╌>

Why a Sandy Hook Parent Is Furious at Megyn Kelly

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  hal-a-freeganlujah  •  7 years ago  •  88 comments

Why a Sandy Hook Parent Is Furious at Megyn Kelly

Source

Parents of children killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting are outraged after new NBC host Megyn Kelly taped an with interview InfoWars host Alex Jones, a known conspiracy theorist, to be aired this weekend.

“Every week. 5 years later. Still harrased by truthers. You do NOT give crazy a platform. You're better than this @nbc,” Nelba Marquez-Greene, whose daughter Anna Grace was killed in the massacre, tweeted.

Jones has labeled the December 2012 shooting “completely fake” and “manufactured.” Twenty elementary school students and six teachers and administrators were killed in the attack.

Marquez-Green and others are criticizing NBC and Kelly for giving Jones a larger platform to promote his views.

She noted on Twitter that the interview is scheduled to run on Father’s Day, when “#SandyHook grieving dads will go to the cemetery.”

“Shine light on truth, love and hope,” she tweeted. “Hate and evil doesn't need another platform.”

Kelly has defended her decision to interview Jones, noting that President Donald Trump has praised Jones and been on his show. “Many don’t know him; our job is 2 shine a light,” she tweeted.  

In a clip from the interview, Kelly asks Jones about the Sandy Hook massacre.  Jones defended himself by criticizing the media’s coverage of war, to which Kelly responded, “That doesn’t excuse what you did and said about Newtown, you know it.” During the interview Jones also called 9/11 an “inside job.”

Kelly, a former Fox host, has gotten off to a rocky start in her new role at NBC. Jones is her second interview for the news program Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly , following a discussion with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Kelly has been criticized for not pushing back more forcefully against Putin. 

Kelly’s decision to interview Jones was criticized widely on Twitter.

“There is no justification for amplifying lies (or a liar), particularly about unimaginable tragedy,” Chelsea Clinton tweeted. “I hope no parent, no person watches this.”

Many of the parents of Sandy Hook victims have become gun control advocates. Congress has not passed any major gun control legislation in years since the shooting.  

Conspiracy theories about the shooting promoted by Jones have led to harassment of parents who lost children. One parent, Leonard Pozner, who said he used to listen to Jones’s show, has even received a number of death threats from conspiracy theorists after his son Noah was killed. 

“When I lost Noah, I woke up and realized that people who spread these stories are more interested in propagating fear than getting at the truth,” he told The Guardian earlier this year. “And the human cost of that is phenomenal.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

Is anyone really wondering why NT members are increasingly antagonistic?  We have members who relentlessly claim legitimate new sites are fake, while posting garbage from Alex Jones.  We should all understand how these parents feel.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

The site management wants to accept insanity as a viable reality.  Megyn Kelly of NBC interviewed Alex Jones and he doubled down on many of his most notorious conspiracy theories , on national network television. This garbage has to be resisted, not coddled.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Democrat underground and crooks and liars would fit in that category as well my friendlaughing dude .

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent
link   Fermit The Krog    7 years ago

Can't wait to see the interview. Infowars is now one of the biggest news sites in the country.

A sandy hook parent?

Benghazi parents are upset too, their kids died over youtube video...lol

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Fermit The Krog   7 years ago

Was 9/11 an inside job?  Was Sandy Hook a false flag?

Please, put your credibility on the table.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

He just did. That is all you are going to get.

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent
link   Fermit The Krog  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

I haven't looked at the case. Was Benghazi over a youtube video?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Fermit The Krog   7 years ago

Kermit, please... These parents lost their children. 

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent
link   Fermit The Krog  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Alex Jones has come out and said the evidence doesn't support the conspiracy after further research. I am not familiar with the incident enough.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

I am not familiar with the incident enough.

Bullshit.  There is nobody in the country who is not "familiar" with this "incident".  Maybe you are not from this country?  Russia, perhaps?

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

I would never watch anything Megyn Kelly is involved in.  She is a fake news promoter who probably started her career on her knees in front of Roger Ailes which speaks to how she's been so suckcessful.  She has no credibility as far as I'm concerned.  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

These parents lost their children. 

Hey! This is NT! Anything goes. Laughing at children being blasted into hamburger is no problem at all!

Of course if I say Fermit is an asshole, you'll delete... Gotta keep the site's standards up!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Fermit The Krog   7 years ago

I think I have explained it to you already.  The Benghazi attack was likely both spontaneous and planned, and the video did play a role in the timing of the attack. Go back into the NT archives for more information.

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent
link   Fermit The Krog    7 years ago

I do believe Vladimir Putin when he says JFK was killed by the deep state. Little child actors? I can't buy that.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

I am afraid that infowars is here to stay, at least for a while. Alex is trying to recreate himself as of late. That being said, freedom of the press only counts when it is hard to take. Megan had the right to have him on the show.. and everyone who didn't like it, has the right to complain. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

You should be embarrassed.  Alex Jones is not "the press"  except in some alternate universe.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

You don't get to decide who is the "press". Just like we don't get to decide if a "religion" is legitimate. That way is the slippery slope.

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent

99% of his articles are sourced by msm articles. The problem here is they are not capable of disputing facts.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Fermit The Krog   7 years ago

Jones takes an article by another source and blatantly misinterprets it. And those are his "good" articles. People debunk Alex Jones nonsense every day on line. I don't have the interest in doing it here where no one gives a shit just for the entertainment of the likes of you.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Interesting.  I haven't yet seen the MSM version of reptilian shape shifters infiltrating the government.  Please provide links.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Hal while I agree about "reptilian shape shifters infiltrating the government", please go to infowars today... I don't see anything about that. Don't get me wrong... It's not my cup of tea, since I find him hiding his partisanship under the guise of reporting, but he is trying to reinvent himself, to be more mainstream. I don't know if that is scarier then when he was reporting reptilian shape shifters infiltrating the government.

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent

I haven't seen any reptilian shape shifter articles on the site. Can we get a working link?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent

Sorry that link is total bs

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Uh-huh.  Sure.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

A fake site to debunk a fake site?   Nice one.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

That's just what the Lizards want you to think.

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent
link   Fermit The Krog  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Did you hear Rusky spies hacked the election and stole it from Hillary and Russian hookers peed on the president

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Fermit The Krog   7 years ago

More Lizard mischief...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

It's not my cup of tea, since I find him hiding his partisanship under the guise of reporting,

Let me get something straight. Is it your position that the only problem with Infowars is that Alex Jones is "partisan"?

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent
link   Fermit The Krog  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

A month before the election Alex Jones said Trump would win Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan.  The lizards must have told him.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Fermit The Krog   7 years ago

Amazing John what you get out of my comments. I don't know why I bother sometimes.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Yeah, quoting someone directly is so unfair.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

and totally out of context with the rest of the comment.. yeah it is. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

We can go over your comment line by line if you want. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Maybe JR is actually Alex Jones?  That would be a helluva reveal!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

I'm really Albert Einstein. I'm 158 years old next week.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Jones again made lewd comments about Kelly during his May 31 broadcast , saying, “Megyn Kelly’s coming next week. I want Kathy Griffin, me, and Megyn Kelly to oil wrestle next week on air.” Seconds later he said, “I’m just challenging Megyn Kelly and Kathy Griffin to a boxing match -- I’ll take both of them on,”

Is this mainstream reporting?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Hey, that was very entertaining. But on the other hand, if he was so easy to dismiss, why are the Brits legitimizing him by having him on the real news?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

I don't think that the Brits are legitimizing him, I think they are just showing what a wacko he is.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I think it would have been better to ignore him... 

Kavika
Professor Principal

They may be hopping that he melts down into a pile of crap...

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Alex Jones meltdown after Megyn Kelly interview. LOL

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

"Kelly visited Jones at his Austin, TX, studios Tuesday to conduct an interview with him for an upcoming episode of her show."

That explains so much!

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent

She looked hot when she came into the studio.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

And with that, I must repeat a Perrie comment from another article today:

Also this business about "pets". I have no pets.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

I am unclear about what you are implying, so please let's just get this out there. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Who else do we know from Austin?  Why would "fermit" make a comment indicating that he saw Meagan enter Jones's studio ... in Austin?  Because he's slyly implying that he is an Austin native.  I shouldn't have to explain this.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Yawn. More conspiracy theories and harassment of new members...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Hal,

Stop and think. Fermit was on this site for two months before he said a word. It was right after BF got banned. I am sure he was reading. If I was a mischief and enjoyed a good conspiracy, dropping Austin into a sentence would be what I would do. We all know BF, and the one thing he was, was clever... he wouldn't make an amature mistake to get rebanned. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Enough with the gaslighting already, Perrie.  You already admitted that BF has successfully created sock puppets here on NT, after months of denying that it was even possible to do so.  You banned Barney, remember?  You admitted that only BF would have trolled John over Chicago, and you deleted Barney’s account over it.  If you want BF to come back, then let him back – I don’t give a fuck.  Just admit that the CoC is totally flawed and let him back.  Obviously the CoC is flawed when someone that means so much to you that you would lie to the entire site for him is not allowed in.  Stop insulting our intelligence.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Hal,

I resent your assertions. I removed Barney, with circumstantial proof, not solidi proof. I never said I knew for sure it was BF. Furthermore, I got an even better proxy server detection service, to check for all known proxies because I grew tired of this constant BF sightings. 

As for the CoC, it has always had a clause to let long term members back in, but under certain conditions. We have only done it once before. As for lying, well I am sorry you feel that I am a liar, in fact, I am rather insulted.. and wouldn't you be?

And beyond that, I am stunned over the havoc that one banned member can cause. Even if he is a rereg, is it truly enough to constantly fight over? NV had tons of them and didn't care. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

And beyond that, I am stunned over the havoc that one banned member can cause. Even if he is a rereg, is it truly enough to constantly fight over? 

And this is a problem. It kinda sorta shows the distance between your appreciation of Bf's toxicity and that of all the members he crapped on. 

Bf's damage to NT went far beyond simply vandalizing so many articles. He very successfully waged a constant campaign to lower the criteria of acceptability right down into the gutter. 

He used and abused your precious CoC. And you always excused him. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

Bob,

What I find amazing is how we can all point to BF and call him toxic, while I watch others do the same things he did and no one says a word. What I get out of this whole BF thing is that it is personal in nature. At least with Hal, I get that he feels I am trying to pull the wool over his eyes (wrongly).. but you.. come on.. I know you have a past with him. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

What I get out of this whole BF thing is that it is personal in nature.

And I have always wondered what there is between you and Bf that prevents you from seeing him as he is. He was always pushing the envelope, always filthier and uglier than anyone had been before. 

And you always blessed his behavior, thereby encouraging everyone else to emulate him. 

He ratcheted decency down and down, and you smiled. 

Now you are surprised that average behavior is abysmal? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

And beyond that, I am stunned over the havoc that one banned member can cause. Even if he is a rereg, is it truly enough to constantly fight over? NV had tons of them and didn't care.

yeah let's have everyone get banned and then be under the impression it is ok to come back with new identities

what a good plan !

People who were banned at NV and reregged were banned again if it was discovered. I am quite sure you know that.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

yeah let's have everyone get banned and then be under the impression it is ok to come back with new identities

Whoa. I never said that not did I give that impression. In fact, I said I got an even better proxy detector... give me a break.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

I am stunned over the havoc that one banned member can cause. Even if he is a rereg, is it truly enough to constantly fight over?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

"Stop and think. Fermit was on this site for two months before he said a word. It was right after BF got banned. I am sure he was reading. If I was a mischief and enjoyed a good conspiracy, dropping Austin into a sentence would be what I would do. We all know BF, and the one thing he was, was clever... he wouldn't make an amature mistake to get rebanned." 

Perrie, your comment is beyond ridiculous.  You would have us believe that fermit coincidentally joined NT right after BF got himself banned, then sat around for two months gathering intel on someone he was unfamiliar with, just to debut an unprovable impersonation conspiracy.  We're talking about a member who would purposely break the rules to draw an intended suspension, just because he was about to go on vacation anyways.  Is that the kind of clever you have an appreciation for here?  Face it - you have a fish fetish.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

We're talking about a member who would purposely break the rules to draw an intended suspension, just because he was about to go on vacation anyways.  Is that the kind of clever you have an appreciation for here?  Face it - you have a fish fetish.

Hal,

BF got suspended twice. Once while was on vacation, and once before he was, so please stop with the exaggerations. As for a fish fetish, I'm a happily married woman of 28 years.. give me a break. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Are you denying that BF once posted a comment that was clearly out of bounds, and followed it up with an admission that he was intentionally trying to get suspended?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Are you denying that BF once posted a comment that was clearly out of bounds, and followed it up with an admission that he was intentionally trying to get suspended?

Hal, I swear I have no recollection of that ever happening. It doesn't mean it didn't, but I do so much here on the site that I don't remember most things. I think we can agree on that. 

But this thing about BF has become almost legendary. I have banned other members and they just faded into the past. But those of you who had strong feelings about him, help keep him alive. It's ridiculous. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

You know what's funny about all of this? Badfish is a self-admitted troll. He has never made it a secret, quite to the contrary. Shortly after he joined here he announced that he would be pranking people's threads. He has made other comments that even more explicitly indicate that he trolls and possibly uses multiple identities.

This is only news to people who havent paid attention.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Badfish is a self-admitted troll.

Exactly! He gloried in in trolling, and even more in getting away with it. His favorite game was to see what level of despicable he could impose as "acceptable". 

His sockpuppets still do the same thing. 

Personally, I see no point in banning Bf or anyone else. The person isn't the problem. 

Behavior is the problem. We need strict "good manners" rules, and instant suspension for violations. Again and again and again. Longer and longer. 

It's not rocket science. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

We need strict "good manners" rules, and instant suspension for violations.

Yikes!  You mean I need to tuck my evil Gemini twin away?!!!  That's going to be a bit hard since I let her out she's been emboldened but I'll work on it if that's the new rules........

:0(

:0)

Even my little faces can't make up their mind.  hahahahaha

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

That's going to be a bit hard... 

Oh, yes! 

We've all gotten into the habit of being rude. But we really do need strict "be polite" rules. Nobody needs to be rude. 

... well... except Bf, of course. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Since it's been proven that nothing can be proven on whether BF has re-registered or not I think it makes sense to just allow BF to return.  I'd rather see the devil I'm dealing with then not.  The question of whether one or more new members could be BF reincarnated has taken on a life of it's own.  I don't think the debate is worth the suspicion or hard feelings it is creating.  I will say that it speaks volumes how controversial a member is when they can create chaos on a site that they supposedly no longer participate on.  

As you said Hal, I don't think anyone cares whether BF returns but I think it should be something Kavika weighs in on. Otherwise I leave it to Perrie.

That's my 2 cents and I hope we're all done talking about this.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

PJ well said. 

Kavika
Professor Principal

Since I'm at the center of this melt down about BF, here is my position. First off what BF did was childlike and a threat to me and my family. I don't tolerate that type of threat well. Whether he deleted the comment or not does not justify what he did. 

I don't know for sure if Fermit or Bobby are BF in disguise, and frankly I don't give a shit. 

If Perrie wants to let BF back in, under any conditions she sets, than go ahead and do it, because I'm really sick and tired of all this shit. If he starts up with his crap again my response to him will be to fire back with both barrels. 

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent

I am not from Austin.....  WTF The video is online mr conspiracy.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Taken from the "comments", under the article;

"I felt zero attraction to Megyn Kelly”

That's okay. Megyn probably felt an attraction to you, you hunka hunka burning love.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

Conspiracy theories......how many are there?  Too many to count.  Look at JFK's assassination and it is still going on.  Pretty interesting. 

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    7 years ago

Megan Kelly is a "media personality", not anywhere near being a journalist. She only does and says what her handlers think will make her more profitable. From a purely business aspect, her contrived controversies make her a valuable commodity. From a journalistic aspect, she is worthless.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

Interesting.  I guess you gotta go where the market is.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

I've seen a little of her new show, which has been on two times now. It is Dateline the NBC news show that debuted in 1992 with the then male hunk Stone Phillips as the host, brought into a new "era" . That is exactly what it is, the latest attempt to compete with 60 Minutes, and that is about all it is. Kelly is the shiny new wrapper.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch    7 years ago

Dear Friends: If this is off topic, kindly delete it for cause.

As a Chaplain, much of what I and my colleagues in many religious, spiritual, and humanitarian traditions and heritages deal with is picking up the pieces of those with broken lives.

To us, it does not matter if someone grieves for family and others close to them lost in Benghazi, Sandy Hook or where ever.

We see someone(s) hurting, and we do what we can to bring such comfort and healing as is possible if wanted and needed. 

We are not magicians. Many confuse religions and the humanities with magic. The former are a series of highly disciplined approaches to live life most fully, to individually and collective celebrate the heights, and be there for others in the depths of life's journeys. Magic is a form of entertainment. Nothing we do can un-ring a bell. All of what we try to do can make less burdensome painful events and their aftermaths. 

When it is most difficult entirely heart wrenching to be with people in the depths of their agony, righteous anger, and confusion in trying to make sense of it all we know they hardest spots are precisely the ones we are here to bin in.

To serve including those whose company in general circumstances we would most seek, and shun alike.

It does not, and should never matter.

If needed, we will be there.

We know better, given what we have seen, heard and been exposed to not to pour gasoline on a fire.

Those who wish to watch such shows are free to do so.

Those who do not are free not to do so.

In a free society, it is always ultimately about individual freedom of choice.

Trust that in my seven decades in this life I understand how the parent of a senselessly, tragically, immorally and barbarically slain child (and others) feels.

We Chaplains of all types step in after the damage is done. We are there to help pick up the pieces.

Maybe energy  on NT is better focused on putting people like me out of business by avoiding such perfectly preventable carnage and suffering. Not bickering over how to demean those with whom they disagree.

Too much of what I see here is based on snark, derailment, and "winning". Only the end result of constant unilateral verbal combat to no constructive end is not victory.

It is the avocation and strategy of humanity losing.  

Censorship isn't the answer.

Free speech isn't and never was absolute.

Mature, responsible, caring and mutual support by mature adults is.

Let's all give maturity a try, shall we?

Peace and Abundant Blessings to One and All.

Enoch.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Megyn Kelly is facing repercussions following her interview with Sandy Hook hoaxer Alex Jones.

Sandy Hook Promise, a leading gun violence prevention organization, released a statement on Monday that the NBC host will no longer emcee the organization’s annual Promise Champions Gala on June 14 in Washington D.C.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

If my child was killed or injured in a massacre, and someone said it was a hoax, I'd be fighting mad.  I don't blame the parents for being furious.  I can't imagine anyone being so unkind as to say that, anyway.  

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    7 years ago

Alex Jones is an idiotic, fat-assed, insanely huge steaming pile of dog-do.  IMO, the more his stupid mindset is exposed, the better the odds are of an involuntary exit from public life.