, outsiders, the MSM, and the Republican establishment in one motion. 

volfan
Freshman Silent
17.1.2  volfan  replied to  1ofmany @17.1.1    7 years ago

You hit the nail on the head!!

Lynn

volfan
Freshman Silent
17.2  volfan  replied to  1ofmany @17    7 years ago

mainly because we are sick of the establishment (both sides), the lying biased media, and we will not let some outsiders tell us how to vote and then when that doesn't work have some make up/ exaggerate some bullcrap cocamamie stories to character assassinate someone in order to steal a Senate seat based on innuendo and lies.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
18  sixpick    7 years ago

You know The Washington Post is keeping a database of all people who are shot and killed by police.  There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that at face value, but after randomly looking at the names, which didn't include any other information except the person was killed by a policeman, the average person would think, wow they are really killing lot of people, 963 in 2016.

After randomly googling a half dozen just to see what I would get, I found all but one either pulled a gun on the police officer or did some other threatening action that would have caused the police to have shot them.

You don't have to be Raw Story or Gateway Pundit to influence people.  All you have to do is constantly push one direction or the other every day and then you influence your readers or viewers to start to use you as the last word and the source you can depend on to tell you the truth, which all of us wish we could know.

It's the same with Vice who produced the video above.  Every one of their articles about politics are left leaning and some are more than others.  In the video 1ofmany put up, even the people in the audience are ignorant of the facts.  They said many things that just were true and the person narrating the whole thing is going to come away with a leftist point of view or you will never see the video.  He will lead the conversation the way he wants it to be presented.

Vice News is a news and opinion website that has a strong left-center political bias in reporting.  Although Vice News is usually well sourced, they sometimes use sources that are left biased that may have published news that has been labeled false by fact checkers.  Otherwise, Vice News produces strong journalism with a strong Left-Center bias.