╌>

Liberals Proved Pence Right About Anti-Christian Discrimination

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  make-america-great-again  •  5 years ago  •  107 comments

Liberals Proved Pence Right About Anti-Christian Discrimination
“Some of the loudest voices for tolerance today have little tolerance for traditional Christian beliefs,” Pence noted. “So as you go about your daily life, just be ready, because you are going to be asked not just to tolerate things that violate your faith, you’re going to be asked to censor them, to bow down to the idols of popular culture.” The vice president wasn’t talking in stereotypes. He knows from personal experience the sort of hostility that Christians face from the political left...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Liberals started proving Vice President Mike Pence correct almost as soon as they heard his warning to Liberty University graduates that they should be prepared to be “shunned or ridiculed” for their Christian faith. Pence was the commencement speaker at Liberty’s 46th commencement on Saturday, and he offered timely advice to the graduating class because people of faith are increasingly attacked for their beliefs in the secular media. 

“Some of the loudest voices for tolerance today have little tolerance for traditional Christian beliefs,” Pence  noted . “So as you go about your daily life, just be ready, because you are going to be asked not just to tolerate things that violate your faith, you’re going to be asked to censor them, to bow down to the idols of popular culture.” 

The vice president wasn’t talking in stereotypes. He knows from personal experience the sort of hostility that Christians face from the political left today, having endured numerous attacks targeting his own faith. 

Earlier this year, for instance, liberals  howled with outrage  after Pence’s wife, Karen, accepted a teaching position at a private school that requires students, parents, and employees to pledge that they accept the school’s traditional Christian beliefs. 

Liberals had never much cared about the school previously, but since Karen is the vice president’s wife, they branded her decision to return to the school, where she had previously taught for 12 years, as “deplorable.” 

More recently, South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg, presumably seeking to set himself apart from a crowded field of Democratic presidential candidates, has  implied  that Pence has a “quarrel” with God merely because Pence adheres to the Biblical understanding of marriage as a union between a man and a woman. 

Pence has never attacked the openly gay Buttigieg over his sexual orientation or same-sex marriage — or any of the candidate’s other personal qualities, for that matter. In fact, when Buttigieg came out publicly in 2015, Pence even expressed  words of praise  for his fellow Hoosier politician. Yet, Buttigieg still tried to make him into a straw man for evangelicals in a transparently political maneuver now that he’s running for president as a Democrat. 

This type of anti-Christian vitriol has also become commonplace on our nation’s college campuses. Christian groups are often banned or harassed, and courses and  workshops  are held to combat things like “Christian privilege” and teach students how to “ queer the Bible .” Then, of course, there’s The New York Times’ despicable attempt to #exposeChristianschools , which stated the objective of this online movement is to share “how traumatizing those bastions of bigotry are” by attacking Christian schools in America. 

Naturally, when Pence told Liberty University’s graduating class that they should be prepared to face that sort of intolerance from the left for holding traditional Christian beliefs, the forces of “tolerance” set their sights on the vice president once again. 

Splinter News , for instance, reported that Pence had “whine[d] about how oppressed Christians are,” completely ignoring the left’s attacks on Pence’s Christian faith while claiming that he was actually advocating “bigotry dressed up as Christianity.” 

The Independent , meanwhile, doubled down on the very sort of anti-Christian animus that Pence was referring to during his commencement speech, declaring that the VP reaffirmed the “anti-abortion stance” of the Trump administration as a way for the publication to paint pro-life views as a form of intolerance. 

Esquire  even ran a story titled “Mike Pence Brought the Full Snowflake Persecution Complex to This Commencement Speech,” mocking "cherub-faced Liberty U. grads.” 

The anger Pence’s speech has inspired among progressives only goes to show that he hit the proverbial nail right on the head. Unaccustomed to being called out for practicing bigotry in the guise of tolerance, the only response liberals could muster was to denigrate the vice president yet again. 

Almost as soon as Mike Pence warned Liberty’s graduates that Christians are being increasingly shunned and ridiculed by the left, the left proceeded to prove his point for him. 

What was supposed to be a final day of reflection and inspiration for Liberty grads has predictably been turned into another vitriolic attack by the liberal media. 

Nonetheless, students of faith should not be discouraged, but rather, they must hold fast to Vice President Pence’s warnings and be always prepared to rise above baseless and hypocritical attacks from the left.

Jerry Falwell Jr. is the president of Liberty University.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

“This type of anti-Christian vitriol has also become commonplace on our nation’s college campuses. Christian groups are often banned or harassed, and courses and workshops are held to combat things like “Christian privilege” and teach students how to “queer the Bible.” Then, of course, there’s The New York Times’ despicable attempt to#exposeChristianschools, which stated the objective of this online movement is to share “how traumatizing those bastions of bigotry are” by attacking Christian schools in America. 

Naturally, when Pence told Liberty University’s graduating class that they should be prepared to face that sort of intolerance from the left for holding traditional Christian beliefs, the forces of “tolerance” set their sights on the vice president once again. 

Splinter News, for instance, reported that Pence had “whine[d] about how oppressed Christians are,” completely ignoring the left’s attacks on Pence’s Christian faith while claiming that he was actually advocating “bigotry dressed up as Christianity.” 

The Independent, meanwhile, doubled down on the very sort of anti-Christian animus that Pence was referring to during his commencement speech, declaring that the VP reaffirmed the “anti-abortion stance” of the Trump administration as a way for the publication to paint pro-life views as a form of intolerance. 

Esquire even ran a story titled “Mike Pence Brought the Full Snowflake Persecution Complex to This Commencement Speech,” mocking "cherub-faced Liberty U. grads.” 

The anger Pence’s speech has inspired among progressives only goes to show that he hit the proverbial nail right on the head. Unaccustomed to being called out for practicing bigotry in the guise of tolerance, the only response liberals could muster was to denigrate the vice president yet again. 

Almost as soon as Mike Pence warned Liberty’s graduates that Christians are being increasingly shunned and ridiculed by the left, the left proceeded to prove his point for him.”

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago
Christian groups are often banned or harassed, and courses and workshops are held to combat things like “Christian privilege” and teach students how to “queer the Bible.”

Christianity has is a huge majority of religious affiliations in this country. How can you possibly feel persecuted ?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson @1.1    5 years ago

Read the seeded article and figure it out.  The answers are there for those willing to be objective.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1.2  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    5 years ago

Please, tell me in Your words why you feel persecuted ? What has happened to you personally that makes you feel persecuted as a Christian ?

I'm not "sea lioning",  I'm just not seaing it. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.2    5 years ago

If you weren’t sea lioning you would have said not seeing it,  not not  seaing it.  The seeded article and Graham are right on in what they are saying. As to me, I’m not waiting until the secular progressives come for me to speak out.  Of course on this very site several of my religious viewpoints are being persecuted by MBFC.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.3    5 years ago

We live in a secular society. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.2    5 years ago
 I'm just not seaing it. 

Of course not. 

Allow me to put forth a prime example for anyone interested. A most recent example.

Do you remember how Mayor Pete launched his campaign?

"Back in 2015, South Bend, Ind.’s mayor, Pete Buttigieg, came out of the closet as a gay man. Asked about the news, Indiana governor, Mike Pence, simply responded, “I hold Mayor Buttigieg in the highest personal regard. I see him as a dedicated public servant and a patriot.”

A year earlier, Buttigieg had been deployed to Afghanistan as a member of the U.S. Naval Reserve. According to the Indianapolis Star, “a noticeably moved Pence called Buttigieg the day he was driving to the base.”

There is no evidence that Pence has ever said an unkind word about or done an unkind thing to Buttigieg.
So, naturally, Buttigieg is attacking Pence as a homophobic bigot nearly every day on the campaign trail. Appearing on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Buttigieg sneered, “He’s nice. If he were here, you would think he’s a nice guy to your face. But he’s also fanatical.” Speaking at the LGBTQ Victory Fund National Champagne Brunch in Washington, Buttigieg tore into Pence’s supposed intolerance: “That’s the thing I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand. That if you got a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me — your quarrel, sir, is with my creator.” This week, Buttigieg tweeted, clearly in reference to Pence, “People will often be polite to you in person, while advancing policies that harm you and your family. You will be polite to them in turn, but you need not stand for such harms. Instead, you push back, honestly and emphatically. "

/www.dailywire.com/news/45804/shapiro-national-review-pete-buttigiegs-bad-faith-ben-shapiro

To this day Pence has never said an unkind word about or done an unkind thing to Buttigieg!  Yet Buttigieg has used his homosexuality and Mike Pence (smearing him) to get publicity and launch his campaign!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1.6  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.3    5 years ago

The "seaing it" was just a little joke, relax.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    5 years ago

Pence is a great man unlike the one running for President from their state attacking him.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.8  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.7    5 years ago

If lying is a sin, Pence is screwed. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.1.9  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.3    5 years ago
Of course on this very site several of my religious viewpoints are being persecuted by MBFC

Nobody is persecuting you. 

Yet another whiny crybaby article about persecution that doesn't even exist. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.7    5 years ago

He's an uptight little fundamentalist prick, deep in the closet.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    5 years ago
I'm just not seaing it

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    5 years ago

Bingo!  You clearly are 100% correct.  

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
1.1.13  Old Hermit  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    5 years ago
To this day Pence has never said an unkind word about or done an unkind thing to Buttigieg!  Yet Buttigieg has used his homosexuality and Mike Pence (smearing him) to get publicity and launch his campaign!

To this day Pence has often spat on Americans like Buttigieg and now he says; Contempt for Buttigieg and other Americans like him, who ME?

Pence is just another Westboro christian in a velvet glove and despite that Buttigieg has not spoken poorly of Pence personally only mentioning that his, Bittigieg's, understanding of Christianity differs from Pence's, ( more like Jesus's teachings and less like Westboro hate? ).

A Timeline of Mike Pence’s Discrimination Against the LGBT Community

2000: During his congressional campaign, Mike Pence said, “Congress should oppose any effort to put gay and lesbian relationships on an equal legal status with heterosexual marriage.”

2000: Pence also supported the reauthorization of the Ryan White Care Act only if federal dollars were excluded from organizations who “celebrate” and “encourage” behavior that facilitates spreading of the HIV virus. Further, Pence supported this reauthorization only if “those institutions provided assistance to those looking to change their sexual behavior”, an off-the-cuff endorsement for ex-gay conversion therapy.

2004: Mike Pence co-sponsored a proposed amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would define marriage as solely between one man and one woman.

2007: Pence voted against the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA).

2010: Mike Pence voted against the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” repeal which allowed LGBT Americans to openly serve their country in military service.

2012: Pence refused to say on the record if he supported a same-sex couple raising a child together.

2014: Gov. Pence supported HJR-3, a bill to add an amendment banning same-sex marriage to Indiana’s Constitution.

2015: Governor Pence signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act in a closed-door ceremony surrounded by special interest lobbyists.

2015 : Governor Pence said on ABC’s “This Week” that it was “absolutely not” a mistake to sign RFRA, throwing Indiana into a $250 million economic panic and putting Indiana’s “Hoosier Hospitality” reputation in jeopardy.

2015 : Even after his approval rating plummets from RFRA, Mike Pence on July 22 told the media he is “studying” the issue of LGBT rights and whether or not he’d support across the board protections for the LGBT community.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    5 years ago
nce has ever said an unkind word about or done an unkind thing to Buttigieg.

Since the Democrats are a party built on victimology, Buttegig needed to create  fake attacks by Pence to give him credibility with the oppression worshipers who will pick the next DEmocrat nominee.  

If he told the truth, that Pence has always treated him with respect, he'd be run out of the party.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Sean Treacy  replied to  Old Hermit @1.1.13    5 years ago

Great list of positions that were embraced by Obama, Biden, Schumer  the Clintons etc...

The Democratic front runner spit on gay Americans like Buttigieg . Big news!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Old Hermit @1.1.13    5 years ago

Pence was right in each and every one of those instances.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.17  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.14    5 years ago

They actually coerced Biden to apologize for daring to say that Pence was actually a nice guy.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Vic Eldred  replied to  Old Hermit @1.1.13    5 years ago

Mike Pence stands behind that record. He is a religious man, you see, following the teachings of his religion. 

My statement is correct. Despite the beliefs of the two men Pence has treated Buttigieg as an individual with decency.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.14    5 years ago
Since the Democrats are a party built on victimology, Buttegig needed to create  fake attacks by Pence to give him credibility with the oppression worshipers who will pick the next DEmocrat nominee.

That's an understatement. Buttigieg has basically entered the race as a homosexual. He has spoken on all issues since then, (that's for independents), the bottom line for democrats continues to be "what you are"

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.20  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    5 years ago
Read the seeded article and figure it out.  The answers are there for those willing to be objective.  

How are your any other Christian being persecuted and denied the right to believe in god and worship? How exactly are they being persecuted? Are they being arrested for attending church or praying?

What are the names of these persecuted Christians?

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.21  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.3    5 years ago
If you weren’t sea lioning you would have said not seeing it,  not not  seaing it.  The seeded article and Graham are right on in what they are saying. As to me, I’m not waiting until the secular progressives come for me to speak out.

Who told you that would happen? Do we have secular progressive re-education camps? 

Of course on this very site several of my religious viewpoints are being persecuted by MBFC.

You have never been persecuted by MBFC.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.22  Gordy327  replied to  epistte @1.1.20    5 years ago
How are your any other Christian being persecuted and denied the right to believe in god and worship? How exactly are they being persecuted? Are they being arrested for attending church or praying?

Short answer: they're not!

What are the names of these persecuted Christians?

Clearly some Christians do not understand what persecution really is. But they toss the word around with wild abandon whenever they are questioned or challenged. 

Who told you that would happen? Do we have secular progressive re-education camps?

I'm wondering that too. Do I detect a hint of paranoia?

You have never been persecuted by MBFC.

Doesn't MBFC view contradict his? That's persecution, right? jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.23  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @1.1.21    5 years ago

I’m daily.  I am the walking living personhood of all that they call questionable, propaganda, pseudoscience, and the labels they mimic from the SPLC. I’m proud that if I were a website rather than a living human person that I would not be allowed to be sourced or seeded from here due to how they rate things.  It’s a personal badge of honor.  

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.24  epistte  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.22    5 years ago
Clearly some Christians do not understand what persecution really is. But they toss the word around with wild abandon whenever they are questioned or challenged. 

I'm wondering that too. Do I detect a hint of paranoia?

Just a hint? I'm sensing multiple highway billboards, like Burma-Shave. I heard that evangelicals thought that Hillary would create gay conversion camps for children if she was elected.

Doesn't MBFC view contradict his? That's persecution, right?

[deleted]

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.25  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.23    5 years ago
I’m daily.  I am the walking living personhood of all that they call questionable, propaganda, pseudoscience, and the labels they mimic from the SPLC. I’m proud that if I were a website rather than a living human person that I would not be allowed to be sourced or seeded from here due to how they rate things.  It’s a personal badge of honor.  

Why are you on a public discussion forum if you cannot accept that ideas are discussed and criticized?  Did you expect to be exempt from being criticized because of your religious beliefs? 

Let me get my violin and play a song for you. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.26  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.23    5 years ago
 I am the walking living personhood of all that they call questionable, propaganda, pseudoscience, and the labels they mimic from the SPLC.

Such delusions of grandeur.

It’s a personal badge of honor.

More like embarrassment. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.27  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @1.1.25    5 years ago

I have no problem at all with ideas being debated, discussed, even criticized.  I’m all for it.  I believe one counters speech with more speech.  I have no issue with my religious beliefs or your secular ones being criticized.  But that’s not what I’m talking about.  I’m talking about sites being prohibited from even being used here because their history, science, religious, or political ideas and beliefs are comparable to mine.  I’m the one advocating more and free speech not engaging in content control censoring of whole sectors of one ideology and calling that community standards.  You are only 180 degrees off base in your critique of what I was saying. I advocate for more and freer speech, not moving goal post constantly changing limits imposed from outside by a capricious organization. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.28  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.26    5 years ago

No grandeur at all.  Just saying that if all my ideas, values, and beliefs were taken as a whole and I were a website that Dave Van Zandt would call me a pseudoscience, questionable, propaganda, and based on the SPLC, a hater too.  I’m just saying that I wear all of those labels as a matter of personal pride and stand in total defiance of everything he and his organization stands for.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.29  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.28    5 years ago
I’m just saying that I wear all of those labels as a matter of personal pride and stand in total defiance of everything he and his organization stands for.  

Whatever works for you. Frankly, I would be embarrassed to have any of those labels. They're not something any logical person would take pride in!

I’m the one advocating more and free speech not engaging in content control censoring of whole sectors of one ideology and calling that community standards.

I'm sure you can find a Fox-esque site where all your ideas will be welcome as gospel.

I advocate for more and freer speech,

Yet you cry persecution when any speech contradicts or challenges yours! Oh the irony!

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.30  epistte  replied to  epistte @1.1.24    5 years ago
[deleted]

I want this statement returned because facts are persecution to him. Facts in the form of SCOTUS decisions, US history, logic, and science. I'm sure that JeffersonXXX doesn't like it but facts do not need his approval to be true.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.31  epistte  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.15    5 years ago
Great list of positions that were embraced by Obama, Biden, Schumer  the Clintons etc... The Democratic front runner spit on gay Americans like Buttigieg . Big news!

Hillary is a center-right democrat who 40 years ago would have been a Republican. She was never a liberal or a progressive, despite what she tried to claim. Bernie is the progressive. Liz warren is liberal but she isn't a progressive.

Nancy is a party Democrat but she is not a progressive. She is a liberal on some social issues but she is far more protective of her corporate interests.

Biden and Schumer are Democrats but not  liberal. Obama became more liberal as his administration went on but Id never call him a progressive.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.32  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.3    5 years ago
The seeded article and Graham are right on in what they are saying.

I'm so glad to see that even you can't tell the RW fundamentalists apart. Jerry Falwell Jr. wrote the op/ed, not Graham...

As to me, I’m not waiting until the secular progressives come for me to speak out. Of course on this very site several of my religious viewpoints are being persecuted by MBFC.

Cry me a river. Or should I say an Ocean since you surpassed a river long ago...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.33  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.18    5 years ago

Pence has treated Buttigieg with dignity and respect while Buttigieg has treated Pence with hate and contempt. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.34  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.14    5 years ago

Some democrats tried to run Joe Biden out of the party after he said that Mike Pence was a nice guy.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.35  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.33    5 years ago
Pence has treated Buttigieg with dignity and respect while Buttigieg has treated Pence with hate and contempt.

As Governor, Pence revoked Equal Employment Opportunity protections for State employees. In Congress, he voted against revoking Don't Ask Don't Tell and he advocated diverting HIV/Aids funding to conversion therapy programs. 

All of those actions and more were in direct opposition to treating Buttigieg and other citizens in Indiana with dignity and respect. 

As for how Buttigieg has treated Pence, this is what he said:

“That’s the thing that I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand,” Buttigieg said of the vice president, who has opposed same-sex marriage. “That if you have a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me. Your quarrel, sir, is with my creator.”

Where is the 'hate and contempt' you speak of Xx? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.36  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.34    5 years ago
Some democrats tried to run Joe Biden out of the party after he said that Mike Pence was a nice guy.

Prove it. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago

When has little Mikey ever been persecuted?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    5 years ago

He’s standing up for people like us who share some or most of his beliefs who are being persecuted.  The rest of us aren’t going to wait until we are being persecuted to speak out against it when we see it.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.1    5 years ago
being persecuted.

Name ONE instance. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.2    5 years ago

Mayor Butt is trying to persecute the Vice President.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.3    5 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.3    5 years ago

How is Mayor Pete persecuting the little prick?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.2.6  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.3    5 years ago
Mayor Butt

Your homophobia is showing.

You certainly are obsessed with what men do in bed with other men.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.7  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.3    5 years ago

What charges? What court? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.5    5 years ago

By attacking him and calling him out for no reason when Pence has said and done nothing to him to warrant such personal  attacks

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  katrix @1.2.6    5 years ago

That is simply a shortening or abbreviation of his name.  Mayor Butt...

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1.2.10  Freefaller  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.9    5 years ago
That is simply a shortening or abbreviation of his name

[Removed

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.11  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.8    5 years ago
By attacking him and calling him out for no reason when Pence has said and done nothing to him to warrant such personal  attacks

That is protected free speech. Your religious beliefs do not determine the free speech rights of others, unless I can limit your free speech when you refer to secular progressives? 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.2.12  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.3    5 years ago

How can a mayor of medium-sized city persecute the US Vice President? Is the Secret Service also part of Mayor Butt's plan?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.13  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.3    5 years ago

How? 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.14  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.8    5 years ago

How is it that you always feel persecuted? Could it be that you're doing something wrong?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.15  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.8    5 years ago

Attacking prick Pence how?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2  MrFrost    5 years ago

I wonder if pence feels the same way about Muslims? I'm sure he does because he would never be a hypocrite...right?

Jim of the Great Northwoods
Freshman Silent
3  Jim of the Great Northwoods    5 years ago

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1  cjcold  replied to  Jim of the Great Northwoods @3    5 years ago

Christianity couldn't exist without the constant delusion of persecution. It's written into their charter.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Gordy327  replied to  cjcold @3.1    5 years ago

Notice how those claiming they're being persecuted can't even provide 1 example of the so called persecution. I doubt they truly understand what persecution really is.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @3.1.1    5 years ago

we see and feel it even here on this site every day.  Some of our beliefs on any issue religious or political or science and denominations can’t even be posted here because an atheist calls our beliefs hate or questionable or pseudoscience.  So yes, even here and on other internet and social media conservative evangelical Christians are being directly persecuted often directly by the ownership of the various sites.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.2    5 years ago

For example I once seeded an article about angels from the official news site of the United Methodist Church in the religion section and the article was locked because the United Methodist denominations news site had not yet been rated by the board of censors at MBFC.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.4  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.2    5 years ago

And yet, you still can't cite 1 instance of persecution, not to mention you demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of what persecution is. All you've done, and continue to do is whine about something that isn't happening or complaint that no one takes your BS seriously. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.5  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.3    5 years ago

That's it? That's all you have? LMAO jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Freefaller  replied to  Gordy327 @3.1.5    5 years ago

[Removed

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.7  Gordy327  replied to  Freefaller @3.1.6    5 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @3.1.5    5 years ago

It’s enough. To have our ghetto of secular and socially liberal Christian or so called pro science approved “Christian” sites that don’t cross their sensibilities and comply with their yellow stars of secular approval or at least tolerance...

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.9  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.8    5 years ago
To have our ghetto of secular and socially liberal Christian or so called pro science approved “Christian” sites that don’t cross their sensibilities and comply with their yellow stars of secular approval or at least tolerance.

How melodramatic.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @3.1.9    5 years ago

It is not in any way melodramatic but a metaphor for the bigoted persecution of conservative evangelical Christians by Dave Van Zandt and his fans.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.11  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.10    5 years ago
It is not in any way melodramatic but a metaphor for the bigoted persecution of conservative evangelical Christians by Dave Van Zandt and his fans.  

Yep, melodramatic!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @3.1.11    5 years ago

Not at all.  The simple unvarnished truth of the matter and factually correct. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.13  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.2    5 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.14  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.12    5 years ago
Not at all.  The simple unvarnished truth of the matter and factually correct. 

Only in your mind!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.15  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @3.1.9    5 years ago

No, it’s the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1.16  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.15    5 years ago

Why? Because you say so? Pardon me while I laugh.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Gordy327 @3.1.16    5 years ago

Prick Pence is so far in the closet.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.17    5 years ago

Aren't we supposed to be celebrating gay people this month?

Or do you only like gays who are Democrats?

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.19  epistte  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.17    5 years ago

He'll put an eye out with those wire hangers.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.20  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.17    5 years ago

Really?  Let me guess.  Mayor Buttigieg and his husband threw him and the rest of us Christians in there with him so that we could all be compelled to serve their every whim upon demand.  That those demands violate ones deeply held religious beliefs is of no concern to these Jack booted thugs who demand cakes, flowers, art, pictures, catering, planning, and whatever for what is believed to be an immoral and sinful act. 

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.21  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.20    5 years ago
Really?  Let me guess.  Mayor Buttigieg and his husband threw him and the rest of us Christians in there with him so that we could all be compelled to serve their every whim upon demand.  That those demands violate ones deeply held religious beliefs is of no concern to these Jack booted thugs who demand cakes, flowers, art, pictures, catering, planning, and whatever for what is believed to be an immoral and sinful act. 

Where did Jesus say to treat others differently because of their sex or gender?

Why does Luke 6:31 seem to be religious kryptonite to you and other conservatives? How can denial of equal service, or equal treatment possibly be a religious freedom when your savior explicitly told you not to do it? 

Do you not follow the teachings of your own savior, who you claim to be the son of God? Did he give you exemptions?

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.22  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.15    5 years ago
No, it’s the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God.  

Why do you willfully ignore the teachings of Jesus when it suits your political biases?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3.1.23  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  epistte @3.1.22    5 years ago
Why do you willfully ignore the teachings of Jesus when it suits your political biases?

The biggest detriment to Christianity is hypocrisy.  Always has been.  Always will be.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3.1.24  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.20    5 years ago
That those demands violate ones deeply held religious beliefs is of no concern to these Jack booted thugs who demand cakes, flowers, art, pictures, catering, planning, and whatever for what is believed to be an immoral and sinful act. 

Why do you give a flying fart if people you don't know want a cake and flowers at their wedding?   There's something you might want to consider as you continue on your nonsensical crusade.  You are focused entirely on what other people do behind closed doors.  That makes you a social media Mr. Peepers.  You'll be a much happier, healthier person if you focus on improving your own increasing list of self-loathing disappointments, and keep your filthy mind out of the bedrooms of others.  Amen?

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.25  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.2    5 years ago

How many times does it have to be explained to you that content rules on a PRIVATE forum is NOT persecution. You willingly signed up for membership here, you know what the rules are and you know that the RA has the last and final word on content. Yet you incessantly whine about it...

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.26  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.3    5 years ago
because the United Methodist denominations news site had not yet been rated by the board of censors at MBFC.

Well that 'rule' no longer exists. You should be celebrating. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.27  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.13    5 years ago

How very self absorbed...

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.1.28  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.20    5 years ago

Mayor Buttigieg wears jack boots ?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.29  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @3.1.22    5 years ago

Jesus always was kind to the repentant sinner and said go and sin no more after forgiving their sins.  He never ever aided and abetted us sinners he spent time with in their/our sins.  He’d no more bake a cake for a gay wedding which would be a sin and the acts committed there after an abomination before His father than drive the get away car for the bank robbery.  It was Jesus who came down and with two angels told Abraham what was going to happen to Sodom and Gomorrah and negotiated with Abraham to spare the cities if only ten just men could be found in them.  There were none. It was He who carried it out after the Angels got the part of Abraham’s family out that would leave.  

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.30  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.29    5 years ago
Jesus always was kind to the repentant sinner and said go and sin no more after forgiving their sins.  He never ever aided and abetted us sinners he spent time with in their/our sins.  He’d no more bake a cake for a gay wedding which would be a sin and the acts committed there after an abomination before His father than drive the get away car for the bank robbery.  It was Jesus who came down and with two angels told Abraham what was going to happen to Sodom and Gomorrah and negotiated with Abraham to spare the cities if only ten just men could be found in them.  There were none. It was He who carried it out after the Angels got the part of Abraham’s family out that would leave.  

Jesus didn't condemn gay people. 

"For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother’s womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it," ( Matthew 19:12 ).

Jesus told his followers not to judge lest they also be judged.

Luke 6:37 New King James Version (NKJV)

37  “Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.31  epistte  replied to  pat wilson @3.1.28    5 years ago
Mayor Buttigieg wears jack boots ?

Only with his cosplay outfit to the Pride parade. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1.32  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.2    5 years ago

or science

Pretty sure you know nothing about science. Your every seed and post illustrates that.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.33  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.29    5 years ago

You've just proven that you haven't a clue what the bible actually says Xx. Well done. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    5 years ago

Liberty University is Known to be, and touts itself as being a private co-educational Christian university, and there were Students and professors that walked out on Pence when he started talking about Christian values.

WTF are those that walked out doing there in the first place then ? Trying to "Change' the university to fit their wants ? jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

What …… They were "Shocked" to learn they were in a " Christian University" all along ? jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Talk about "MELODRAMATIC FUCKED UP FOLKS" ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @4    5 years ago

Someone's emoji privileges need to be revoked 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    5 years ago

And you waited three weeks to make an objection because.....?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.1    5 years ago

Looks to me like she probably saw this article because you just fluffed it back onto the front page.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.4  Dulay  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.1.3    5 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.1.3    5 years ago

I simply switched it to op ed instead of news and politics.  At least I think this is one of those from yesterday. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.5    5 years ago

There is an almost 3 week gap between Gordy's comment #3.1.11 and your comment #3.1.12.  Your comment would have bumped this article back onto the FP.  I'm sure you know this, as it's a tactic you frequently use.  Your use of this tactic is common knowledge.  It's absurd to complain when your article gets the traffic for which you are obviously begging.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.1.7  epistte  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.1.6    5 years ago

I thought that bumping a person's own threads was frowned upon.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1.8  Raven Wing  replied to  epistte @4.1.7    5 years ago

It is. But, some people think that it only means everyone else but them. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1.9  Raven Wing  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.1.6    5 years ago
I'm sure you know this, as it's a tactic you frequently use. 

Much too frequently. 

epistte
Junior Guide
4.1.10  epistte  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1.8    5 years ago
It is. But, some people think that it only means everyone else but them. 

I'm sure they have a passage from the bible that applies to this................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.1.3    5 years ago
'Looks to me like she probably saw this article because you just fluffed it back onto the front page.'

Exactly Sandy!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.12  cjcold  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1.9    5 years ago

Also curious as to how many names a member can have. Seems this one has many. Why is that?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.13  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    5 years ago
Someone's emoji privileges need to be revoked 

jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1.14  Raven Wing  replied to  epistte @4.1.10    5 years ago
I'm sure they have a passage from the bible that applies to this................

Very true. They seem to have one for every other excuse they come up with. Just not sure what Bible they are finding them in. Must be one they wrote themselves.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1.15  Raven Wing  replied to  cjcold @4.1.12    5 years ago
Also curious as to how many names a member can have. Seems this one has many. Why is that?

You'll have to ask Perrie that question, being as it is her site. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1.15    5 years ago

One can never have more than one account and each account can only have one name at any given time.