╌>

Stephanopoulos sandbags Biden

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 months ago  •  212 comments

Stephanopoulos sandbags Biden
Stephanopoulos: how will you feel in January if you lose to Trump? Biden: I would feel fine if I gave it my all.

The ABC interview is now over, and it is clear that it had a purpose. That purpose was to either convince Biden to quit, or based on the answers destroy his candidacy. It was the left-wing media that put Biden and the democrat party in this mess, and it was the top backstabber who delivered the knife.

The media lied about Biden's condition until they could lie no more. Senator Warner is leading a serious effort to get Biden off the ticket. The concern has always been about holding power and holding off the American people.

At this point I doubt Biden can go on.

The media will now prepare for a new narrative:

GRpydbBaUAEE74E?format=jpg&name=small

KEY FACTS

When asked if the debate was an episode or the result of his current condition—a question previously asked by former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi—Biden said he had a “bad episode.”

Biden and his campaign has said that his extensive training before the debate left him exhausted, but when ABC’s George Stephanopoulos asked why the week spent at Camp David before the debate wasn’t enough time to rest, Biden said he was really sick, saying he was tested to see whether he had an infection or a virus, and doubling down on his claim his poor performance was the result of a “really bad cold.”

Stephanopoulos also asked Biden if he watched the CNN debate with former President Donald Trump after it aired, to which Biden said: “I don’t think I did, no.”

When Stephanopoulos asked if Biden’s three-plus years in the Oval Office cost him anything physically or emotionally, Biden said it cost him a “really bad night,” claiming he’s “still in good shape,” though he said he would not take an independent neurological and cognitive test, arguing: “every day I have that test.”

Biden, who spoke in a soft, raspy voice during the interview, also claimed he “wasn’t in control” at the event, saying he was distracted at times when Trump seemed to be shouting—a new excuse offered for his performance—even though Biden said CNN turned off Trump’s microphone.

When asked if Biden is the “same man today” as he was when he took office in 2021, Biden said “in terms of successes, yes,” reiterating his argument that he should be evaluated based on his track record in the White House rather than his performance in the debate.

Biden boasted the addition of over 200,000 new jobs in the month of June,  according to  the Bureau of Labor Statistics, arguing he is still able to produce for the economy—though that BLS report also found job growth decreased from 218,000 in May, while the unemployment rate surpassed 4% for the first time in nearly three years.

Biden-ABC Interview: Here’s Why It’s So Important After Rocky Trump Debate (forbes.com)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Now the media will begin presenting Kamala Harris as a credible candidate.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago

Your dog would be a credible candidate against Donald Trump

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    2 months ago

It looks like we are back where we were just before God's gift to the left (the pandemic) struck!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    2 months ago
Your dog would be a credible candidate against Donald Trump

Place your right paw on the Bible and repeat after me. I, Bowser T. Hound . . .

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 months ago

How the fuck would that be a gift to ANYONE?

JFC

FFS

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.3    2 months ago

Who do you prefer Biden or Harris?

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.5  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 months ago

The pandemic was quite the experience and it was informative about the MAGA movement's stream of consciousness and Donald's insistence on letting even MAGAs needlessly and heedless now. And, Donald has not confess a tittle of remorse, not even over and against the Covid-19 loss of "Mr. 999=tax plan" businessman Herman Cain (1945-2020). Our country needs a leader who can feel for the people. . . s/he serves and not the other way around.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.1.5    2 months ago

It was an experience because Dr Fauci advised closing down the economy and the media ran with a lie immediately that Trump was mishandling it.

GregTx
Professor Guide
1.1.7  GregTx  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    2 months ago

Mmmmm, perhaps if he feels Biden is fit for office we should reevaluate....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  GregTx @1.1.7    2 months ago

Biden is the best man for us, but if it isn't Biden, it's Harris.  They are both easily beatable at this stage.

This just in from Megyn Kelly:

I’m genuinely sad/angry over what these ppl around him are doing to Joe Biden. He deserves better than to go out like this. The answer is to let him retire w/some dignity. Not to keep forcing the critically wounded racehorse to run more.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.9  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    2 months ago

Tell that to ("Mr. 999 tax plan") Herman Cain (1945-2020), if you can and dare.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.10  MonsterMash  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.4    2 months ago
Who do you prefer Biden or Harris?

She [] was all in for Biden until JR said he wants Biden to drop out.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.1.9    2 months ago

The Trump vaccine came out months later.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MonsterMash @1.1.10    2 months ago

I guess Joe Biden finally found out how much they care about him.

GregTx
Professor Guide
1.1.13  GregTx  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    2 months ago

He's in the highest profile job in the world, all he has to do is say "help" and I'm sure he would be rescued.....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  GregTx @1.1.13    2 months ago

If he insists on staying in, this thing will turn downright ugly.

GregTx
Professor Guide
1.1.15  GregTx  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.14    2 months ago

Yep, that's how I see it going. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.16  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.11    2 months ago

b2d28c5af422dd9efa6ed67fee89538b

Herman Cain, ex-presidential candidate who refused to wear mask, dies after COVID-19 diagnosis

Reuters
Updated  July 30, 20 20

Herman Cain, ex-presidential candidate who refused to wear mask, dies after COVID-19 diagnosis

(Reuters) - Herman Cain, a former Republican presidential candidate and supporter of President Donald Trump who pointedly refused to wear a mask during the coronavirus pandemic, has died after contracting COVID-19, his website said on Thursday.

Cain, 74, learned of his diagnosis on June 29, nine days after attending a Trump rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he and many others crowded together without wearing face masks aimed at preventing the spread of the novel coronavirus.

He spent most of July in an Atlanta-area hospital.

"Herman had an incredible career and was adored by everyone that ever met him, especially me. He was a very special man, an American Patriot, and great friend," Trump wrote on Twitter.

Many Trump supporters have rejected the advice of public health experts and refused to wear masks, which can prevent the spread of the virus, making their defiance a type of political statement.

Just before announcing his diagnosis on July 2, Cain posted support for not mandating masks at a July 4 event at Mount Rushmore in South Dakota that Trump was planning to attend.

"Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump. PEOPLE ARE FED UP!" he tweeted.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.17  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    2 months ago
"Not to keep forcing the critically wounded racehorse to run more."

In the last while I've watched two movies about racehorses.  In the movie Dreamer the horse recovered from a broken leg to win the Breeder's Cup, and in the movie Seabiscuit the horse recovered from becoming lame to beat the most celebrated fastest horse in America by many lengths.  

But don't take my comment as an endorsement of Biden.  I personally don't think you have any possible candidate that would be acceptable to enough voters to become the best PotUS.  The person I think would be the right one was not acceptable by her own constituents because she chose personal integrity over party loyalty.  American voters don't deserve the best one. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.18  Greg Jones  replied to  CB @1.1.5    2 months ago

Off topic deflection.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.19  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.18    2 months ago
_v=63f541711193741 Professor Principal
1.1.1 author Vic Eldred replied to JohnRussell @ 1.1 2 hours ago
It looks like we are back where we were just before God's gift to the left (the pandemic) struck! like.png?skin=ntNewsTalkers3&v=1613695469 2 REPLY

Greg Jones considers you as creating a deflection on your own article, Vic![ ]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.6    2 months ago

The former 'president' convicted felon and rapist did absolutely nothing to deal with the pandemic.  He didn't handle it at all.  It is the traitorous scum felon who DID NOTHING.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
1.1.21  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.20    2 months ago

C'mon, he recommended injecting bleach, not wearing masks, prematurely reopening the country, hydroxychloroquine   etc

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.11    2 months ago

The former 'president' convicted felon and rapist did not develop the vaccine.

The vaccine had to be developed before the former 'president' killed even more people due to his not handling the pandemic at all.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.21    2 months ago

Yeah, what a fucking genius.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.24  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.21    2 months ago
C'mon, he recommended injecting bleach,

I find Trump as our greatest conman, but he never recommended that.

hydroxychloroquine

He ways way wrong to hawk it even though it had anti-malaria properties.

I think our opening timeline remains a question.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.17    2 months ago

Who is she?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  CB @1.1.19    2 months ago

SSDD

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.24    2 months ago

Does it matter what Trump said, or do the lies perpetrated by the left matter more?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.28  Tessylo  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.21    2 months ago

Injecting disinfectant. remember the other whackjob suggestion of some kind of fluorescent light up the butt

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
1.1.29  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.24    2 months ago
I find Trump as our greatest conman, but he never recommended that.

I find an abundance of Biden exaggerations posted daily and blatantly professed LIES about so much in the world today, I don't think the conman was that far away. As I do believe his bleach "joke", wound up killing someone if I recall.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.1.30  afrayedknot  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.27    2 months ago

“Does it matter what Trump said…”

And of course it matters, but in the frenzy he somehow gets a pass. He’s inexplicably dodged more bullets than Neo…and as some consider him ‘the one’, perhaps we find ourselves living in the Matrix. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.31  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @1.1.30    2 months ago
And of course it matters, but in the frenzy he somehow gets a pass.

That is a rather amazing claim after listening to the news and reading comments here for years, and surely not based on any reality known to mankind.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.32  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.29    2 months ago
As I do believe his bleach "joke", wound up killing someone if I recall.

I have no doubt that you believe it, but give us the sourced quote.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.33  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.27    2 months ago

I found both disgusting and am pissed that we don’t have viable candidates.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.34  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.33    2 months ago

Oh, so now you are engaging in the dreaded "BOTHSIDESISM".

Shame, sir, shame!

/s

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
1.1.35  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.32    2 months ago
, but give us the sourced quote.

Time Magazine showed dramatic increses in disinfectant poisonings after Trumps suggestion

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
1.1.36  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.32    2 months ago

"In January, February and March of 2020, accidental poisonings with household disinfectants were up 5%, 17% and 93% respectively over the same months in 2019. In April, which includes an eight day period from the 23rd of the month to the 30th, following Trump’s comments, the increase was 121% compared to April of 2019. In the first ten days of May, things settled down some, with poisonings up 69% over the same 10-day period in 2019"

From Time Magazine

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.1.37  afrayedknot  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.31    2 months ago

“…and reading comments here…”

If you put any stock into what is said here, you are delusional.

This place, at best, is for venting…and serves as nothing but an empty outlet to do so.     And guilty as charged. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @1.1.37    2 months ago
And guilty as charged. 

I know, it's okay though.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
1.1.39  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.31    2 months ago
and surely not based on any reality known to mankind.

if it matters not what Trump[ says, Y do you and so many have to constantly defend or interpret it for the rest of US ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.40  Texan1211  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.39    2 months ago

it doesn't matter what Trump says to his sycophants or to his haters.

Both will interpret any comment to support what they feel. 

Even going so far as to take things out of context or outright LIE about what words were said.

I know not everyone cares about the ACTUAL words

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.41  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.34    2 months ago

Guilty as charged. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.42  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.35    2 months ago

So no quote, no link, no surprise.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.1.43  Right Down the Center  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.33    2 months ago

That is irrelevant.  What is important is who is worse.  S/

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.44  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.42    2 months ago

I wonder why, when Biden said he killed Medicare on public television, it was not believed by Democrats, but they will believe anything about Trump.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.45  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.43    2 months ago
That is irrelevant.  What is important is who is worse.  S/

That seems to be the ongoing theme of Biden supporters.

George
Junior Expert
1.1.46  George  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.40    2 months ago

Terry: So Bryan spoke first and then Trump after that. What did they actually say?

Specht: Bryan said that his team had done some experiments that found that sun exposure and disinfectants, cleaning agents like bleach, could kill COVID-19 on surfaces and in the air. He eventually steps aside and says, you know, this concludes my research, we have some good stuff to go on.

Then, Trump takes the mic and sort of riffs. He's looking back and forth at reporters, and then Bryan, who's sitting off to the side. And Trump says, speaking to reporters, you know, a question that a lot of you are probably thinking is, what if we hit the body — this is his words — with a tremendous ultraviolet or very powerful light — and I'm sort of paraphrasing here for the sake of clarity.

And then he turns to Bryan and says, I think you said that hasn't been checked, but you're going to test it, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that. Sounds interesting, right?

And he goes on, he says, and I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in one minute. Is there a way we could do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning because you can see, it gets in the lungs — he's referring to the virus now — it does a tremendous number on the lungs, and I think it'd be interesting to check that. So he’s sort of rambling here and these comments created confusion.

Almost immediately after that, a reporter, who was sitting in this press briefing room asked him, did you just say you’re testing injections? And Bryan came back to the microphone and said no, no, that's not what we tested in our lab. And Trump also clarified, he said well, that's not what I meant, it wouldn't be through injections, it would be cleaning and sterilization of an area.

And so it appeared that they shut it down and clarified what they meant just moments later, but the press had already taken off with these comments that Trump made.

Terry: This whole conversation takes place in the larger context of Republicans being accused of minimizing the virus or turning to unscientific means to deal with it, right? It's not in a vacuum.

Specht: Right. And I don't remember the timing off the top of my head, but there were moments where some people appeared to downplay it and then offer alternative medicines. We saw that with hydroxychloroquine, a lot of Republicans speculated that that was a potential cure and studies showed that wasn't the case. We saw a lot of misinformation about what could and could not affect the coronavirus.

Terry: So how did you rate this claim by President Biden?

Specht: Mostly false.Trump did mention bringing UV rays and disinfectants into the body, but let's remember what Biden said. He said his predecessor, quote, "told Americans all they had to do was inject bleach in themselves, just take a shot of UV light." That is not what Trump said.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.47  Texan1211  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.39    2 months ago
if it matters not what Trump[ says, Y do you and so many have to constantly defend or interpret it for the rest of US ?

Mainly I am hoping that an explanation would work and people would be helped by getting the facts.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.1.48  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.44    2 months ago

Must be because Biden is an "elderly man with a poor memory" and can't be held responsible for anything he does or says.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.49  Tessylo  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.36    2 months ago

So, we see how many maga cult morons followed their genius leader's scientifically sound advice.

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.50  Texan1211  replied to  George @1.1.46    2 months ago

The real facts are not going to matter to the folks who have pushed the lies for years now.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
1.1.51  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.42    2 months ago
"In January, February and March of 2020, accidental poisonings with household disinfectants were up 5%, 17% and 93% respectively over the same months in 2019. In April, which includes an eight day period from the 23rd of the month to the 30th, following Trump’s comments, the increase was 121% compared to April of 2019. In the first ten days of May, things settled down some, with poisonings up 69% over the same 10-day period in 2019" From Time Magazine

You do what these are " correct ?

google or search did people die from Trumps suggestion of bleach as a cure, 

as "no surprise" is surprising if you think I am of the many spreading Bullshit all about on here, cause that would NOT be what I am about, and if you would, please do example all of the " no surprise" you wish touse to example my ample examples that we would require sample s of, cause i'm not feelin the luv, but, Luv will be felt if that is what required dealt, 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.52  Texan1211  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.51    2 months ago

Read 1.1.46 for the REAL truth about what Trump said.

No need to invent anything when his words are put in front of you.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
1.1.53  Igknorantzruls  replied to  George @1.1.46    2 months ago
And so it appeared that they shut it down and clarified what they meant just moments later, but the press had already taken off with these comments that Trump made.

I don\t know who the fck Terry and Specht are, but i WILL take Time Magazines Quotes of a substantial increase in bleach/disinfectant poisonings' after Trumps' words as my position truthfully stated, N don't care if you hate it, it is from a solid, Time proven source

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.1.54  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.49    2 months ago

I wonder if they hang out with the lwnj's that believe Joes big lie of being fit to run the country.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.55  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.51    2 months ago

Still no quote, no link, no sale.

George
Junior Expert
1.1.56  George  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.53    2 months ago

Sorry, they were fact checking the lying piece of shit Biden who made the ignorant claim that Trump said to inject bleach.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.57  Tessylo  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.51    2 months ago

Truth. 

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
1.1.58  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.55    2 months ago
Still no quote, no link, no sale.

I don't research well, if you are afraid I am correct, then don't verify Time proven methods of verification, and do give me samples of examples nfor "no surprise", cause if you wish to call me out, be my guest, just realize yours and any and everyone else's, LIES, whence made about me, would need to be proven, and if you can't . for i am an object not moving, attempt to move me, and see how swell that goes, cause each and everyone of the individuals who believe my source is inaccurate, know damn well how easy it would be to prove me wrong, yet, know one who has, me neither and in order to make me a believer, it would be best not to be the deceiver, cause i can give far better than i receiver, and if warranted, I B leave, I quite and mite possibly can subcutaneously get under ones skin and  make one a Believer, for I ain't the Trump Time Golden Shower Retriever as some sycophants' round hear B a lap dawg for the perpetual fraud who is a disaster waiting to again happen, and many like Eric, ain't Clapton 

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.59  CB  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.22    2 months ago

To be fair, I will give credit where credit is due. Many of us are alive today, because of the decision by President Trump to cut through the bureaucratic time-allotted period facing each and every new vaccine prospect. To be clear, the vaccine compounds to be studied, deployed, and eventually injected into people had already over twenty years of research "in the can" to support their basis. 

For a good deed done expeditiously, I can and do give even 'the devil' -himself- Donald, Thanks. Now for the other bulls—s, missteps, misinformations, disinformations, that makes lliving worse for half the country culturally and societally, and for the sum total and continuing to this day after his presidency  dishonesty of daily lying to me, you, the nation, the world, and 'beyond'. . . I can not support an 'Imperial president.'

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
1.1.60  Igknorantzruls  replied to  CB @1.1.59    2 months ago

Trump did what ANY potUS would have, signed some papers due to an emergency pandemic situation we as a count6ry were in, sorry, I can't give the clown any extra credit, for doing what HAD to be done. And again, his part was, fast tracking somet5hing desperately needed as the world faced so many more millions dying, and Trump gettin credit for the vaccines is bullshit to the extreme !  The one the GOP still attempts to vilify, Dr. Fauci, deserve3s far more credit for vaccines than Trump signing some shit. Have to excuse me CB, the heat, is about to get much hotter in here, and not meaning to be harping on you, though, I am sometimes compared to an Angelic figure, believe his name was LUCIFER

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
1.1.61  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.55    2 months ago
Still no quote, no link, no sal
MAY 12, 2020 8:00 AM EDT

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.62  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.58    2 months ago
if you are afraid I am correct,

Not in the least.

LIES, whence made about me, would need to be proven, and if you can't .

You’re right, I can’t prove that Trump never said it anymore than you can prove that he did.  Feel better?

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.63  CB  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.60    2 months ago

Donald did sign it and for that he is to be commended. Because he could have tied it up in knots the same way the mask debacle went afterwards. I stand by my point (having taken 6 vaccines to date because of it). Fast-tracking the vaccines . . . saved lives. And thank you I had forgotten the proper wording: fast-tracking.

That said, you are free to disagree with me and vent your frustration with Donald on the point. :)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.64  Tessylo  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.61    2 months ago

It's mind boggling some pretend not to know the truth when it has been provided and you just know that they heard the fucking moron say it but the need to deny reality is fucking pathological and certifiable.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.65  Tessylo  replied to  CB @1.1.59    2 months ago

No, it is not fair, the former 'president' had absolutely nothing to do with the vaccine or its' development.  It had to be developed.  If he had to sign off on the development of and implementation, so fucking what.  He had no choice.  

I give that scumbag no thanks whatsoever or credit - it had to be done.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.66  Tessylo  replied to  Igknorantzruls @1.1.60    2 months ago

TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for saying what I'm thinking - so so much better.  You're awesome Iggy.

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.67  Tessylo  replied to  CB @1.1.63    2 months ago

No, he is not to be commended for doing what he had to do and if it wasn't for his not handling, mishandling, outright fucking ignoring the looming pandemic, he deserves NOTHING.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.68  Tessylo  replied to  CB @1.1.63    2 months ago

HE HAD NO CHOICE

IT'S FOOLISH AND DENIAL TO THINK OTHERWISE

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.69  CB  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.68    2 months ago

Nobody could make him put his signature on the document. He did it without being under 'force of arms.' In the future, if the 'imperial president' decides to not sign an essential document as an official duty. . . what 'force' in the country is going to MAKE him/her do it? Tell me, please.

And if we are going to credit/discredit any president for the good or harm s/he does in the past, present, or future . . . let's be consistent. Whether or not it s/he is 'vile' over all.

As the saying goes: 'Even a broken clock is right twice a day.' 

Call me 'foolish' if you like. . . I am grateful for the fast-tracking of the vaccines. . . I had elderly love-ones. . .with 'grands' sneezing, wheezing, around them constantly due to their 'ignorant' parents insistences. . .the vaccines in 2021 gave me some mental peace. . .as I was/am a 'caretaker.'

Peace.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.70  Tessylo  replied to  CB @1.1.69    2 months ago

[] He had no choice.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.71  CB  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.70    2 months ago

In the future, if the 'imperial president' decides to not sign an essential document as an official duty. . . what 'force' in the country is going to MAKE him/her do it? Tell me, please.

Whatever.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.72  Tessylo  replied to  CB @1.1.69    2 months ago

NO one forced the scumbag to do it.  HE HAD NO CHOICE.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.73  Tessylo  replied to  CB @1.1.71    2 months ago

[]

George
Junior Expert
1.1.75  George  replied to    2 months ago

Follow the link.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.76  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    2 months ago

So why is Trump going to beat Biden then?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago
"Now the media will begin presenting Kamala Harris as a credible candidate."

Some say it's Michille Obama's turn. Or they could trot out Hillary for one last go at it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    2 months ago

Well, they only have 6 weeks to the convention, so they best get going.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    2 months ago

Hillary still faces the unlikability factor, and is about as old as both candidates we currently have.

I think in her case , many will still take a hard pass.

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    2 months ago

The President did great. Stephanopoulos threw only hardballs...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @2    2 months ago
Stephanopoulos threw only hardballs...

He did more than that. Count him in the Warner camp.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 months ago

So I take it you are apologizing for all the nonsense that you wrote about this over the last few days

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    2 months ago

Why would I do that?

You should apologize for telling us that Biden was fit and the films were fake

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    2 months ago

Biden is fit to be president I don't think he's good right now to take the fight to Trump the way it needs to be done

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    2 months ago

Translation: Biden can't beat him.

Thanks for the honesty.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    2 months ago

I don't care who beats Trump I hope that is clear enough for you

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    2 months ago

Of course, not. Nobody was ever excited about Biden. It was all about Trump.

Right now, you are in a bit of a pickle if you plan on beating him.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    2 months ago

Did anyone ask Biden if he would take a cognitive test or drop out?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.7    2 months ago

Yes, that question was asked.

Biden claimed that he takes one every day.

GregTx
Professor Guide
2.1.9  GregTx  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.8    2 months ago

I'm not sure waking to another day is the same thing...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  GregTx @2.1.9    2 months ago

I don't think even the people who voted for him believe that.

That interview was a big mistake for the Biden team.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.11  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.10    2 months ago

Don't gaslight us, Vic. We can afford televisions and free channels, too.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.10    2 months ago
That interview was a big mistake for the Biden team.

The desperation was clearly evident.

Just trying to recover from the debate, I suppose, but people may not be so willing to forget what they saw unfold on national live television. Can't be blaming deep fakes or Russians or MAGA or Trump for what Biden put on display for the whole world to see that night.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.12    2 months ago

And blame and lie he did.

Most notable was when he claimed that Trump was yelling at him when Trump's mic was turned off.

What is even more incredible is that the hyper partisan Stephanopoulos actually called him out on that.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.13    2 months ago

And blame and lie he did

joe Biden is a world famous liar. Getting caught stealing another man’s biography during a stump speech is what made him famous in the first place,

For him, and his remaining cult members, to whine about anyone else lying is about he purest example of hypocrisy you can find.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2.1.15  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.14    2 months ago
to whine about anyone else lying is about he purest example of hypocrisy you can find.

too funny as you disregard Trumps contribution to the world of LYING HIPPOCRITTZ

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.16  Right Down the Center  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.1.15    2 months ago

65cf886a54965.jpeg

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.16    2 months ago

Man, where'd you find such a clean card?

All the ones I have seen are frayed horribly around the edges from years of constant misuse and abuse!

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.18  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.17    2 months ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.19  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.16    2 months ago

Yet another indication of Trump deflection from a non-partisan here. /s

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    2 months ago

Biden should drop out just so we can get back to what the election is really about Trump's historic unfitnes for office 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 months ago

Oh yes, that is all it was ever about: beating Trump and the American people.

Today Joy-Ann Reid said she doesn't even like Biden but would vote for him anyway. Biden will not go peacefully unfortunately.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 months ago

Beating Trump is a patriotic duty for all Americans.  Beating the American people is what the republican party is all about.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.1    2 months ago

That's funny.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 months ago

Of course it's all about beating Trump he's the most unfit for office person to ever run for president 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    2 months ago

That's demented.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.3    2 months ago

Ya ya ya...So you've said for 7 years.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.4    2 months ago

What is demented is opening the border and having 20 million people in the country whom we know nothing about.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.5    2 months ago

It was true when he first said it and it's still true now.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.7    2 months ago

Can't answer?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.6    2 months ago

Neither of which are true.  

What is demented is believing and/or spreading fake republican talking points.

What is even more demented is recommending that people inject bleach.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.9    2 months ago
Neither of which are true.  

Very few democrats deny it anymore.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.10    2 months ago
Very few democrats deny it anymore.

More fake republican propaganda.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.12  CB  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.11    2 months ago

Exactly. This is a form of continued abuse. I can't prove it, but its highly probably true. There are operatives pushing disinformation presently. We deserve better than that!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.11    2 months ago

Do I really have to publish the figures for the hundredth time?

politico.com/f/?id=0000017f-d8bd-d522-ab7f-debd59400000

READ IT!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @3.1.12    2 months ago
disinformation

Don't forget: "Russian disinformation!"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.1    2 months ago
Beating Trump is a patriotic duty for all Americans.  Beating the American people is what the republican party is all about.

An ignorant comment.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    2 months ago
That's funny.

Not nearly as funny as it is just really, really sad.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.13    2 months ago

Won't do a bit of good.

When you are so far in the tank for Biden, facts no longer matter.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.18  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.16    2 months ago

Sad that all some can do is call everything bullshit.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.19  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.15    2 months ago

What an incredibly stupid fucking comment.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.18    2 months ago
Sad that all some can do is call everything bullshit

Like Biden, I am sure they are giving it their all.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.19    2 months ago

Do you need clarification?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.13    2 months ago

Chances are whatever you posted, doesn't support your allegations

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.14    2 months ago

That's what we see here just about every day

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.24  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.3    2 months ago

In your completely biased opinion.

The fact that you still support Biden tells us all what we need to know.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.25  Ronin2  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.1    2 months ago

You think you speak for all Americans? jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

And Democrats claim Trump is a narcissist. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.26  Gsquared  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.25    2 months ago

Your confusion is obvious.  My comment was clear.  I was speaking of patriotic Americans, not Trumpists and lunatic fringe right wingers.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 months ago
Biden should drop out

Thank you for that particular kernel of truth.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Joe Scarborough, a few months ago: Biden is better than he’s ever been.

Joe Scarborough, post-debate: Thank God it’s June, we have time to replace him. This is the last chance.

Joe Scarborough, now: Everyone slow down, it’s only July. There is plenty of time.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 months ago

Wow. It is true. A day can make a difference. Nary a single day is the picture of a whole life! Let's see what tomorrow brings to this shared existence we are immersed..

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @4.1    2 months ago

Did Biden really deteriorate that fast or was the Biden campaign & the media hiding trying to hide his condition all along?

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.2  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    2 months ago

Go with God.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 months ago

Joe Scarborough, Trump's former biggest booster, might be the biggest clown in media. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2    2 months ago

Agreed.

BTW, you were right on all points this afternoon.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.1    2 months ago

'Right' - yes, correct - NO.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 months ago

Scarborough is nothing more than a lowly Biden sycophant.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    2 months ago
Stephanopoulos: “Did you ever watch the debate afterwards?” Biden: “I don’t think I did. No.”

Jesus F Christ. Don’t you know? It was only a week ago.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @5    2 months ago

I think Biden knows whether or not he watched the debate he was avoiding the question probably not a very smart thing to do under the circumstances but that's what happened

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 months ago

What was the meaning of asking Biden how he would feel in January if he lost to Trump?

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.2  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.1    2 months ago

George Stephanopoulos said Trump has already declined his offer to sit down with him for a similar one on one interview...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @5.1.2    2 months ago

I laughed when I heard that.

Why would Trump be involved in an interview ABC and the Biden campaign arranged to show that Biden was mentally fit?

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.4  MonsterMash  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 months ago
I think Biden knows whether or not he watched the debate he was avoiding the question probably not a very smart thing to do under the circumstances but that's what happened

So Biden rather say he doesn't think he watched the debute than to say yes or no putting more doubt in people's mind about his fitness to be president?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 months ago

The 'problem' with swallowing that is that Biden DID, in fact, answer.

It was a completely idiotic answer, but I'll assume it was the very best he could do.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.1    2 months ago
What was the meaning of asking Biden how he would feel in January if he lost to Trump?

Maybe he was trying to lead Biden into a rant about saving democracy again.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.1.2    2 months ago
George Stephanopoulos said Trump has already declined his offer to sit down with him for a similar one on one interview

yeah, the frontrunner has more choices than going hat-in-hand to the media trying to undo his debate debacle like Biden had to.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  MonsterMash @5.1.4    2 months ago
So Biden rather say he doesn't think he watched the debute than to say yes or no putting more doubt in people's mind about his fitness to be president?

Doesn't make any sense at all, does it?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.7    2 months ago

[]

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
5.1.10  Igknorantzruls  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.9    2 months ago

[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.3    2 months ago

The former 'president' convicted felon and rapist is not mentally fit.  Anyone with any decency or integrity or sense sees that.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.12  Ronin2  replied to  JBB @5.1.2    2 months ago

So what?

Trump should agree to do an interview with the Clinton sycophant- the second that Biden agrees to do an interview with Sean Hannity. 

GregTx
Professor Guide
6  GregTx    2 months ago

Good grief.... 

How does this man have any support right now beyond the 33-37% of hyper partisans?.......

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  GregTx @6    2 months ago

There is a lot of good news in the polling. Young people are drifting towards Trump. They are the ones that need a ballot mailed to them, if you recall.

Stephanopoulos had to keep reminding Biden that the 2020 election was very close.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    2 months ago

Give Kamala Harris Obama's campaign team including the Pod save America guys and she will kick Trump's ass 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 months ago

I just don't see it. She is the second coming of Sarah Palin.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
7.2  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 months ago

She was the first major candidate to drop out in 2020. Her campaign was a chaotic mess. She received zero delegates. Her performance as vp has been a joke. It’s going to take a helluva lot more than what you suggested to get her over the hump. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gazoo @7.2    2 months ago
Her performance as vp has been a joke.

She had that one job: "the border."

All we need do is get her talking as well.

I'm in favor of the same rules for a Harris debate: Shut of Trump's mic and let Harris talk!

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 months ago

I don’t think that Obama’s campaign team still is sitting around waiting for an assignment.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.3    2 months ago

They are operating right out of the White House. Jill Biden is in for the fight of her life.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 months ago
Give Kamala Harris Obama's campaign team including the Pod save America guys and she will kick Trump's ass

How quickly Harris' disastrous campaign is forgotten--the one where she couldn't last and bailed way early.

JBB
Professor Principal
7.4.1  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @7.4    2 months ago

In Kamala Harris' last campaign she was elected Vice President of the United States of America and gave Biden his winning edge...

GregTx
Professor Guide
7.4.2  GregTx  replied to  JBB @7.4.1    2 months ago

On what merit was she elected?

JBB
Professor Principal
7.4.3  JBB  replied to  GregTx @7.4.2    2 months ago

By 2020 Kamala Harris had been the Attorney General of and United States Senator from California. How much government experience and qualifications did Trump have before 2016?

GregTx
Professor Guide
7.4.4  GregTx  replied to  JBB @7.4.3    2 months ago
By 2020 Kamala Harris had been the Attorney General of and United States Senator from California.

And?.... that doesn't answer the question. 

How much government experience and qualifications did Trump have before 2016?

None really, I think that was kinda the point...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.4.5  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @7.4.1    2 months ago
In Kamala Harris' last campaign she was elected Vice President of the United States of America and gave Biden his winning

it is truly amazing what some folks will believe.

I guess in your joy you forgot her disastrous run for the Presidency.

Harris had as much to do with Biden winning as the cannibals that ate Biden's uncle had.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.4.6  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @7.4.2    2 months ago
On what merit was she elected

She had a D behind her name.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.4.7  JohnRussell  replied to  JBB @7.4.3    2 months ago

Trump had been a crook and game show host and birther

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.4.8  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7.4.7    2 months ago
Trump had been a crook and game show host and birther

Still amazing he somehow managed to beat The Queen, especially considering it was her turn!

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.4.9  bugsy  replied to  JBB @7.4.3    2 months ago

Probably sleeping her way to each step

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.4.10  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @7.4.5    2 months ago

Remember she is the one that called Biden a racist to his face during the debates. I’ll giver her credit she was not lying…..that time

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4.11  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @7.4.7    2 months ago

Lifelong conman and scumbag rapist.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4.12  Tessylo  replied to  GregTx @7.4.4    2 months ago

Yes, he answered your question.  You want to pretend it was by sleeping her way to the top.  It was by merit.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.4.15  Texan1211  replied to    2 months ago
Isn't that a dumb question?  Isn't the VP 'elected' along with the President?

The question was what were HER merits for election.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

That was sad to watch. How selfish and delusional can Biden be to possibly believe he's qualified to run the country? 

Annie, Ashley and Anthony, the aides who apparently run the country and treat Biden like the guys did the corpse in Weekend at Bernies, have to be feeling their time as President is running out. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    2 months ago

Biden can run the country but he doesn't have the energy to kick Trumps ass anymore.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    2 months ago
Biden can run the country

Into the ground.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
9  Nerm_L    2 months ago

Democrats can't really have any serious discussions about replacing Biden until after the NATO summit next week.  (Biden has boxed in the 'bedwetters'.)  That buys time for Biden but, let's face it, Biden is only going to be a week older.

Dems could begin a beauty pageant for prospective anti-Trump surrogates.  Elevating Kamala Harris might be the conventional wisdom but we are living in unconventional times.  Don't be surprised if a number of contestants try sucking the air out of the news cycle.  If Biden's pomp and pageant of Putin fear doesn't compete with the wannabes then Jill Biden can expect some frank discussion before the RNC convention.  (Trump's choice of a running mate could upend the election again.  Will we see political pundits start wearing neck braces?)

It still looks like Biden lost reelection on a not-that-late Thursday night.  Apparently Biden isn't aware that the debate was split screen - and - we could see that Trump wasn't trying to distract Biden or talk over Biden.  Poor old, old, old Joe has exhausted all his excuses.  And now he can't hide in the basement.

This may be the first election in Biden's long political career when he's had to run on his record.  It's turning into a train wreck.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @9    2 months ago

It sure didn't go according to plan.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
9.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1    2 months ago
It sure didn't go according to plan.

Yup, that's one way to put it.  Being the weird curmudgeon I am, I suspect Biden's handlers weren't expecting Trump to just stand there in his happy place while Biden was on live mic.  Biden's handlers may have even slipped Joe a downer so wouldn't wouldn't get too excited.  My suspicion is Biden's handlers prepped for the optics of Trump viciously abusing a sympathetic, elderly man with a poor memory.

So, it's still Trump's fault but this time Biden can't admit that.  

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
10  Robert in Ohio    2 months ago

It's Joe Biden or bust as the DNC continues the drive to keep Trump out of the White House.

Not long ago the message was "Biden is much more fit to be president than Trump" and now the message is ""We got throw the old guy on the scrap heap and move forward"

It's like a good thriller movie, waiting for the next shoe to drop

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Robert in Ohio @10    2 months ago
"We got throw the old guy on the scrap heap and move forward"

That's the way it is for "most" democrats. Their grand plan failed so the guy who once did it all for them must go under the bus.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
11  Robert in Ohio    2 months ago

I read the article several times - how exactly did Stephanopoulos "sand bag" President Biden?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Robert in Ohio @11    2 months ago

The second half of the interview was all about: suppose Trump wins.

Translation: It will be all your fault Joe.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
11.1.1  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    2 months ago

Vic

All the president had to answer was "Then the people of this country will have made a bad choice and will have to live with the consequences"

He was not sandbagged, if his people did not think that he would be asked that question and did not prepare him to answer it, then they and he are to blame not the interviewer.

What if Biden bows to pressure and drops out and then Trump ins, whose fault will that be?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Robert in Ohio @11.1.1    2 months ago
What if Biden bows to pressure and drops out and then Trump ins, whose fault will that be?

Nobody's.

It wasn't my opinion. It was George Stephanopoulos who talked to him like an aging family member who needed to confront reality.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
11.1.3  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.2    2 months ago

Stephanopoulos did not say how Biden should feel if Trump wins, he asked how he would feel?

A legitimate question and by no means sandbagging

Biden was ill prepared for the debate and he was also ill prepared for the interview, he was not sandbagged - he was just Joe Biden being Joe Biden

At least some citizens think that is a problem for the country - Joe Biden being Joe Biden I mean of course.

And as for 

an aging family member who needed to confront reality.

Again many people of the country would argue that he is talked to that way by his staff and advisors on a daily basis.  Of course, there is no documented proof (testimony or videos) of that but it is how people feel going into election season.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Robert in Ohio @11.1.3    2 months ago

It was a rhetorical question. It was for the audience.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
11.1.5  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.4    2 months ago

Still no sand bagging involved in this interview - the what if question should have been logically expected and it should have been better prepped.

A good interview and an interviewee that was unready for hard questions.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Robert in Ohio @11.1.5    2 months ago
A good interview and an interviewee that was unready for hard questions.

There were no good answers to those questions and that was the point.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
11.1.7  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.6    2 months ago

That is the point of a good interview to force the interviewee to think outside the box, to have opinions and thoughts on the what if scenarios and to be prepared stand up and say "I don't know" or "It would be my fault" or "It would be no one's fault, the voice of the American people is to be listened and heeded and they would have spoken"

The fact that Biden was not fed softballs or given the questions before the interview to be prepared is not sandbagging it is good journalism.

Biden (and his followers) need to man up and accept that for the fact that it  is

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Robert in Ohio @11.1.7    2 months ago

Still kind of shocking that Joe's team would allow for an unscripted interview after the debate debacle. Reeks of desperation and did not go well. Should have only agreed to interviews where they supply the questions, like in his radio interviews they hand-fed the questions to the interviewer.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Robert in Ohio @11.1.7    2 months ago
The fact that Biden was not fed softballs or given the questions before the interview to be prepared is not sandbagging it is good journalism.

No way Bob. George Stephanopoulos has never been a journalist. He has held debates with Republicans under the guise of "interviews." It was only weeks ago that Stephanopoulos was covering for Biden. I'm sure the Biden campaign looked to him for a lifeline in this interview. The very fact that Stephanopoulos went so far from what had been his norm was striking. 

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
11.1.10  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.9    2 months ago

So it is journalism if he is favoring your candidate but it is sandbagging if the interviewer is objective and asks tough questions.

Interesting outlook that you have on reporters

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Robert in Ohio @11.1.10    2 months ago

I can only assume that you have listened to the way George Stephanopoulos has interviewed Republicans on "This Week?"

You get the last word.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
11.1.12  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.11    2 months ago

I have listened to Mr. Stephanopoulos interview others and I saw no big deviation is style or approach to questioning in this case.

Per Pres Biden will ask for a "do over" since I read somewhere that Secy Yellen thinks his dementia is transitory or words to that effect.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Robert in Ohio @11.1.12    2 months ago

I know I promised you the last word, but I must include this foot note:

ABC News anchor  George Stephanopoulos  apologized Tuesday for telling a stranger that he doesn't think President Biden can serve another four years in office.

Why it matters:  Stephanopoulos conducted a  closely watched interview  of the president last week. The primetime sit-down was a part of the White House's push to quell calls for Biden to  step aside  as the Democratic nominee following his  disastrous debate performance .

George Stephanopoulos apologizes after saying Biden can’t serve another term (axios.com)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.2  Texan1211  replied to  Robert in Ohio @11    2 months ago
I read the article several times - how exactly did Stephanopoulos "sand bag" President Biden?

Biden was asked questions.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
12  Right Down the Center    2 months ago

Even CNN doctor says it is time Joe got tested.  His answer of I get tested every day is obvious bullshit.

George
Junior Expert
12.1  George  replied to  Right Down the Center @12    2 months ago
His answer of I get tested every day is obvious bullshit.

I think what he was trying to say that being president of the United States is a daily cognitive test, if so than he is failing that test. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
12.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  George @12.1    2 months ago
I think what he was trying to say that being president of the United States is a daily cognitive test,

Probably but I thought he was talking about his ability to put his pants on by himself in less than 30 minutes.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
12.1.2  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Right Down the Center @12.1.1    2 months ago
put his pants on by himself in less than 30 minutes.

what, can you do it in 29 ...?   Cause with all that I hear from the rarely "right" is how disastrous our country is doing, yet, it is not disastrous. Our Country is far ahead of all others in recovery from a once in a century pandemic and the stock market sets records constantly. Inflation was high, but that was due to the pandemic and greed, not specific Biden policy. The border I will fault Biden for, as it could of and should have been handled much better, but it is not as disastrous as the Repubs make it out to be, for we need workers to do the jobs todays younger generations think they're above, and out of all those millions that are coming here to destroy US, there has been very scant evidence of this. Yes, there are some horrible individuals that Trump and the GOP attempt to paint all as being, but statistics do not bear this out, in fact, the opposite compared to 'citizens", so perhaps your pants are on fire, are you going to sharpen that 29 minutes up a bit ?

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
12.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Igknorantzruls @12.1.2    2 months ago

Personal insults and it is not joes fault the best you can do?

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
12.1.4  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Right Down the Center @12.1.3    2 months ago
ersonal insults and it is not joes fault the best you can do?

feel free to tell me i can't get my pants on in 28, and then prove it to actually be Joes Fault, I'll wait

27 minutes, then i gotta put my pants on

CB
Professor Principal
12.1.5  CB  replied to  Igknorantzruls @12.1.2    2 months ago
The border I will fault Biden for, as it could of and should have been handled much better, but it is not as disastrous as the Repubs make it out to be, for we need workers to do the jobs todays younger generations think they're above, and out of all those millions that are coming here to destroy US, there has been very scant evidence of this.

It's mind-numbing that "the dreamers" are likely heading towards what is it - middle-age and still do not have the certitude of their statuses as belonging to this country of their birth? The border problem is a mixture of many complex attitudes stretched across the country and those complexities exacerbated by political intrigue across many presidential/congressional paths. 

Biden is not the only president that fails on account of lack of will on this; Donald could not even get it done. . .even though his primary promise in 2016 for MAGA-sake was to built a wall that never materialized. Of course, as "Imperial president" should he win. . . that could drastically change. . . the southern border region. . . and we'll have to see how the farmers and ranchers and whomsoever feel about having their rights bulldozed into the ground by forced changes in the law of eminent domain.

As anybody who is experienced in life knows, in-theory is one thing-in-practice can sting/hurt like a M_F.

CB
Professor Principal
12.1.6  CB  replied to  Igknorantzruls @12.1.2    2 months ago
Yes, there are some horrible individuals that Trump and the GOP attempt to paint all as being, but statistics do not bear this out, in fact, the opposite compared to 'citizens", so perhaps your pants are on fire, are you going to sharpen that 29 minutes up a bit ?

Good point. It is wrong to cast millions of migrants fleeing hell-scapes in their own countries and looking to come invest their talents and skills in a better place as villains. It is wrong to forget that many millions of these people are positive people in their own homelands. . .whom simply can't take the hell and misery of home anymore. Thus, where good people end up they prosper the land around them positively. We should remember that, when the propaganda is stirred over a 'few' bad apples cast as the whole lot.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
13  Buzz of the Orient    2 months ago

Where did the comments that started after 1.1 and ending before 1.1.18 disappear to?  Normally when comments are deleted there is an explanation.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
14  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 months ago
Biden, who spoke in a soft, raspy voice during the interview, also claimed he “wasn’t in control” at the event, saying he was distracted at times 

Distracted at times.  Yeah, I've heard the smell of air can do that to the dementia ridden.

When asked if Biden is the “same man today” as he was when he took office in 2021, Biden said “in terms of successes, yes,”

On that I can agree.  He was a failure in 2021, he's a failure now.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
15  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 months ago

George Stephanopoulos admits he does not 'think' Biden can serve another four years

ABC News host George Stephanopoulos, who hosted the first on-camera interview with President Joe Biden since his debate performance, reportedly said on Tuesday that he does not believe the president can serve another four years.