╌>

'Homosexuality is Defined by God as Sin' -- The 'Conversion Therapy' is Jesus

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  147 comments

'Homosexuality is Defined by God as Sin' -- The 'Conversion Therapy' is Jesus
Commenting on legislation introduced by congressional Democrats to ban conversion therapy -- even for homoseuxals who want the treatment -- Reverend Franklin Graham said all persons are born with a fallen, sinful nature and that God defines homosexual behavior as a "sin," an "abomination to Him." The one "conversion therapy" that works for all sin, said Graham, is to ask "Jesus Christ to come into our hearts."

This week, Democrats introduced the "Therapeutic Fraud Prevention Act of 2017," which would allow the Federal Trade Commission to classify conversion therapy as fraudulent. House Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) said, "LGBTQ people were born perfect; there is nothing to treat them for."

Conversion therapy, or reparative therapy is a psychotherapeutic treatment that can reduce unwanted same-sex attraction in an individual and help him (or her) affirm their heterosexuality. It is a voluntary treatment.

In an April 28 post on Facebook, Franklin Graham wrote, "Now Democrats are proposing a bill to ban conversion therapy in the United States, saying that LGBTQ people were born perfect."

"Actually, they are very misled," said Graham. "We were all born imperfect, with sinful natures -- yet loved by God who offers us forgiveness and wholeness through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ."

"Homosexuality is defined by God as sin, an abomination to Him," said Graham. "There’s one 'conversion therapy' that works for all sin, and that is asking Jesus Christ to come into our hearts. He can transform and heal our lives, making us new."

"The Bible tells us, 'Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come' (2 Cor. 5:17)," said Rev. Graham.

In 1952, homosexuality was classified as a mental illness in the first edition of the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). In 1973, the DSM removed homosexuality from its mental disorder category primarily because of extensive lobbying and pressure from gay activists and gay doctors. http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/rev-graham-homosexuality-defined-god-sin-conversion-therapy-jesus

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

"Actually, they are very misled," said Graham. "We were all born imperfect, with sinful natures -- yet loved by God who offers us forgiveness and wholeness through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ."

"Homosexuality is defined by God as sin, an abomination to Him," said Graham. "There’s one 'conversion therapy' that works for all sin, and that is asking Jesus Christ to come into our hearts. He can transform and heal our lives, making us new."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

This article is advocating for a religious belief and should be taken down

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
link   Old Hermit  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

This article is advocating for a religious belief and should be taken down

AMEN!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Old Hermit   7 years ago

The article is talking about new legislation, so it is not a religious article, per se. Discussion should focus on the legislation. 

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Unfortunately, the OP has his own agenda on this issue.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    7 years ago

The legislation is a blatantly absurd way of silencing a point of view. Homosexuality is a behavioral disorder and those who seek treatment should be able to get it. If enacted, the legislation should be struck down as unconstitutional because it prohibits Christians from healing themselves and recovering  from a behavior that is considered an abomination before God. This is just more nonstop lunacy from the Democratic Party. If congress wants to ban something, then ban the junk science that preaches homosexuality is normal. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

The objection to conversion therapy is obvious. Homosexuals preach that homosexuality is normal and an immutable characteristic like race. The purpose is to preach that rejecting their behavior is the same as racism that rejects black people just for being black. And they invent a racism-like term (homophobia) to call anybody who disagrees with them. However, if conversion therapy works, then homosexuality is clearly a behavior and all their nonsense falls apart. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

To claim that this article is not religious is curious. 

My understanding was that proselytizing a religion was not allowed. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Really, is the legislation going to force you or anyone else to developers a taste for a cock up your ass or in your mouth

No, it's purpose is to put your view into legislation. It's really none of your business if anyone wants to get treatment. Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott    7 years ago

How about Republicans pass legislation making it legal to stone your children to death, just like the bible says. Will that make it all better?

All laws are nothing more than attempts to control behaviour, and they never change anyones behaviour.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Steve Ott   7 years ago

Maybe democrats can pass a law making it illegal to distinguish children by gender. Then, they can extend normal sexual relationships to include incest, animals, and inanimate objects. If it feels good, just do it because everything normal feels good. 

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Said it well you have. The upshot is that we can keep passing laws ad infinitum until we have encompassed every possible aspect of human behaviour. Imagine the beauty of the bureacracy trying to administer that.

Or, maybe we can quit passing laws altogether and leave people alone. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Steve Ott   7 years ago

. . . Or, maybe we can quit passing laws altogether and leave people alone.

Isn't the absence of law the very definition of anarchy? But I suppose we're slowing sliding into that anyway. When the slide is complete, our society will disintegrate into anarchy, and a more cohesive society will rise to take its place. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

how is the seeding of an article about a democrat congress man and his legislation and an opposing view of it on a site where no one has to read it or comment on it cramming anything down anyone's throat?  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

It's clearly not, but many lefties here are obsessed with or frightened of you.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

True enough it seems.  I just don't understand their obsession/ fear of me.  They can't stand that I'm here, that I advocate a certain point of view on a variety of issues, and there's nothing that they can say or do to goad me into saying something here they could use to get me into the same trouble they manipulated Oliver and BF into. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

This is the liberal intolerance and speech suppression we talk about on other seeds.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Your opinion is hate speech because they hate to listen to it. Hate speech must then be banned under the Orwellian notion that freedom is the choice to choose only the views that they dictate. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

exactly.  For them it's about control.  It's not enough that they put up their seeds and us ours and we discuss them.  Nooo, they have to control the content of what others say.  So their mission forces them to come to my seeds and read them and argue about them in feverished shrill terms and spew coc violating venom.  The mere presence of my seeds is content they can't control and thus since they can't control it, they claim it is being crammed down their throats.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

I think I'll let President Jeb Bartlett of the West Wing TV series speak for me:

Hope you can open this.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Excellent video Buzz!

At first when I heard them speaking English I was afraid I wouldn't understand it-- but fortunately they did provide subtitles in Chinese!

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

TV programs are an excellent way to program people and the video is a great example.

I used to watch the Jerry Springer show for laughs. Now society is like the Springer show such that the ridiculous has become normal and what was normal has become ridiculous. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Actually I was expecting Trump to appoint Jerry Spring to a top cabinet position-- or maybe use him as a close adviser.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

I wouldn't count on that as he's a Democrat and at one time was elected as a Democrat mayor of Cincinnati. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Oh yes, 1ofmany. I have been overly influenced by movies and videos. In fact I believe that the DaVinci Code has exposed the truth, that Jesus was no more than a pious man, perhaps even somewhat of a prophet, and that he beget offspring with someone, maybe Mary Magdeline.

Since we're referring to abominations and legislation here, how does everyone feel about the laws against bestiality? It exists, doesn't it? I've seen that some people have been convicted of the offence so it must happen. However, I've not yet heard of the birth of a Centaur, but then there are secrets being kept from the public (think of Roswell).

Centaur_by_prinzesser.jpg

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

After a short break, I see this place is as moronic as ever.  I'll be spending the day with my lady, my stepson and his husband, his lesbian sister, his straight brother and his girlfriend, my straight daughter and her two toddlers ... or as I like to call them, my family.  I wish the other members of my family could be here to enjoy the company, since everyone in this family accepts everyone for who they are.  Homophobia is about an attractive quality as overt racism, and I couldn't be happier with the way every member of this family turned out.

Oh, and Jesus was gay.  It was practically unheard of for a young man in that era to not be married.  

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

. . . Homophobia is about an attractive quality as overt racism, and I couldn't be happier with the way every member of this family turned out.

I'm glad you're happy and happy I'm not you.

Oh, and Jesus was gay.  It was practically unheard of for a young man in that era to not be married.  

Well it was "completely" unheard of for ANY man of that era to be "gay" since homosexuality was an abomination before God. Just because the Bible doesn't mention a wife doesn't actually mean that Jesus didn't have one. Plus, celibacy would be the acceptable alternative to marriage, not homosexuality. There's no mention of John the Bapatist having a wife either. The Essenes, a sect to which Jesus may have belonged, practiced celibacy. So no, Hal, the men weren't humping each other just because they didn't have wives.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

So no, Hal, the men weren't humping each other just because they didn't have wives.

Men and women have been homosexual since long before homo-Jesus.

I have to laugh when I think about how abhorrently unpopular you would be in this family.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

So no, Hal, the men weren't humping each other just because they didn't have wives.

Men and women have been homosexual since long before homo-Jesus.

People engaged in homosexual acts but the concept of a gay identity has never existed before now. 

I have to laugh when I think about how abhorrently unpopular you would be in this family.

The feeling would be mutual. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

People engaged in homosexual acts but the concept of a gay identity has never existed before now. 

Lol.  Probably the dumbest thing you've ever said here.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Lol.  Probably the dumbest thing you've ever said here.

Its only dumb to you because you are ignorant of history. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Well it was "completely" unheard of for ANY man of that era to be "gay" since homosexuality was an abomination before God.

Um....

Homosexuality in ancient Rome often differs markedly from the contemporary West . Latin lacks words that would precisely translate " homosexual " and " heterosexual ". [1] The primary dichotomy of ancient Roman sexuality was active/ dominant /masculine and passive/submissive/feminine. Roman society was patriarchal , and the freeborn male citizen possessed political liberty (libertas) and the right to rule both himself and his household ( familia ). "Virtue" ( virtus ) was seen as an active quality through which a man (vir) defined himself. The conquest mentality and "cult of virility" shaped same-sex relations. Roman men were free to enjoy sex with other males without a perceived loss of masculinity or social status, as long as they took the dominant or penetrative role. Acceptable male partners were slaves , prostitutes , and entertainers, whose lifestyle placed them in the nebulous social realm of infamia , excluded from the normal protections accorded a citizen even if they were technically free. Although Roman men in general seem to have preferred youths between the ages of 12 and 20 as sexual partners, freeborn male minors were strictly off limits, and professional prostitutes and entertainers might be considerably older. [2

Lots more here...

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

Jesus wasn't a Roman and he didn't live in Rome. He was a Jew in Judea. Hal said Jesus wasn't married so he must have been gay. My comment was that there were no gays. Homosexuality was punishable by death. I was referring to Jewish culture where Jesus lived . . . not Rome, or Greece, or Persia, or Egypt, or krypton. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

11 old time religion.png

Give me that old-time religion, give me that old-time religion. Give me that old-time religion. It's good enough for me.

It was good enough for Jesus, it was good enough for Jesus. It was good enough for Jesus, so it's good enough for me.

Wait a second, Jesus was Jewish!!!

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

Homosexuality in ancient Rome often  differs markedly  from the contemporary  West Latin  lacks words that would precisely translate " homosexual " and " heterosexual ". [1]  The primary dichotomy of  ancient Roman sexuality  was active/ dominant /masculine and passive/submissive/feminine. Roman society was  patriarchal , and the  freeborn  male  citizen  possessed political liberty (libertas) and the right to rule both himself and his household ( familia ). "Virtue" ( virtus ) was seen as an active quality through which a man (vir) defined himself. The conquest mentality and "cult of virility" shaped same-sex relations. Roman men were free to enjoy sex with other males without a perceived loss of masculinity or social status, as long as they took the dominant or penetrative role. 

BTW, this kind of sex doesn't have a damn thing to do with different size brains, gay genes, some biological attraction, or any other such nonsense. It was a choice. One man decides to literally emasculate another by making him his bitch. There's a big difference between using a guy as a bitch and being used as one. And every man knows it. Same thing happens in prison. The dominant one will tell you point blank that he's not gay because he's just using the other guy to get off and is no more important to him than a blow up doll. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

I just love how you know it's a choice. Says who? Someone with just another opinion like yours?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

I just love how you know it's a choice. Says who? Someone with just another opinion like yours?

Behavior is a choice. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

So He's gone from never existing to being gay?  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

I can't prove that he never existed.  I also can't prove that there's a penny buried somewhere on Europa.  However, I am smart enough to make an educated guess.  The bottom line is that an unmarried young man in that era, who hangs out with only men, one whom being his favorite, is likely queer as a three dollar bill.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

because in your mind the same God who declared homosexuslity to be an abomination before Him came to earth to engage in that very act with some of the Humanity He came here to save by dying on the cross for all of our sins including that one.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

crazy

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

Comments removed off topic and violations. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

I don't care whether it's a sin or not, nor to I care what anyone thinks about it.  I do care when the government comes in and tells a person who voluntarily chooses to seek help is told by the government anyone who provides it is committing fraud.

Since legislation of this type would make anyone providing this service a criminal committing a fraudulent action.

And I personally don't think the government should have control over the person voluntarily seeking help or the people providing it no more than I do a person seeking help to make a decision as to become an Atheist or follow any religion.

The only thing that surprises me is how long this article has gone on and not one of the antifa clones have set fire to the site or broken your computer screen.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

All the push back is from people too opinionated to give anyone else the right to disagree with them. They believe that being gay is not a choice so the behavior can't be cured. And to make sure you can't cure it and prove them wrong, they want to outlaw conversion therapy. They simply ignore all the people who say they've changed and are no longer gay. 

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent
link   Fermit The Krog  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

I didn't need to have conversion therapy, it just hurt too much. I don't think i'll ever recover though. Did it hurt you bad too?

kermit2.jpg

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

XX-- For your personal edification, go on YouTube and search "ex homosexual" and listen to the testimony of those who have turned themselves around.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Ok, I'll do that.  

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Here's a tidbit for the "gay brain is like a female brain" advocates. This study shows that male and female brains aren't all that different. Identical twins have exactly the same brain size and structure yet both are rarely gay. When you consider these two facts together, the whole "gay brains are different" argument collapses. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

SCOTUS upholds ban on ''converstion therapy''

(Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday left intact California's ban on "gay conversion" therapy aimed at turning youths under age 18 away from homosexuality, rejecting a Christian minister's challenge to the law asserting it violates religious rights.

The justices, turning away a challenge to the 2012 law for the second time in three years, let stand a lower court's ruling that it was constitutional and neither impinged upon free exercise of religion nor impacted the activities of clergy members.

Go argue with SCOTUS if you don't like the decision.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

All the Supreme Court did was refuse to hear the appeal (again). So that means, at present, there's nothing unconstitutional about the California looney bin banning conversion therapy. No biggie. Other states are still free to allow it. As for the legislation that's the subject of this seed, Congress is free to use it as toilet paper. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

By refusing to hear the appeal the lower court ruling stands. Simple as that whether you or anyone else likes it or not.

BTW, California is not the only state with this law.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

By refusing to hear the appeal the lower court ruling stands. Simple as that whether you or anyone else likes it or not.

I know the lower court ruling stands and don't care. California is a nut house and a decision on this issue one way or the other won't change that. Other states are free to allow conversion therapy and I would encourage them to do so.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

7 states now do not allow it...NM being the latest to outlaw it.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Laws can be repealed. I encourage the other 43 states that haven't buckled to hold their ground.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Maybe those states can also host conversion therapy to turn Asians into African Americans.  It would be equally effective.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent

Maybe those states can also host conversion therapy to turn Asians into African Americans.  It would be equally effective.

Race is not a behavior and behavior can be changed. Just ask those who are now ex-gay. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

It's unneeded. You can just declare yourself to be a different ethnicity or sex.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

SCOTUS upholds ban on ''conversion therapy''

(Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday left intact California's ban on "gay conversion" therapy aimed at turning youths under age 18 away from homosexuality, rejecting a Christian minister's challenge to the law asserting it violates religious rights.

The justices, turning away a challenge to the 2012 law for the second time in three years, let stand a lower court's ruling that it was constitutional and neither impinged upon free exercise of religion nor impacted the activities of clergy members.

Go argue with SCOTUS if you don't like the decision.