╌>

Discussions

Why is England called England?

Why is England called England?

Via: outis  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  7 Comments  •  one month ago

Language entertains me...
The Perseverance rover’s 15.44-mile path had it landed at the Washington Monument

The Perseverance rover’s 15.44-mile path had it landed at the Washington Monument

Via: outis  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  2 Comments  •  one month ago

"15.44 miles" doesn't sound like much. This is a brilliant way of giving perspective.
The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home

Via: outis  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  10 Comments  •  2 months ago

This should be a movie. Directed by Steven Spielberg. Starring Tom Hanks.
Frigid Beauty

Frigid Beauty

By: evilone  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  16 Comments  •  2 months ago

The Lee A Tragurtha steaming into Duluth Harbor for it's winter layup. Video provided by the Duluth Harbor Cams. Duluth MN. 
LALISH, IRAQ In Northern Iraq there is a place called Lalish where the Yezidis say the universe was born.

LALISH, IRAQ In Northern Iraq there is a place called Lalish where the Yezidis say the universe was born.

Via: krishna  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  40 Comments  •  4 months ago

A while back I seeded an article re: the Yazidis. They are a unique and very unusual religion. I believe they were originally Kurds but have developed their own religion. Like the Kurds in...
The Bowery: Is Manhattan's Edgiest Street Losing its Soul?

The Bowery: Is Manhattan's Edgiest Street Losing its Soul?

Via: jbb  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  3 Comments  •  5 months ago

July 8th at 7:15 ET

July 8th at 7:15 ET

Via: bob-nelson  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  0 Comments  •  9 months ago

I think Newstalkers needs more variety. So I'll supply some. I have no desire to "moderate", so I'll lock my articles immediately. If you enjoy my seeds... that's great! If not, just...
Do We Really Need to Travel?

Do We Really Need to Travel?

Via: john-russell  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  16 Comments  •  9 months ago

Diwali 2020: When is it and how is it celebrated?

Diwali 2020: When is it and how is it celebrated?

Via: freefaller  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  3 Comments  •  10 months ago

Diwali, also known as the festival of lights, is the biggest festival celebrated by Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists around the world. Its date changes every year and commemorates different things...
Disappointing Photos Show What It's Really Like to Visit the Hamptons

Disappointing Photos Show What It's Really Like to Visit the Hamptons

Via: john-russell  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  10 Comments  •  2 years ago

A LOVE LETTER TO THE ‘BEST MOUNTAIN RANGE ON EARTH’

A LOVE LETTER TO THE ‘BEST MOUNTAIN RANGE ON EARTH’

Via: hallux  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  7 Comments  •  2 years ago

What Was The Best Family Road Trip You've Ever Taken?

What Was The Best Family Road Trip You've Ever Taken?

By: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  10 Comments  •  3 years ago

What Was The Best Family Road Trip You've Ever Taken? I just read an article about family road trips, and it gave me the idea to write this article.  Road trips are common in Canada and...
Fun Maps According to the American Perspective

Fun Maps According to the American Perspective

By: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  9 Comments  •  3 years ago

Fun Maps According to the American Perspective . . . . . . . . .. .
Man Received A Paycheck For 15 Years Despite Never Showing Up For Work, Authorities Say | The Daily Wire

Man Received A Paycheck For 15 Years Despite Never Showing Up For Work, Authorities Say | The Daily Wire

Via: sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  24 Comments  •  3 years ago

The Long White Cloud

The Long White Cloud

By: malamuteman  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  19 Comments  •  4 years ago

Yesterday (March 20th) we returned home after a wonderful vacation in New Zealand. We came back four days earlier than we had planned to come back because of the worldwide Covid mess. Near...
Man requests 'trial by combat' with Japanese swords to settle custody battle with ex-wife

Man requests 'trial by combat' with Japanese swords to settle custody battle with ex-wife

Via: freefaller  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  25 Comments  •  4 years ago

DES MOINES – A Kansas man has asked an Iowa court to grant his motion for trial by combat so he can meet his ex-wife and her attorney "on the field of battle where (he) will rend their souls...
America’s Great Divide: From Obama to Trump

America’s Great Divide: From Obama to Trump

Via: larry-hampton  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  80 Comments  •  4 years ago

Iran protests: Crowds in Tehran refuse to walk on U.S. and Israeli flags

Iran protests: Crowds in Tehran refuse to walk on U.S. and Israeli flags

Via: perrie-halpern  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  7 Comments  •  4 years ago

'Our enemy is here': Iran protesters demand that leaders quit after plane downed

'Our enemy is here': Iran protesters demand that leaders quit after plane downed

Via: krishna  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  12 Comments  •  4 years ago

Demonstrators light candles while gathering during a vigil for the victims of the Ukraine International Airlines flight Credit: Ali Mohammadi/Bloomberg DUBAI (Reuters) - Protests erupted...
Turkish soldiers detained over ties to US cleric

Turkish soldiers detained over ties to US cleric

Via: vic-eldred  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  1 Comments  •  4 years ago

Over 100 Turkish soldiers have been detained by the country's authorities for suspected links to a U.S.-based Muslim cleric who Ankara blames for a failed 2016 coup attempt. Anadolu Agency,...
AP Fact Check: Trump’s distortions are across the board

AP Fact Check: Trump’s distortions are across the board

Via: tessylo  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  3 Comments  •  4 years ago

By — Calvin Woodward, Associated Press AP Fact Check: Trump’s distortions are across the board Politics   Jan 11, 2020 5:06 PM EST WASHINGTON — President Donald...
Everyday Australians step up as relentless wildfires push country to the brink

Everyday Australians step up as relentless wildfires push country to the brink

Via: perrie-halpern  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  4 Comments  •  4 years ago

Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade: Trump Bringing Obama Into Iran Discussion ‘Doesn’t Make Sense’

Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade: Trump Bringing Obama Into Iran Discussion ‘Doesn’t Make Sense’

Via: krishna  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  16 Comments  •  4 years ago

Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade: Trump Bringing Obama Into Iran Discussion ‘Doesn’t Make Sense’ “Fox & Friends” co-host Brian Kilmeade has shared his disapproval of President Trump’s...
Fox & Friends' Steve Doocy wonders what would happen if the U.S. accidentally shot down a jet. Geraldo Rivera reminds him 'we did.'

Fox & Friends' Steve Doocy wonders what would happen if the U.S. accidentally shot down a jet. Geraldo Rivera reminds him 'we did.'

Via: krishna  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  8 Comments  •  4 years ago

What would happen if the United States accidentally shot down a jetliner like Iran apparently did this week? There's no need to speculate, as Fox News' Geraldo Rivera just pointed out. The...
Protests erupt in Iran over plane's downing that killed 176

Protests erupt in Iran over plane's downing that killed 176

Via: perrie-halpern  •  Travel, Geography and Foreign Cultures  •  4 Comments  •  4 years ago