╌>

Viral Video of Spider Infestation Makes International News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  71 comments

By:   Tommy Christopher (Mediaite)

Viral Video of Spider Infestation Makes International News
What would you do if you came across hundreds of spiders in your daughter's room? Post video of them and become international news, if you're one Australian mom

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

VIDEO AT LINK

By Tommy ChristopherJan 30th, 2021, 2:59 pm

What would you do if you came across hundreds of spiders in your daughter's room? Post video of them and become international news, if you're one Australian mom.

Claudia Domrose of Sydney, Australia discovered hundreds of newly-hatched huntsman spiders on the walls and ceiling of her daughter's room, and posted video of the creepy-crawly nursery online.

She explained to Australia's News9 that not only wasn't she going to kill the spiders, her daughter actually slept in the room that night.

"We just left them there because they are baby huntsman, I actually like huntsman, so I was like, I'm not going to do anything," the makeup artist from Germany said.

"They're just going to walk away… let nature be."

Claudia said her daughter joked she wouldn't sleep in the room again. However, she did sleep in the room, choosing to sleep at the opposite end of her bed.

Well, the story turned out to have legs, as the arachno-colony popped up on newscasts around the world. But perhaps the best reaction came from Kate Langbroek of 10 Sydney, who was clearly mortified by the story, and added that returning home after some time abroad made her realize she never noticed "how spidery Australia is."

Watch the clip above via 10 Sydney.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I think this went viral not because of hundreds of spiders in a girl's bedroom, but because mom said they were going to "let nature take it's course." 

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1  shona1  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Ahhh yep....I don't have a problem with that...they are harmless so yes let nature be...as she said...

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago
let nature take it's course

5698cba627a2a4974e22d8feff94cac4.jpg

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

No thanks.  I'll be at the hotel, Mommie Dearest .  Call me when every last freaking spider is dead.  And while you're at it Joan, do something about the cockroach infestation.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    3 years ago

lol, I kill any of them that bite humans now.

Professor Guide
2.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @2.1    3 years ago

On 2 separate occasions over the years, I've called family members to come over and kill spiders.  Don't judge.  They were big-ass spiders.  Of course every family holiday gathering since then has been a treat.  The good news is that I'm a little smarter about providing ammo to loved ones.  Raid Wasp and Hornet killer can make short work out of a spider from 22 feet.  

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Ender  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.1    3 years ago

I made the mistake of swatting a wolf spider once. Will never do that again. As soon as I did, a million tiny babies ran all over the place. I was horrified.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.1    3 years ago

I assume you do know what the non-family member prevailing rate for spider assassination is now.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.1    3 years ago

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2  Ender  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    3 years ago

Her weird laugh and saying they were so cute...

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    3 years ago

Sicko should have slept in the room herself and let her daughter sleep in her room.

What an idiot to just think they would leave the house.

shona1
PhD Quiet
3.1  shona1  replied to  Ender @3    3 years ago

Evening ender. They actually do leave by themselves..Geez mass hysterics over harmless huntsmen spiders. If they were funnel webs then that would be something to complain about. Most people ignore them or catch them and put them outside. It is no big drama...

Good on ya mum for not killing them and she is dead right..let nature be...most would be gone by the morning...at least they are harmless...😀

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  shona1 @3.1    3 years ago

I'm with you, Shona. I don't kill spiders unless I absolutely have to. I like wolf spiders. They're big and they jump. They're fascinating. I like tarantulas, too

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.1    3 years ago

I kill spiders on sight unless they have hit quarter size, then I call my wife. If I never see them they are okay, but as soon as either of us come into contact with one another, fuck them. 

Professor Guide
3.1.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.1    3 years ago
I like wolf spiders. They're big and they jump. They're fascinating.

All it takes is one bite to make a blubbering mess out of its victim.  From experience:  It feels like a burning ember melting through your skin.  I'm not talking about a tiny spark, I'm talking about the entire charcoal briquette.  Am I exaggerating?  NO!  Okay, maybe a little, but when they bite, it really does hurt and the wound takes about a month to heal.  What I really hate is that when you try to gently sweep them outside, they make it pretty clear that their intent is to take the broom out of your hands and beat you with it, so I don't take any chances.  

Raid-Yard-Guard-Hero-1-2X.jpg

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.3    3 years ago

Oh, c'mon on! They're not that bad...unless you have a version in Texas that we don't in Arkansas

Professor Guide
3.1.5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.4    3 years ago
Oh, c'mon on! They're not that bad...unless you have a version in Texas that we don't in Arkansas

Everything is bigger in Texas.  In fact, I once struggled with one for a half-hour trying to get my broom back.  That was actually the time I called my Uncle Jerry at 11 o'clock at night.  Without a word, he walked right past me, still in his jammies and bathrobe, walked out to the studio, and the only thing I heard was the unmistakable sound of a foot stomp.  I hadn't even closed the front door when he walked past me again, got in his truck and drove away.  He spoke not one word the entire time. 

In my own defense, he did tell me later that it was the biggest spider he had ever seen in person.  At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.5    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

It's a good story so I can why you're sticking to it.

Back when had a garage I came home and opened the garage door to find George (cat) cornering a tarantula. Fortunately my broom was right there so I swatted at George so he would leave it alone and I gently nudged the tarantula out the garage door towards the woods. George was not pleased but he would been less pleased if that tarantula had stung him

Professor Guide
3.1.7  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.6    3 years ago
I gently nudged the tarantula out the garage door towards the woods.

Nudged it with what?  A leaf blower?  A car tire (one that's still on the car)?  A chandelier duster with a 30-foot extendable grip?   

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1.7    3 years ago

A simple push broom I used for sweeping the garage. I felt really bad for that tarantula because George killed everything he played with. Glad I was able to rescue her.

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    3 years ago

Had to laugh at one of the comments...Caulk that shit up....

Haha

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    3 years ago

Professor Guide
5.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ender @5    3 years ago

Jesus, Mary and freaking Joseph!  

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Ender  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1    3 years ago

Just saw this one...

Aussie Dad "happy" about a huntsman spider being on his child's pillow

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1    3 years ago

Professor Guide
5.1.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ender @5.1.1    3 years ago

Those comments were a hoot.  My fave was,  "Burn it...sacrifice the kid if need be!"

Professor Guide
5.1.4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @5.1.2    3 years ago
heh heh heh

Talent and balls.  Really, really big balls.

shona1
PhD Quiet
5.1.5  shona1  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1    3 years ago

That's only a little tacker..

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ender @5    3 years ago

You sick sack of shit, that is going to give me nightmares. Fuck you Ender. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.2.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.2    3 years ago

arachniphobia is on one of the streaming channels , either hulu or roku, you definitely dont want to see an austrailian huntsman spider or an iraqui camel spider.....those suckers look like alaskan king crabs on land....

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.2.1    3 years ago

Somehow solpugids are not as bad, don't know why. We used to have camel spider fights out in Iraq, ugly ass mother fuckers, mean as all hell, but just not as bad as spiders for me.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.2.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.2.2    3 years ago

first look and mind registers big f'n spider , heard a guy the next pod over in saud crawl into bed with one , all i saw was a streak going across the compound to the porta potties.

In panama we got told to stay away from any and all spiders, even the cute lil ones.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.2.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.2.3    3 years ago

For me it should, but it just doesn't

Again, ugly as fuck, no doubt, but just not a spider. we caught one in our bunker, fast as hell and went right at you, we eventually got it with shaving cream. 

It got DESTROYED (and eaten) in the next fight. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    3 years ago

Nope Nope Nope

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 years ago

Fuck that, we are kindred spirits to a degree lol.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
7  Freefaller    3 years ago

Very cool, wouldn't want to sleep in the room but still very cool.

Just guessing but maybe mom is right about them leaving on their own.  Assuming there isn't a lot of prey inside they would have to go outside so as not to starve

shona1
PhD Quiet
7.1  shona1  replied to  Freefaller @7    3 years ago

That is exactly right... they live outdoors and are usually found in the bush or under bark etc on gumtrees. When they do come inside it can be a sign of heavy rain and they are gone again in no time. So no need to kill or spray them...if they really bother you the old ice cream container and piece of cardboard trick is all that is required...to safely catch them and plonk them back outside...I do it all the time...just have to try and stop the cat from eating them..🙄🙄

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8  Split Personality    3 years ago

Two words

Vacuum cleaner

Empty it outside if you must save the invader.

A Dyson cordless vacuum with the attachment removed allows us to catch and release wasps, murder hornets and large scary

spiders even off the 9 foot ceilings.

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1  Ender  replied to  Split Personality @8    3 years ago

Stop releasing the murder hornets.

Just no...

jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Was the little girl's name "Miss Muffet"?

OIP.EAdo5fXMrcQfim_bCZNW8gHaJP?pid=Api&rs=1

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Not all spiders are bad...

R1f2445439b055f76cd3387ac81f6b863?rik=JJmlmRt0VUMWFA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fmarijuana.heraldtribune.com%2ffiles%2f2014%2f07%2fcharlottes-web-logo-1_small.jpg&ehk=BzAmfvoJIDRUfQ0u8JjjXUvnq3kxw9p9xja2ycnq%2bYA%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

spiderman-ps4-1137099.jpeg

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
11  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

I have arachnophobia and freak out about spiders, except for the wolf spider for some reason.  When I was 12, there was a spider in my bedroom and my mother was not home to deal with it.  After an hour I begged my father to come home from work to kill it.  By the time he did get home, that tiny little spider had grown to 200 lbs in my mind and was carrying my bed around on his back.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @11    3 years ago

I like your imagination

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
11.2  Freefaller  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @11    3 years ago

Lol

Professor Guide
11.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @11    3 years ago
By the time he did get home, that tiny little spider had grown to 200 lbs in my mind and was carrying my bed around on his back.

I didn't know you lived in Texas when you were 12.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12  Perrie Halpern R.A.    3 years ago

OMG, she thinks they are cute, and I think it's what nightmares are made of. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12    3 years ago

There are cute spiders.  Of course, they're computer-generated.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
12.1.1  Freefaller  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.1    3 years ago

If ya want to see a real life cute one, check out Australia's Peacock Spider. It's a tiny little feller who raises it's peacock like back end when it does it's mating dance

Ender
Professor Principal
12.1.2  Ender  replied to  Freefaller @12.1.1    3 years ago

The ones I don't mind are those little jumping spiders. I had one that hung around my computer screen for a while. I left it alone and it would come out and jump around the monitor.

Haven't seen it in a while. I guess a cleaning gig finally got it or drove it off.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
12.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ender @12.1.2    3 years ago

If one jumped on me, I would rival any pole vaulter without even using a pole.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
12.1.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @12.1.3    3 years ago

Couldn't beat me, my ass would be on the moon.

Dig
Professor Participates
12.1.5  Dig  replied to  Freefaller @12.1.1    3 years ago
If ya want to see a real life cute one, check out Australia's Peacock Spider.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Professor Guide
12.1.6  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Dig @12.1.5    3 years ago

I'll admit it, that was rather funny.  And...they were rather cute...as long as they remain on the other side of the globe.

Professor Guide
12.1.7  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Thrawn 31 @12.1.4    3 years ago
Couldn't beat me, my ass would be on the moon.

I'm with you, as long as it's on a moon two galaxies over.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
12.1.8  Freefaller  replied to  Dig @12.1.5    3 years ago

Lol good vid, how could anyone not love that little cutie pie

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
13  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Welp, I would have died of a heart attack. I HATE spiders. Am fucking terrified of them and I have no idea why. They are hideous little bastards, and despite their vital ecological niche I still kinda wish we could wipe them out.

My wife is our resident spider killer.

I once called a fiend of mine and told him to get his ass over to my room, it was a fucking emergency. There was a big ass spider in my sink, which was right by my bathroom and my barracks room door, I was trapped until it was dead.

I had a nightmare one time that a spider was drifting down from our ceiling fan right towards my face, I woke up in an absolute panic flinging our comforter and sheet into the wall. 

I am a complete, 100% pussy when it comes to spiders. I have already told my wife that if her and the girls could be bound and gagged but if there spiders between them and myself, well figure out how to free yourselves. 

Fuck spiders. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
13.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Thrawn 31 @13    3 years ago

I've gotten better over time with my arachnophobia but still steer a wide berth around one if I see one.  Pictures or videos of them don't bother me though.  Some such as in the picture above are really beautiful creatures.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Thrawn 31 @13    3 years ago

My husband has a thing about spiders, too, but he does appreciate the webs that the orb spiders spin. He's gotten some great shots of the one that spins her web on our deck. But what he doesn't appreciate is walking into a web, cause then he starts screaming "Is it on me?!?! Is it one me?!?!"

Professor Guide
13.2.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.2    3 years ago
"Is it on me?!?! Is it one me?!?!"

With me, those words accompany a maniacal high step hopping march while I'm slapping everything on my body that isn't already flailing/hopping/marching...starting with my hair.  

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
13.3  Freefaller  replied to  Thrawn 31 @13    3 years ago
I once called a fiend of mine and told him to get his ass over to my room, it was a fucking emergency. There was a big ass spider in my sink, which was right by my bathroom and my barracks room door, I was trapped until it was dead.

Lol I imagine you got ribbed for a bit after that

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
14  Mark in Wyoming     3 years ago

just remember , spiders get revenge , they wait til your asleep and drift down on their silk and rub their willies on your face , so if you feel something on your face while asleep , just know......

that kept my kids in bed all night long....

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
14.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @14    3 years ago

fuck you

you are such a dick

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
14.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Thrawn 31 @14.1    3 years ago
you are such a dick

no, im an asshole ( me hole) i was born one and just grew bigger....

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
14.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @14.1.1    3 years ago

Lol, love it.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
14.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @14.1.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @14    3 years ago

And that is why I don't kill them

Professor Guide
14.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @14    3 years ago
just remember , spiders get revenge , they wait til your asleep and drift down on their silk and rub their willies on your face , so if you feel something on your face while asleep

Please start spanking yourself.  I'll let you know when you can stop.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
14.3.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @14.3    3 years ago

cat-o-nine tails or hob nailed principals board ?

and remember , i just might like it....

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
15  Mark in Wyoming     3 years ago

256 camel spider rubbin willies

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
15.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @15    3 years ago

See, they don't bother me. Ugly and mean, sure, but they are not spiders.

I just wish we had been able to catch one that didn't get its ass kicked and eaten every fight

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
16  Mark in Wyoming     3 years ago

up here we have cat faced spiders they have a cats face markings on that big booty , use to go and purposely trap those and relocate them around the house outside and near the wood pile, they eat other spiders and are really fond of hobo spiders( poisonous).