Democrats mislead voters about what happens if Roe is overturned

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  magicschoolbusdropout  •  3 weeks ago  •  179 comments

By:   Zachary Faria - Yesterday 2:12 PM

Democrats mislead voters about what happens if Roe is overturned
elected Democrats and their media allies are now either lying about what that would mean or are simply dumb enough to believe what they’re saying is true.

Give Roe v. Wade decisions back to "The People" and away from the courts.

“the authority to regulate abortion must be returned to the people and their elected representatives.”

Sounds Fair enough !

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

W ith the leak of a draft indicating that the Supreme Court may finally rectify its error in Roe v. Wade, elected Democrats and their media allies are now either lying about what that would mean or are simply dumb enough to believe what they’re saying is true.

If the Supreme Court does overturn Roe (conservatives shouldn’t take a victory lap until it reaches the finish line), then abortion will return to being a state issue. States that want to ban it can ban it; states that want to restrict it after a certain threshold (such as 12 weeks) can do so, and states that want to embrace abortion fanaticism can still allow it with no restrictions.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom is among those liars and buffoons trying to convince people that overturning Roe would actually ban abortion rather than let states decide how to handle it.

Newsom declared that California “will not sit back” and that he is “going to fight like hell” to ensure people can have their unborn children killed in the Golden State. But nothing is going to change in California, which  allows  abortion up until viability (around 24 weeks into pregnancy).

New York Mayor Eric Adams, the wannabe celebrity who somehow ended up in charge of the most populous city in the country, is also “ready to fight like hell” over something that doesn’t affect New Yorkers in the slightest. In 2019, New York  voted  to allow abortion up until the baby is born.

The draft opinion by Justice Samuel Alito  says  that “the authority to regulate abortion must be returned to the people and their elected representatives.” So, if New York wants to allow abortion up to birth and New York City wants to continue a situation in which  more black babies are aborted than born , they will still be free to do so.

The only thing this ruling would do is end the deference of the courts to abortion activists whenever a state wants to bring its abortion laws in line with  most of Europe . Any law that could be seen as even a minor inconvenience to the abortion industry gets dragged to court within hours of passage. This potential ruling would only put pro-life politicians and activists on the same ground that abortion fanatics have occupied for years.

Democrats are worried, because now they will actually have to convince voters to support their increasingly radical abortion policies. So they have to instill maximum fear. Politicians such as Newsom and Adams know exactly what they are doing.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout    3 weeks ago

If this ruling actually happens, is it that "The People" that want it, are afraid they themselves will just muck it up ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1    3 weeks ago

[deleted]

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Participates
1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1    3 weeks ago
is it that "The People" that want it, are afraid they themselves will just muck it up ?

The issue is that the majority in States will now have the right to restrict the women who live in their States right to safe legal pregnancy terminations. If the ruling happens existing laws in at least 20 States will immediately stamp down on their female citizens right to privacy and will have a bunch of bitter religious conservatives injecting themselves into a decision that should be made between a woman and her doctor.

Rational Americans have been saying this was the religious conservatives goal for decades while the religious conservatives lied and lied and lied to get their conservative justices on the supreme court. But anyone who has been paying attention isn't surprised, they've known all along the deceitful nature of right wing religious conservatives who show with their actions they are nothing but lying religious zealots determined to force their religious beliefs on others. They claim they are 'pro-life' while they support the death penalty and pray for the day when they believe their God will come and wipe out the billions on earth who do not pray to him.

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1.2.1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    3 weeks ago
The issue is that the majority in States will now have the right to restrict the women who live in their States

The Travel Business will pick up. A Good thing for employment.

As Ruth once said:

“My criticism of Roe is that it seemed to have stopped the momentum on the side of change,” Ginsburg said. She would’ve preferred that abortion rights be secured more gradually, in a process that included state legislatures and the courts, she added. Ginsburg also was troubled that the focus on Roe was on a right to privacy, rather than women’s rights.

“Roe isn’t really about the woman’s choice, is it?” Ginsburg said. “It’s about the doctor’s freedom to practice… it wasn’t woman-centered, it was physician-centered.”

Ginsburg and Professor Geoffrey Stone, a longtime scholar of reproductive rights and constitutional law, spoke for 90 minutes before a capacity crowd in the Law School auditorium on May 11 on “Roe v. Wade at 40.”

Those more acquainted with Ginsburg and her thoughtful, nuanced approach to difficult legal questions were not surprised, however, to hear her say just the opposite, that Roe was a faulty decision. For Ginsburg, the landmark 1973 Supreme Court decision that affirmed a woman’s right to an abortion was too far-reaching and too sweeping, and it gave anti-abortion rights activists a very tangible target to rally against in the four decades since.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    3 weeks ago

DO you specifically mean the duly-elected majorities of state legislatures, who are empowered to pass laws in their states?

Jeremy Retired in NC
PhD Guide
1.2.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.2    3 weeks ago
DO you specifically mean the duly-elected majorities

Seems that the left has a problem with duly-elected officials.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1.2.1    3 weeks ago
"The issue is that the majority in States will now have the right to restrict the women who live in their States"
The Travel Business will pick up. A Good thing for employment.

How moronic !

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1.2.5  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.4    3 weeks ago
How moronic !

If people travel more, that isn't true ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.4    3 weeks ago
How moronic !

Is it your contention that the travel industry doesn't hire people?

afrayedknot
Freshman Quiet
1.2.7  afrayedknot  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1.2.1    3 weeks ago

“The Travel Business will pick up.”

Perhaps the single most callous utterance imaginable.

So you somehow conflate the inevitable SCOTUS decision and the hardships it will bear into an opportunity for some to profit…at least you are consistent in where your loyalties lie… an investment opportunity awaits…fuck the human costs.

[deleted]

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1.2.8  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  afrayedknot @1.2.7    3 weeks ago
Perhaps the single most idiotic utterance imaginable.

I can come up with better ones if you need more personal stuff to come up with.

So you somehow conflate the inevitable SCOTUS decision and the hardships it will bear into an opportunity for some to profit

The Abortion industry is very profitable....... for some. Can't kick that can, or there will be hell to pay.

afrayedknot
Freshman Quiet
1.2.9  afrayedknot  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1.2.8    3 weeks ago

“Can't kick that can, or there will be hell to pay.”

Or the whole national debate can be quashed by this Supreme Court?

The hell to pay will come at the ballot box…now or later as reality inevitably overcomes demagoguery. 

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1.2.10  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  afrayedknot @1.2.9    3 weeks ago
Or it can be legislated away. The hell to pay will inevitably come at the ballot box…now or later as reality overcomes demagoguery. 

President Biden is all for letting the Voters Decide !

"If the Court does overturn Roe, it will fall on our nation’s elected officials at all levels of government to protect a woman’s right to choose. And it will fall on voters to elect pro-choice officials this November," US President Joe Biden said.

"At the federal level, we will need more pro-choice Senators and a pro-choice majority in the House to adopt legislation that codifies Roe, which I will work to pass and sign into law," Biden added.

We Will never know if that Hell you say will be paid at the ballot box Happens, until it happens.

"The People" in States rights ....... Right ?

Just Vote ..... Right /

afrayedknot
Freshman Quiet
1.2.11  afrayedknot  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1.2.10    3 weeks ago

“Just Vote .....”

Not to open yet another can of worms, but if ‘Just Vote’ were as simple, convenient, and all inclusive as it should be. 

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1.2.12  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  afrayedknot @1.2.11    3 weeks ago
but if ‘Just Vote’ were as simple, convenient, and all inclusive as it should be. 

It's "Easy" for me to accomplish.

Not so much for you ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @1.2.11    3 weeks ago

are people being prevented from voting?

Jack_TX
Senior Quiet
1.2.14  Jack_TX  replied to  afrayedknot @1.2.7    3 weeks ago
the inevitable SCOTUS decision

Why do we think it's inevitable?

afrayedknot
Freshman Quiet
1.2.15  afrayedknot  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.14    3 weeks ago

“Why do we think it's inevitable?”

If I am wrong, I will admit to being wrong. All things point to Roe going down, and the leak (and not diminishing the ramifications) does not change the course in which we are headed…again, simply informed opinion.

Jack_TX
Senior Quiet
1.2.16  Jack_TX  replied to  afrayedknot @1.2.15    3 weeks ago
If I am wrong, I will admit to being wrong.

Fair enough, but I was just curious about why you hold the opinion that you do.

All things point to Roe going down, and the leak (and not diminishing the ramifications) does not change the course in which we are headed…again, simply informed opinion.

What things?  Serious question.  

Roberts has already said that drafts like this are part of the normal process they work through and that they emphatically do not mean any decision has been reached.

afrayedknot
Freshman Quiet
1.2.17  afrayedknot  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.16    3 weeks ago

“What things?”

Just looking at the makeup of the Court as it sits. A pretty solid 5-3 conservative v. liberal bent, with Roberts stuck as the lame duck.

But again, just my opinion…with thanks to you for allowing the expression of same without rancor. Much appreciated. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.18  JohnRussell  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.16    3 weeks ago

The draft is not written until a vote has been taken. The members of the Supreme Court voted 5-4 to end Roe v Wade. Can they change their minds before the "final vote"? Yes, but it is unlikely. Which one of these conservative justices will want to let it be known to the MAGA base that they changed their mind?

Jack_TX
Senior Quiet
1.2.19  Jack_TX  replied to  afrayedknot @1.2.17    3 weeks ago
Just looking at the makeup of the Court as it sits. A pretty solid 5-3 conservative v. liberal bent, with Roberts stuck as the lame duck.

I sort of see it as 3-4-2.  I think we have Alito, Thomas and Gorsuch on the right, ACB, Kavanaugh, Breyer and Roberts who may go either way on any issue, and then Kagan and Sotomayor on the left.

Keep in mind, Kavanaugh agreed with RGB much of the time.

But again, just my opinion…with thanks to you for allowing the expression of same without rancor. Much appreciated. 

No worries.  I always prefer rancor-free.  We just don't seem to see it very often.

And you may be right.  I have a terrible track record predicting SCOTUS decisions, which is why I'm making no predictions on this one. 

Jack_TX
Senior Quiet
1.2.20  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.18    3 weeks ago
The draft is not written until a vote has been taken.

That's not what the Chief Justice says.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.21  JohnRussell  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.20    3 weeks ago
Under long-standing court procedures, justices hold preliminary votes on cases shortly after argument and assign a member of the majority to write a draft of the court’s opinion. Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows - POLITICO

Dulay
Professor Principal
1.2.22  Dulay  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1.2.8    3 weeks ago
The Abortion industry is very profitable....... for some.

So is the 'my weeny won't poke' industry but I don't hear y'all bitching about that. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.23  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2    3 weeks ago
The issue is that the majority in States will now have the right to restrict the women who live in their States right to safe legal pregnancy terminations.

Thats not really an argument in the state of Wyoming . . Even with Roe in full force , there is but one , yes one clinic in the state in Jackson hole that offer abortion services and its being said even with Roe  in place it might be closing because the dr that runs it is retiring and there are none to replace him . there IS talk of another clinic opening in Casper , but  that might be getting put on hold now .

Did some checking today , and Wyoming is one of those 20 or so states that have trigger bans in place , though im not really sure what wyo has is a trigger ban because the legislation has only passed one house of the legislature and has not even been ready to be signed into law . The dismissal of roe would make the other part of the legislature get off their duffs and take the issue in hand to create law for the citizens of wyo , how thats going to go is actually anyones guess IMO, my guess is that there will be a ban , but with exceptions and exemptions .

So as it stands now , if someone wants an abortion , they can either go to jackson to the only place that offers that service in the state or do as most do and go out of state .

here is a problem i see , you can not make providers provide a service where they are not welcome or that they themselves disagree with for whatever reasons they have  there is no way to force a dr to preform a proceedure they will not agree to . , they would have to have a pretty thick skin . 

I have been watching this discussion play out with a couple of family members one being ultra conservative , and the other being the exact opposite , being an ultra liberal. and here is the issue i saw with both of their arguments , to make their points and stake out their ground so to speak , they were arguing in "absolutes " which this issue , has very many so called "gray"areas that also need to be considered , me? i am staying out of it until asked , and do know where i personally stand , many of my family would be shocked i think .

Jack_TX
Senior Quiet
1.2.24  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.21    3 weeks ago

57360443-10779003-image-a-193_1651597695957.jpg

Justices circulate draft opinions internally as a routine and essential part of the Court's deliberative work.  Although the document described in yesterday's reports is authentic, it does not represent a decision by the Court or the final position of any member on the issues in this case.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.25  JBB  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.24    3 weeks ago

Except, at least five justices elected Alito to write the majority draft opinion, meaning that the final wording may change but the reversal of Roe Vs Wade has already been voted on...  

Jack_TX
Senior Quiet
1.2.26  Jack_TX  replied to  JBB @1.2.25    3 weeks ago
Except, at least five justices elected Alito to write the majority draft opinion, meaning that the final wording may change but the reversal of Roe Vs Wade has already been voted on...  

The Court has officially told us that has not happened.

Why would we think that?  Why would we believe there is a majority opinion yet?  Who has said that?  Why would we believe them over the Court itself?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.27  Tessylo  replied to  afrayedknot @1.2.7    3 weeks ago

“The Travel Business will pick up.”

"Perhaps the single most callous utterance imaginable.

So you somehow conflate the inevitable SCOTUS decision and the hardships it will bear into an opportunity for some to profit…at least you are consistent in where your loyalties lie… an investment opportunity awaits…fuck the human costs."

[deleted]

That's more in line of what I meant on top of it being moronic.  That callous and unfeeling and ignorant response regarding what to them is considered some minor inconvenience to the woman rather than removing her rights to her own body.  Plus the usual dimwitted rebuttal from the peanut gallery.

Typical though and not at all surprising 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.28  Tessylo  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1.2.8    3 weeks ago

It is not very profitable and there is no such thing as the 'abortion industry'

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.29  Tessylo  replied to  afrayedknot @1.2.11    3 weeks ago
“Just Vote .....” "Not to open yet another can of worms, but if ‘Just Vote’ were as simple, convenient, and all inclusive as it should be."

Because the 'right' is doing their best to make sure that is as difficult as possible for those folks who they don't want to vote because they know they won't vote for them.  They do it with near surgical precision in marking out the districts where those folks reside.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.30  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @1.2.22    3 weeks ago
"The Abortion industry is very profitable....... for some."
"So is the 'my weeny won't poke' industry but I don't hear y'all bitching about that." 

Is the limp dick industry in the billions?

Last I heard, there is no such thing as the 'abortion industry'

TOM PA
Freshman Silent
1.2.31  TOM PA  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.30    3 weeks ago

Little Blue Pill=$  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    3 weeks ago

It is not the Democrats who are misleading the voters!!!!!!!!!!!!

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
2.1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 weeks ago

Newsom declared that California “will not sit back” and that he is “going to fight like hell” to ensure people can have their unborn children killed in the Golden State. But nothing is going to change in California, which   allows   abortion up until viability (around 24 weeks into pregnancy).

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 weeks ago

Apparently the right wing does not believe there are non-republicans in any republican run state.

Right Down the Center
Freshman Guide
2.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 weeks ago

Correct, they are not misleading voters. They are lying to voters.

Dulay
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Dulay  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.3    3 weeks ago

How so. Post some examples. I'll wait. 

Right Down the Center
Freshman Guide
2.3.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Dulay @2.3.1    3 weeks ago

Watch psaki on any given day. If you don't see it you have already been assimilated into the dnc collective and it is too late for you to think for youself.

Dulay
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Dulay  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.3.2    3 weeks ago

So, another one that spews proclamations and then deflects. 

No time for that bullshit. 

Bye now. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.4  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @2.3.1    3 weeks ago
"How so. Post some examples. I'll wait."

That will never happen.  

I asked the poster of this 'article' some questions the other day as far as him providing examples regarding his claims and I'm still waiting, so don't hold your breath.  They're the deflection gang.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.5  Tessylo  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.3    3 weeks ago

Nope.  That's y'all - the gop/gqp/republicans/alleged conservatives.  

Right Down the Center
Freshman Guide
2.3.6  Right Down the Center  replied to  Dulay @2.3.3    3 weeks ago

So, another one that refuses to see what is right in front of their face. 

Enjoy your cool aid, trying to educate someone that refuses to see is a waste of time.

Bye.

Right Down the Center
Freshman Guide
2.3.7  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @2.3.5    3 weeks ago
Nope.

Nice that you can keep your sense of humor.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.8  Tessylo  impassed  Right Down the Center @2.3.7    3 weeks ago
✋🏼

Dulay
Professor Principal
2.3.9  Dulay  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.3.6    3 weeks ago
So, another one that refuses to see what is right in front of their face.

I see your proclamation. It's meaningless without context. 

Enjoy your cool aid, trying to educate someone that refuses to see is a waste of time.

Claiming that your proclamations are educational is delusional. 

arkpdx
PhD Participates
2.4  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 weeks ago

Hahahahahaha. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Right Down the Center
Freshman Guide
2.4.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  arkpdx @2.4    3 weeks ago

Just when you think someone has no sense of humor they go and say something hilarious.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    3 weeks ago
"elected Democrats and their media allies are now either lying about what that would mean or are simply dumb enough to believe what they’re saying is true."
We're not the ones who are dumb and lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
3.1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 weeks ago

New York Mayor Eric Adams, the wannabe celebrity who somehow ended up in charge of the most populous city in the country, is also “ready to fight like hell” over something that doesn’t affect New Yorkers in the slightest. In 2019, New York   voted   to allow abortion up until the baby is born.

Greg Jones
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @3.1    3 weeks ago

That sounds like infanticide!

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
3.1.2  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.1    3 weeks ago
That sounds like infanticide!

In "Liberal Left" land, it's not a Human Baby until it actually comes out on it's own. .....Shrug.....

Dulay
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Dulay  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @3.1    3 weeks ago
In 2019, New York   voted   to allow abortion up until the baby is born.

So your seed's author decries 'misleading voters' yet he has no issue misleading his readers about the NY law. 

It drips with hypocrisy. 

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
3.1.4  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Dulay @3.1.3    3 weeks ago
So your seed's author decries 'misleading voters' yet he has no issue misleading his readers about the NY law. 

See # 4.2.4

Dulay
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Dulay  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @3.1.4    3 weeks ago

Impossible. 

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
3.1.6  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Dulay @3.1.5    3 weeks ago
Impossible. 

Probable.

arkpdx
PhD Participates
3.1.7  arkpdx  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @3.1.2    3 weeks ago

I have seen pictures of babies at the timesost abortions occur. The sure look like human babies to me not the blobs of cells or like the tapeworms or any other parasite that the lefties claim they are. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.8  JBB  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.7    3 weeks ago

Bullshit! What you describe are fakeass tiny baby dolls crafted to look like real full term fetuses they pass around to stir up outrage.

First trimester zygotes are mere cell blobs!

Just Jim NC TttH
Masters Principal
3.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @3.1.8    3 weeks ago

[deleted]

Dulay
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Dulay  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @3.1.6    3 weeks ago

4.2.4 no longer exists, undoubtedly for good reason. 

Dulay
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.9    3 weeks ago
You need to go back to Junior High biology.............

Take your own advice...........

arkpdx
PhD Participates
3.1.12  arkpdx  replied to  JBB @3.1.8    3 weeks ago

Hmm I saw the pictures from websites describing the stages of development of babies and they were from legitimate non biased sites. Use Google and you will find them. Please show any pictures of a baby at 15weeks that looks like a tape worm or an undifferentiated blob of cells

arkpdx
PhD Participates
3.1.13  arkpdx  replied to  JBB @3.1.8    3 weeks ago

This is a YouTube video of what a babies looks like a 13 weeks when most abortions are performed. Does not look like a blob of cells to be

Dulay
Professor Principal
3.1.14  Dulay  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.12    3 weeks ago
I have seen pictures of babies at the timesost abortions occur.

I presume that you meant 'at the time most abortions occur. 

Please show any pictures of a baby at 15weeks that looks like a tape worm or an undifferentiated blob of cells

Please prove that most abortions occur at 15 weeks or later. I'll wait. 

Dulay
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Dulay  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.13    3 weeks ago

Here's YOUR source on the 'visual' reality:

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
3.1.16  mocowgirl  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.13    3 weeks ago
13 weeks when most abortions are performed.

Is it possible to link where you got the 13 week stat?

Facts About Abortion: U.S. Abortion Statistics (abort73.com)

WHEN DO ABORTIONS OCCUR?

• In 2019, 79% of all U.S. abortions occurred prior to the 10th week of gestation; 93% occurred prior to 14 weeks’ gestation (CDC).

Fetuses are not viable at 13 weeks regardless of what form they have taken which is why aborting them is and should remain legal.

13 Weeks Pregnant - Pregnancy Week-by-Week (thebump.com)  Your 13-week fetus is about 2.9 inches long and weighs about .81 ounces,

arkpdx
PhD Participates
3.1.17  arkpdx  replied to  Dulay @3.1.14    3 weeks ago

I never said that most abortions occur at 15 weeks. Ii used 15weeks because that when most states limiting abortion stop allowing them. Most abortions occur at 13 weeks. At 14 weeks the baby still looks human. 

arkpdx
PhD Participates
3.1.18  arkpdx  replied to  Dulay @3.1.15    3 weeks ago

What does that video have to do with anything I said? Oh it has nothing to do with anything I said 

arkpdx
PhD Participates
3.1.19  arkpdx  replied to  mocowgirl @3.1.16    3 weeks ago
Fetuses are not viable at 13 weeks 

And just what relavence does that have to do with any thing. At thirteen weeks the babyhas at least the begins of looking human. It is not a blob of cells as JBB stated. It is looking more human and will be human. It has a heart beat and is alive. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.20  JBB  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.12    3 weeks ago

You saw fake pictures on antiabortion sites...

original

arkpdx
PhD Participates
3.1.21  arkpdx  replied to  JBB @3.1.20    3 weeks ago

WebMD if a fake site?

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
3.1.22  mocowgirl  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.19    3 weeks ago
And just what relavence does that have to do with any thing.

The relevance is the mental/physical/financial well-being of the woman trumps the importance of a 13 week old fetus to anyone who cares about women.

As a compassionate person, a woman, a mother of two, I abhor the mentality of people who equate pregnancy as a punishment that women should endure for having sex (regardless of if it was consensual or not).  

Also, I don't consider the consensual sex lives of legal age people to be the business of government to legislate in any form.  

The twisted, perverse views that some people hold of sex is probably rooted in their childhood from either be programmed to believe that sex is dirty, unclean, perverse, etc, or because they were sexually molested/raped before gaining physical and mental maturity to be in sexual relationship.  Regardless of the root cause, the erotophobes should not be legislating sexuality at any level in our society.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
3.1.23  mocowgirl  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.17    3 weeks ago
Most abortions occur at 13 weeks.

NO, MOST ABORTION OCCUR PRIOR TO 10 WEEKS!  79%

Facts About Abortion: U.S. Abortion Statistics (abort73.com)  

WHEN DO ABORTIONS OCCUR?

• In 2019, 79% of all U.S. abortions occurred prior to the 10th week of gestation

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.24  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.12    3 weeks ago

15 weeks is not the end of the first trimester. 12 weeks is. It has no brain, feels no pain and doesn't have a fully formed anything.

This is an actual photo and not an animation. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.25  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.19    3 weeks ago

Fetal hearts do not pump anything at 12 weeks. It is a group of cells that are in rhythm together. It does not have a brain, but a brain stem. It has no working nervous system. We, humans, are our nervous system.

Dulay
Professor Principal
3.1.26  Dulay  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.17    3 weeks ago
Most abortions occur at 13 weeks.

That's wrong too. 91% of abortions are BEFORE the end of the first trimester. 

So, as you can see, the MOST abortions occur between 1-6 weeks and MY video illustrates the visual. 

In short, your claim is either misinformed or intentional bullshit. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.27  JBB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.24    3 weeks ago

This is an example of the fake fetuses they actually give as souvenirs at antiabortion events to inflame feelings and incite them.

This is what they say a 15 weeker looks like. 

original

Dulay
Professor Principal
3.1.28  Dulay  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.18    3 weeks ago

You said:

As you can see, YOUR source shows how a 6 week embryo looks when most abortions occur.

arkpdx
PhD Participates
3.1.29  arkpdx  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.24    3 weeks ago

You do not give any info from where you got your info and picture from. I did in a picture I posted in a different article. I have also have read several other website articles I got from a Google search and none of them said what you did about a 12-13 week old. Maybe you are trying to fool yourself but not me. As you said somewhere else it is not a kitten or a puppy but it is a baby. 

arkpdx
PhD Participates
3.1.30  arkpdx  replied to  Dulay @3.1.28    3 weeks ago

Even at six weeks it is still going to be and is a  human baby. It will not ever be a fish or a frog or a horse. It will be a human baby. Prove to me it will not be. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.31  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @3.1.10    3 weeks ago
"4.2.4 no longer exists, undoubtedly for good reason."

I'm sure it was complete and total ignorance and I'm glad I never saw it.  

Dulay
Professor Principal
3.1.32  Dulay  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.30    3 weeks ago
Even at six weeks it is still going to be and is a  human baby. It will not ever be a fish or a frog or a horse. It will be a human baby. Prove to me it will not be. 

You just keep moving the goal post arkpdx. YOU said:

I showed that the time most abortions occur is between 1-6 weeks. 

The sure look like human babies to me not the blobs of cells or like the tapeworms or any other parasite that the lefties claim they are. 

I posted a video from YOUR source that shows a 6 week embryo. 

You are more than welcome to try to prove to me that it 'sure looks like a human baby' but you are NOT welcome to CHANGE the topic of our discussion in this thread. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.33  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.29    3 weeks ago

Please show me your websites and I'll show you mine. And for the record, I have a masters in biology. What do you have?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.34  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.30    3 weeks ago
Even at six weeks it is still going to be and is a  human baby.

Going to be and is are two different things. Until then, it is not a human baby.

arkpdx
PhD Participates
3.1.35  arkpdx  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.33    3 weeks ago

I have a degree in Anthropology. So what. 

Dulay
Professor Principal
3.1.36  Dulay  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.35    3 weeks ago

So, APPLY it. 

Right Down the Center
Freshman Guide
3.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 weeks ago

If the shoe fits...........

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Tessylo  impassed  Right Down the Center @3.2    3 weeks ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    3 weeks ago

"In 2019, New York   voted    to allow abortion up until the baby is born."

That's not true.

And you said we're the ones who are lying.

Just Jim NC TttH
Masters Principal
4.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @4    3 weeks ago

Obviously you bypassed the linked story................again.

"The law, which is likely the most expansive abortion bill in the country, allows late-term abortion until the baby’s due date if it meets certain requirements. Not only is this kind of legal protection of late-term abortion an affront to the humanity of the unborn and the dignity of society, but New York celebrated it publicly, as if it had just won the Super Bowl."

And once again..................consider it handed.

Hallux
Sophomore Principal
4.1.13  Hallux  replied to    3 weeks ago

You do realize that there are States out there that also want to criminalize going out of State for an abortion. Hold a Statewide referendum? I believe there are enough of those on the books that have been rejected by TPTB.

Split Personality
Professor Principal
4.1.24  Split Personality  replied to  Hallux @4.1.13    3 weeks ago

The rest of the  thread was removed for violating the COC en masse.

Interpersonal Codes (essentially: ‘be polite’) 1.   No direct or indirect derogatory references to other members
2.   No taunting or bullying
3.   Be civil

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago

Abortion is a religious issue. The heavily religious are generally against it , and the non religious generally dont have a problem with it.  The state should not be involved at all. It cannot be proven that a fetus is a human being with equally protected rights as born individuals. Cannot be proven , period. Government should not be involved in regulating abortion one way or the other. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Masters Principal
5.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 weeks ago

Dare ya to find and destroy a bald eagle egg...............................

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1    3 weeks ago

Your analogy would require the human race to be a numerically endangered species. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.1    3 weeks ago

Yeah, when white trash folks breed like feral cats!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.1    3 weeks ago

Democrats care more about birds than they do about people. Enough said.

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
5.2  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 weeks ago
Government should not be involved in regulating abortion one way or the other. 

President Biden seems O.K. with "The People" and Government envolvement .

— President Biden (@POTUS) May 3, 2022

“If the court does overturn Roe, it will fall on our nation’s elected officials at all levels of government to protect a woman’s right to choose,” Biden said. “And it will fall on voters to elect pro-choice officials this November. At the federal level, we will need more pro-choice Senators and a pro-choice majority in the House to adopt legislation that codifies Roe, which I will work to pass and sign into law.”

Snuffy
Senior Guide
5.3  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 weeks ago

Religion is definitely part of this argument.  When does life begin, when does the soul enter the body.  Those are the religious questions to which nobody here has the answer.  

But the part about equally protected rights does bring up an interesting question.  If a person murders a pregnant woman, the person is charged with two murders.  But if a woman gets an abortion she is not charged with an abortion.  Why the difference?  Is the unborn entitled to certain rights including the right to life that the murderer has cut short or is the unborn merely the 'property' of the woman until birth?

Hallux
Sophomore Principal
5.3.1  Hallux  replied to  Snuffy @5.3    3 weeks ago

No one is stopping the religious from procreating to their heart's content, their bodies, their choice.

Snuffy
Senior Guide
5.3.2  Snuffy  replied to  Hallux @5.3.1    3 weeks ago

Irrelevant -  JR's comment was that abortion is a religious issue and I responded directly to that comment.  That comment had nothing to do with preventing the religious or anybody else from procreating.  The reply was directly at religion and abortion.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @5.3    3 weeks ago

When people commit suicide, its not considered a crime is it?  The same principle applies to the difference between the murder of an unborn baby by a third party, and abortion done by the person with the fetus in her belly. 

Hallux
Sophomore Principal
5.3.4  Hallux  replied to  Snuffy @5.3.2    3 weeks ago

Okay, back to: "When does life begin, when does the soul enter the body."

The first question is easy for both the religious and nonreligious, the second is an unknown to both.

Snuffy
Senior Guide
5.3.5  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.3    3 weeks ago

While suicide is no longer considered a crime by the United States, there are some states that still carry attempted suicide as a criminal offense.  In 2019 Maryland had prosecuted attempted suicide 10 times in the past five years  (I will provide the link but it's behind a paywall)  

Here's another link where a person attempted suicide and because he used a gun he was put in jail rather than receive the mental health help that he needed.

However it is kind of hard to prosecute a person after a successful suicide but as the US brought in large parts of English Common Law when it started and suicide was at the time illegal under English Common Law it was for a time illegal in the US also.  Most states have moved past that and treat suicide correctly as a mental health issue.

The same principle applies to the difference between the murder of an unborn baby by a third party, and abortion done by the person with the fetus in her belly. 

But I think you missed the mark comparing suicide to abortion and this comment.  I can't see how it applies to the question I raised.

Snuffy
Senior Guide
5.3.6  Snuffy  replied to  Hallux @5.3.4    3 weeks ago
Okay, back to: "When does life begin, when does the soul enter the body." The first question is easy for both the religious and nonreligious, the second is an unknown to both.

If it's an easy question, then when does life begin? 

I will ignore the second question as when does a soul enter the body is really only a question for the religious and you are correct in that the answer is unknown to all.  All religions have attempted to answer the question but they are just guesses without any factual proof to back them up.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @5.3.5    3 weeks ago

You asked why someone who murders an unborn baby is charged with a crime and a woman who has an abortion is not. I think I gave you the proper answer. It is the difference between someone who jumps off the roof of a building of their own accord , and someone who is pushed off the roof of a building by another person. 

Snuffy
Senior Guide
5.3.8  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.7    3 weeks ago

Then you will need to expand on your answer as I don't understand it.  I just don't see how  you can compare suicide to charging two murders in the case of a pregnant woman.  In your edit you you added 

It is the difference between someone who jumps off the roof of a building of their own accord , and someone who is pushed off the roof of a building by another person. 

So now your comparison is between the suicide of a person and the murder of a person?  Still don't see how that answers my question.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.9  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @5.3.8    3 weeks ago

It's not John's or anyone else's problem that you can't understand.

Snuffy
Senior Guide
5.3.10  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.9    3 weeks ago

That's because John's reply doesn't make sense unless you believe that the unborn is just property of the woman until birth.  And if that's the case than logically if a person murders a pregnant woman he should not be charged with two murders.  At worst it should be one charge of murder and one charge of destruction of property.

His conflation with suicide also doesn't make sense as the woman in getting an abortion is not committing suicide and I have no idea how you can ask the unborn if they desire to attempt suicide, which to the unborn an abortion would be suicide.  So using John's analogy of a person jumping off a roof vs a person pushing a person off the roof, then if a woman gets an abortion shouldn't the woman be charged with murder just like the person who pushed someone off a roof would be charged with?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @5.3.10    3 weeks ago

A killing of an unborn baby by a third party is an exacerbated circumstance. It is used to ensure the longest possible sentence for the killer. It is not a legal conclusion that fetuses have the same rights as born human beings. 

Or do you think the mother is a third party to the birth process as well? 

Sunshine
Professor Guide
5.3.12  Sunshine  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.11    3 weeks ago
It is used to ensure the longest possible sentence for the killer. It is not a legal conclusion that fetuses have the same rights as born human beings. 

Not necessarily.  Some state statues do recognize the fetus as a "person" for separate criminal charges.

Snuffy
Senior Guide
5.3.13  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.11    3 weeks ago
A killing of an unborn baby by a third party is an exacerbated circumstance. It is used to ensure the longest possible sentence for the killer. It is not a legal conclusion that fetuses have the same rights as born human beings. 

While I agree with the longest possible sentence, it just strikes me as being at odds with the entire premise.  But perhaps not all states will recognize a fetus as a "person" when bringing separate charges and perhaps some states do not bring a second charge of murder.  

But it still doesn't cover how you brought suicide into the conversation.  

Hallux
Sophomore Principal
5.3.14  Hallux  replied to  Snuffy @5.3.6    3 weeks ago

With the simplest of organisms by cell division, moving up the ladder by a sperm entering an egg followed by gene splicing to once again become the simplest of organisms and wallow in cell division.

If you are going to ignore the 2nd question why did you ask it?

arkpdx
PhD Participates
5.3.15  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.3    3 weeks ago

Since the guilty party in a suicide is already dead, there is no on alive to charge or punish so it is essentially not a chargeable offense. Attempted suicide can be a chargeable offense and is in many jurisdictions. 

JBB
Professor Principal
5.3.16  JBB  replied to  arkpdx @5.3.15    3 weeks ago

Most suicides fail, especially attempts made by young women. Will they be charged with attempted murder when the law changes?

arkpdx
PhD Participates
5.3.17  arkpdx  replied to  JBB @5.3.16    3 weeks ago

If the laws in their states say that attempted suicide is against the law they might.you know women have to follow the law too. 

Snuffy
Senior Guide
5.3.18  Snuffy  replied to  Hallux @5.3.14    3 weeks ago
With the simplest of organisms by cell division, moving up the ladder by a sperm entering an egg followed by gene splicing to once again become the simplest of organisms and wallow in cell division.

By that example then wouldn't any abortion be murder?  You are performing an action to end a life.  This is why the discussion / argument around abortion is so difficult.  It's easy to get caught up in an absolutist outlook and ignore context.

If you are going to ignore the 2nd question why did you ask it?

Many religions have brought up the idea of a soul when talking about abortion.  To them if the soul has entered the body then the ending of that life is even more serious. I ignore it because there is nobody on Earth who can definitively answer that question.  All we have are guesses,  only God can answer that question.  But if you want to take my asking then ignoring the second question as a "gotcha" victory, feel free...

Snuffy
Senior Guide
5.3.19  Snuffy  replied to  arkpdx @5.3.15    3 weeks ago

It's too bad he hasn't come back to answer the question.  I would love to hear his reasoning on why he included suicide in this discussion.  

Dulay
Professor Principal
5.3.20  Dulay  replied to  Snuffy @5.3.18    3 weeks ago
By that example then wouldn't any abortion be murder?  You are performing an action to end a life. 

If that is true, young men are mass murders every time they masturbate. 

Snuffy
Senior Guide
5.3.21  Snuffy  replied to  Dulay @5.3.20    3 weeks ago
This is why the discussion / argument around abortion is so difficult.  It's easy to get caught up in an absolutist outlook and ignore context.

That's the rest of my comment that you ignored in your reply.  

So I'll make it easy for you.  Just put me on ignore.  You constantly ignore context and the conversation threads, it's easy to see you don't want to discuss anything you just want to argue.

I will not respond to you in the future.  

Dulay
Professor Principal
5.3.22  Dulay  replied to  Snuffy @5.3.21    3 weeks ago
That's the rest of my comment that you ignored in your reply.  

I didn't ignore anything Snuffy. I addressed the part of your comment that interested me, just as you do in many of your replies right here in this seed. So exactly WTF is your problem? 

Oh and BTFW, the third and fourth sentence in that paragraph add NO context to your question and statement that I addressed. 

So I'll make it easy for you.  Just put me on ignore. 

Nope. 

You constantly ignore context and the conversation threads, it's easy to see you don't want to discuss anything you just want to argue.

You and yours constantly make bullshit personal comments when you're incapable of addressing the comments of other members. 

I will not respond to you in the future.  

Oh, that cuts me to the quick. /s

Seriously, in yesterday's seed you didn't respond to most of my replies to you, presumably because you have nothing worthy to say. Any further failure to respond won't affect my participation in any way. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.23  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @5.3.21    3 weeks ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.4  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 weeks ago
Abortion is a religious issue. The heavily religious are generally against it , and the non religious generally dont have a problem with it.

Wrong again. I am an atheist; and know many other atheists that are against abortion except in cases of rape, incest, the life of the mother is threatened, or the baby is not viable outside the womb.

The state should not be involved at all.

Then who should be John? The House and Senate have punted the issue repeatedly at the Federal level. That leaves it up to the states to decide. Just because many of them don't decide the way you, collectively meaning the left, like doesn't mean they are wrong.

It cannot be proven that a fetus is a human being with equally protected rights as born individuals.  Cannot be proven , period.

Then it shouldn't be a crime to physically cause a pregnant woman to miscarry against her will; or harm a fetus while it is still inside the womb. 

Government should not be involved in regulating abortion one way or the other. 

Then who is going to regulate it? Who is going to handle it when pregnant women seek to have abortions up until babies are about to be born. Since according to you it can't be determined when a fetus becomes a human being. Who is going to regulate it when someone botches a late term abortion and puts the life of the mother at risk? Who is going to hold them responsible? Who is going to be responsible if a late term abortion is botched and the baby comes out alive; and stands a chance at survival? 

Democrats want to regulate every last right including the First and Second Amendments; but abortion and immigration- those have to be unlimited access, on demand, and with no restrictions. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @5.4    3 weeks ago
Then who is going to regulate it? Who is going to handle it when pregnant women seek to have abortions up until babies are about to be born. Since according to you it can't be determined when a fetus becomes a human being. Who is going to regulate it when someone botches a late term abortion and puts the life of the mother at risk? Who is going to hold them responsible? Who is going to be responsible if a late term abortion is botched and the baby comes out alive; and stands a chance at survival? 

In most cases up until recently abortion law has been a compromise between banning abortion at conception and not banning it at all. The medical consensus is that a fetus is not viable until the 25th week, or so. This conclusion was the basis for a long article the 20th century genius Carl Sagan wrote about abortion. There is no complete right or wrong when it comes to abortion , from a moral standpoint. It is no more possible to "prove" that abortion should be banned from conception than there is to prove that "late term" abortions should take place. So we have had the compromise in place for 50 years. 

The goverment should not be involved, but at least up until now it has been involved to preserve that compromise. . 

Greg Jones
Professor Guide
5.5  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 weeks ago

As usual your argument is faulty.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.5.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @5.5    3 weeks ago

As usual your argument is non-existent. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    3 weeks ago

I think this is on topic - even more so today

58994402_1183596878477869_3608967457261223936_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p552x414&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=_yRqFZdxMFgAX8i06K5&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT8RcMotfWtJ0hyIN1SRqcBmGYblOsQDmUrDgalgQs9dAg&oe=6296A7E7

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
6.1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Tessylo @6    3 weeks ago

Democrats Mislead Voters About What Happens If Roe Is Overturned !

Hallux
Sophomore Principal
6.1.1  Hallux  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @6.1    3 weeks ago
What Happens If Roe Is Overturned !

Wealthy women will fly in private jets to Paris, get an abortion and do some shopping, maybe take in a show and sip some Chardonnay. Poor women will stare at the coat hanger their rags are hanging on wishing they had watched a d.i.y. video on Youtube.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @6.1    3 weeks ago

Poor women in red states get fucked, while the wives/daughters/mistresses of the wealthy politicians and activists that fucked them go to democratic states or other countries to get their abortions. 

Nerm_L
PhD Principal
7  Nerm_L    3 weeks ago

Democrats can't even tell us what a woman is.  Biology certainly doesn't have anything to do with what makes a woman a woman.  So who's rights are Democrats trying to defend?

Democrats only had 50 years to address abortion at the Federal level.  But Democrats didn't to that.  Instead Democrats used abortion to fear-monger and divide the country just to win elections.  But Democrats winning elections hasn't done a damn thing to address abortion or protect anyone's rights.  

You know every pregnancy impaired individual born in 1973 doesn't have to worry about needing an abortion.  They've aged out of Roe v. Wade.  So marching around and burning bras like it's 1973 only proves that Democrats can't accomplish anything by winning elections.  Democrats haven't protected anyone's rights.  The fact that Democrats are still fear-mongering like its 1973 proves that Democrats' priority has not been people's rights.  Democrats are only concerned with winning elections.

Joe Biden has revived the Cold War so we can party like its 1962.  Now Joe Biden is going to lead us on bra-burning protests like its 1973.  Just wait till Joe Biden takes us back to the 1980s; then we're really screwed.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
7.2  mocowgirl  replied to  Nerm_L @7    3 weeks ago
Democrats haven't protected anyone's rights.  The fact that Democrats are still fear-mongering like its 1973 proves that Democrats' priority has not been people's rights.  Democrats are only concerned with winning elections.

I totally agree.

Women's rights to bodily autonomy should have been settled long ago instead of the Democrats using it in an attempt to gain and keep political control.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  mocowgirl @7.2    3 weeks ago

Oh Christ.  There you go again.  

EVERYTHING IS THE FAULT OF THE DEMOCRATS.  Why don't you just say that?

Right Down the Center
Freshman Guide
7.2.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.1    3 weeks ago

EVERYTHING IS THE FAULT OF THE DEMOCRATS.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Nerm_L @7    3 weeks ago

Oh boy, here goes Neville, gonna lecture us on how appeasing dictators is far better than standing up to them.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.3    3 weeks ago
Oh boy, here goes Neville, gonna lecture us on how appeasing dictators is far better than standing up to them.

Man, that is SOME stretch there, considering his post mentioned  NOTHING about dictators OR appeasing them.

Where did you come up with your post from?

Because there AIN'T no way you got it from anything he stated in his post.

Why are you assigning things he never said to him?

Nerm_L
PhD Principal
7.3.2  Nerm_L  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.3    3 weeks ago

Too bad we don't have a President that will stand up.  Biden fights like the five time draft dodger he is.  Are you really sure you want someone like Biden watching your back in a firefight?

JBB
Professor Principal
7.3.3  JBB  replied to  Nerm_L @7.3.2    3 weeks ago

That is silly. Presidents have armies to do that.

Sean Treacy
Professor Expert
10  Sean Treacy    3 weeks ago

Democrats can't even tell us what a woman is.

suddenly, they seem to have figured it out.   Governor Newsome, that's transphobic bigot, said today "if men could get pregnant, this wouldn't be a conversation"

I guess men can't get pregnant again , and they've been lying to us for the last  months or so. 

Snuffy
Senior Guide
10.1  Snuffy  replied to  Sean Treacy @10    3 weeks ago

Wait...  we're back to pregnant women and the term 'birthing people' is no longer to be used?  Damn,  I didn't get the new playbook...

Sean Treacy
Professor Expert
11  Sean Treacy    3 weeks ago

For people who constantly  tell you how popular abortion, they sure hate the idea of submitting the issue to the people through the Democratic process.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
11.1  mocowgirl  replied to  Sean Treacy @11    3 weeks ago
For people who constantly  tell you how popular abortion, they sure hate the idea of submitting the issue to the people through the Democratic process.

What other medical procedures are submitted to the people through the Democratic process?

Nerm_L
PhD Principal
11.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  mocowgirl @11.1    3 weeks ago
What other medical procedures are submitted to the people through the Democratic process?

Medical marijuana?  

People weren't allowed a vote on the 18th amendment either.  How'd that turn out?

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
11.1.2  mocowgirl  replied to  Nerm_L @11.1.1    3 weeks ago
Medical marijuana?   People weren't allowed a vote on the 18th amendment either.  How'd that turn out?

??????

I am puzzled.  These are drugs/substances to ingest for pain relief or pleasure - neither of which is a medical procedure.

JBB
Professor Principal
11.1.3  JBB  replied to  Nerm_L @11.1.1    3 weeks ago

original

Nerm_L
PhD Principal
11.1.4  Nerm_L  replied to  mocowgirl @11.1.2    3 weeks ago
I am puzzled.  These are drugs/substances to ingest for pain relief or pleasure - neither of which is a medical procedure.

About half of all abortions are performed with abortion drugs and not a medical procedure. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
11.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sean Treacy @11    3 weeks ago

Maybe because medical decisions are not the business of the masses? Should I have a say I. Your personal medical decisions or should I fuck off? Exactly.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
12  Thrawn 31    3 weeks ago

IMO if states determine that every fetus should be born then those same states should shoulder 100% of the cost. And by that I mean footing all the financial bills from inception to the age of 18 as well as caring for and providing for those kids born to parents who would have opted for an abortion if they had the chance.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @12    3 weeks ago
And by that I mean footing all the financial bills from inception to the age of 18 as well as caring for and providing for those kids born to parents who would have opted for an abortion if they had the chance.

If by "parents" you mean "women", okay. The man has no part in the woman's right to choose.

And the father would still be held responsible, just as they are today when the woman chooses not to abort.