╌>

Nancy Pelosi's Husband Paul Pelosi Hospitalized After Hammer Attack in San Francisco Residence

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  revillug  •  2 years ago  •  246 comments

By:   Dan Ladden-Hall, Zachary Petrizzo, Justin Rohrlich (The Daily Beast)

Nancy Pelosi's Husband Paul Pelosi Hospitalized After Hammer Attack in San Francisco Residence
The 82-year-old reportedly sustained blunt force injuries to his head and body from an assailant who yelled, "Where's Nancy?"

While the full details of the attack are yet to be released, law enforcement sources told CNN that the 82-year-old was attacked by a male assailant with a hammer. Two sources who spoke to the Associated Press said Mr. Pelosi sustained blunt force injuries to his head and body, leaving him with bruising and severe swelling. The attack "specifically targeted" the Pelosi home, the sources told the AP.
Once inside, the suspect shouted, "Where is Nancy, where is Nancy?" CNN reported, citing a source who was briefed on the situation.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

'VIOLENTLY ASSAULTED'

The 82-year-old reportedly sustained blunt force injuries to his head and body from an assailant who yelled, "Where's Nancy?"

Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), was hospitalized after being "violently assaulted" by an intruder who broke into the couple's residence in San Francisco early Friday morning, the Speaker's spokesman said in a statement.

"Mr. Pelosi was taken to the hospital, where he is receiving excellent medical care and is expected to make a full recovery," the statement said. "The Speaker was not in San Francisco at the time."

The assailant, who has not yet been named publicly, was taken into custody and the motivation for the attack is "under investigation," the statement said, adding that Pelosi and her family were "grateful to the first responders and medical professionals involved."

While the full details of the attack are yet to be released, law enforcement sources told CNN that the 82-year-old was attacked by a male assailant with a hammer. Two sources who spoke to the Associated Press said Mr. Pelosi sustained blunt force injuries to his head and body, leaving him with bruising and severe swelling. The attack "specifically targeted" the Pelosi home, the sources told the AP.

Once inside, the suspect shouted, "Where is Nancy, where is Nancy?" CNN reported, citing a source who was briefed on the situation.

San Francisco Police spokesperson Sgt. Adam Lobsinger tweeted that officers responded to a "home break-in" at 2:27 a.m. Friday. "SFPD Chief Scott will address the media at police HQ," Lobsinger added.

The United States Capitol Police said in a statement that the Speaker was in D.C. with her protective detail at the time. It's not clear what security detail was at the Pelosis' residence, if any.

"Special Agents with the USCP's California Field Office quickly arrived on scene, while a team of investigators from the Department's Threat Assessment Section was simultaneously dispatched from the East Coast to assist the FBI and the San Francisco Police with a joint investigation," Capitol Police said in a statement, adding that the assailant's motive was still under investigation.

Larry Kamer, Mr. Pelosi's spokesperson, told The Daily Beast on Friday morning that he did not have any information to provide.

Assaults are up 11 percent this year in San Francisco, and robberies are up 5 percent, although burglary has actually fallen significantly in 2022, according to statistics on the city police department's website.

Threats against members of Congress, specifically, have skyrocketed recently, with the number of investigations launched by Capitol Police rising from 3,939 in 2017 to 9,625 in 2021, according to stats provided to The Hill last month.

Members have been granted additional funding for home security, but more is needed as threats continue to escalate, according to the AP.

According to a report released last week by Princeton University's Bridging Divides Initiative, threats and harassment against public officials have reached "an inflection point." Focused primarily on local officials, the report found "increasing general support for the use of threats and harassment... with respondents justifying such attacks on ideological grounds."

Of 400 cases between 2020 and 2022, about 40 percent were related to election issues, 30 percent were related to education issues, and 29 percent to health issues—overwhelmingly COVID-19, the report found, noting that female officials were targeted 3.4 times more than men.

Friday's attack is likely to intensify national scrutiny of crime in San Francisco, where residents voted to recall progressive district attorney Chesa Boudin this summer after a spate of assaults, robberies and break-ins, and crisis-level homelessness.

"Thank God [Nancy Pelosi's] husband Paul is safe after being attacked in their home by an assailant," Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA) tweeted Friday. "While the motive is still unknown we know where this kind of violence is sanctioned and modeled."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1  seeder  Revillug    2 years ago

Or as FoxNews reported the story, "Where's Nancy? Conservative wants to know!"

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1  Ender  replied to  Revillug @1    2 years ago

So the guy said where is Nancy and they wonder what the motive was?...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ender @1.1    2 years ago

Maybe a disgruntled customer of Financial Leasing Services.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Ender  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.1    2 years ago

The motive was he was after Peolsi.

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.1.3  squiggy  replied to  Ender @1.1    2 years ago

A double scoop of Rocky Road?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Revillug @1    2 years ago
Or as FoxNews reported the story, "Where's Nancy?

So do the seeded article and many others. The rest of comment 1 is false.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.2.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2    2 years ago

Do you also fact check The Daily Show for factual errors in their graphics?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Revillug @1.2.1    2 years ago

So you added something. I saw it as a little joke. But I'm known for having a sense of humor unlike others who think they're nice

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Revillug @1.2.1    2 years ago
Do you also fact check The Daily Show for factual errors in their graphics?

Why would you mention a comedy/satire show when your comment 1 and my comment 1.2   directly referenced news sources? 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.2.4  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.3    2 years ago
Why would you mention a comedy/satire show when your comment 1 and my comment 1.2   directly referenced news sources? 

Are you always this literal?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Revillug @1.2.4    2 years ago

yes

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.6  Jasper2529  replied to  Revillug @1.2.4    2 years ago
Are you always this literal?

You asked me a question, and I answered it. Very simple!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.5    2 years ago

Also a complete PITA

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.2    2 years ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.9  cjcold  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.3    2 years ago

You obviously don't know the difference between. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Revillug @1    2 years ago

This was a terrible attack perpetrated by a lone lunatic.

I agree with Mitch McConnell in denouncing it.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3    2 years ago

a lone lunatic that happens to be a trumpster...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @1.3.1    2 years ago

...and a Canadian, “hemp jewelry maker,” was living in a storage unit a few years ago, struggling with hard drugs, and claimed that “Jesus is the anti christ.” 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.3.1    2 years ago

Yet they're always claiming the 'left' are the violent ones when we see endless whack jobs on the right like this scumbag attacking a Democrat Leader and her husband.  This is just one of I'm sure at least hundreds or more if not more of physical attacks on top of all the threats and attacks on all things Democrat/Democrats/Democracy leaders and their families and those who support them.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.4  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.3.2    2 years ago

Typical trumptudian whack job

And we're the violent ones

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.3    2 years ago
they're always claiming the 'left' are the violent ones

Who is always claiming that?

endless whack jobs on the right

whack job no doubt, the spectrum he is on isn't political

one of I'm sure at least hundreds or more if not more of physical attacks

Where do you find your numbers?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.7  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.3.1    2 years ago

One lunatic trumpster among  a multitude of lunatic  trumpsters

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.8  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

Something you have no familiarity with - truth

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.10  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

My mistake but it did turn out to be a trumpster

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.3.11  cjcold  replied to  devangelical @1.3.1    2 years ago

Who'd a thunk it?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.3.12  cjcold  replied to  devangelical @1.3.1    2 years ago

The question is now how many lone Trump lunatics there are.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @1.3.12    2 years ago

Good question, do the lone ones worry you more than the grouped ones?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.14  devangelical  replied to  cjcold @1.3.12    2 years ago

that lone wolf wacko was a trumpster anomaly. usually those cowards are in groups of 3 or more.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.3.1    2 years ago

Prove it

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.16  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.15    2 years ago

prove what? that he was a wacko? that he was a trumpster? (apologies for the redundancy) that he was an anomaly? that he was a coward? that he was alone? please be more specific.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.4  devangelical  replied to  Revillug @1    2 years ago

gee, trumpster conspiracy nut draws first blood, from a family member of a politician...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

While the motive is still unknown we know where this kind of violence is sanctioned and modeled."

Yes, San Francisco

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    2 years ago
Yes, San Francisco

Right, the majority that has elected her to 17 terms in Congress is the place that has modeled and sanctioned this type of violence against a Democratic legislator, not the places where all those thousands who attacked the capital and went hunting for elected Democrats with zip ties in hand and were screaming to hang a politician they considered a traitor who was siding with Democrats. Sure, that makes sense, but only to someone whose contortions that were necessary to stuff one's own head up their ass have cut off the blood circulation to the brain.

Why even bother pretending that this isn't just another example of bitter angry rightwing conservatives who pray daily for their supposedly 'godless liberal progressive' political opponents to have their heads bashed in. I rarely hear anyone on the left ever talking about 'watering the tree of liberty' yet it seems a common theme on the right, especially among their white nationalist, white supremacist, neo-Nazi fellow conservatives.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.1.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1    2 years ago
modeled and sanctioned

Gimme a break.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1    2 years ago
Sure, that makes sense, but only to someone whose contortions that were necessary to stuff one's own head up their ass have cut off the blood circulation to the brain.

Say what?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2  Sunshine  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    2 years ago
Yes, San Francisco

My youngest daughter just had a trip there.  Said it was a pig sty and she didn't feel safe at all.  I find that sad, it used to be one of our greatest cities to visit.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Sunshine @2.2    2 years ago

I had relatives in the San Fran area but haven't been back in a while. It was a beautiful, safe, clean city. Not anymore! The area where the Pelosis live (Pacific Heights) is extremely upscale. It seems that even the elite don't have enough security.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Sunshine @2.2    2 years ago

Did she download and use the poop map?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.3  Sunshine  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.2    2 years ago

jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.2.4  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Sunshine @2.2    2 years ago

Homelessness is a national problem that local places bear the brunt of.

Just like immigration at the border is a national problem where the brunt is felt at the border.

New York and San Fransisco didn't ask to be magnets for homeless people and if they weren't magnets for homeless people the homeless would just be spread out elsewhere.

We have a few choices with regard to the homeless:

We could kill them and process their bodies into Soylent Green.

We could house them and feed them on the public dime.

We could figure out how to reintegrate them as productive members of society.

We could pretend they don't exist and hope the rats eat them.

I have you pegged as a Soylent Green type. Am I wrong?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.2.5  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Revillug @2.2.4    2 years ago

And just think how badly the homeless problem will be exasperated once unwanted fetuses are forced to be brought to term.  Conservatives have a real problem with being able to think their “values” through to their logical conclusions.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.2.5    2 years ago

Exactly, today’s homeless were once unwanted children, now they poop on SF sidewalks.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.2.7  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.6    2 years ago

You don’t think there is some truth to that?

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.2.8  charger 383  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.2.5    2 years ago

Overpopulation is the biggest problem we have, it multiplies all other problems

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.2.7    2 years ago

Have you seen a study with that finding?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.2.10  cjcold  replied to  Revillug @2.2.4    2 years ago

The productive members of society thingy works for me.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.2.11  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.9    2 years ago

Don't be so sure that there isn't a study.

OBJECTIVES: This article examines the effect of abortion legalization on fertility rates in the United States. METHODS: Fertility rates were compared over time between states that varied in the timing of abortion legalization. RESULTS: States legalizing abortion experienced a 4% decline in fertility relative to states where the legal status of abortion was unchanged. The relative reductions in births to teens, women more than 35 years of age, non-White women, and unmarried women were considerably larger. If women did not travel between states to obtain an abortion, the estimated impact of abortion legalization on birth rates would be about 11%. CONCLUSIONS: A complete recriminalization of abortion nationwide could result in 440,000 additional births per year. A reversal of the Roe v Wade decision leaving abortion legal in some states would substantially limit this impact because of the extent of travel between states.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3  Ed-NavDoc    2 years ago

The Pelosi's are wealthy and probably live in a gated community. Surely they have pretty decent security both private and electronic that would prevent a perp from being on the property or in the house. Something smells fishy here.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    2 years ago
Something smells fishy here.

Seriously? You think an 82 year old man volunteered to get hit in the head with a hammer so his wife could hold onto her congressional majority?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @3.1    2 years ago

Why would you think that an attack on her husband increases the Dems ability to hold the House next year?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.1.2  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.1    2 years ago
Why would you think that an attack on her husband increases the Dems ability to hold the House next year?

I don't.

But our fellow NT user is speculating in 3 there is a whiff of false flag about the incident.

I guess the alternative is that Paul Pelosi is tired of being referred to as "Mr. Nancy Pelosi" and would like to hasten her retirement.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @3.1.2    2 years ago
But our fellow NT user is speculating in 3 there is a whiff of false flag about the incident.

Yes, I read that but didn't discern a speculation on motivation.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.1.4  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.3    2 years ago
Yes, I read that but didn't discern a speculation on motivation.

A false flag operation is one that seeks to attribute blame to someone else.

The attributed blame is the goal.

If you got as far as noticing the false flag speculation why didn't the rest of the conclusion follow?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @3.1.4    2 years ago

Because that speculated motive makes as little sense to me as you said it does to you.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.1.6  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.5    2 years ago

I don't know about you but at this point I would like to hear from Navy Doc exactly what he thinks the fishy smell is about.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @3.1.6    2 years ago

Well Pacific Heights is very close to SF Bay so a fishy smell isn't surprising.  Perhaps he is also curious about how a likely mental case was able to gain entry into this $8.5M house.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.1.8  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.7    2 years ago

"I'm here to check on your alarm system, Mr. Pelosi. Look, I've got a hammer..."

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.9  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Revillug @3.1.2    2 years ago

I never used the words "false flag", you did. My only meaning was that it seems the perp should not have been in the house. You are free to surmise whatever you wish but please refrain from attributing your words to me.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.1.10  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1.9    2 years ago
You are free to surmise whatever you wish but please refrain from attributing your words to me.

Well, if you don't want people wondering what you meant you shouldn't leave the house for a walk and come back later.

My only meaning was that it seems the perp should not have been in the house.

Should not have been in the house because it looks like an inside job?

Because there should have been a marksman with a rifle at the perimeter of the lawn?

Because there was a "Keep Out!" sign on the lawn?

It's been a long day waiting for you to clarify your thoughts.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.11  JBB  replied to  Revillug @3.1.10    2 years ago

Instead of decrying political violence and wishing Mr Pelosi a speedy recovery the far rigtwingers will twist themselves into knots to create any pretext to blame Speaker Pelosi and the Democrats for one of their own behaving reprehensibly, again.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @3.1.11    2 years ago

Its deplorable and despicable and their MO

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @3.1.11    2 years ago
for one of their own behaving reprehensibly, again.

When did David register as a Repub?  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.12    2 years ago

Exactly, hammer attacks in the middle of the night have become all too common. 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.1.15  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.14    2 years ago
ttacks in the middle of the night have become all too common. 

I have lived through people breaking into my apartment in the middle of the night (while I was sleeping there) twice. Two different apartments and around a decade apart.

Fortunately, neither incident resulted in a direct confrontation.

In the first incident the police showed up after the intruder left and they pointed loaded guns at ME.

In second one they saw me and went back out the bathroom window.

But after that second break-in, I had a LOT of trouble sleeping at night. I had to move out of that apartment.

My heart goes out to Mr. Pelosi. He has suffered physical injuries but my guess is that his body will heal faster than his psychological trauma. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.16  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.7    2 years ago

Pacific Heights is pretty much the highest point in SF and as such has great views but rarely smells like much more than car exhaust.

This funny looking Federalish style house with the odd bay window was purchased for 2.3 million.  Speculation is that it could be worth 6 million if it were listed today, not $8.5 million.

It has the same public access as any other house that is 8 feet from the street.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.1.18  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Revillug @3.1.8    2 years ago
"I'm here to check on your alarm system, Mr. Pelosi. Look, I've got a hammer..."

I regret this comment now. At the time I wrote it I did not imagine that Mr. Pelosi actually got struck in the head with the hammer or suffered a fractured skull and other injuries.

In fact, it sounded to me like the police showed up right away and grabbed the man with the hammer.

I think was projecting a bit too much from the couple of times I lived through a break and entry while I was asleep in my bed. In neither instance was I physically assaulted. But both instances left me quite jumpy at night for a long time.

Nothing funny happened here. I just talk too much on the internet.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.2  Sunshine  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    2 years ago
Surely they have pretty decent security both private and electronic that would prevent a perp from being on the property or in the house

Considering her position and I am sure she receives many threats, it is odd that there wouldn't be better security.

George
Junior Expert
3.2.1  George  replied to  Sunshine @3.2    2 years ago

Maybe madam speaker feels her husband is expendable after his DUI embarrassment. She may have pulled his security.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    2 years ago

Even the best locks won't keep out a determined mischief maker.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.3    2 years ago

Yeah but no alarm system?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.3.1    2 years ago

refer to 3.3

no security system is perfect

sounds like some  of you don't think this actually happened. If it had been a republican you all would be giving tots and pears

Ender
Professor Principal
3.3.3  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.3.2    2 years ago

I know people that just turn off the alarm when they get home, then set it again at night.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.3.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.3.2    2 years ago

You would be wrong in my case. I was asking a question. And depending on where Mr. Pelosi was at the time, it may have been quick perhaps it happened really quickly. Come to think of it, the police showed up. I doubt he had the time to call them. Maybe they did have an alarm system.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.3.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ender @3.3.3    2 years ago

Maybe he forgot to reset it? It was 2:30 in the morning..

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.3.4    2 years ago
You would be wrong in my case. I was asking a question.

sure

George
Junior Expert
3.3.7  George  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.3.5    2 years ago

[deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.3.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.3.6    2 years ago

I guess you missed the at the end of the sentence.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.3.8    2 years ago

[Deleted]

squiggy
Junior Silent
3.3.11  squiggy  replied to  George @3.3.7    2 years ago
Maybe he was drunk again?

After the DUI conviction, he said, "I'll just stay home and get hammered."

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.3.12  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.3    2 years ago

True, but a well trained guard dog sure would help.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.3.13  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.3.1    2 years ago

The police responded to some sort of alarm but it reads to me like it was one of those life-alert systems you get for mom so she can live independently while she as at risk for a fall.

San Francisco Police Chief Bill Scott said officers arrived at Pelosi’s house for a “well-being check” at around 2:27 a.m., where they saw Paul Pelosi and an adult male both holding a hammer.

I do think this is an eyebrow raising part of the story.

The speaker of the House is next in line for the presidency after the VP and her husband's security while she is out of town is a life-alert pendant around his neck?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.14  Tessylo  replied to  squiggy @3.3.11    2 years ago

Funny as a heart attack there squiggy

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.15  Tessylo  replied to  George @3.3.7    2 years ago

There's something wrong with you

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.3.16  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Revillug @3.3.13    2 years ago

I'm reading now that Paul Pelosi called 911 to report an intruder.

Don't know why early reports characterized the police response as a "wellness check,"

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.3.17  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @3.3.16    2 years ago

Early reports are almost always incomplete or wrong.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.3.18  Kavika   replied to  Revillug @3.3.16    2 years ago

Read comment 14

squiggy
Junior Silent
3.3.19  squiggy  replied to  Tessylo @3.3.14    2 years ago
Funny as a heart attack there squiggy

What's funny about a drunk old man rolling down a public way with a deadly weapon?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.3.20  MrFrost  replied to  George @3.3.7    2 years ago

Maybe he was drunk again?

So it's HIS fault he MAY have been drinking in his own home? Yes, I am sure that's it. Whenever I hear of a story like this, my immediate thought is, "was the victim drinking"? 

/sarc off

Veronica
Professor Guide
3.3.21  Veronica  replied to  MrFrost @3.3.20    2 years ago
my immediate thought is, "was the victim drinking"

Works against rape victims.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.3.22  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.3.17    2 years ago
Early reports are almost always incomplete or wrong.

Apparently when he called 911 the intruder was right there as he started talking to the police and he spoke to the 911 operator in a manner that the operator would understand there was a problem.

The reason it was called a "wellness check" is the 911 operator suspected something was wrong even though Mr. Pelosi did not come right out and say, "There is an intruder in the house and I need help."

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.4  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    2 years ago
Surely they have pretty decent security both private and electronic that would prevent a perp from being on the property or in the house.

The internet, being a nosy person's wet-dream, has pictures of Nancy's house online:

cb701881d3ade48534d527348a73a11c.jpg

9261a05360627b09c20981d85a0f64d3.jpg

336ddb7a8c8713e0302296582b10b155.jpg

The house is worth 6.9 million and for some reason they have a 33k mortgage on it.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.4.1  Ender  replied to  Revillug @3.4    2 years ago

An ugly house for the price.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.4.2  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Ender @3.4.1    2 years ago

They probably figured it would be easy to secure.

Maybe they are just nice people who assume that when someone rings your bell at 2:30 in the morning it is because they are in distress and need help.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.4.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @3.4.1    2 years ago

It's very plain

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.4.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Revillug @3.4    2 years ago

The only thing I wonder about all this is why they dont have a live in bodyguard. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.4.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4.4    2 years ago

Maybe they can’t afford them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.4.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.4.5    2 years ago

trolling

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.4.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4.6    2 years ago

What is your speculation, carelessness?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.4.8  seeder  Revillug  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4.4    2 years ago
The only thing I wonder about all this is why they dont have a live in bodyguard. 

Probably quite a few congressional members have almost no security beyond some retail alarm system.

This is the sort of incident that can spawn copy cats.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.4.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.4.7    2 years ago
What is your speculation, carelessness?

"It cant happen here."

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.4.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @3.4.8    2 years ago

Exactly, didn’t some get shot at while practicing baseball several years ago?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.4.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4.10    2 years ago

San Francisco, seriously?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.4.13  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.4.11    2 years ago

Didn't a school get shot up a few years ago?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.4.14  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4.4    2 years ago

Nancy has bodyguards but she was in Washington. Her husband does not get government paid for bodyguards. Also, most people turn off their alarms while they're home during the day, they don't want the alarms going off every time they open a window or go out to a patio or backyard. There really isn't anything 'fishy' here other than the smell coming from the slimy shit wad fascist who clearly listens to rightwing conservative media and wallows in rightwing conspiracy theories which likely motivated him to attack an 82-year-old man with a hammer.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.4.15  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.4.3    2 years ago

On the outside maybe, but I'd be willing to bet it's pretty spectacular on the inside.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3.4.16  seeder  Revillug  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4.4    2 years ago

I'm beginning to wonder if their security plan while Nancy was out of town is a "life-alert" pendant around her husband's neck:

San Francisco Police Chief Bill Scott said officers arrived at Pelosi’s house for a “well-being check” at around 2:27 a.m., where they saw Paul Pelosi and an adult male both holding a hammer.

I think Medicare even pays for those things.

Nancy and Paul Pelosi have a net-worth of around $114 million, according to Wikipedia.

I'm not saying it all came from insider trading. 

Oh, heck - I'm saying it all came from insider trading.

But that hardly matters today.

Spend a few of those $114 million bucks on security so we don't have to read about this twice..

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.4.17  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.4.11    2 years ago

Funny how you cite the one instance of violence against an alleged conservative. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.4.18  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.4.14    2 years ago

But according to some DP it 'smells fishy' plus your usual victim blamers

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.4.19  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @3.4.17    2 years ago

It wasn't funny to those involved.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.4.20  Split Personality  replied to  Revillug @3.4    2 years ago
for some reason they have a 33k mortgage on it.

to maintain their FICO scores.

My wife was debt free for a decade and when the car finally died, she could not buy another without a cosigner - her FICO score had disappeared.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.5  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    2 years ago

Oh FFS.

Are you implying this was staged?

Again, FFS

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.5.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @3.5    2 years ago
Are you implying this was staged?

No, he wasn't.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.5.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @3.5    2 years ago

Not at all.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.6  Split Personality  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    2 years ago
The Pelosi's are wealthy

Very much so.

and probably live in a gated community.

Absolutely incorrect. The Federalish style home is large and right on a public street. There are almost always protests and sometimes significant property damage by said protestors who cannot be prevented access to the street or sidewalk in front of the home.

Surely they have pretty decent security both private and electronic

Granted but they cannot keep people off of the public sidewalk or prevent street parking in front of their street side house.

that would prevent a perp from being on the property or in the house.

Already explained but police are usually only a block away. The Northern police station is

roughly 8 blocks away. EMT from St Francis Hospital is about the same distance to the west.

Something smells fishy here.

Not really.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.6.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Split Personality @3.6    2 years ago

I respect your right to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine. You have a good day.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.6.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.6.1    2 years ago

You must not know the difference between facts and opinions.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.6.3  Split Personality  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.6.1    2 years ago

My opinion is born from the experience of living nearby for 4 years.

You have a good day as well.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.6.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Split Personality @3.6.3    2 years ago

Understood and I stand rebuked. Thank you.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago

Thoughts and prayers:

“The President is praying for Paul Pelosi and for Speaker Pelosi’s whole family. This morning he called Speaker Pelosi to express his support after this horrible attack,” press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said in a statement. She continued: “He is also very glad that a full recovery is expected. The President continues to condemn all violence, and asks that the family’s desire for privacy be respected.”

Revillug
Freshman Participates
4.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4    2 years ago
asks that the family’s desire for privacy be respected.

I guess we could start with not breaking into their house in the middle of the night with a hammer.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4    2 years ago

I am surprised the usual suspects haven't started the usual shit about thoughts and prayers being worthless.

Must be because Biden is a Democrat.

I hope Mr. Pelosi make a full recovery and his assailant is convicted and imprisoned.

I wonder what his bail will be?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2    2 years ago

One dollar?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago
 I guess we could start with not breaking into their house in the middle of the night with a hammer.

We?  I thought that the initial investigation revealed one arrested intruder. 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
5.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5    2 years ago

Do you think Biden was asking David Depape to respect the Pelosi's privacy?

If that's the case, I can't wait for him to start direct negotiations with Putin.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @5.1    2 years ago

No, I wondered about your use of "we",

Revillug
Freshman Participates
5.1.2  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.1    2 years ago

Fine.

"We" means everyone but you.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
6  seeder  Revillug    2 years ago

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1  Ender  replied to  Revillug @6    2 years ago

A Castro loving nudist?

Well he will only be seeing his kids through bars now.

George
Junior Expert
6.1.1  George  replied to  Ender @6.1    2 years ago

Sorry, no cash bail, he’ll be home before Paul Pelosi 

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Ender  replied to  George @6.1.1    2 years ago
DA Boudin believes that no one should be in jail simply because they are too poor to post bail to get out. Under DA Boudin’s policy, if someone poses a serious public safety risk, the District Attorney’s office will ask that the person remain in jail while waiting for the case to resolve or go to trial. But everyone who does not pose a serious public safety risk should be free from jail while their case is pending—sometimes with conditions like electronic monitoring, GPS, or drug testing, depending on the individual circumstances. This makes sure we have a system that keeps us all safe—and doesn’t hold people in jail because of their poverty.

So yes, they can still hold people.

George
Junior Expert
6.1.3  George  replied to  Ender @6.1.2    2 years ago

Is he a serious risk to public safety or just a single person? If you can show where everyone who has committed domestic violence is still in jail before trial that might mean something.

you don’t think the Pelosi’s deserve special treatment do you?

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Ender  replied to  George @6.1.3    2 years ago

Someone that poses a threat can be detained, contrary to how some believe.

It is only you that thinks someone attacking someone with a hammer and would be held in jail is special treatment.

George
Junior Expert
6.1.5  George  replied to  Ender @6.1.4    2 years ago

It is special treatment if all the people who assault others aren't also kept in jail! How can you not see the hypocrisy in that?

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Ender  replied to  George @6.1.5    2 years ago

Depends on circumstance. You are acting like every murderer gets out for free.

Just not the case, so you delve into bias.

If you are going to act like this would be the only case where someone is held, you would be mistaken.

If he gets out, I would think it would be up to the DAs office.

George
Junior Expert
6.1.7  George  replied to  Ender @6.1.6    2 years ago
If he gets out, I would think it would be up to the DAs office.

Only if they refuse to charge him, In America bail is decided by either the legislature, or the Judge. it is NOT set by the DA. they can only request it on bended knee. 

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.8  Ender  replied to  George @6.1.7    2 years ago

The DA can decide whether or not to ask the judge to comply with their request.

I don't even know what you are arguing about anymore.

There are parameters set. I think you are just trying to argue for argues sake...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.1.9  Jasper2529  replied to  George @6.1.1    2 years ago
Sorry, no cash bail, he’ll be home before Paul Pelosi 

Wanna bet he won't? This attack was made on The Pelosis.

Cashless bail is only for attacks on small business owners or a middle-aged woman on a bus just trying to get to/from her job.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @6.1.4    2 years ago

There's something wrong with him.  These victim blamers and "it smells fishy' bullshit

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @6.1.8    2 years ago

That's exactly it ender

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.11    2 years ago

Am I the only one here that ever gives you an "exactly"?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @6    2 years ago

Was Nancy against Castro and nudism?  

George
Junior Expert
6.2.1  George  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.2    2 years ago

I’m 100% against Nancy being nude.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  George @6.2.1    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  George @6.2.1    2 years ago

Nude Nancy? Those pics of her almost falling out of her bathing suit on her Italian vacay this year were creepy enough!   jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.3    2 years ago

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.4    2 years ago

My eyes my eyes!jrSmiley_85_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.2.6    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.2.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.7    2 years ago
You all are such ...d......   fill in the blanks

a. Navy Vet

b. Proud Hispanic

c. Common sense thinker

d. All of the above

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2.9  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.2.8    2 years ago

My thanks.

squiggy
Junior Silent
6.2.10  squiggy  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.3    2 years ago

Bastard! You knew I would have to google that.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
6.2.12  seeder  Revillug  replied to  squiggy @6.2.10    2 years ago
Changed my mind on this comment.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    2 years ago

If the motive was robbery the right will say San Francisco is not safe.

If the motive was random the right will say we dont pay enough attention to mental health. 

If the motive was political the right will say it is a false flag. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 years ago

Or just realize that it's a shit hole city and the crime they deny finally made it to their door.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
7.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 years ago

If the motive was red the right will say it was blue.  This is the story of their existence.  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @7.2    2 years ago

You think that a color can be a motive?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
7.2.2  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.2.1    2 years ago
You think that a color can be a motive?

I think color has been a motive since 1619.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.2.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @7.2.2    2 years ago

Blueman against redman.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago
If the motive was robbery the right will say San Francisco is not safe.

Not as safe as rural or suburban areas but around average for large cities except maybe for car break-ins. 

If the motive was random the right will say we dont pay enough attention to mental health. 

Isn't that true?

If the motive was political the right will say it is a false flag. 

Castro or nudity?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9  Just Jim NC TttH    2 years ago

Cops are saying when they got there they BOTH both had hammers and the guy took Pelosi's and started beating him. While the cops were there!! 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9    2 years ago

Yes, they each had hammers. Maybe Paul was hanging some paintings in the middle of the night?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9.2  Sunshine  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9    2 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sunshine @9.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

GregTx
PhD Guide
9.2.2  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago

They say, if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.  

Hallux
PhD Principal
10.1  Hallux  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10    2 years ago

Do they now? I'm holding a hammer and you look like a pancake ... must be your lucky day.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hallux @10.1    2 years ago

Too bad, I prefer that sweet Canadian maple syrup.

squiggy
Junior Silent
10.1.2  squiggy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10.1.1    2 years ago

They'll rip you off. It's only $18 a quart in some general store in Middlebury.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
10.2  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10    2 years ago
They say

They?

Hallux
PhD Principal
10.2.1  Hallux  replied to  Revillug @10.2    2 years ago

A swarm of 'we' to some in these parts.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10.2.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @10.2    2 years ago

Exactly 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @10.2.1    2 years ago

The voices in their heads?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10.2.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @10.2.3    2 years ago

Conjoined twins?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
11  Jasper2529    2 years ago

I'm so glad that Biden immediately offered his thoughts and prayers. Very statesmanlike and kind gesture. I can't recall if he immediately or ever did the same when Kavanaugh's and Zeldin's homes and families were under attack? The assassination attempt on Zeldin, maybe?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12  JohnRussell    2 years ago

identified the alleged attacker as 42-year-old David DePape .

reached two of the man's relatives who told CNN he is estranged from his family. A review of his FB page shows he posted memes and conspiracy theories about Covid, the 2020 election, and the 1/6 attack.

--------------------------------------------------------

Oh that settles it then , its a false flag jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @12    2 years ago
Adam Kinzinger #fella
@AdamKinzinger
·
I’m waiting for the police briefing, but i want to be clear: when you convince people that politicians are rigging elections, drink babies blood, etc, you will get violence. This must be rejected. This is why the Jan 6th committee is so important.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1    2 years ago

The attacker was a pro-Trump election denier.

What a shock !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.1    2 years ago
WTFUSA @dudeonthebay
·
David DePape is already being painted as a far left radical because he lived in Berkeley. Reddit has his digital footprint and social media posts and it’s Crystal clear he was radicalized by the QANON MAGA cult. Don’t be fooled by the distractions. He’s exactly who we thought.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.2    2 years ago
He’s exactly who we thought.

Yup.

Former friend Linda Schneider "received “really disturbing” emails from DePape in which he sounded like a “megalomaniac and so out of touch with reality,” she said. She said she stopped communicating with him “because it seemed so dangerous,” adding that she recalled him “using Biblical justification to do harm .”

David DePape posted links on his Facebook page to multiple videos produced by My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell falsely alleging that the 2020 election was stolen.

Other posts included transphobic images and linked to websites claiming Covid vaccines were deadly. “The death rates being promoted are whatever ‘THEY’ want to be promoted as the death rate,” one post read."

DePape also posted links to YouTube videos with titles like “Democrat FARCE Commission to Investigate January 6th Capitol Riot COLLAPSES in Congress !!!” and “Global Elites Plan To Take Control Of YOUR Money! (Revealed)”

Two days after former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of killing George Floyd, DePape wrote that the trial was “a modern lynching,” falsely indicating that Floyd died of a drug overdose.

Other posts from the last few weeks featured videos accusing LGBTQ people of “grooming” children, and declared that “any journalist saying” there is no evidence of election fraud “should be dragged straight out into the street and shot.” The most recent post – linking to a YouTube video comparing colleges to cults – went up the day before the Pelosi attack.

Alleged Pelosi attacker posted multiple conspiracy theories | CNN Politics

So pretty much just another MAGA inspired fascist whose been regurgitating much of the same rightwing insanity we regularly see from conservatives here on NT.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
12.1.4  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.3    2 years ago

Isn’t it obvious that the same cabal that has the power to make Democrats rape and eat babies would also have the power to force David DePape to attack Nancy Pelosi’s husband with a hammer?  Duh.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1    2 years ago

See how violence against Democrats is celebrated by some here?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
12.1.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.5    2 years ago

Who do you see celebrating here?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.3    2 years ago

But, but, but something 'smells fishy'

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
12.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.7    2 years ago

I love the Red Boat fish sauce or are you smelling something else?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
12.1.9  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.7    2 years ago
'smells fishy'

I think all of us are a bit confused by how easy it was to break into Pelosi's house and attack her husband.

She's second in line for the presidency and she and her husband have a net-worth of $114 million and somehow a deranged fool broke into her home in the middle of the night.

If wealth and power don't protect you from a crazy fool then what does?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
12.1.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @12.1.9    2 years ago

It didn't protect George Harrison or John Lennon either.

George
Junior Expert
12.1.11  George  replied to  Revillug @12.1.9    2 years ago

If wealth and power don't protect you from a crazy fool then what does?

3 center mass.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
12.1.12  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @12.1.10    2 years ago
George Harrison

George Harrison didn't get shot.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
12.1.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @12.1.12    2 years ago

Neither did John Pelosi. 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
12.1.15  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @12.1.13    2 years ago
Neither did John Pelosi. 

Is there an incident where George Harrison as harmed by a deranged fan that I am unaware of?

Or are you just doubling down out of habit?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12.1.17  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.2    2 years ago

Isn't it amazing how the media hasn't figured out the Jan 6 pipe bomber, the Supreme Court Leaker, a single one of Epstein's clients, the motive of the Las Vegas shooter but they knew Paul Pelosi's midnight visitor was "MAGA" before both could get their underwear back on?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.1.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  Revillug @12.1.15    2 years ago

He may be referring to John Lennon [Deleted]

Revillug
Freshman Participates
12.1.19  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @12.1.16    2 years ago

It wasn't lost on the Beatles that they were playing with fire somewhere out there in the fringes of their audience.

For the most part, I think they tried to play responsibly with that fire. But John was murdered, George was attacked, and Charles Manson lorded over his cult with a race war fantasy he centered around The White Album.

How does this relate to politics?

I don't think the GOP is playing responsibly with fire and they know it.

Kavika
Professor Principal
13  Kavika     2 years ago

82-year-old Paul Pelosi is attacked by some nut case and is in the hospital with a fractured skull and other injuries. 

I hope that he recovers and can return to a life without any long term complications.

JBB
Professor Principal
13.1  JBB  replied to  Kavika @13    2 years ago

Yes, but all that has not stopped the far rightwingers from continuing to dehumanize the perp's intended victim Speaker Nancy Pelosi...

Revillug
Freshman Participates
13.2  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Kavika @13    2 years ago

Thank you for saying this.

We all need to acknowledge this before chasing down this or that thread in this story.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @13    2 years ago

Well, thank goodness someone else here finds no humor in bashing an 82 year old man's head in with a hammer.

I hope he gets better soon, too.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3    2 years ago

When the facts make them defenseless, all they can do is try and make fun of it. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @13.3.1    2 years ago

It's deplorable and not at all humorous

Kavika
Professor Principal
14  Kavika     2 years ago

The SFPD had a press release and the guy broke in the back french doors by breaking the glass and was confronted by Paul Pelosi. Pelosi had phoned 911 and left the phone on while talking to the attacker. The 911 operator sensed there was a lot more to the conversation than she was hearing and immediately called the police as a high priority. They arrived and Pelosi and the attacker were struggling for the hammer, (there was only one hammer) the police shouted to drop the hammer when the attacker got control of it and hit Pelosi on the head and also damage to his hands and arms. The police tackled and subdued the attacker.

The police said the 911 operator with a lot of experience was able to  ''read between the lines'' and put it on the highest priority. 

Pacific Heights where they live has its own security.

That should end a lot of the BS speculation.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
14.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Kavika @14    2 years ago
Pacific Heights where they live has its own security.

It doesn't sound like it is a gated community, though. It sounds like a neighborhood in San Francisco where any American is allowed to walk down the public streets and not need a reason any deeper than that they are sight-seeing or merely passing through.

That should end a lot of the BS speculation.

I'm speculating that a crazy man could get past Pacific Heights "security" and break into the Pelosi's home in the middle of the night. 

And I don't bring that up to blame anyone. I'm just a bit concerned that we just witnessed a quite a security vulnerability for America. Maybe congress needs to think about this a bit.

When I went Googling for "where does Nancy Pelosi live" I got a lot of hits on Quora. The top answer was usually something like, "I hope this person isn't asking this for the wrong reasons."

But then I just found it in a website dedicated to homes of rich and famous people, with stats as if it was a Zillow listing. That's where the pictures in comment 3.4 came from.

Anyone with access to the internet can find out where Nancy Pelosi lives and anybody can walk down her street in San Francisco.

Kavika
Professor Principal
14.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Revillug @14.1    2 years ago

It is not a gated community.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
15  afrayedknot    2 years ago

This incident was just as predictable as the aftermath…welcome to the new reality, where violence against one another is somehow politicized and thus inexplicably excused…all in the context of the largesse of our comfortable lives. It is only going to get worse and it is exactly what we have wrought.

Time for some contemplation rather than conflagration. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
16  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago

Who has excused it?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
16.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @16    2 years ago

You know what, wry…you represent the problem we face today in dealing with real issues.  Offering no constructive opinion or possible solution, as that would take thought…only the continual questioning after the fact. 

It’s okay if that’s your shtick, but know being a contrarian antagonist gets stale rather quickly in the obvious lack of substance. Feel free to carry on, but do so in recognizing the shallowness in which you wish to wallow. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
16.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  afrayedknot @16.1    2 years ago

You asserted that folks excused this violence, I asked you who had done than.  

I don’t have a constructive opinion because I’m unaware of whom you are referring to.

Possible solutions might include better mental health treatment.

I’m shallow where you are so deep.  We complement each other.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
16.1.3  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @16.1.1    2 years ago
You asserted that folks excused this violence, I asked you who had done than.  

This line looks like a pretty good attempt at excusing the violence:

Or just realize that it's a shit hole city and the crime they deny finally made it to their door.

I have to admit that the violent criminals chanting, "Where's Nancy?" are becoming all too frequent. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
16.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @16.1.3    2 years ago

Perhaps more an explanation than an excuse. 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
16.1.5  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @16.1.4    2 years ago
Perhaps more an explanation than an excuse. 

As an explanation it is pretty much a whataboutism.

There has always been violent crime, like robbery, murder, and rape, that we depend upon our civilized institutions to protect us from. There is no doubt in NYC and New York State, where I live, that crime is up. It could possibly cost our governor the election in a few days. Hoping a problem will just go away on its own is always a bad plan.

But this deranged individual who broke into the Pelosi's home would have fit right in with these deranged individuals breaking into the Capitol Building:

Zw

What is really problematic is that one of our major political parties is looking to harness both their insane beliefs and their willingness to do exactly what they are doing in this picture.

I'll be the first to admit that the Democrats were negligent when they failed to shout down people on the left who said crazy things like "looting can be an example of social justice" (paraphrase) during the pandemic lockdowns. But when it comes to political violence in America putting this crazy Qanon stuff in the same pot with the crazy Antifa stuff is a horse and rabbit stew.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
16.1.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Revillug @16.1.3    2 years ago
Or just realize that it's a shit hole city and the crime they deny finally made it to their door

I see you offer no constructive opinion or possible solution.  Just jumping off the deep end.

Just out of curiosity, how do you figure that comment is making excuses?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
16.1.7  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @16.1.6    2 years ago
I see you offer no constructive opinion or possible solution.  Just jumping off the deep end.

Are you talking to me or looking at a mirror?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
16.1.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Revillug @16.1.7    2 years ago
Are you talking to me

You don't know how the conversations work?  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
17  Greg Jones    2 years ago

Other views,  and probably the correct ones.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
17.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Greg Jones @17    2 years ago

I think the misunderstanding being explored with regard to the house he supposedly lived at being decorated like it is owned by a left winger is that Mr. DePape did not live in the house. He lived in a dilapidated school bus outside the house. He was basically homeless.

He had a connection to the people in the house but they had him living outside in a dilapidated bus.

As far as the nonsense being speculated upon by Townhall.

Sleeping in underwear is common. Mr. Pelosi was sleeping in his bedroom in his underwear at 2 in the morning.

What is wrong with you people?

Mr DePape admitted to intending to tie up Mr. Pelosi so he could get some sleep. He intended to wait in the Pelosi residence until Nancy got home.

Then after a struggle he beat Mr. Pelosi unconscious with a hammer.

Again,

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
17.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @17.1    2 years ago
He was basically homeless.

I blame Reagan and Brown, GOV Reagan closed CA mental health facilities 55 years ago and GOV Brown started empty his prisons around 10 years ago.  No one has reversed either action.

George
Junior Expert
17.1.2  George  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @17.1.1    2 years ago

The desperation to blame this on Trump is hysterical. As you said, Reagan closed mental hospitals and Brown emptied the jails and San Francisco sanctuary shielded this illegal from deportation, so it’s obvious that it’s Trumps fault.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
17.1.3  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @17.1.1    2 years ago
He was basically homeless.

What is the opposite of "burying the lede?"

GregTx
PhD Guide
17.1.4  GregTx  replied to  Revillug @17.1    2 years ago

Uh-huh,..  so in these partisan times these liberals, in CALIFORNIA took pity on this MAGA from Canada and let him crash in a dilapidated bus on the property? Nice of them....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
17.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  George @17.1.2    2 years ago

There is a chicken and egg thing going on. Did Trump create an army of crazy assholes from scratch or just exploit those who already existed? 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
17.1.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @17.1.3    2 years ago

What is the opposite of "burying the lede?"

Resurrecting the lede?

George
Junior Expert
17.1.7  George  replied to  JohnRussell @17.1.5    2 years ago

I’m going with exploit, just like the nut bags who came out during the Kavanaugh hearings. They have always been there. Jones town, Heavens gate. Westboro Baptist.

we have no shortage of crazies.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
17.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @17.1.5    2 years ago
There is a chicken and egg thing going on.

I see said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
17.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  George @17.1.7    2 years ago

speaking of jonestown

George
Junior Expert
17.1.10  George  replied to  JohnRussell @17.1.9    2 years ago

Honestly John, it’s 2022. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
17.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  George @17.1.10    2 years ago

and that makes it better ? lol. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
17.1.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @17.1.9    2 years ago
speaking of jonestown

Exactly, James Warren Jones, the Peoples Temple, San Francisco in the 70's. 

Willie Brown, Kamela's one time old man friend and mentor called Jones a “close personal friend and highly trusted brother in the struggle for liberation.”  Tom Hayden hailed Jones for his “high standard of ethics and morality,” and the Los Angeles Herald-Examiner named him “Humanitarian of the Year.”

If I remember correctly, Candidate Jimmy Carter's wife met with Jim Jones and his fans included . a Gov. Jerry Brown, Lt. Gov. Mervyn Dymally and Congressman Phil Burton. San Francisco Mayor George Moscone appointed Jones commissioner of the city’s Housing Authority. San Francisco Supervisor Harvey Milk wrote that he had found “greatness ... at Jim Jones’ People’s Temple.”

Revillug
Freshman Participates
17.1.13  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @17.1.6    2 years ago

I don't think him being homeless is the the most important thing to notice about him.

He also doesn't seem to have had much interaction with the authorities up until now.

But there is a certain relationship that easily deranged minds have with media and the internet. Put the crazy out there and it will find a home in a mind like DePape's.

Put target signs over politicians on a campaign ad and maybe one of them will get shot.

Wink at all this Qanon stuff and someone will take a break from performing exorcisms on their kids to plot the kidnapping death of an elected official.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
17.1.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @17.1.13    2 years ago
He also doesn't seem to have had much interaction with the authorities up until now.

Perhaps CA had bigger fish to fry.

Wink at all this Qanon stuff and someone will take a break from performing exorcisms on their kids to plot the kidnapping death of an elected official.

Does the Bay area do that?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
17.1.15  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @17.1.14    2 years ago
Perhaps CA had bigger fish to fry.

That's the point.

You can't flag someone as a problem if they haven't done anything significant.

There's no law against living in a bus on your ex's property, although the rich and poor, alike, are forbidden from sleeping under bridges.

Does the Bay area do that? 

Why do you put so much energy into your schtick? 

Anyone with access to the internet can find their way to someone winking at Qanon. Some of the people winking at Qanon are elected officials.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
17.1.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @17.1.15    2 years ago
That's the point.

Then you made it well.

Why do you put so much energy into your schtick? 

This takes little to no energy for me, does it for you?

Some of the people winking at Qanon are elected officials.

None that I vote for.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
17.1.17  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @17.1.16    2 years ago
This takes little to no energy for me, does it for you?

Yeah, actually.

Am I the first to complain?

This country is sickened with people playing endless word games about politics. People who know better should do better.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
17.1.18  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @17.1.1    2 years ago
GOV Brown started empty his prisons around 10 years ago. 

A bit of a coincidence, I am watching the Netflix documentary, "Thirteenth," so I can discuss it with a friend who needs to watch it (in addition to a ton of reading) for a course.

It draws a straight line from the exception for compulsory labor in the 13th amendment to our ballooned prison populations of today.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
17.1.19  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @17.1.17    2 years ago
Am I the first to complain?

Complain, no you asked a question.

This country is sickened with people playing endless word games about politics. People who know better should do better.

No people were harmed in the making of my comment.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
17.1.20  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @17.1.19    2 years ago

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
17.1.21  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @17.1.20    2 years ago

Well then the damage is very limited.

George
Junior Expert
19  George    2 years ago

So the Pelosi attacker maybe an illegal immigrant?  I wonder if the city officials providing sanctuary to this illegal feel any culpability.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
19.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  George @19    2 years ago
So the Pelosi attacker maybe an illegal immigrant?

An illegal immigrant doing his best to Make America Great Again, one dead Democrat at a time.

This changes everything!

GregTx
PhD Guide
19.1.1  GregTx  replied to  Revillug @19.1    2 years ago

I doubt MAGA's are allowed to enter Berkley without proper papers...

Revillug
Freshman Participates
19.1.2  seeder  Revillug  replied to  GregTx @19.1.1    2 years ago

Zw

Seven years of HS down the drain.

GregTx
PhD Guide
19.1.3  GregTx  replied to  Revillug @19.1.2    2 years ago

Ahhh well, Tots and pears...

George
Junior Expert
19.1.5  George  replied to  Revillug @19.1    2 years ago

I doubt MAGA’s accept illegals, but keep swinging. You might get lucky.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
19.1.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  GregTx @19.1.1    2 years ago

Big Bambu, Zig-Zag, Top, e-z wider or am I showing my age?