╌>

How Trump Lost Control Of The Coronavirus Pandemic

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  4 years ago  •  138 comments

By:   Business Insider

Well, to play the "Many People Are Saying Card" for a moment, I could say that "many people are saying" that what MAGA actually means is

Make America (a) Graveyard Again.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The United States has recorded over 200,000 deaths from the COVID-19 pandemic. Months of an uncontained coronavirus pandemic have left the US in far worse shape than other countries, like South Korea. President Donald Trump tested positive for coronavirus on October 2, 2020.

The US practically invented the playbook of how to confront pandemics. Presidents — like George W. Bush and Barack Obama — worked to ensure that if a pandemic came, there would be an effective plan to respond. Yet while other countries used that playbook, and succeeded in doing what was necessary to get the coronavirus under control, the Trump administration threw out the plan.

To help Americans understand precisely what went wrong, Insider hired the comics creators Anthony Del Col and Josh Adams to depict the Trump administration's course of action that put America into this position.

Editor's note: The first person officially diagnosed with coronavirus in South Korea was a 35-year-old Chinese woman, not a South Korean woman as stated in the video. Insider regrets the error.

(H/T Buzz of the Orient)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

The United States has recorded over 200,000 deaths from the COVID-19 pandemic. Months of an uncontained coronavirus pandemic have left the US in far worse shape than other countries, like South Korea. President Donald Trump tested positive for coronavirus on October 2, 2020.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Krishna @1    4 years ago
200,000 deaths from the COVID-19

that avg's to only 10 people per city?

( we have 20,000 cities )

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1    4 years ago

What makes you think all cities have the same rate of if infection...????

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Krishna @1.1.1    4 years ago
What makes you think all cities have the same rate of if infection...????

I don't.  hence the following words....

"that avg's to" 

just curious... what do ya suppose the death rates would be without democrat governors?

https://www.google.com/search?q=5+govenors+put+covid+patients+in+nursing+homes&

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.2    4 years ago

Could governors stop all air international air traffic like Trump claims he did in January?

Nope.

Did trump stop all air traffic from Chinese nationals from China like he claims he did in January?

Nope.

Hong Kong & Macau were left untouched allowing 43,000 Americans, Chinese and Europeans access to direct flights to the States.

When that was ended in MARCH, the people simply went East through Europe to Paris and London for flights to NYC

Why didn't the Administration recognize these things?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.3    4 years ago
Why didn't the Administration recognize these things?

before I answer your questions...  you answer mine.

how many people did democrat governors kill that are now being blamed on trump?

You're going to need this link to answer my question...  

get back to me when ya have an answer.

and then I will answer your questions...  * once you provide a link to the sources like I did.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.4    4 years ago
how many people did democrat governors kill that are now being blamed on trump?

None.

Next.

Don't hurt yourself ...answering this...

Who is the current POTUS.?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1.7  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.5    4 years ago
None.

bs...

but hey, have a great day :)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.8  Split Personality  replied to    4 years ago

If they had the information that Trump had at that time, maybe they would have acted different.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.9  Split Personality  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.7    4 years ago
bs...

Ahhh, your specialty, lol.

carry on jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
Professor Guide
1.2  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Krishna @1    4 years ago

Thank you, Krishna, for posting this profound, creative video-article summarizing efficiently what we have faced and are facing with the PANDEMIC.

This, to me, is a more powerful method of communication than a brilliantly crafted article might achieve, because it embraces the arts, visuals, illustrations, scripts, vocal, movement, sounds, content into a digestible content that touches us on many levels.

I am spellbound by your post.

Again, thank you for posting this essential historical commentary in a comprehensible method that hits on all 6 million cylinders in our brain, body, and soul.

Bravo!

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @1.2    4 years ago
Thank you, Krishna, for posting this profound, creative video-article summarizing efficiently what we have faced and are facing with the PANDEMIC

You're welcome! jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @1.2    4 years ago
Thank you, Krishna, for posting this profound, creative video-article summarizing efficiently what we have faced and are facing with the PANDEMIC.This, to me, is a more powerful method of communication than a brilliantly crafted article might achieve, because it embraces the arts, visuals, illustrations, scripts, vocal, movement, sounds, content into a digestible content that touches us on many levels.I am spellbound by your post.Again, thank you for posting this essential historical commentary in a comprehensible method that hits on all 6 million cylinders in our brain, body, and soul.Bravo!

Aww-- Gooly Gee!

Now I'm blushing.

Digitally of course,,,, a digital blush?

"Many People Might be Saying" that its actually a "Virtual Blush"-- such is the nature of this modern world in which are now living in.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @1    4 years ago

This 'president' disbanded the Pandemic Response team.  

There is also this:

Trump Quietly Closed The U.S.'S Vaccine Safety Office Last Year. Researchers Are Scrambling To Replace It.

Developers will start      rolling out       their COVID-19 vaccines in the coming months, leaving U.S. health officials to test their long-term safety. But that won't be easy, especially given that the Trump administration quietly shut down the office responsible for ensuring the safety of vaccines last year,      The New York Times       reports   .

Before the late 1980s, vaccine safety relied on parents, doctors, vaccine makers, and hospitals to step forward and report symptoms they feared were connected to a vaccine. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention then worked out a new system that sought out clusters of symptoms among people who receive a vaccine, and expanded that oversight during the H1N1 epidemic of 2009. This system helped the U.S. figure out which symptoms actually popped up long after a vaccine was injected, and which were just coincidental.

But in 2019, the National Vaccine Program Office was shut down in an effort to cut costs and "eliminate program redundancies," Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar wrote at the time. The shortsightedness of that shutdown has come into clear view amid the coronavirus pandemic, said Dr. Nicole Lurie, who who was assistant secretary for preparedness and response at HHS during the 2009 pandemic. FDA and CDC staffers have reportedly been meeting up on their own time to cobble some safety projects together. "There's no sort of active coordination to bring all the information together," Lurie told the      Times   .

Other vaccine experts and political scientists have their own concerns: foreign disinformation campaigns, a lack of transparency, proper communications to clear up health issues unrelated to vaccines, to name a few. A coordinated vaccine office would be tasked with handling all of that. Read more at      The New York Times   .

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    4 years ago
Trump Quietly Closed The U.S.'S Vaccine Safety Office Last Yea

Correct! 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.3.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    4 years ago
Trump Quietly Closed The U.S.'S Vaccine Safety Office Last Year. Researchers Are Scrambling To Replace It.

Thanks for posting that! jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

That's a really important story that hasn't recently gotte the news coverage it deserves.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @1.3.2    4 years ago

"That's a really important story that hasn't recently gotten the news coverage it deserves."

Yet this alleged Joe/Hunter Biden scam is everywhere, well if you count Breitbart, Faux 'news', all the right wing sources.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @1    4 years ago

This 'president' never had control of it in the first place.  He hid the dangers.  Allowed his wealthy benefactors to profit off of the impending deadly virus.  He hasn't done shit since it started.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

The US practically invented the playbook of how to confront pandemics. Presidents — like George W. Bush and Barack Obama — worked to ensure that if a pandemic came, there would be an effective plan to respond. Yet while other countries used that playbook, and succeeded in doing what was necessary to get the coronavirus under control, the Trump administration threw out the plan.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

To help Americans understand precisely what went wrong, Insider hired the comics creators Anthony Del Col and Josh Adams to depict the Trump administration's course of action that put America into this position.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    4 years ago

Providence is saying we need new better eadership.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JBB @4    4 years ago

Well, I hope I don't get any backlash for this-- but I totally agree! jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @4    4 years ago

WE HAVE NO LEADERSHIP NOW.  Not since January 2016.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

What more needs to be said?  Those who support Trump will never admit his culpability even after listening to his own words being spoken.  No matter WHERE in the world it may have started really makes little difference when its containment was possible, but now you can see the reason America has failed to contain it.  

In the movie Mars Attacks, Jack Nicholson played the POTUS.  He did not take the invasion seriously.  Yet again, life has imitated art. 

OIP.1XEFqoMG5fS0el9Xtg-5twHaEK?pid=Api&rs=1

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    4 years ago
Yet again, life has imitated art. 

Yes, its seems like yet another case of deja vu all over again!

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1    4 years ago

YOU KNOW THE OLD SAYING:

If you come to a fork in the road, take it!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    4 years ago

[deleted]

Professor Guide
5.2.2  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Greg Jones @5.2    4 years ago

Why does it rain from above, and, not below, Greg Jones? Solutions to National Emergencies are not found by POINTING FINGERS.

They are achieved by collaborative efforts, respectfully acknowledging the severity of the task, and moving quickly to contain it.

Trump did none of that, relying on misdirection, bravado, misinformation, and falsification to appease and boaster his own prominence.

America must DEFEAT this childish monarch before he sacrifices 2 MILLION Americans to feed

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.2.2    4 years ago
Solutions to National Emergencies are not found by POINTING FINGERS.

Exactly.

And as more and more people are starting to realize the sheer stupidity of Trump's actions (to say nothing of his persistent nastiness!!!)...that's exactly why he won't get re-elected!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.2.3    4 years ago

But his nastiness does not dissuade quite a lot of people - they love it, they emulate it.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    4 years ago

[deleted]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.3    4 years ago

(deleted)

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.3.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.3.1    4 years ago
See above. 

no thanks...

[deleted]

Professor Guide
5.3.3  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.3    4 years ago

A better question, "The Magic Eight Ball," is 

"WHY DID TRUMP allow the COVID19 to spread throughout America and kill 220,000 Americans, infecting 8.3 million more?"

Did Trump want to save America's economy, or, was he motivated to stay off a lifetime prison sentence?

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.3.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.3.2    4 years ago

Taunting [Perrie Halpern R.A.] 

Well, over my many, many years of participating in online forums, I have noticed this trend-- taunting is what many people often have to resort to when they don't have a good argument...

(Don't have the facts on your side? No problema-- simply attempt to derail the conversation by attacking other users rather than discussing the actual topic. And one way to do this is to resort to "Playing The Taunting Card".

But getting more directly back to the actual topic we're discussing here: other countries do whatever they did. So a great leader has to make decisions based on the actual facts, the "current reality".

(And a constant obsession with with resorting to blaming others for their own failures is a tell-tale sign of a leader who's incompetent at best-- and at one who's extremely dangerous!!!).

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     4 years ago
Yesterday's data (10/24/2020)
NEW CASES: 83,757
DEATHS: 943
The new cases is the highest ever in the US. 
MAGA
Make America (a) Graveyard Again.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
7  Hal A. Lujah    4 years ago

The title of this article is misleading.  You can’t lose something you never had in the first place.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @7    4 years ago
The title of this article is misleading.  You can’t lose something you never had in the first place.

Good point-- I totally agree! jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png .

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

How did  Europe lose control of the virus?

Equivalent of 200,000 cases and 1500 deaths in France alone yesterday, and that country isn’t even close to the worst in Europe right now.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    4 years ago

Maybe Macron is as incompetent as Trump.  Maybe the French people are more "devil-may-care" when it came to following the guidelines.  As I see it, where it HAS been pretty well contained is because of a cultural difference.  Why has Canada done so much better than the USA?  It's not an island, it didn't get any kind of advanced notice before the USA did, and in fact it has the longest unguarded border in the world with the country that has done the worst with the virus.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1    4 years ago

[deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.1.2  Dulay  replied to  Greg Jones @8.1.1    4 years ago

What about all of the unreported cases in the US? 

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1    4 years ago
Why has Canada done so much better than the USA? 

Because Trump is not the Prime Minister of Canada? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @8.1.3    4 years ago

Thank God.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.4    4 years ago
Thank God.

LOL!

(Ain't it the truth though...)

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Dulay @8.1.2    4 years ago
What about all of the unreported cases in the US? 

Of which there are many...and the number is rapidly increasing.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    4 years ago

Totally off topic.

I would highly recommend you re-read the topic again-- more carefully this time.

It is:

Community  »  Discussions  »  Category  » News & Politics »  Discussion  » How Trump Lost Control Of The Coronavirus Pandemic
Discussions about other viruses, advances in medicine, or what other leaders may or not be doing (or for that matter what they should or should not be doing) are certainly valid topics for discussion-- but that's not what this seed and this discussion is about..

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    4 years ago

An interesting and probably useful topic for discussion. But that's not what we're discussing here. 

Do you actually not know what we are discussing-- what the topic is actually about?

Or was that merely an attempt at deliberately derailling the discussion because you don't like what wen were saying?

(I'd be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume its the latter: I could be wrong but I'm willing to accept the idea that you were not deliberaetly trying to derail the discussion, but rather you were simply not aware of what the topic is).

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Krishna @8.3    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @8.3    4 years ago

That's all they got Krishna, deflection and projection.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
8.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    4 years ago

You do realize that Europe is a continent, not a country.......right?

Krishna
Professor Expert
9  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Watching Trump's speeches lately, its becoming more and more obvious that his mental condition is deteriorating. I'm no doctor but I can't help but wondering what happening to him. It look like he's in the early stages of Alzheimers (A tragic disease-- so let's pray for him).

Or does he have some other serious mental problem? (Maybe he's just starting to get senile???)

I am not alone in this realization-- found this amazing video on YouTube:

Trump's Best Words - 2019 Edition

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1  Kavika   replied to  Krishna @9    4 years ago

Absolutly the best bigly words ever...jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @9.1    4 years ago

Yes-- definitely the "Bigliest"!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @9    4 years ago

Have you noticed, Krishna, that the comments by the Trump supporters DO NOT ADDRESS the words spoken in the video that is the topic here?  They simply CANNOT agree that their master has said or done anything that is a mistake or shortsighted, and the only weapon they use is to deflect or taunt.  They simply don't realize that such stubborn polarization has driven the USA almost to a civil war mentality.  God help the USA.  I can understand a conservative viewpoint, I hold such on some matters as well,  I can respect a conservative who has the brains and common sense to realize and admit that Trump was not the best deal arouind, but I am dumbfounded by those who think he can do no wrong. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
9.2.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

[Buzz is not the topic.]

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.2    4 years ago
Have you noticed, Krishna, that the comments by the Trump supporters DO NOT ADDRESS the words spoken in the video that is the topic here?  They simply CANNOT agree that their master has said or done anything that is a mistake or shortsighted, and the only weapon they use is to deflect or taunt.  They simply don't realize that such stubborn polarization has driven the USA almost to a civil war mentality.  God help the USA.  I can understand a conservative viewpoint, I hold such on some matters as well,  I can respect a conservative who has the brains and common sense to realize and admit that Trump was not the best deal arouind, but I am dumbfounded by those who think he can do no wrong. 

Yes I have.

While there are rare exceptions, many ardent Trump supporters remind  me of members of a far out fanatical cult. Religious wackos, or "true Believers' in some hate group-- be it the Nazis, the KKK, etc. Its one thing to agree with a candidate's political views-- or even to think highly of the person themselves. But I've noticed for many of Ttrump's "base" it has become a sort of fanaticism.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @9.2.2    4 years ago

BTW I always wondered why Trump would invite such fanaticism.

Part of it was his great abilities as a con artist. But I thought there may be something else.

Then I started watching Fox News every day-- and it became obvious.

Its a typical propaganda station-- they use many of the talking points of totalitarian regimes, timeshare sales,em, used car dealers, and the like.And they're good at manipulating people.

(Some of which is that of the "Whattaboutism"-- an often effective tactic of changing the subject when one is clearly losing the debate).

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.2    4 years ago
I can understand a conservative viewpoint, I hold such on some matters as well,  I can respect a conservative who has the brains and common sense to realize and admit that Trump was not the best deal arouind, but I am dumbfounded by those who think he can do no wrong

In somes its goes well beyond mere;y holding Conservative views. heck, I have some friends who are staunch conservatives. (And a relatively new phenomenon-- I know a few lifelong republicans who are grudgingly supporting Biden).

And their reasons are interesting-- many of them voted for Trump in 2016 because they though he would be a Conserative-- which he clearly is not! (Just for starters Trump want to greatly expand the role of the federal Government and the degree to which they interfere in our daily lives-- justthe opposite of a true Conservative philosophy!!! 

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @9.2.4    4 years ago
And their reasons are interesting-- many of them voted for Trump in 2016 because they though he would be a Conserative-- which he clearly is not! (Just for starters Trump want to greatly expand the role of the federal Government and the degree to which they interfere in our daily lives-- justthe opposite of a true Conservative philosophy!!! 

In addition, he greatly increased the National Debt-- and keeps pushing for that! (True Conservatives are very big on fiscal responsibility).

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @9.2.5    4 years ago

And then there's even the matter of our Constitutionally mandated Federal system and the role of stated' rights. Trump constantly wants to increase his power (i.e. the Federal Gov't power) at the expense of the states.

And he increasingly has the feds intefere in state and local matters-- or at least frequently attempts to until stopped by honest electedmofficials or in some cases Congress.and occasionally even the Courts!

Trump is no Conservative-- no way! (And more and more Republicans know it! jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png )

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
9.2.7  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Krishna @9.2.6    4 years ago

[deleted]

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
9.2.8  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Krishna @9.2.6    4 years ago

deleted

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.2.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @9.2.1    4 years ago

'How soon it is forgotten that when the country has been invaded by an enemy, whether it be by a nation or terrorists as it should when by a deadly virus, the country becomes unified, which is the ONLY way for the country to defend itself - when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour, when 9/11 happened - when those things happened did the individual State governors act like those building the Tower of Babel?  A REAL leader would have been able to unify the whole country - which is what is obviously REQUIRED, or is 83,000 not a big enough number?  I'll bet that within a month it will be 100,000. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
9.2.10  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.2.9    4 years ago

blaming the victim does not work

[Deleted]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.2.11  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @9.2.10    4 years ago

The victim?  The victim is the people, the blame belongs to the leader who fails to protect them, who faile to unify the people to effectively deal with the threat.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

There is one big problem with this little theory - Trump did what the so-called "scientists" recommended.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    4 years ago

When?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
11.2  lady in black  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    4 years ago

What scientist told orange conman to keep quiet about how serious this pandemic is, not to "panic" the citizens?

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
11.3  Colour Me Free  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    4 years ago

but but but .... 'we' are dieing Vic, because the federal government did not tell 'we the people' what to do...  Science be Damn'd Vic .. nothing happening at this time is about the science... it is about politics!

p.s..... had Trump required testing and contract tracing in January 2020  .............. the backlash would have been quick and quite verbal about the Trump dictatorship!   Just as it was regarding shutting down traffic from China and the EU!

Peace Vic

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.3    4 years ago

That's right

Peace Ms Colour

Ender
Professor Principal
11.3.2  Ender  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.3    4 years ago

Are you honestly going to say there is nothing he could have done, just because Liberals would yell at him?

Do you really think that him intentionally downplaying the virus had no impact?

That him refusing to wear a mask had no impact?

That him saying it will all go away and is nothing to worry about had no impact?

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
11.3.3  Colour Me Free  replied to  Ender @11.3.2    4 years ago
Are you honestly going to say there is nothing he could have done, just because Liberals would yell at him?

Whoa .. was not that former Presidents Obama's reasoning for doing nothing about Russian meddling in the 2016?  For real .. Obama could not respond to Russia during the election because he would have been attacked as partisan by the right .. 

Do you really think that him intentionally downplaying the virus had no impact?

Science was down playing the impact .. or are you saying Fauci was down playing as well - or that Trump made him do it?

That him refusing to wear a mask had no impact? ... That him saying it will all go away and is nothing to worry about had no impact?

I do not hero worship .. my life does not hang in the balance waiting for another individual to tell me what to do ....  I wear a mask when it gets smoky from wild fires ..  I am immune compromised.    I was not even influenced by Fauci telling me not to wear a mask back in late February ... when I went out I wore a mask .. when the shut down happened I died and went to heaven .. I could actually go out and shop [wearing a mask] without individuals perfumes and colognes cutting my breathing off because they bathed in the crap ..

I do not defend Trump's personal decision regarding the wearing of masks......................... in my mind critical thinking and common sense are up to the individual .. it is not something that can be dictated, mandated or even taught .. !

Ender
Professor Principal
11.3.4  Ender  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.3.3    4 years ago

I never heard that as an Obama excuse...but by all means let's play the...look at the other guy meme....

Oh, now it is let's blame Fauci...

Now the I don't like donald yet it is everyone else at fault meme...

All excuses.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
11.3.5  Colour Me Free  replied to  Ender @11.3.4    4 years ago

Spare me your selective outrage .. 

Ender
Professor Principal
11.3.6  Ender  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.3.5    4 years ago

Selective outrage?  Haha

Spare me your platitudes...

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
11.3.7  Colour Me Free  replied to  Ender @11.3.6    4 years ago

Platitudes? ..  nothing about me is common place!  Haha!

Ender
Professor Principal
11.3.8  Ender  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.3.7    4 years ago

Funny you do not deny what I said, just take offence...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
11.3.10  Split Personality  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.3.3    4 years ago
Obama could not respond to Russia during the election because he would have been attacked as partisan by the right .

Sorry CMF, Obama started a diplomatic shit storm by closing and seizing two KGB "rest centers" and expelling 35 Russian diplomats known to be spies.  In spite of Trump's call to Russia to wait for the inauguration, Putin seized

2 US facilities and deported 755 diplomats leaving each country with 455 "diplomats".

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
11.3.11  Colour Me Free  replied to  Ender @11.3.8    4 years ago

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!   if you had anything to say that could spawn a debate .. I might engage - alas Ender all you can come up with is that I am placing blame on Fauci and using memes.. now that is selective outrage and a platitude WAY over done!

P.s.....

I never heard that as an Obama excuse...but by all means let's play the...look at the other guy meme....

Awwww Ender .. I suppose you are a believer of McConnell did it?  Hahahahahahahaaaaa!

Have a great day Ender ,,,,

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
11.3.12  Colour Me Free  replied to  Split Personality @11.3.10    4 years ago

That was in December of 2016...  Timelines matter

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
11.3.14  Colour Me Free  replied to  Kathleen @11.3.13    4 years ago

San Francisco was one of the first cities to shut down .. people were bitching hard and heavy .. but was one of the least hit areas in the beginning .. Pelosi is just one of those people .. if she is doing it, I am not paying much attention to it .. even now .. there are so many political cartoons out there about her holding up the stimulus package as not to give Trump a win .. who knows .. her vanishing from the DC would not hurt my feelings at all ... but alas .. her cute lil Botox'd face is front page news too often ..    

Ender
Professor Principal
11.3.15  Ender  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.3.11    4 years ago

Hilarious. You have offered nothing as far as any debate. Only trying to throw blame elsewhere.

Not once hold the administration in charge responsible for anything.

You have offered nothing but pointing fingers in every direction possible.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.3.17  Tessylo  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.3.3    4 years ago

How many times do you need to be told that Obama did do something about Russian meddling?

Still peddling that lie I see.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.3.18  Tessylo  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.3.14    4 years ago

It's trumpturd holding up the stimulus package, not Mrs. Pelosi

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.3.19  Tessylo  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.3.12    4 years ago
"Timelines matter"

Truth also matters.

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.3.20  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @11.3.17    4 years ago
How many times do you need to be told that Obama did do something about Russian meddling?

OK...I'll bite.

When did he first know about it, what did he do about it and did he do it before the 2016 election or after?

This is a graded quiz so be careful with your answers.

Krishna
Professor Expert
11.3.21  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Ender @11.3.4    4 years ago
I never heard that as an Obama excuse...but by all means let's play the...look at the other guy meme..

Yes.

There are a few common tactics people on social media sites use when they realize that they are losing an argument. 

Perhaps the most common is the "derail"-- tactics that attempt to get the conversation off track.. .

Anyway, to further continue my train of thought:...

One of the most common types of derails is what's frequently referred to as the "whataboutism card" .

Its simple-- when you don't like what's being discussed, immediately play the Whataboutism card" . Reply to the comment by saying "But what about..." (but what about...something totally off topic.).

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.3.22  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @11.3.18    4 years ago

How so..Be specific and, keep in mind.

Feeeeeeeelings don't count.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.3.23  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @11.3.20    4 years ago

See 11.3.10

P.S. I don't answer to you bugs

bugsy
Professor Participates
11.3.24  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @11.3.23    4 years ago

So you have no idea. You just spew left wing propaganda.

What you probably have never been told is that Obama knew of Russia meddling around 2015 and did nothing about it because he figured Hillary was going to win anyway.

He expelled the diplomats AFTER the 2016 election, not when he found out about the meddling.

Now you know the truth.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
11.3.25  Colour Me Free  replied to  Kathleen @11.3.16    4 years ago

Agreed  : )

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.3.26  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @11.3.24    4 years ago

[deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.3.27  Dulay  replied to  Kathleen @11.3.13    4 years ago
I can remember Nancy Pelosi going to Chinatown and telling people to go in that area,

That was on February 24th. Do you remember what Trump was saying at the time? Here, let me help:

February 10

“Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”

February 24

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25

“CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25

“I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26

“The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26

“We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 26

“Well, we're testing everybody that we need to test. And we're finding very little problem. Very little problem.”

February 26

"This is a flu. This is like a flu."

February 27

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28

“We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

plus they thought Trump went too far cutting off flights from China. They bitched about that. 

Who are 'they' Kathleen? Don't let 'them' gaslight you, Trump allowed over 40,000 into the US from China, most went untested, un-surveilled and untraced. 

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
11.3.28  Colour Me Free  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.3.3    4 years ago
Whoa .. was not that former Presidents Obama's reasoning for doing nothing about Russian meddling in the 2016?  For real .. Obama could not respond to Russia during the election because he would have been attacked as partisan by the right .. 

Did the Obama administration respond forcefully enough to Russian meddling?

Did the Obama administration respond forcefully enough to Russian meddling in last year's presidential election? That's a question being debated in the wake of new reporting on  the scope of Russia's interference and the Obama administration's efforts  to rebuff it. 

California Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, argued Sunday that the former president should have done more.

"I didn't think it was enough to tell them after the election, but rather given the seriousness of this, I think the administration needed to call out Russia earlier, and needed to act to deter and punish Russia earlier and I think that was a very serious mistake," Schiff said during an interview Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union."

Schiff speculated that the Obama administration might have been concerned with public's perception of election meddling if they released this information because President Donald Trump repeatedly said the election would be rigged.

"I think they were concerned about being perceived as interfering in the election, trying to tip the scales for Hillary Clinton," said Schiff. "I think they were also concerned about not wanting to play into the narrative that Donald Trump was telling, that the election was going to be rigged."

Former acting CIA Director Michael Morell, who was an advisor to Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign, also weighed in during a panel discussion on "Face the Nation."

"The Obama administration did not tell the American people that Putin was behind this and did not tell the American people what Putin was trying to do, hurt Hillary Clinton, support Donald Trump," said Morell. "That's a big, big decision."

Adam Entous, the Washington Post reporter who co-wrote the latest big story on Russian meddling, said Obama administration officials were sent back to the "drawing board" on how to proceed with the information after meeting with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. 

He added, "They were afraid that if they moved unilaterally, it would be seen as playing to Trump's public statements as a candidate that this all was rigged in favor of Hillary Clinton."

Obama response to 2016 Russian election meddling had ‘many flaws,’ Senate report finds

‘Cut it out’

The committee found that the Obama administration was “not well-postured” to counter the Russian interference campaign and said that while “high-level warnings were delivered to Russian officials, those warnings may or may not have tempered Moscow’s activity.”

Obama said in 2016 that he confronted Putin over allegations that the Russian leader ordered the hacking of the Democratic National Committee, telling him to “ cut it out.

The committee noted that institutional constraints prevented the administration from acting more aggressively. The report documents members of the administration agonizing over the potential that a public statement about the hacking efforts — while Obama was actively campaigning for Clinton — would be perceived as political.

“Those factors included the highly politicized environment, concern that public warnings would themselves undermine confidence in the election, and a delay in definitive attribution to Russia, among other issues,” the report said.

It noted that most administration officials first learned about the Russian hacking efforts from a June 2016 article in The Washington Post. In October of that year, the administration released its first public statement saying that the intelligence community was “confident” that the Russian government directed cyberattacks on American political organizations.

The committee emphasized that in case of future attacks, the public should be notified “as soon as possible with a clear and succinct statement of the threat.”

“If the Administration had informed the public of Russian hacking and dumping earlier than October 7, and had there been bipartisan condemnation of these operations, the public and the press may have reacted differently to the WikiLeaks releases,” the committee wrote.

“At the least, stories about Democratic emails might have mentioned that their release was part of a Russian influence campaign and that Donald Trump’s repeated references to the releases, his stated adoration of WikiLeaks, and his solicitation of Russian assistance were taking place in the context of an ongoing influence campaign to assist him,” it said.

The committee will release two more reports on its findings. Those will cover the intelligence community’s 2017 assessment of Russian interference and the committee’s final counterintelligence findings. The committee did not say when those reports will be released.

A spokesperson for Obama did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Obama Administration 'Inadvertently' Helped Russian Election Interference with 'Constrained' Response, Report Says

The Obama administration's response to Russian interference leading up to the 2016 election "inadvertently" aided the foreign country in accomplishing its goal, according to a report released by the Senate Intelligence Committee Thursday.

The U.S. government was "constrained in its response to Russian meddling" for several reasons, including concerns among officials that public warnings would "undermine public confidence in the election" amid a "heavily politicized environment." As a result, the 54-page bipartisan report said, the government was unintentionally "helping the Russian effort."

"Frozen by 'paralysis of analysis,' hamstrung by constraints both real and perceived, Obama officials debated courses of action without truly taking one," Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), the committee's chairman, said in a statement. "Many of their concerns were understandable, including the fear that warning the public of the election threat would only alarm the American people and accomplish Russia's goal of undermining faith in our democratic institutions."

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.3.30  Dulay  replied to  Kathleen @11.3.29    4 years ago

I didn't ask you about your 'views', I asked you about the claims you made. 

Do you remember what Trump was saying at the time? 

Who are 'they' Kathleen?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11.3.31  MrFrost  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.3.28    4 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.3.32  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @11.3.31    4 years ago

She keeps peddling those alternative facts.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
11.3.34  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Dulay @11.3.30    4 years ago

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink...

Most of these Trump nut gobblers don't want to listen to facts or anything that doesn't fit the already deeply held right wing ideology about who they hate and why. Like trying to help a cornered injured kitten they will only lash out and bite or scratch at the hand that tries to help them think rationally. They are too invested and infested with right wing ideology to have an original thought of their own so you're not really confronting any individuals opinion, you're just confronting the conservative stink tank of right wing ideological views which teach their gullible followers to reject reality because it always ends up making them look bad. Just like a guilty criminal who almost starts to believe in the bullshit defense their lawyer has crafted so as to get them out of any responsibility, they have to stick with their narrative or be convicted for their idiocy and gullibility.

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.3.35  Dulay  replied to  Kathleen @11.3.33    4 years ago
Why should I bother explaining anything to you.

You seem to keep misunderstanding my comments. I didn't ask you to explain anything to me. 

It will never resolve a thing.

Facts need not be resolved, they just ARE. 

We disagree, so that’s that.

So you're sure I would disagree with you on what YOU remember and on who 'they' are? 

It looks to me that you're merely set on posting proclamations that you don't actually want to discuss. So be it. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.3.36  Dulay  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.3.34    4 years ago

The cognitive dissonance must be painful. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
11.3.38  Dulay  replied to  Kathleen @11.3.37    4 years ago

You're right about us disagreeing if your idea of taking the high road is implying that somehow  Nancy Pelosi did something nefarious on Feb. 24th in SF Chinatown. 

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
11.3.39  Colour Me Free  replied to  MrFrost @11.3.31    4 years ago

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.3.40  Trout Giggles  replied to  Colour Me Free @11.3.39    4 years ago

Why is Obama and Russia relevant to this conversation?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
11.3.41  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.3.40    4 years ago

well, the "right" used Obama as the poster boy to incite and rally angry whites, thus Trump's election via Russia's infiltration of social media and the manipulation of quite malleable minds, that don't, mind

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11.4  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    4 years ago
Trump did what the so-called "scientists" recommended.

Which scientist told trump to golf constantly? Or to say ANY of the following?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @11.4    4 years ago

It should have been ZERO people coming in from China. I don't care who they were. They all should have been quarantined from the very beginning at least until a test was created to determine if they were infected.

charger 383
Professor Silent
12  charger 383    4 years ago

After this genie was let out of the bottle nobody could control it

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @12    4 years ago

Your 'president' did absolutely  nothing to control it, the numbers could have been way down, if he had not lied about it, denied it, allowed his wealthy benefactors to benefit from it (while hiding it from/denying its' deadly severity).  Your 'president' has over 200,000 deaths on his hands.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @12.1    4 years ago

Wrong...

Again.

Nothing new

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @12.1.1    4 years ago

Correct . . . 

Again.

Nothing new.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.1.3  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

Gazoo
Junior Silent
12.1.4  Gazoo  replied to  Tessylo @12.1    4 years ago

I don’t know If you’ll read the quote or the link and you may deny it but here is what the experts said on march 30th.

“Birx said the projections by Dr. Anthony Fauci that U.S. deaths could range from 1.6 million to 2.2 million is a worst case scenario if the country did "nothing" to contain the outbreak, but said even "if we do things almost perfectly," she still predicts up to 200,000 U.S. deaths.”

so, according to the experts trump did everything right.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @12.1.4    4 years ago

The 'president' didn't do shit.  He fucks up everything his tiny little hands touch.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @12.1.3    4 years ago

Again, I don't answer to you bugs.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
12.1.7  Gazoo  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.5    4 years ago

Lol, ok, nice talking with ya.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @12.1.7    4 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.6    4 years ago

[deleted]

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
12.2  Ozzwald  replied to  charger 383 @12    4 years ago

Tell that to New Zealand, South Korea, Germany,.........

JzI4xDj9TY8ekiH3h_SO_A5XM93MF3L3_KEYXCCWg_iYNslowUDJcVBD4GHyWz7xrQl5bFEXAnGLDiJCcQ5NPEsXT6cx-_Wu3j7zx0k9XcI0VoJlp5he3gOrHomFP3o

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  charger 383 @12    4 years ago

where the hell is Major Nelson...?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13  Tessylo    4 years ago

122238516_10220330176136947_7631042328751117712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=RdFvsiY_VIEAX_4w4yq&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=95979e3dc2510d086fc11342f628e264&oe=5FBBDE0E

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @13    4 years ago

Sure wish I had had that insider knowledge! Everybody is making and selling face masks these days