╌>

A Poll Is Posted For Predictions As To The Midterms Results. The Poll Is Not Locked, The Link To It Is Here.

Category:  Other

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  2 years ago  •  56 comments

By:   Buzz of the Orient

A Poll Is Posted For Predictions As To The Midterms Results. The Poll Is Not Locked, The Link To It Is Here.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

THE POLL IS NOT LOCKED, THE LINK TO IT IS HERE.  THIS ARTICLE JUST GUIDES YOU TO THE POLL...........

Because there is such a variance in opinions as to what the results of the November Midterm Elections might be, I have posted a poll for NT members to vote for their prediction.  There are 4 choices - Democrats take both House and Senate, Republicans take both House and Senate, Democrats take House and Republicans take Senate, Republicans take House and Democrats take Senate.

Go to the poll to cast your vote - you can vote for only one of the four choices.

To open the poll, lick on the "SEEDED CONTENT" link, or else this link -> https://thenewstalkers.com/buzz-of-the-orient/poll/59/poll-prediction-of-november-midterm-elections-results#cm1824293

This article is just to guide you to the poll and is locked, but the poll is not locked and comments can be made on the comment wall at the poll.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Click this link to go to the poll ->

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Since this signpost to guide members to the poll got wiped off the Front (Home) Page by membership-beloved political rant articles very quickly I don't expect many more participants.  Maybe I should have made this a blog. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Here are the results at this point in time:

Democrats win majority in both House and Senate   0
Republicans win majority in both House and Senate   6
Democrats win majority in House and Republicans win majority in Senate 0
Republicans win majority in House and Democrats win majority in Senate 4

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Today's update:

Democrats win majority in both House and Senate: 0
Republicans win majority in both House and Senate: 9
Democrats win majority in House and Republicans win majority in Senate: 0
Republicans win majority in House and Democrats win majority in Senate: 4

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

And another day goes by - poll update:

Democrats win majority in both House and Senate: 1
Republicans win majority in both House and Senate: 10
Democrats win majority in House and Republicans win majority in Senate: 1

If NT is a microcosm that could indicate the expectations of America's voters, I'd say things are looking pretty good for the Republicans.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    2 years ago
I'd say things are looking pretty good for the Republicans.

I kind of had a hunch on that.

I think the next Poll should be on how many think Biden will be the DNC presidential nominee in 2024?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 years ago

Well, it might ask the question as to whether he'll survive until 2024, so I think it's a little early for that topic. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Today's poll update:

Democrats win majority in both House and Senate: 2
Republicans win majority in both House and Senate: 11

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

I think we should get to see who voted for what.

Can we get to see it at the end?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
7.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 years ago

probly not , it would have a tendency to skew votes if those types of results were public .

Not to mention the harrassment that would follow .

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @7.1    2 years ago
it would have a tendency to skew votes if those types of results were public .

You mean nobody would vote for democrats retaining the House if there name was on it?

Maybe the anonymity has given them the confidence to try and defy old Vic?

Not to mention the harrassment that would follow .

I'd only point to them on election night.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
7.1.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.1    2 years ago

You know what i mean , especially when it comes to this particular site 

as for election night , i am NEVER repeating the drinking game i played in 2016 , drinking a shot every time the pundits  had to call trump the winner of a state , i dont think i have EVER got that hammered before that without getting roofied .

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @7.1.2    2 years ago

I went through the same think during Derby week in Kentucky. I was at a party where they toasted each and every Derby winner.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
7.1.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.3    2 years ago

to quote Danny Glover in lethal weapon , "im getting to old for this shit ".

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.5  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.1    2 years ago

"old Vic"?

My ex and I took in a play at the "Old Vic" when we were in London almost half a century ago.  They served tea to the audience during intermissions.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @7.1.4    2 years ago
"im getting to old for this shit ".

LOL.  Me too.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 years ago
"I think we should get to see who voted for what."

I don't agree, and the poll system on NT doesn't allow it anyway - I posted the poll and even I don't see who voted, only the votes. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Daily update:

Democrats win majority in both House and Senate: 3
Republicans win majority in both House and Senate: 12
20 members have voted, and it looks like the Republicans will sweep. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Poll daily update did not register in comments on the Home (Front) Page, so this is a notice to check them out:  LINK ->

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10  TᵢG    2 years ago

Poll daily update did not register in comments on the Home (Front) Page, so this is a notice to check them out:  LINK ->

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

FINAL POLL RESULTS

Democrats win majority in both House and Senate: 4
Republicans win majority in both House and Senate: 12

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
12  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Take note that the NT members who predict that Republicans will win majority in both the House and the Senate outnumber all 3 other possibilities combined. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
12.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @12    2 years ago

There are a couple ways one could view this 21 vote  poll.

that 4 people are happy with the status quo and think the current party set up will endure,  the other 17 people dont think so and have shown their displeasure by choosing a different catagory/ answer 

5 people are likely thinking of what happens historically during mid terms , the party that has the Wh will lose one of the houses of the legislature  that is likely a safe bet since that is usually what happens  all they have shown is how they think which house of the legislature will go . question remains is in a co -equal branch of government such as our legislature , which is more important to have control of ?

and as you point out , the majority think that both houses of congress will change hands , and most likely if that happens it will happen as a check against executive branch over reach , and not to balance any thing in government out .

many factors need to be figured in when one tries to figure out what others are thinking .

another thing to keep in mind? the only poll that actually counts ? is held election day .

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
12.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @12.1    2 years ago

Thanks for your take on the results, Mark - much appreciated. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
12.1.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @12.1.1    2 years ago

LOL someone will likely come along and say i have it all wrong anyway , its just my opinion and open to debate .

i will be gone for a week , Son in law just called in the reserves for his construction business , one of his workers broke his hand and cant help finish a job , so the "old man " gets to go assist with laying ashalt shingles in july , and show he can still do it , of course im gonna show these young uns i can still outwork them too.even in the heat . 

Im game , i was born that way .

the bonus is i get to spend more time with my 5 grandkids .

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
12.1.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @12.1.2    2 years ago

Be careful to not fall off the roof.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
12.1.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @12.1.3    2 years ago

its not that steep and its a 5 ft drop from edge to ground .

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
12.1.5  MonsterMash  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @12.1.2    2 years ago
the bonus is i get to spend more time with my 5 grandkids .

Oh goody, they'll get to see grandpa having a heat stroke on the roof.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
12.1.6  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  MonsterMash @12.1.5    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

grandpa is smart enough to hydrate , and bring ice cream to work ...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
12.1.7  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @12.1.6    2 years ago

no heat stroke , but there was plenty of ice cream ....

charger 383
Professor Silent
13  charger 383    2 years ago

I think Republicans will take majority in both House and Senate; but, will not have enough in Senate to get past the filibuster,  The filibuster will suddenly become the Democrats best friend and be sacred to them.    

JBB
Professor Principal
13.1  JBB  replied to  charger 383 @13    2 years ago

I expect the gop to lose two Senate seats in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @13.1    2 years ago

Georgia is a clusterfuck , but i can see it going back to being GOP, the surprise race i read about tonight was colorados bennet , i would usually say his  seat was safe , but cant say that with the current economic and energy policies of the administration , colorado has a large oil and gas  industry and one cannot factor out , the kitchen table economics many voters are facing right now  and bennet could very well face ousting because of the executive policies adversly affecting his states citizens . But that is true about anywhere in any race , one can never discount the fickleness of the american voters , especially outside urban areas .

biden isnt on the ballot , but his administrations policies and actions are , no doubt about that , and depending on the optics seen by the voters , meaning how well or badly they view the administration and its affect on them , will determine if there is just a historical usual loss of one house or an administration checking "shellacking " and loss of congress totally  .

i have said before and will say again , the only thing more sure than republican incompetence when they are in power , is the ability of democrats to over reach when they are in power . 

cant say anything about ohio , since i havent paid attention to it .. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.1.2  Gsquared  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.1.1    2 years ago

The polling in Colorado as of today has Bennett up by an average of 11%.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.1.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Gsquared @13.1.2    2 years ago

just remember what i said about the only poll that counts , is conducted  on election day , after all the polling had hillary as president right up til she wasnt .

4 months in politics is considered a life time  for some , and alot can happen between now and then .

using your metric that being up by 11% points translates to victory for the candidate , then cheney being 28-30 points down against her adversary in the primary , she should drop out right now . but thats not how it works is it ?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.1.4  Gsquared  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.1.3    2 years ago

Yes, the only poll that counts is the one on election day, as I remind people often. 

You seemed to indicate that there were developments in the Colorado Senate race which is the reason I linked the polling data.  I certainly don't think any polling is conclusive of anything.

Cheney might pull it out.  You never know.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.1.5  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Gsquared @13.1.4    2 years ago

NO i said i was surprised that an article  stated that a safe seat, even one i consider safe for the incumbant  MIGHT also be at play and subject to being flipped . The article went on to explain , just as i posted the reasons for thinking that could happen , not that it will.

You even posted bennet has an 11 point lead , in a really safe seat i think that lead would be a little higher .

but the incumbant usually also has an advantage , how much i doubt anyone can really tell.

we all have to wait and see .

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.1.6  Gsquared  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.1.5    2 years ago

I would rather be 11 points ahead in the polls than the opposite, unless it might lull my voters into a false sense of security and they don't bother to vote.

As always, it's all about turnout.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.1.7  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Gsquared @13.1.4    2 years ago
Cheney might pull it out.  You never know.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

On that we will have to disagree, but only because i live in the district where her fate will be decided and actually hear what the voters are discussing day to day . there are not enough dem cross over votes to let her become the nominee, and the dem caucus to choose their candidate to run against the gop candidate is held a few days later . and wyo voting law says you only get to vote in one or the other , not both 

the other factor im considering is her disapproval rating conducted by the state university , it stands at 70+ % of likely voters,i have never in my 60 years ever seen a politician with a disapproval rating like that with their voters , get renominated or re elected .

but she COULD pull it out ... and i could date a victoria secrets runway angel .....the odds are about the same . 

I will just say im not making any dating plans .

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.1.8  Gsquared  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.1.7    2 years ago

If she gets lucky, maybe you will, too.  However unlikely that is.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13.1.9  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.1.7    2 years ago
"but she COULD pull it out ... and i could date a victoria secrets runway angel .....the odds are about the same ."

Yeah, putting principles and integrity ahead of party loyalty is NOT the way to get elected in the USA.  

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.1.10  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13.1.9    2 years ago

Your welcome to your view of course , and i have heard that said about cheney as well , thing is as you know when it comes to politics since it all happens in a fishbowl , pissing off the people that you need to vote for you to be re elected , isnt a good way to get re elected . and she has managed to do that on a few different levels , not just with her position on trump.

But then i am also taking into consideration some factors others dont  such as Wyo voting tendencies and history .

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.1.10    2 years ago

So your position is that Liz Cheney should have supported Trumps election lies if she wanted to get re-elected. 

I guess she is taking a different fork in the road. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @13.1.11    2 years ago
I guess she is taking a different fork in the road. 

She may have deluded herself into running for president.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.1.13  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JohnRussell @13.1.11    2 years ago
So your position is that Liz Cheney should have supported Trumps election lies if she wanted to get re-elected.

Sorry for the delay John , just got back from a week with the grandkids .

No, you keep forgetting i am an independant that leans conservative on some issues , and moderate and liberal on others , it entirely depends on the issue . i just respond on more conservative articles than liberal or progressive ones .

MY actual position on cheney, is that i wouldnt vote for her for dog catcher even if she said she would pay for the pork chops to tie to her neck( or any other politician for that ,matter ) , and i never voted for her to begin with , so remember that as well, IS that any congressperson that wants to do something that the base that votes them into office isnt behind or wants  , can do so , it is their choice , but the old axium of choices have consequenses  still holds very true , that is exactly what is being witnessed .

i actually commend her for taking her own road , but not enough to vote for her ever . as a party outsider in the state , even i saw that what she chose to do was political suicide . to me it was like watching a slow motion train wreck .

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13.1.14  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.1.13    2 years ago

Thanks for the surprise of keeping this poll article alive.  Notwithstanding the Kansas show of force about abortion, I still think the prediction of the majority votes on this poll will stand because, as others have said "Read my lips, it's the economy, stupid".  However, contrary to your feelings about Cheney, I still put principles above loyalty to party and big campaign donors no matter how many other voters feel otherwise. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.1.15  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13.1.14    2 years ago

Cheneys major donors are out of state big oil  and the fossil fuel energy sectors  , she hasnt raised much in state , but most candidates in wyoming dont either .

just read she has out raised her major opponent  something like 10 to 1 ........ and is still way behind .

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13.1.16  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.1.15    2 years ago

Maybe she SHOULD run as an independent if the Republicans despise her, not as a Democrat - she probably wouldn't do any worse. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.1.17  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13.1.16    2 years ago

as a state representative? or for president ?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13.1.18  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.1.17    2 years ago

I was thinking as a State rep, but I think she would have to be a Democrat to run for POTUS. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.1.19  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13.1.18    2 years ago

I can see a couple of problems with running as an indy  for either case .

as in any case of an indy  candidate , they are not guarenteed to get any votes as a 3rd party , the 2 party system is very firmly entrenched . So they have to consider the people that might vote for them ,. 

Cheneys chances depend on the state she chooses to run in . If its wyoming , the chances are slim IMO, because the rough breakdown is the state is about 50-60% GOP, about 38 % Dem , with the rest being unaffilliated or indy or 3rd party , so she would have to count on syphoning voters from both major parties  as well as those others that dont party identify as .

Just like asking dem voters to register GOP in the primary to vote for her , the problem comes in the general where those voters are more likely to revert back to their party of choice . And the same thing would happen on the national level as in the primary currently.

in either case people will look at her voting record for the last 6 years , and take that into consideration to decide if she votes too conservatively for their tastes , unless one is a classic conservative liberal/dem from my childhood , todays progressive liberals , likely wont vote for her in the general given other options , so that kind of stops party switching  in this case .

Also keep in mind that those that register as independant , can pick and choose whom to vote for dem or repub or 3rd party at will , they are the true wild cards .

Personally , im not registered as a republican because they have gone too far to the right and gotten into the nutty area , same goes for dems only in the opposite direction for my tastes .

So i got left nuts and right nuts and im just the big ( 6' 4" ) dick stuck in the middle .

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13.1.20  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.1.19    2 years ago

I appreciate your having taken the time to educate me about a system I really don't know much about.  Third party strength is important in Canada where it can bolster a minority government to enable it to govern.  That has given the third party a lot of rights, like requiring some of its platform to be adopted by the leading government in order to buy its support for a majority.  That is the case in Canada now.  I realize that there is no such thing in the USA.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.1.21  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13.1.20    2 years ago

Buzz , just keep in mind that what i said is only one mans opinion of how things stand , at least around here , Mine , I am sure others can tell you something completely different .

hense the political division in this country i think.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13.1.22  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.1.21    2 years ago

Oh, I'm well aware of the massive and widening political divisions in America (divisions not only between but within political parties), and personally I think it is the reason for the decaying of America and what I also think is beginning to be considered around the world to be the decline and fall of the American empire.  What do you think will save it?  Seems that the only time of real unity is when America has been physically attacked - Pearl Harbour and 9/11.  Just getting involved in wars, like Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc hasn't done the trick (although I'm sure they were a benefit for the armament manufacturers and therefore the American economy), nor has Ukraine, nor has Griner....so what will unite America?  A war with China?  Pelosi didn't succeed in doing that although she may have tried. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.1.23  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @13.1.22    2 years ago

It does appear that the only times there seems to be some semelence of unity is when the people collectively think that the nation has been attacked and it goes back to before the founding and has echoed through just about every conflict this nation has been involved in .

revolutionary war , the rally cry was remember , lexington , where the shot heard round the world was fired .

war of 1812 might be an outlier band not the only one to not have a rally cry .

mexican -american war , they used remember the alamo 

civil war had remember ft sumter 

the indian wars had many rally cries ,  remember custer , or fetterman  or any number of fights 

spanish-american war  was remember the maine .

WW1 had a number of them , mostly due to U boat attacks  remember the lusitania.

WW2of course is remember pearl harbor , or Bataan , or kasserine pass

Korea ( technically a police action by the UN ) remember pusan .

Vietnam and conflicts after didnt really have rally cries , but then again that was after ikes warning of the military industrial complex  and politics .

Until 9/11 , this country really didnt face a crisis for a rally cry or really a need for one .

i remember reading a book from the 30s by a smedley butler , war is a racket , and it really is . 

Ike and a number of people have been correct about politics driving war . and the industries they spawn .

You mentioned pelosi , scary thought is , she is 3rd in line to become president currently if something happens to biden or harris at the same time .

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  charger 383 @13    2 years ago

i remember back when having a super majority such as 60 seats was called a veto proof senate  not filibuster proof .

which is why i pointed out , those that predicted a split legislature , were pretty much which house they felt important , even though both are co -equal , both have different duties and responsibilities , which can affect the next 2 years drastically .

affecting anything from impeachments ( presidential or judicial ) the trying of same, financial  bills and even any up coming treaties or nominations for office or seats  .