Discussions

Author Herman Wouk Dead At Age 103

Author Herman Wouk Dead At Age 103

Via: john-russell  •  Readers, etc.  •  5 Comments  •  6 months ago

Herman Wouk , whose taut shipboard drama “The Caine Mutiny” lifted him to the top of the best-seller lists, where he remained for most of a career that extended past his 100th year thanks to...
Woman Turns The 110-Year-Old Tree Stump In Her Yard Into A Magical Miniature Free Library

Woman Turns The 110-Year-Old Tree Stump In Her Yard Into A Magical Miniature Free Library

Via: jasper2529  •  Readers, etc.  •  34 Comments  •  10 months ago

In 2019, many book lovers are more likely to grab their Kindles and head to a chic café than visit their local library. That means nonprofit organizations like   Little Free Library , which work...
The People's Almanac

The People's Almanac

Via: johnrussell  •  Readers, etc.  •  2 Comments  •  last year

The People's Almanac , written by David Wallechinsky and Irving Wallace was published in 1975.  To many people, it was sort of the internet before the internet was invented, a way to learn...
Freddy the Pig - Incredible Children's Books

Freddy the Pig - Incredible Children's Books

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Readers, etc.  •  4 Comments  •  last year

Freddy the Pig My first comment explains my connection to this series of books - from when I was a child. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to navigation Jump to...
Collier's Junior Classics. and other stories

Collier's Junior Classics. and other stories

By: katrix  •  Readers, etc.  •  9 Comments  •  last year

So, we have a new category .. for anyone who likes to read.  I don't watch much TV (except some sports - go CAPS!), but don't get me wrong .. not watching TV doesn't mean I am on some higher...