╌>

Opinion: After baseball attack, the hate in politics has got to go!

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  community  •  7 years ago  •  69 comments

Opinion:  After baseball attack, the hate in politics has got to go!

Link

Shortly after Wednesday morning's attack on Republican members of Congress practicing for the annual Congressional Baseball Game, Congressman Rodney Davis, still in his baseball clothes,  spoke to  CNN's Brianna Keilar.

In addition to describing the events he witnessed, he spoke from the heart.

"This hatefulness that we see in this country today over policy differences has got to stop ... Republicans and Democrats need to use this day today to stand together and say 'stop.' Let's work together. Let's get things done," he said. "We can have our differences, but let's not let it lead to such hate."

Douglas Heye

We should all heed Congressman Davis' call, including our President. Since his announcement to run for office, Donald Trump has consistently yelled fire in a crowded political theater by castigating various segments of our population and encouraging his supporters to " knock the crap " out of protesters. And on and on.

Many Donald Trump supporters have followed his lead, escalating the rhetoric against political opponents and the media. A reporter was  choke-slammed  in Montana. And before Trump, too many Republicans engaged in awful and, let's face it, racist attacks on President Obama. Perhaps even worse, too many Republicans watched this happen and remained silent.

Meanwhile, town halls, opportunities that should allow for a respectful dialogue between elected officials and voters, have become  opposition events  where silencing and jeering the politician has become the norm.

President Trump holds the world's largest microphone and therefore can do the most to quell much of the angry rhetoric we've seen.

But it doesn't end with our President. Since he was elected, many Democrats have continually upped the ante to out-resist each other in opposition to President Trump. Their behavior has created an environment where Democratic lawmakers routinely  stoop to foul language  in public events. It's also a climate where a comedian and a theater company feel it's somehow acceptable to post  gruesome pictures  of a decapitated president or stage a Shakespeare classic to  envision the assassination  of a politician who bears a strong resemblance to Donald Trump.

And in this case, where the shooter appears to have been a volunteer for Bernie Sanders, Democrats too have some soul-searching to do. Senator Sanders has  strongly condemned  the suspect, and he is right that "violence of any kind is unacceptable in our society."

These things accumulate, which means they inevitably escalate. And whether the targets are Republican members of Congress, like today, or Democratic politicians or members of the media, it was perhaps inescapable that something tragic was coming in an environment like this.

Follow CNN Opinion

Join us on  Twitter  and  Facebook

Politics is a business with a lot of tough talk where contrasts and distinctions are constantly drawn. Negative ads have become an artform. But what we've seen in recent years is different. Increasingly, we question not just the judgment of those we disagree with, but each others' motives and legitimacy.

On the far ends of the political spectrum, invective and hate -- or a blind "us versus them" tribal mentality -- stand above reason and debate. Those voices gain prominence and followers as the media incentivize them to go further by giving them airtime and clicks.

Our nation faces many challenges, but healing our divisions may be our biggest one. More than Obamacare, tax reform, ISIS or our national debt, this rhetoric, and the divisions it causes, directly constrains our ability to tackle other issues.

We know what we will do today. We will pray and we will come together. But what we do tomorrow is even more important. A successful, bi-partisan Congressional Baseball Game  sounds like  a perfect way to start.

Personally, I don't blame either side for this series of tragedies, but both sides.  I think all of us have to quit pointing figures and own up to the fact that both sides of the political aisle is at fault for our current situation.

I was personally very disappointed in Trump's and Clinton's use of disparaging terms and words towards the other side.  BOTH of them.

The hatred is entrenched in our politics now, and it requires more energy and wisdom to work together, rather than resort to Party Over Country.  (Hear me, Mitch McConnell?)   All of us can do better.

Thanks for coming by!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser    7 years ago

Can we, as NT members, do it?  Can we disagree without being disagreeable?  This is our country.  We may have different viewpoints as to how to move forward, but move forward, we must.  Can we, here on NT, have the wisdom and the courage to treat each other respectfully and to lower our hate quotient towards each other?  Can we discuss, rather than blame?  Can we share our views without being mean to each other?  Can we behave as adults?

I think we can.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

Great article Dowser and I have to agree with your sentiments. I would hope that we as members and a community can agree to be respectful. There is never a reason to be mean. We should act as if we were in public. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Amen to that!  thumbs up

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    7 years ago

It's an admirable thought, Dowser.  I hope it reaches out to everyone and they at least think about it a bit.  I will.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

Thanks, Spike!  

If we can't get along, when we know each other, even sort of, how can we expect others to get along?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

Dowser, should people unite behind Donald Trump because of this shooting? 

Please tell us.

Are you aware of various statements Trump has made SINCE that shooting? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Donald Trump went to the hospital yesterday morning to visit Scalise. Within a half hour of leaving Scalise , Trump was posting tweets where he brought back his complaints about Hillary Clinton and claimed the Democrats are more involved with Russia than he is. 

This man wants no "unity" , he wants everyone to agree to submit to his intentions. 

It's not going to happen. 

After Trump is gone maybe there can be more "unity", but it will not happen before then. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Stop fussing at everyone who doesn't agree with you 100%.  Be nicer to people.

If you can't, then keep it to yourself.  The only way we can get rid of him is to vote him out, or impeach him and remove him from office.  Perhaps the best way to change the way things have become is to practice what we want from our government, and elect people who will work with the other side.  I've sent a letter to both of my senators today.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

The same old song and dance, it's a nice thought but do you actually think that it will last. 

Remember Gifford being shot in Phoenix, it was a ''come to Jesus'' time. How long did the civility last, a couple of weeks. 

Don't expect anything different this time.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I don't expect anything to be different, but I hope they will be.

I hope the drive-by flamers will take heed that it won't be allowed here-- from the other members.  I hope that we can set aside our differences to speak to each other in a normal tone of voice, as opposed to shouting.  I don't expect it to happen-- but I do expect all of us here to behave as adults, not screaming children.  

Frankly, we've lost too many members to continue as we have been going.  This site will die, if we don't.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Don't expect anything different this time.

I agree.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Yeah, me either.  But Perrie needs our help in being a bit more reasonable and less vituperative!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

I agree.  No matter what any of us believe or say an article or seed, we should be able without exception to calmly and rationally as adults discuss and debate any given topic while maintaining comity and being civil even if the seed is from American Thinker or Dailykos.  There is no reason to attack the seeder or the source or to derail the topic because we didn't like what it said.  Either respond with civility or pass it by.  We can coexist here.  

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    7 years ago

Both democratic and republican parties are equally as guilty  for producing mindless partisan eunuchs that are incapable of independent thought.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

There is a fatal flaw to your logic Aeon. It assumes that only non-Democrats and non-Republicans can think for themselves. If you are a Democrat or Republican someone tells you what to think and what to believe in. That's just nonsense. Sure it may be true in some cases, but it is not an axiom. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

If you are a Democrat or Republican someone tells you what to think and what to believe in. That's just nonsense.

I agree. I am a Democrat and I think for myself. I also believe that this idea that both sides are equally guilty is a false equivalency.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

It's a generalization but I mean BOTH democrats and republicans equally.  You proved nothing.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

People who are "partisan" and usually and in general vote for a party can still be described as thinking for themselves. It depends on the individual. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Democrats and Republicans are not equal. That is a false equivalency. Their standards are different. What their goals are are different, etc. They are completely different on the law, how they look at social issues and health care are different. Many people say they both the same thing, but that is just an absurd elitist cop out.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

See reply below.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Sorry, you are such a partisan democrat, you have zero credibility on this topic.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

And you are such a hateful toward any party elitist that you have zero credibility on this subject.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

How original, coming from a common partisan democrat.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

How original, coming from a common partisan democrat.

Your elitism and ideology is every bit as blind and strong as you claim the most blind republicans and democrats are guilty of, except yours is directed toward the two parties and is instead in favor of your so called independence. How original coming from a common partisan independent.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

I agree with Aeonpax here.  The elites of both parties are out of touch with the people.  I am a Conservative with libertarian leanings first and a republican second. I'm not an overt populist and I opposed Trump through out the primaries and voted for neither Trump nor Clinton in November.  The ranting of the people who lost the election and the actions of them have put me in the position of defending Trump much more than I imagined election night.  I believe he was the lesser evil between him and Hillary and expected to support him on his court picks, tax and regulations cuts, and obama rollbacks.  Now I feel I have to back him on everything in order to deal with the response of the haters.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

You make the same mistake she does, that a member of the Democratic Party blindly follows the "elites" of the Party when we do not. I am a member of the Democratic Party because I lean toward many of the issues they stand for like single payer health care and strong public education, because I believe both are essential National Security issues, since a healthy, well educated America is a much stronger America. I believe in strong Social Safety nets for those who need them, such as the elderly so they can live out their retirement with dignity and the disabled who truly can not work and need survival money and medicare that they have paid into all of their working lives. Many of these (most as a matter of fact) are things that the current GOP Congress does not believe in. They are again enthralled to the same foolish idea of trickle down economics. Foolish for everyone but the rich that is

Actually it has always worked fantastic, because it was designed to never trickle down. The idea of it trickling down was always a lie. The whole idea was to cut taxes for the rich and give a relatively tiny tax cut for the middle class and screw the poor. The way they sold it was that making the already rich richer meant that they would invest in creating more jobs and everyone would benefit, but the people who set it up knew that was never going to happen. They knew it was a lie. They knew that the rich would just keep the money for themselves and invest it off shore in hidden bank accounts or spend it on more mansions or yachts. And nothing trickled down, just they way they designed it. That was under Reagan. Then under Dubya when we were running a surplus and actually paying off a lot of our debt, Bush talked the people into it again and again it worked fantastic. The Rich got a lot more rich that time, the middle-class got a tiny amount and the poor got screwed and the deficit skyrocketed. And again, nothing trickled down, just like they planned. Now Trump and Paul Ryan want to do it again and they are counting on Americans being so damned stupid to let them do it to us again. To give a trillion dollar tax cut to the rich, a tiny amount to the middle-class and pay for some of it by taking away health care and all social safety nets for the poor and once again they will lie and say this will somehow magically create more jobs and be good for the economy. That again will be the big lie. They know that the now billionaires will just keep the money and no more jobs will be created and nothing will ever trickle down and again they will laugh at the stupidity of the average American people for letting them trick them with the exact same lie one more time. Always remember and never forget. Trickle down, massive tax cuts for the rich, is the biggest lie and outright theft the already rich have ever pulled on the rest of us. Nothing has ever trickled down because it is designed for all of the money to stay with the rich and to never trickle down. Ever. It is pure theft. It is all a huge lie. Don't let then get away with it again.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

wait a minute. that's a logical fallacy. i have to consult the list to see which one.Laugh

that's like saying to a defendant "you can't be innocent because you're so guilty"

someone can choose, with great logic and consistency to support a political party. it is no more disqualifying of independent THOUGHT than being an independent is. 

Independent thought does not necessarily = political independence

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

I'm just saying that there is plenty of blame to go around...  But, you're right about the followers of just about any creed can be mindless!   winking

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

Thanks, all of you, for having an argument without resorting to name calling, etc.  I'm so glad you had this disagreement here!  No one was disagreeable!  Thank you, very much!

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

I'm sorry but I do not think both parties are equally to blame.  They are both to blame for different things but not all can be weighed equally.

Lady Dowser I appreciate your attempt to curtail the rhetoric but all anyone has to do is go look on the FP and the evidence is there for all to see.  

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

I agree with that, and I'm not trying to weigh everything equally.  What it is, is.  We have to move forward, and one of the ways to do that is to change our attitude here.

Part of the problem here is that we've fought with the same people, for so long, our attitudes have become entrenched about specific people.  I'm certainly willing to try to change my own attitudes towards the people here, but we must all try it.

It can't hurt, and it may save the site!   Wouldn't you like to be able to come here and not feel put down as a woman?  I surely would! thumbs up

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Sadly, as long as hateful, rhetorical stories circulate … stories without verification/validation … stories intended to perpetuate a divided America … the politics of hate will continue, and likely, escalate.

Most of our FP exemplifies this and no amount of challenges or rebuttals to ugly, unfounded allegations brings anything but ad hominem responses.

Agendas that rely on assaults on reason manifest a desire, not for detente, rather for an escalation of hatred via scapegoating, misrepresentation, demagoguery … we are living in an Orwellian world.

In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia.

___ George Orwell

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

I understand exactly what you're saying.  and feel that everyone here is likely a part of the dysfunction that is NT.  We've lost a LOT of good members, lately, and I only see that as continuing, if we can't grow up and behave as adults.  thumbs up

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P    7 years ago

This is a wonderful call to action, Dowser. Hat's off.

I think this has to run its course, and it's going to get worse before it gets better. I've read through the comments so far, and see that the blame game is in full swing. The suggestions are replete with what the party that they do not support should do to make things better. I feel bad about that, since I'm sure you were looking for anything but that. 

Sometimes it's the little things that bring about a more civil legislative body. I've been told that in the Congressional dining hall, they are even divided there. Perhaps they should begin by assigning seats, so as to insure that they all get to know each other - as people. 

I'm glad to hear that the Congressional baseball game was not cancelled. Someone floated the idea that the teams should not be divided into Republican and Democrat, but East and West. This way, again, there will be more opportunities for those in the opposing parties to spend more quality time with their counterparts.

I guess what I'm saying is that Congress needs to view the sum of its parts on an individual basis in order to move forward as a unit that has the back of the country as a whole, rather than its constituent party base. Each Member needs to view each other as a person, rather than a member of their party or the other party. That number is clearly less than 100%. 

It's a start, and hope is hard to come by, but we must push.

Again, cheers on your article, Dowser. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

Thank you, Jonathan!  You can see that most people are not at all ready to talk to one another, rather than shout, and that the blame game is going full strength.

I think everyone is at blame.  Not necessarily equally, but if you partake in the partisan BS, you're part of the problem.

Thank you, for your support!  thumbs up

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Not necessarily equally, but if you partake in the partisan BS, you're part of the problem

"Both sides do it" ,as a way of understanding the ongoing public dialogue relating to politics , is exactly what gave us Donald trump as president in the first place. 

Whereas 94 percent of all US daily newspapers refused to endorse Donald Trump for president, 94 PERCENT !, we had at the same time the "independents" and "non-partisans" saying "how bad can he really be" , "Hillary is just as bad" "what difference does it make"? 

Then we get Donald Trump in office contradicting himself every 5 minutes, promoting bills that he has no idea of what they actually contain, insulting our allies, planning to decimate the social safety net, end health insurance for 20 million people, end US participation in international climate change efforts, and give the rich big tax breaks. Not to mention the investigation into his Russian and financial dealings. 

Apathy over "partisanship" is part of what got us here. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates

BRAVO!

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I don't see any progress being made here. The examples on this thread are evidence of that.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Your president's latest approval rating is 35% . 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

He's your president too. Good job.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

"I don't see any progress being made here. The examples on this thread are evidence of that."

I agree with Cerenkov. Dowser is commended for making an attempt to save this site, and to start here and with what she is doing personally politically to try to stop the denoument of the USA.  Some others here are proving the point of her warning. From abroad, from an observer only, I find it hard to fathom that such divisiveness and polarization has not already led to an ideological civil war. There are American expats here who agree with me - they consider themselves lucky not to be there.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Buzz, Comment removed for CoC violation [ph] Your objectivity is a thing of the past. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I appreciate whoever flagged John Russell's comment - it was not me.  However I know what it was because it was preserved in my email - somewhat of a surprise considering that John Russell thanked me recently for posting an article that was critical of Trump.  One cannot even try to be like Dowser has been in this article without raising his vitriol.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Buzz, if what I said to you is a COC violation everyone who uses any impolite language whatsoever better be on the lookout. 

I don't know what else to say. It was not a compliment but neither was it a gross insult. 

I am worried about speech being squeezed to death out here. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

The fact that I enjoy playing devil's advocate in opposition to members whose obsessions go beyond the pale, no matter on whatever topic, is what you should not only be critical about, but perhaps you should look within yourself to recognize that you qualify for such of my comments.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Again, there is a huge difference between disagreeing and behaving disagreeably.  None of us have to agree, but it doesn't take insults and name calling to disagree.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Dowser , I get along fine with the great majority of people on this site, and consider many of them friends.  When people post false and fake information from discredited clownish websites like Infowars and Gateway Pundit, and/ or openly lie, they will hear about it.  I am not a "both sides are equally guilty" kind of guy.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I think, dear friend, that you are not listening to what I'm saying.  I never said that both sides were "Equal" in any way, I said that there was plenty of blame to go around.  I never said you should stop disagreeing, I said that you can disagree without being disagreeable.  BIG difference!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

I think, dear friend, that you are not listening to what I'm saying.  I never said that both sides were "Equal" in any way, I said that there was plenty of blame to go around. 

In essence, both statements imply the same thing.  'Plenty of blame to go around' is a statement typically used to describe a situation that is roughly balanced.  I've seen a whole lot of this ridiculous equivalency assertion on the news lately.  On AM Joy this morning, they were laughing about Ted Nugent asking democrats to tone down.  Nugent has said Hillary Clinton should suck on his machine gun, and should be hanged, among many other horrible statements.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

OK, to me, "plenty of blame to go around" means that both sides are at fault-- not necessarily equally-- just both sides are at fault.

You cannot deny that both sides have contributed to the ills of the country-- some ideas have been good ideas and some have not.  It's a matter of opinion.  

To me, to statement does NOT imply equality, it just says that both sides have contributed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

so pick a side. otherwise you are saying both sides are equally to blame.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

Imagine a room that has 100 football fans and 100 baseball fans, debating which sport is better.  20 football fans cough up a big hucker and spit on the baseball fans, and two baseball fans return the favor.  It would be incredibly short sighted to say there's plenty of blame to go around.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Have you ever had an argument/discussion with your wife where she was 100% right and you were 100% wrong?  No?  In just about anything, there is blame for the argument to go around...  I'm not saying equal blame, but you contributed to the argument, as well, making your own points.  See what I mean?

If either of you can't agree, that's fine.  Just move along.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide

There is a difference between fringe behavior and and mainstream behavior.  You're right - 100% is unachievable, but I think it's wrong to not recognize when behavior goes beyond fringe.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Hal, recognize it, discuss it-- all I'm saying is that it's not necessary to be snarky about it.  I know it's hard not to be.  Sometimes, I find it so incredible, it's all I can do to not respond in kind.  But that's not the way to make the site grow...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

There is a member here who fairly regularly posts articles suggesting or saying that President Obama is a communist. Have you ever told him to knock it off?

I rarely ever mention Bush or Reagan. I am worried about the travesty that has befallen our country today.  This is not the point in history for "equal blame".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I seeded an article yesterday about how Trump used nepotism to appoint a friend of the family to a high regional position in HUD. There was so much off topic crap posted on the seed about Obama , Chicago, the mayor of New York, etc that I closed the article this morning.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Aren't you doing the same here?  Your demand for equality is not the topic of discussion-- the ability to disagree without being mean to each other, is.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

And, as you can see, to me, I did not imply "equality".

Now, I think you are arguing for the sake of arguing.  I'm not asking you to accept what I'm saying as truth-- I told you what it meant to me-- and that you have to accept as the truth as I see it.  NOW, I think that you are just trying to be difficult on the article.  And I'm not sure why...  Do you want me to give you a free pass to be snarky to others?  Because I'm not going to do it.  

We can all disagree without being disagreeable.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I am not advocating apathy.  I am advocating behaving as adults.  Stop posting BLAME articles and stop picking at each other.  Stop doubling down on opinions, unless you can prove they are viable, or preface your opinion as YOUR OPINION.  Calm down the rhetoric.

Can it happen?  Yes.  Will our members allow it to happen?  I don't know.  I hope so!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Dowser, we have lost members over IMO the constant posting of ''blame'' articles and the refusal to actually look at facts that prove other wise. 

The drive by one liners that have nothing to do with the article, or posting comments that are untrue and say it's true because the person said so. 

All and all the effects contribute to the current situation that we have on NT. 

Hopefully with members like yourself the overall nasty tone of NT will calm down.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Thanks, Kavika!

I think that most of us are tired of the same old, same old.  We're losing some our best members to it.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser    7 years ago

Ladies and Gentlemen  (Sunday Afternoon)--

I am closing this article down for the rest of the evening.  I will comment on it again tomorrow!  Tonight, I want to relax with my family!  Happy Father's day to all fathers and fatherly members here!  Happy Father's Day to my dear husband, Magnum!

Have a great night!

Dowser

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

Well done Dowser!! I hope is that all of our articles ran like this. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Thank you, Perrie!  We have it in us, to disagree without being so mean to each other...  I just hope we can do it!  thumbs up