╌>

UPDATE : Cruz is returning to Texas, cutting his vacation in Cancun short

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  187 comments

By:   sbaker@businessinsider.com (Sinead Baker) 38 mins ago (MSN)

UPDATE : Cruz is returning to Texas, cutting his vacation in Cancun short
Unverified images on Twitter claim to show Ted Cruz taking a flight out of storm-ravaged Texas and to Cancun, Mexico.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

• Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is under fire after unverified images suggest that he left Texas on Wednesday.
  • Claims circulated on Twitter that he had flown to Cancun. Cruz has yet to comment.
  • Insider was not able to immediately verify the images, which prompted outrage all the same.
  • Visit the Business section of Insider for more stories.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz came under a barrage of criticism late Wednesday as unverified images circulated on Twitter appearing to show him taking a flight out of the storm-ravaged state.

Insider has been unable to immediately verify the images, and could not immediately reach Cruz or one of his representatives for comment. As of early Thursday, no media outlet had reported a response from Cruz.

Nonetheless, the images proved politically explosive. The Texas Democratic Party called for Cruz's resignation, accusing him of abandoning the state in a time of crisis.

Cancun, Mexico, Cruz's alleged destination, became a trending topic on Twitter as speculation mounted.

Insider could not unambiguously prove from the images where Cruz was. But here is what Insider could find, based on information circulating Thursday morning:

The images appear to have been first shared by Twitter user Juan Gomez, though it is not clear whether he took the pictures:

—Juan Gomez (@Juan_Gomez18) February 18, 2021

David Schuster, a former MSNBC journalist, later tweeted that he had "confirmed" that Cruz and his family had flown to Cancun on Wednesday night "for a few days at a resort they've visited before."

He did not give details about how he confirmed it, or with whom.

—David Shuster (@DavidShuster) February 18, 2021

Keith Edwards, a former advisor to Democratic Sen. Jon Ossoff and who was previously involved with the anti-Trump Lincoln Project, posted other images which he said were sent to him by someone who saw Cruz on their flight to Cancun.

—Keith Edwards (@keithedwards) February 18, 2021

And he said he was sharing a picture of Cruz in the airport around 35 minutes before the flight to Cancun:

—Keith Edwards (@keithedwards) February 18, 2021

One Twitter user noted that one of the images showing the man appears to display the time in the background as 4:10 p.m.:

—Nesler (@thatnesler) February 18, 2021

San Antonio ABC affiliate KSAT ran a story Wednesday night asking whether Cruz had gone to Cancun.

The outlet noted that United flight UA1020 departed Houston for Cancun at 4:44 p.m. - 34 minutes after the time shown in that picture.

Another unverified image claims to show Cruz after arrival:

—Simon Barnboym (@barnboym) February 18, 2021

The image shows a man wearing different clothes, but who appears to be wearing the same shoes as in previous pictures and with the same white bag with a yellow tag.

Beto O'Rourke, the Democrat who unsuccessfully challenged Cruz for his Senate seat in 2018, gestured to the speculation on Thursday morning.

In an interview with MSNBC, O'Rourke attacked Cruz, describing him as "the junior Senator from Texas, who I understand is vacationing in Cancun right now when people are literally freezing to death in the state that he was elected to represent and serve."

—The Recount (@therecount) February 18, 2021

Insider has contacted the people who posted all of the above images seeking more information, but has not yet heard back.

Insider also checked the images in these tweets using the reverse image-search software TinEye, which can show whether images have been published before. The service did not find the images on other websites, suggesting that they are recent.

Cruz has a wife and two daughters. Some of the unverified photos show Cruz with a young girl with a similar appearance to one of his daughters, but no other people who resemble his family members.

Some Twitter users noted that the mask the man was wearing matches one that Cruz often wears:

—Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) February 18, 2021

And others claimed that the ring worn by the man in the picture looked to be the same as one Cruz has been pictured wearing:

—Jane Austen (@JaneAusten1813) February 18, 2021

Users also claimed that another unverified image showed Cruz in the airport's United lounge. It is not clear where the image originated or who took it.

—Gilly (@gillypearl) February 18, 2021

Cruz appears to have previously vacationed in Cancun. Page Six reported in January 2020 that Cruz was seen with his family at Nizuc Resort & Spa.

The images prompted a furious backlash, even without all the facts being clear.

The official account of the Texas Democratic Party shared Schuster's tweet, writing: "Texans are dying and you're on a flight to Cancun. #TedCruzRESIGN"

—Texas Democrats (@texasdemocrats) February 18, 2021

Gene Wu, a Democratic Texas state representative, also tweeted criticism of Cruz based on the images, though he did not offer further evidence:

—Gene Wu (@GeneforTexas) February 18, 2021

Sawyer Hackett, a senior advisor for Democrat Julian Castro, the former mayor of San Antonio and the former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, shared some images, writing: "It appears in the middle of the worst energy crisis in the history of Texas, @tedcruz is on his way to Cancun with his family."

—Sawyer Hackett (@SawyerHackett) February 18, 2021

Cruz's Twitter accounts do not give an indication of his location, and are instead retweeting updates about the storm or sharing other political updates.

On Wednesday, around the time he is alleged to have been traveling, Cruz's office released two press releases on his behalf - one attacking New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and another paying tribute to Rush Limbaugh.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Man of the people ? Ha Ha 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Man?  Ha Ha

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

A good time to finish the wall perhaps?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

SMFH

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     3 years ago

Change it from ''Lying Ted'' to ''Disappearing Ted''.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1  Ender  replied to  Kavika @2    3 years ago

I was thinking, piece of shit scumbag that needs to be out of a job.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Ender @2.1    3 years ago

ted and lindsey are the biggest wimps in the senate.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3  Snuffy    3 years ago

um, so?  The Senate is basically in recess right now, they come back to work according to the Senate schedule on Monday afternoon.  If you had the means and were on a short vacation from work, would you head down to warm beaches or stay where there's no power or heat?  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @3    3 years ago

Texas has TWO United States senators. They have a more exalted public position than the other 30,000,000  or so people who are Texans. The fact that the Senate is in recess is all the more reason he should be at his office in Texas offering whatever help he can in the CRISIS, not vacationing on a beach in Mexico. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago

What exactly do you think a U.S. Senator do in his or her own state?

Do U.S. Senators have any power to force the state to do anything at all, or is that left to the state's legislature and governor?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago

What we have here folks, is another irrelevant non story being foisted upon us

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    3 years ago
What exactly do you think a U.S. Senator do in his or her own state? Do U.S. Senators have any power to force the state to do anything at all, or is that left to the state's legislature and governor?

How about being on-site to help coordinate federal aid?  Or just plain showing concern for the Texans that are dying during this Republican made fiasco.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.3    3 years ago
How about being on-site to help coordinate federal aid?

So Cruz can tell the feds how and to whom to disburse funds? And then tell the state how to spend those funds?

Wow, I had absolutely no idea that any U.S. Senator had that power!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.4    3 years ago
So Cruz can tell the feds how and to whom to disburse funds?

Wouldn't Texas officials have a better idea of where the federal aid is needed the most?

Wow, I had absolutely no idea that any U.S. Senator had that power!

So you feel that senators have absolutely no jobs to do in their own state?  What exactly do you think they do in Washington if they are not there representing their states?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.5    3 years ago
Wouldn't Texas officials have a better idea of where the federal aid is needed the most?

Sounds like the job for the Governor and state agencies to me.

So you feel that senators have absolutely no jobs to do in their own state?  What exactly do you think they do in Washington if they are not there representing their states?

Well, see, I realize that Senators represent their states at the federal level. Senators do not run states. Senators don't dictate to states where federal funds go.

I thought everyone knew that.

I am rather surprised people don't know that.

I can just hear Chick Schumer telling New York Governor Cuomo how to disburse federal funds or how to handle Covid!

Or Nancy Pelosi telling Governor Newsome how to disburse federal funds received for fires!

What a hoot!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.6    3 years ago
Sounds like the job for the Governor and state agencies to me.

Because the Governor and state agencies have done such a bang up job leading into this crises?

Well, see, I realize that Senators represent their states at the federal level.

Which is why we are talking about FEDERAL aid.

Senators don't dictate to states where federal funds go.

So despite the fact that Texans are dying, Senators shouldn't be bothered with that.

I can just hear Chick Schumer telling New York Governor Cuomo how to disburse federal funds or how to handle Covid!

Going for another strawman argument, again? 

Unless you want to point out where I said that Cruz should be DIRECTING federal funds...

What a hoot!

Tell me about it!  Every single time you have a losing argument, you respond with STRAWMAN ARGUMENTS.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.7    3 years ago

You are a hoot, but I won't be indulging you today any further.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.1.9  Snuffy  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.7    3 years ago

President Biden has made an emergency declaration for Texas for this.  Senator Cruz, by himself, cannot make any such declarations or allocate any federal monies for Texas.  Senator Cruz is only one voice out of 100 in the Senate and has to work in the confines of his authority.  Senator Cruz cannot tell state officials where to spend monies allocated to them from the federal government.  

So what do you feel Cruz should be doing in this crisis?  I've heard he should be back helping out.  Helping to do what? My son in law mentioned there's no water available and why isn't he using his contacts to help with that.  Not sure what a Senator can do about making bottled water appear on store shelves when trucks and trains are not moving. About the only vehicles moving would be military vehicles, that's the national guard which answers to the governor.  So tell me exactly what Cruz should be doing?  

I understand the desire to rag on Cruz,  he's a Republican who supports Trump and is an easy target. I have to wonder, as large as this storm impact is and how large the area is, how many other federal representatives and senators have gone to warmer climates for the week while they are not in session..

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.8    3 years ago
You are a hoot, but I won't be indulging you today any further.

Yeah, I know.  You hate it when I call out your strawman arguments.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.10    3 years ago

jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Snuffy @3.1.9    3 years ago
Senator Cruz, by himself, cannot make any such declarations or allocate any federal monies for Texas. 

Nobody expects him to.

Senator Cruz cannot tell state officials where to spend monies allocated to them from the federal government.  

Nobody expects him to.

So what do you feel Cruz should be doing in this crisis? 

What do "leaders do?  Oh yeah, LEAD!  Give comfort to those that elected you, to the best of your ability.  Hell, throw them some paper towels!!!

I've heard he should be back helping out.  Helping to do what?

Reassuring Texans that help is on the way.

So tell me exactly what Cruz should be doing?

What do "leaders do?  Oh yeah, LEAD!

I have to wonder, as large as this storm impact is and how large the area is, how many other federal representatives and senators have gone to warmer climates for the week while they are not in session..

Why don't you just look up how many leaders left during crisis's of this magnitude?  Why simply "wonder" unless you are afraid of the answer?

LEADERS LEAD!

TEXAS LEADERS LEAVE!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.12    3 years ago

See, here in Texas, we expect our US Senators to represent us in DC.

We expect our governor to lead the state, along with others elected at state levels of government and appointees.

Maybe in your state they expect something different from their leaders.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.14  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.13    3 years ago

Doing a bang up job...

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.1.15  pat wilson  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.2    3 years ago

Ya, move along, nothing to see here.../s

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @3.1.14    3 years ago
Doing a bang up job...

I suspect you don't live in Texas, so I will take a Texan's words and thoughts about their state over yours any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.17  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago
offering whatever help he can in the CRISIS

For example?

I’m genuinely curious. What do you think a senator should be doing in this situation? Snow has also fallen across much of the rest of the country, but I can’t recall hearing about anyone in the Senate doing something about it.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.18  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.17    3 years ago

Tacos!

It's optics and talking about elitist. His whole state is suffering, and he gets on a plane so he doesn't even have to pretend to suffer along with the people he represents. 

It's pretty obvious to me. 

Also, they might want to take this time to discuss how to avoid this in the future with the gov, don't you think?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.19  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.17    3 years ago

If millions of people in Illinois were without power or water for days because of a storm I would expect Durbin and Duckworth to be on the ground here trying to help, and I have no reason to believe they wouldnt be. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.20  Tacos!  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.18    3 years ago
His whole state is suffering, and he gets on a plane

You make it sound like one thing was a direct result of the other. Considering that his day job has a schedule  that keeps him very busy but is on a break right this minute, and he has a family, don’t you imagine he might have planned this trip a while ago?

Also, they might want to take this time to discuss how to avoid this in the future with the gov, don't you think?

Right now? This week? While the gov is actually still dealing with the crisis? Right this minute would be the best time to sit down to talk about the future? 

No, I don’t think that. I think that would be a terrible idea. What makes you think the governor has time to take for a thing like that?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.21  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.19    3 years ago

I don’t know about power and water, but Governor Pritzker issued a disaster proclamation two days ago. What are the Illinois senators doing about it? My quick glance through the week’s news indicates they are focused on other things.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.22  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.13    3 years ago
See, here in Texas, we expect our US Senators to represent us in DC.

You expect your Senators to represent Texas on Federal matters?  Like FEMA, or FEDERAL assistance during a crisis?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.23  Ozzwald  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.18    3 years ago

Be proactive???  GASP!!!!!

Remember, this happened to Texas 10 years ago, they were told what they needed to do to prevent it from happening again, and chose it ignore all the recommendations.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.24  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.20    3 years ago
Right now? This week? While the gov is actually still dealing with the crisis? Right this minute would be the best time to sit down to talk about the future?

You and others have said they can't do anything, personally, about the current crisis, so yes start figuring out what steps to take to prevent it next time.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.22    3 years ago
You expect your Senators to represent Texas onFederalmatters? 

Yes, Senators commonly represent their states in DC.

LikeFEMA, orFEDERALassistance during a crisis?

Yes, that would be something they would be involved with. Congress routinely funds federal programs like FEMA.

President Biden had already declared Texas a disaster area and federal funds were allocated to Texas.

How the funds are spent in Texas is the concern of FEMA and Texas state officials.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.26  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.20    3 years ago

OK, since we are going to go with make every excuse possible.... let me put it another way....

It's optics and talking about elitist. His whole state is suffering, and he gets on a plane so he doesn't even have to pretend to suffer along with the people he represents. I don't care if he had plans or not. It just looks really bad.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.27  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.20    3 years ago
You make it sound like one thing was a direct result of the other.

Well, he did say he'd granted his daughters' requests to take a trip because school was out.

So, causation - established.  Blame - shifted onto his kids.

What a guy.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.28  Thrawn 31  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.27    3 years ago

Call me crazy but it just seems like when you take on the job of oh, I don’t know, a US Senator, you may occasionally have to say “sorry sweetie, Daddy has to work.” 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.30  sandy-2021492  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.1.28    3 years ago

But when your daughters ask you to do what you already want to do, anyway, like escape a frozen wasteland, you do it, then blame them.  Or you do, if you're Ted Cruz.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.31  Tacos!  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.26    3 years ago
I don't care if he had plans or not.

If you had plane and resort reservations reserved with your own money, you’d care a lot.

It just looks really bad.

I think you have to want for it to look bad. I don’t think it ever occurred to me to worry about what a senator was doing during a weather disaster. They just don’t have a meaningful role. And any role they might have likely would not require their physical presence at the sight of the disaster, while it was happening.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.32  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.31    3 years ago

Except he just admitted he looked bad, Tacos!

Watch the video.

And believe me, I have lost my fair share of money on flights for one reason or another, but always because I had a responsibility I had to deal with, and I am not worth what he is which is $4.4 million

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.33  Tacos!  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.32    3 years ago
he just admitted he looked bad

So, therefore it was bad? I don’t think so. And who knows how he really feels about it?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.34  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.33    3 years ago

He has made apologies and excuses, so we get an idea of how he thinks he looks, which is pretty bad. And it is bad. When the state that you are supposed to be representing is in a mess and you, decide last minute to flee, don't you think that looks bad?

New name, Fled Cruz.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.36  Ozzwald  replied to  dennis smith @3.1.35    3 years ago
Cruz made the arrangements and flew with his children to Cancun and returned to Texas. He did not vacation there.

He booked the return ticket at 6 am the next day, after he was caught leaving.

When he finally addressed the furor earlier Thursday, Cruz said he flew to Cancun to accompany his daughters at their request and was flying back to the U.S. the next day. He initially did not clarify whether he had always intended the trip to last less than 24 hours, saying only that he “wanted to be a good dad” and “drop off” his daughters in Cancun. He later acknowledged that his trip was booked through the weekend.

He took 2 full bags of clothing with him, that he returned with.  Why take a suitcase if you're only staying for a few hours???

ce3ae8c86ab143d99172dddf2678f3d1_md.jpg

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Snuffy @3    3 years ago

If I were a senator and people were freezing to death in my state because our infrastructure had failed so completely I would be working with state officials to see what solutions we could come up with at the state and federal level to address the issues. Or at the very least I would be volunteering at one of the warming shelters. You know, the whole optics thing. Just doesn't look good when the going gets tough and leaders get going.

Of course Cruz has always just been in this thing for the money, so it is not shocking that he feels no sense of responsibility or obligation to the people of Texas. He just wants the paycheck and the book deals. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.2    3 years ago

"Of course Cruz has always just been in this thing for the money, so it is not shocking that he feels no sense of responsibility or obligation to the people of Texas. He just wants the paycheck and the book deals."

That seems to be all republicans/so called conservatives, are in it for, the money

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.2    3 years ago

Of course, you have no idea of what he might be doing behind the scenes

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.2    3 years ago

Yeah,  he had 'urgent business' in Cancun

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.2.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.2    3 years ago

Chilling on a beach in Cancun. And forgive me for assuming it is absolutely nothing, the guy has a long history of never actually bringing anything to the table, just trying to grab headlines with stupid statements.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2.5  Hallux  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.2    3 years ago
you have no idea of what he might be doing behind the scenes

Um ... drinkin' Tequila and modelling his latest speedo.   

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.6  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.2    3 years ago
Or at the very least I would be volunteering at one of the warming shelters

If he did that, he would be shredded in the media for engaging in a political stunt/photo op. They might be able to use another pair of hands, but his “help” would likely cause more disruption than anything else.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.2.7  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.6    3 years ago

But still better than running away to Cancun lol.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.2.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.6    3 years ago

They might be able to use another pair of hands, but his “help” would likely cause more disruption than anything else.

He could always throw rolls of paper towels at them.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    3 years ago
  • Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is under fire after unverified images suggest that he left Texas on Wednesday.
  • Claims circulated on Twitter that he had flown to Cancun. Cruz has yet to comment.
  • Insider was not able to immediately verify the images, which prompted outrage all the same.

So, nothing but rumors and innuendo.

Not one verified fact but it did manage to light some opponents' hair on fire in a flurry of faux poutrage!

Exactly WTF would they have liked to see Cruz do?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @4    3 years ago

Hell if I had the wherewithal to fly to Cancun to escape, I just may have done so myself. Of course I'm not a GovCo Senator but as stated above, the Senate isn't even in session at this point. Perhaps his timing was a little off but I'm not so sure he didn't have this planned due to the schedule.

No biggie............well to some it is.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1    3 years ago

Just another hit piece article because Cruz is a Republican AND from Texas.

It's a big nothing-burger whether he went or not.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.2  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1    3 years ago

Politics + optics = "biggie" ... you know that Jim.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.1    3 years ago
The reports of Cruz’s alleged vacation spread quickly on social media, catapulted by Texans‘ frozen frustration. That after a failure of the state’s electric grid forced millions in the state to go days without sustained power in sub-freezing temperatures. If true, the trip would add even more insult to injury for a battered state dealing with a historic disaster.

That is from the website of one of San Antonio's television stations. I guess someone does care. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    3 years ago
That is from the website of one of San Antonio's television stations. I guess someone does care. 

I didn't say no one cared.

It is obvious some liberals and Democrats have lit themselves on fire over this nothing-burger.

Still not even fucking verified by ANYONE.

Sloppy reporting all around from what I can tell.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Hallux @4.1.2    3 years ago

EufLP__VkAIHkMM?format=jpg&name=medium

NNHTA7UW5BEO5BIYE35JD7CLIM.png

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.4    3 years ago

Eue81uvVIAQat32?format=jpg&name=medium

Here's Ted Cruz twitter page.

See if you can find something on there where he denies he is in Mexico. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.6    3 years ago

Yawn.

You seem awful interested in where Cruz goes.

Why exactly is that, JR?

What is so freaking funny is that many of these same people bitching and whining about Cruz not being IN Texas will be the same ones bitching if he isn't in DC when the Senate returns to work.

Hypocritical morons.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.7    3 years ago

You are comical. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.9  Hallux  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.8    3 years ago

Comical? Try conical instead.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.6    3 years ago
See if you can find something on there where he denies he is in Mexico. 

Checked your link. Can't find one post where he says he is in Mexico.

Looks like a stalemate.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.6    3 years ago

He looks worse in regular clothes. I am going to start calling him a fatass wanna be.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @4.1.11    3 years ago
He looks worse in regular clothes. I am going to start calling him a fatass wanna be.

I suppose THIS is typical of what you consider a "cogent point" to be? Childish insults?

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.13  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.12    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @4.1.13    3 years ago

[Deleted.  Flag.  Don't inflame.]

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @4    3 years ago

You'd think a Canadian could handle a little snow wouldn't you?

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Kavika   replied to  SteevieGee @4.2    3 years ago

Texas has a new flag.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @4.2    3 years ago

Perhaps his Cuban side prefers sunshine.

OMG, lock him up!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @4.2    3 years ago

I would also think that Cruz isn't a Canadian, but then again, I know he isn't one, so there's that.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.2    3 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.4    3 years ago

Ha ha!

You made a funny!

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.2.6  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.3    3 years ago

Even though he was born here, Canadians don't think he's one of them neither.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @4.2.6    3 years ago
Even though he was born here, Canadians don't think he's one of them neither.

All that does is prove that some Canadians are smarter than the idiots here who think Cruz is Canadian!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @4.2.6    3 years ago

Nobody wants to claim slimy little weasel Ted as one of their own!

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.2.9  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.7    3 years ago

Those 'idiots' are mirrored by the idiots who claimed Kamala wasn't an American. Why you went there is beyond rational thinking.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @4.2.9    3 years ago
Those 'idiots' are mirrored by the idiots who claimed Kamala wasn't an American. Why you went there is beyond rational thinking.

Oh, wow, nice deflection.

I suggest you open an article about that.

This one isn't about her in any way, shape or fashion, but I am betting you really already knew that and just couldn't help yourself.

I figured most folks know that she was born in Oakland, California, which makes her a US citizen. When you run across anyone suggesting she isn't a US citizen, please do set them straight!

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2.11  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.10    3 years ago

For someone that doesn't care you seem to have the most posts on this thread.

Not one person here believes any of you all would be this dismissive of any Dem rep that did the same thing.

So save the faux indignation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @4.2.11    3 years ago
For someone that doesn't care you seem to have the most posts on this thread.

Sorry about that, I will leave it all up to you to become enraged over a trip. Seems very productive!

Not one person here believes any of you all would be this dismissive of any Dem rep that did the same thing.

Since I don't need nor seek any validation from the very fine folks here, that simply doesn't matter to me what others think. I don't care what ya'll may guess about.

So save the faux indignation.

You mean the faux indignation of those whining about someone taking a trip?

I can't save them from themselves.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2.13  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.12    3 years ago

We know the mo. Attack Dems for even perceived slights yet ignore and defend the stupidity of those you follow.

Then try to disrupt a seed with as many inane comments as possible.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @4.2.13    3 years ago
We know the mo. Attack Dems for even perceived slights yet ignore and defend the stupidity of those you follow.

You know, you COULD have made a cogent point IF you would have provided some examples of me attacking Democrats--any of them--on this seed.

Since you failed to do so, I consider your comment to be pointless.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2.15  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.14    3 years ago

Every comment you make is pointless.

Pot meet kettle...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.16  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @4.2.15    3 years ago
Every comment you make is pointless. Pot meet kettle...

My, oh my, aren't you getting personal!

jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @4.2.13    3 years ago
"We know the mo. Attack Dems for even perceived slights yet ignore and defend the stupidity of those you follow. Then try to disrupt a seed with as many inane comments as possible."

Well, when that's all you got . . . . . . 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.18  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @4.2.11    3 years ago
"So save the faux indignation."

That's all they got

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Lol would anyone even be remotely surprised if he ran away? He is a coward, that is well established. Honestly though, not that it makes any difference, he is about as useful in Cancun as he is here, which is to say not useful at all. The guy doesn't do anything. He doesn't advance any policy agenda, doesn't introduce any serious legislation, he just gets paid a shitload of taxpayer $s to "own the libs". Too bad "owning the libs" doesn't keep the power on, improve infrastructure, or fix or improve anything at all. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5    3 years ago

What would you suggest that Cruz do to satisfy you?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    3 years ago
What would you suggest that Cruz do to satisfy you?

Put some effort into getting immediate federal aid to help keep Texans from dying?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.1    3 years ago
Put some effort into getting immediate federal aid to help keep Texans from dying?

Maybe you should keep up with the news a little closer.

President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Approves Texas Emergency Declaration | The White House

Or are you trying to say that you don't think the Biden Administration can handle it?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    3 years ago

Or are you trying to say that you don't think the Biden Administration can handle it?

So you are saying that no Texas official should take any part in setting up federal aid? 

Just , "come on in, do what you want, close the door when you're done"....???  No coordination?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.3    3 years ago
So you are saying that no Texas official should take any part in setting up federal aid?

Not at all. Texas officials are taking actions.

Cruz can not as he has no role in determining how the state allocates funds and resources provided by the federal govt.

Nor does Cruz have much say in how the Biden Admin. disburses federal funds.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.1    3 years ago

I guess the concept of leadership by example is lost on our republican friends here on NT....  How about shared sacrifice...?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
5.1.6  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    3 years ago

Looks like both you and Cruz think Biden can handle it.  Way to depend on big government Texas.  Look for more leadership like this from President Cruz after the Texit.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @5.1.6    3 years ago
Looks like both you and Cruz think Biden can handle it. 

Looks like you and others don't think the Biden Admin. can handle it.

Way to depend on big government Texas.

Like every other state in states of emergencies. Meh.

Look for more leadership like this from President Cruz after the Texit.

I won't indulge in fantasies.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.5    3 years ago
I guess the concept of leadership by example is lost on our republican friends here on NT....  How about shared sacrifice...?

Leaders lead.

Texas leaders leave.

Apparently....

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.9  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.7    3 years ago
Like every other state in states of emergencies. Meh.

Every other state did not secede from the federal power grid.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.10  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.7    3 years ago

Remind me exactly how Both Ted Cruz and John Cornyn voted when it its been time to help other states?  Hurricane Sandy ring a bell?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.9    3 years ago
Every other state did not secede from the federal power grid.

So now you want to blame the Democrats who decided to do that?

Weird shit, man!

The state of emergency was for the weather, not for the failures of the grid.

President Joseph R. Biden Approves Emergency Declaration for Texas | FEMA.gov

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.10    3 years ago
Remind me exactly how Both Ted Cruz and John Cornyn voted when it its been time to help other states?  Hurricane Sandy ring a bell?

If you really want to know, look it up.

It has nothing to do with this, however.

Nice attempt at a weak-ass deflection, though!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.11    3 years ago
So now you want to blame the Democrats who decided to do that?

Texan Democrats responsible for state wide power decisions?  LOL!!!!  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.13    3 years ago
Texan Democrats responsible for state wide power decisions?  LOL!!!! 

You know, you could simply Google Texas ERCOT to find out when it was formed, who was in charge of Texas at that time, etc., etc.

But it may require an inquisitive mind and some effort.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.15  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.14    3 years ago
But it may require an inquisitive mind and some effort.

Which you must not have, or else you would have posted some facts.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.15    3 years ago
Which you must not have, or else you would have posted some facts.

And yet, I was able to direct you to what you should look up so you can learn what you don't know anything at all about.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1.17  Thrawn 31  replied to  SteevieGee @5.1.6    3 years ago

Typical GOP leadership for you, something happens and you rely on the Democrats to handle it, all the while bashing them, blaming them, and then taking credit for their efforts. credit

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1.17    3 years ago

So, what have you learned about ERCOT?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.15    3 years ago

Facts, schmacts

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.21  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.12    3 years ago

First it was denial about your savior St. Trump that made you all defensive, and now you are doing the same thing about your shit-bag of a senator Cruz.

Sorry it sucks so much to be from Texas these days dude..... 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.21    3 years ago
First it was denial about your savior St. Trump that made you all defensive, and now you are doing the same thing about your shit-bag of a senator Cruz.

WTF are you going on about now?

Where did I defend Cruz? I simply won't go all in on the hatefest and apparently that doesn't sit well with some. That is too bad.

Sorry it sucks so much to be from Texas these days dude..... 

Millions of Texans would disagree with you there, and I am sure THEY are much better positioned to tell you about Texas than you are to tell us about it.

BTW, I only have one Savior.

It isn't any politician or man or woman.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.23  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.22    3 years ago

Your tap dancing sure seem to be getting better Tex......  Must be from all of the practicing you're getting in.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.1.23    3 years ago

No one was talking about Trump-----except you. Why the damn obsession with him??

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.25  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.16    3 years ago
And yet, I was able to direct you to what you should look up so you can learn what you don't know anything at all about.

Must have missed something, you didn't direct me to shit.  Where is this link you directed me to?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.25    3 years ago
Must have missed something,

Yes, you most definitely did miss something.

you didn't direct me to shit.

Ah, but I most definitely did. You just missed it is all.

Where is this link you directed me to?

It wasn't a link. You are demonstrating that you didn't read very carefully.

Perhaps you should go back and read what you missed.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.27  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.26    3 years ago

Perhaps you should go back and read what you missed.

Perhaps you should just provide a link to show it isn't just in your imagination.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.27    3 years ago
Perhaps you should just provide a link to show it isn't just in your imagination.

It wasn't a link. You are demonstrating that you didn't read very carefully.

Again.

Please read post #5.1.14 and actually take the suggestion.

Here:

You know, you could simply Google Texas ERCOT to find out when it was formed, who was in charge of Texas at that time, etc., etc. But it may require an inquisitive mind and some effort.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.29  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.28    3 years ago
You know, you could simply Google Texas ERCOT to find out when it was formed, who was in charge of Texas at that time, etc., etc. But it may require an inquisitive mind and some effort.

But I am trying to find what you are claiming. 

We now know that you can:

1. Change font size
  2. Change font color
  3. Bold
  4. Underline
  5. Quote

Get back to me when you learn to insert hyperlinks to your referenced material.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.30  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.29    3 years ago

get back to me when you figure out what Google is and how it may be used effectively.

Or not.

I prefer not, actually.

It is too trying explaining every single word in every single post.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.31  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.30    3 years ago
get back to me when you figure out what Google is and how it may be used effectively.

So, once again you got nothing.  Okey dokey.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.34  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.31    3 years ago

Exactly WHAT part of Google it is escaping your understanding?

I have written it at least twice now, and pointed it out to you at least that many times.

Read the posts, then Google it!

It isn't that hard, man!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.35  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.34    3 years ago
Exactly WHAT part of Google it is escaping your understanding?

Apparently you are unable to do it yourself, so ask the question of yourself first.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2  Tessylo  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5    3 years ago
"Of course Cruz has always just been in this thing for the money, so it is not shocking that he feels no sense of responsibility or obligation to the people of Texas. He just wants the paycheck and the book deals."

I guess everyone in Texas freezing, without food or water, unable to even flush their toilets, dying, realize that now, or do they?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @5.2    3 years ago

Like everything else, it's regional.  Houston is bad because the power is off pretty much everywhere.

Center Point Energy is in very bad shape.

AEP is struggling.

In Dallas FT  Worth, Oncor has everything under control, lots of neighborhood outages have been restored

and except for staying home and ice/snow covered streets we are pretty much back to normal but lots of pipes froze during the initial blackouts and failures.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @5.2.1    3 years ago

Ventured out to do some food shopping.

Stopped at two markets.

No bottled waters.  No milk or eggs at either.  No bread at one, the other has it's own bakery.

Hit a great sale on bulk meats for pennies on the pound.

Heading back tomorrow...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  dennis smith @5.2.3    3 years ago

SHOW ME WHERE I SAID EVERYONE IS DYING?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

BW7ZTWN5WZB4BPTOE7H6PHYGZU.PNG

==================================================================================

accuweather.svg

Cancún

81° F 03.svg
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 18

CURRENT WEATHER

11:08 AM

03.svg
81° F
RealFeel® 88°
RealFeel Shade™ 84°
Partly sunny

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6    3 years ago

Jealous much?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  Tessylo    3 years ago

151294657_10159761410791800_493451578043282776_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=3&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=0TOZnHSfd_IAX9A-7E5&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=192191c81f507a5300fa5bab4615ca15&oe=6055DF61

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I just got a text from my sister, who lives in San Antonio

====================================================================

"Saw a picture of Ted Cruz on a flight to Cancun!  

He should be denied re-entry into the country, that Ahole. "

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8    3 years ago
I just got a text from my sister, who lives in San Antonio

====================================================================

"Saw a picture of Ted Cruz on a flight to Cancun!  

He should be denied re-entry into the country, that Ahole. "

Gee, that makes her seem a little unhinged. Does she understand that he is a US citizen and can not be banned from returning (if he even went) because someone simply doesn't like him?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1    3 years ago

lol.   Your pathetic understanding of sarcasm is, uh, not surprising. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.1    3 years ago

I just figured being your sister that she was probably 100% serious.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.2    3 years ago

You are out of your league. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.3    3 years ago
You are out of your league. 

WTF is that supposed to mean?

You know, in plain language.

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1.5  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.4    3 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @8.1.5    3 years ago
Removed for context - sandy

Personal insults now?

SMH

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1.7  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.6    3 years ago

I don't think I have ever seen you make a cognitive point.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @8.1.7    3 years ago
I don't think I have ever seen you make a cognitive point.

I am flattered that you admit you have actually read some of my posts.

Obviously we can disagree on what a cogent point is.

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1.9  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.8    3 years ago

If I ever see one from you I will let you know.

Otherwise, the only things I have seen have been internet trashanese.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @8.1.9    3 years ago
If I ever see one from you I will let you know.

Not necessary. Not sure how you would recognize one anyways.

Otherwise, the only things I have seen have been internet trashanese.

You see only what you choose to see.

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1.11  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.10    3 years ago

I see what everyone reading here sees.

Derp.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @8.1.11    3 years ago
I see what everyone reading here sees.

Ah, but not everyone interprets what they see as you do.

Derp.

Yes, your comment definitely falls into "derp' territory.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  Tessylo    3 years ago

151586002_10224702231244656_8067258932122961410_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=D0902hSoX3MAX-JF3El&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=4bca114327025881d98a091782db48ef&oe=6055A9C7

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Because of the weather my astabula.  He knows he may be facing legal problems due to his role in supporting the take over of the capitol so he ran like a little bitch.  Nice try Ted, but we have an extradition treaty with Mexico.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10    3 years ago

Caught, Cruz will now return to Texas today and presumably plead ignorance. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1    3 years ago
Multiple images show Sen. Ted Cruz flying to Cancun, Mexico, as people in Texas dealt with power outages and very cold ...
th?id=AR_4efc5b36002beed4d9e08a53512d7e9e&pid=news&w=16&h=16&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90
CNBC 39m

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.2  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10    3 years ago

OMG. 

Are you freaking serious?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11  Tacos!    3 years ago

Apparently, he was supposed to stay home and shovel out everyone’s driveway.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
11.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @11    3 years ago

Or at least you know, be in the country while his constituents are suffering. I know expecting him to work with state and federal authorities on a solution to the issues that have been laid bare is a fools dream, but he could at least make an appearance at a warming shelter. you know setting an example, being a leader, that kind of crazy shit.

But nah, Cancun looks like it is really nice this time of year, priorities you see.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
11.2  pat wilson  replied to  Tacos! @11    3 years ago
he was supposed to stay home and shovel out everyone’s driveway.

He could have shoveled SOMEBODY'S driveway FFS. Anything, any kind of leadership would have been a thousand times better than what this asshole did. 

You can't legitimately excuse this. Trying only makes you look foolish.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  pat wilson @11.2    3 years ago

You know Texas (like all states) has two senators. Do you even know the other one’s name? Do you what he has been doing all week? Do you care? I’ll bet the answer to at least two of those questions is “no.” But by golly, this Cruz business is a national emergency!

You can't legitimately excuse this.

It’s worse than that. I don’t care. No one in the history of ever has cared about what a US Senator was doing during a snow storm before today.

As for your other comment, your cheap, personal jabs say more about you than they do about me.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
11.2.2  pat wilson  replied to  Tacos! @11.2.1    3 years ago

cheap ?

Kavika
Professor Principal
13  Kavika     3 years ago

Sen. Ted Cruz calls Mexico trip amid Texas winter crisis and power outages 'a mistake'

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
13.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @13    3 years ago

I'm watching him now!  What a lying sack of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He couldn't even keep the same story at different airports.

*edit*  Also, the NY Times has text messages from Heidi Cruz, who is bragging to her neighbors about the good deal they got when they made their vacay plans.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @13.1    3 years ago

With any luck, perhaps The Fishwrap of Record will place this scathing expose on the front page tomorrow!

devangelical
Professor Principal
13.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @13.1    3 years ago

ha ha ha, thanks kavika ...

he grew a beard so any visitors to his home would know who the man was there...

Professor Guide
13.1.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @13.1.2    3 years ago

Bye-bye, Ted!

devangelical
Professor Principal
13.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @13.1.3    3 years ago

he's pretty much f'n done. too bad he's going to stink up DC for 6 more years. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @13.1    3 years ago

See, the key to lying is DON'T CHANGE YOUR STORY. . . 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
14  sandy-2021492    3 years ago

151972654_10219179696578656_515653989889726629_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=19dDZZQMDT0AX_xRObD&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=d725b7e85d944cc39c0ce4a37a4167fe&oe=60542A85

Kavika
Professor Principal
14.1  Kavika   replied to  sandy-2021492 @14    3 years ago

Ted seems to have a lot of stories. This is the one that may stick to him.

Professor Guide
14.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @14.1    3 years ago

Ha!!!!!!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @14.1    3 years ago
Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina, famously joked during a speech, “If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you.”

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
15  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Donald Trump has weighed in with his best thoughts on the topic.  He wants everyone to know that Ted Cruz' wife is still ugly. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
15.1  pat wilson  replied to  JohnRussell @15    3 years ago

Lol, Ted's no prize either.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
16  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

America would probably be better off if he'd just stay in Cancun.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
16.1  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @16    3 years ago

That's what they're saying in Texas!