╌>

Trump suggests 'injection' of disinfectant to beat coronavirus and 'clean' the lungs

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  thrawn-31  •  4 years ago  •  410 comments

By:   Thrawn

Trump suggests 'injection' of disinfectant to beat coronavirus and 'clean' the lungs
President Donald Trump suggested the possibility of an "injection" of disinfectant into a person infected with the coronavirus as a deterrent to the virus during his daily briefing Thursday.

What the fuck?

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

He added: "I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

Article is LOCKED by moderator [smarty_function_ntUser_get_name: user_id or profile_id parameter required]
[]

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

Maybe he should lead the way and inject two syringes full of bleach concentrate (its more effective right?) into his veins. That should cure all illness right? 

And yes, it will.

For real, he is now advising that people who listen to him commit suicide. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1    4 years ago

I'd hope that a camera was rolling if that dumbass was geezed up with a couple hundred mikes of that shit.

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.2  squiggy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1    4 years ago
For real, he is now advising that people who listen to him commit suicide. 
Where?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  squiggy @1.2    4 years ago

If they do inject it and die, it will be assisted suicide.  Trump would be guilty of reckless endangerment.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2.1    4 years ago

There's another charge...blatant disregard for human life. I hear that one on Law and Order a lot

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2.1    4 years ago

Imagine believing that.

Seriously, people  make fun of Trump then turn around and spread nonsense like this? Comedy.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2.1    4 years ago
If they do inject it and die, it will be assisted suicide.  Trump would be guilty of reckless endangerment.

Oh, for crying out loud.

Do you actually believe that nonsense?????????

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.5  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.4    4 years ago

Yes...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @1.2.5    4 years ago

So sad.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.2.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.2.1    4 years ago
If they do inject it and die, it will be assisted suicide.  Trump would be guilty of reckless endangerment.

If anyone actually listens to and follows this moron Presidents advice and ends up dying as a result, dirty Donald would only be guilty of compassionate euthanasia as they were obviously already brain dead.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  squiggy @1.2    4 years ago

Some people are just incapable of fathoming a rhetorical question, especially anything that comes from Trump. It's just in their nature to take things literally.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.9  MrFrost  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2.8    4 years ago

Some people are just incapable of fathoming a rhetorical question, especially anything that comes from Trump. It's just in their nature to take things literally.

The problem is that he never says, "hey, I am just kidding".. It's always the next day or a few days later after the backlash has hit. Now, had he made those same comments and immediately said, "Hey, i'm just kidding, relax", that would have been fine. His problem is that he has said so many outrageous bullshit statements, people don't know if he is kidding, being rhetorical or sarcastic. I mean honestly, he said noise from windmills causes cancer. Now WHY did he say that? Because he wants to support big oil companies, so slam renewable energy, we get it, but that doesn't change how completely idiotic the statement is. Can you imagine the feeding frenzy if Obama had said something like that? They went ape shit because the man wore a tan suit. But trump eludes to injecting bleach and other cleaning products and all the right wing does is make excuses for him. Sorry, but at some point the MSM right wing media needs to point that shit out, and frankly, at this point, even if they did, it's too little too late. And that's just the dumbest thing he has said YESTERDAY. Last week he also said that there are 500 million people living in California, he has had hundreds of governors call him and he has saved billions of lives in the USA. 

Answer key:

1) There are ~32 million people living in California, not half a billion.

2) One governor per state, so hundreds didn't call him.

3) The USA has ~335 million people total...so saving billions is just plain fucking dumb. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.10  sandy-2021492  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.9    4 years ago

Even when he tried to say he was kidding, he didn't deny that he was talking about injecting disinfectants.  He just said he was being sarcastic and tossed out a few insults at the media for reporting what he said and asking questions.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.11  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.4    4 years ago

If I told you to drink something that I know would kill you while telling you it would cure a disease you have, and you did it and died. I would be liable. Trump suggesting the same thing is no different. 30 people died because of his last miracle drug. And now emails have surfaced that he suggested that drug in order to turn a profit. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.12  MrFrost  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.10    4 years ago
insults at the media for reporting what he said

That's what he always does. He gets caught saying something stupid, then attacks the media for reporting it. Classic trump. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.13  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.3    4 years ago

Seriously, people  make fun of Trump then turn around and spread nonsense like this? Comedy.

It's also illegal, not that trump is smart enough to know that. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.17  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.6    4 years ago

Reverse psych tricks? Really Texan1211. Just whom do you think you are communicating with in here? No really. Elaborate.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.18  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.11    4 years ago
If I told you to drink something that I know would kill you while telling you it would cure a disease you have, and you did it and died. I would be liable. Trump suggesting the same thing is no different. 30 people died because of his last miracle drug. And now emails have surfaced that he suggested that drug in order to turn a profit. 

Well, right off the bat your 'theory" is shot all to hell. Trump simply didn't tell anyone to inject anything into their bodies, and no amount of left-wing bloviating is gonna change that rather important fact, even if you want to believe he did say it.

If some idiot ingests something based on someone asking a fucking question, then they probably weren't long for this world anyways--just too dumb to live.

I realize that TDS doesn't allow you to actually listen or read to what he actually stated, so I always take that into consideration.

But this is just flat-out STUPID--the reaction from the media and left-wing lapdogs.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.19  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.2.17    4 years ago
Reverse psych tricks? Really Texan1211. 

Keep grasping at those straws and inventing things, buddy!

Just whom do you think you are communicating with in here? 

Well, some of the fine folks here are silly enough to believe that the President actually suggested that people ingest disinfectant, so I don't really have high hopes for them.

Others can apparently read or hear a statement and know that he simply didn't say that.

No really. Elaborate.

What would you have done differently, when would you have done it, and base it on available knowledge at the time your changes would have gone into effect.

When you answer, we can continue.

specifics please--not broad measures that anyone can say----I would like specifics.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.20  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.18    4 years ago
If some idiot ingests something based on someone asking a fucking question, then they probably weren't long for this world anyways--just too dumb to live.

I think they're just saying anything they can to warp what Trump actually said, to convince themselves "Not to do it". jrSmiley_54_smiley_image.gif

OR

They're actually gonna do it, based on what they think the President said, and they just want to have "someone else to blame" when they do it  ! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.21  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.3    4 years ago

I wondered who would be the first to suggest that he is joking.

No, he is the joke, a really really really really really really bad and sick and freaking twisted one.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.22  MrFrost  replied to  dennis smith @1.2.15    4 years ago

Not to worry Frost, I never listen seriously to anything you say.

Likewise. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.23  MrFrost  replied to  dennis smith @1.2.16    4 years ago

You have Trump mistaken for Obama

You have Obama mistaken for trump

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.3  Krishna  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1    4 years ago

Well, to be perfectly honest, I was starting to get a bit bored with eating all those Tide Pods. So Kudos to dear Leader in recommending we down some Chlorox-- sounds like great fun! :-)

Toilet paper move aside...now I can't help but wonder-- now that our respected and many veneered leader has suggested this-- I wouldn't be surprised if my next visit to the grocery store reveals that now Chlorox is the New Tide Pods! (And the shelves will now be devoid of any Chlorox...???)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1    4 years ago

His botched and incompetent handling of this has been deadly.

And now how anyone can continue to support this incompetent bumbling moron is so beyond me

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.4    4 years ago

What would you have done differently, when would you have done it, and please base your decisions on what information was available at the time your changes would have been made.

Specifics, please.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.4.2  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @1.4    4 years ago
His botched and incompetent handling of this has been deadly.

Cuomo's done wonders for his State in stopping the start of "Hot Spots" (Feds …… (Calgon Advertisement)....take me away)  .

Do you believe in "States Rights" ?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     4 years ago

WTF

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

Insanely retarded right? How can anyone support this guy? He clearly has an IQ at least 30 points below 100 (average). 

I would like to see part of his idiot fan base defend this, but they won't because even they are smarter than Trump. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1    4 years ago
I would like to see part of his idiot fan base defend this, but they won't

About that...

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

Comments from our neck of the woods Kavika - 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  1stwarrior @2.2    4 years ago

An arrow dipped in industrial strength disinfectant....that's gonna hurt

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    4 years ago

So Grandpa doesn't know much about medicine and is spitballing. Who cares? Why does it have to be treated like a national crisis every time he does this?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1  lady in black  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago

He is the leader of this country...WORDS matter....sheesh

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  lady in black @3.1    4 years ago
WORDS matter

Then you should pay attention to all the words, in context. Don't just clip out phrases and assign absurd meaning to them. Trump is absurd enough without us making shit up about him.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  lady in black  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.1    4 years ago

I didn't clip anything...HE SAID IT plain as day.  Keep defending the moron.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.3  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.1    4 years ago

Not context about this one dude. Anyone who ever suggests, even in passing, that injecting a disinfectant is a possible option is a certifiable retard. Oh yeah, and he flat out fucking said it, video attached.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  lady in black @3.1.2    4 years ago

Then quote him saying that people should inject themselves with disinfectant. Exact words please.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.1.3    4 years ago
Anyone who ever suggests, even in passing, that injecting a disinfectant is a possible option

When that happens, we’ll have something to talk about, I guess.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.6  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.5    4 years ago

So you will just pretend he didn't say what he said in the video? No point in speaking to you further. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago

Because he has the football and the nuclear codes within his reach 24/7/365 ?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @3.2    4 years ago
Because he has the football and the nuclear codes within his reach 24/7/365 ?

And yet over 3 years in, we haven't come close to him using it, have we?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.1    4 years ago

Not so sure, didn't he threaten Rocket Man with annihilation?

No the dumb ass just kept tweeting about the Fed, forcing them into two rate cuts, the second on a Sunday which sank the stock market the following day.

To make matters worse he bought into the pandemic panic and shut down the economy

willfully coming up with several financial packages which could screw the economy for decades to come.

You are right, he's probably too busy with tweeting and his daily lectures to us to worry about the football, there's no upside for him, yet.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.3  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago
So Grandpa doesn't know much about medicine and is spitballing.

This is beyond "doesn't know", this is straight up being mentally deficient. Who in the fuck doesn't know that injecting some shit like bleach (a disinfectant) into your veins is a bad idea.

Tacos, if I gave you a random list of disinfectants and told you to shoot up with them because they would cure you, would you do it? And if not, why not?

Who cares?

Because it is the POTUS telling his supporters to do something that WILL kill them.

Why does it have to be treated like a national crisis every time he does this?

Because, unfortunately, HE IS THE MOTHERFUCKING PRESIDENT.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.3    4 years ago
if I gave you a random list of disinfectants and told you to shoot up with them because they would cure you, would you do it?

No, but then Trump didn't tell you to do that, either. Did he? Really? Listen again and be honest.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.3.2  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @3.3.1    4 years ago

He merely, suggested it, big difference right? For his retarded base, there is no difference, he is flat out suggesting they kill themselves. Either way, the fact that a POTUS would even entertain such an offensively idiotic thought, and then vocalize it, is proof that he is too mentally retarded to run a fake lemonade stand. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.3.3  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.3.2    4 years ago
He merely, suggested it, big difference right?

No, he really didn’t even do that.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.3.4  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @3.3.3    4 years ago

Of course [not Deleted]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.3.5  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @3.3.3    4 years ago

He "didn't really" tout Hyroxycloroquinie either right?  "game changer"..."incredible stuff"

And yet two fine citizens took aquarium grade HCQ and had heart attacks, one fatal.

The constant unchecked stream of consciousness from Mr Trump isn't working very well.

Some dope right now, this minute is researching what he might inject himself with, guaranteed.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.3.6  bugsy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.3.2    4 years ago
For his retarded base,

I don't think his retarded base consists of liberals who eat fish tank cleaner just to prove their hatred of a man not named Hillary......

Or dumbass liberals already in ICU who say they hope they die because of their hatred for Trump.

Those are the true dumb asses who take his words literally. The intelligent of us know better.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.3.7  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @3.3.5    4 years ago

[deleted]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.3.8  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @3.3.7    4 years ago

removed for context

Obviously those that still support the current Dumb-Ass in Chief occupying the WH.  I usually hold my fire, but this was just too stupid and irresponsible even for Trump-Lovers to cover for.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.3.9  igknorantzrulz  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.3.8    4 years ago

they'll cover ANYTHING, ASZ they have proven.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @3.3.7    4 years ago

Do you know for sure? Do you have a link that says the ones that ingested tank cleaner will anti-trmpers? Don't tell me to go look for it myself because that's not how this works. This is the second time this morning I've seen you make that claim but you haven't shown any proof.

lib50
Professor Silent
3.3.11  lib50  replied to  bugsy @3.3.7    4 years ago
Already Trump haters. Who are the dumbasses here?

The people who try to pretend the man who died was a Trump hater.  Put up or STFU here, because nobody who dislikes Trump would ever take his advice.   So onus is on you, or maybe you are just pulling a Trump, throwing bullshit at the wall to try to deflect from his stupidity.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  lib50 @3.3.11    4 years ago

Well, that's two of us who's asked bugsy for proof of his allegations. I hope you get an answer. I've already asked him twice today

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.3.13  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @3.3.7    4 years ago
removed for context

Knee jerk reaction?  The Phoenix Arizona couple in their 60's, admitted to Banner, to my knowledge have never been identified.

Dr Brooks said the hospital was informed the couple took “at least a couple of days’ worth of normal dosing” of chloroquine phosphate as a preventive agent against COVID-19.

No identities, no partisan BS about who they hate or who they voted for.

If you have better information please share it - that is what this site is supposed to be about,

not unfounded attacks, animosity and name calling.

Thanks in advance Bugsy.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.3.14  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @3.3.6    4 years ago

Again, no evidence.  just ranting at Thrawn?

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.3.15  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.3.10    4 years ago

For the third time...

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.3.16  bugsy  replied to  lib50 @3.3.11    4 years ago

3.3.15 for YOUR daily dose of education.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.3.17  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @3.3.13    4 years ago
The Phoenix Arizona couple in their 60's, admitted to Banner, to my knowledge have never been identified.

As The Washington Free Beacon , which deciphered the woman and her husband’s identities  through descriptions in local news reports asWanda, 61, and Gary, 68. Wanda requested her last name not be identified..

You're welcome...

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.3.18  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @3.3.14    4 years ago
just ranting at Thrawn?

So...3.3.13 you ask for no unfounded attacks or animosity. but then your very next post you throw an unfounded attack and animosity.

The liberal mantra...Do as I say, not as I do.

BTW...I gave you your evidence.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @3.3.15    4 years ago

Did you even bother to read just the headline in your fox news link?

I actually quoted a paragraph in that article to somebody else who is trying to make the same claim that you are (he actually got it half right).

Yes she does not support trmp but she heard trmp touting it so she took it. She didn't say she hated him. You can be a non-supporter but that doesn't make you a hater.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3.20  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @3.3.18    4 years ago

[deleted]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.3.21  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @3.3.18    4 years ago

I saw the links directed at someone else. I had no doubts that you would provide something from Fox, the daily wire or daily caller.

Thanks

Butt 3.1.14 is a question, which you later answered, not a bit of animosity on my part.

SMH.

The liberal mantra...Do as I say, not as I do

Yes you have had that bug up your ass for several years haven't you?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.3.22  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @3.3.6    4 years ago
Or dumbass liberals already in ICU who say they hope they die because of their hatred for Trump.

Got links? 

The intelligent of us know better.

No comment.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.3.23  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @3.3.21    4 years ago
not a bit of animosity on my part.

OK

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.24  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.3.2    4 years ago
He merely, suggested it, big difference right?

Well, some of us have the mental capacity to read or listen to his words and the verdict is in--Trump did not suggest anyone ingest or inject themselves with anything.

For his retarded base, there is no difference, he is flat out suggesting they kill themselves. 

Well, then, all you left-wingers should be extremely happy. Lots of Trump supporters (according to you) will do what the fuck you "think" he suggested and die, won't be able to vote, and you can have Joe Biden as your President. That is your ultimate goal, right--remove Trump from office since you couldn't beat him in 2016?

So why the faux uproar? Why pretend you even fucking CARE about what happens to Trump supporters?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.4  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago

Two words for you, "tan suit". 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.4.1  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @3.4    4 years ago

Oh, for sure. There’s always plenty of partisan absurdity to go around.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.4.2  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @3.4.1    4 years ago

This isn't partisan, Trump suggested people should inject disinfectants, doing that will kill you, That was a fucking dumb ass statement by the most powerful idiot in the world. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.4.3  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.4.2    4 years ago
Trump suggested people should inject disinfectants

Then you should have no trouble providing a quote of him saying precisely that.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.4.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @3.4.3    4 years ago
"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning, " the president said during his daily Covid-19 briefing. A senior health official, under questioning from reporters, later said federal laboratories are not considering or trying to develop such a treatment option.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.4.5  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @3.4.3    4 years ago

Click the link [Deleted] and listen to him say it. [Deleted]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.4.6  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4.4    4 years ago

Yep. If only people would hear the words “is there a way” (i.e. it’s a question) and “something like that” (i.e. not that exact thing but something that would work in a similar way).

Instead, people are literally saying that Trump advised people to inject disinfectant. That’s either deeply dishonest or deeply stupid.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.4.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @3.4.6    4 years ago

Actually Trump is deeply dishonest and stupid. 

The kindest thing you can say about him publicly daydreaming of using disinfectant to treat coronavirus internally is that he is trivializing the whole subject. 

If you are the president and you have nothing intelligent to say , that would be the time to say nothing. 

This kind of thing simply is not defensible, yet you try time after time after time. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.4.8  Snuffy  replied to  Tacos! @3.4.6    4 years ago

yep, the left has a quota of "I hate Trump" statements they must get in daily so they will jump on these things,  somethings they take figuratively and shout out about how stupid he is, and other things they take literally and shout the same words.  Oh well...

and to be honest,  there are probably people out there who are stupid enough that they are thinking of how to get ahold of or make a syringe so that they can shoot up some Bactine.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.4.9  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Snuffy @3.4.8    4 years ago

So you are saying that clip is fake or that he wasn't serious about it? So when exactly should we take him seriously or ignore his dumb ass? 

CB
Professor Principal
3.4.10  CB  replied to  Tacos! @3.4.6    4 years ago

The press briefing room is not the place for chit chat and stray remarks. I thought you knew that before-when Trump supporters were taking every uttered word by the other presidents and their teams formally.

Donald Trump just keeps hauling more and more of his surrogates out on 'fifth avenue' and figuratively firing head shots. . . . Reputations are ruined *snap* just like that. All validity shot after that.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.4.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @3.4.6    4 years ago

Some of those deeply stupid are part of his base. They will hear the words coming out of mouth, not do any critical thinking, then go get the bottle of Chlorox and inject themselves with it.

Some People are that damn stupid, Tacos, and fall on every word from Dear Leader's mouth. You know they do

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.4.12  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4.7    4 years ago

If you are the president and you have nothing intelligent to say , that would be the time to say nothing. 

The problem is that he thinks everything he says is intelligent.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.4.13  Snuffy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.4.9    4 years ago

No, not saying the clip was fake.  What I'm saying is the 'I Hate Trump' crowd is again cherry-picking what pieces they want to listen to and ignoring the rest. Trump clearly asked it as a question to Dr Birx, also asked if they will test to see if it can be done. He also clearly stated that doctors should run the testing.  So I suggest you listen to ALL of the words.

Hell,  this is his nature and we knew it before the election. There were plenty of reports where as a businessman he would walk into a meeting  and toss a bomb-shell and then walk out. The people in the meeting would need to find a way to make it work or to go back to him with evidence why it cannot be done. He thinks that way as thinking outside the box. Sometimes it sounds nuts and sometimes it could actually work. He is who he is and he's not gonna change. And either are the Trump haters as well as the Trump lovers. So all of this back & forth by people arguing over selective words and phrases just shows who the dumb ass's truly are.

As far as when you should take him seriously vs when you should ignore him,  all I can say is use your common sense.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.4.14  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @3.4.6    4 years ago
Yep. If only people would hear the words “is there a way” (i.e. it’s a question) and “something like that” (i.e. not that exact thing but something that would work in a similar way).

Yep, if only people could STOP RATIONALIZING the fact that Trump took a comment about mitigation meant to deal with surfaces and transform it into an intravenous treatment for COVID-19 patients. 

Don't just listen to Trump's comment, listen to what ACTING UNDER SECRETARY BRYAN was talking about just prior to Trump's comments. They were about the use of UV light and disinfectants on SURFACES. 

Seriously. Trump is talking about using the SAME UV spectrum used to disinfect laboratories on COVID-19 patients. The utter stupidity of that concept is galactic. 

Secondly Trump is talking about INJECTING disinfectants. Trying to pretend that he was just spit balling is the ultimate in obfuscation.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.4.15  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.4.11    4 years ago
Some of those deeply stupid are part of his base. They will hear the words coming out of mouth, not do any critical thinking, then go get the bottle of Chlorox and inject themselves with it.

This is more than likely the truth...

Some of those deeply stupid are part of the left base. They will hear the words coming out of mouth, not do any critical thinking, then go get the bottle of Chlorox and inject themselves with it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.4.16  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @3.4.14    4 years ago

Your analysis is just as partisan and oblivious to the actual facts as all the others I have seen here. Not surprising. 

It’s pretty simple: Here’s an approach that works. Can that approach help us in another setting? It is done all the time.

One example that leaps to mind is the use of lasers to treat kill cancer cells inside the body and not just on the outside of the body. Another is the very concept of chemo or radiation therapy, basically poisoning to heal. Or rubbing balms on the skin to reach tendons underneath. But if you have a closed mind, maybe this kind of creative thinking is something you can’t understand.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.4.17  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @3.4.16    4 years ago
Your analysis is just as partisan and oblivious to the actual facts as all the others I have seen here. Not surprising. 

Your analysis of my analysis is just as partisan and oblivious to the actual facts as all the others I have seen you post. Not surprising. 

It’s pretty simple: Here’s an approach that works. Can that approach help us in another setting? It is done all the time.

There is NO 'approach that works' that calls for INJECTING disinfectants Tacos!. JUST STOP.  

One example that leaps to mind is the use of lasers to treat kill cancer cells inside the body and not just on the outside of the body. Another is the very concept of chemo or radiation therapy, basically poisoning to heal. Or rubbing balms on the skin to reach tendons underneath. 

So is it your posit that we should poison COVID-19 patients with disinfectants in lunatic attempt to heal them because Trump had a brain fart?

Ya Tacos!, that's the ticket. To hell with scientifically proven antiviral treatments, lets start shooting bleach. /s

But if you have a closed mind, maybe this kind of creative thinking is something you can’t understand.

This isn't a matter of having a 'closed mind', it's a matter of not being so STUPID that I would ever give the slightest value to the idea of injecting chlorine. 

I find it sad that you would characterize one of Trump's brain farts as 'creative thinking'. Maybe you've taken your professed role as a 'devils advocate' too far down the rabbit hole. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.4.19  JBB  replied to  Tacos! @3.4.3    4 years ago

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?"  Donald J. Trump

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.4.20  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @3.4.17    4 years ago
To hell with scientifically proven antiviral treatments, lets start shooting bleach.

Ooh look! A straw man. How unusual. /s

not being so STUPID that I would ever give the slightest value to the idea of injecting chlorine. 

Oh look! Another straw man. How unusual. No one said anyone should inject chlorine. Stop making up things.

I find it sad that you would characterize one of Trump's brain farts as 'creative thinking'.

I find it sad that you attack people for saying things they didn’t say. No. It’s worse. It’s disgusting.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.5  pat wilson  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago

Because it is a crisis.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.6  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago
So Grandpa doesn't know much about medicine and is spitballing. Who cares?

Are you out of your mind....?????  When your a world leader, every word matters.  Or is it that you are contending that the POTUS shouldn't be listened to as he is no longer a world leader?

In either case..... there is no defending these types of comments. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.6    4 years ago

They dont care Fly. 

All that matters is that Trump makes liberals cry. 

They will let the world go to hell to preserve putdowns of political correctness via trump. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.6.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  JohnRussell @3.6.1    4 years ago

Truth John.......  Doing what is the best for America takes a distant backseat to the desire to score points against anyone that is to the left of the far right bubble.  We've got a bushel of em on this seed as we speak!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.6.3  Tacos!  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.6    4 years ago

There’s no defending the lies people tell about someone just so they can improve their political self-esteem. Shame!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4  MrFrost    4 years ago

Kinda surprised that trump hasn't suggested Russian hooker piss. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  MrFrost @4    4 years ago

I am sure Fauci shut him down the first few times he made the suggestion. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

The stupid, it hurts.

And the defense of the stupid isn't much better.

I never thought we'd have a moron for president, or citizens who know he's a moron, but are fine with it.

But, here we are.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1  Tacos!  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5    4 years ago
I never thought we'd have a moron for president, or citizens who know he's a moron, but are fine with it. But, here we are.

I never thought people would have to lie to find ways to criticize Donald Trump, but here we are. It happens every day.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tacos! @5.1    4 years ago

Nobody has to lie for there to be ways to criticize Donald Trump.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @5.1    4 years ago

I have a simple thought about it. 

Fuck Trump. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.1.1    4 years ago

I agree with you, but they do anyway. And it dilutes the power of legitimate criticism

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.3    4 years ago

The LIARS are those who choose to Deny, or if overwhelmed with video and or recorded evidence, they attempt to deflect about the deviations, our Deviate in Chief, dispicably displays' daily, asz he is strongly weak, a mental pip squeak, an insecure Freak, incompetence, at it's peak, with t5he Truth, play' s  Hide and don't seek, with him at t5he helm. the future looks bleak, Trump should not be seen, or heard to speak, and definitely , not said tongue, in cheek ( where Trump prefers his ass kissers) to cheek out his next mind boggling Tweet, cause boy, Ain't ole Trumpy just Sweet...  

like Bleach, just below, cause he says, they just let him, don't you know

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.1.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1.4    4 years ago

Was I meant to read that in Eminem's voice?  Cuz that's what I did.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.1.5    4 years ago

however it works for ones taste

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.7  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tacos! @5.1    4 years ago

We don't have to lie at all...... All we have to do is post Trump videos to prove he's a moron..... Every Day!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.7    4 years ago
We don't have to lie at all.

The sad part is most progressives do, constantly. 

For all Trump's faults, it's incredible how dishonest  the left has been in attacking him.  

lib50
Professor Silent
5.1.9  lib50  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.8    4 years ago
For all Trump's faults, it's incredible how dishonest  the left has been in attacking him.  

Trump lies every single day.  We see you and others here defend, deflect or deny he said or did what we saw him say and do in real time.  When said lies are confronted, Trump and his defenders attack the messenger - every time.  I wondered how the magas would react to Trump's insanely dangerous and ignorant comments about disinfectants yesterday.  Whoa, the denial of his words are shocking me here. And not much does here.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.10  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @5.1    4 years ago

So does HIS lying.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.11  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.8    4 years ago

The sad part is most progressives do, constantly....

What, by posting videos and documents straight from Trumps lying mouth...?  Are you calling those of us posting those videos and documents from Trump liars?

You're just another Trump apologist Sean......   I wish you would work half as hard at getting to the truth as you do in covering for Trumps lies.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.12  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @5.1    4 years ago

Keep on telling yourself that as you hug your Trumpy bear

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.13  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.1.12    4 years ago

I confide many things to my Trumpy Bear. We’re making snuggling great again.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

93844127_10158256967259628_8130358217856253952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=i0bP_SwYkXMAX8Tu7Vb&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=87e8354ce21699dab35cca6ecb9ade29&oe=5EC7B93E

Freewill
Junior Quiet
6.1  Freewill  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6    4 years ago

Hmmmm.... Hydroxychloroquine is jelly yo.......

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

Trump's suggestion is so ludicrous I'm not surprised there's more than one posting of it on the Front Page.  Well, double the pleasure, double the fun, double my comment about it. 

If Trump is suggesting that the American people should inject themselves with disinfectant, I wonder if to show that he is a leader and example to follow, that on one of his daily two-hour campaign promotion programs he would inject himself with Lysol. Maybe someone will suggest it's even more effective if he were to drink a bottle of it. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
7.1  squiggy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    4 years ago

What's the proper course - ground rhino horn?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  squiggy @7.1    4 years ago

Don't blow it.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  squiggy @7.1    4 years ago

Actually, the "horn" is not horn at all. They are made of keratin which is compromised from the same type of protein that makes up hair and fingernails

squiggy
Junior Silent
7.2  squiggy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    4 years ago

Some people don't have much of a handle on disinfecting anything.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
7.2.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  squiggy @7.2    4 years ago

Deflector shields on full Mr. Scott...!!!!

squiggy
Junior Silent
7.2.2  squiggy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @7.2.1    4 years ago

[deleted]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
7.2.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  squiggy @7.2.2    4 years ago

We don't deny China's hand and responsibility for this outbreak.  But it's equally impossible to dismiss Trump's irresponsible and impotent response here to protect our citizens in the face of this outbreak.  For Trump apologists, they never seem to acknowledge the latter as they are so blinded by the former. 

That being said....... [Deleted!

squiggy
Junior Silent
7.2.4  squiggy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @7.2.3    4 years ago
I suggest that you start pulling on both of your ears until you hear a loud "pop"! 

This is one of those 'fairness in moderation' issues that will exist until I tell you to go [Deleted] yourself, Mr Military Might, calling attention to it.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.2.7  devangelical  replied to    4 years ago

none with libya? none during the gulf war?

derp.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.2.8  Split Personality  replied to  devangelical @7.2.7    4 years ago

none in 2009?  Now THAT was a pile of shit too.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.2.11  devangelical  replied to    4 years ago

I'm sure the US pilots involved in those "not a dogfight" would enjoy hearing your definition of what a dogfight actually entails. double derp.

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.2.12  Kavika   replied to  devangelical @7.2.11    4 years ago

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.2.13  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @7.2.12    4 years ago

oops!

... complete with an iraqi barbecue at the end.

bwah ha ha ha...

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.2.14  devangelical  replied to    4 years ago

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    4 years ago

Lysol is the first disinfectant many people would think of. Even the company that manufactures it got freaked out by Trump's suggestion:

Lysol maker warns against injecting disinfectants after President Trump suggests it as a possible coronavirus treatment

Not only was it an unbelievably ignorant thing for Trump to suggest - but if his loyal fans who were ignorant enough to follow his suggestions, and they haven't already tried that other Hydro...(something) they might have tried Lysol and the result for Trump just might be that he will lose a lot of his votes in November. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
8  squiggy    4 years ago

"He didn't specify the kind of disinfectant."

The TDS/OMB gang still hasn't figured Trump's penchant for floating trial balloons. They'd much rather assign it some nefarious purpose. It's their effort to install Biden who has promised to cure cancer. Here, pull my finger.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  squiggy @8    4 years ago

Now that has to be the best spin I've read today

Trial balloons???? And just what medical school did Donald J Trmp get his MD? Nobody but a doctor/researcher should be floating "trial balloons" looking for a treatment

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.2  Split Personality  replied to  squiggy @8    4 years ago
The TDS/OMB gang still hasn't figured Trump's penchant for floating trial balloons.

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

bugsy
Professor Participates
9  bugsy    4 years ago

Even though Trump did not say what liberals hallucinated he said, if he had a D next to his name, they would be screaming to start trials of injecting people with disinfectant because the D is all that matters.

The sad part is most of the liberal base would be getting in line to get that injection.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
9.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @9    4 years ago
Even though Trump did not say what liberals hallucinated he said, if he had a D next to his name, they would be screaming to start trials of injecting people with disinfectant because the D is all that matters.

That you had to use a qualifier is telling.

Also, the makers of Lysol had to make a public statement yesterday.

As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body. 

Translation:  Trump is an effing idiot for even suggesting such a thing.

Since the makers of Lysol are British-based, they have no D behind their name.

And PS:  Have you even seen the video?    Please watch it and pay particular attention to the moment he looks to Dr. Birx for approval of his incredibly moronic statement.  He's not just looking for her approval, he is expecting her approval.  She averts her eyes and looks down, and then makes some innocuous statement about the 'light and heat' part of his blabbery.  To her credit, she chose not to support the rest of Trump's nonsense.  Also, you should read the comments that accompany the video.  My favorites:  

Dr. Birx kept tightening her scarf, until she passed out.

How Dr Birx can sit there in yet another scarf and not rush the podium to strangle him is beyond me. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @9.1    4 years ago
s a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body. 

They put that statement out because they are fully aware of some on the left taking words literally vice figuratively.

Can you say fish tank cleaner?

lib50
Professor Silent
9.1.2  lib50  replied to  bugsy @9.1.1    4 years ago

Can you say a Trumper died from it?  Because nobody who dislikes Trump and knows he lies would ever take his medical advice.  The woman said they heard Trump tout it and thought why not try it like he suggested.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
9.1.3  Dean Moriarty  replied to  lib50 @9.1.2    4 years ago

"The Arizona woman who said she and her husband drank fish-tank cleaner to ward off coronavirus has donated heavily to Democrats and acknowledges she's not a President Trump supporter -- despite  news reports that she ingested the dangerous drug because she trusted what she thought was the president's advice."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @9.1.2    4 years ago
 The woman said they heard Trump tout it and thought why not try it like he suggested.

Did the woman and her husband take pool chemicals?

Is THAT what you think Trump suggested?

LMMFAO!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.4    4 years ago

They really need to remove warning labels on items ! jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg

Stupid is as Stupid Does ! jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dean Moriarty @9.1.3    4 years ago

That's gonna leave a mark LMMFAO

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lib50 @9.1.2    4 years ago

Taking medical advice from Trump is like taking vegetarian cooking tips from Dahmer.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.1.7    4 years ago
Taking medical advice from Trump is like taking vegetarian cooking tips from Dahmer.

So then we can count on you to let us know if and when Trump does that?

Good to know!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.1.9  Tacos!  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @9.1    4 years ago
Also, the makers of Lysol had to make a public statement yesterday.

Maybe that’s because irresponsible partisans in the journalism racket publish stories claiming people said shit they didn’t say. Stop lying, and maybe companies can stop having to make emergency public statements to counter those lies.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9.1.10  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.1.7    4 years ago

In as much as he was so sure his genius suggestion would really work, he should have to be the first one to receive the injection to prove how right he is, which should make him and his equally inane supporters very happy. Right?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.11  Split Personality  replied to  Dean Moriarty @9.1.3    4 years ago

This is the best and fairest article on the incident, which by the way actually names the couple.

The Free Beacon is not not known for any type of liberal slant.

The chemical is a fresh water algae suppressant which can be used in Koi ponds without "undue" stress on larger fish.

It can be used to kill aquarium algae but not usually while small tropical fish are present.

Pretty sure Wanda should be charged with manslaughter of Gary.

lib50
Professor Silent
9.1.12  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.4    4 years ago
Is THAT what you think Trump suggested?

Look, I can't help Trump's base is stupid - he likes 'em that way.  He likes the uneducated so they believe him.  He said try the drug, why not, what do you have to lose?  And they were stupid and didn't know enough about differences in the two (like Trump wouldn't) and thought, why not.   Are you dumping on fellow magas?  And you are laughing, but nothing funny about this at all.  We have a moron for president who talks out of his ass and listens to people who say what he likes to hear.  And fires those who don't.   His incompetence is causing more death.  Those wasted weeks cost lives.  He fails as leader of the federal government.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @9.1.12    4 years ago
Look, I can't help Trump's base is stupid - he likes 'em that way.  He likes the uneducated so they believe him.  

Oh FFS, The usual bullshit.

Perhaps Trump's base is smart enough to tell the difference between someone ASKING a question and someone MAKING a statement.

As far as the uneducated goes, I suggest you look at what groups make up a large share of the Democratic base. and look at THEIR level of education--among the worst in America.

At least I am smart enough to not even LOOK at the President for medical advice. I suggest you do the same.

If some MORON injects disinfectant, then they get what they get. I just hope they didn't reproduce before doing so.

Trump didn;t tell anyone to do that, so no need to get all worked up over a freaking QUESTION.

JBB
Professor Principal
9.1.14  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.13    4 years ago

I think that people are mostly concerned that The President of the United States of America is babbling about nonsense on national television. It should also be noted that the White House now says Trump will be curtailing future news conferences on the virus after this regrettable public fiasco. He has everyone around him concerned he is losing it. How can he lose what he never had? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @9    4 years ago
he sad part is most of the liberal base would be getting in line to get that injection.

Name just one liberal here who will get in line for an injection of disinfectant

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
9.2.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.2    4 years ago
Name just one liberal here who will get in line for an injection of disinfectant

Not even to save your life? Whats funny is all the TDS sufferers have been going on about Trumps comments and saying he said to drink bleach like a bunch of ignorant dumbasses when low and behold there is a actual procedure where they 'inject' you with something to 'disinfect the body'. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @9.2.1    4 years ago
Not even to save your life?

Um, injecting disinfectant will kill you. Not sure how "save your life" fits. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
9.2.3  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @9.2.2    4 years ago

Try reading my links before you comment.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Trump's blabberings and stupidities are serving one useful purpose. Their aftermath on forums such as this make us see that many Trump supporters are indeed adherents to a cult and are beyond reasonable persuasion.  They cant be changed they can only be defeated. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.1  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @10    4 years ago

You don't get it do you, John?

Most of us do not watch the briefings to hear what Trump has to say initially. We watch for what the experts say and then the best part is when the smug "journalists" try and get a "gotcha" question in showing zero respect for the office, and Trump calls them out for what they really are...frauds.

lib50
Professor Silent
10.1.1  lib50  replied to  bugsy @10.1    4 years ago

'Gotcha questions'? 'Respect for the office'?   Bwahahaha   Since you don't watch them (probably because you know it will be a shitshow of epic proportions), why are you defending them and him?   And do you know what smug means?  Or are you looking at Trump and projecting again?  I've never seen such defense of a person who makes a daily ass out of himself and the country they profess to love. Why?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @10.1    4 years ago

The reporters have respect for the office, although I am sure some of them have no respect for Trump , who is not fit to hold the office. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
11  igknorantzrulz    4 years ago

decided to take precautionary measures and just guzzled LIE SAUL and swallowed a bunch of LSD Lightbulbs,

so now

i, Don't

like Trump,           keep Trippin over my enlightened LIES

for all the World to/from Sea two SHINING sea...REDRUM!!! 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
11.1  pat wilson  replied to  igknorantzrulz @11    4 years ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
12  Kavika     4 years ago

Lysol manufacturer warns against internal use after Trump comments

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Kavika @12    4 years ago

NOW, U TELL ME....

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2  bugsy  replied to  Kavika @12    4 years ago

I really, really hate to say this s/, but I am pretty sure they put that out because of some on the left who have taken words of the president literally.

Can anyone say fish tank cleaner?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  bugsy @12.2    4 years ago

now matterHow LOUD, or How many times

i say it,

you, and so many others won't hear it

Trump IS A LIAR !

fish tank cleaner!

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.2  bugsy  replied to  igknorantzrulz @12.2.1    4 years ago

Well, that once again was incoherent...but not surprising.

Kavika
Professor Principal
12.2.3  Kavika   replied to  bugsy @12.2    4 years ago

I'm sure that they did that not only warn people that it isn't to be used internally in the body but to ensure that they won't be responsible for an injury or death when suggestions or wild thoughts by the president  are made public.  

BTW idiots are alive and well on both sides of the aisle as you well know. 

Good morning bugsy.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.4  bugsy  replied to  Kavika @12.2.3    4 years ago

Good morning to you also.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.5  It Is ME  replied to  bugsy @12.2    4 years ago

Only an idiot could think he "Literally" meant to actually inject household disinfectant cleaner into your system. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning,” the president said during his daily Covid-19 briefing.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.6  bugsy  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.5    4 years ago

Most of the treatments proposed so far have been orally, which take longer to activate than through an injection. It makes sense to ask about an injection form of treatment because the benefits would be shown quicker and that would be a huge boon for those that are near death.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.7  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @12.2.6    4 years ago

You'd have a point, if he had been talking about actual medications.  He wasn't .  He was talking about disinfectants.

It takes a ridiculous amount of spin to make this about delivery methods for legitimate medications instead of injecting disinfectants, which is what actually came out of his mouth.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.8  It Is ME  replied to  bugsy @12.2.6    4 years ago
It makes sense to ask about an injection form of treatment because the benefits would be shown quicker and that would be a huge boon for those that are near death.

Yep !

But that's just a "whoooosh" moment for the "Left".

They just NEED  Trump gone.....no matter how dumb "They" sound when they try and "Twist" words of those they hate.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.9  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.7    4 years ago

He said "SOMETHING LIKE THAT", meaning something that you can inject to help a patient recover faster. Just because he did not say "medication" does not mean he did not mean that.

I swear..TDS and OMB will be the downfall of this country.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.10  sandy-2021492  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.8    4 years ago

The only twisting here is trying to turn "disinfectants" into "treatments".

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.2.11  igknorantzrulz  replied to  bugsy @12.2.9    4 years ago

I swear..TDS and OMB will be the downfall of this country.

Trump is, and has been

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @12.2.9    4 years ago
SOMETHING LIKE THAT

Well, so long as he left you room to spin.  Your argument requires quite a bit of that.  And a hefty dose of Trump Denial Syndrome to say he didn't say what your side is actually quoting him as having said.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.13  It Is ME  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.10    4 years ago
The only twisting here is trying to turn "disinfectants" into "treatments".

What he actually said:

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning ,” the president said during his daily Covid-19 briefing.

Aren't other type antibiotics, a disinfectant for the body ? jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.14  sandy-2021492  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.13    4 years ago

Antibiotics target bacteria (not viruses, BTW).

Disinfectants do not target only the bacteria.  The mechanisms by which they kill bacteria also kill host cells.

So, no, antibiotics are not "disinfectants for the body", unless your goal is also to kill the patient.

Trump is a moron, which he reveals every time he tries to take the mike and talk about science.  You can try to defend it if you like.  It's a lost cause.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.15  It Is ME  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.14    4 years ago

"Antibiotics target bacteria (not viruses, BTW)."

No...... Really ? 

So, Antibiotics" aren't a "disinfectant" for the body ?

And here I thought antibiotics Killed "Sickness".

My bad ! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

"Disinfectants do not target only the bacteria.  The mechanisms by which they kill bacteria also kill host cells."

Your just rambling like the press does, if you thought "I MEANT" the literal definition of "Disinfectant" as found in household products ! jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

disinfectant
[ˌdisənˈfektənt]

ADJECTIVE
causing the destruction of 

"Trump is a moron, which he reveals every time he tries to take the mike and talk about science.  You can try to defend it if you like.  It's a lost cause."

Where did Trump say we need to find a way to inject "Household Products" in order to kill the virus ?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
12.2.16  KDMichigan  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.15    4 years ago

Highly intelligent people know what he was talking about. Then there are those others that think he was talking about bleach...

lib50
Professor Silent
12.2.17  lib50  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.15    4 years ago

If you didn't watch him say it in real time, you can catch it all over the internet.  You can hear his exact words and then come comment on them instead of just wasting a post trying to parse words.  Go listen and come back, otherwise you are just out there trying to shine a turd.  Trump was NOT talking about antibiotics. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.2.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  KDMichigan @12.2.16    4 years ago

disinfectants are not anti-biotics

Do I need to go to Dictionary.com so you can see the difference between the two

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.2.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @12.2    4 years ago

Third time today...I really want to see your link that it was anti-trmpers who ingested that tank cleaner

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.20  sandy-2021492  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.15    4 years ago

It's quite amusing, you accusing anybody of rambling.

Disinfectants are not used internally, because they kill human cells.  Disinfectants kill most bacteria, viruses, and usually fungi (although that's tougher to accomplish) by harsh means that do not discriminate between microbes and human tissue.  Do you want to kill human cells, ItIsMe?  Is that the goal here?

The fact that antibiotics do not kill human cells to a large degree is what allows them to be ingested or injected into humans.  And no, they do not "kill sickness".  They kill bacteria, which are one cause of illness, and they don't kill all bacteria.  If they did, you'd die.  Like you would if you shot up Lysol.

I don't care what you meant by "disinfectant", as you have demonstrated that you use the term interchangeably with "antibiotic".  I care what Trump meant, and he meant disinfectants - things one would use on a nonliving surface, as revealed by his later comments:

Trump then jumped in with further comments. "We're talking about almost a latent sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't work, but it certainly has a big effect if it's on a stationary object," Trump said, not explicitly disavowing the possibility using disinfectants to treat humans,

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.21  sandy-2021492  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.2.19    4 years ago

What, you getting nothing but crickets?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.2.22  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @12.2.9    4 years ago
He said "SOMETHING LIKE THAT", meaning something that you can inject to help a patient recover faster. Just because he did not say "medication" does not mean he did not mean that.

Then until he learns the difference between "disinfectant" and medication" maybe he could just keep his fucking mouth shut

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.2.23  Trout Giggles  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.21    4 years ago

yep....it's bugsy usual MO when he can't answer a question honestly

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.24  It Is ME  replied to  lib50 @12.2.17    4 years ago
You can hear his exact words and then come comment on them instead of just wasting a post trying to parse words.

The words I put up came direct from CNN, NBC, CBS, MSNBC …..etc....

Did they "Parse" his words ?

lib50
Professor Silent
12.2.25  lib50  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.24    4 years ago
Did they "Parse" his words ?

You are trying to Trumpsplain what he 'meant'. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.26  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.13    4 years ago
“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning ,” the president said during his daily Covid-19 briefing.

It is beyond obvious that Trump didn't mean for some fucking idiot to inject themselves with Lysol.

SMMFH at idiots who believe he was.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.27  It Is ME  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.20    4 years ago
I don't care what you meant by "disinfectant", as you have demonstrated that you use the term interchangeably with "antibiotic". 

Still Rambling.

I used disinfectant with antibiotics based on this:

disinfectant 
[ˌdisənˈfektənt] 
ADJECTIVE 

Do antibiotics kill what they are intended to "KILL" ? jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Thus...the use of the word disinfectant (Adjective) (See definition). jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

SEE 4"'s !

"Trump then jumped in with further comments. "We're talking about almost a latent sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't work, but it certainly has a big effect if it's on a stationary object," Trump said, not explicitly disavowing the possibility using disinfectants to treat humans"

Again: jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

disinfectant 
[ˌdisənˈfektənt] 
ADJECTIVE 

Show me he how he meant otherwise ! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2.28  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @12.2.16    4 years ago
Highly intelligent people know what he was talking about.

No comedy please. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.29  It Is ME  replied to  lib50 @12.2.25    4 years ago
You are trying to Trumpsplain what he 'meant'. 

Do "Splain" that, since Trumps wording I used, was pulled from "The Media outlet sites" !

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.2.30  pat wilson  replied to  bugsy @12.2    4 years ago

That brilliant couple in Phoenix were trump supporters.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
12.2.31  Dean Moriarty  replied to  pat wilson @12.2.30    4 years ago

No they weren't.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.2.32  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dean Moriarty @12.2.31    4 years ago

You are correct but did you read the whole article? She took it because:

Wanda drew national attention by claiming that Trump had suggested she consume the fish-tank cleaner with her husband, and that she did so to avoid "getting sick." "My advice is don’t believe anything that the president says and his people because they don’t know what they’re talking about," Wanda told NBC News' Vaughn Hillyard.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2.34  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.26    4 years ago
“I see  the disinfectant  that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And  is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside  or almost a cleaning ,”

Lets analyze this sentence. The "that" is the disinfectant.  He wanted to know if the same process that disinfects a counter could be applied to the inside of a human body.  Does he necessarily mean lysol or another household chemical?   Maybe not, but it was still a really stupid thing to say.  

There is an old adage, people who dont know what they are talking about shouldn't talk.  Thats just common sense, which Trump has very little of. 

No one wants to hear him "think out loud" about coronavirus cures.  We'd like to keep the fact that our president is an idiot to ourselves. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.36  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2.34    4 years ago
Lets analyze this sentence. The "that" is the disinfectant.  He wanted to know if the same process that disinfects a counter could be applied to the inside of a human body. 

Wanting to know (your words, btw) is a far cry from recommending something.

No one wants to hear him "think out loud" about coronavirus cures.

Many of your devices have mute buttons in all likelihood, and I bet they all can be turned off. No one is making you listen, so if you choose to do so, it seems silly to complain to others about what you chose to do.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.37  It Is ME  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.33    4 years ago

You keep using "Disinfectant" as a " Noun ". jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

I've been using it as an " Adjective ", just like the President did. jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

You missed that part....didn't you. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Don't feel bad though, the media keeps making the same mistake too. jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.38  sandy-2021492  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2.34    4 years ago

If Trump doesn't know the difference between an antibiotic and a disinfectant, he should just admit it.  It's not like that's rare, as we see demonstrated above.  But he should hand the microphone to people who do know the difference, and know that "Can we inject a disinfectant" is a stupid damned question, and wouldn't ask such a stupid damned question on national television.  Then he wouldn't need someone to try to tell people that his words didn't mean what words mean, and try to convince us that he isn't as stupid as he sounds.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.2.39  Trout Giggles  replied to    4 years ago

You're back!!!!

Yay! RTB!!!!!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.40  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago
How many times will this be the response from those who continue to feel compelled to defend the actual words, uttered in context, by this fractured individual who daily demonstrates the inability to handle the task at hand? 

Probably as many times as people try to make what Trump says into something else. Or as many times as people invent stuff he doesn't say.

If you think he meant to tell people to go inject themselves with disinfectant, then that is simply your erroneous interpretation.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.2.41  Trout Giggles  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.38    4 years ago

We get his stupid comments then we have to have the band wagon trmp-splain them to us

Only we're not falling for it

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.42  Texan1211  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.2.32    4 years ago
You are correct but did you read the whole article? She took it because:

Bullshit.

She took it because she is an idiot.

How many others did that stupid, stupid thing?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.43  sandy-2021492  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.37    4 years ago

Ok, you want to use it as an adjective.  "Causing the destruction."  Destruction of what, exactly, ItIsMe?

Oh, wait, microorganisms on inert surfaces.  Not within living tissue.  Because it also destroys the living tissue.

Don't feel bad, though.  Trump is making the same mistake.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.44  sandy-2021492  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.2.39    4 years ago

Agreed.  r.t..b..., good to have you back.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.45  It Is ME  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.43    4 years ago
Oh, wait, microorganisms on inert surfaces.  Not within living tissue.  Because it  also  destroys the living tissue.

There ya go "Nouning" it again. jrSmiley_50_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.46  Texan1211  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.2.41    4 years ago
We get his stupid comments then we have to have the band wagon trmp-splain them to us

If ya'll "got it", no explanations would be necessary.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.47  sandy-2021492  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.40    4 years ago
Probably as many times as people try to make what Trump says into something else.

Nobody but his supporters are doing that.  The rest of us are listening to his actual words.  The supporters are the ones who have to try to convince everyone that he didn't say what he clearly said.

It's a motif here.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.48  sandy-2021492  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.45    4 years ago

Nope, you just don't want to admit what a disinfectant is.  It doesn't suit the dishonest narrative you're trying to peddle here.

Also, please review the differences between nouns and adjectives.

"Causing the destruction of microorganisms on an inert surface" is an adjective phrase.  It is merely finishing your adjective phrase, by providing an object.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.49  It Is ME  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.48    4 years ago
Nope, you just don't want to admit what a disinfectant is. 

There's that "NOUN" again.

Are you one of those folks that actually thought he meant that the "Experts" should look into how we humans could inject Household Disinfectants" to help cure the covid-19 virus ?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.2.50  Trout Giggles  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.48    4 years ago

Shit...I have to go to Dictionary.com and get the definitions, don't I?

brb

antibiotic: any of a large group of chemical substances, as penicillin or streptomycin, produced by various microorganisms and fungi, having the capacity in dilute solutions to inhibit the growth of or to destroy bacteria and other microorganisms, used chiefly in the treatment of infectious diseases.

disinfectant: any chemical agent used chiefly on inanimate objects to destroy or inhibit the growth of harmful organisms.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.51  Texan1211  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.47    4 years ago
The rest of us are listening to his actual words.  

Sure doesn't look like it.

If you think that Trump meant for some idiots to actually inject themselves with something, then that is all on you. Own it.

Just like the idiot couple who took chemicals meant for aquariums, what they interpreted Trump as saying doesn't have to based on reality.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.52  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.51    4 years ago
If you think that Trump meant for some idiots to actually inject themselves with something, then that is all on you. Own it.

Ain't …… Gonna ……. Do it ! jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.53  sandy-2021492  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.49    4 years ago

If he were using it as an adjective, he'd have used a noun being described by that adjective.  A disinfectant what?  Solution, powder?

By using the term "disinfectant alone", he is using it as a noun.

But at your insistence, I used an adjective phrase.  I just didn't truncate mine.

Please, before lecturing me on parts of speech, review them yourself.

Look up disinfectants and antibiotics while you're at it.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.2.54  Trout Giggles  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.2.50    4 years ago

ah-HA

I think I found the problem! Both definitions use the word "chemical"

Well, then, they have to be the same thing, right???? Right????

(sarcasm mode off)

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.55  sandy-2021492  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.51    4 years ago
If you think that Trump meant for some idiots to actually inject themselves with something, then that is all on you.

I think he asked a profoundly stupid question, that would have been prevented had he just handed over the mic to people who aren't profoundly stupid.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.56  Texan1211  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.55    4 years ago
I think he asked a profoundly stupid question, that would have been prevented had he just handed over the mic to people who aren't profoundly stupid.

That seems a far cry from insinuating Trump endangered anyone by asking a question.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.57  It Is ME  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.53    4 years ago
By using the term "disinfectant alone", he is using it as a noun.

Do expand since Trump asked...."If there was something "LIKE THAT", that could be used.

Not one time did he say actual "Disinfectants" (Noun) should be used . jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg

Look up disinfectants and antibiotics while you're at it.

You still don't think I know the difference ?

No wonder the "Media" still makes money. It's still able to "work over" some folks. jrSmiley_123_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.58  sandy-2021492  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.56    4 years ago

I don't really think he's endangering anyone.  Anyone who would take medical advice from someone so obviously mentally deficient himself is probably doomed to do something stupid to take themselves out.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2.59  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.36    4 years ago

I long ago stopped expecting true Trumpsters to be reasonable.  NOTHING they now say surprises me. 

Advice to simply "stop listening" to a president of the United States who daily babbles like an idiot is not reasonable advice. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
12.2.60  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @12.2    4 years ago

You seem to really really really like that comment.

As for this:

I am pretty sure they put that out because of some on the left who have taken words of the president literally.

Please point out those 'on the left' on this site that would take the words of Trump literally.  In fact, name 10 lefties anywhere that would take trump at his word about anythig.  Go ahead.  I'll wait.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.61  sandy-2021492  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.57    4 years ago

Adjectives modify nouns, IIM.  What was he describing with the word "disinfectant", if he was using it as a adjective?

And frankly, it doesn't really make a difference, you know.  You're grasping at straws by trying to parse his sentences, and very badly, I must say.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.62  sandy-2021492  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.57    4 years ago
You still don't think I know the difference ?

You're the one trying to use them interchangeably.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.63  It Is ME  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.61    4 years ago
What was he describing with the word "disinfectant", if he was using it as a adjective?

Like he said ….. "Something".

It wasn't hard to understand. jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.64  Texan1211  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.58    4 years ago
I don't really think he's endangering anyone.  

Then this a lot of complaining about nothing.

Anyone who would take medical advice from someone so obviously mentally deficient himself is probably doomed to do something stupid to take themselves out.

Trump didn't dispense any medical advice in his statement.

Stupid people will see or hear what they want. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.65  It Is ME  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.62    4 years ago
You're the one trying to use them interchangeably.

Adjectively.....I sure am. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

I not the one that has a "Noun" obsession ! jrSmiley_46_smiley_image.gif

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.66  sandy-2021492  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.64    4 years ago
Then this a lot of complaining about nothing.

Not really.  Some of us are appalled that the person holding the highest office in our land seems to have the IQ of a potato.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.67  sandy-2021492  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.65    4 years ago
I not the one that has a "Noun" obsession !

Oh?  You're the one who objects to me using the word "disinfectant" as a noun, and who seems unable to identify the noun modified by the word "disinfectant", if Trump was using it as an adjective.

You're also the only one who seems to think that parts of speech matter here, or that if he'd said "disinfectant chemical", in which case he would indeed have been using "disinfectant" as an adjective, would have been any less stupid on his part.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.68  Texan1211  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.66    4 years ago
Not really.

Yes, really.

Some of us are appalled that the person holding the highest office in our land seems to have the IQ of a potato.

Elect someone new in November then. Problem solved.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.69  It Is ME  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.67    4 years ago
Oh?  You're the one who objects to me using the word "disinfectant" as a noun

So you have been using it as a noun !

I knew it !  jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Now....show me how Trump saying "Using Something Like that".....is a Noun that tells folks to inject "Household stuff" one finds under the sink !

"You're also the only one who seems to think that parts of speech matter here, or that if he'd said "disinfectant chemical"

The reality of the "Conjecture" you've been portraying, is really coming out now. jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.70  sandy-2021492  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.69    4 years ago

In the sentence

I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute.

Trump is also using it as a noun.

And it still doesn't make the idea any less stupid.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.71  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.2.19    4 years ago
Third time today

Well being I do not live on this site like some do, you might really want to change your channel off CNN or MSDNC because obviously they are not telling you what you need to know...

That is only three. There are many, many more if you just use your google.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.73  It Is ME  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.70    4 years ago

"Results"....it was all about the "Results"..... not the actual material ! jrSmiley_46_smiley_image.gif

You didn't understand that part ?

Again (knocking on wood now, but what the heck): 

Again (Knock, Knock, Knocking on Wood), where did he say to use what Bill Bryant said they actually used ?

What does "Something Like that" ….mean to you ?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.74  sandy-2021492  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.73    4 years ago

He was suggesting a way to achieve the results.

One that involved surface disinfectants.

You can try to deny it.  But the words are all on video.

I mean, I understand your need to grasp at straws, incorrectly parse his sentences, and so forth.  Defending his stupidity is a tough job.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.100  sandy-2021492  replied to    4 years ago
Maybe in context it was a stupid suggestion, but the left loves to take EVERYTHING he says out of context.

You make that accusation against the left, but it is clear that taking his words out of context was not an issue.  IN CONTEXT, it was a stupid question.

And it's not like it's his first stupid suggestion or question.

Maybe you don't care that the POTUS is an idiot, but I do.  I think it's a bit sad that somebody is ok with an idiot for President.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.2.102  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to    4 years ago

I just did a clean up of this thread for the overall tone and trolling. It better stop or next time I will be writing up tickets to all involved. I will be watching.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
12.2.103  Raven Wing  replied to    4 years ago

Glad to see you back with us. And very well said. I totally agree.

Many prayers and Blessings sent for your wife in her battle with the worst killer of all.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.2.104  Split Personality  replied to    4 years ago
Mrs. r.t..b… is going through her last chemo treatment today. I am restricted from sitting with her and understand the reasoning behind that decision. Like so many others, I am willing to take all precautions necessary to ensure her health and well being going forward.

So sorry to here that especially in these times .

Best wishes to you both.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.105  sandy-2021492  replied to    4 years ago
Not for the long haul

Well, we'll take you for as long as we can have you, but I certainly hope you change your mind.

Best wishes to the missus.  I'm sure it's hard leaving her for treatment, and hard for her to go through it alone.  My cousin's husband is going through the same, and she sits in the parking garage at the hospital.  Hard on both of them, but necessary.

I don't understand the willful disregard, either.  I'm trying to avoid infection, not just because I don't like the idea of being sick, but because if and when I can go back to work, I don't want to immediately have to take weeks off in quarantine because I'm infected and don't want to pass it on to my patients and staff.  If someone gives me this, they've endangered not only my health, but my livelihood.  And that pisses me off.  And I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.106  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.100    4 years ago
I think it's a bit sad that somebody is ok with an idiot for President.

Sorry but we lived through the 8 years before Trump and nobody gave hate like this.

Ender
Professor Principal
12.2.107  Ender  replied to    4 years ago

I agree with the others. You are a voice of reason in seemingly unreasonable times.

I respect your decision just want you to know that your presence was/is appreciated by a lot of us.

My best to you and you wife.

If anything, stop by Sinners/Buttheads for some comedy. : )

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.108  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @12.2.106    4 years ago
nobody gave hate like this.

Obama didn't regularly say monumentally stupid things.

Recognizing that Trump says monumentally stupid things fairly frequently isn't hating him.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.109  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2.59    4 years ago

You have a choice. Own it. Be an adult about it.

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.2.110  devangelical  replied to    4 years ago

my thoughts today are with you and your loved ones. many positive vibes coming your way.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.2.111  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to    4 years ago

Glad to see you back, if only for a little while and best wishes to your wife. May she make a full recovery. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
12.2.112  FLYNAVY1  replied to    4 years ago

13MAR20...... Donald Trump...."I don't take responsibility at all."

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.113  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.108    4 years ago
Obama didn't regularly say monumentally stupid things.

The Cambridge police acted stupidly

If I had a son...

You can keep your doctor

You can keep your plan

Tell Vladmir I will have more flexibility after the election.

At a certain point you've made enough money

I've been to all 57 states

You didn't build that

Bitter people that cling to their guns and bible

Those were just off the top of my head.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.2.114  Split Personality  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.73    4 years ago
What does "Something Like that" ….mean to you ?

That he's wishfully thinking out loud like he's had too many beers at the neighbor's barbecue.

Not what any other POTUS in our lifetime has sounded like at a national press conference,

let alone during a national state of emergency.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.115  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @12.2.114    4 years ago

If I say that he has said some stupid shit in the past, would you admit the left has gone batshit crazy because he won the 2016 election?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.2.116  igknorantzrulz  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.66    4 years ago

U spellde potatoe wrong

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.117  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @12.2.113    4 years ago

None of which are as monumentally stupid as wondering if we can inject disinfectants into patients.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.118  sandy-2021492  replied to  igknorantzrulz @12.2.116    4 years ago

Dan Quayle (or is it Quail?) was my spelling teacher.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.119  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.117    4 years ago
wondering if we can inject disinfectants into patients.

That wasn't your question. You asked if Obama said monumentally stupid stuff.

I provided many examples.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.120  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @12.2.119    4 years ago
That wasn't your question.

I didn't ask a question.  I made a statement.  And no, none of those statements by Obama were as monumentally stupid as wondering if we can inject disinfectants into patients.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.121  It Is ME  replied to  Split Personality @12.2.114    4 years ago
Not what any other POTUS in our lifetime has sounded like at a national press conference, let alone during a national state of emergency.

The "Smooooooth talkers" have done us sooooooo well over all the years …….. for themselves ! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

I wonder why we've kept having "Issues" over all those years with all those "Smooth Talking" Promises we kept getting...….…… hmmmmmmm. jrSmiley_32_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.2.122  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @12.2.106    4 years ago
Sorry but we lived through the 8 years before Trump and nobody gave hate like this.

Sorry, but in my memories, you were there giving it daily as one of the "we".

Own it.  Be an adult about it.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.2.123  Split Personality  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.121    4 years ago

Conflating a virus with politics is pointless.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.2.124  Trout Giggles  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.117    4 years ago

Yeah, none of the stupid things Obama said may have gotten someone killed

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.2.125  It Is ME  replied to  Split Personality @12.2.123    4 years ago

cough ......24/7, everyone that disagreed with Obama was a racist..... or at least "Half Racist" anyway.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.126  Texan1211  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.120    4 years ago
And no, none of those statements by Obama were as monumentally stupid as wondering if we can inject disinfectants into patients.

What exactly do you think the words "something like that" mean?

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.127  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.120    4 years ago
I didn't ask a question.

OK your STATEMENT

Again...you made a STATEMENT about moronic Obama quotes. Once again, I provided examples.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
12.2.128  Tacos!  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.58    4 years ago
Anyone who would take medical advice from someone so obviously mentally deficient himself

In my opinion, anyone who thinks Trump is dispensing “medical advice” is likely mentally deficient themselves.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.129  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @12.2.123    4 years ago
Conflating a virus with politics is pointless.

You're right. The left should stop politicizng the virus.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.130  sandy-2021492  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.126    4 years ago

What do you think he meant, Tex?  What do you think he was suggesting, that hasn't already been thought of by minds far superior to his (not that that's saying much)?

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.131  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.2.124    4 years ago
Yeah, none of the stupid things Obama said may have gotten someone killed

Opinion

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.2.132  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @12.2.129    4 years ago

opinion

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.134  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @12.2.127    4 years ago
Once again, I provided examples.

And none of them were as moronic as "maybe we can inject disinfectant."  Not by any stretch of the imagination.  You might disagree with some of them.  Some of them turned out to be untrue.  Some of them were even mildly stupid.  None of them were as stupid as this, and he didn't regularly sound like an idiot every time somebody put a microphone in front of his face.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.135  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @12.2.122    4 years ago
but in my memories,

Your memory is fading. I criticized, but I never posted hate about Obama.

The left does not criticize. They come out of the gate hating...especially if you support the president.

Ask the Michigan state rep and the Georgia state rep Vernon Jones, both of whom recently supported the president.

They now know left wing hate.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.136  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @12.2.122    4 years ago
Be an adult about it.

Only if you admit the left has gone batshit crazy because Trump won 2016. I already admitted he says some stupid shit.

Now it's your turn to man up.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.137  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @12.2.132    4 years ago
opinion

But a very correct one

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.138  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @12.2.131    4 years ago
Opinion

But a very correct one.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.139  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.134    4 years ago

Seriously, Sandy, if ANYONE takes ANYONE'S advice to inject any kind of cleaner into their body, they are just plain moronic.....even the fish tank kind.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.140  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @12.2.139    4 years ago
Seriously, Sandy, if ANYONE takes ANYONE'S advice to inject any kind of cleaner into their body, they are just plain moronic

As is anyone who suggests the possibility on national TV.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.141  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.140    4 years ago
As is anyone who suggests the possibility on national TV.

That would be true if someone did jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.142  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @12.2.141    4 years ago

Deny it all you like.  The video is there.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.143  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.142    4 years ago

"something like that"

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.144  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @12.2.143    4 years ago

Ok, I'll ask you the same question I asked Tex:

What do you think he was suggesting, that hasn't already been thought of by minds far superior to his (not that that's saying much)?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.2.145  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @12.2.136    4 years ago
Only if you admit the left has gone batshit crazy because Trump won 2016

Sweeping generalization which you generously apply to anyone who disagrees with you.

But, I will man up and disengage from the stupidity on display here from those who seem desperate 

to try to normalize Trump's almost daily rhetoric.

I leave you with this article that does identify Gary & Wanda Lenius with little or no political overtones.

the free beacon, no less. lol.

Wear a mask, stay safe.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.146  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.144    4 years ago

I don't know. I make it a habit to not freak out over everything the president says. I also would not be a dumb ass to inject anything or eat tank cleaner because...well...common sense.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.147  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @12.2.145    4 years ago

OK, let me rephrase....

Only if you admit that MANY on the left has gone batshit crazy because Trump won 2016

No SG, just a simple question.

My wife is a nurse. She makes me wear a mask when we go into places like Wal Mart. The zip code I live in has less than 5 COVID cases.

You stay safe also

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.148  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @12.2.145    4 years ago
But, I will man up and disengage from the stupidity on display here from those who seem desperate  to try to normalize Trump's almost daily rhetoric.

I don't think anyone is trying to "normalize" anything Trump is saying. I think most people know when to freak out over nothing and when not to.

Those with common sense know to not inject anything in their body or eat tank cleaner, then there are those that...well....never mind.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
12.2.149  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @12.2.147    4 years ago

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.150  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @12.2.149    4 years ago

Maybe you will one day man up and admit what I said. Until then..

Peace!!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.151  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @12.2.146    4 years ago

So, you don't know, and Trump doesn't know, but somehow the rest of us are wrong for taking his words at face value, in context.

Ok, sounds reasonable.

Stay safe.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.152  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.151    4 years ago
taking his words at face value, in context.

Look..If you want to inject bleach, go ahead. No one is stopping you, just don't blame Trump for the lack of common sense. This goes for pretty much anybody.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.153  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.151    4 years ago
Stay safe

You also. I have not been to work in 6 weeks so not much of a choice.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
12.2.154  Tacos!  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.151    4 years ago
somehow the rest of us are wrong for taking his words at face value

I wish people would take his words at face value. Because “is there a way?” and “something like that” just does not equal “inject yourself with disinfectant.”

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.155  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @12.2.152    4 years ago
If you want to inject bleach, go ahead.

LOL!  You couldn't convince anyone that Trump didn't say what he said, and now you're trying to act like I've said something I haven't.

Didn't work, either time.  Everyone sees right through such pathetic attempts.  But thanks for the laugh.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.156  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tacos! @12.2.154    4 years ago

You don't have a problem with the fact that he's mulling over such silliness on camera, knowing that the world is watching?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.157  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @12.2.153    4 years ago
I have not been to work in 6 weeks so not much of a choice.

This is my fourth week mostly at home.  I go to the office, see an emergency patient here or there, and the mailman, and the upstairs tenant who maintains his distance.

That, and the occasional trip out for food are all the contact I have with people other than my son.  And he gets out less than I do.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
12.2.158  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @12.2.113    4 years ago

Congratulations!  You got this statement right.....!

".....Obama didn't regularly say monumentally stupid things."

Otherwise.....Deflect... Deflect...Deflect.... 

BTW:  ( Obama isn't the subject! )

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.159  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @12.2.158    4 years ago

Someone was talking to you?

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.160  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @12.2.158    4 years ago
Congratulations!  You got this statement right.....! ".....Obama didn't regularly say monumentally stupid things."

BTW...I never said that. Reading is fundamental.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.161  bugsy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.157    4 years ago

I work in Occupational Therapy PRN. Since the facilities I work out of have not admitted patients since early March, I have not been needed.

Luckily, my wife is a nurse and keeps a regular schedule. Thankfully, she does not have contact with the COVID patients in the hospital where she works.

Thankfully Florida will be back in business soon and I can get back to work in the next month.

Keep the chin up. It will be over soon.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.162  sandy-2021492  replied to  bugsy @12.2.161    4 years ago

Cases are rising quickly here, as are numbers of hospitalized patients.  I think we'll peak later than the rest of the state, due to being rural.

Glad your wife is working, but safe.  Take care.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
12.2.163  Tacos!  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.156    4 years ago

I’m not a fan of spitballing and casual conversation at these briefings, but the content of it does not alarm me because it’s just tossing around ideas. That will happen behind the scenes or in front of the camera. Some people don’t realize that, I guess.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.164  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tacos! @12.2.163    4 years ago

When the ideas are this stupid, I'm alarmed that the presenter of them is supposed to be leading us.

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.2.165  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @12.2.163    4 years ago

Maryland said it's received 100 calls to its coronavirus hotline inquiring about Trump's suggestion that disinfectants might be able to treat COVID-19

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.2.167  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @12.2.154    4 years ago

THE PRESIDENT:  Right.  And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute.  One minute.  And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning.  Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs.  So it would be interesting to check that.  So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with.  But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.

So we’ll see.  But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s — that’s pretty powerful.

Ya, it will be 'interesting to check' what fucking 'medical doctor' will be the first to test the efficacy of injections of disinfectant into COVID-19 patients. Trump will probably give him/her the Presidential Medal of Freedom. 

Oh and see there at the end of his lunatic brain fart that he conflates the 'concept of the light' with 'the way it kills in one minute' which he JUST said was the effect of disinfectant. Trump can't even keep his shit straight during his brain fart. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
12.2.168  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @12.2.15    4 years ago
"Disinfectants do not target only the bacteria.  The mechanisms by which they kill bacteria also kill host cells."

Corona VIRUS isn't bacteria. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
12.2.169  MrFrost  replied to    4 years ago
Mrs. r.t..b… is going through her last chemo treatment today. I am restricted from sitting with her and understand the reasoning behind that decision. Like so many others, I am willing to take all precautions necessary to ensure her health and well being going forward.

I hope it all turns out well. Hang in there. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.2.170  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @12.2.6    4 years ago

I'm pretty sure that the effects of DRINKING bleach is almost as fast as INJECTING it. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
12.2.171  MrFrost  replied to  Dulay @12.2.170    4 years ago

I'm pretty sure that the effects of DRINKING bleach is almost as fast as INJECTING it. 

Well, you just know that some 'brilliant' trump supporting college student is going to butt chug it. 

(Not aimed at you Dulay)

(Disclaimer: The lining in your rectum absorbs liquids by bypassing your liver, so butt chugging even beer can be fatal)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.172  Texan1211  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.130    4 years ago

He was asking a question.

Did you seriously not see that?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.173  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @12.2.127    4 years ago
OK your STATEMENT
Again...you made a STATEMENT about moronic Obama quotes. Once again, I provided examples.

How interesting they want to parse words now but won't look at what Trumps ASKED and instead say he "suggested" something.

CB
Professor Principal
12.2.174  CB  replied to  KDMichigan @12.2.16    4 years ago

So you come here every day - or so often - because you think we need a language expert? I am not insulted, oddly enough. Trump is going to burst his own bubble and all "this" will stop!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.175  sandy-2021492  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.172    4 years ago
Did you seriously not see that?

You know, this has already been answered.  John said it just fine, umpteen posts ago:

Lets analyze this sentence. The "that" is the disinfectant.  He wanted to know if the same process that disinfects a counter could be applied to the inside of a human body.  Does he necessarily mean lysol or another household chemical?   Maybe not, but it was still a really stupid thing to say.  

Yes, it was a question.  And it was a stupid one.  It's the sort of thing, if he had to ask it at all (and he shouldn't have had to ask it), he should have asked his experts off-camera.  They could have brought him reasonably up to speed, or just told him that they would cover that issue themselves.

But he's not smart enough to do that, and in his need to look like a stable genius, decided to wing it.  And that was a bad move on his part.  It never goes well for Trump when he goes off script.  That's when his people have to run around putting out fires.

CB
Professor Principal
12.2.176  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.56    4 years ago

You are working so hard at being a language expert. Why? Language-plain this: "I'm a stable-genius."  Trump said.

If that is the case, why do you keep trolling him press statements with your own fake interpretations?  Yes. Fake interpretations!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
12.2.177  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @12.2.167    4 years ago

He was clearly referencing a conversation they had had earlier. You didn’t get the whole thing. Why do I bother? You don’t care about the actual facts. You just care about attacking someone for something he didn’t say.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
12.2.178  Snuffy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2.175    4 years ago

Yes, it was a stupid question to ask. As I've said before, it's been well stated that as a businessman Trump had a habit of walking into meetings dropping a bombshell and walking out leaving it up to the people in the meeting to either figure out how to make his"suggestion" work or to explain to him why it could not be done. He's been rather successful with it. He likes to think of it as a way of thinking outside the box, and not being constrained by pre-conceived ideas can sometimes provide an ah-ha moment of great insight. And there are times and places where that sort of action can help, even in government service.  But not in the middle of a press conference.

I think that may be why today's press conference was so short. He saw what the reaction to this was and was talked to by others and is embarrassed with it all so rather than face an angry crowd (and you do have to admit the press is almost anything but friendly) he hid from them. Maybe this will turn out to be a good thing,  maybe the team itself can run more of the press conference and it can stop being a Trump Campaign event.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2.179  sandy-2021492  replied to  Snuffy @12.2.178    4 years ago
Maybe this will turn out to be a good thing,  maybe the team itself can run more of the press conference and it can stop being a Trump Campaign event.

I hope you're right.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.2.180  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Snuffy @12.2.178    4 years ago

impressive

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.181  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @12.2.165    4 years ago
Maryland said it's received 100 calls to its coronavirus hotline inquiring about Trump's suggestion that disinfectants might be able to treat COVID-19

Either it was a bunch of idiots trying to make the news and have someone cut and paste a link on a little known blog, or Maryland is just full of idiots.

I know I kinda just repeated myself.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.182  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @12.2.171    4 years ago
Well, you just know that some 'brilliant' trump supporting college student is going to butt chug it

It sure wasn't a Trump supporter that ate fish tank cleaner, so the chances of the person chugging bleach is very small that it will be a Trump supporter.

Ender
Professor Principal
13  Ender    4 years ago

Holy crap. Is there nothing some people will not defend the blabbering idiot in chief for?

Sometimes I think some people just need to be smacked with a wet mackerel.

Hate to break the news to some butt when one needs to try to explain it all away, the argument is already most likely lost.

donald...maybe we should do this

donald fan club...he didn't say that...He didn't mean that...That is not what he said...You are putting words into his mouth...He was talking about something else...

My favorite now has to be, noun vs adjective. Like that somehow changes what he said...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @13    4 years ago
Hate to break the news to some butt when one needs to try to explain it all away, the argument is already most likely lost.

Do you think Trump suggested for people to inject themselves with something?

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.1  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1    4 years ago

I think donald is a moron and now am thinking, so are some of his die-hard defenders.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @13.1.1    4 years ago
I think donald is a moron and now am thinking, so are some of his die-hard defenders.

Funny, I was just thinking that the morons thinking that Trump suggested for people to inject themselves with anything are beyond redemption.

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.3  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.2    4 years ago

Derp

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @13.1.3    4 years ago

Real sorry you didn't understand it.

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.5  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.4    4 years ago

Don't worry,donald can knight you.

It is an honour coming from the king of derps.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @13.1.5    4 years ago

Why on earth would I worry because you didn't understand something??

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.7  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @13.1.6    4 years ago

The train has left the station folks...

bugsy
Professor Participates
13.1.8  bugsy  replied to  Ender @13.1.7    4 years ago
The train has left the station folks...

Sorry to see you go...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @13.1.8    4 years ago
Sorry to see you go...

Well, that makes one!

LOL!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
13.2  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @13    4 years ago
My favorite now has to be, noun vs adjective. Like that somehow changes what he said...

Actually, in sentence structuring, it's an important part of the sentence in order to give the "Reader" the true meaning of what someone is trying to convey. 

You didn't know that ? jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

"Conjecture" and "Innuendos" just don't cut it !

Ender
Professor Principal
13.2.1  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @13.2    4 years ago

Must defend donald...at all cost...

No matter how you try to twist it, it doesn't change what he said.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
13.2.2  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @13.2.1    4 years ago
Must defend donald...at all cost...

Since an "Outsider" won the "Presidency", the "Twist" has been a "Constant"...… for the "Left" !

"Reason" went out the window !

So did "Common Sense" !

In your mind....has Trump done ANYTHING right since he became President of this country ?

Ender
Professor Principal
13.2.3  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @13.2.2    4 years ago

Sorry but, after almost four years, donald is not an outsider.

Imo the people without reason are the one that think they have to constantly defend every moronic statement he makes.

Honestly, every once in a while he does something I think could be in the countries best interest, then he fucks it up.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
13.2.4  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @13.2.3    4 years ago
Sorry but, after almost four years, donald is not an outsider.

Maybe the media shoulda waited a year, before constantly attacking him since January 2016 ?

maybe if they had waited, their "Relevance" wouldn't be down the tubes like it is now ?

Hell....even during the Romney v. Obama campaign, the media was making shit up about Romney....and got caught ! 

Ender
Professor Principal
13.2.5  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @13.2.4    4 years ago

Why? He was an ass before he decided to run.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
13.2.6  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @13.2.5    4 years ago

That won awards before becoming president too.

Pelosi's an ass.....do you like her ?

Ender
Professor Principal
13.2.7  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @13.2.6    4 years ago

That also had multiple lawsuits before becoming president.

And no, not a Pelosi fan. She should have handed over the gavel when they won back the house.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
13.2.8  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @13.2.7    4 years ago
That also had multiple lawsuits before becoming president.

Unlike "Professional Politicians" whom are really immune to "lawsuits", yet make millions after being elected.

The only ones that don't have "Lawsuits' against them....are peons like us. The private sector Big Boys deal with stuff like that everyday !

I hope "Purity" isn't your line draw for "electing Someone" ! I like results.

At least Trump didn't "Smash another Country", like the last President did.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @13    4 years ago

It reminds me of Abbott and Costello

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13.4  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @13    4 years ago

That’s a pretty horrible standard. All you have to do is lie about someone and they lose because they fight back against the lie? Oh wait, I have seen this before. We have seen many people accused of being racist and if they deny it, that’s just proof of how racist they are. I knew I recognized this tactic.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
15  JohnRussell    4 years ago

These rightwingers just talk nonsense, and they have no shame about it.  Its sad for this site. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
15.1  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @15    4 years ago
These rightwingers just talk nonsense, and they have no shame about it.  Its sad for this site

Maybe you can admit the same for the left?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
15.2  pat wilson  replied to  JohnRussell @15    4 years ago

trump is now saying he was "joking". What an asshole !

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
15.2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @15.2    4 years ago
trump is now saying he was "joking".

Yeah...riiiight. A joke that has the potential of killing someone who may not be well enough mentally to understand that the 'medicine' Trump was talking about is deadly, and inject themselves or someone else with a disinfectant with the errant understanding that it could cure them of the virus, or protect them from getting it.

Words have consequences, and in this case, what Trump said, joking or not, the consequences can cost someone their life.

Funny? Only in the eyes of those who have no respect for human life.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
16  Freewill    4 years ago
And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

There is.  It's called a vaccine, but it is still 12 plus months away.

I won't disagree with the observation of Trump's penchant for wording things stupidly.  Like I have said before, a third grade vocabulary is not good start for a President.  But I do find it interesting that folks will go the extra mile to take something he already butchered grammatically and read into it their own even worse meaning.  How does one arrive at Trump suggesting people inject Clorox from what he actually said , or from the rhetorical QUESTION that he was asking?  He was asking if there was a way to come up with something injectable that had the same impact on the virus as disinfectants do outside the body.  To interpret his inquiry, although uttered in child-like fashion, any other way is simply partisan poppy-cock.  But c'est la vie I suppose.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
16.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Freewill @16    4 years ago

FW, he said what he said.  He speculated about injecting disinfectants. Not vaccines.  Not antibiotics.  Not antivirals.

Hell, in his press briefing, even he didn't try to say he didn't mean disinfectants.  According to him, he meant disinfectants, but sarcastically.  He then proceeded to demonstrate disinfectant use on his hands, where one would use not a disinfectant, but an antiseptic.  Because disinfectants kill host tissue, and aren't used on skin for that reason.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
16.1.1  Freewill  replied to  sandy-2021492 @16.1    4 years ago
he said what he said

That is exactly my point Sandy!  Go back and listen to the whole video and listen carefully to the question he asked of his medical experts. 

"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

He was clearly talking about the impact that a disinfectant has (knocking out the virus within a minute), and asking the experts if there is a way to come up with something like that by injection inside the body?   I wish one of them would have said, "Oh you mean like a vaccine Mr. President? Yes we are working on that"  and it would have been the end of it.  He wasn't talking about straight up injecting disinfectant or suggesting that anyone do that as this article and some news sites would lead one to believe.  He was simply asking, albeit like a child, if there was something in the works that could be injected and have the same or similar effect as disinfectants do outside the body in terms of neutralizing the virus..

Honestly, you have to really stretch what he said to conclude that he is "suggesting that people inject disinfectants" or even that he "suggested the possibility of an "injection" of disinfectant into a person infected with the coronavirus"  as some of these "news" sources report.

Having said that, I don't know where the fuck he was going with his response to this whole thing afterwards, or why all of the sudden he is claiming it was sarcasm aimed at reporters and not a question to his experts which it clearly was.  All I can say at this point is that perhaps the best bet here would be a muzzle and a twitter handler, just so nobody misinterprets his childish musings, including the media who live for that sort of thing.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
16.1.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Freewill @16.1.1    4 years ago

That's not really how a vaccine works, either.

Nor antibiotics, nor antivirals.

Disinfectants sometimes do.

He said disinfectants.  He meant disinfectants.  Given the chance to attempt to walk it back, even he didn't try to deny that he meant disinfectants, because disinfectants are what he meant.  To say that's not what he meant when even he goes along with the story that that's what he meant is a stretch.  

So we're going to have to agree to disagree on that.

We will agree that he should be muzzled.  And it's a sad day for the US when two people who can't even agree on what he said still both agree that it was bad enough that he should be muzzled.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
16.1.3  Freewill  replied to  sandy-2021492 @16.1.2    4 years ago
And it's a sad day for the US when two people who can't even agree on what he said still both agree that it was bad enough that he should be muzzled.

Indeed.  He should just let the experts speak and not add any of his own commentary.  It's quite simple.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
16.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @16.1.4    4 years ago

Made more sense than anything Biden had to offer and certainly the fucking media.

Right? How DARE the media report what trump says! Those monsters!

Here is something that Joe Biden said this morning, you going to disagree with this as well? 

Pinned Tweet
oneP6BrA_bigger.jpg
Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
I can’t believe I have to say this, but please don’t drink bleach.
11:25 AM · Apr 24, 2020 · TweetDeck
174.4K Retweets
820.2K Likes

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @16.1.5    4 years ago

I suppose the mere fact that Trump didn't suggest for anyone to ingest disinfectant doesn't really matter to those suffering from acute TDS.

TDS and Coronavirus have something in common.

No known cure.

bugsy
Professor Participates
16.1.8  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @16.1.6    4 years ago
No known cure.

Well, to clarify, there is a good chance corona virus will at least have a vaccine sometime next year. TDS will not have a cure for at least 5 years. Then depending on who succeeds him, if it is a Democrat, TDS will continue in the form of blaming everything that does wrong in another democrat administration.

TDS is far stronger than any virus.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
16.1.11  sandy-2021492  replied to  Kathleen @16.1.7    4 years ago

I'm aware of that.  Do you think that him asking about injecting disinfectants was a presidential move?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
16.1.13  sandy-2021492  replied to  Kathleen @16.1.12    4 years ago

My feelings are that I'd rather have a president smart enough to not need to ask, or, barring that, smart enough to ask off camera rather than publicly make a fool of himself.

My hope is as snuffy mentioned somewhere on this page - he'll be less of a presence in these briefings going forward, so he won't have as many opportunities to embarass himself.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
16.1.15  It Is ME  replied to  sandy-2021492 @16.1.13    4 years ago
My feelings are that I'd rather have a president smart enough to not need to ask, or, barring that, smart enough to ask off camera rather than publicly make a fool of himself.

But, But, But ……. We must have a " Transparent Government". jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Pelosi said, “a Democratic Congress will be led with transparency and openness."  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
16.1.16  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @16.1.8    4 years ago
TDS is far stronger than any virus.

Trump and most of the right wing has had ODS for 12 years and counting. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
16.1.17  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @16.1.16    4 years ago
Trump and most of the right wing has had ODS for 12 years and counting. 

No one knows what that is so....no

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
16.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Freewill @16    4 years ago

The president of the United States should not be spitballing or hypothesizing about medical issues in a program televised to the nation. First of all, it makes him look like a dumbass. He knows nothing about these things. Secondly, some of his followers might take him seriously and drink some household disinfectant because Trump told them it worked to kill the virus. I wouldnt rule that out. 

Freewill
Junior Quiet
16.2.1  Freewill  replied to  JohnRussell @16.2    4 years ago
The president of the United States should not be spitballing or hypothesizing about medical issues in a program televised to the nation. First of all, it makes him look like a dumbass. He knows nothing about these things. 

Cannot argue with you on that point John.  We are in agreement on that. 

But since he did spitball or hypothesize about medical issues, can we at least address what he ACTUALLY said rather than spitballing or hypothesizing about what some claim he "suggested"?  At the same time hopefully we clear things up so that people don't actually think he is suggesting these things like the media is telling them that he is.

People - DO NOT INJECT DISINFECTANTS, THAT IS NOT WHAT YOUR PRESIDENT IS SUGGESTING.  That would have been a better headline, that could potentially save some lives, yes?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
20  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

All right, folks, I'm giving this article half an hour, then locking it due to the seeder's absence.  Speak now, or forever hold your peace!