╌>

Trump Disgraces America By Mentioning "Rigged Election" To NYC First Responders on 9-11 Anniversary

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  36 comments

Trump Disgraces America By Mentioning "Rigged Election" To NYC First Responders on 9-11 Anniversary

Trump went into NYC on 9-11 in order to stroke his ego and pretend he is still president. That was bad enough as he preened his way through a visit with firefighters and police officers at a city police precinct. 

But the travesty came when he said this at the NYPD's 17th precinct

" “The Taliban was on hold,” he said. “I dealt with the top guy Abdul and there was nothing he was going to be doing with us, and all of a sudden we have a rigged election and all of a sudden we flee Afghanistan."

The NYPD backs Trump as most police departments do. Many police forces are disproportionately populated with racists , and I'm sure NYPD is no different. Trump even bragged that NY's largest police union had endorsed him last year. 

His using the occasion of 9-11 to lie yet again about the election was considered so egregious even by Fox News that they were compelled to fact check him on the air. 

“He did not miss any opportunities to air grievances including claiming that the election was rigged, which it was not,” anchor Arthelle Neville said. “It has been proven in court multiple times. "

Fox News cut away from Trumps 9/11 remarks in order to point out he was lying about the election. 

-

related

Fox News Anchor Fact-Checks Donald Trump After He Mentions ‘Rigged Election’ During 9/11 Remarks to NYPD (msn.com)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

There is no time or place where he will not be a lowlife. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

I heard Rudy 911 Ghouliani also went on some batshit crazy rant during a speech about 9-11.  Crazy asshole.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Fox News Anchor Fact-Checks Donald Trump After He Mentions ‘Rigged Election’ During 9/11 Remarks to NYPD

original

Fox News anchor   Arthel Neville   fact-checked former President   Donald Trump ‘s “rigged election” claims on Saturday after he reiterated   the false rhetoric   while visiting New York City Police Department’s 17th Precinct to honor Sept. 11 first responders.

Load Error

“I grew up with you and you are New York’s finest,” Trump told the officers. “You’re incredible people and I know many of you, and I appreciated during the election you know that New York City Police endorsed Trump — you know that right — first time they’ve ever endorsed a candidate. They told me first time, maybe they do it every time, I don’t know…. And it’s a great honor. Having that endorsement meant more to me than anything.”

(The NYPD itself did not endorse a candidate, but   several unions, including the largest   — the Police Benevolent Association — offered an endorsement.)

Trump then opened the floor for questions from the officers, joking that they could be “a star” since there was “fake news” behind them covering the event.

“That’s a tough question. Actually for me it’s an easy question,” Trump said when asked if he plans to run again in 2024. “I mean I know what I’m going to do, but we are not supposed to be talking about it yet, from the standpoint of campaign finance laws which frankly are ridiculous.”

“I think you are going to be happy, let me put it that way,” he later added. “I think you are going to be very happy.”

Trump boasted about the economy under his administration, and regarding Afghanistan, he claimed they “had everybody on hold.”

“The Taliban was on hold,” he said. “I dealt with the top guy Abdul and there was nothing he was going to be doing with us, and all of a sudden we have a rigged election and all of a sudden we flee Afghanistan. And that’s why I’m saying what timing, what horrible timing, the 20th anniversary [of Sept. 11] and I watched the speeches and not one person spoke about the fact that three days ago, we fled Afghanistan and we left Americans behind and others too.”

President   Joe Biden   ordered all troops to leave Afghanistan by Aug. 31, largely blaming the short timeline for withdrawal on   a deal negotiated with the Taliban by Trump .

Fox News cut away from Trump’s remarks as he fielded more questions, and Neville made a point to rebuke his “rigged election” comment.

“He did not miss any opportunities to air grievances including claiming that the election was rigged, which it was not,” Neville said. “It has been proven in court multiple times. It has been proven that the election was not rigged by elected election officials, but it started out on a good note. Former president saying that he grew up with the firefighters [and police officers] because he’s from New York and he thanked them for their service.”

Watch above, via Fox News.

The post   Fox News Anchor Fact-Checks Donald Trump After He Mentions ‘Rigged Election’ During 9/11 Remarks to NYPD   first appeared on   Mediaite .

We’d love your feedback on Immersive Reader. Did content appear properly on this webpage?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3  Gsquared    3 years ago

How disgusting.  He is repulsive.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4  Perrie Halpern R.A.    3 years ago

Nothing like memorializing the death of thousands and celebrating American values

Oh wait... he didn't do that.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1  Gsquared  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    3 years ago

He was campaigning, and lying like always, of course.  It is so shameful.  He is foul and offensive.  A total disgrace.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gsquared @4.1    3 years ago

If he is the Republican (or Trumpian"?) candidate in 2024, be prepared for a repeat of the election being stolen from him and the resulting trivial lawsuits, maybe even another January 6th insurrection.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5  Krishna    3 years ago

The guy is truly a sleaze!!!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6  TᵢG    3 years ago

What kind of a confused/distorted mind would still support this miserable piece of shit?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
6.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  TᵢG @6    3 years ago
What kind of a confused/distorted mind would still support this miserable piece of shit?

jrSmiley_116_smiley_image.png

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7  Ronin2    3 years ago

Maybe you should all go take care of the knuckle dragging moron you put in the WH; instead of concentrating on Trump 24/7? Seems Joe couldn't maintain decorum (what else is new) during the 9/11 ceremony and had to give a shout out to someone; or maybe he was arguing with them (who the hell knows with the MSM media assholes giving him cover). Real damn presidential.

This is what Lou Dobbs said about the photo:

And Newsmax's Greg Kelly:

The way Obama is looking at him says that it may have been an “inappropriate” moment.

Again, I don't know what Joe was motivated by here to make such a bizarre facial expression at a somber ceremony, but I will update this piece if I find out.

It wasn't just Obama that was staring down Sleepy China Joe Biden. Michelle and Hillary didn't look pleased. Jill was talking with someone else instead of making sure her husband stayed in line. She is probably desperate for any intelligent conversation she can get after having to take care of Joe for the last several years.

But yeah, Trump. jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @7    3 years ago

As for Trump, its bad when even Fox News cuts you off to tell the audience you were lying. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.2  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @7    3 years ago

You got a lot of inferred mileage out of a single photograph.    Looks very inappropriate but I do not know the actual story behind it so I, personally, am not going to invent a narrative to fill the gap.

But this article is about Trump and it does indeed contain the facts (no invented narrative required).   You did not even comment on that.    Do you have no opinion on Trump gratuitously repeating his Big Lie at a publicly covered event during a solemn day of remembrance for the thousands who lost their lives on 9/11?  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.3  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @7    3 years ago

'But yeah, whatshisname'

Some live in a constant state of projection, deflection, and denial.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Another here seeded his visit as if he believes Trump was there out of the goodness of his heart.  This was just a photo op and another chance to push the big lie.  I hope that word of his behavior gets around and that any future visits are denied or if he does show up unannounced, everyone should just leave the room where he can push the big lie to crickets.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
8.1  Gordy327  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @8    3 years ago
Another here seeded his visit as if he believes Trump was there out of the goodness of his heart.

More likely he was there for a photo op and making the event all about him.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Gordy327 @8.1    3 years ago

That is the comment I left there.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Gordy327 @8.1    3 years ago

He wasn't even invited to any of these events yet the big fat pig had to open his big fat mouth, yet again, and make it all about his big fat pig self.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
8.1.3  Gordy327  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.2    3 years ago

Don't sugar coat it Tess. Tell us how you really feel. jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
9  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Fox News cut away from Trumps 9/11 remarks in order to point out he was lying about the election.

Shout out to Arthelle Neville!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @9    3 years ago

Meanwhile Mike Lindell's fortune's keep slipping.

In addition to the lawsuits against him, he just sold his $2.5M personal jet for an undisclosed amount.

His venture into making the masks he thought conservatives would buy only from him, has lost $7M.

He can't even give them away.  He's discounting his pillow by at least 66%.

The Spectacular Failure of MyPillow Guy Mike Lindell’s Mask Operation (thedailybeast.com)

After the last two Mike Lindell pro Trump rally flops which were free, Lindell, Rogun,

Mike Flynn, Candice Owens and Lynn Wood

attempted their first paid admission event scheduled for Friday & Saturday complete with " top notch Christian

and Country music".  Initially there were more reporters than paying ticket holders.

WFIE channel 14, a local station sent a team out to report - they claim to have seen less than 300 people total

although 10,000 tickets had been for sale for $150 and up.

Buy tickets for We The People Reunion at Muhlenberg County Agriculture & Convention Center Fairgrounds Powderly, KY, Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:00 PM - Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:00 PM (tickettailor.com)

Pro-Trump Rally Expecting 10,000 Attendees Sees Only a Few Hundred Show Up (newsweek.com)

Gordy327
Professor Expert
9.1.1  Gordy327  replied to  Split Personality @9.1    3 years ago

No sympathy here. He brought all his failures upon himself. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Gordy327 @9.1.1    3 years ago

I report, you decide...jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Gordy327
Professor Expert
9.1.3  Gordy327  replied to  Split Personality @9.1.2    3 years ago
I report, you decide

Nothing to really decide. It's all cut and dry. He opened his mouth, spewed some BS, and now it's backfiring.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @9.1    3 years ago

Losers supporting losers.  That pillow guy is such a freaking moron - losing his fortune to support another freaking moron.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Split Personality @9.1    3 years ago

He is now selling mattresses.  He has made his bed, now he can lay on it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10  Tessylo    3 years ago

Whatshisname disgraces American on a daily basis - also while it was 'president'.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Shame on trmp! You do not take a solemn day of remembrance and make it all about yourself. Especially in the presence of first responders

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1  TᵢG  replied to  Trout Giggles @11    3 years ago

Malignant narcissists do.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
11.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  TᵢG @11.1    3 years ago

And amazingly, some people praise him for it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  sandy-2021492 @11.1.1    3 years ago

I am greatly disappointed to note that I have concluded that we have waaaaay more stupid people in our nation than I ever thought possible.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
11.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @11    3 years ago

He did that in France also using the graves of the fallen as a backdrop to trash talk others.  Everything is about him in his tiny demented brain which is about the size of a moldy walnut.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
12  bbl-1    3 years ago

Trump is bad enough.  Melania is even worse because she is there with him on everything but doesn't like his kids.  Now that is class.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
13  Jeremy Retired in NC    3 years ago

It's not like Trump abandoned US Citizens in Afghanistan.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
13.1  bbl-1  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @13    3 years ago

So Trump would have had everybody out by May 1st per the agreement he made with the Taliban?