╌>

No evidence of fraud that would change election outcome, Attorney General William Barr says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  129 comments

No evidence of fraud that would change election outcome, Attorney General William Barr says

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

WASHINGTON — Attorney General William Barr said Tuesday the Justice Department has not uncovered evidence of widespread voter fraud that would change the outcome of the 2020 presidential election.

His comments come despite President Donald Trump’s repeated claims that the election was stolen, and his refusal to concede his loss to President-Elect Joe Biden.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Barr said U.S. attorneys and FBI agents have been working to follow up specific complaints and information they’ve received, but they’ve uncovered no evidence that would change the outcome of the election.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Barr has been summoned to the White House at this hour where his nuts will be cut off with a rusty steak knife. 

Thomas
Senior Guide
1.1  Thomas  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

'bout time.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

It'll be 4 hours of exploratory surgery just to find them.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2    4 years ago

that statement shows you have more el Grande "huevos'  compared to can't lower the Barr any further 

Sounds like a self preservation manipulation, cause Barr has not exactly tried to show he was not biased, hell, Trump was more discreet buyin Stormys' ass

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

And you told us he was a Trump toadie!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago

Do you think most people see the obvious the way we do?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.3.3  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3    4 years ago

A real toadie would manufacture his own evidence.  Barr should be shot at dawn.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.2    4 years ago

Obvious that there was no 'widespread election fraud'?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Trump spent a shit load of money for one recount and they did find 64 uncounted votes....FOR BIDEN.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    4 years ago
Trump spent a shit load of money for one recount

I hope Georgia got the money in advance...  If not, they are shit out of luck to the tune of $3,000,000.00.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    4 years ago

You won't find the fraud by looking at the votes for Biden.  You'll find it looking at the votes for Trump.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    4 years ago
"Trump spent a shit load of money for one recount and they did find 64 uncounted votes....FOR BIDEN."

No, WE THE PEOPLE spent a shitload of money for that recount, and I thought it was around 123 uncounted votes FOR BIDEN!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    4 years ago
His comments come despite President Donald Trump’s repeated claims that the election was stolen, and his refusal to concede his loss to President-Elect Joe Biden.

Well this can't be true because we have it on good authority (politicians, news media, NT members) that AG Barr is the corrupt puppet/slave/tool of Dictator Trump. How could he possibly make an official finding that would thwart his master's relentless and illegal claims to power?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago
How could he possibly make an official finding that would thwart his master's relentless and illegal claims to power?

He doesnt want to be a pariah to the mainstream world after Jan 20 ? 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    4 years ago

If he was half as bad as the left and media have made him out to be or truly Trump's puppet; then he never would have made this announcement.

Of course the left and media will never admit they were wrong or forgive him anyways- so it makes no difference.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    4 years ago
He doesnt want to be a pariah to the mainstream world after Jan 20 ?

Because he hasn't been treated like a pariah all this time already?

I think it's more likely that he just made the best call he could - like he usually does - and now people who have been treating him like a pariah all along don't want to consider that they may have been wrong about him. We see the same thing when some allegedly conservative Supreme Court justice rules the liberal way.

It must be a fluke. He has some ulterior motive. And so on . . . 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.2    4 years ago

More likely Barr realized the election conspiracy nonsense was a bridge too far, even for him. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.3    4 years ago

He is walking the straight and narrow now believing he won't be busted in January.  What an idiot.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.5  JBB  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.2    4 years ago

Obama would laughs his ass off reading that!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.1    4 years ago
If he was half as bad as the left and media have made him out to be or truly Trump's puppet; then he never would have made this announcement.

He only made the announcement because Trump kept claiming that a crime took place.

Of course the left and media will never admit they were wrong or forgive him anyways- so it makes no difference.

Nothing to admit, Barr is a corrupt low life scum, who acted more as Trump's personal attorney than US Attorney General.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.2    4 years ago

The only ulterior motive I can think of is a run for the Presidency in 2024. AG's don't generally make visits to meet with Israeli Prime Ministers if they don't want to be seen as a player on the international stage. 

But other than that I see none.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.7    4 years ago

You think Bill Barr is going to run for president?   That is a novel take. 

I think Bill Barr gets involved in things because he is a conservative ideologue and he wants to effect events in a way the furthers his beliefs. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.9  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.7    4 years ago

Barr is probably trying to do a little post election clean up. He can't seem too much of nut job or he won't get those offers to join corporate Boards and paid speaking engagements. 

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.10  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.1    4 years ago

Believe anything you will. We don't have to explain the mind of Barr to a conservative supporter of Trump. Barr is, was, and forever be considered full of piss by me. Even in this, he is full of piss. I won't take it back.  Barr piss off! Oh, and that crap he pulled with turning Durham's role in to special counsel goes to the point that Barr is a 'pig.'

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.11  CB  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.2    4 years ago

Tacos! There is nothing for Barr to BS his way through. No spin he can apply that would be incredulous.  All the courts are asking for evidence and not a thing other than. Barr is full of piss. I tell you.

Furthermore, anybody who chooses to believe a majority of the mind-numbing BS Donald Trump has been making up for four years despite the truth sprouting up all around. . .him. . . is a Barr full of piss!

To be clear, all the above is about Barr and Donald and no one on NT!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.12  Ronin2  replied to  CB @3.1.10    4 years ago
We don't have to explain the mind of Barr to a conservative supporter of Trump

Wrong the hell again. For the untold time- I can't stand Trump; didn't vote for him or the beast Hillary the first time around. Wasn't voting for him this time around either; I was voting against Democrats at every damn level. First time I have voted straight Republican ticket ever. And given the way the Democrats are acting now; it won't be the last.

Barr is, was, and forever be considered full of piss by me.  Even in this, he is full of piss. I won't take it back.  Barr piss off! Oh, and that crap he pulled with turning Durham's role in to special counsel goes to the point that Barr is a 'pig.'

Big surprise coming from a rampant TDS sufferer. See how that works? As for Durham, as Democrats like to point out- if nothing was done wrong what is the problem with an investigation; unless there is something to hide?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @3.1.9    4 years ago
Barr is probably trying to do a little post election clean up.

He just appointed John Durham Special Counsel under the same regulation that covered Robert Mueller, so Biden can't get rid of the Durham Investigation.

As William Barr begins to clean out his desk, honest decent Americans now know what a legitimate AG looks like - William Barr!

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.14  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.12    4 years ago

Let me put it this way. Trash-talk ain't making the case any better. As for who you voted for or didn't vote for at the end of the day that is your 'poetry'  to interpret.

Who is paying for all these investigations? I thought conservatives were all about saving Benjamins? But what do I know-apparently 'merica has money to waste stupidly, while pretending to be broke to minorities and poor whites!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.1.14    4 years ago
But what do I know-apparently 'merica has money to waste stupidly, while pretending to be broke to minorities and poor whites!

Are minorities and poor whites entitled to something?

Other than an opportunity to advance and improve themselves, like everyone else?

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.16  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.15    4 years ago

Yeah, poor whites and minorities are entitled to better expenditures of this nation's taxes and wealth. After all, they are Poor and Minorities who help (present tense)  build this damn country their life-longs just like their counterparts, the rich, famous, and lucky. (And then some.)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.1.16    4 years ago
Yeah, poor whites and minorities are entitled to better expenditures of this nation's taxes and wealth.

Why? What claim do they have that anyone else doesn't also have? Don't others also build America--or, as you seem to prefer--'merica?

make a legitimate case instead of merely repeating platitudes.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.18  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.13    4 years ago
He just appointed John Durham Special Counsel under the same regulation that covered Robert Mueller, so Biden can't get rid of the Durham Investigation.

Actually, he didn't Vic.

28 CFR Part 600-3 Qualifications of the Special Counsel states:

The Special Counsel shall be selected from outside the United States Government.

In Barr's appointment letter he states that Durham is the US Attorney for the District of Connecticut. As of TODAY, Durham STILL holds that position. I'm pretty fucking sure that office is INSIDE of the US Government. 

As William Barr begins to clean out his desk, honest decent Americans now know what a legitimate AG looks like - William Barr!

Barr can't manage to follow the LAW, you must be so proud. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.13    4 years ago

tRump's consigliere is getting the boot!  

The whole corrupt tRump criminal enterprise 'administration' is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOCK 'EM UP!  The whole bunch!  Nothing but a bunch of gangsters, thugs, criminals, grifters, thieves, mobsters, scum! 

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.20  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.17    4 years ago

Wait! So you dare to 'stand' here and defend waste and abuse of government funds?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.21  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.19    4 years ago

I believe that is the theme song of US Postal workers!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.1.20    4 years ago

That isn't making your case.

Try it again, and this time please present a legitimate argument why minorities and poor are entitled to something the rest of us are not.

If you please, just answer what you are asked instead of endless deflections and asking of impertinent and irrelevant questions, or simply admit you have no legitimate case as evidenced by your lack of argument for.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.23  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.22    4 years ago
Who is paying for all these investigations? I thought conservatives were all about saving Benjamins? But what do I know-apparently 'merica has money to waste stupidly, while pretending to be broke to minorities and poor whites!

And who sez poor whites and minorities are more entitled? We're all entitled to good expenditure of tax funds. Waste and abuse of government funds is BS no matter the 'do-ers.'  The question is this: Is this a good expenditure of tax dollars? Ball's in your court.

Also if you intend to blow smoke and time going forward--ignore this comment in its entirety.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.1.23    4 years ago

You may wish to look at the post you respond to.

Your post has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

Maybe you thought you had a point, but please share it with 'merica and relate how your post connects to mine.

Thanks.

BTW, that isn't even the beginning of a convincing argument why you think minorities and poor are entitled to things others are not.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.25  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.24    4 years ago

Big waste of time. Good bye.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  CB @3.1.25    4 years ago
"Big waste of time."

Indeed, a complete and utter, waste of time.  

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.27  CB  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.26    4 years ago

YEAH, I simply refuse to be gaslit by gaslighters from alternative realities and commentaries! (Smile.)

"Don't gaslight me, bro!" (Chuckles.)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.1.25    4 years ago
Big waste of time.

I agree, in my experience, it IS a complete waste of time to ask anything of you.

Carry onward!

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.29  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.28    4 years ago

You get a vote up! Carry onward!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.30  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.1.29    4 years ago
Carry onward!

My, my, how very original of you.

Taking a page from Biden now?

LOL!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.31  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.13    4 years ago
so Biden can't get rid of the Durham Investigation.

Yes he can, it's just a little more leg work and obviously Durham has nothing as  he was supposed to report his findings 5 months ago and.....nada. 

Don't forget, trump said as POTUS he can do whatever he wants to do and the right wing completely supported him in doing exactly that. That applies to Biden as well, yes? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.32  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.31    4 years ago
Yes he can

Let's see him try it!  If Joe Biden fired Durham or tried to scuttle the investigation, the Biden administration will have done what Trump never actually did. All of those columns and speeches contorting the language of the obstruction statute would come back to haunt the Democrats.

he was supposed to report his findings 5 months ago

Maybe in liberal limbo land.

Actually it's a stroke of genius by William Barr. Democrats are now in the same position they put Republicans in with the Mueller investigation. We should ask them all if they want to shut down the Durham investigation and if so why?

It also pretty much ends the possibility of Biden nominating progressive hero Sally Yates for AG. Yates would be placed in an even more precarious position than Jeff Sessions who recused himself for simply being on the Trump campaign team. Yates has a clear and obvious conflict. Yates was directly involved in the Russian investigation and signed off on the controversial surveillance of Trump associate Carter Page. She recently claimed that she would never have signed the application if she knew what she knows today. 

Supposedly she was Biden's front runner for the job.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.33  Greg Jones  replied to  CB @3.1.20    4 years ago

Wait! So you dare to 'stand' here and defend waste and abuse of government funds?

You mean like you defended the waste and abuse of the Mueller investigation and the faux impeachment hearings

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.34  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.32    4 years ago
We should ask them all if they want to shut down the Durham investigation and if so why?
After all, they have nothing to hide.  jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_40_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.35  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.32    4 years ago
Let's see him try it!  If Joe Biden fired Durham or tried to scuttle the investigation, the Biden administration will have done what Trump never actually did. All of those columns and speeches contorting the language of the obstruction statute would come back to haunt the Democrats.

Actually Vic, as I said in my prior post, which you conveniently ignored, Durham is STILL the US District Attorney for Connecticut and serves at the pleasure of the POTUS. 

Secondly, even if Durham were a legal Special Prosecutor, which he is NOT, he would report to the US AG and rely on the DOJ for personnel and funding. Any actions Durham takes need to be signed off on by the AG and parameters of his investigation are controlled by the AG. 

So this pretense that Barr just made Durham independent is bullshit. 

Actually it's a stroke of genius by William Barr.

Right Vic, so fucking genius that he failed to follow the statute. 

So, being a genius, Barr must have PLANNED to bullshit Trump and purposely make an illegal appointment that he KNEW would be easily be revoked by Biden's AG.  

Democrats are now in the same position they put Republicans in with the Mueller investigation.

Rosenstein is a REPUBLICAN. The Democrats had NOTHING to do with appointing Mueller. 

We should ask them all if they want to shut down the Durham investigation and if so why?

Answer: Because Durham's appointment is illegal. 

Next? 

It also pretty much ends the possibility of Biden nominating progressive hero Sally Yates for AG.

How? Be specific. 

Yates was directly involved in the Russian investigation and signed off on the controversial surveillance of Trump associate Carter Page.

So did Rosenstein, TWICE. 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.36  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.32    4 years ago

You are aware that Mueller was appointed by a republican, right? Democrats had nothing to do with it. Nice try. 

Again, you can spin all you want but Durham was supposed to deliver his findings months ago and not shockingly, he turned up nothing. Why? Because there was nothing to find. The investigation was started by the book. Lets face it, you lost, there is nothing there and there never was. It was all made up bullshit and Durham was just the useful idiot. 

Like I said, according to trump, presidents can do whatever the fuck they want, if Biden wants to get rid of the lame duck waste of money Durham investigation, he can easily do so. All he has to do is appoint a partisan AG and have him fire Durham. Hey, didn't bother the right wing when trump appointed Barr....right? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.37  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.33    4 years ago

You mean like you defended the waste and abuse of the Mueller investigation and the faux impeachment hearings

The Mueller investigation actually put 40 million in the coffers through fines and confiscated materials. So not a waste of money, sorry. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.38  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @3.1.35    4 years ago
if Durham were a legal Special Prosecutor, which he is NOT,

Are you ever right?

You better tell them that it's illegal!

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.39  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.36    4 years ago
but Durham was supposed to deliver his findings months ago

Show us where?

Give us a link or end the Bull Shit

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.40  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.38    4 years ago
Are you ever right?

Yes, all the time. 

How about you cite what you think I got wrong Vic. Be specific. 

You better tell them that it's illegal!

I told YOU and you haven't even tried to refute it. 

BTW, I see that you didn't answer my question. 

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.41  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.33    4 years ago

Greg, growth and development is called for here. The question is this: Do YOU intend to defend waste and abuse of government funds?  Yes or no.

Answer that and then ask your question again. This way we can move forward. If you don't I will dismiss the whole thing as not worth continuing.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.42  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.39    4 years ago
Show us where?

Give us a link or end the Bull Shit

“In terms of the future of Durham’s investigation, he’s pressing ahead as hard as he can, and I expect that we will have some developments, hopefully before the end of the summer,” Barr said then.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.43  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @3.1.42    4 years ago

That doesn't sound like any kind of deadline to me.

I'm afraid it's just like your side told us about the almost 3 year Mueller investigation - it's normal!

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.44  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.43    4 years ago
That doesn't sound like any kind of deadline to me.

We weren't talking about a 'deadline'. 

I'm afraid it's just like your side told us about the almost 3 year Mueller investigation -it's normal!

My 'side' didn't have a fucking thing to do with the length of Mueller investigation. The ENTIRE thing took place under Trump. Just STOP. 

Oh and BTFW, the Mueller investigation was 2 years, NOT 3. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.45  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.43    4 years ago

How many years and how many different investigations into Hillary and Benghazi?  And what was found?  NOTHING.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.46  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @3.1.44    4 years ago
We weren't talking about a 'deadline'. 

Then What is this shit about Durham having to have a report done?   Please be specific.

My 'side' 

Um-hum

The ENTIRE thing took place under Trump. 

And it looks like this one will go into Biden's tenure.

The Mueller investigation went until the democrats took the House and they felt they could hand off a fucking faux report. They had nothing and they knew the President wasn't a Russian agent right from the beginning.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.47  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.46    4 years ago

ENOUGH! All this money being spend on infinity 'tag' while citizen masses continue to go broke, are starving, and dying of fixable diseases. This was the republican "big show" to illustrate to the nation and the outside nations just how much better off we our nation could be under conservative political control.  Instead, what is on display is negativism, combatism, and whataboutism.

None of which will make anybody consider republicans and conservative parties preferable.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.48  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.46    4 years ago
Then What is this shit about Durham having to have a report done?   Please be specific.

Vic, you have the dude as your avatar. YOU have been claiming ad nauseam that Durham was going to release a 'report'. 

Frost said that Durham was expected to report his finding and I said that as a Special Counsel he would report TO the AG.

NO ONE has said anything about Durham 'having to have a report done. 

Is THAT specific enough for you? 

Um-hum

Oh goody, another conservative who thinks that block quoting truncated comments and replying to just that part makes a cogent point. 

Juvenile. 

And it looks like this one will go into Biden's tenure.

Durham's appointment is illegal Vic. Any 'legitimate AG' will call him to the carpet and shut his shit down. 

The Mueller investigation went until the democrats took the House and they felt they could hand off a fucking faux report. They had nothing and they knew the President wasn't a Russian agent right from the beginning.

That's a lot of bullshit words for 'yes you are right, it was only 2 years'.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.49  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @3.1.48    4 years ago

s appointment is illegal Vic

That's 100% false.  but, please by all means, try and prove that assertion. 

e AG' will call him to the carpet and shut his shit down.

Sure. . It will be hilarious watching the same people who went into hysterics about the mere possibility of Mueller being fired (It's obstruction of justice!) will defend Biden firing a special counsel. 

y had nothing and they knew the President wasn't a Russian agent right from the beginning.

Yep,

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.50  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.49    4 years ago
That's 100% false.  but, please by all means, try and prove that assertion. 

I already have Sean, READ the thread. 

Sure. . It will be hilarious watching the same people who went into hysterics about the mere possibility of Mueller being fired (It's obstruction of justice!) will defend Biden firing a special counsel. 

Again, READ the thread. Mueller and Durham are NOT equivalents. 

Thomas
Senior Guide
3.1.51  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.46    4 years ago

If Durham had anything on anyone he would have laid some cards down in October before the election to help the president. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.52  Sean Treacy  replied to  Thomas @3.1.51    4 years ago

Oh.. You assume Durham is as politicized as Mueller and the Democrats.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.53  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @3.1.50    4 years ago
y have Sean, READ the thread. 

Silly, unsupported conclusions are not proof. Cite the actual controlling authority that makes his appointment illegal. 

. Mueller and Durham are NOT equivalents.

They are both legally appointed special prosecutors, pursuant to the same authority.  The idea that a legal distinction exists between the two is present only in your mind. 

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.54  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.53    4 years ago

Running a nation on vindictive schemes is not practical. People are dying of Covid-19, and some conservatives are trying to prove the most asinine fool named Donald Trump has some value to the whole of society. Donald Trump is a failed and replaced president. A coronavirus cleaned his damn clock! Time for some conservatives to get their damn heads back in the game of life and put stupid shit in the trashbin.

If Durham comes back with something substantial on the merits, then well done. If his results are controversial and fodder for Trump TV, then the hell he says! It would have been better for us all if he had not bothered to "serve" in the first place.

We're all getting older and dying out here. Broke, busted, and disgusted in many families and homes. We don't need fake ass investigations masquerading as warfare. If some conservatives want combat—volunteer to serve in real combat where more is on the line than just theatrics.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.55  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.53    4 years ago
Silly, unsupported conclusions are not proof. Cite the actual controlling authority that makes his appointment illegal. 

I cited the fucking statute Sean. WTF MORE do you want? 

They are both legally appointed special prosecutors, pursuant to the same authority. 

Again, FALSE. 

The idea that a legal distinction exists between the two is present only in your mind. 

It's not an 'idea' Sean, it's a FACT. Go READ the fucking statute, where the 'legal distinction exists' in black and white. 

Or is it your claim that somehow Barr and Durham are special snowflakes who are immune to the the legal limitations of the Special Counsel statute? If so, please make your argument to support that. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.1.56  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Dulay @3.1.55    4 years ago
special snowflakes who are immune to the

TRUTH, would be Trump supporters

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.57  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @3.1.55    4 years ago

cited the fucking statute Sean. WTF MORE do you want? 

No, you didn't. You cited a regulation. A regulation is not a statute. Moreover, if you'd actually looked at Barr's appointment  of Durham and understood the authority under which it was made, you'd know that regulation you cited isn't even applicable. 

Again, FALSE. 

Again, since you don't even know the actual statutory authority under which Barr appointed Durham (the same as Mueller, by the way) it's obvious you don't know what you are talking about.  

READ the fucking statute, where the 'legal distinction exists' in black and white. 

Why don't you learn what a fucking statute is and then learn which fucking  actual statutes apply to the appointment of Durham, and Mueller.

Here's a hint, the REGULATION you cited didn't apply to the appointment of either Mueller or Durham. So, as I said, there's no actual legal distinction between the two appointments.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.58  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.57    4 years ago
No, you didn't. You cited a regulation. A regulation is not a statute. Moreover, if you'd actually looked at Barr's appointment  of Durham and understood the authority under which it was made, you'd know that regulation you cited isn't even applicable. 

Oh I thought you and yours were averse to parsing. Guess not. 

You are SO right, it isn't a statute, it's a regulation. A regulation under which ALL Special Counsel are appointed. 

In my 3.1.18 comment sited a part of the REGULATION, 28 CRF 600.3. Barr has NO 'authority' to appoint a Special Counsel without 28 CRF 600 .1-10. 

It may behoove you to note that in his appointment, Barr himself cites sections of 28 CRF 600 multiple times so your claim that it 'isn't even applicable' is utter bullshit. 

So AGAIN Sean:

The Special Counsel shall be selected from outside the United States Government. 

Since Durham is CURRENTLY the US District Attorney for Connecticut, which BTFW, Barr states clearly in his appointment, he does NOT qualify to be appointed as a Special Counsel and therefore his appointment is illegal. 

Why don't you learn what a fucking statute is and then learn which fucking  actual statutes apply to the appointment of Durham, and Mueller.

There ARE no statutes that apply to the appointment of a Special Counsel Sean. As you so astutely pointed out, it's a fucking REGULATION, which I sited.  

Here's a hint, the REGULATION you cited didn't apply to the appointment of either Mueller or Durham. So, as I said, there's no actual legal distinction between the two appointments.

The REGULATION I sited sure as fuck DOES apply to BOTH appointments and is cited in BOTH appointments Sean. 

Again, the legal distinction between the two appointments is that Mueller was OUTSIDE of the US government when he was appointed and Durham is NOT and therefore UNQUALIFIED. 

Now, unless you've got something more than nuh uh, please stop boring me...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.59  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.58    4 years ago

Cited.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.60  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.59    4 years ago

Pickaune...

Thomas
Senior Guide
3.1.61  Thomas  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.52    4 years ago

The purpose of his position being created in the first place was to press back on the democrats and the supposed "Deep State" by investigating "Obamagate" the Flynn stupidity and some other bullshit that the president and his wacko, positive feedback loop dreamt up, but Durham and the rest came up with a whole lot of nothing. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.62  Dulay  replied to  Thomas @3.1.61    4 years ago

Exactly and unfortunately, it lost the DOJ ANOTHER highly qualified and competent DOJ employee. Durham's long time assistant resigned because of the bullshit. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.63  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.60    4 years ago

Are you trying to spell picayune ?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.64  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @3.1.58    4 years ago
h I thought you and yours were averse to parsing. Guess not. 

Just say you were right, I was wrong and stop the childish deflection. 

You are SO right, it isn't a statute, it's a regulation. A regulation under which ALL Special Counsel are appointed. 

You obviously didn't pay attention to what I wrote. Look at the appointment for Bob Mueller for instance. It's lists the legal authority under which he operates.  Your regulation is excluded. 

Barr has NO 'authority' to appoint a Special Counsel without 28 CRF 600 .1-10. 

Of course he does. You are making a very fundamental mistake in which you believe Mueller and Durham were appointed pursuant to Clinton era regulations instead of what actually happened. Both Mueller and Durham were appointed pursuant to the AG's statutory authority.  

Again, until you actually look at and understand  the specific statutes that are referenced in the appointments of Mueller and Durham, you really have no clue what you are talking about.  I suspect you've fallen prey to some left wing manipulator trying to gin up outrage under a false pretext. 

Unless, of course,  you are now going full hypocrite and are going to claim that Mueller's appointment was illegal too, since it excludes regulations you claim must be included. 

ere ARE no statutes that apply to the appointment of a Special Counsel Sean. As you so astutely pointed out, it's a fucking REGULATION, which I sited.  

You really are just going to ignore the actual statutes cited by the DOJ when  it authorized Mueller and Durham?  Bold strategy, Cotton. 

LATION I sited sure as fuck DOES apply to BOTH appointments and is cited in BOTH appointments Sean. 

No, it's not. Numbers matter. Or do you think the number 3 comes between 4 and 10? 

w, unless you've got something more than nuh uh, please stop boring me..

I'm sorry you find learning about how the government actually operates boring.  Persist in ignorance on the topic if you don't want to be bored, I guess. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.65  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.64    4 years ago
Just say you were right, I was wrong and stop the childish deflection. 

Nothing in my comment was a deflection Sean. In fact, I address your issues head on. Try it. 

You obviously didn't pay attention to what I wrote. Look at the appointment for Bob Mueller for instance. It's lists the legal authority under which he operates.  Your regulation is excluded. 

Why do you continue to make ridiculous statements that are so easily refuted Sean? 

From Mueller's appointment letter: 

any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

Sections 600.4 through 600. l0 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are
applicable to the Special Counsel.

That last line is repeated in the Durham appointment.

So perhaps you'd like to explain WHY you keep trying to gaslight. 

Again, until you actually look at and understand  the specific statutes that are referenced in the appointments of Mueller and Durham, you really have no clue what you are talking about.  I suspect you've fallen prey to some left wing manipulator trying to gin up outrage under a false pretext. 

Sean, you keep flapping your gums about a 'statutes' yet YOU are the one that doesn't understand the statute [ONE] cited in both appointments. 

28 U.S.C.§§ 509, 510, and 515 are about the AG's supervisory functions, ability to delegate prosecutions and proceedings. There is NOTHING in any of those sections of 28 USC about a Special Counsel. 

From Barr's notice to Congress:

Accordingly , on October 19, 2020 I appointed Mr. Durham with the powers and
authority of a Special Counsel under the regulations of the Department of Justice. See 28 C.F.R. 600.4-600.10.

From Barr's appointment of Durham:

(d) 28 C.F.R. 600.4 to 600.10 are applicable to the Special Counsel

It would be the height of hypocrisy to claim that Barr can mandate that Durham follow 28 CFR 600. 4-10 while pretending that as AG, he can ignore 28 CFR 600.1-3. Yet YOU do it anyway:

No, it's not. Numbers matter. Or do you think the number 3 comes between 4 and 10? 

No thinking person can accept the posit that Barr can cherry pick the parts of a regulation he wants to follow and ignore the parts he wants to. 

I'm sorry you find learning about how the government actually operates boring. 

Learning about how the government actually operates isn't boring at all. It's your comments, which are ignorant of that knowledge, that are boring. 

Persist in ignorance on the topic if you don't want to be bored, I guess. 

I'm not ignorant on the topic Sean. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.66  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @3.1.65    4 years ago
From Mueller's appointment letter: 
 any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a). Sections 600.4 through 600. l0 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are applicable to the Special Counsel.

No shit! You finally read the appointment letters like I told you to

That last line is repeated in the Durham appointment.

Of course it is!.  That's my whole point!   

Remember, I'm the one who said they were appointed pursuant to the same authority. Glad you caught up. 

o perhaps you'd like to explain WHY you keep trying to gaslight.\

Which is exactly what you are now trying to do since you've been embarrassed with regards to the authorities cited by Barr.  He cited the exact same authorities that were used to appoint Mueller, making the appointment just as legal Mueller's was.  Guess who said that from the beginning? Not you.....

IF the Mueller precedent wasn't staring you in the face, you might have some excuse for your ignorant understanding of the AG's powers,  but with Barr using the exact same language to delegate authority to Durham  that was used for Mueller there's no reason to believe you aren't simply gaslighting the forum now. 

of hypocrisy to claim that Barr can mandate that Durham follow 28 CFR 600. 4-10 while pretending that as AG, he can ignore 28 CFR 600.1-

You obviously don't understand why the word hypocrisy means.  Mueller's appointment ignored those exact regulations.  The height of hypocrisy would be to claim that Mueller's appointment that ignores those regulations is legal, but Durham's using the exact same legal authority, is illegal,

g person can accept the posit that Barr can cherry pick the parts of a regulation he wants to follow and ignore the parts he wants to.

OF course he can. Mueller was appointed the same way.  Aren't you paying attention?  

Do you know how this works? The AG could have appointed him under his statutory power and kept Durham, or Mueller at the time, outside the scope of all the 600.1 to 600.10. regulations. It's clear cut stuff, which is why no one claimed Mueller's appointment was illegal for excluding those regulations you now imagine are somehow mandatory. 

Or can  you point to where you called Mueller's appointment illegal  for excluding those same regulations?  That would at least exonerate you from being a hypocrite. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.67  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.66    4 years ago
No shit! You finally read the appointment letters like I told you to

Not only did I read the appointment YESTERDAY, unlike you, I understood it. 

The REGULATION is entitled:

28 CFR Part 600 - GENERAL POWERS OF SPECIAL COUNSEL

There are SECTIONS, of 28 CFR 600, from 600.1 - 600.10, Those SECTIONS are not separate REGULATIONS, they work as a GROUP. 

Your 'whole point' is that you are desperate to pretend that SECTIONS 4-10 are the 'regulation' that give Barr the authority to appoint a Special Counsel. They do NOT.

ONLY SECTIONS 1-3 give the AG that AUTHORITY and instruct the AG how to LEGALLY use it.

Do you know how this works?

Yes. 

The AG could have appointed him under his statutory power and kept Durham, or Mueller at the time, outside the scope of all the 600.1 to 600.10. regulations. 

But he DID NOT. Barr SPECIFICALLY sited multiple sections of 28 CFR 600 in both his letter to Congress AND in his appointment of Durham and gave him 'with the powers and authority of a Special Counsel under the regulations of the Department of Justice. See 28 C.F.R. 600.4-600.10.'

Note that 28 C.F.R. 600.4-600.10 ALSO include mandated RESPONSIBILITIES. 

SECTIONS 600.1-600.3 include mandated RESPONSIBILITIES for the AG but of course, Barr wants to ignore those and you want to let him. 

The rest of your post is blather. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.68  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @3.1.67    4 years ago
ly did I read the appointment YESTERDAY, unlike you, I understood it. 

Obviously not, because  it took you until your last post to grasp the point that I've been making since the beginning, that the authorizations for Mueller and Durham reference the exact same statutes and they don't include the regulation you've been arguing applies. 

'whole point' is that you are desperate to pretend that SECTIONS 4-10 are the 'regulation' that give Barr the authority to appoint a Special Counse

NO, you still don't know what you are talking about.  Please try and read the actual statutes that were cited in the appointments of Mueller and Durham.  Back to square one. Statutes and regulations are different things. The appointment letters of Mueller and Durham cite the specific statutes that gives the AG the authority for the appointments.  I will say this again as simply as I can, the regulations do not give Barr authority to appoint a special prosecutor, the Statutes do. And you continue to ignore them. 

But he DID NOT.

This is truly hilarious. You literally just wrote that  my 'whole point' is that you are desperate to pretend that SECTIONS 4-10 are the 'regulation' that give Barr the authority to appoint a Special Counsel:" (which is obviously false) and then one sentence later cite where I told you that the AG did not need to rely on sections 4-10.  Do you even pay attention to your own arguments?

Your "gotcha" points are regurgitating what I told you three posts ago as if they somehow help you.  After all this, you admit that his appointment isn't reliant on the regulation that you cited and they were excluded from the authorizations for Durham and Mueller. 

SO now back to my original point. Where is your authority that the appointment is illegal?  All you've done is cite a regulation that applied to neither Mueller nor Durham and wasted a number of posts coming to that realization.  With the actual statutes cited by the DOJ and the precedent of Mueller right in front of you, it's silly at this point to keep claiming the appointment is illegal. I have no idea why you would continue with this charade.  No court in the country is going to claim the appointment was illegal on the grounds you claim.  Legally informed liberals know it, I know it and I hope you are coming to that understanding.  Just because some liberal grifter on Dailykos said it's illegal doesn't make it so. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.69  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.68    4 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.70  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @3.1.69    4 years ago

Communicating by emoji is probably your best option. Words can be hard. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.71  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.70    4 years ago

Oh, BTFW, good one!

CB
Professor Principal
3.2  CB  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago

Why are you asking us? The "team" is breaking up? Ask a Trumphole 'plainer already!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  CB @3.2    4 years ago
Why are you asking us?

Because I enjoy prompting conspiracy theorists to explain facts that punch holes in their narratives.

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.2  CB  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.1    4 years ago

Who are you calling a conspiracy theorist?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.1    4 years ago
Because I enjoy prompting conspiracy theorists to explain facts that punch holes in their narratives.

jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.4  Tacos!  replied to  CB @3.2.2    4 years ago
Who are you calling a conspiracy theorist?

original

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.5  CB  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.4    4 years ago

Why, I can't imagine Morgan talking that way-can you? What movie is that quote from?

Your comment was directed at me, so I am right to inquire as to its meaning and intent!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.2.5    4 years ago
so I am right to inquire as to its meaning and intent!

Do you not know what it means or something?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.4    4 years ago

I guess if Droopy Dog ever gets a reboot, Barr might have a job

1*HwN58f8tsOUivShuIZoCcw.jpeg

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.3  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @3    4 years ago

A short interview can hardly be considered an 'official finding'. Especially when he equivocated by saying:

To date , we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election,” Barr told the AP.

Then he ran right over to the WH and told Trump about the 'secret' Durham appointment. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

Oh...boy....

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    4 years ago

the fattest rats don't jump from a sinking ship, they wait for the water to wash over the deck.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @4.1    4 years ago

good point because they can float

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    4 years ago

512 May We Be Done With Trump's Bullshit? Trump Lost!

512 512 Is it any wonder that the once Grand Old Party of Abraham Lincoln is now known merely as the gop?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5    4 years ago

Party Lincoln founded??????

Crack open a history book and learn the origins of the GOP.

At least then you might stop making the mistake over and over again about the GOP being the Party of Lincoln.

Maybe.....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5    4 years ago

I wonder why the GOP's first Presidential candidate wasn't Lincoln, since you claim he founded the Republican Party in 1854.

Kind of amazing that historians don't give Lincoln the credit for founding the party, but, hey, what would actual historians know compared to someone who did no research 150+ years later, right?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2    4 years ago
I wonder why the GOP's first Presidential candidate wasn't Lincoln, since you claim he founded the Republican Party in 1854.

What does one have to do with the other?  Fremont ran and lost in a three way race, a testament as to how a third party candidate ( Millard Fillmore of the Know Nothing Party ) affects a close race.

Kind of amazing that historians don't give Lincoln the credit for founding the party, but, hey, what would actual historians know compared to someone who did no research 150+ years later, right?

Better call Wikipedia, and tell them they are spreading fake history...

Lincoln, formerly a Whig member, began publicly debating Douglas over the Kansas Nebraska Act in 1854, ran as a Republican seeking an appointment to the Senate in 1855, ran in 1856 as a Republican again, losing the same Senate seat.

By winning the Presidency in 1860 he cemented the party's national credibility. 

Other articles suggest the Party officially became a national movement with the conventions in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia in

One could surmise that if Lincoln had lost and the party faded away, only Horace Greeley and Henry Jarvis Raymond would be listed as founders of a local Michigan party.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6  Bob Nelson    4 years ago

Bill Barr is a RINO. 

Fire him! 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Bob Nelson @6    4 years ago

Get the butter because he is total toast in January.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1    4 years ago

LOCK HIM UP!

Ender
Professor Principal
7  Ender    4 years ago

He will be out of a job come January.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
8  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

The man had to do something drastic.  He needs a job come January 20th.  Next, he'll be saying that he's been joking for the last two years, and of course he didn't agree with Trump's stupid-ass conspiracy theory nonsense.  

CB
Professor Principal
8.1  CB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8    4 years ago

Well, he got another fifteen minutes of fame in the history books. It's good work if you can get it.

To his credit, he truly believes the 'merican President to be the Executive with immense powers to govern with impunity (no risk of punishment). That would make it all the more interesting to see what that one would consider proper if Donald was to push off with a boot in his fat 'hiney' for bringing him sad, depressing, no voter fraud news!

Thomas
Senior Guide
8.2  Thomas  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8    4 years ago

William Barr does not need a job.

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.2.1  Dulay  replied to  Thomas @8.2    4 years ago

'Too much and never enough'

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
9  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

The Lincoln Project strikes again.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1  devangelical  replied to  sandy-2021492 @9    4 years ago

bwah ha ha ha, what a moron ...

CB
Professor Principal
9.2  CB  replied to  sandy-2021492 @9    4 years ago

And for the love of humanity, we (all), republicans and conservatives who love right and truth too, must fight this unceasing "motor-mouth" from ever getting into public service again! Donald Trump is the pits!