╌>

The Final Countdown

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  269 comments

The Final Countdown
“I read a poll just yesterday” showing that “suburban women are now going to vote Republican,” Hostin saidduring Thursday’s episode. “It’s almost like roaches voting for Raid.”

There is 4 days until the midterm elections, and you can feel the wave coming. Democrats are on defense everywhere. Midterm election spending is through the roof, with projections reaching past $16.7 Billion (a new record for the midterms). The president made a very divisive speech the other night in the blue city of DC. From there he will go to campaign in California, a safe place where he can't hurt a democratic candidate. His VP, after her third trip to the blue state of MA, will be joining Hillary Clinton and far left activist Letitia James in New York to try and salvage the campaign of acting Governor Kathy Hochul who is in a flat-footed tie with a Republican. That in a state that has twice as many democrats as Republicans. Obama is the only democrat capable of campaigning in the Senate race's all-important battle ground states.

FgrZ8r3X0Agqhmb?format=jpg&name=small

Democrats have played all their dirty tricks, gaslighted ad nauseum, politicized tragedies and just the other night smeared half the country. Most notable was the response of Sunny Hostin to the WSJ poll showing that suburban women had swung to the GOP. She couldn't help but lash out at the very women the democratic party tried so hard to recruit:

How did the democrats delude themselves into thinking that the American people would forget the past two years of hell?

Take nothing for granted. Get out there and vote them out!

The Week:

Holden endorses Zeldin:  "A New York City Democratic lawmaker crossed party lines Thursday to endorse Republican Lee Zeldin for governor over incumbent   Democrat Kathy Hochul.  New York City Democratic city councilman Robert Holden, a moderate from Glendale, Queens, slammed Hochul over the crime crisis ravaging both the city and state.

Democratic NYC lawmaker backs Zeldin over Hochul, defying party: 'We don't feel safe' | Fox News

The Fed on Wednesday raised interest rates for the sixth time this year:  Battling inflation that remains at four-decade highs, the Federal Reserve said Wednesday it hiked its key interest rate by another 0.75%.

Federal Reserve raises interest rate by 0.75% for the fourth time (nbcnews.com)

Seventy-Seven-year-old man beaten to death:   "A 77-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene earlier this week after being brutally beaten to death outside   a 7-Eleven in San Francisco  , police said. Richard Owens was one of three people allegedly targeted at a 7-Eleven early Tuesday morning in what police called a random attack,   according to local Fox affiliate KTVU  ."

77-year-old man brutally beaten to death outside San Francisco 7-Eleven, police say: 'Senseless violence' | Fox News

A Manhattan judge:  on Thursday ordered a monitor to oversee business practices of the Trump Organization “to ensure there is no further fraud” amid a sweeping lawsuit against the family real estate business.

NYC judge orders monitor to oversee business of Trump Organization as AG Letitia James' suit continues (nypost.com)

Twitter Perk ends:  "Twitter’s “days of rest” for employee are now a thing of the past under new owner Elon Musk, according to a report Thursday.  Twitter began offering one companywide paid rest day per month, in addition to normal paid time off, during the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic. The policy was meant to help reduce burnout among staffers. Musk is   reportedly planning to lay off   about half of Twitter’s 7,500-employee workforce, with impacted workers expected to learn their fate on Friday, according to Bloomberg. The cost-cutting effort was widely expected as Musk expressed concern that he had overpaid for the company.

Elon Musk cancels 'days of rest' at Twitter as layoffs loom (nypost.com)

What Have We Learned: 

We are witnessing a full state of panic on the left. Ironically the left didn't care about Americans for the past two years. They didn't care about inflation or the destruction of the American dollar. They didn't care about rampant crime in our cities or flooding the country with 5 million illegal migrants. It is only the prospect of losing power that scares them. The American people now have the chance to turn away from a brutal authoritarian regime. Democrats call it "democracy" and if you vote them out Joe Biden says it will be the end of democracy. He also claimed that Republicans will gut Social Security and Medicare! Obama and Hillary Clinton told the same lie. A lie they have been using for decades. Their far-left agenda has failed miserably.  They never wavered from those policies even when it was clear it would cost them in the midterms. They wanted to do it and they would do it again. Biden's divisive speech was their closing argument.

We also learned that progressives think they can simply gaslight their way out of this. Some on the left have been insisting that crime is a made-up issue ginned up by a conspiracy of right-wing media! Kathy Hochul, who is getting beat over the head with the NYC crime statistics, said:

“These are master manipulators. They have this conspiracy going all across America trying to convince people in Democratic states that they’re not as safe.”   

Hochul defends remarks on crime 'conspiracy', manipulators (nypost.com)

Finally, yesterday, Hochul at long last admitted there was a crime problem. As I said only two weeks ago, the key issue in New York is not "abortion," it's crime!

Cartoon of the Week:

Cartoon.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Honorable Mention:

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"Dr. Mehmet Oz, the Republican candidate in a crucial  U.S. Senate race  in Pennsylvania, has just passed Democrat John Fetterman, also the Pennsylvania Lt. Gov., in statewide support among likely voters for the first time, according to a new poll.

On Nov. 3, RealClearPolitics scored Oz’s support at 46.6%, while Fetterman’s post-debate support continues to fall, now to 46.3%; a difference well within the margin of error.

The lead is Oz’s first as he has trailed since the candidates won their respective primary elections in May 2022. Fetterman once held an 8.7-point lead over Oz in Aug., when Oz had just 39% support."

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

AA13JpWN.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.1  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 years ago

AA13JiML.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 years ago

The assholes on the left couldn't come up with a better narrative, so the little authoritarians are trying to save democracy.....from the people!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.3  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @1.1.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.4  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @1.1.3    2 years ago

[deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.5  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @1.1.4    2 years ago

[deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.6  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @1.1.5    2 years ago

[deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.7  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @1.1.6    2 years ago

[removed]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 years ago

Tell us you have nothing significant to add to a conversation without telling us you have nothing significant to add to a conversation.  

Gazoo
Junior Silent
1.1.9  Gazoo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.8    2 years ago

“you have nothing significant to add to a conversation”

he never does. Although i’m sure some on the left would consider bitter hatred significant. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Gazoo @1.1.9    2 years ago
“you have nothing significant to add to a conversation” he never does

thats true if you consider facts, logic, common sense, and way above average ability to communicate "nothing". 

its too bad the right wing on here isnt more funny, at least we could have a little entertainment value from it. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.12  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.10    2 years ago
facts, logic, common sense,

You mean the very things that were missing in those memes?

its too bad the right wing on here isnt more funny

now it's the left.  It's absolutely hilarious what the left falls for lately.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 years ago

He must still have voted Democrat.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.14  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.10    2 years ago

I get plenty of entertainment reading the liberals here whining about how they are abused. It is going to be even more entertaining after the elections listening to the Democrats whine and cry how it isn't fair that they lost so badly. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    2 years ago

I would hardly call the proud boys, the people for if they are, then we are damned.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.17  Nowhere Man  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.16    2 years ago
I would hardly call the proud boys, the people for if they are, then we are damned.

Got a simple question,

Where did Vic say anything about the Proud Boys in his comment your responding to?

I personally think we are damned by Antifa, who aren't the people either, but that is just an opinion...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.18  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.16    2 years ago
I would hardly call the proud boys, the people

Nor would I.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.18    2 years ago

Five of the Proud Boys are on the executive committee of the Miami Dade Republican Party and another is on the Sarasota Republican executive committee. 

If this isn't the people what is?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.20  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.19    2 years ago

Anybody can be elected to anything. That's a far cry from fucking Obama or fucking Biden inviting extremists like BLM over to the White House or Obama hiding this photo for a good 8 years:

obama.png

You see Kavika there is no comparison to the right and the radical left.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.21  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.20    2 years ago
You see Kavika there is no comparison to the right and the radical left.

Only in your mind, Vic. Some of those of the Proud Boys on the Miami Dade Republican executive committee are on trial for the action on Jan. 6th. Is that something that you support, Vic?

Oh, did you move the goal post again?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.22  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.21    2 years ago
Is that something that you support, Vic?

I've only condemned it here about 40 times, but we have yet to hear you condemn the two dozen murders that took place during the 2020 riots (in which so few were ever held accountable.) Anytime you wish to condemn the hate & violence, I'll be right here.

Oh, did you move the goal post again?

On fucking what?

Btw I miss your short stories. Are you not writing them anymore?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.22    2 years ago
I've only condemned it here about 40 times, but we have yet to hear you condemn the two dozen murders that took place during the 2020 riots (in which so few were ever held accountable.) Anytime you wish to condemn the hate & violence, I'll be right here.

Perhaps you didn't hear me condemn it because you don't listen.

On fucking what?

The comments were on the Proud Boys, that is fucking what.

Btw I miss your short stories. Are you not writing them anymore?

Yes, still writing them but there is a company interested in buying the rights to them so I don't post them here any longer, per legal advice. It could be a nice side income for doing something that I love doing.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.24  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.23    2 years ago
The comments were on the Proud Boys

and?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.24    2 years ago
and?

And you brought in Obama, Nation of Islam. Now if I wanted to go off topic I could bring in all those good folks in Charlottesville, you know the so called ''good people''.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.26  GregTx  replied to  Kavika @1.1.23    2 years ago

That's fantastic! Please let us know when you're published, I would be happy to buy a copy.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.27  Kavika   replied to  GregTx @1.1.26    2 years ago

Thank you GregTx, but nothing is confirmed at this point and I've been through this before way back in the 70s when a company bought rights to some poems that I'd written and proceeded to bury them. I really needed the money for attorney fees, bail etc back then so I sold them cheaply, that would not happen today.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.28  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.25    2 years ago
And you brought in Obama, Nation of Islam.

Well of course I did. You are trying to smear Republicans. Republican leaders don't support the Proud Boys, but Obama and Biden supported BLM and Obama sidded up to Farrahkan. 

Most people got it!

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.29  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.28    2 years ago
Well of course I did. You are trying to smear Republicans. Republican leaders don't support the Proud Boys, but Obama and Biden supported BLM and Obama sidded up to Farrahkan. 

Pointing out facts isn't trying to smear Republicans, Vic. You should speak to the Republican leaders in Miami-Dade and Sarasota before blowing smoke. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.30  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.29    2 years ago
Pointing out facts isn't trying to smear Republicans,

You were obviously smearing.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.31  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.30    2 years ago
You were obviously smearing.

Your childish habit of cherry-picking what I post is a reflection on you, Vic.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.32  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @1.1.31    2 years ago

Alas all some folks have here is cherry picking, denial, deflection, projection 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.33  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.28    2 years ago
Republican leaders don't support the Proud Boys

But the Proud Boys were 100% Trump Republicans and Trump accepted them...

, but Obama and Biden supported BLM and Obama sidded up to Farrahkan.

So BLM supported blacks rights issues? BTW, a political photo of a future President with Farrahkan means nothing. Obama repudiated Farrahkan over and over again.

Sure, someone had a political agenda. Super shocked!/s

Why did Barack Obama meet with Louis Farrakhan in 2005? - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Most people got it!

Nah, most people get it without the conspiracies.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.34  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.33    2 years ago
But the Proud Boys were 100% Trump Republicans

No politician is responsible for who likes them. Who do you think the Black Panthers voted for in 2008?

So BLM supported blacks rights issues? 

Conspiracy being the desciption given to those who question anything the left says.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.35  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.33    2 years ago
"Republican leaders don't support the Proud Boys"
"But the Proud Boys were 100% Trump Republicans and Trump accepted them..."
", but Obama and Biden supported BLM and Obama sidded up to Farrahkan."

"So BLM supported blacks rights issues? BTW, a political photo of a future President with Farrahkan means nothing. Obama repudiated Farrahkan over and over again.

Sure, someone had a political agenda. Super shocked!/s

Why did Barack Obama meet with Louis Farrakhan in 2005? - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)"

Most people got it!

BINGO!

AND A

BANGO!

AND A

BONGO!

For the truth!

And not the usual deflections

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.36  devangelical  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.14    2 years ago
It is going to be even more entertaining after the elections listening to the Democrats whine and cry how it isn't fair that they lost so badly. 

LOL

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
They didn't care about rampant crime in our cities or flooding the country with 5 million illegal migrants.

They cared about illegal migration but ONLY after a few were sent to their sanctuary cities.  Then they declared a "state of emergency" for something they set themselves up for.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago

They lost south Texas over it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    2 years ago

This space on Newstalkers has always been a complete fantasyland. The writer thinks the worst president in American history was really the best. He thinks that the fact that there was "too much" mail in voting in 2020 justifies his hero trying to overthrow the US government. 

The writer cries, not only on Fridays, but just about every day about how the "left" is unfairly attacking conservatives, and then repeatedly, as in always, describes the left and the Democrats in the most blatantly hateful ways possible. 

Its an embarrassment to this site, frankly. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

Brandon is the worst president in US history.

No amount of spin will ever save him from his fate. It is embarrassing you even try.

Two more years of his BS is two year too many.

Fuck the Democrats for everything they have done to this country over the last 7 years.

Midterms will hopefully bring the rebuke they so badly need.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1    2 years ago
Fuck the Democrats for everything they have done to this country over the last 7 years.

Sorry, Democrats are not responsible for Trump, sucking up to Putin, extorting the government of Ukraine, plotting to subvert the Constitution, inciting a violent mob to attack the national legislature, and dogwhistling white supremacists.

squiggy
Junior Silent
3.1.2  squiggy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    2 years ago
Sorry, Democrats are not responsible for

... and the other issues in the cartoon?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  squiggy @3.1.2    2 years ago

Like Obama, our friend knows how to blow the smoke!

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  Jack_TX  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1    2 years ago
Brandon is the worst president in US history.

That was nonsense when they said it about Trump and it's nonsense now.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    2 years ago

If you are going to tell a lie; then tell a fucking whopper!

Democrats are not responsible for Trump

Memory loss? Democrats and their media shills were so damn desperate for Trump to win the primaries that they gave him unlimited coverage. No other Republican candidate could gain any traction as Trump took the air out of the room. The media and Democrats hung on his every word. They got what they wanted- unfortunately Hillary was hated more than Trump; and forgot fly over country. Also her "deplorable" comment has to be one of the most stupid ever- outside of Brandon's two hate speeches.

sucking up to Putin

Listen to Mueller. Read his damn report again. Their was no "collusion". Hillary and her Democrat minions in the FBI and DOJ created that whole damn farce. TDS driven morons bought it hook line and sinker- no matter how much evidence has come out that it was all a Hillary paid for hoax.

extorting the government of Ukraine

Not according to Ukraine; or do you suddenly not believe Zelensky? 

You want to talk about extorsion? Then you should be ready to impeach Brandon the human fuck up machine who tried to extort Saudi Arabia into keeping their oil production high until after midterms. When they didn't and outed Brandon; he and the Democrats threatened to cut Saudi Arabia off. Democrats losing seats/power at mid terms is not a national emergency; no matter how Brandon spins it. That is fucking extorsion to help Democrats try and get votes!

plotting to subvert the Constitution

Can't prove it; but you keep stating it. Want to talk about subverting the Constitution? How about Democrats trying to force through a law federalizing elections? Trying to take away a right granted in the Constitution to the states! Brandon has repeatedly ignored Supreme and lower court decisions when he didn't agree with them. Stay in Mexico was ignored. Renters Moratorium was put back in place after the Supreme Court ruled against it. Brandon completely ignored Congress; and is side stepping a court injunction; with his College debt forgiveness. Congress controls the power of the purse. Not the human fuck up machine.

inciting a violent mob to attack the national legislature, and dogwhistling white supremacists.

Still can't fucking prove it no matter how much you bitch. The Jan 6th committee is winding down; and they haven't proven jack shit yet- except for how a bunch of Pelosi hand picked TDS morons can completely ignore what the committee was established. Maybe Trump should have had two marines standing behind him in full uniform at attention; while bath in a blood red light while threatening to use military force against 1/2 of the population that doesn't agree with his BS. Democrats had no problem when Brandon did it; and then doubled down with his most recent hate speech.

Tell us all about how Democrats aren't responsible for the state this country is in. But Trruuummmmppppp!!!!! is the most pathetic argument ever. Democrats deserve to lose the House and Senate. They should learn a lesson from it; but they won't. They never do. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    2 years ago
extorting the government of Ukraine 

Trump did not extort the government of Ukraine but Joe Biden did. Remember he withheld aid from them until the prosecute investigating him was fired and the investigation was ended. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1.7  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    2 years ago

But democrats are responsible for the high inflation rates, high energy prices, the rising crime rate, the recession, the crisis on the southern border and many other failures. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.6    2 years ago
Trump did not extort the government of Ukraine but Joe Biden did. Remember he withheld aid from them until the prosecute investigating him was fired and the investigation was ended. 

You are repeating a conspiracy theory that has been debunked a hundred times. What in hell is wrong with you? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.7    2 years ago
But democrats are responsible for the high inflation rates, high energy prices, the rising crime rate, the recession, the crisis on the southern border and many other failures. 

Fat chance of liberals ever acknowledging those facts.

If the Democrats were doing so great, why on earth aren't they running on their accomplishments instead of telling voters that democracy will die if the GOP wins?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.10  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.5    2 years ago
The Jan 6th committee is winding down; and they haven't proven jack shit yet- except for how a bunch of Pelosi hand picked TDS morons can completely ignore what the committee was established.

The Jan 6th committee technically can never prove (in a legal sense) anything because they are not a court of law.   But your language connotes the idea that this committee did not establish strong evidence of Trump's wrongdoing.   It expresses an attitude that ALL the sworn testimony by connected, high-ranking Republicans, is either worthless (factually wrong) or lies.   Even though these individual's political futures were compromised by testifying, you effectively dismiss their testimonies.

☞  Barr's testimony that he informed Trump his claims of a rigged election were determined to be unfounded (and ultimately labeling them as bullshit) is strong evidence that Trump was indeed aware that the election was NOT rigged yet he continued pushing his Big Lie.   

☞  Bowers' testimony that Trump asked him to authorize fake electors for Arizona provided strong evidence that Trump attempted to commit fraud.   Similarly, you can even hear Trump speaking his own words to Raffensperger asking him to find 11,000 votes so he could claim victory in Georgia by again committing fraud.

( Plenty more examples of strong evidence based on sworn testimony I will skip for brevity. )

☞  The committee clearly showed that Trump knew that an armed, violent mob of his supporters were breaking and entering the Capitol building and —in spite of pleas to act from his family, 'friends' and advisors— Trump refused to quell the mob for 3 hours.   He did, however, act within those three hours by sending a Tweet which threw Pence under the bus and added fuel to the fire.

Dismissing all of this sworn testimony is irrational.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.10    2 years ago
Dismissing all of this sworn testimony is irrational.

We are way beyond trying to cause these people to be rational. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.12  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.11    2 years ago

Clearly.   When one repeatedly posts denial of the obvious, they illustrate that they will lose credibility and look foolish in order to keep defending their cause.   It is emotional (pathetic, really), not rational, thus reasoning is pointless.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

Every bit of that is false.

The writer thinks that every egregious act committed against this country in the past 50 years has come our way via progressives.

The writer thinks that Donald Trump was a damn good President,

The writer thinks that the democrats are going to get ousted on Tuesday.

Fixed that for ya.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    2 years ago
The writer thinks that every egregious act committed against this country in the past 50 years has come our way via progressives.
  1. watergate
  2. iran/contra
  3. wmd's in iraq
  4. 9/11 done by iraq
  5. the war in afghanistan
  6. quid pro quo
  7. khashoggi murder
  8. 2020 attempted coup
  9. pardons of convicted war criminals
  10. 1/6/21

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago
The writer cries, 

As you proceed to cry.  You accuse him of crying all the while not providing a GODDAMN thing to show the author is wrong.  I'm sure your little cheerleader squad will be here soon enough with their unfounded bullshit as well.

Stop being a hypocrite for once.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.3    2 years ago

[removed]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.3.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.1    2 years ago

THERE!!!!  THERE IT IS!!!!  The tolerance we've all come to know from the liberal left.  When they get called out they resort to childish behavior like this.  All the while they expect to be treated like adults and taken seriously.

I notice you still haven't provided a GODDAMN thing to show the author is wrong. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.3.3    2 years ago

[removed]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.3.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.4    2 years ago
still haven't provided a GODDAMN thing to show the author is wrong.

Nope, you still haven't provided a GODDAMN thing to show the author is wrong.  Your success rate with this is right down there with Biden's success rate.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.3.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.3    2 years ago

Some people cannot stop. It's just in their nature.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
3.3.7  Gazoo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.3.5    2 years ago

[removwd]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.3.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.3.6    2 years ago

That's an understatement.  They play these little childish games day in and day out over some of the most inane stuff while ignoring actual problems.  Then when you call them out, you get what we see in 3.3.1.  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.4  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago
The writer cries, not only on Fridays, but just about every day about how the "left" is unfairly attacking conservatives, 

So what you're saying is that a person shouldn't bitch about the same foolish hysteria all the time.

Hmmmmmmm...........

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.4.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jack_TX @3.4    2 years ago

But TRRUUUMMMPP!!!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.4.2  Texan1211  replied to  Jack_TX @3.4    2 years ago
So what you're saying is that a person shouldn't bitch about the same foolish hysteria all the time. Hmmmmmmm...........

You mean like pushing Russian/Trump collusion for 6 years?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.5  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago
"Its an embarrassment to this site, frankly."

Doesn't come anywhere close to the ignorant and uninformed crap you post multiple times daily.....frankly.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

Truth certainly is painful sometimes isn't John?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Manchin calls for bipartisan deal to fund entitlements in next Congress

eapMnXad?format=jpg&name=small

"West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin on Thursday called for the next Congress to pass a bipartisan deal to secure long-term funding for Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid as the three major entitlement programs battle with significant funding issues.

"You're going to get your financial house in order. We cannot live with this crippling debt," Manchin   said , according to The Hill. "If we don't look at the trust funds that are going bankrupt, whether they be Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, highway, all the ones — there are tremendous problems right now."

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/manchin-calls-bipartisan-deal-fund-entitlements-next-congress?utm_source=sf&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twjs

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 years ago

There IS an ideological battle over "entitlements" particularly social security. In order to keep high earners from having to pay more in taxes, the GOP offers delayed qualification for Social Security (70 yrs old) and/or cutting benefits for those that already receive them. A few of the republicans, but not many , also suggest there could be a means test for recipients. 

What you do not see any of them agree to is raising the ceiling on payroll taxes and requiring income over 100,000 a year to be subject to payroll taxes. If higher income paid payroll taxes the issue with funding Social Security would go away for decades. 

This is why there is not and probably will not be "compromise" on this. Manchin of course sides with those that oppose appropriately making high income pay payroll taxes. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 years ago

Means testing would be the way to go. Everyone who works should pay into it, but if one gets lucky in life and earns more than $250,000 per year, then one shouldn't get the benefits. Paul Ryan used to say the big problem with the federal budget was the entitlement spending keeps growing.

Sadly for democrats, this will not be much of an issue on Tuesday's election.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    2 years ago
  • Increasing or eliminating Social Security’s cap on taxable wages , now $118,500 a year. Raising the cap would help mitigate the erosion of Social Security’s payroll tax base caused by rising wage inequality.  Most workers’ taxes would not change, while the degree of increase in high earners’ taxes would depend on whether the cap were raised or eliminated.  Raising the tax cap could increase higher earners’ benefits as well, depending on how policymakers treated newly taxed earnings.   Changes to the tax cap could close roughly a quarter to nearly nine-tenths of Social Security’s solvency gap, depending on how they were structured.

https://www.cbpp.org/research/social-security/increasing-payroll-taxes-would-strengthen-social-security#:~:text=Increasing%20or%20eliminating%20Social%20Security%E2%80%99s%20cap%20on%20taxable,payroll%20tax%20base%20caused%20by%20rising%20wage%20inequality.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    2 years ago

Why would you want to allow people who make over $250,000 to draw benefits from Social Security?

What they are paying into it now combined with what is left from those who die before retrirement age should be adequate to keep the program solvent.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 years ago
What you do not see any of them agree to is raising the ceiling on payroll taxes and requiring income over 100,000 a year to be subject to payroll taxes.

Correct.

Because you're not going to agree to proportional increases in their benefits.

So you're really just trying to redistribute wealth... again.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.4    2 years ago

We "could" solve a great deal of the problems of Social Security without raising the elegibility age or cutting benefits. The Republicans dont want to, which is why we see a jackass like Ron Johnson saying these programs should be reevaluated every year (in other words subject to political whim and expediency). 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.6  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.5    2 years ago
We "could" solve a great deal of the problems of Social Security without raising the elegibility age or cutting benefits. 

By getting somebody else to pay your bills.

I'm sorry to break this to you, but you are not actually entitled to endless amounts of other people's money.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.1.7  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 years ago

If nothing is done to fix Social Security, when the trust fund runs empty it will automatically reduce the payments being made.  Retirees can expect their monthly payments to drop between 20% and 30% if nothing is done.  I've laid out some steps previously and the usual members bitch about it.  

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.1.8  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.5    2 years ago

They need to do a lot more than just eliminating the cap on taxable wages as that will not bring enough money into Social Security to maintain the outflow.

In 2022, an average of 66 million Americans per month will receive a Social Security
benefit, totaling over one trillion dollars in benefits paid during the year.
Snapshot of a Month: June 2022 Beneficiary Data

ο Retired workers 47.9 million $80.0 billion $1,669 average monthly benefit dependents 2.8 million $2.3 billion
ο Disabled workers 7.8 million $10.6 billion $1,362 average monthly benefit dependents 1.3 million $0.5 billion
ο Survivors 5.9 million $7.8 billion 

In 1940, the life expectancy of a 65-year-old was almost 14 years; today it is over 20
years.
 The number of Americans 65 and older will increase from about 58 million in 2022 to about 76 million by 2035. 1
 In 2022, there are an estimated 2.8 covered workers per each Social Security beneficiary. By 2035, the Trustees estimate there will be 2.3 covered workers for each
beneficiary

And looking at the Actuarial Status of Social Security Funds:

2021 Fiscal Year         Income  :  $1,118 Billion          Out go :   $1,107 Billion         Net Change :  $11 Billion

2022 Fiscal Year         Income :  $1,088 Billion           Out go :  $1,145 Billion          Net Change :  -$56 Billion

The Trustees project that OASDI annual cost will exceed total income throughout the 75-year projection period. After the projected trust fund reserve depletion in 2035, continuing income would be sufficient to pay 80 percent of program cost, declining to 74 percent for 2096.

From the first link, you can see that in 2022 there are an estimated 2.8 workers for each Social Security beneficiary, but that number drops again so that by 2035 there will be 2.3 workers for each beneficiary.  The only way to keep up the funding is to take a higher percentage of each workers income as just removing the cap won't bring in enough funding to cover the gap.

Obviously there would be a huge outcry if SS taxes were increased to say 20% of a workers paycheck so we really need to find better solutions to fixing the problem.  You stated that 

We "could" solve a great deal of the problems of Social Security without raising the elegibility age or cutting benefits.

How could we do this?  What is your solution? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @4.1.8    2 years ago

I dont think we can project Social Security out for 75 years and say we have to secure funding for that time period. Right now it has to done in smaller increments. Taxing higher incomes with the payroll tax will have to be part of the solution.

Raise the eligibility age to 70?  Thats not going to happen, not at this time. Too many people do backbreaking or incredibly tedious jobs that they cannot sustain to the age of 70.  People should work at that age because they want to, not because they have to in order to make sure they can buy a loaf of bread when they are 80. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.1.10  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.9    2 years ago

The SS trust fund has always been a long-term funding project and they have to plan long-term or they will be caught short when the next large batch of retirees hits.  Nowhere in there do they say they have secure funding for the next 75 years, it says they PLAN for the next 75 years.  

Ok, and I've been onboard for eliminating the salary cap on the SS payroll tax all along.  I believe that everybody should pay that payroll tax on all money they earn.  But that's not enough to offset the expenditures.  This recent fiscal year had a shortfall of $56 Billion and they have been projecting the trust fund being drained for many years now.  This is an issue that has been pushed off by politicians for many years, the dreaded third rail of American politics.  We can no longer allow Congress to do nothing on this problem, it's now an almost immediate issue. I believe that more must be done other than just remove the salary cap.

Changes I would like to see made :

1.  Raise early retirement form 62 to 65.
  2. Raise full retirement from 67 to 70.
  3. Remove the salary cap for the payroll tax, all income should be subject to SS taxes.
  4. Raise the Social Security tax rate from 12.4% to 14%.
  5. Set a means test for receiving SS benefits, if  your income for the year is > $150k do you really need to also draw on a SS payment?

Just raising the full retirement age to 70 doesn't mean that a person MUST work until 70 before they can start to draw, you should know that by now.  A person can take early retirement if they are unable or unwilling to work past 65.  But doing nothing will only result in reduced benefits for everybody and as normal the poorest will be hit the hardest.  

People should work at that age because they want to, not because they have to in order to make sure they can buy a loaf of bread when they are 80. 

As the average savings for a person who is 55 to 64 is only $408k, it is obvious they are expecting Social Security to make up the difference when they retire.  If nothing is done it won't be long before the trust fund is depleted and those people lives are severely impacted.  

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.11  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 years ago
There IS an ideological battle over "entitlements" particularly social security. In order to keep high earners from having to pay more in taxes, the GOP offers delayed qualification for Social Security (70 yrs old) and/or cutting benefits for those that already receive them. A few of the republicans, but not many , also suggest there could be a means test for recipients. 

What you do not see any of them agree to is raising the ceiling on payroll taxes and requiring income over 100,000 a year to be subject to payroll taxes. If higher income paid payroll taxes the issue with funding Social Security would go away for decades. 

This is why there is not and probably will not be "compromise" on this. Manchin of course sides with those that oppose appropriately making high income pay payroll taxes. 

Payroll taxes are already over 15 pct.  And Soc. Sec. is already means tested in the tax code.  There aren't a lot of options, either.  The only solutions being put forward by Republicans and Democrats are to either raise taxes or limit eligibility.  But the root problem has been neoliberal policies adopted by both Republicans and Democrats that have severely weakened our economy and gifted everything in the economy to the financial sector. 

The only real fix for entitlements is to reestablish an economy that grows by producing things.  Soc. Sec. was specifically designed for an industrial capitalist economy.  Soc. Sec. was not designed for a financial services economy.  Either the entitlements have to go or neoliberalism has to go.  The impending insolvency of Soc. Sec. is the canary in the coal mine.  The growing problems associated with entitlements really does provide proof that neoliberal favoritism toward a financial services economy has been a disaster for the country.

Don't play coy by denying Democrats have used entitlements to buy votes.  Don't play coy by denying Democrats have pursued neoliberal finance-based policies.  Obamacare is neoliberalism on steroids.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.12  Jack_TX  replied to  Nerm_L @4.1.11    2 years ago
Soc. Sec. was specifically designed for an industrial capitalist economy.

Social Security was specifically designed for people to die within 4-6 years after they started collecting.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
4.1.13  Revillug  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.12    2 years ago
Social Security was specifically designed for people to die within 4-6 years after they started collecting.

That's why Covid is a leftist deep state plot invented in a Chinese lab funded by American dollars.

The Millennial deep state leftists would rather kill off old people with a deadly virus than have their parents move in with them.

[Do I really need to point out this is sarcasm?]

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.14  Jack_TX  replied to  Revillug @4.1.13    2 years ago
Do I really need to point out this is sarcasm?

No.  You might need to actually look at some math, though.  Unless of course you think math is a conspiracy theory.

Social Security was created in 1935 so that workers 65 and over could have a social insurance program in their retirement.

The average life expectancy in 1935 was 60 years for men and 64 years for women.  The program was designed on the actuarial assumption that most beneficiaries wouldn't live long enough to collect for decades.  

The program was never designed to pay for tens of millions of people living into their 80's or 90's.  The math doesn't work.  

When the program initially got rolling, there were 160 workers paying in for every beneficiary.  By 2013 that had dropped to 2.8 workers for every beneficiary.  Again, the original assumption was that beneficiaries would not live long enough to accumulate into tens of millions.

If SS didn't exist and you tried to enact it today, people would lump you in with MGT, AOC and all the other people who don't do math or science.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
4.1.15  Revillug  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.14    2 years ago
The program was never designed to pay for tens of millions of people living into their 80's or 90's.  The math doesn't work. 

Then do the rest of us a favor and drop dead.

[Do I really need to point at that this is sarcasm?]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.16  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.14    2 years ago
The average life expectancy in 1935 was 60 years for men and 64 years for women.  The program was designed on the actuarial assumption that most beneficiaries wouldn't live long enough to collect for decades.  

According to what you said, most people would never collect, since they would be dead. Of course, we know that some outlived the average, still kind of sucks to pay into a program and not reap what one had sowed. btw.. the number of people alive over 65 was 6,180,000/ 103,000,000, with the average life expediency being 64.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/

Today, we have the largest number of people (the baby boomers) entering their senior years. Right now we have 56 million adults over the age of 65. Because we live longer, many people opt not to take their SS, till they are at least 70. The average life span is 74, which means that a lot of people will die before they get their full amount. Also, the US population has grown to 332M, which is more than 3 times the population in 1935. So to compare, the over 65 population has grown about 7 times while the total US  population has grown about 3 times it was in 1935. The math is still not great, but it is not as bad as implied, and this senior group is an anomaly since it was the single largest group in US history.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.17  Jack_TX  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.16    2 years ago
According to what you said, most people would never collect, since they would be dead.

That's correct.  Which is how the math worked.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.18  Nerm_L  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.12    2 years ago

Really?  The problem with that argument is that my generation not only paid for those who had retired before us, we also created a substantial surplus for our own retirement.  

It wasn't the people paying the taxes that created a policy of 2 pct inflation to destroy the value of those savings.  It wasn't the people paying the taxes that created an economy that favored a skim taken by merchants and financial middlemen.  Those paying payroll taxes didn't ship their own jobs offshore.  Those paying payroll taxes didn't close the mines, smelters, and factories.  Those paying payroll taxes did not gift the economy to the financial sector.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.4    2 years ago
So you're really just trying to redistribute wealth... again.

The liberals' plans for wealth redistribution thus far have apparently failed for the most part. Sure, Biden redistributed a bunch of college debt, but that is still being looked at to make sure it was even legal for him to just unilaterally dismiss debts.

One thing I have never heard from a liberal is how removing caps on SS earnings will affect those benefits for those having to pay yet more to support others.

Hey, maybe if Biden can just forgive debts so easily, maybe he can wave his magic wand and say if you ever have had student loans forgiven, there will never be a cap on your SS earnings that are taxable,?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.20  Nerm_L  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.16    2 years ago
Today, we have the largest number of people (the baby boomers) entering their senior years. Right now we have 56 million adults over the age of 65. Because we live longer, many people opt not to take their SS, till they are at least 70. The average life span is 74, which means that a lot of people will die before they get their full amount. Also, the US population has grown to 332M, which is more than 3 times the population in 1935. So to compare, the over 65 population has grown about 7 times while the total US  population has grown about 3 times it was in 1935. The math is still not great, but it is not as bad as implied, and this senior group is an anomaly since it was the single largest group in US history.

Those baby boomers were required to pay higher payroll taxes and build a surplus in the Soc. Sec. trust fund, too.  Those baby boomers were also expected to save more than just payroll taxes using 401k plans, IRAs, and other savings.  In 2021 the United States experienced record retirement savings of almost $40 trillion across all the various types of savings.

Over the last 40 years policymakers have adopted monetary policy based upon a sustained 2 pct inflation rate.  Inflation destroys the value of savings and favors profit making from lending.  The financial sector had planned to take all the retirement savings of the country 40 years ago when payroll taxes were increased and tax deferred retirement savings were put in place.

The size of the Federal budget in 1982, when Ronald Reagan took office, was $745 billion (with a deficit of $128 billion).  Money doesn't go as far today as it did 40 years ago.  The people paying increased payroll taxes aren't responsible for wrecking the economy and shrinking the value of those retirement savings.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.21  Jack_TX  replied to  Nerm_L @4.1.18    2 years ago
Really? 

Yes.  That was the actuarial calculation at the time.

Those paying payroll taxes did not gift the economy to the financial sector.

OK, fine. 

None of that changes the fact that the program was designed around people who didn't stay retired for more than a couple of years before they died.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.22  JBB  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.21    2 years ago

It was supposed to be an insurance against old age poverty.

Everyone gets it now so it is now an entitlement. With means testing the program could be as it was originally meant to be.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.23  Nerm_L  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.21    2 years ago
OK, fine.  None of that changes the fact that the program was designed around people who didn't stay retired for more than a couple of years before they died.

Eligibility for full Soc. Sec. benefits have been raised to 66.5 which was an adjustment for longer life expectancy.  Soc. Sec. wasn't designed for early retirement at reduced benefits, either.

The real actuarial data doesn't support the contention that people achieving age 65 were only supposed to live another 2 or 3 years.  In fact, those who reached age 65 were expected to receive benefits for 12 to 15 years. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.24  Nerm_L  replied to  JBB @4.1.22    2 years ago
It was supposed to be an insurance against old age poverty. Everyone gets it now so it is now an entitlement. With means testing the program could be as it was originally meant to be.

Eligibility for Soc. Sec. has not been means tested.  Soc. Sec. has been means tested in the tax code.  Soc. Sec. benefits are subject to income taxes.  But the taxes collected from Soc. Sec. benefits are not returned to Soc. Sec.; that tax revenue is placed in the general fund.

So, the means testing through taxation has really been a way to raid Soc. Sec. for other government spending.  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.25  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @4.1.22    2 years ago
With means testing the program could be as it was originally meant to be.

Title II of the original 1935 legislation created the old-age component.  It provided benefits who were age 65 or older if they were "insured" by the program. To be 'insured" required at least 5 years employment in jobs covered by the program, and earned total wages of at least $2,000 in those jobs. 

Most workers or about 60% of the work force, were originally required to participate in the Old-Age Insurance program. Groups excluded from the program were government workers, railroad employees,the self-employed, farm and domestic workers, and employees of nonprofit organizations.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.26  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.9    2 years ago

There was secure finding for SS until the 70's when the liberals/democrats saw that big pile of money that they couldn't use and changed the laws so they could spend the SS find for things like their war in Vietnam and social give away programs to buy voted. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

And another one's gone!

ezb1CVzG?format=jpg&name=small

"CNN replaced its long-struggling morning show "New Day" with a heavily promoted program centered around   left-wing host Don Lemon,   but viewership issues remained the same.  

The launch of "CNN This Morning" attracted only 387,000 total viewers on Tuesday, when the ensemble morning program featuring Lemon, Poppy Harlow and Kaitlan Collins officially replaced "New Day." By comparison, MSNBC’s "Morning Joe" managed 793,000 viewers and "FOX & Friends" averaged 1.5 million on the same morning. 

"New Day," infamous in media circles for its   inability to attract large audiences , averaged 413,000 daily viewers in 2022 before it was canceled — a larger audience than "CNN This Morning" was able to muster in its debut. "

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    2 years ago

Good Lord, it sure took CNN long enough to dump that loser Lemon's show!jrSmiley_50_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.1    2 years ago

They tend to be activists, who are willing to operate at a loss.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.1    2 years ago

Looks like anchors are in the cross (no pun intended) hairs and it's contagious..........

Tiffany Cross , the MSNBC weekend host who was known for running the freewheeling Saturday commentary program “Cross Connection,” is leaving the NBCUniversal-owned cable-news outlet.

Her production staff was informed of the decision Friday morning, according to three people familiar with the matter. MSNBC declined to make executives available for comment, and Cross could not be reached for immediate comment.

MSNBC decided not to renew Cross’ contract after two years, according to one of these people, and severed ties with her immediately. A rotating group of anchors will lead her weekend hours until a replacement is found, and the production staff assigned to her show are believed to be likely to stay in place.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.2    2 years ago

Now if they would get rid of Joy Reid and the witch patrol on The View, it would really be almost a clean sweep!

Revillug
Freshman Participates
5.2  Revillug  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    2 years ago

Progressives have jobs to go to while retired people watch Fox & Friends or Morning Joe on their bedroom TV sets.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Revillug @5.2    2 years ago

Got news for you. I'm retired from the military and my civilian career after that. I still work now just as much now, if not more,  than I did when I had a regular steady job!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.2  TᵢG  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2.1    2 years ago

Keeps you young, Ed.    Best to always have a project or two to challenge yourself mentally and physically and to maintain the consistency of purpose in your life.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.2    2 years ago

My 11 year old granddaughter who lives with me and I am helping her single mother raise who live with me does that for me. A challenge I happily accept. She keeps me going and keeps me on my toes.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.2.4  pat wilson  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2.3    2 years ago

There's a lot to be said for the households back in the day where multi-generations lived together. There were a lot of practical reasons for that. So many benefits.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.2    2 years ago

I turned 68 years young last month. I can still sometimes give my 27 year old grandson a good run for his money despite having moderate to severe Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.2.6  Kavika   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2.5    2 years ago
I can still sometimes give my 27 year old grandson a good run for his money despite having moderate to severe Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Youth and inexperience can never get the better of old age, experience and cunning. I just trip mine.

I am currently retired from being retired.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
5.2.7  Revillug  replied to  pat wilson @5.2.4    2 years ago
There's a lot to be said for the households back in the day where multi-generations lived together.

It sure made it easier for Covid to reduce some of the excess population in households that still live like that.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Does anyone know why CDC Dir. Walensky has had Covid twice in 9 days?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
6.1  Revillug  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 years ago
Does anyone know why CDC D ir. Walensky has had Covid twice in 9 days?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Revillug @6.1    2 years ago

President Joe Biden: "I'm already being told if [Republicans] win back the House and Senate, they're going to impeach me. I don't know what the hell they're going to impeach me for."

Fg9kmY_aMAEPBps?format=jpg&name=small

https:// bit.ly/3Uebdx2

What a dumb son of a bitch we have in the White House!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.1    2 years ago

What the fuck ARE they going to impeach him for?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.2    2 years ago

This:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.3    2 years ago

Nonsense

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.4    2 years ago

You'll see what "Nonsense" looks like tomorrow night.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.5    2 years ago

Come on. It is not going to be a shocker. We all know the reps are going to win the House. It is the Senate wobbling and whether or not they will have complete control.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @6.1.6    2 years ago

No you come on Ender. They ran the country into the ground.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.8  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.7    2 years ago

So the country is on its knees right now? Could have fooled me...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.3    2 years ago

More partisan abuse of impeachment.   It is not just the irresponsible, power-hungry partisans in Congress responsible for this abuse; they are emboldened by their irresponsible, emotional supporters.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @6.1.8    2 years ago
So the country is on its knees right now? Could have fooled me...

Go ask one of your fellow democrats.....one that lost a good paying job because of a vaccine mandate.  That would be a great place for you to start.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.9    2 years ago

Did he or did he not fail to secure our borders?

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.12  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.10    2 years ago

Ha. I could care less about some idiot that would refuse a vaccination.

And here I thought the mantra of the right was freedom of companies to do what they want...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @6.1.12    2 years ago
Ha. I could care less

And that is why tomorrow night is going to be a bloodbath for the fucking left.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.11    2 years ago

There is the problem right there … you want to use impeachment as punishment/remedy for policies with which you disagree.   That is irresponsible.

BTW, I am against Biden’s handling of the border too, but I understand that this is not an impeachable offense and that our system handles situations like this through elections.    

On top of that, what level of misguided thinking would seek to make Harris the PotUS?    

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.14    2 years ago
There is the problem right there … you want to use impeachment as punishment/remedy for policies with which you disagree.

That's not a legitimate policy. He violated his oath. That was done willfully. 

On top of that, what level of misguided thinking would seek to make Harris the PotUS?    

It is not misguided to stand by the Constitution. Biden gets impeached and Harris can't do any worse than he did. Then what do you think happens in 2024?  I have a feeling it's DeSantis time.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.15    2 years ago
That's not a legitimate policy. He violated his oath. That was done willfully. 

Stick with sound criticism.   When you leap to extreme rhetoric your comments lose credibility.   An example of sound criticism is that Biden has intentionally not focused on securing our border to the level many (if not most) Americans would consider proper.   The remedy is to vote him out of office; impeachment is abuse of the CotUS.

It is not misguided to stand by the Constitution. 

Yeah, Vic, and using impeachment as a partisan weapon is abuse of the CotUS.   You argue this nonsense and then turn around and accuse the Ds of abusing impeachment?   You recognize wrongdoing if by Ds but embrace it as good when done by the Rs.   

Biden gets impeached and Harris can't do any worse than he did. 

Harris is far less qualified and competent than Biden IMO.   She was a poor choice for V.P. and a horrid choice for PotUS.    Partisan 'thinking' resulting in extremely poor judgment.   

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.17  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.5    2 years ago

Bingo!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.16    2 years ago
"Yeah, Vic, and using impeachment as a partisan weapon is abuse of the CotUS.   You argue this nonsense and then turn around and accuse the Ds of abusing impeachment?   You recognize wrongdoing if by Ds but embrace it as good when done by the Rs."  

BINGO!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.19  arkpdx  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.14    2 years ago
On top of that, what level of misguided thinking would seek to make Harris the PotUS 

I think we have our first point of agreement. On a similar note, how could there have been 80,000,000 misguided people that wanted Biden as POTUS?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.20  TᵢG  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.19    2 years ago

Because he was running against Trump.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.21  arkpdx  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.20    2 years ago

Well that was a poor decision on their part. As a told you before, Trump has an awful personality but the policies he promoted were excellent whereas Biden's are atrocious. His border policies were A number one, while Biden suck. And his three nominees for the Supreme Court are top notch Biden's one is questionable. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.22  TᵢG  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.21    2 years ago

I suspect that the sensible people of the USA did not think a person of Trump's abysmal character should be trusted with the power of the presidency.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.23  arkpdx  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.22    2 years ago

At this point I would trust Trump infinitely more than I trust the boob that is sleeping in the the white house ( and many in appropriate places) now and certainly more than his second in line. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.1.24  Gsquared  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.23    2 years ago
I would trust Trump

It's hard to image that anyone could make that comment and be serious.  No one trusts Trump.  Not even his closest relatives.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.1.25  Gsquared  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.21    2 years ago
his three nominees for the Supreme Court are top notch

Trump's three nominees for the Supreme Court have a combined IQ of -387.  It's a surprise that any of them are even capable of dressing themselves in the morning.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.26  Sean Treacy  replied to  Gsquared @6.1.25    2 years ago

[deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.27  TᵢG  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.23    2 years ago
At this point I would trust Trump infinitely more than I trust the boob that is sleeping in the the white house ...

Was a reply to this:

TiG@6.1.22I suspect that the sensible people of the USA did not think a person of Trump's abysmal character should be trusted with the power of the presidency.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.28  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.21    2 years ago
As a told you before, Trump has an awful personality but the policies he promoted were excellent whereas Biden's are atrocious.

You suffer from the misapprehension that the only thing that makes Trump unfit is his personality. No one cares about his personality , as obnoxious as it is, and I really dont think most Americans want their president to be an asshole. 

Trump is unethical. That is not personality. He is a crook. That is not personality. He is a pathological liar. That is not personality. He abused the power of his office, that is not personality. He broke our laws, that is not personality. 

Your argument is that the only thing wrong with Trump is that he makes "mean tweets". That is nonsense. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.29  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.28    2 years ago
Trump is unethical. That is not personality. He is a crook. That is not personality. He is a pathological liar. That is not personality. He abused the power of his office, that is not personality. He broke our laws, that is not personality. 

For emphasis.   It is about character, honesty, ethics, etc.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.30  arkpdx  replied to  Gsquared @6.1.24    2 years ago

I said I would trust Trump more than the dementia riddled idiot that is the current occupant of the white house or his second in charge. You all don't like it if someone takes your comments out of context , don't do it to mine. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.31  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.28    2 years ago
He is a crook. 

Prove it.  

He is a pathological liar. 

And dim bulb Biden isn't. Are you saying that Beau died in Iraq? Did you believe that Putin was the cause of inflation or any of the dozens of other excuses that have been made. Are trying to tell me that gas prices were not averaging $2.39 in January of 2921 but we're at $5 per gallon? You mean there weren American citizens left behind in Afghanistan? And you also must think that the southern border is secure and that there were not 5,000,000 illegal aliens that have crossed the border including some 500,000 that were not caught. 

Those are only some of the "facts" Biden has tried to get past us. 

Your argument is that the only thing wrong with Trump is that he makes "mean tweets".

I never said that. I did say the policies that he enacted were and are far superior to the ass we have the great misfortune of having as president at this time. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.32  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.31    2 years ago
He is a crook. 
Prove it.  

Trump University. The Trump charity. Tax fraud. Misrepresenting condo occupancy rates. Manipulation of bankruptcy for personal financial benefit. Misrepresenting real estate values in order to avoid taxes. Campaign law violations related to paying off a porn star. Theres much more, but I dont feel like looking it all up right now. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.33  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.31    2 years ago

washingtonmonthly.com   /2020/10/11/trump-is-the-most-crooked-president-in-american-history-that-should-matter/

Trump Is The Most Crooked President in American History. That Should Matter.

David Atkins 6-8 minutes   10/11/2020

Gage Skidmore/Flickr

One of Donald Trump’s greatest political talents–if you can call it that–is the ability to kick up such a whirlwind of chaos that it becomes easy to lose sight of simple moral baselines. Actions and stories that would functionally end other presidencies are forgotten within days as the bright bouncy orange ball moves to the next outrage and shatters the next norm. Opponents are left wondering whether to five the next five-alarm fire, or try to focus on rebuilding the crumbling foundations of governance from the last fire.

That is in part what has happened over Trump’s personal financial behavior. For years, Americans of decency have eagerly awaited the disclosure of Donald Trump’s personal and organizational tax records, knowing that they were likely to reveal massive corruption, potentially leading to a crisis of government, impeachment, resignation or any other consequence of note. But Trump’s chaos tornado, particularly in the context of a historic pandemic, has essentially nullified the consequences of what should be earth-shattering revelations.

When the   New York Times   released   the main story   on Trump’s tax-dodging and enormous personal debts, it basically had no impact on public polling and lasted about one to two days in the national news cycle. This is in part because Trump has so debased expectations for his own behavior and public service that everyone   knows   he’s a crook–even his own supporters–but either they don’t care or they were already opposing him, anyway. But it’s also because who has time to worry about whether the president is a tax cheat when he is actively spreading a deadly virus at the highest levels of government, sabotaging the Postal Service and refusing to accept the results of a free and fair election? This in spite of the fact that we absolutely   must   care about these things. After all, the president is $421 million in debt. Whoever owns his debt, including potential foreign adversaries,   could essentially be running national policy!  Even if we believe we cannot afford to pay attention to it given the rest of the hurricane winds, we still must manage to maintain our focus.

More recently, the  New York Times   landed even more details of Trump’s historic crookedness. On Friday October 9th we learned that Trump   likely committed   $21 million of concurrent tax fraud and campaign finance fraud by funneling money through a shell corporation, then giving it his 2016 presidential campaign while taking it as a tax write-off. If true, those are felonies for which other mortals could do years of jail time. And there was a quid pro quo in exchange that   should , if they were halfway honest about their supposed principles, infuriate conservatives: Trump’s casino magnate friends who helped pony up the money are now getting approval for a Los Angeles-to-Las Vegas train that Republicans refused to greenlight for Obama. This is a matter of enormous personal and public corruption.

Then on Saturday October 10th we   learned the details   of something even more damning that good government advocates have long suspected: Trump is actively selling access to special interests in exchange for personal gain. This goes well beyond the usual legalized bribery of American government in which lobbyists help supply campaign cash in exchange for special access to legislators’ ears. This is direct cash gifts to Trump businesses and Trump’s personal bottom line, in direct exchange for policy favors:

But Mr. Trump did not merely fail to end Washington’s insider culture of lobbying and favor-seeking. He reinvented it, turning  his own hotels and resorts   into the Beltway’s new back rooms, where public and private business mix and special interests reign…

Federal tax-return data for Mr. Trump and his business empire, which was   disclosed by The New York Times last month , showed that even as he leveraged his image as a successful businessman to win the presidency, large swaths of his real estate holdings were under financial stress, racking up losses over the preceding decades.

Federal tax-return data for Mr. Trump and his business empire, which was  disclosed by The New York Times last month , showed that even as he leveraged his image as a successful businessman to win the presidency, large swaths of his real estate holdings were under financial stress, racking up losses over the preceding decades.

But once Mr. Trump was in the White House, his family business discovered a lucrative new revenue stream: people who wanted something from the president. An investigation by The Times found over 200 companies, special-interest groups and foreign governments that patronized Mr. Trump’s properties while reaping benefits from him and his administration. Nearly a quarter of those patrons have not been previously reported.

This is public corruption on a scale unseen in American history, even in the 19th century Gilded Age. Leave aside his destructive public policy, his personal odiousness, his lurches toward authoritarianism, his encouragement of the worst elements in society and his abrogation of norms and decency.

Donald Trump is also hands down the most corrupt president in American history. That should mean something. It should be a big part of our national discourse as we approach Election Day. It should be a major focus on the remaining presidential debate, and the questions that are asked of both presidential candidates, as well as candidates for Senate and Congress who, if the president is re-elected, may once again be called as prosecutors and juries in future impeachment trials.

If it ceases to matter whether the president is historically corrupt, there isn’t much of a country left to save. Even in the midst of chaos, we must demand more of ourselves, of our government, and of the media that covers it.

Follow David on Twitter   @DavidOAtkins . David Atkins is a writer, activist and research professional living in Santa Barbara. He is a contributor to the Washington Monthly's Political Animal and president of The Pollux Group, a qualitative research firm.

More by David Atkins

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.1.34  Gsquared  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.30    2 years ago

Would you trust Trump or not?  It's that simple.  Those were your words.  Unlike you, I don't make up and pretend people said things they never said.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.35  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.32    2 years ago

Which one or ones of those was he convicted of in criminal court? 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.36  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.33    2 years ago

An opinion pieces proves nothing. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.37  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.36    2 years ago

Click on the links in the article. It is far more than just "opinion". 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.38  arkpdx  replied to  Gsquared @6.1.34    2 years ago
Unlike you, I don't make up and pretend people said things they never said.

You just take words out of context. What is actually said is 

At this point I would trust Trump infinitely more than I trust the boob that is sleeping in the the white house ( and many in appropriate places) now and certainly more than his second in line. 

So I already answered your question. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.1.39  Gsquared  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.38    2 years ago

OK.  In your own words.  You would trust Trump.  Nothing taken out of context.

I repeat my original comment.  It's hard to imagine anyone could say "I would trust Trump" and be serious.  In any context.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.40  arkpdx  replied to  Gsquared @6.1.39    2 years ago

I said I would trust him over the boob in the white house currently. I do not trust Biden to do the right thing. So far he hadn't disappointed me. Biden could screw up a fool proof plan. 

Tell me why do ignore the second half of my comment?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.1.41  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.13    2 years ago

And that is why tomorrow night is going to be a bloodbath for the fucking left.

Lol.  Hardly.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.42  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.1.41    2 years ago

I can't be right all the time.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.43  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.42    2 years ago

How about never?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.44  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.43    2 years ago

How about telling the truth?

Ask Igknorantzrulz, who was the only one with enough guts to bet with me.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.1.45  Gsquared  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.40    2 years ago

What does the "second half" of your comment have to do with whether you would trust Trump?  Answer:  Nothing.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.47  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.40    2 years ago
I said I would trust him over the boob in the white house currently. I do not trust Biden to do the right thing. So far he hadn't disappointed me. Biden could screw up a fool proof plan.  Tell me why do ignore the second half of my comment?

Because ignoring and taking things out of context is the 'way' to debate today!

It is about character, honesty, and ethics, something sorely lacking in people who engage thusly.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.48  arkpdx  replied to  Gsquared @6.1.45    2 years ago

Well since you obviously are having trouble with what I wrote perhaps you should have someone intelligent read it and explain it to you. I am done trying and I am all out crayons to help you understand. Now just go away please. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.49  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.13    2 years ago

Seems the bloodbath for the fucking left turned out to be this:

313440713_10225910565484526_9140196280708618087_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=xFUnDeC157cAX_P8wxm&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=00_AfAVEOPRAOAvvLeBaKn0sNHhl7LgXm1Nn4q5cx024aG3yg&oe=637253C3

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.50  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.32    2 years ago

No name something criminal that he has been convicted of. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.51  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.33    2 years ago

Opinion pieces don't count

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.52  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.50    2 years ago

Go down with the Trump ship. See if he cares. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.53  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.52    2 years ago

Why do some continue to (attempt to) defend Trump?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.54  arkpdx  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.53    2 years ago

It is called justice and fair play. Some of us don't like people accused of something unjustly. 

Tell me. Why do some people allow Trump to occupy their minds 24/7/365?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.55  TᵢG  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.54    2 years ago
It is called justice and fair play.

Hardly, it is irrational, irresponsible and unpatriotic.    You and others will not even acknowledge that Trump has done wrong in his Big Lie campaign, holding of TS/SCI documents, etc.   

Tell me. Why do some people allow Trump to occupy their minds 24/7/365?

I doubt that anyone does.   You are exaggerating.   But I will tell you that the reason people object to Trump and Trumpism is that it continues and is damaging to both the GoP and the nation.

Real simple, when Trump goes away so will the commentary.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1.56  devangelical  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.54    2 years ago
Why do some people allow Trump to occupy their minds 24/7/365?
It is called justice and fair play.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.57  arkpdx  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.55    2 years ago
holding of TS/SCI documents 

Do you hold Hillary as wrong for holding classified documents and possibly even illegally destroying some?Do you want to hold her accountable for the fake Russian file she commissioned? Will you hold her guilty of trying to get electors to be in faithful?

I doubt that anyone does. 

Your kidding right? Do you read the same NT that I do? There is at least one person here that post one or more article a day about Trump. And when he does there are many more that support him. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.58  arkpdx  replied to  devangelical @6.1.56    2 years ago
justice and fair play.

You don't know the meaning of those words. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.59  TᵢG  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.57    2 years ago
Do you hold Hillary as wrong for holding classified documents and possibly even illegally destroying some?

Of course she was wrong for using a private server for SoS business (and thus the consequential security problems).

You, however, can find Hillary wrong yet cannot acknowledge the major league wrongdoings of Trump.  It is pathetic.

Your [sic] kidding right? 

No, your extreme 24x7x365 is a ridiculous exaggeration.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.60  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.59    2 years ago

From what I have heard, I could be wrong, her using a server was not even illegal at the time. They changed the rules after her.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.61  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ender @6.1.60    2 years ago

Storing classified information on a private server has always been illegal. 

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.62  Ender  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.61    2 years ago

Classified or not her using the server was not illegal.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.63  arkpdx  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.59    2 years ago

I don't bring up Hillary every day and sometimes several times a day. I do when I try to show the lefts hypocrisy when I comes to Trump. Personally as far as I am concerned both Hillary and Trump are old news and don't need to be discussed daily. 

I said this before. I do not like Trump's personality and I did not vote for him in either primary. I did vote for him in both general election because as bad as he was he was still better than the alternative as we are see in biden's term. His policies were number one and we're good for America. Biden screwed things up by ending them. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.64  arkpdx  replied to  Ender @6.1.62    2 years ago

Not turning over the server and the days it contained was illegal. She was under a court order not to delete anything from it and she did. And since it was found to contain classified material, having her attorneys go through it may also have been illegal since I doubt the had proper clearances. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.65  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ender @6.1.62    2 years ago

Why are you so certain?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.66  TᵢG  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.63    2 years ago

Hillary was over in 2016; Trump is still heavily in the news.   What Trump did in his Big Lie is in a different league than Hillary or any other presidential candidate.   Your comparison thus is completely off-base.

Was Trump wrong to enact his Big Lie campaign of lying, coercion, frivolous litigation, subornation and incitement?   You continue to dodge that question.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1.67  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.5    2 years ago
You'll see what "Nonsense" looks like tomorrow night.

... a swing and a miss.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.68  arkpdx  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.66    2 years ago

BS 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.69  TᵢG  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.68    2 years ago

Brilliant.   1280

I stated that Hillary's relevancy ended in 2016 and that Trump is still making headline news and you simply utter "BS" when what I stated is demonstrably true.

I stated that what Hillary did (and what she did was wrong) does not compare in scope, duration or seriousness to Trump's Big Lie campaign and all you can utter is "BS" which shows that you refuse to acknowledge what Trump did.

I asked you a direct question and you yet again ignore it.   You freely expound on Hillary's wrongdoing (and even guilt ) yet cannot bring yourself to even acknowledge that Trump engaged in wrongdoing with his Big Lie campaign.

You are obviously wrong, obviously defending Trump, and cannot muster even a pathetic counter.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.70  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.54    2 years ago
Why do some people allow Trump to occupy their minds 24/7/365?

Myopia???

Lack of a life??

Still pissed he beat their heroine?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.71  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.57    2 years ago
Your kidding right? Do you read the same NT that I do? There is at least one person here that post one or more article a day about Trump. And when he does there are many more that support him. 

We know what those people are suffering from, don't we?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.72  arkpdx  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.69    2 years ago
does not compare in scope, duration or seriousness 

I guess you are another one that has conveniently forgotten how Hillary and her supporters tried to get the electors to be faithless. You forgot about the riots that occurred not for just one day and for a few hours but for weeks protesting Trump's victory and demanding she be declared the winner. You forgot her complaining that she should have one. ;

Trump is still heavily in the news 

Trump is in the news first because he has been doing what many former president do,  endorsing ang claiming for his parties candidates. He is in the news because there are those that are trying to make a name for themselves by investigating anything he has done ( while ignoring the Biden crimes families indiscretions). He is in the news because the kangaroo court called the Jan 6th committee wants to keep him there. He is there because the MSM has TDS as big as anyone. 

As far as the election being stolen, it would not be the first time the democrats have stolen an election. I'd democracy in America is ever destroyed it won't be the Republicans doing but the democrats will have their fingerprints all over it. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.73  TᵢG  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.72    2 years ago
I guess you are another one that has conveniently forgotten how Hillary

Comparing Trump to Hillary is a loser.   That is the best you have?

Trump is in the news ...

You admit that he is in the news.    So don't whine when someone in the news is criticized.

As far as the election being stolen, it would not be the first time the democrats have stolen an election. 

Conspiracy theory crap.   Buy a vowel.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.74  arkpdx  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.73    2 years ago

Nope not conspiracy crap. It happened with Bob Dornan loss in California were is was shown that there was a significant amount of illegal aliens that voted for his  opponent. It happened when Christine Gregoire was elected governor in Washington. It happened when al franken won his Senate seat. There was even proof of election irregularities favor of the Democrats in 1960 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.75  arkpdx  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.73    2 years ago
Comparing Trump to Hillary is a loser.   That is the best you have?

Trump was much better than Hillary. There was a poll that even showed he was felt to be more trustworthy than her just a few days before the election. I know you are upset the that old cow list but it is time to get over it. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.76  TᵢG  replied to  arkpdx @6.1.75    2 years ago

I have stated for years that Hillary was a terrible candidate and was never my choice.  Making up your own ‘facts’ is no substitute for an argument.  

There is no comparing Trump to any presidential candidate in our history.   He is distinguished —by far— as the worst, most dishonest, unpatriotic, harmful loser in our history of presidential elections.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.77  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.76    2 years ago
He is distinguished —by far— as the worst, most dishonest, unpatriotic, harmful loser in our history of presidential elections

What is worse is that it is obvious, always has been, and yet, still, millions of them do not accept that reality. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.1.78  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.77    2 years ago

But he was found more trustworthy and honest than Hillary. 

https://time.com/4554576/donald-trump-trustworthy-hillary-clinton/ 

Trump statistically surpassed Clinton for openness and honesty.

Says a lot about Clinton doesn't it?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Question of the day:  Why is Mayra Flores More Popular Than AOC Among Latinos?

2n1bhENj?format=jpg&name=small

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 years ago

Cuz she isn't batshit crazy.............................

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1    2 years ago

I think that's part of it

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.1    2 years ago

Quite a bit more intelligent as well!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @7.1.2    2 years ago

Far superior in every way!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.3    2 years ago

Yep.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
7.2  Sunshine  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 years ago

Flores isn't a phony.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sunshine @7.2    2 years ago

No drama with her.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
7.2.2  Sunshine  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.1    2 years ago

Yep, she is an adult...jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sunshine @7.2.2    2 years ago

And a decent one at that.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
7.3  Revillug  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 years ago
Mayra Flores

Mayra who?

A quick look at her campaign website reveals that she is a proud member of the ...uhm...which party does she belong to...ok this is going to be a much longer website visit..

OFGS, I give up.

Thank God for Wikipedia.

She's a Republican.

So I guess the reason that Hispanics like Maya Flores is that they don't look her up on Wikipedia??

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.3.1  Ronin2  replied to  Revillug @7.3    2 years ago

Really, you couldn't tell she was a Republican? All you have to do is click on "About Maya" at the bottom there is a nice quote.

Mayra believes in fortifying our legal immigration system, in securing our borders, lowering the costs of healthcare, lowering taxes, promoting small businesses, and less government. She is a Pro-Life, Pro-Second Amendment, and Pro-Law Enforcement candidate that wants to earn your vote. She is a proud U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) wife and a mother, fighting for a better future for the children of South Texas.

The time is now. Democrats have long felt entitled to the Latino vote with little to show in return. Mayra plans to change that and earn your vote.
That definitely screams she is a Fascist Democrat. jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif
If you still can't figure out she is a Republican- then go to her "Issues" tab. It should be pretty damn plain to see.
Take a look at her opponent's website.
Don't see anything on his main page stating he is a Democrat. Nothing on his about page. On his issues page his Foreign Relations policy looks like it was stolen from a Republican. Definitely doesn't sound like a Democrat on Energy and Environment. He also supports the police. Definitely a Democrat pretending to be a Republican.
Wait, I know how you can tell he is a Democrat for sure. 

A blogger who received campaign funds from U.S. Rep. Vicente Gonzalez , D-McAllen, lobbed racist attacks on Republican Rep. Mayra Flores, the first woman born in Mexico to be elected to Congress and Gonzalez’s opponent in the race for Texas’ 34th Congressional District.

Texas political blogger Jerry McHale referred to the congresswoman as “Miss Frijoles” and “Miss Enchiladas.” He accused her of “playing the race card” and called her a “cotton pickin’ liar” over her claims that she worked in cotton fields with her immigrant parents as a child.

Gonzalez’s campaign gave the McHale Report $1,200 on June 24 for “advertising services,” according to the Federal Election Commission, as well as $1,000 on Oct. 27 last year.

There it is. He can't escape being an elitist hypocritical racist.

George
Junior Expert
7.3.2  George  replied to  Revillug @7.3    2 years ago

So I guess the reason that Hispanics like Maya Flores is that they don't look her up on Wikipedia??

Once again democrats expose their inherent racism.

So you are saying is Hispanics  aren’t smart enough to research the candidates they vote for?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.3.3  Texan1211  replied to  George @7.3.2    2 years ago
So you are saying is Hispanics  aren’t smart enough to research the candidates they vote for?

The Democratic Party has banked on that from their base for decades.

And when one of their base members dared to stray, they were promptly denounced as Uncle Toms and Tio Thomas'.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.3.4  Texan1211  replied to  Revillug @7.3    2 years ago

Perhaps reading the link to her campaign site would help. It clearly states she is a Republican, but one must actually read it to know it.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.3.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @7.3.4    2 years ago

Sometimes people see and read only what they want to.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
7.3.6  Revillug  replied to  Ronin2 @7.3.1    2 years ago

Also, neither one of them admits to being Hispanic.

Coincidence?

I don't think so.

GregTx
PhD Guide
7.3.7  GregTx  replied to  Revillug @7.3.6    2 years ago

So what's your thinking IDWT???.....

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.3.8  Ronin2  replied to  Revillug @7.3.6    2 years ago

Really, didn't read the link you posted at all did you?

Mayra Flores was born and raised with humble beginnings in Burgos Tamaulipas, Mexico.

Born and raised in Mexico? Kind of a dead give away. You also could look at her picture on the website. But why would anyone do that? I am sorry if she doesn't scream Hispanic bluntly. 

I guess you would expect a white politician to clearly state they are white; or an African American politician to state they were African American.

[deleted]

Neither candidate in the race is trying to hide their heritage. 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
7.3.9  Revillug  replied to  Ronin2 @7.3.8    2 years ago
Really, didn't read the link you posted at all did you?

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.3.10  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Revillug @7.3.6    2 years ago

With names like Flores and Gonzalez, why do you think they would have to admit to being Hispanic? Pretty much of a no brainer there.

JBB
Professor Principal
7.4  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 years ago

Yet, Moyra Flores lost badly. I guess not enough Hispanics "Knew Her". Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez won her reelection by a forty percent margin...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.4.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @7.4    2 years ago
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez won her reelection by a forty percent margin.

Wow, AOC is now as successful as a glass of water with a "D" behind it.

SUCH an accomplishment at such a young age, too!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Kimberly Zapata, the deputy director of the City of Milwaukee Election Commission has just been fired for committing election fraud by obtaining fake military ballots and sending them to Assembly Elections Committee chairwoman Janel Brandtjen.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Walker hits back at Obama: "Put my resume against his resume"

FgpkQhDXoAIChha?format=jpg&name=small

https:// trib.al/FBf7DHV

LOVE IT!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 years ago

You love the fact that this guy is an idiot ?  Thats odd. 

George
Junior Expert
9.1.1  George  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1    2 years ago

Georgia plays Tennessee this weekend in a battle of undefeated. Warnock is touring Georgia in a bus with Tennessee plates, do you really have to ask who the fucking moron is?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  George @9.1.1    2 years ago

The comment in question compares Walker to Obama, so Walker is the moron. 

He's also a moron compared to Warnock too though. After having seen Walker talk a few times, I'd say he's a moron compared to millions of people. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1    2 years ago

So is his opponent but that's beside the point isn't it. All that matters to some is the letter behind can the name. And btw, I don't think either one are fit for public office!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.2    2 years ago

Including those who support him and or would vote for him. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 years ago

What's to love about a moron asking a genius to share resumes????????????????????????

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"Soros tops all 2022 political donors with $126 million, roughly double that of Nos. 2 or 3, report"

aU52PTPh?format=jpg&name=small

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/soros-tops-all-2022-political-donors-126-million-roughly-double-nos-2-or?utm_source=sf&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twjs

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @10    2 years ago

sheldon and miriam adelson: 2020 GOP campaign contributions = $218,168,500

... so what were you saying?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  devangelical @10.1    2 years ago

I think he was saying, or rather would say, Soros = 2022, Adelmans = 2020 

You know, an election with presidential implications in 2020. Not the midterms.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.1    2 years ago

sorry, I forgot to factor in the moveable goalposts and republican double standards...

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  devangelical @10.1.2    2 years ago

Snark aside, no goal post moving necessary. You are comparing a presidential election year to one of midterm elections. Let's see what 2024 brings.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.3    2 years ago
Let's see what 2024 brings.

trumps "maybe I'll run again" shakedown scam of his moronic sycophants already dwarfs that amount...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @10.1    2 years ago

Why are you comparing apples to oranges?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @10.1.2    2 years ago
"sorry, I forgot to factor in the moveable goalposts and republican double standards..."

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Only standards they have

Moving of goalposts and projection, deflection, and denial - their M.O.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @10.1    2 years ago

314477832_3443429469274107_790176212971001028_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s640x640&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=NhhUdTt_-doAX-2WxyM&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AfD3L3BZqhc-6IHT5ZGn-P9WRS7nPPhD5n091VlcLgjXOg&oe=636F521A

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @10    2 years ago

AA13JpVC.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

With 25 priors!

Fgujq-SUoAAe0fv?format=jpg&name=small

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

“My parents lost their country to radicals. I’m not going to let us lose ours.”

cowMdYdf?format=jpg&name=small

Kavika
Professor Principal
12.1  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @12    2 years ago

Interesting that Rubio's parents came to the US 2 plus years before Castro came to power. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Kavika @12.1    2 years ago

So you don't think the tides were turning prior to 1956 when Batista ruled?

Castro started and led the "revolution" starting in 1956

Kavika
Professor Principal
12.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.1.1    2 years ago

Can you point out where I said anything about that? My comment was quite clear, you could research Rubio's story yourself to fill in your information gap about Rubio.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Kavika @12.1.2    2 years ago

Just saying Batista was an ass prior to 1956 when Rubio's parents came here. Then the revolution started and who knows the timing for their flight to the US. YOu made it sound as though Castro was the only one that  was a radical that made his parents lose their country. And what's to say the watched from our shores as "their country" was being destroyed. You made it sound as though Rubio was making shit up due to the fact Castro wasn't in full power until '58 and it wasn't in shit shape prior to 56-58

Perhaps I misunderstood your intentions with your comment

Kavika
Professor Principal
12.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.1.3    2 years ago

Of course, Batista was not only an ass but a crook supported by the US government and the Mafia. 

Also, Marco tends to embellish a lot about this.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
12.1.5  Revillug  replied to  Kavika @12.1    2 years ago
Interesting that Rubio's parents came to the US 2 plus years before Castro came to power. 

That strikes you as a significant discrepancy?

Looks a bit to me like his parents got while the getting was good.

And it probably made it hard to maintain ties with family just a few miles away.

devangelical
Professor Principal
13  devangelical    2 years ago
American people now have the chance to turn away from a brutal authoritarian regime.

314353170_5860835310614339_5221491241472637622_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=L3Iqfz4_L0gAX8tO3Uo&tn=8g27d6gWNNbnLFCf&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=00_AfAan79QP_P5LHlylE4BmE6ZZ9QrPtCaIHgJe8rkwJIKTw&oe=63696349

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
13.1  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @13    2 years ago

That's why the Dem m'fuckers are  going to be voted out.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
13.1.1  Revillug  replied to  Greg Jones @13.1    2 years ago

Looks like you picked your torch.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
13.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Revillug @13.1.1    2 years ago

These are the Fascist Democrats' torches.

I don't support Fascists- so I won't be voting for any Democrats.

devangelical
Professor Principal
13.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Ronin2 @13.1.2    2 years ago
I don't support Fascists

... or theocrats either, I bet. ideological naivety is common among republicans that vote a straight ticket. /s

Revillug
Freshman Participates
13.1.4  Revillug  replied to  Ronin2 @13.1.2    2 years ago

And somehow none of these people hunted Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi in the Capitol Building.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
13.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @13.1.3    2 years ago

I am a true atheist. I don't care about other people's religions. Unlike all of the Fascist Democrats I know.

I vote straight Republican ticket because third parties and independents stand no damn chance; and I will never support Fascist Democrats. These are the only two choices we get in our Establishment two party system.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
13.1.6  Ronin2  replied to  Revillug @13.1.4    2 years ago

No, they hunted and attacked police, federal officers, off duty Latino soldiers, gays, reporters, and Democrats that weren't woke enough.

During those not so peaceful BLM and Antifa protests in DC they rushed Trump to the terrorist bunker. Seems secret service didn't trust BLM/Antifa.

BLM and Antifa also took several square blocks of Seattle- and held it hostage. Now that is something that never happened on Jan 6th. Jan 6th rioters also didn't block traffic on highways and roads. 

Democrat and leftist support of Fascists is sickening. 

But Trruuummmmppppp!!!!!! Jan 6th!!!!

Jan 6th doesn't happen w/o the Summer of Love.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
13.1.7  Nowhere Man  replied to  Ronin2 @13.1.6    2 years ago

But what is lost on them, the more violence they commit against the opposition, it generally doesn't take long before the opposition does the same to them....

Jan 6th was an example of doing it the liberal way ... so since it was liberal tactics being used it tends to highlight the ideal that bad things are good when done in the name of a liberal cause... and very very bad when done for any other cause...

Revillug
Freshman Participates
13.1.8  Revillug  replied to  Ronin2 @13.1.6    2 years ago

Truer words have never left your lips.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
13.2  Sunshine  replied to  devangelical @13    2 years ago

You will be ok.  America will be ok.  Do you need a safe space?

devangelical
Professor Principal
13.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Sunshine @13.2    2 years ago
Do you need a safe space?

know of one that no republican male would ever go near? is it big enough to park my car in? /s

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Sunshine @13.2    2 years ago
You will be ok.  America will be ok.  Do you need a safe space?

Only if it has puppies, coloring books and crayons, and participation trophies. Also, only hive-minded thinkers in the safe space so they don't have to hear something upsetting like different ideas.

devangelical
Professor Principal
13.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @13.2.2    2 years ago
hear something upsetting like different ideas

... different unconstitutional ideas like theocracy and fascism.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @13.2.3    2 years ago
... different unconstitutional ideas like theocracy and fascism.

I am so sorry words are so upsetting for you. Perhaps public forums where you just might be exposed to different ideas is not the ideal place for you.

And some of the comments may--just may--be made by those awful, dreaded thumpers you go on about all the time!

Dig
Professor Participates
14  Dig    2 years ago
Ironically the left didn't care about Americans for the past two years.

Right off the bat, the American Rescue Plan greatly extended free vaccines (and boosters later on), provided financial relief from the pandemic to families, and created the largest one year decrease in child poverty in American history. Later, the Violence Against Women Act was reauthorized. An infrastructure law was finally passed to improve roads and bridges. The PACT Act was signed, extending medical assistance to veterans exposed to toxins. The CHIPS and Science act was passed to boost manufacturing, especially in the tech sector (and is already paying off). Out-of-pocket expenses for prescription drugs were capped for seniors on Medicaid, including insulin. And there's more, but yeah, the "left" didn't care.

They didn't care about inflation or the destruction of the American dollar.

Everyone cares about inflation, which is global (not local to the US) and was primarily caused by the economic disruption of the pandemic and the war in Ukraine. Even so, the 2021 rebound from the pandemic saw the largest spurt of job growth in American history, and the dollar hit an all time high recently. Destruction of the dollar? WTF are you even talking about?

They didn't care about rampant crime in our cities or flooding the country with 5 million illegal migrants.

Violent crime is still much lower than it was in recent decades, and murder rates are actually about 40% higher in red states where gun laws have been relaxed. 

Also, about 5 million migrants have been intercepted since Biden took office. That doesn't mean there are 5 million new illegals roaming free in the country, which is how you and others always try to make it sound. The borders are not 'open,' no matter how many times you lie about it.

The American people now have the chance to turn away from a brutal authoritarian regime.

A brutal authoritarian regime? That's effing retarded.

Democrats call it "democracy" and if you vote them out Joe Biden says it will be the end of democracy.

I believe he was referring to the extremist, anti-American Republicans on various ballots who've expressed desire or intent to do things like giving local legislatures or secretaries of state the power to toss out election results and decide for themselves who wins.

He also claimed that Republicans will gut Social Security and Medicare! Obama and Hillary Clinton told the same lie. A lie they have been using for decades.

OMFG. Cutting or doing away with social spending, especially SS and Medicaid, has been a part of the Republican agenda for decades. Nobody is lying about that. Do you honestly not remember all the relatively recent crap about "privatizing" SS from Paul Ryan and others? It's nothing new. There are mentions of it from Republicans all the time. How can you not be aware of that? 

Their far-left agenda has failed miserably.

I almost feel sorry for you. What a waste of a life, spending so much time trolling and frothing at the mouth over the kind of bullshit and nonsense you post here regularly.

Ender
Professor Principal
14.1  Ender  replied to  Dig @14    2 years ago

Kavika
Professor Principal
14.2  Kavika   replied to  Dig @14    2 years ago
I almost feel sorry for you. What a waste of a life, spending so much time trolling and frothing at the mouth over the kind of bullshit and nonsense you post here regularly.

The old saying applies to his comments. ''If BS were dollar bills he'd be independently wealthy''.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
15  bbl-1    2 years ago

Whatever.  The anti-choicers are feeling their oats and Durham is still on the public dole looking for naked pictures on Hunter's laptop.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
15.1  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @15    2 years ago
still on the public dole looking for naked pictures on Hunter's laptop.

Hell, weren't those pictures exposed months ago?

independent Liberal
Freshman Quiet
16  independent Liberal    2 years ago

It is important to understand the Democrat party is far from liberal. They are a populist movement of average minds scarred to death the deranged and mentally unstable horde will abandon them and cancel them. They are lonely and desperate to be accepted.

The mentally unstable fringe holding them hostage are miserable individuals who recently discovered they weild power on social media. These people are intellectual failures who lust for negative attention. When they face a target deprived environment they quickly turn on one another.

They and the halfwits they now hold hostige are fading in to obscurity.

The GOP isn't winning, the democrats are surrendering Because they are suffering from a cancer of reality.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
16.1  Revillug  replied to  independent Liberal @16    2 years ago
The GOP isn't winning, the democrats are surrendering Because they are suffering from a cancer of reality.

I like to say the problem the Democrats have is that they are more afraid of a Twitter mob during the primary season than the actual voters in the general election.

It is important to understand the Democrat party is far from liberal. They are a populist movement of average minds scarred to death the deranged and mentally unstable horde will abandon them and cancel them. They are lonely and desperate to be accepted.

You're sort of a cross between a troll and an oracle today.

It is important to understand the Democrat party is far from liberal.

I think often think of the Democrats as a party that is paid to lose. Kind of like the Washington Generals.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
16.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @16.1    2 years ago
Kind of like the Washington Generals.

Did you mean the Washington Commanders that have won their last four games in a row?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
16.1.2  arkpdx  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @16.1.1    2 years ago

I think he means the Washington Generals who play only against the Harlem Globetrotters and haven't won a game since ,1971 and only 4 games ever. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
16.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  arkpdx @16.1.2    2 years ago

Thanks, I completely forgot about them.  I’m sure your right,

Revillug
Freshman Participates
16.1.4  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @16.1.1    2 years ago

These guys:

Washington Generals

The Generals exist primarily as a part of the Harlem Globetrotters' act, effectively being stooges for the Globetrotters. While the Globetrotters play tricks and spectacular displays of skill for the crowd, the Generals attempt to play a "normal" game of basketball. The Generals' games involve playing genuine basketball at times, but also not interfering in the Globetrotters' tricks. Almost every game has ended in a resounding win for the Globetrotters. [2]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
16.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Revillug @16.1.4    2 years ago

Right, I forgot about them.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
16.1.6  Revillug  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @16.1.5    2 years ago

I think it's a pretty good analogy but my liberal friends usually inch away from me on the bleachers whenever I run it past them.

George
Junior Expert
17  George    2 years ago

Musk changed the pronouns of half of Twitter employees to was/were last night.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
17.1  Texan1211  replied to  George @17    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
17.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  George @17    2 years ago

Lol. Good one!😂