╌>

Pro Trump NSC official Testifies there was quid pro quo

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  179 comments

Pro Trump NSC official Testifies there was quid pro quo

Tim Morrison, a conservative White House official with no ax to grind against Trump, has verified the version of events given last week by Ambassador William Taylor, a US diplomat to Ukraine who says there was a scheme afoot by Americans , working for Trump's interests, to withhold aid to Ukraine until the Ukrainian  government  agreed to publicly announce an investigation of Joe Biden. 

Where is any evidence that Trump is innocent? 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Tim Morrison, the top Russia and Europe adviser on President Trump’s National Security Council, on Thursday corroborated the testimony of a senior U.S. diplomat who last week offered House impeachment investigators the most detailed account to date for how Trump tried to use his office to pressure Ukraine to investigate former vice president Joe Biden, according to people familiar with his deposition. Morrison told impeachment investigators that the account offered by William B. Taylor Jr., the acting ambassador to Ukraine, is accurate. He said that he alerted Taylor to a push by Trump and his deputies to withhold both security aid and a White House visit for the Ukrainian president until Ukraine agreed to investigate the Bidens and interference in the 2016 presidential election, said one person, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive discussions.
Morrison, who told colleagues Wednesday that he plans to leave the Trump administration, said he did not necessarily view the president’s demands as improper or illegal, but rather problematic for U.S. policy in supporting an ally in the region.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1  lady in black  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Now comes the condemnation of Tim Morrison for telling THE TRUTH

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  lady in black @1.1    5 years ago

Now comes the condemnation of Tim Morrison for telling THE TRUTH

They'll just label him a RINO.  It's happened before, it will happen again.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago
Morrison, who told colleagues Wednesday that he plans to leave the Trump administration, said he did not necessarily view the president’s demands as improper or illegal, but rather problematic for U.S. policy in supporting an ally in the region.

Wise choice to leave, albeit a little late.  

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.1  JBB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2    5 years ago

Good timing! "Anonymous" has a book coming out...

user image
Freshman Silent
2      5 years ago

Where is any evidence that Trump is innocent? 

A window into the mind of liberals. If they were American, they would know that people are assumed innocent until proven guilty. More proof of a Russian asset.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
2.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  @2    5 years ago
More proof of a Russian asset.

WTF?

Yes, I agree that Trump is a Russian asset.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  al Jizzerror @2.1    5 years ago
Yes, I agree that Trump is a Russian asset.

Boom shaka-laka! 

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.2    replied to  al Jizzerror @2.1    5 years ago

[Deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  @2.1.2    5 years ago

lol. I hope this strand of nonsense is not the pinnacle of your abilities. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Dulay  replied to  @2.1.2    5 years ago

That is the most cogent defense of Trump posted today. /s

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  lady in black  replied to  al Jizzerror @2.1    5 years ago

74209841_1201978083336270_2630014032475586560_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_eui2=AeFh_ATe7FskKLLRUgN0xl30S9RllvUgdfyDeXeGm-VvsayhqFzZGcPp5xXStKqaR8tbKOt_FyxWfdccmaCGBK7Mps_fBrg1FdG5A9h3iQ1F1w&_nc_oc=AQmnWKLJ8jTqlsIohZpGvL-BlnuFUkiuLIPK8GB1ob0jZVl_B435BLeMbWxueyxXxSs&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=9b9c77f06cdc1f7db9b5d833f548eabf&oe=5E582BE5

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
2.1.6  al Jizzerror  replied to  lady in black @2.1.5    5 years ago

Out fucking standing!

This is a "being deported by Trump" costume.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  al Jizzerror @2.1.6    5 years ago

Now that's clever!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.9  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @2.1.8    5 years ago

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Release The Kraken @2.1.8    5 years ago

384 384

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2  Ozzwald  replied to  @2    5 years ago
If they were American, they would know that people are assumed innocent until proven guilty.

That's in a court of law.  Trump hasn't reached that point yet.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.2  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.1    5 years ago
Predicted on your OPINION;

Did you READ the rest of that 'essay'? The prefix and summary BOTH cite being accused of a CRIME and speak of the legal system. Impeachment isn't a "legal' process, it is a political process. 

After Trump is impeached, THEN the legal process starts...

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.4  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.3    5 years ago
So, CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS only come into play when one is either impeached or indicted.  Got it.

You obviously don't 'got it'. 

It's due process of LAW, not due process of POLITICS. 

The right to due process lies within the JUDICIAL SYSTEM after you've been accused of a crime. PERIOD full stop. Hell, a Grand Jury investigation includes ZERO due process, NONE. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.6  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

That's going to keep me up at night MUVA. /s

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.9  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.8    5 years ago
So, per you the Democrats bullshit cry of protecting the Constitution is immaterial as they're simply playing politics. Got it.

Again, you obviously don't 'got it' and the fact that you posted a strawman proves it. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.2.10  bbl-1  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.8    5 years ago

Uh no.  If the impeachment proceedings are presented by the House the trial will be in the Senate, presided over by the Chief Justice of The Supreme Court.

If that happens then the prosecution and the defense will be obliged to present their witnesses for statements, evidence and cross examination.  All of this will be under oath.  All of this will be in public and most likely on the televisions in the World.

Most importantly, an impeachment is a Constitutional matter.  At this point I am unsure what your complaint is.  Unless you know the president through evidence, testimony and witnesses is unable to defend himself against the charges brought.

This too.  The president has the right, should he choose to exercise it, to testify under oath on his own behalf in the Senate trial.  Question is, will he, should he and how well can he present himself?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.11  Sean Treacy  replied to  bbl-1 @2.2.10    5 years ago
fense will be obliged to present their witnesses for statements, evidence and cross examination.

The defense doesn't have to do anything and almost certainly won't.  There's almost zero chance of a removal at this point. As soon as the prosecution is done, they will ask for a vote and Trump will be acquitted with somewhere around 50 votes.

It's partisan all down the line, just like the Clinton impeachment.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.12  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.11    5 years ago

Actually, Trump's is much more partisan. 31 Democrats voted to open an Impeachment Inquiry against Clinton in 1998

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2.13  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.11    5 years ago
There's almost zero chance of a removal at this point.

Correct.  Trump could shoot a person, in the street while in the middle of a video interview, and Republicans would still not remove him from office.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.14  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @2.2.12    5 years ago
Trump's is much more partisan

Exactly. This will be the most partisan impeachment ever. Thanks for making that explicit. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.15  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.14    5 years ago
Exactly. This will be the most partisan impeachment ever.

Yes and it's the GOP who are making it the most partisan. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.16  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.14    5 years ago
This will be the most partisan impeachment ever.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.17  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @2.2.15    5 years ago
es and it's the GOP who are making it the most partisan

No, it the Democrats who are making it partisan  for pressing forward with an impeachment with zero bipartisan support.  They started the process with no bipartisan support, thus it's their fault.  If the Republicans had gone ahead and impeached Obama with no Democratic support, it would have been the Republicans fault it was partisan, not the Democrats. Even though you  would have blamed the Democrats for making the impeachment of Obama partisan. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.18  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.16    5 years ago

[deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.21  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.11    5 years ago
The defense doesn't have to do anything and almost certainly won't.

Trump can't STFU about the even a perceived slight.

Are you actually making the ridiculous posit that Trump will allow GOP Senators and his lawyers to idly stand by while the House Managers [prosecutors] lay out the evidence against him? 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2.22  Ozzwald  replied to    5 years ago
Odickhead Obama

m3h5vw362ec11.jpg

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.23  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    5 years ago
Obama murdered Americans without due process and you said shit

If the person Trump shot on 5th Ave was a known Islamic terrorist, even if they were an American citizen, I'm pretty sure he would get away with it if not even called a hero by his followers.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.25  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.17    5 years ago
No, it the Democrats who are making it partisan  for pressing forward with an impeachment with zero bipartisan support.  They started the process with no bipartisan support, thus it's their fault.  

Nope. The WH DEMANDED the very process that the House passed yesterday yet not one of the Republican Congressman supported what the WH DEMANDED. 

Actually the Resolution passed by the Democrats give Trump MORE representation than the WH counsel DEMANDED in his letter. 

It's an example of the saying: Be careful what you wish for, you may get it. 

If the Republicans had gone ahead and impeached Obama with no Democratic support, it would have been the Republicans fault it was partisan, not the Democrats.

Other than the FACT that Obama never did anything worthy of Impeachment, the reason that the GOP couldn't Impeach Obama is that they were so divided. Most of the GOP just let the 'Freedom Caucus' howl at the moon. 

Even though you  would have blamed the Democrats for making the impeachment of Obama partisan.

Please do not endeavor to pretend that you have the slightest clue about what I would do. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.29  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

How can you tone down not caring? 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.30  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    5 years ago
Murdering Americans is not worthy of impeachment?

I think when it's a known terrorist over seas working with other extremists to kill American soldiers and civilians and the options are: A. Send troops into harms way to attempt capture so we can try and convict a traitorous American terrorist; or B. Send targeted drone to attack known terrorist and terrorist allies without risking American soldier lives:, I can understand why some chose to go with option "B". Even though I don't completely agree with it, I understand why some in the Bush and then in the Obama administration felt using secret white house lawyer approved anti-terrorist tactics were necessary.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.32  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

Please cite the number of the Resolution that includes an Article of Impeachment against Obama for murder. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.33  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.30    5 years ago

I'm no lawyer but aren't American citizens who go join ISIS and other terrorist groups called "enemy combatants"?

And from what I understand enemy combatants can be summarily executed

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.39  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

I guess I should have included a sarcasm note. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.40  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

Really? Then who were you referring to when you asked the question? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.42  Trout Giggles  replied to    5 years ago

Then I'm wrong.

I admit I pulled that one from my nether regions

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.43  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.33    5 years ago
American citizens who go join ISIS and other terrorist groups called "enemy combatants"?

Both the Bush administration and Obama administration used top secret legal opinions to claim both the gathering of vast amounts of internet data, torture and extra-judicial drone killings were "legal", but they haven't really seen the light of day, though some details have been leaked by Snowden and others. Even the current Trump administration is using the same secret legal rulings as guidelines for their military actions and continued use of drones. In fact the current administration repealed an Obama era rule that required the administration to report the civilian drone deaths so now they are still happening, Trump just doesn't have to tell anyone about them.

"President Donald Trump has revoked a policy set by his predecessor requiring US intelligence officials to publish the number of civilians killed in drone strikes outside of war zones."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.44  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago
'Holy fuck, never thought the left would sanction state sponsored murder, good thing you support the killing of that thug dickhead Michael Brown! Now all we need is an accusation. The left has completely forfeited the moral high ground.'

What the fuck?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.45  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.43    5 years ago

thank-you

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.47  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
Show me a source for that! 

Trout is the source for that QUESTION. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.49  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

I don't need to read anything again.

I asked you two relevant questions. Answer, don't answer but FFS, STOP boring me. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.51  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
I guess that's why I asked her.   You should quit now.

You didn't ASK her for anything. You EXCLAIMED and STATED. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.53  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

Does THIS help? 

Please cite the number of the Resolution that includes an Article of Impeachment against Obama for murder. 

Am I to answer your question based on your machinations? 

Do you have a citation or NOT?

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.54  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
Sigh...........It's called precedent

Which connects to THIS TOPIC how exactly? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.57  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
For something i never claimed happened? Seriously, now i'm no longer bored just amused. Try harder!

You asked me whether it was an Impeachable offense.

Rather than just accept your innuendo, I asked for a citation of the offense to make an evaluation in context to Impeachment. 

That's how this shit works. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.58  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

You've got nothing. Got ya. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.61  Split Personality  replied to    5 years ago
And it is definitely worthy of impeachment. if trump had done it you would have lost your mind, and rightfully so!  

Nope. This is your hangup and one which I would venture to say, not too many Americans give a damn about. 

Americans who go off to join the terrorists and are killed overseas  in any of the SHole ME countries get no sympathy from

me, and in fact Trump made his case very clear by revoking Muthansan's (sic) US passport for joining ISIS. 

The UK & Danes have done the same.

As long as we are at war with ISIS, Al Queda, et.al., the deaths of American jihadists at the direction of the

Commander in Chief will never be a war crime or impeachable.

I encourage Mr Trump to go kill as many as possible because we don't want them coming back here at all.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.62  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
Sigh.....sure you did.

Sure I did what? 

So are you claiming that Obama didn’t order the execution of Americans? 

Why would I continue to answer YOUR questions when you refuse to answer mine? 

Oh BTFW, I thought you didn't have time? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.63  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
We will accept your expert opinion on having nothing.

Do you think that pretending to speak for others besides yourself makes you more important? 

betrayus? 

Deflection. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.64  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @2.2.62    5 years ago
Oh BTFW, I thought you didn't have time?

What he meant was..................

[Deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.65  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.64    5 years ago

[Deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.66  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.61    5 years ago

always cracks me up when brainless boneheads claim that due process is valid outside the boundaries of the US and it's territories.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.70  devangelical  replied to    5 years ago

no, but if she joins a terrorist organization in the ME and happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, all bets are off.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.71  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
What question? The link to something that doesn’t exist?

Well thanks for finally admitting it. So NO Resolution has ever included a charge of murder against Obama. Yet you insist he committed murder. Why? 

BTFW, IF a POTUS committed murder while in office, IMHO, it would be Impeachable. 

Now how about an answer to my question about your precedent comment. 

Oh and the one on the meaning of 'high crimes" too? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.75  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
How about something besides a disappearing act?

I'm right here. 

Betrayus? When was it first used again?

No answers, more deflection. Every time you dredge up old shit to deflect from you ability to be cogent, it merely chips away at what little credibility you retain. 

You've had a couple of hours to formulate your answer. Do you know what the founders meant by 'high crimes' yet? Enlighten me. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.77  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
Crimes greater than a misdemeanor?

Why the question mark loki? You've had hours to invest some time to do some research and make a cogent comment yet THAT'S what you come up with. It's pretty fucking sad but not a surprise. 

Let me guess, you have a low functioning liberal douchebag who has a different opinion, which is nothing but an opinion.
but since it fits your need to impeach you are backing the douchebag.

The 'low functioning liberal douchebags' whose opinions I rely on include Alexander Hamilton's, Benjamin Franklin's, James Madison's and George Mason's.

That's just for starters. Remember that concept of precedent that you don't understand? The precedent of prior Articles of Impeachment that have been passed by the House Judiciary committee and in many cases affirmed by the whole House PROVE that Articles of Impeachment do NOT have to include CRIMES. 

Now, if you gave a fuck about the actual history of this issue, you'd STOP posting snarky bullshit and go get educated about it. 

Yet I have little doubt that instead, your reply will be something compelling like 'nu uh'. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.80  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
The question mark was to allow you to hang yourself on bullshit!

Sure it was loki. 

You did spectacularly! Your post is complete bullshit and you show how clueless you are in precedent!

Sure it is loki. No one would believe that the founders had any opinion on the meaning of 'high crimes' in the Constitution. 

Zero chance trump is removed and zero chance a retarded liberal douchebag democrat is elected, another failure post on your part! Betrayus!

Rant and deflect all you want. You have ZERO knowledge about this Constitution issue and you should stop embarrassing yourself by continuing to hammer that home. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.82  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
And yet you have posted nothing to support your bullshit opinion, Hamilton said so? Then fucking site where he claimed a high crime wasn’t a crime! Go!

I was prescient:

Now, if you gave a fuck about the actual history of this issue, you'd STOP posting snarky bullshit and go get educated about it.  Yet I have little doubt that instead, your reply will be something compelling like 'nu uh'. 

You proved my point spectacularly. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.84  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
And still you offer zero proof, another failure.

Proof of WHAT? 

High crimes, key word crime!

But you asked me if I know what it MEANS and I said yes and asked you to share your vast knowledge about it and all you've is ask another question:

Crimes greater than a misdemeanor?

After hours, you STILL can't say what it means to the modern Congress or what it meant to the founders. 

I have no burden to hold your hand and act as your tutor. 

If you were actually curious about the topic, I'd accommodate you, as I have many other members who were sincere. Since you've proven that you aren't, I choose not to waste my time. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.2.87  bbl-1  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.11    5 years ago

"The defense doesn't have to do anything and most certainly won't."  ? ? ?

Wow.  A defense that won't provide exculpatory evidence or witnesses on behalf of their client?  Yeah.  That usually works out well.  Laugh Out Loud with a snort of Windsor Canadian through the nose.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.88  Split Personality  replied to    5 years ago

Trump is now a terrorist in Yemen.  Boom.

Anwar al-Awlaki met all of the criteria for the CIA and military Kill Lists,  taken out by a drone strike authorized by Obama.

Anwar's son  was taken out as collateral damage in an unrelated drone strike a year later during the Obama Administration.

January 30, 2017 president Donald Trump gives the OK for a raid into Yemen to capture prisoners and computer intel which was originally described as "perfect", a resounding success.

Turns out that Anwars's 8 year old daughter was among the 30 civilian casualties that day.

So, boom to you too.

This (Trump) administration has not only surpassed the previous one’s drone strike volume overseas, it has made the drone wars even more secretive, if that’s possible.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.3  Jack_TX  replied to  @2    5 years ago
A window into the mind of liberals. If they were American, they would know that people are assumed innocent until proven guilty. More proof of a Russian asset.

Meh...but in 2019 America, people are presumed innocent as long as they are in your political tribe, while those in the opposite tribe are presumed guilty as fuck from the minute they're born.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Maybe ask Morrison?

did you miss the part where he said there was nothing improper?

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    5 years ago
Maybe ask Morrison?

That's exactly what the House Intelligence Committee did.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  al Jizzerror @3.1    5 years ago

Yes, and he said nothing improper occurred. 

Do you get how that answers John's question? Or do you need pictures?

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
3.1.2  al Jizzerror  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.1    5 years ago
NSC official Tim Morrison told impeachment investigators today that Gordon Sondland told an aide to the Ukrainian president that U.S. aid would be released if Ukraine committed to investigating Burisma Group, corroborating Bill Taylor’s testimony.

@ rebeccaballhaus

@ WSJ White House reporter

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.3  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.1    5 years ago

No, that is not true! What Morrison actually said was that he was not qualified to determine if what Trump had done was illegal butt that he knew it was so "problematic" he was "honor bound" to discuss it with The White House Council's Office to let them determine if what was said was illegal. Subsequently The White House Council's Office had the call classified as Top Secret to try and keep the call's contents secret to protect Trump and thereby obstructed justice. Why do you mislead people?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    5 years ago

All the more proof he has no bias against Trump. 

All Morrison did was look at it from the perspective of relations with Ukraine. If he looked at it from the perspective of Biden or the DNC he would have had a different opinion. 

The fact is he seems to have verified that something happened that Trump has been endlessly bleating didnt happen. 

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
3.2.1  cobaltblue  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2    5 years ago
Trump has been endlessly bleating didnt happen

His ellipses-ridden transcript was 'perfect' he said (ad nauseam). 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  Ozzwald  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2.2    5 years ago
Essentially everything any have purportedly 'testified' to, behind closed doors

Which is proper thanks to Republican rule changes.  

per several of the Republicans present in that inquisition chamber has been OPINION.

That's because it is "testimony", which by its very nature is somebody's "opinion" of what went on.  If you want facts, tell Trump to release the actual phone transcript.

And now, even the NT Trump hater-in-chief JohnRussele apparently has acknowledged that with his very own post.

Every comment post ever posted is an "opinion", including yours.  So if you are going to berate JR for stating his opinion, you must also berate yourself for stating yours.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2    5 years ago

You know what perspective he was using? Can you show that in the transcript?  

You know Trump is going to use the Clinton "so what" defense, and pretty much every Republican will vote the same.  This is the Clinton impeachment redux.  Impeachment along partisan lines, and about 50 votes in the Senate (along partisan lines) for removal. 

When experts who were on the call said nothing improper happened, it makes removal impossible.  20 Republican Senators aren't going to vote for his removal over this conversation. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.7  bugsy  replied to    5 years ago

Me too. And liberals better damn well believe me because I am a member of the Armed Forces. I can never lie, especially when I speak to their narrative.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  bugsy @3.2.7    5 years ago

I would put mine on, but it is now 6 sizes too big.  Thank you for your service and MUVA also.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.2.9  bbl-1  replied to  cobaltblue @3.2.1    5 years ago

And allegedly, Trump wants to read the transcript, televised, in a 'fire side chat' setting.

This is interesting.  Teleprompter better be well oiled, ya think?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.2.10  Ozzwald  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2.5    5 years ago
Testimony as to what transpired is supposed to be FACTUAL...

Testimony is their opinion as to what happened.  Interview 5 witnesses to a crime and you will get 5 different testimonies as to what happened, they're not trying to deceive, they just see things slightly different.

Again, if you want "facts", get the real transcript out of Trump's secure server.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.11  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.4    5 years ago
You know what perspective he was using? Can you show that in the transcript?  

Have you read Morrison's opening statement? If not, go review it and if you still can't find it come back and I will hold your hand through it. 

You know Trump is going to use the Clinton "so what" defense, and pretty much every Republican will vote the same.  

Thank  you for admitting that Trump and the rest of the GOP are utterly partisan. 

This is the Clinton impeachment redux.  Impeachment along partisan lines, and about 50 votes in the Senate (along partisan lines) for removal. 

What 3 GOP Senators will vote to impeach? 

When experts who were on the call said nothing improper happened, it makes removal impossible.  

Morrison's expertise is in pushing Nuclear expansion, which doesn't give him one iota of insight on what is and isn't 'improper', especially in abuse of power and election law.

20 Republican Senators aren't going to vote for his removal over this conversation. 

It isn't just about the 'conversation'.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2.12  FLYNAVY1  replied to    5 years ago

Save the dry cleaning bill.  They don't care about opinions, they are looking for facts.  Something the right has no use for.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2.13  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @3.2.7    5 years ago

Again, don't bother...... I'll just send them a list of your posts here on NT, and they'll know that you're an unreliable source.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.14  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

I suggest that you review the UCMJ before you do so. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.15  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @3.2.7    5 years ago

I suggest that you review the UCMJ before you do so.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.16  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2.5    5 years ago
Testimony as to what transpired is supposed to be FACTUAL...   not bullshit opinions.

Actually, testimony as to what transpired is supposed to be TRUTHFUL. It will ALWAYS be based on the perspective of the witness. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.17  Jack_TX  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2.8    5 years ago
Thank you for your service and MUVA also.

And you, as well.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

When one of Trump's supporters acknowledges his wrong doing, Trump has to know he is so busted.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5  arkpdx    5 years ago

"There Was Quid Pro Quo"

I think he was talking about when a certain vice president made the ending the investigation if his son and the during if a prosecutor  condition of getting aid. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ronin2  replied to  arkpdx @5    5 years ago

But Trruuummmmppppp!!!!!!

That is the response to everything from the left.

They are ignoring that Biden boasted about it, and even claimed that Obama "backed him fully". Biden admits it and the left ignores it!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  arkpdx @5    5 years ago
made the ending the investigation if his son and the during if a prosecutor  condition of getting aid. 

Ah, that explains it. I had been wondering what Biden was being accused of, now you've made the Republican position abundantly clear... /s

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.2    5 years ago

LOL.  Still scratching my head over that 'splanation.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.2  Dulay  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.2    5 years ago

The list of gaslighted conservatives here grows every day.

I'm not counting the ones that I think know better, they go on the accessories list.  

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.3  JBB  replied to  Dulay @5.2.2    5 years ago

Willful ignorance surely abounds around here...

I am with you though. Those who know better and are still willfully spreading lies into the face of truth thus knowingly misleading their fellow Americans must eventually be exposed, shamed and condemned. It can't happen soon enough...

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    5 years ago
they seem to get there news from MSNBC

I love me some there news.

Or when the tTimes lied about the 17 intelligence agnecies,

All US intelligence agencies, whether 7 or 17 agreed that it was Russia who hacked US email servers and used social media to try and manipulate Americans voters in the 2016 election.

Or Russian Collusion, 

The only thing not proven was "criminal conspiracy" which is a high bar. Did Trump tell Russia that if he was President he would drop sanctions? Yes. Did Russia believe him and decide to help Trump get elected using illegal and illicit means? Yes.

Or Obstruction,

10 clear counts spelled out in the Mueller report.

Or emoluments

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.3  Dulay  replied to  arkpdx @5    5 years ago

Doublethink.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.3.1  JBB  replied to  Dulay @5.3    5 years ago

All pigs are equal but Trumpigs are more equal!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6  It Is ME    5 years ago

"he did not necessarily view the president’s demands as improper or illegal "

That's all that really matters ....... to NORMAL FOLKS ! jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @6    5 years ago

Yep. Now the next Dem president can extort other countries as well.

Hell all politicians can do it. Next we can block all visas and travel to and from a country until they investigate a political rival.

Close the borders crossings with Mexico until they start going after rivals.

Stop selling weapons to Israel until the go after some rivals.

With some of the middle eastern countries all we have to do is threaten to go after them as terrorists, or maybe simply let them get away with killing journalists.

It is all legal and on the level.

Of course the most simple of actions is to purge voters rolls and sit back and let China, Russia and Iran use their cyber warfare.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @6.1    5 years ago
Yep. Now the next Dem president can extort other countries as well.

Democrat United States President Obama to Russian President ....."Give me some rope" before you respond ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

"No Missiles for U.S. Allies" ! 

That was GREAT ! jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
6.2  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @6    5 years ago
"he did not necessarily view the president’s demands as improper or illegal "

I can only assume the "he" you are speaking of is either a Constitution scholar or head justice of the Supreme Court.  Otherwise, what "he" thinks is meaningless.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @6.2    5 years ago
I can only assume

You shouldn't "ASSUME". [Deleted]

The Article.....is about what "The Adam Schiff" required Witness Tim Morrison, actually said !

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.2.2  arkpdx  replied to  It Is ME @6.2.1    5 years ago

[Deleted]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8  sandy-2021492    5 years ago

Locking this seed until Perrie can review.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8    5 years ago

I have reviewed the article and both Dualy and Loki are to not engage with each other since the discussion seems to have become personal in nature. Any further engagement between you both will result in a 2 point violation.