The Meaning and Origin of ‘For Whom the Bell Tolls; It Tolls for Thee’

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Readers, etc.  •  5 Comments  •  2 years ago

Pioneering feminist author bell hooks dies aged 69

Pioneering feminist author bell hooks dies aged 69

Via: hallux  •  Readers, etc.  •  4 Comments  •  3 years ago

WAS SHAKESPEARE A WOMAN?

WAS SHAKESPEARE A WOMAN?

Via: hallux  •  Readers, etc.  •  14 Comments  •  3 years ago

The author does not come to a conclusion, had she it would have been splashed around the world with headlines sending academics scurrying throughout the tunnels of Ivory Towers.
THE PLOT TO HACK AMERICA  How Putin's Cyberspies and Wikileaks Tried To Steal the 2016 Election

THE PLOT TO HACK AMERICA How Putin's Cyberspies and Wikileaks Tried To Steal the 2016 Election

Via: cb  •  Readers, etc.  •  7 Comments  •  3 years ago

Battlegrounds: The Fight to Defend the Free World

Battlegrounds: The Fight to Defend the Free World

Via: cb  •  Readers, etc.  •  6 Comments  •  4 years ago

My Take On This Book! Mr. McMaster has written a thorough book about Russia, China, Iran, and many other military and political historical and present day events and happenings. H. R....
The New Jane Austen Society

The New Jane Austen Society

By: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Readers, etc.  •  1 Comments  •  4 years ago

The New Jane Austen Society It should not take much Persuasion for literary NT members to show some good Sense and Sensibility rather than unwarranted Pride and Prejudice to be...
Author Herman Wouk Dead At Age 103

Author Herman Wouk Dead At Age 103

Via: john-russell  •  Readers, etc.  •  5 Comments  •  5 years ago

Herman Wouk , whose taut shipboard drama “The Caine Mutiny” lifted him to the top of the best-seller lists, where he remained for most of a career that extended past his 100th year thanks to...
Woman Turns The 110-Year-Old Tree Stump In Her Yard Into A Magical Miniature Free Library

Woman Turns The 110-Year-Old Tree Stump In Her Yard Into A Magical Miniature Free Library

Via: jasper2529  •  Readers, etc.  •  34 Comments  •  5 years ago

In 2019, many book lovers are more likely to grab their Kindles and head to a chic café than visit their local library. That means nonprofit organizations like   Little Free Library , which work...
The People's Almanac

The People's Almanac

Via: johnrussell  •  Readers, etc.  •  2 Comments  •  6 years ago

The People's Almanac , written by David Wallechinsky and Irving Wallace was published in 1975.  To many people, it was sort of the internet before the internet was invented, a way to learn...
Freddy the Pig - Incredible Children's Books

Freddy the Pig - Incredible Children's Books

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Readers, etc.  •  4 Comments  •  6 years ago

Freddy the Pig My first comment explains my connection to this series of books - from when I was a child. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to navigation Jump to...
Collier's Junior Classics. and other stories

Collier's Junior Classics. and other stories

By: katrix  •  Readers, etc.  •  9 Comments  •  6 years ago

So, we have a new category .. for anyone who likes to read.  I don't watch much TV (except some sports - go CAPS!), but don't get me wrong .. not watching TV doesn't mean I am on some higher...