╌>

Ambassador Bill Taylor Testimony On Ukraine - "very, very troubling testimony" says one congressman

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  214 comments

Ambassador Bill Taylor Testimony On Ukraine  - "very, very troubling testimony" says one congressman
Bill Taylor’s opening statement was 15 pages long and prompted “a lot of sighs and gasps.”

Mona

@Monaheart1229

·

2m

Reporting that those breaking from the Congressional Hearing where Bill Taylor is testifying are saying things like, "this is the most disturbing day I've had in Congress so far" and, "very, very troubling testimony ". Today is a good day! #TuesdayThoughts

@AndrewDesiderio

· 23m

New: Per source in the room, Bill Taylor’s opening statement was 15 pages long and prompted “a lot of sighs and gasps.”

Julia Davis

@JuliaDavisNews

·

7m

One lawmaker who sat in on the session said he found Bill Taylor ’s testimony to be alarming: “All I have to say is that in my 10 short months in Congress—it’s not even noon, right—and this is my most disturbing day in Congress so far. Very troubling.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Guilt is being established. What will the punishment be?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago
What will the punishment be?

Lynching might seem appropriate...  

Not to derail, but Christiane Amanpour is kicking Mark Esper's ass on CNN right now.  That boy has been drinking too much Trump tea...lie after lie after lie after lie...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2    5 years ago
Not to derail, but Christiane Amanpour is kicking Mark Esper's ass on CNN right now.

Saw that, fun to watch. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2    5 years ago
Lynching might seem appropriate...  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.2.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    5 years ago
The tone deafness expressed by this administration is surpassed only by the drones' blindness in averting their eyes from the obvious.

“All Republicans must remember what they are witnessing here - a lynching." - DJT Tweet

Don't worry Donald, many of your Republican supporters likely still look back fondly on the past lynching's in America so they won't be bothered at all by the irresponsible tone deaf ignorance and hate spewing forth from the cesspool you call a mouth.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.7  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2.5    5 years ago
still look back fondly on the past lynching's in America

Yeah, whatever you have to tell yourself. The Democrat History isn't that long.

“The Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction (the post-Civil War period), founded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought against the Civil Rights Acts of the 1950s and 1960s,” 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.2.8  katrix  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.7    5 years ago

And now all those Southern Democrats are Republicans, and still hate the idea of blacks, women, and gays having equal rights.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @1.2.8    5 years ago
And now all those Southern Democrats are Republicans, and still hate the idea of blacks, women, and gays having equal rights.

Just another lie perpetrated by Democrats in a vain attempt to distance themselves and their party from their racist, Jim Crow days.

Intelligent people know better.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2.11  KDMichigan  replied to  katrix @1.2.8    5 years ago
And now all those Southern Democrats are Republicans,

Bullshit. When exactly did they change?  

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.2.12  katrix  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.10    5 years ago
Intelligent people know better.

You're insulting yourself and your fellow Trump worshippers, then. Because you clearly do NOT know better - you think you do, but you're wrong. The GOP used to be the party of progressive values - yet now look at you and your ilk, hating progressives and everything they stand for (change, equal rights, and all that). The Democrats were the party of the South.

Anyone with half a brain knows these things. Go take a class on civics, perhaps? Or read this, it's a pretty good summary:

Then something happened.

That something was racism.

After Democratic President Harry Truman’s desegregated the Army and the Democratic Party said they would support laws that ended Jim Crow, 35 delegates from the Deep South walked out of the 1948 Democratic National Convention and formed the Dixiecrat Party. They elected Strom Thurmond as their leader, who would never identify as a Democrat again.

As you can see, it wasn’t the Democrats who opposed the Civil Rights Act and the Republicans who favored it. Everyone supported the Civil Rights Act except the South. It was Southern politicians from both parties who voted against the legislation. The reason Republicans say they supported the bill is that there weren’t very many Southern Republicans in Congress in 1964.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.2.13  katrix  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.11    5 years ago

Wow, your state must have really shitty schools - or perhaps you skipped class when they taught civics.

Do some fucking research and stop drinking the Fox koolaid.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.14  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2.11    5 years ago

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.15  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago
You at least have the democrats wearing their Sunday best for their party.

Um, the KKK is a right wing group in this century. Nice try. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.2.16  katrix  replied to    5 years ago
Can you name any?

How embarrassing it must be for Republicans to not even know what their own damn Southern Strategy is.

That must be why Trump appeals to so many of them ... ignorance seeks its own.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.18  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to    5 years ago

Don't forget ID.....................

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.2.19  katrix  replied to    5 years ago

Your inability to grasp civics is not my problem.

What I provided was not opinion; but then, I doubt you bothered reading it anyway because it didn't tell you what you want to believe. Typical behavior for Trump fans.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.20  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @1.2.12    5 years ago

How convenient for the Democratic Party to just look the other way all those years Southern Democrats were installing Jim Crow.

Of course, the South comfortably gave Democrats a majority for decades. Didn't hear anything from the Democratic Party denouncing Jim Crow--did you in all those decades?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.21  Texan1211  replied to    5 years ago

@1.2.17

Some Democrats participate in the soft bigotry of low expectations.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.23  Krishna  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.2    5 years ago

Related:

Republicans quit trying to rein in Trump after ‘lynching’ tweet

Some GOP lawmakers defended the president, while others simply declined to criticize him.

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.2.24  PJ  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.1    5 years ago

I saw a clip.  She's a solid journalist and reporter.  He was getting nothing by her. She clearly knows the topic as well if not better then he does.  

I will admit that out of the many cabinet members in this Administration he at least seemed measured and knowledgeable and didn't recite the standard stupid talking points.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.25  Paula Bartholomew  replied to    5 years ago

"They" weren't talking about lynching Trump.  Mr Foot In Mouth used the term, no one else.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.27  Texan1211  replied to    5 years ago

Ya just gotta love the hypocrisy!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.28  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2.5    5 years ago
Don't worry Donald, many of your Republican supporters likely still look back fondly on the past lynching's in America so they won't be bothered at all by the irresponsible tone deaf ignorance and hate spewing forth from the cesspool you call a mouth.

Not a single one of the Republicans I have ever known ever supported the lynchings perpetrated in many, many cases by Democrats.

Is "lynching" a new trigger word for the left?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago
What will the punishment be?

Removal from office, then let SDNY arrest him and rip him to shreds. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @1.3    5 years ago

I kinda like the idea of him swishing a mop across the floor at Sing-Sing

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.2  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.1    5 years ago

I like it! 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.3.3  Krishna  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.1    5 years ago

And not only our Bone-Spur-Challenged Commander-in-Cheif, but also the entire Terump Crime Family as well!

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.3.4  1stwarrior  replied to  Krishna @1.3.3    5 years ago

Hey - make sure your bias doesn't come out to obviously, OK?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago
Update :

President Donald Trump’s top envoy to Ukraine told House impeachment investigators on Tuesday of intense efforts by administration officials to secure politically-motivated investigations of Trump’s rivals in exchange for a White House meeting with Ukraine’s president and critical military aid, according to sources in the room for the testimony.

William Taylor prompted sighs and gasps when he read a lengthy 15-page opening statement, two of the sources said.

Another person in the room said Taylor’s statement described “how pervasive the efforts were” among Trump's allies to convince Ukrainian officials to launch an investigation targeting former Vice President Joe Biden and another probe centering on a debunked conspiracy theory regarding the 2016 election.

Taylor also described the extent to which military assistance to Ukraine and a potential White House meeting with Trump and his Ukrainian counterpart were tied to those investigations, the source added.

“The body language of the people hearing it was ‘holy s---,’ seriously,” Rep. Harley Rouda (D-Calif.), a member of the Oversight Committee, said in reference to Taylor’s opening statement.

Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.), a senior member of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, characterized the testimony as a “sea change” that “could accelerate” the impeachment inquiry. Another lawmaker, Democratic Rep. Tom Malinowski of New Jersey, said it was “the most thorough accounting we’ve had of the timeline.”

“I’ll tell you, as a former State Department political appointee, in my experience the difference between career folks and political appointees is the career folks take very good notes,” Malinowski said, hinting that Taylor provided corroboration to back up his recollections.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.4.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @1.4    5 years ago

Yes, all Democrats present, and all Democrats talking; and not one f'ing detail of the statement to back them up.

That is the great thing about secret closed door investigations where the Dems get to ask all the questions, and the Republicans can only have a monitor- no one can blast them for their bullshit when they make unsubstantiated statements.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.4.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to    5 years ago

Did anyone else notice that all the talkers coming out of the "meeting" are Dems? Yep, me too.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.4.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4.1    5 years ago

Taylor's opening statement.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.4.5  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.4.3    5 years ago
Did anyone else notice that all the talkers coming out of the "meeting" are Dems? Yep, me too.

Why yes, YES I did. It seems that the GOP doesn't want to get in front of the cameras and mics to defend Trump. Nunes hasn't posted even one comment on the minority side of the Committees website since the Impeachment inquiry started. Didn't he used to be the voice of Trump? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.4.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Dulay @1.4.5    5 years ago

There is no defense of what Trump did. That is the jaw dropping aspect of all of this. The only "defense" they can muster is that the Democrats are not being "fair" in the committee.  Not one defense on the facts. Many people have been deposed and the Republicans have not discredited a single one of them. 

This is an avalanche of evidence against Trump which the Republicans are trying to hold back with a garden rake. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.4.7  Dulay  replied to  JohnRussell @1.4.6    5 years ago
There is no defense of what Trump did.

You aren't giving them credit due John. They will continue to spew out defenses.

BUTT it's not impeachable. It's not a crime. 

Utter bullshit and anyone who has watched Graham's speech at Clinton's Impeachment will recognize that fact. 

Yet Graham has the balls to say ' Show me a crime."  Fucking hypocrite. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.4.8  Krishna  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4.1    5 years ago

Meh.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.4.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.4.3    5 years ago

His own party prolly didn't speak up because they are still trying to digest the truth they heard.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.4.10  Dulay  replied to  JohnRussell @1.4.6    5 years ago

Here's the part of Taylor's statement that really stood out to me:

On August 16, I exchanged text messages with Ambassador Volker in which I learned that Mr. Yermak had asked that the United States submit an official request for an investigation into Burisma's alleged violations of Ukrainian law, if that is what the United States desired. A formal U.S. Request to the Ukrainians to conduct an investigation based on violations of their own law struck me as improper, and I recommended to Ambassador Volker that we “stay clear'. To find out the legal aspects of the question,  however, I gave him the name of a Deputy Assistant Attorney General whom I thought would be the proper point of contact for seeking a U.S. referral for a foreign investigation. 

First of all, those text messages are documented evidence. 

Secondly, Mr. Yermak, President Zelensky's assistant, was trying to STOP America's corupt actions in his country.

What Yermak is talking about is the process enumerated in the TREATY WITH UKRAINE ON MUTUAL LEGAL ASSISTANCE IN CRIMINAL MATTERS signed in 1999. That Treaty cites clear steps that need to be followed by both the US and Ukraine for requesting legal assistance. That Treaty is the law of the land. 

Thirdly, Volker didn't mention this all important request from the Ukrainians in his opening statement. He needs to be questioned about it. Did he follow through with the DOJ or did he just blow it off because he KNEW that Trump had no intention of following the law?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.7  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago
Guilt is being established. What will the punishment be?

Reelection!

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2  Just Jim NC TttH    5 years ago

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1  lady in black  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    5 years ago

Before one can have a trial, one must do their due diligence.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @2.1    5 years ago

Do you mean somebody has to do some work?????

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    5 years ago

If you call what the Democrats are doing work. Must be hard to manufacture so much manure at once. But they need to get their narrative out to the media.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.2    5 years ago

I'm referring to Just Jim's meme up there in 2. Looks like he's suggesting that those folks need investigating. Well who's supposed to do the investigating? The White House? The house where nothing ever gets done?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.3    5 years ago

DOJ can handle it....................

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.4    5 years ago

sure

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.6  Krishna  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.4    5 years ago
DOJ can handle it....................

Foxes guarding the Henhouse :-(

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    5 years ago

If those pictured are who Trump would call as witnesses for his defense, he's in deeper shit than I thought.

I'll have to make more popcorn... 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    5 years ago

"One lawmaker who sat in on the session said he found Bill Taylor ’s testimony to be alarming"

Which One ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @3    5 years ago

google is your friend

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 years ago
google is your friend

It's not in your …… "THINGY" above ?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 years ago

Just say you have no idea.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.4  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 years ago
google is your friend

Based on his comments here, he probably doesn't know how to use Google.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  It Is ME @3    5 years ago

Troubling is a two way street. Troubling as in "we got him this time" or "shit we still got nothing".

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2    5 years ago
Troubling is a two way street. Troubling as in "we got him this time" or "shit we still got nothing".

I'll take "SHIT" for 1 million Alex. jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.4  It Is ME  replied to    5 years ago
Per source in the room

Best "News" source like ...…... EVER ! jrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to    5 years ago

Amazing isn't it. Have you noticed that the dem/lib/prog/dems have practically forgotten about the poor "cherdren" at the border? Yeah, me too.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.8  MrFrost  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2    5 years ago

Didn't stop the nutters from saying the same thing for 25 years about Hillary...

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2.9  Krishna  replied to    5 years ago
Just like that Russia thing nobody is talking about anymore.

Anymore?

How about yesterday?

Nobody?

How 'bout a prominent member of the Trump Crime Family--  Attny Gen'l Barr?

(10/21/2019) Bill Barr sparks anxiety within the CIA as he investigates ‘origins’ of Mueller’s Russia probe: security analysis -

Are you illiterate-- or are you still not very proficient in the English language?

(Or are you,. like our Bone-Spur-Challened Leadwer,  just making things up as you go along?)

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2.10  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.1    5 years ago

That makes sense.  You have been taking Trump's shit for 3 years.  You eat his up so often, it is now considered a food group.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.11  It Is ME  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2.10    5 years ago
You have been taking Trump's shit for 3 years. 

Yes...... I have been taking in the " Shit Loads" of business cash I've been receiving, since 2017 !

Trumps "Shit" has been great for business ….. don't you think ?

There's even jobs out there, with no one left to fill them, since people that actually want to "Work", now have jobs ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

PJ
Masters Quiet
5  PJ    5 years ago

Mr. Taylor is a career diplomat and a true patriot who has taken copious notes after each conversation.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.2  Ronin2  replied to  PJ @5    5 years ago

Right, so long as he is toeing the Democratic line. Well maybe he was, who knows, this was a secret questioning after all. The Dems can make up anything they want coming out of it.

He could have written 15 pages of Steele Dossier class political bullshit and the left would worship it like it was the new bible for their anti Trump religion.

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.2.1  PJ  replied to  Ronin2 @5.2    5 years ago

Whatever.  You keep telling yourself that you're the only one qualified to determine who is a patriot.  It's pretty pathetic and sad that you have to shit on the reputation of those who have dedicated themselves to serving their country.  

Also, Trump fucked up when he put the military in a position of cowardice and weakness.  Service men and women don't take kindly to having their honor ripped from them.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  PJ @5.2.1    5 years ago
It's pretty pathetic and sad that you have to shit on the reputation of those who have dedicated themselves to serving their country. 

Bullshit. They have dedicated themselves to a cushy job with extreme benefits and their bank accounts first. 

"Also, Trump fucked up when he put the military in a position of cowardice and weakness."

Just how did he do that??

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.2.3  PJ  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.2    5 years ago
Bullshit. They have dedicated themselves to a cushy job with extreme benefits and their bank accounts first.

You have no idea what you are talking about.  Your ignorance on the subject is glaringly obvious.

"Also, Trump fucked up when he put the military in a position of cowardice and weakness." Just how did he do that??

Really?  You aren't able to look at the situation and see how this Syria retreat has affected our military?

Putting our service men and women in harms way without an exit plan.  Watching them retreat as they are shamed by allies because of our betrayal.  Even those in the military that agree with the objective of getting out of Syria are not happy with how this has happened.  Trump has made them look like they have broken their promise and that they have no honor. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  PJ @5.2.3    5 years ago

Were you not referring to those in Congress? If you weren't you must have been referring to the military in which case I retract my statement. But at the same time, nothing military was mentioned in Ronin's statement that you needed to respond to. If you were relating to Congress, my statement stands.

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.2.5  PJ  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.4    5 years ago

No, I was referring to the Ambassadors, specifically Mr. Taylor.  I was also speaking about our military and how they've been placed in a very awkward situation by the President. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.2.7  PJ  replied to    5 years ago

Ugh - I don't have the patience to converse with you.  Everything is a deflection with immature jabs at previous presidents. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.2.8  lady in black  replied to  PJ @5.2.7    5 years ago

Circular logic, that's all the defense they have

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.2.9  PJ  replied to  lady in black @5.2.8    5 years ago

It's totally frustrating. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.2.11  PJ  replied to    5 years ago

Did I bring up Obama or dispute what you claimed?  I'm not interested in hashing out what happened in the past.  It holds no relevance to this situation.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.2.12  lady in black  replied to  PJ @5.2.9    5 years ago

Same old talking points, can't see the forest through the trees and plenty of whataboutism

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.2.14  PJ  replied to    5 years ago

No, I judge each president individually and by weighing all of their actions and policies not just a select few.   I recommend you do the same.

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.2.16  PJ  replied to    5 years ago

If you truly did then you would know that the disasters created by Obama don't hold a candle to the destruction Trump has created for generations to come for America.  There is simply no comparison when weighed by a reasonable rational person. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.17  Krishna  replied to  Ronin2 @5.2    5 years ago

You are obviously forgetting what happened to Nixon.

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.2.19  PJ  replied to    5 years ago

No

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.2.21  PJ  replied to    5 years ago

Uh ......nope.  I don't hate the President. He's only doing what his base has allowed him to do.  The problem isn't Trump, it's his base.  Ignorance and idiocy at its best. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.2.25  PJ  replied to    5 years ago

I just want you to know that I believe you.  You have shown me who you are and I believe you........

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.28  Dulay  replied to  Ronin2 @5.2    5 years ago
He could have written 15 pages of Steele Dossier class political bullshit and the left would worship it like it was the new bible for their anti Trump religion.

But he didn't. Taylor cited dates, names and documents. So how about you address what's in his opening statement rather than some fantasy you've come up with in a desperate attempt at dismissing it's actual content. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.2.29  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  PJ @5.2.3    5 years ago

Trump has made them look like they have broken their promise and that they have no honor. 

Many of the local Kurds thought so also.  They were pelting the military vehicles with rotten food as they pulled out.

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.2.30  PJ  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2.29    5 years ago

Yes, it's sad.  This President does not understand what honor is because he has no honor.  He doesn't understand what it means to have someone's back because he has never shown others loyalty.  He doesn't understand what it means to keep a promise as is evident in his inability to be faithful.  He is a pathetic human being and those that put their faith in him are even more pathetic imo.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    5 years ago
"Very, Very Troubling Testimony" Says One Congressman

That settles it then! A Congressman is troubled by something someone said about Trump. That's a game changer! No one has ever had that reaction to something about Trump. Never! Very compelling! /s

FerChrissakes! This guy could have read Trump's recipe for buttermilk biscuits (not that I think he has one) and these hacks would find it "very, very troubling." It'll be news when one of these Chicken Little's doesn't respond with a "sky is falling" declaration in response to testimony on Trump.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago

You are flailing. Get a grip. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    5 years ago

Your response is telling. It tells me you know I'm right.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago

Sure.

@JamilSmith
·
4h
Perhaps Trump has us all talking about his “lynching” to keep us from discussing the fact that our top diplomat in Ukraine told impeachment investigators that
blackmailed Ukraine’s leader until he agreed to investigate Trump’s political rivals.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.7  Krishna  replied to    5 years ago
No really John, the hundreds of articles you posted were just preparing for this one.

Correct!

Trump did nothing wrong..its all John's fault!

/sarc

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.8  author  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago
But once inside, he delivered words that could end a presidency.

“In August and September of this year, I became increasingly concerned that our relationship with Ukraine was being fundamentally undermined by an irregular informal channel of U.S. policy-making and by the withholding of vital security assistance for domestic political reasons,” Taylor testified, according to a copy of his remarks obtained by The Post. Taylor said President Trump himself made the release of military aid to Ukraine contingent on a public declaration by Ukraine’s president that the country would investigate Joe and Hunter Biden and the 2016 election.

In an instant, the impeachment inquiry no longer rested on the credibility or motives of a whistleblower, nor arguments about the meaning of quid pro quo. Here, spelling out Trump’s wrongdoing in extensive detail, was the diplomat Trump’s team brought out of retirement to be the ambassador to Ukraine — replacing the woman Trump ousted from that position at the request of Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani. Taylor, an Army veteran and a respected diplomat who obviously kept detailed notes, will not be easy to discredit.

Trump, more than anybody, must have known how damaging Taylor’s testimony would be. Ninety minutes before Taylor was slated to arrive, Trump created a diversion. He tweeted to his 66 million followers: “All Republicans must remember what they are witnessing here — a lynching.”

It was a grotesque provocation, clearly aimed at fomenting racial division — and it worked, for a bit. Reporters momentarily stopped asking about Taylor and started asking about lynching. Democrats reacted with outrage. And Trump’s boosters in the House defended him. “This,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) concurred, “is a lynching in every sense.”

But ultimately no amount of distraction could counter what was happening in HVC-304, three floors beneath ground level in a secure room in the Capitol Visitor Center. As the day wore on, and reports of the deposition leaked out, there was a palpable change above ground.

When Senate Republican leaders gave their weekly news conference after lunch, Fox News’s Chad Pergram observed that Republicans “criticize the process and don’t defend the president outright.” Pergram asked Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) directly: “Are you willing to defend the president in this matter?”

“I’m willing to talk about the process,” McConnell replied.

McConnell also said Trump’s “lynching” claim “was an unfortunate choice of words.” Asked about Trump’s claim that McConnell told Trump the call with the Ukrainian president was “innocent,” McConnell contradicted Trump: “We’ve not had any conversations on that subject.”

McConnell isn’t yet where Republican Sen. Howard Baker was during Watergate when he asked: “What did the president know and when did he know it?” Republican support for Trump has not yet crumbled.

But now Trump’s handpicked ambassador, with specific and detailed allegations but no obvious anti-Trump motive, has blown up the many denials offered by the president. With growing evidence of Trump’s wrongdoing, and Trump’s aberrant behavior (“lynching”!) in response, Republicans continued to cling to the last plausible defense: Complaining about the “process.”

“It’s an unfair process,” Rep. Mark Meadows (N.C.), a Trump loyalist, said as Taylor testified.

Rep. Jim Jordan (Ohio), another Trump defender, stood nearby and said how “unfair the process is.”

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.9  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.8    5 years ago
Taylor said President Trump himself made the release of military aid to Ukraine contingent on a public declaration by Ukraine’s president that the country would investigate Joe and Hunter Biden and the 2016 election.

Thats impeachable. Game set match. What will the Republicans do? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.11  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.9    5 years ago
In by far the most damning account yet to become public in the House impeachment inquiry Mr. Taylor described a president holding up $391 million in aid for the clear purpose of forcing Ukraine to help incriminate Mr. Trump’s domestic rivals. Mr. Trump’s actions, he testified, undercut American allies desperately fighting to stave off Russian aggression.

Without the money that Mr. Trump held up, Mr. Taylor said, Ukraine would find it harder to defend itself in the face of Moscow’s attempt to redraw the boundaries of Europe through force of arms.
“If Ukraine succeeds in breaking free of Russian influence, it is possible for Europe to be whole, free, democratic and at peace,” Mr. Taylor said in his opening statement to House investigators, which was provided to reporters after he delivered it behind closed doors. “In contrast, if Russia dominates Ukraine, Russia will again become an empire, oppressing its people and threatening its neighbors and the rest of the world.”

Mr. Taylor’s vivid depiction illustrated the differences between the impeachment inquiry against Mr. Trump and the ones that consumed Presidents Richard M. Nixon and Bill Clinton. While the Watergate and Monica Lewinsky cover-ups involved the integrity of America’s democracy and system of justice, the Ukraine scandal also extends to matters of life and death, as well as geopolitics on a grand scale.

Mr. Taylor’s testimony could make it harder for Republicans to brush off Mr. Trump’s actions as unimportant or distorted by partisan foes. Defending Ukraine against Russian encroachment, much like defending the United States’ Kurdish allies against Turkey, has been a high priority for many Republicans, who complained that President Barack Obama did not stand up to Moscow aggressively enough.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.13  author  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago

Just trying to educate the Trumpsters here. It's an uphill fight. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.16  author  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago
Pergram asked Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) directly:
“Are you willing to defend the president in this matter?”
“I’m willing to talk about the process,” McConnell replied.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.17  author  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago

When the facts are against you , you argue about the process. 

I heard someone complain today about the whistleblower.  The whistleblower is now irrelevant.  They are way past that. 

Professor Guide
6.1.19  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to    5 years ago

You know dear, someone with your obvious charm and skilled writing technique should explore more constructive ways to contribute to our little slice of heaven here at NT.  Author or seed an article sometime.  It's infinitely more rewarding than following John around as often as you do.

Professor Guide
6.1.21  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to    5 years ago
I don’t engage with John anymore than anybody else. I find articles that I find humorous and comment there.

I can't argue with that bit of monkey-see, monkey-do logic.  Carry on.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.22  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
Game set match? Let’s hold a vote and allow cross examination! I’m sure this fucktard will be able to stand up to scrutiny under oath!

Are you so gaslighted that you don't know that GOP Congressmen are participating in all of the depositions? 

You seem to think that a vote on a Resolution to start an Impeachment inquiry would alter how the inquiry is being conducted. What lead you to that ridiculous assumption? 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.1.24  katrix  replied to  Dulay @6.1.22    5 years ago
Are you so gaslighted that you don't know that GOP Congressmen are participating in all of the depositions? 

The answer to that would be yes. The Trump worshippers, like Trump himself, refuse to read actual news and only read things that support their orange god .. facts and truth are not requirements and are apparently considered bad things. Forget their actually researching how impeachment works (much less how the Republicans became the party of racism).

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.25  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.9    5 years ago

Okay, did the Ukraine ever find anything out on Biden or his son?  I haven't seen that covered much, if at all.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.25    5 years ago

No because there was nothing to find.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.28  author  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..............When did the left start to call Patreaus Betrayus again?  You shouldn't ever accuse someone of being uninformed.

Anybody who reads more than 1 news source knows that.

“In 90 seconds, we had John Ratcliffe destroy Taylor’s whole argument,” House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy said Tuesday in an interview Tuesday on " The Ingraham Angle ."

Are you using the drivel Kevin McCarthy passed off on Ingrahams show as a source of information? 

Let me ask you a question. Did you read the article you linked to?    The Ingraham Angle

There is not a single sentence in that article that shows how Taylor's argument was "destroyed"  by John Ratcliffe.  I read the article, and there is NOTHING. 

All the whole thing is, is McCarthy relaying to Ingraham that he was told by Nunes that Radcliffe destroyed Taylors argument.  Lot of dummies and liars in that sentence. 

Kevin McCarthy is not on the House Intelligence Committee. He has no idea if Ratcliffe "destroyed" Taylor. He wasnt there. 

The video of the segment with McCarthy on Ingrahams show is little more than a pathetic nothing. 

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif. , said a fellow Republican lawmaker deconstructed a key part of the latest Trump impeachment inquiry witness testimony in Tuesday's closed-door session.

"In 90 seconds, we had John Ratcliffe destroy [acting U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Bill] Taylor's whole argument," McCarthy said.

The questioning by Ratcliffe, a Texas Republican and member of both the House Intelligence and Judiciary Committees, was an important moment in the hearing, McCarthy claimed.

"We can't really talk about it," he said.

Thats all of it.  That is what you are basing YOUR argument on? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.29  author  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago
How can you find anything if you have been threaten by the sitting Vice President to withhold a billion dollars if they don't fire the prosecutor who had the audacity to investigate Bidens worthless meth head son? Does anybody with 3 digits in their IQ think a meth head who was tossed out of the military, who has no experience in the petro industry is worth 50 thousand a month. You have to be border line retarded to believe there was no quid pro quo there.

Fox News babbling. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.32  author  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago

So you have nothing to back your boasting that Ratcliffe destroyed Taylor. 

I know. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6.1.33  lady in black  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.28    5 years ago

Details that are surely lost on deporables

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.35  author  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago
But your source Adam Schitt is much more reliable. Can you send me to the link of all that Russian Collusion evidence he had?

My source is Taylor's opening statement, and all the other testimony that has come forth, AND Trumps own words to the Ukranian president in the phone call.  And the arrest of Giulianis two henchmen who were helping him in Ukraine. 

You are a walking talking Fox News/Breitbart regurgitator.    You need to do MUCH better. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.37  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
You shouldn't ever accuse someone of being uninformed.

I didn't accuse you of being uninformed, I asked you if you were gaslighted. 

“In 90 seconds, we had John Ratcliffe destroy Taylor’s whole argument,” House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy said Tuesday in an interview Tuesday on " The Ingraham Angle ."

Good to see that you recognize that the GOP ARE part of the Inquiry. 

Since McCarthy wasn't in the SCIF, that's hearsay. From your link:

"The one thing that you find out in this process is all this information is just like that whistleblower... everything is second-, third-, and fourth-hand information," he said.

So McCarthy should STFU with his hearsay about events he didn't witness shouldn't he? 

BTW, Ratcliff is clueless. 

But I'm, 100% sure you have him this time, 

Good for you. Now, how sure are you that a vote on a Referendum to open an Impeachment inquiry will alter how the inquiry is conducted? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.38  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
Don't worry John, I'm sure they didn't lie to you again.  

Perhaps like me, John is relying on what he has read with his own eyes. 

You really, really, really have him this time. that's why the transcripts of the questioning have been released to prove McCarthy wrong. Surely Adam Schitt will set the record straight. Right? Right? Simple enough, release the questions and answers. Weird that he hasn't, I'm sure we won't get some cherry picked release.

That comment illustrates utter ignorance of the process and proves that the gaslighting by McCarthy et al is working. Well done. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.39  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.13    5 years ago
Just trying to educate the Trumpsters here. It's an uphill fight.

It's like trying to convince an FLDS member that it's not right to marry a 13 year old... they just don't want to listen and are determined to keep raping kids, and/or supporting this criminal President.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.40  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
Was his opening statement under the penalty of perjury?

If he read it to the panel, yes. If he submitted it for the record yes. 

and how did it stand up to questioning?

Well gee, Ratcliff said that he found Taylor to be 'very forthright'. FYI, in English that means 'straightforward and honest.' So it looks like at least Ratcliff thinks that Taylor stood up pretty damn well to questioning. 

were there any opposing viewpoints that disputed it? 

Why yes, YES there are. They are documented in the opening statements of Volker and Sondland who tell different stories about the same events. How well will THEY stand up to questioning about that fact? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.42  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
Gaslighting in your word of the day talking point? 

Is there another word that better describes using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying to sow seeds of doubt? Cite it and I'll use it. 

Facts and due process win the day, not opening statements cherry picked by a worthless POS like Adam Schitt.   

Adam Schiff has NOTHING to do with the witnesses releasing their opening statements. 

You won't be able to prosecute him in the Senate in secret.   Why aren't they holding open hearings?    

They aren't holding hearings, they are taking depositions. 

But that's Okay, I'm really sure that Russian Collusion thing will work out eventually. It's not like he allowed Vlad to Annex part of a country.....Right?

Blah, blah, deflect, blah. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1.43  devangelical  replied to  Dulay @6.1.42    5 years ago
Is there another word that better describes using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying to sow seeds of doubt?

maga

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.47  Paula Bartholomew  replied to    5 years ago

You don't seem to have a problem with trusting the words that come out of Trump's mouth.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.48  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
And it was his opinion that others disagreed with,

No, it was documentation of the events with dates, names and he cited documents that can corroborate his statement. 

that is why we have due process,

Nope. Statements during a deposition have NOTHING to do with due process. During a deposition, the witnesses attorney can object to a question but the witness STILL has to answer it unless they claim the 5th. So not even the witness has 'due process' rights during a deposition. 

Why in secret? I can't get an answer to this, why won't Adam Schitt hold open hearings?  

Again, they are NOT holding hearings, they are taking depositions. Depositions are done behind closed doors. EVERY Congress has done it this way. When Nunes was Chairman of the Intel , he did it that way. Gowdy did it that way during the Benghazi investigation. Yet all of a sudden, the GOP is whining about it.

The fact that you keep asking that question proves that they're gaslighting you and you're lapping it up. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.49  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

FFS, you have nothing but deflection. Well done. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.50  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    5 years ago
they have been lying to you for almost 3 full years and you still are sure that this time it's real.......Where is that Russian collusion evidence?  Please don't tell me you still think that is real...

Trump and his staff and many who worked on his campaign are the only ones who have been caught lying to investigators. The facts PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trump openly told a Russian spy that he would get along with Putin and didn't think sanctions for their illegal invasion of Crimea would be necessary if he were President. He openly asked them to hack American servers in an effort to hurt his political opponent and the evidence shows the Russians were listening and didn't think the request was a joke. Russia did help Trump in the 2016 campaign. They illegally hacked private American email servers, hacked 22 State voter databases, targeted specific swing States with their $1.25 million a month social media blitz, and released stolen documents and emails in an effort to embarrass and discredit Trumps political opponent. Putin has since admitted he it.

“President Putin, did you want President Trump to win the election and did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?” - reporter Jeff Mason

“Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing the U.S.–Russia relationship back to normal.” - Vladimir Putin

Why none of that seems to bother Trump supporters, if they also believe themselves patriotic Americans, is beyond me. To claim that we must have definitive evidence of criminal conspiracy to claim Trump did anything wrong at all is beyond insane. The Mueller report makes it clear that their investigation was obstructed by the many lies told by Trumps staff, it did not prove Trump was innocent of any wrongdoing. It also laid out at least 10 clear counts of the President actively obstructing justice by telling staffers to lie and demanding staffers fire the investigators.

Not even Trump insulting his supporters and effectively calling them lawless gullible morons was able to open his supporters eyes. Perhaps many of their heads are shoved so far up Trump's ass that they don't want to get his bullshit under their eyelids so they keep them squeezed shut.

"You know what else they say about my people? The polls, they say I have the most loyal people. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay? It’s like incredible," - Donald "The Bully" Trump.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.51  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
So he leaked his opening statement, to the press, for a closed hearing/deposition being held by the democrats, a legal document, by your own statement, directly on point to the latest, (it's still the latest right? there hasn't been a new shiny object I missed today has there?) impeachment push without the Chairmans okay? 

The problem with your babbling comment is that there is NOTHING in ANY of the opening statements that is classified so releasing them isn't 'leaking' them. 

Now with the recent practice by Trump and his minions, to retroactively classify documents, you never know WTF they'll do. 

BTFW, I didn't say the opening statements were 'legal documents', I said they were submitted under penalty of perjury. Don't misrepresent my comments. 

That's the story you are going with?   I'm no longer surprised by the fact that daily they are able to post a new outraged that everyone suddenly believes.  

It's not a 'story' loki, it's a fact.

Do you have ANY doubt that the GOP would be running around with their hair on fire if one of the witnesses HAD disclosed classified information? Nunes et al would RUN to the mic so fast that our heads would spin. 

Seriously, fabricating bullshit about the witnesses gets you nowhere with me. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.52  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.50    5 years ago
Why none of that seems to bother Trump supporters, if they also believe themselves patriotic Americans, is beyond me. To claim that we must have definitive evidence of criminal conspiracy to claim Trump did anything wrong at all is beyond insane.

They think Trump makes liberals cry.  Most of that theme is based on a couple photos or videos of Hillary supporters crying on election night. 

Like that was unique.

article-2230329-15EF2961000005DC-878_306x423.jpg

article-2230329-15EEAB95000005DC-390_634x415.jpg

Disaster strikes: Living in the land of the free has never felt so bad for these Romney fans

article-2230329-15EEA22C000005DC-976_634x684.jpg

article-2230329-15EEA23C000005DC-530_634x115.jpg

article-2230329-15EF2970000005DC-147_634x368.jpg

These Republicans react to a bad result coming in with cries of disbelief and anguish

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.56  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
Documentation of events that others have already said were different. Weird huh?

All of it can be easily corroborated. Text messages to and from Volker and Sondland, a memo to file from June 30, an August 29 cable to Pompeo and testimony from DAP  Morrison will all help connect the dots. 

Will Trump allow witnesses to testify? 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.57  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    5 years ago
The homeless guy on the corner thinks Lizard people are real too.

Perhaps he does. How does that in any way change the facts I presented?

"(Russian Spy Maria) Butina asked Trump about his plan for working with her country – particularly if he would continue America’s “damaging” sanctions against it."

“I believe I would get along very nicely with Putin. I don’t think you would need the sanctions , I think we would get along really well. I really believe that.” - Donald Trump

Russia, if you’re listening , I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” - Donald Trump

"on or about July 27, 2016, the conspirators attempted after-hours to spearphish for the first time email accounts at a domain hosted by a third-party provider and used by Clinton’s personal office,” according to the indictment, referring to spearphishing, a common tactic used to target email accounts.

The indictment said that on the same day, Russians began an effort to target 76 Clinton campaign email accounts ."

Robert Mueller's report revealed a years-long plot by the Russian government to interfere in the U.S. that investigators called "sweeping and systemic."

As to the amount of money expended on Facebook ads, the company said Russian operatives did spend less than $200,000 on advertising on the platform — but that doesn't account for the organic content the operatives created and shared. Not only were influence specialists within Russia's Internet Research Agency purchasing normal advertisements, they were authoring their own posts, memes and other content as they posed as American users. They also reached out to politically active Americans, posing as like-minded supporters, and helped organize rallies and other events in the real world. Facebook says the Internet Research Agency may have reached as many as 126 million people.

"One month before the 2016 election, the IRA was reportedly operating on a monthly budget of at least $1.25 million . The organization's primary source of funding came from Yevgeny Prigozhin, a Russian oligarch and ally of President Vladimir Putin, who controlled Concord Management, Consulting LLC and Concord Catering. Prigozhin and his two Concord entities were among the individuals and organizations included in Mueller's indictment."

“President Putin, did you want President Trump to win the election and did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?” - reporter Jeff Mason

Yes, I did. Yes, I did . Because he talked about bringing the U.S.–Russia relationship back to normal.” - Vladimir Putin

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.58  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
Or course it is!

Then prove it loki.

Post proof that the witnesses are somehow precluded by law from releasing their own fucking opening statements. I'll wait. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.61  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
I never said they couldn’t release their statement, 

No, you just implied that doing so would be 'leaking' and that they conspired with the Chairman to do so. 

So he leaked his opening statement, to the press, for a closed hearing/deposition being held by the democrats, a legal document, by your own statement, directly on point to the latest, (it's still the latest right? there hasn't been a new shiny object I missed today has there?) impeachment push without the Chairmans okay? 

That was you right? 

I said their “facts” are dependent upon ideology,

Bullshit, you haven't said a fucking word about 'ideology' until now. 

you have convicted without any evidence by the defense, I will simply wait till all the facts come out. 

You are acquitting while ignoring all of the evidence already available. There is NO defense for what Trump did. PERIOD, full stop. 

This may turn out like the whistle blower,

You mean the person that exposed the abuse of power by Trump that is leading to his impeachment? 

what happened to him again?

Hopefully nothing. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
6.2  PJ  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago

Did you read Mr. Taylor's opening remarks?  Did you take the time to educate yourself before making your broad statement and assumption about Mr. Taylor? 

I read all 15 pages of which Mr. Taylor relayed a heartbreaking situation in which the US held up funding to a desperate country trying to protect itself against Russia.  Where the Russians were weighing whether the US would fulfill a commitment and remain supportive of Ukraine's goal for independence or abandon them so Russia could invade.  

It's sickening to read time after time the dismissive comments from trump supporters when the US acts dishonorably towards our allies. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  PJ @6.2    5 years ago

What did you think of Taylor's assertion that Trump had demanded that the Ukranian president announce IN PUBLIC that his government was investigating Joe Biden?

PJ
Masters Quiet
6.2.2  PJ  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.1    5 years ago

This was corruption at all levels from the President, throughout the State Dept, and OMB.  It's sickening. 

What impacted me most was the confusion and desperation from the Ukrainians after they realized what was going on.  

I just keep thinking how would I feel if the US required another country's assistant and we had soldiers dying each day while the other country held up aid to us. 

Ukrainian soldiers died waiting for this aid.  

This is not making America great and I don't understand how anyone could think it is.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.1    5 years ago

What would have been perfect is if that schmuck actually did that, he would have added.....under demand from Trump.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
6.3  sixpick  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago
"Very, Very Troubling Testimony" Says One Congressman

I didn't hear that testimony, Tacos!, did you?  Think back just a short time ago and remember this.

And then remember this same person has told everyone for 3 years he had evidence and has never once produced any, so what does he do?  He stands before the whole country and anyone who can see a TV around the world and makes up a bunch of lies.  I wonder why this fellow isn't in jail for all the leaking he has done and do you really think his leaking is not twisted into another bunch of lies as it has been ever since Trump was elected.

Just think how you would feel if you were charged with a crime and couldn't even be in the court room when your trial was being held.  Of course I know they say this isn't a trial, but when you subpoena people who testify behind closed doors and neither you nor your attorneys can be present, not to mention the judge and jury have already determined you fate, isn't it a little like being in Iran, North Korea, the old Soviet Union or Nazi Germany?  Then the judge tells the government press what the witnesses said with his special little twist to produce the outcome he desires.  I mean, the man has proven he is a liar and evil, what more can we say.

PJ
Masters Quiet
6.3.1  PJ  replied to  sixpick @6.3    5 years ago

Deflection doesn't look good on you.  Try thinking like a patriot first.  It's eye opening. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.3.2  MrFrost  replied to  sixpick @6.3    5 years ago

Given the ridiculous shit trump has said daily for the last 4 years you seriously have no room to complain about Schiff. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.3.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  sixpick @6.3    5 years ago
He stands before the whole country and anyone who can see a TV around the world and makes up a bunch of lies.  I wonder why this fellow isn't in jail

Yes, Trump stands before us daily making up a bunch of lies and the majority of Americans disapprove of him and many do wonder why he isn't already in jail. But don't worry, this currently unindicted coconspirator will be getting his orange jumpsuit when he leaves office January 2021 if not sooner.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago
@AshaRangappa _ Fmr FBI Special Agent, lawyer, faculty . Tiger(ish) mom. analyst. Editor .
·
4h
Bill Taylor confirmed today that the release of aid to Ukraine was contingent on a *public announcement* that Ukraine was investigating the Bidens. As I wrote here, this was an attempt to push a covert propaganda op on the American public, which is ILLEGAL

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.1  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @7    5 years ago

The moment Trump is out of office is when his real legal problems start.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @7.1    5 years ago

Which is why he'll never resign, and will not drop out of the race for 2020.  The day he's not 'president' is when the real fun will start.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

The day the fun starts for those who knew he was never 'president' in the first place.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to    5 years ago

"Not president" can be the result of two things...not reelected or term limit.  I am betting the first choice.

freepress
Freshman Silent
8  freepress    5 years ago

His family should have packed him up and had him resign for health reasons a long time ago. After he had issues with his gait in walking, his balance, his word finding issues and his frequent slurring of words, the man is not fit regardless of how horrible he is. He is not a mentally or physically fit person to even attempt the job. The fact he spends taxpayer dollars every weekend golfing is just a slap in the face and his family knows it. They figure it is better than a nursing home, he is out of their hair and all on the taxpayer dime so they don't have to deal with him. Name any decent family man who spends every weekend golfing and never once a family outing or a dad/son outing with his young son? He is not fit because I think the children avoid having him around on purpose. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  freepress @8    5 years ago

His family are little more than his "YES PEOPLE".  Do you really think they would derail their gravy train?  Baron is getting off lucky with little to no contact.  Look what contact with his other sons and daughters did to them.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
9  al Jizzerror    5 years ago