╌>

The bad bargain for "normalcy."

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  363 comments

The bad bargain for "normalcy."
"If there's American citizens left, we’re going to stay until we get them all out"

How many people are true moderates or independents?  How many don't pay any attention to politics until election time?  I think the center is a lot bigger than people think.  Kevin Madden, who once was Mitt Romney's senior advisor used to refer to them as “the pragmatic middle.”  In a nation divided, their vote is often the decisive one.

In 2020 the nation was bedeviled by a deadly pandemic. The CDC was totally unprepared and there was no vaccine. The leading "expert" called for an open ended shutdown of a thriving economy. The msm blamed Trump from the get go. The suffering public was bombarded with Trump quotes & tweets via a media dedicated to his removal. Social media censored a story that might hurt Biden. Election laws were changed in battleground states in order to benefit Biden & democrats. 

Many in the middle voted for what they thought was "normalcy."  They were deceived and I'm sure that many of them know it now. What they got in return for their vote was a radical agenda that Barack Obama and Bill Ayers could only dream of. The borders are wide open and we are taking in as many refugees as possible. Inflation is soaring as democrats with little mandate are spending wildly. Radical indoctrination is being prescribed for our young children and the military. Crime is soaring as many big city police departments have been emasculated and defunded. Workers have received generous benefits which have discouraged a return to work. Last but not least was the humiliating debacle in Afghanistan, the full consequences of which are yet to be felt.

Recent polls show that Biden's approval rating is dropping like a rock and at least 20% of those who voted for him now regret it.

How could so many have been fooled by a candidate who needed to be hidden away during the campaign?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

The pragmatic middle?

I don't think so.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

I find the whole premise of your article and your opening comment insulting Vic. I don't appreciate that, nor is it a way to start a good discussion. Sorry, but I just had to say that.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  CB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1    3 years ago

It is even worse than that. This is partisan chicanery. It is disinformation and it is happening in plain sight of NT. These people are sold out to telling untruths and getting their way with a one-sided perspective. A story about perspectives:

One evening I was watering my flowers next to the front picture window and doing so from my usual 'spot' on the driveway. Something odd occurred this time. As I watered those higher end plants I noticed a strange flow of water being projected on the windows behind them. It took me several re-passes with the water to "orient" on what the heck I was seeing that had to be me causing it.

I figured it out. The window glass was casting a different perspective on my activity of spraying that day. That is, it was bending the 'stream' away from me such that I did not recognize my own water 'reflection.'

I came to realize at that moment, that is what conservatives and republicans are doing in real-time and on social media. That is, they are hard at it bending reality to their narrow perspective. I was 'manning' the stream's flow. I was holding the hose. I was guiding the spray. But the window was found to be 'broadcasting' its own take on what was happening.

We have to watch and call out disinformation. It is a dangerous tool in the hands of unworthy opponents. Be on guard. Don't let a 'wild' perspective throw off the 'watering' this nation and its citizens justly deserve!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1    3 years ago

Understood

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

"Recent polls ..."

... are hammers in search of a nail, meaningless talking points at best.

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.1  CB  replied to  Hallux @1.2    3 years ago

Emphatically.

I watched a (liberal) cable news shows anchor get reined in over her chattering about polls showing Biden first time in the 40's this weekend and I wanted to scream at her insistence of repeating something she had asked prior with another guest. What was interesting and delightful is just what you illustrated in your comment. Her 'now' guest just cooly  and matter-of-factly pointed out to her that she was quoting one poll, "a snapshot in one window of time" and whether she meant to or not letting hyperbole blow it out of proportions. I am paraphrasing. (He was more articulate that I am being here.)

The guest soberly pointed out that the good news is there is a whole end-year 'cycle' of news yet to be invented, and another year for "great things" to sweep away all the bad moments up to now.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago
"In 2020 the nation was bedeviled by a deadly pandemic. The CDC was totally unprepared and there was no vaccine."

Just wondering if you can figure out why there was no vaccine.  One might think that if a virus just happened that a vaccine does not fall out of the sky like the Coca Cola bottle did in the movie The Gods Must Be Crazy.  Normally it takes YEARS to create a vaccine, and it's miraculous that vaccines were created as fast as they were.  So what kind of comment is "and there was no vaccine"?  What are you trying to say?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3    3 years ago
Normally it takes YEARS to create a vaccine,

But Donald Trump got it done in 10 months.

Now tell us why there was a covid pandemic?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.1    3 years ago

Donald Trump did it?  I thought the virologists and other scientists did it.

Why was there a covid pandemic?  Because viruses happen once in a while and sometimes they become pandemics.  This was not the first time and it certainly isn't going to be the last. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.2    3 years ago
Donald Trump did it?  I thought the virologists and other scientists did it.

Oh they did, with a lot of inducement from Trump and don't forget all the red tape Trump cut. If we had waited for the FDA, full approval arrived only recently. We would have been waiting for the vaccine right up until last month like Dr Fauci thought when he tried to contradict Trump.

Why was there a covid pandemic?  Because viruses happen once in a while and sometimes they become pandemics.  This was not the first time and it certainly isn't going to be the last. 

That may have been why there was an outbreak in China, but for the rest of us it was because the CCP tried to contain it at home while letting it flow out to the rest of the world.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.3    3 years ago

Well, maybe the CPC didn't do as wonderful a job as Trump did in managing and containing the virus.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.4    3 years ago

Gee, who would compare the two?

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.6  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.2    3 years ago
I thought the virologists and other scientists did it.

The virologists had been working on MRNA theory for at least a decade or so. It is just like old "one-way" Vic to try to give Trump more than his backside can cope. For authorizing the research project and funding it- I thank President Donald Trump; for being the jerk that he proved out to be to stand in the way of being utilizing it to get effectively better and whole I condemn him. Condemnation over-ride!

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.7  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.5    3 years ago

Donald Trump will not get credit for 'creating' anything. He simply assented to the project, took the risk, and it paid off handsomely for us all. However, come election time his backside got creamed out of office, because of foolish, irresponsible, character flaws like not realizing that a politician's job is not to stir up trouble between groups of citizens and getting fellow citizens injured, maimed, and killed by practicing a dangerous mocking of a racial group: "China virus." "Kong flu."

Trump's ignorance of a significant protocol for saving lives by not designating diseases as a people class; added onto the pile of dong that he carried on his back his entire presidency. And, the majority of voters wanted that disgraced man GONE!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.3.7    3 years ago

You need only worry about what Joe Biden get's credit for and the list is growing:

The Afghanistan debacle

Open borders

Rising inflation

Rising crime

Indoctrination

Let me know if you have further questions

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.9  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.8    3 years ago

I'll let you worry about the list that surely you will build and will never be surmounted by any democratic party leader. Partisan as hell. Anyway, I gave President Trump "props" for ad-min-i-strat-ing the research funding needed to help us all progress through a pandemic. I can not ignore the grandstanding White House COVID-19 briefings that fell off and got squashed because President Trump was hurt that people got him in a "boo-boo" over bleaching the lungs or some such thing.

On the other hand, you simply choose to be a negative Ned and throw up select bullet points, which do nothing for your standing, because people can read, see, and understand for themselves that Joe Biden is not all negative - despite some conservatives intransigence.

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.10  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.8    3 years ago

And one more thing: If the only way to keep inflation low is to keep people shackled to poverty wages and no aid, then bring it on. Clearly, it is time we get through to the other side of poverty, that is, by travel onward to prosperity and dealing with inflation through price controls.

Rising crime: If the only way to keep crime low is to arrest more people of color and black Americans as the face of crime, then clealy you should support the proceeding which are scheduled to study the Capitol crime of 1/6/2021 in Washington, D.C. by fake 'patriots' - or, will you assent to the protest on September 18, 2021 in 'D.C.' which advocates freedom for what some conservatives are calling "political prisoners"?

Open borders: Are you for or against Afghans which are landing in the U.S.A right now?

Indoctrination. Well, that is just a dumb-ass some conservative  'nothing-burger.'

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.3.9    3 years ago
you simply choose to be a negative Ned

Right now things are fairly negative for Biden & the democrats. My role is to inform our readers and save this country.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.3.10    3 years ago
If the only way to keep inflation low is to keep people shackled to poverty wages and no aid, then bring it on.

The way to keep inflation low is to preseve the value of the dollar. The very opposite of printing up money.

If the only way to keep crime low is to arrest more people of color and black Americans as the face of crime, then clealy you should support the proceeding which are scheduled to study the Capitol crime of 1/6/2021 in Washington, D.C. by fake 'patriots' - or, will you assent to the protest on September 18, 2021 in 'D.C.' which advocates freedom for what some conservatives are calling "political prisoners"?

I'm sorry, none of that makes any sense to me.

Open borders: Are you for or against Afghans which are landing in the U.S.A right now?

The southern border is open. Allowing Afghans refugee status is completely different issue. I would only admit vigorously vetted Afghans, who actually helped the US military.

Indoctrination. Well, that is just a dumb-ass some conservative  'nothing-burger.'

A lot of time and effort has been exerted by our leftist members on that "nothing-burger."

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.13  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.11    3 years ago

Yes, right now, is it? Your role is to be a harbinger of republican policies, eh? Well, do you need truth to be so or will any run of the mill let of half-truths and propped up statements do? Tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you whatever God you do or do not serve.

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.14  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.12    3 years ago
The way to keep inflation low is to preseve the value of the dollar. The very opposite of printing up money.

And what good is keeping the value of money up if the people perish in 'paradise'? I know,  some (conservatives) buy gold and hoard 'bills' in order to compete against the poor who all their lives have little to nothing, but must contend with those who have more than they need and, in some cases, could come by justly. Want better outcomes for the U.S.A? Bring the money home from overseas and pay people just wages and cease this infinite war on the worker!

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.15  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.12    3 years ago
 If the only way to keep crime low is to arrest more people of color and black Americans as the face of crime, then clealy you should support the proceeding which are scheduled to study the Capitol crime of 1/6/2021 in Washington, D.C. by fake 'patriots' - or, will you assent to the protest on September 18, 2021 in 'D.C.' which advocates freedom for what some conservatives are calling "political prisoners"?
I'm sorry, none of that makes any sense to me.

Then don't let it make sense, Vic. Funny how you have time to let every 'thang' else negative about democrats and Joe Biden make sense to you. Some conservatives have got deformed 'sense-makers' or something?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.3.14    3 years ago

Wha?

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.17  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.12    3 years ago
I would only admit vigorously vetted Afghans, who actually helped the US military.

What is a "vigorously vetted" Afghan that has landed here already, Vic? It takes years to my understanding to be properly vetted, likewise at the southern border.  How about 'dreamers' are they vetted enough for some conservatives to petition they become citizens of the only country they have ever called, "home"?

No, you are clear you want what YOU want and a sense of fairness be damned!!

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.18  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.12    3 years ago
A lot of time and effort has been exerted by our leftist members on that "nothing-burger."

Still, a nothing burger is a zero no matter the crowded circumstances that prop it up!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3  TᵢG    3 years ago
How many people are true moderates or independents?

-and-

Vic @1 ☞ The pragmatic middle?

You speak of moderates and independents as if they are equivalent.    That is not true.   Moderates refer to individuals who try to stay in the middle between the extremes.   That is not how an independent operates.   Independents are individuals who make up their own positions based on the facts.   That is, they do not adopt a position simply because their party deems it correct.   Further, there are independents who align with a particular party.  These are people who find that their own personally conceived positions tend to align with their party.  

How could so many have been fooled by a candidate who needed to be hidden away during the campaign?

Personally, Biden has not surprised me.    He has disappointed me but, then again, my reality is not clouded with thick partisan lenses so I do not take every negative to the uber-extreme.

Biden was elected (IMO) because he was the only option other than Trump.   That is how bad Trump was.   In spite of having a fortunate presidency (great economy) and catering to the wishes of his base (policy wise), Trump managed to fuck up his chances for reelection because of his abysmal lack of character and his narcissism.   If Trump had done the right thing from the start (face the pandemic rather than try to talk it away) he likely would have been reelected on momentum (in spite of his personal flaws).

The liberal agenda is a function of the electorate in the USA doing what it does:  it shifts from D to R and back again.   It does not matter who is the D PotUS.   If the Ds have control like they have right now, the policies will shape themselves.   This is not driven by Biden, this is the D machinery with power.   However, if you do not like Biden, just imagine the open floodgates if a president Harris were to happen with D control of Congress.   I suggest you root for Biden until 2024.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1  Sunshine  replied to  TᵢG @3    3 years ago

I don’t see how Harris could be worse at this point.  What policies is Biden blocking that Harris would move forward with?  The party has already moved far left with Biden.  

Like you said this is a D machinery and Biden is riding along.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Sunshine @3.1    3 years ago
I don’t see how Harris could be worse at this point.  What policies is Biden blocking that Harris would move forward with?  The party has already moved far left with Biden.  

Well, Biden is not pushing the agenda.   Biden is allowing it  (one of my disappointments ... I had hoped he would be more moderate).   Harris, however, would absolutely NOT be moderate and would without question push a heavily liberal agenda.

Now, consider what I just offered and tell me that you would not be concerned if Biden died tomorrow.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Sunshine  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.1    3 years ago

She would more than likely have the same team behind her so I see no difference.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.2    3 years ago

I suspect you will stubbornly stick with that no matter what anyone offers.   Note that you are claiming you see no difference between Biden and Harris.   That is either naivete or cynicism.   Either way, you are clearly wrong here.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  Sunshine  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.3    3 years ago

Seems you are the one stuck to me.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.4    3 years ago

Pee Wee Herman.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Sunshine  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.5    3 years ago

Well he would be better than Biden or Harris.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.7  CB  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.6    3 years ago

Is Pee-Wee even in office somewheres or dreaming of running for the office?

CB
Professor Principal
3.2  CB  replied to  TᵢG @3    3 years ago
Trump managed to fuck up his chances for reelection because of his abysmal lack of character and his narcissism.

Emphatically.

A leader who is respectful of others and displays humbleness goes a long way with me. Also, one must stand for the good of humanity as a whole. How many times a day has any one of us told children to model good behaviors seen in other people: To not lie, cheat, or grasp onto and refuse to let go of what belongs to others from them?

But the children watch Donald J. Trump have a large following that roots for cutting society at its core and they call those adults, "phonies."

One thing I am not is a phony. I am what I am. Phony, ain't it. Donald J. Trump would not work for the good of humanity and that struck him out with me each and every time he mouthed or modeled the evil fool!

I listened time and time again to Trump's speeches with a open heart only to have him insult my intelligence with his rhetoric and actions. I could see the man was lacking in true humility from the start and lying about facts where attrition was called for only prove his malicious and felonious intent.

A  tryant-in-waiting disgusts me. Therefore, Donald J. Trump and his co-horts disgust me on a deep level.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3    3 years ago
my reality is not clouded with thick partisan lenses

I disagree

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.3.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3    3 years ago

Explain then.   Show me where my reality is distorted by partisanship.   Be specific.   Be clear.   Don't hide behind a smoke screen of vagueness.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3.3.1    3 years ago
Biden was elected (IMO) because he was the only option other than Trump.   That is how bad Trump was. 

Post 3  Biden was elected (IMO) because he was the only option other than Trump.   That is how bad Trump was. 

What Trump did:

1. Executive order enacted Jan. 1, 2021 requiring hospitals to provide medical prices to patients upfront so they can shop around.

2. Reversing the ascent of the Islamic extremist terrorist group ISIS.

3. “Most Favored Nation” executive order so that the U.S. (through Medicare) would pay no more for a drug than what’s offered to foreign countries, saving the U.S. an estimated “$85 billion in savings over seven years and $30 billion in out-of-pocket costs.”

4. Moving the U.S. embassy in Israel to the capital of Jerusalem.

5. Building more than 450 miles of new and replacement border wall.

6. Leading U.S. to a level of energy independence (exporting more oil than importing for the first time in 70 years), allowing international policy decisions to be made with less regard to how an oil nation we once relied on would respond.

7. No new wars.

8. Drastic reduction in regulations, opening the door for entrepreneurs and businesses to succeed, expand, and hire more people. According to the Trump administration, they promised to eliminate two regulations for every new one, but actually wound up eliminating 8 old regulations for every 1 new regulation adopted, equating into an extra $3,100 a year for the average American household.

9. Expanding Republican reach among African Americans and other constituents who traditionally lean Democrat.  

10. Cutting taxes in an initiative that benefitted every tax bracket.

11. Doubled the child tax credit.

12. Operation Warp Speed: accelerated development of coronavirus vaccines.

13. Eliminated the Obamacare penalty.

14. A series of trade agreements and changes seen as beneficial to Americans, including replacing NAFTA with USMCA.

15. Instead of 2-for-1, we eliminated 8 old regulations for every 1 new regulation adopted.

16. Provided the average American household an extra $3,100 every year.

17. Started the Space Force.

18. Instituted “Right to Try,” allowing terminally ill patients to use potentially lifesaving, unproven treatments.

19. Prioritized and made permanent funding for historically black colleges.

20. Brokered peace deals or normalization agreements between Israel and five Muslim and Arab-Muslim countries.

21. Banned the teaching of “Critical Race Theory” in the federal government.

22. Withdrew from Iran nuclear deal.

23. Withdrew from the Paris Climate Accord.

24. Instituted a Buy American policy within federal agencies.

25. Achieved a $400 billion increase in contributions by NATO allies by 2024 with the number of members meeting their minimum obligations doubling.

You are either in favor of that or you don't care about America.  It's that simple.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.3.3  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.2    3 years ago

So you presume that because I am critical of Trump's character (and associated actions) that I am against all of his policies.

That, Vic, is fucked up.   Your level of presumption is outrageous.   It suggests that you truly cannot see beyond a binary 'us' vs. 'them' to recognize that there are many individuals who will sometimes agree with D positions, sometimes agree with R positions and often times hold positions that do not come from either partisan extreme.

Next time wait for an individual to state a position before presuming they hold that position.

Note:  you did not provide quotes from me.  That should have been your first clue that you crossed the line.

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.4  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.2    3 years ago

For a a good work, and not all of those listed, are good in my opinion, I do not criticize Donald Trump's leadership. But, as you can surely tell by now, leadership is more than the sum of its policies - good, bad, indifferent.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.3.5  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.2    3 years ago
10. Cutting taxes in an initiative that benefitted every tax bracket.

Which caused an increase in the debt by 7.9 TRILLION in under 4 years. 

Most of your list is very VERY misleading. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.2    3 years ago
You are either in favor of that or you don't care about America.  It's that simple.

I have a thought.  [Deleted]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3.3.7  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.6    3 years ago

200w.gif?cid=ecf05e472i21tw24h5uifgmbrikllf9ib58zowqdwh4uphzj&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @3.3.5    3 years ago
Which caused an increase in the debt by 7.9 TRILLION in under 4 years.

There were two reasons for that. Remember what they were?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.3.9  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.8    3 years ago

There were two reasons for that. Remember what they were?

Well, can't be the economy, he was handed a growing, solid economy. He decreased income from the 1%er's and increased spending. In any household, in any family, that's a no-no. It never works. I am sure you have some alternate theory that blames everyone but trump, but at the end of the day, (as you would no doubt remind us), the buck stops with the guy at the top, and the tax cuts were his idea. 

The corporate tax rate dropped from 35% to 21%, that's a huge tax cut for big business and the wealthy, not the middle class. It was yet another attempt at trickle down which has failed over and over and over and over again. The cuts the middle class did see were so small, most didn't even notice them. 

Again, you cannot increase spending and decrease income and expect to pay off the debt in 6 years as trump said he would. He did the exact opposite and added just shy of 8 Trillion. I recall the right wing screaming that President Obama added 8 trillion over 8 years after he was handed a collapsed economy. But trump adds 8 in 4 years after he is handed and stable and growing economy? There is no justification for that at all. NONE. I won't even get into the deficit, which exploded under trumps failed presidency. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.10  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @3.3.9    3 years ago

Sorry Frosty.   That's just not a thorough analysis.

The National Debt went up about 95% in the Obama years.   Driven mainly by Bank Bailouts, Quantitative easing and the American Recovery Reinvestment Act in 2009 and 2010.

The National Debt under Trump went up about 40% and was drive almost exclusively by the Pandemic only.   Prior to 2020 it had gone up only about 15% in three plus years.   Regardless, a much lower rate of increase than Obama had.

One cab debate the cause and effect of all that but one can't debate those facts.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.3.11  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.10    3 years ago

Percentage isn't a great way of measuring the debt. For example. Under Reagan the debt increase by almost 300%, but he didn't come anywhere close to spending 8 or even 4 trillion dollars. Either way, trump added as much to the debt in 4 years as Obama did in 8 and he had ZERO justification to do so. That's the point. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.12  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @3.3.11    3 years ago

Lol .... zero justification?   COVID-19 was zero justification?  

Sorry, just can't take that comment serious.   Especially had COVID-19 not happened, we would be looking at a much different picture.   MUCH different.

As noted, the Pandemic was almost the ONLY cause of Trumps debt increase.   That much is clear as gin.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.3.13  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.12    3 years ago
COVID-19 was zero justification?  

That didn't even make the radar until what, a year before trump left office? And why did he do nothing about it? Again, it's on him, not covid. 

The testing nightmare, the lies, the golfing, the rallies, the lack of action, the downplaying it, etc etc etc... 

"It's just the flu"? Remember all that shit? 

512 512

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.14  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @3.3.13    3 years ago
Again, it's on him, not covid

All on Trump?   Bullshit, there is plenty of blame to go around and most of it is firmly on China's shoulders but too many folks here in the US are to TDS afflicted to admit it.   Had the Chinese been more forthcoming, the reaction would have been totally different.   Remember this:

Jan 6th

Redfield offers help to China of an unknown virus, help is refused for weeks, depriving our CDC of critical time to study the problem and come up with appropriate responses

Jan 14th

China sticks to the script that there is no human to human contact.   Us officials treat this claim with skepticism when the first case outside of Chine is found in Thailand

Jan 18th

Trump was first briefed in detail by his health officials about this virus

Jan 21st

A Seattle man who just traveled from Wuhan tested positive for a Corona virus.   Chinese continue to push the no human to human transmission script.

Jan 22nd

Trump is asked a question about Corona virus at a presser and stated that things will be just fine, without having basically any good information at all.

Jan 23rd

China shuts down Wuhan and was still refusing to share ANY information

Jan 29th

The US Corona Virus task force is formed.   China still refuses access to any of their data and shuts down the entire Province Wuhan is in.

Jan 31st

The Trump admin bars any non US citizen from entering the US if they had been in Wuhan the previous two weeks but it was too late.   The virus was already spreading uncontrollably throughout the US and world.

So you blame only Trump and i blame mainly China for not being forthcoming at the beginning.   I'll tell you what is 100% on Trump though.  

All the Vaccines being put into people arms that Biden is taking credit for.

Joe always has been more than a little shameless in that regard.

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.15  CB  replied to  MrFrost @3.3.13    3 years ago

It's always SUNNY AND HIGH NOON in Trumpland!

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.16  CB  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.12    3 years ago

There is always SOMETHING that happens on a presidential WATCH. Once again, SARS-Covid 2 is a routine reminder to all that come; best prepare well. When the big sliding doors of presidential fate begin to grind close. . . get everybody to safety or feel that pinch!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.3.17  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.14    3 years ago

So it was China's fault that trump golfed and lied his way through the pandemic? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.3.18  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MrFrost @3.3.17    3 years ago

Sparty On forgot to mention a few items: 

July 2019 :   The Trump administration eliminates an American public health position designed to detect disease outbreaks in China. 

Late November-December 2019 : U.S. intelligence agencies warn of a “cataclysmic” and “out-of-control” disease in Wuhan, China. 

January 3, 2020 : Chinese colleagues alert the CDC Director about the virus, and he alerts Secretary Azar. 

January 9, 2020 : China publicly identifies new “pneumonia-like” virus. 

Chinese researchers publicly   identify   the pneumonia-like virus as a novel  coronavirus that is the cause of the pneumonia-like outbreak in Wuhan.

The same day : WHO issues guidance for other countries to detect and respond to the novel coronavirus. 

January 11: Chinese scientists publicly   release   the   genetic sequence   of COVID-19.

Around the third week of January : U.S. diplomats in Wuhan   return   to the United States on chartered planes.

AND MOST IMPORTANT....

January 18, 2020 : Alex Azar tries to speak to President Trump about the outbreak for the first time. President Trump ignores the warning. 

AND

President Trump admits in his own words as recorded on tape by Bob Woodward, that he intentionally delayed dealing with the virus because he didn't want people to panic. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.3.19  MrFrost  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.3.18    3 years ago

President Trump admits in his own words as recorded on tape by Bob Woodward, that he intentionally delayed dealing with the virus because he didn't want people to panic. 

Indeed, they do seem to forget that.. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.3.20  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.12    3 years ago
Especially had COVID-19 not happened, we would be looking at a much different picture. 

On this we agree.

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.21  CB  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.12    3 years ago

Big "if." Presidential 'watches' always come gift wrapped with happenings.'

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.22  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @3.3.17    3 years ago

Your TDS is showing again Frosty.

The pass China is getting on this topic from the left is egregious.   Extremely so.

Meanwhile the triggered continue their five plus year bitch about Trump ..... SOSDD

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.23  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @3.3.19    3 years ago

Interesting interpretation of what he said but considering the hate you hold in your heart towards Trump, not unexpected really.   Meanwhile the Chinese political information officers continue to spoon feed the willing their preferred narrative and many on the left are eating that shit with a spoon if it sheds a bad light on Trump.

China gets a pass and it's all Trumps fault .... got it. /S

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.24  CB  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.23    3 years ago

Your efforts at psychological warfare online are exposed. The issue here is that you can't criticize Donald J. Trump as a former president any more frequently than you did as sitting president. Donald and that "Kung fu grip" on his supporters is infamous. it makes your statements on this subject objectionable.

Perhaps, we can send you 'air cover' and a team of extractors. . . just indicate assent. . . if you can. .  .  .

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.25  Sparty On  replied to  CB @3.3.24    3 years ago

Yawn ........ smoke another doobie, eat another hot pocket .... there, isn't that better?

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.26  CB  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.25    3 years ago

Trump-whipped. Wow. How can that be a thing?!  I can't prove it. . . but I know its true!  Thank you for deploying code word, "better."  Help is underway. . . .

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.27  Sparty On  replied to  CB @3.3.26    3 years ago

Hillary beat by Trump, how can this be?   Watch out hotel room ... Hillary is pissed, watch out flat screen TV, watch out Bubba .... here comes a cankle drop kick.

Will liberals every recover .... doubtful from empirical evidence..... TDS still bad .....it's BAD!   How true .... how true!

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.28  CB  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.27    3 years ago

"Trump-whipped" Extreme. Lordy! Those Trump loyalty protocols are active and dangerous 'cob-webs.' We need to get help in right away. You won't be forced to type anymore after this. . . .  Freedom Progress is underway. Keep eyes open.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.29  Sparty On  replied to  CB @3.3.28    3 years ago

Watch out, watch out!   Yeah it is coming, it's just not what you think it is.   So pucker up snowflakes ..... 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.30  Sparty On  replied to  CB @3.3.28    3 years ago

Oh and .... Rutabaga ...... muleskinner ....... arrrrrrrgggh ..... time to make the dounts .... woot!

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.31  CB  replied to  Sparty On @3.3.30    3 years ago
Your efforts at psychological warfare online are exposed. The issue here is that you can't criticize Donald J. Trump as a former president any more frequently than you did as sitting president. Donald and that "Kung fu grip" on his supporters is infamous. it makes your statements on this subject objectionable.

What's to fear? Donald J. Trump is just another old man like other old men, you love to launch craved attacks against, who puts his pants on one leg at at time. Or, DOES he?!!!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.4  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @3    3 years ago
TiG wrote: "Biden was elected (IMO) because he was the only option other than Trump."

And not because the voters were particularly fond of Biden and his agenda.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.4.2  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @3.4    3 years ago

Yes, it was obvious from the primaries and from earlier runs that Biden was far from the dream candidate of the D party.   IMO he became the nominee largely because he was the one who emerged with momentum and thus caused the D party to see him as the best chance to defeat Trump.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago
"The CDC was totally unprepared and there was no vaccine."

And do you dare to mention the name of the POTUS who DISBANDED the American agency that was created to be prepared to deal with pandemics?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    3 years ago

"How could so many have been fooled by a candidate who needed to be hidden away during the campaign?"

Fortunately for America, more than those who were fooled by a candidate who openly dug himself into a hole he couldn't escape from. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1    3 years ago

We are paying the Biden/Harris being elected every damn day. They are the toxic gift that keeps on giving that a growing majority don't want; but can't return.

But Orange man bad, we have heard it all before.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1.1    3 years ago

[Deleted]

It's no worse now than it ever was since 1865 or 1945

Chill dude.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.2  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    3 years ago

Not that lie again. Common, come up with something original that can't be so quickly disproven.

In May 2018, former national security adviser John Bolton restructured Trump's National Security Council and disbanded the global health unit. Its former head, Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer, resigned from the administration and was not replaced.

Tim Morrison, a former senior director for counterproliferation and biodefense on the NSC, wrote in an op-ed for The Washington Post  that he "inherited a strong and skilled staff in the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate" when he joined in July 2018.

"This team of national experts together drafted the National Biodefense Strategy of 2018 and an accompanying national security presidential memorandum to implement it; an executive order to modernize influenza vaccines; and coordinated the United States’ response to the Ebola epidemic in Congo, which was ultimately defeated in 2020," he wrote.

He also said that the reorganization of the NSC was necessary after the "bloat that occurred" under Obama, when the staff quadrupled to nearly 400 – a figure that even members of the Obama administration agreed was too large.

Though the unit was disbanded, not all members of the team left. Some moved to other units in the NSC, like those focused on weapons of mass destruction and international organizations, per  The Washington Post.

At the time of the disbanding, National Security Council spokesman Robert Palladino told the Post the Trump administration "remains committed to global health, global health security and biodefense, and will continue to address these issues with the same resolve under the new structure.”

After the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic in mid-March, the decision to disband the global health unit received fresh scrutiny. Bolton defended the restructuring on Twitter.

"Claims that streamlining NSC structures impaired our nation's bio defense are false," he wrote on March 13. "Global health remained a top NSC priority, and its expert team was critical to effectively handling the 2018-19 Africa Ebola crisis."

Bolton attributed the attack to partisan politics.

"The angry Left just can't stop attacking, even in a crisis," he wrote.

Even critics of the choice to disband the unit – like Beth Cameron, its head under Obama – noted that not all pandemic preparedness personnel left the administration.

"It’s impossible to assess the full impact of the 2018 decision to disband the White House office responsible for this work," she wrote in  an op-ed for The Washington Post  in March. "Biological experts do remain in the White House and in our government."

Our rating: Partly false

Based on our research, the claim that President Trump fired the "entire" pandemic response team is PARTLY FALSE. The Directorate of Global Health Security and Biodefense was disbanded under Trump's then-national security adviser John Bolton. But Trump didn't fire its members. Some resigned, and others moved to different units on the National Security Council.

That is from USA Today. With a Democrat President it would have been given a Completely False rating

IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT

• “Fired” may be a little strong, but in 2018, top national security officials handling pandemics left abruptly and were not replaced by the Trump administration.

• As for funding, there’s no question that the Trump administration sought to cut key CDC budget categories. But thanks to Congress, that funding was restored and even increased in bills that Trump ultimately signed.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @7.2    3 years ago

partly False based on semantics,  congratulations, John Bolton did it.

And everyone knows DJT always allows his lapdogs to do as they please with no oversight?

Do you have any water front property in AZ that you want to sell?

I could be in the market/s

Thomas
Senior Guide
8  Thomas    3 years ago
Many in the middle voted for what they thought was "normalcy." 

I would say the statement may be partially true, but what portion of "Normalcy" were they voting for? It is my contention that the normalcy the voters were voting for was the "Not Donald Trump" type instead of the "No Coronavirus" type that you seem to be forever conflating.