╌>

You won't know what hit you!

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  305 comments

You won't know what hit you!
Speaking to a crowd on the Supreme Court steps, the leading Senate Democrat declared: “I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price.” He meant Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, the newest Justices who were appointed by President Trump. Mr. Schumer, still addressing Messrs. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, added: “You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

We all remember that March day in 2020 when Chuck Schumer broke all political norms and threatened justices on the Supreme Court by name. This past week somebody associated with the Court leaked an opinion (a majority opinion) on the always controversial Roe v Wade Decision. Schumer's threat was just the first phase in what we can now see are democratic efforts to bully the High Court. This week's evil leaking of a future Court decision has now led to leftist groups like   "Ruth Sent Us" to publish the supposed home addresses of Justices Amy Coney Barrett, John Roberts, Samuel Alito, Brett Kavanaugh, Clarence Thomas and Neil Gorsuch. The DC police have erected fencing around the Supreme Court as the nation braces for more left wing violence. Joe Biden has yet to condemn the leak. In the meantime leftist claim that Conservatives hate women, yet they can't define what a woman is.

The Week:

The Ministry of Truth:   Five days ago, we learned from left wing ideologue Alejandro Mayorkas that the Biden administration had secretly created a "Disinformation Board" to be headed by a radical leftist. He was confronted by Sen Rand Paul:

The ideologue would not answer, claiming that Paul was giving him "vague" hypothetical situations.

King Maker: J.D. Vance won the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate in Ohio on Tuesday, with a huge bump thanks to the support of Donald Trump. Those who Trump have supported have all performed well. The real test comes now in states like Georgia, where Trump candidates face long odds. Donald Trump does not support candidates based on ideology, but seemingly for personal reasons. J D Vance is a populist candidate, who will be good for the people of Ohio.

Massive Selloff: "On Thursday, the Dow and S&P both fell more than 3% and the Nasdaq dropped 5%, wiping out the euphoria that reigned on Wall Street after Jerome Powell said the Federal Reserve wasn't  “actively considering” raising rates by 0.75 percentage point."

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/stock-market-today-jobs-report-05-06-2022?mod=hp_lead_pos7

Too little, too late from the Fed.

Fighting in Mariupol: " A third rescue operation is underway in Mariupol to help the  remaining Ukrainian civilians  trapped inside a besieged steel plant, the Red Cross told CBS News. Ukraine's military says Russian troops are  now inside the plant — the last stronghold of the city's defenders."

"Hundreds of civilians remain trapped in the middle of what has become a fight to the death at the steel works in Mariupol. The civilian rescue operation is underway following the successful evacuation of more than 400 civilians last week."

https://news.yahoo.com/rescue-operation-underway-mariupol-russian-230624920.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

What have we learned?

Progressives continue to show everyone their true nature. This week there were two leaks. One from the once sacred chambers of the Supreme Court and the other was one of many from the Jan 6th Committee. Leftist groups are planning to harass certain justices in their homes and maybe Christian denominations on Mother's Day. Joe Biden tells protestors to be peaceful, while refusing to condemn the leak nor telling the protestors to avoid the homes of justices. Leftist teachers have tried to hide what they have been teaching young children but thanks to the pandemic they have been exposed. A leftist DA in LA refuses to prosecute crimes and now even an assault on Dave Chappelle will most likely go unpunished. 

Yesterday we saw the left exposed in all it's anger and hate. Authority was overruled by leftist volunteers.

Cartoon of the Week:

222cartoon.5.4.22.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Honorable Mention:

t_500x300

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

“Measured motions seem to me right, in the main, for constitutional as well as common law adjudication, doctrinal limbs too swiftly shaped, experience teaches, may prove unstable. The most prominent example in recent decades is Roe v. Wade.” .....Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Peter Doocy:

"These activists posted a map with the home addresses of the Supreme Court justices."

Jen Psaki:

"I don't have an official U.S. government position on where people protest. We want it to be peaceful and certainly the president would want people's privacy respected."

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

Well, to be honest the First Amendment does give that right.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Seems to me had the White House come out and said 'Don't go to their homes to protest' then the government would have been guilty of abridging the First Amendment.  I don't like the idea of protests occurring at anybody's private home and would rather they only play out in front of the government buildings, but the First Amendment does not specify location.  All that can really be done is have a police presence around to try to prevent any illegal activity during the protests and to stop any such activity if it starts.  It sucks for the innocents like the children and neighbors but that's about all that can be done legally.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @2.1    2 years ago
but the First Amendment does not specify location. 

Good to know. Some here have argued that it is reserved for public locations.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    2 years ago

18 U.S. Code Section 1507 specifically prohibits pickets and parades “with the intent of influencing any judge in the discharge of his duty” in or near a courtroom or “in or near a residence.”

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    2 years ago
18 U.S. Code Section 1507

Look at that, this falls under 18 USC, Chapter 73 "Obstruction of Justice"

§1507. Picketing or parading

Whoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

Nothing in this section shall interfere with or prevent the exercise by any court of the United States of its power to punish for contempt.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.3    2 years ago

Pretty doubtful anyone will be charged with any crime for protesting at SCOTUS residences. No one in the Administration is even calling for them NOT to do it.  The Administration just doesn't care.

It isn't likely that protestors will be at the SCOTUS residences which are deemed "liberal" or pro-choice.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    2 years ago
Pretty doubtful anyone will be charged with any crime for protesting at SCOTUS residences.

And you gave the reason:

No one in the Administration is even calling for them NOT to do it.

Their lack of stepping up to condemn it, to me, indicates their support of it. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.3    2 years ago

Yes it does. Can we expect the DOJ to enforce it?

zuksam
Junior Silent
2.1.7  zuksam  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.5    2 years ago

It's sad that this type of intimidation has been allowed to go on. Protesting at the White House is one thing they have a fence and security so there's little reason for the President or Staff to feel intimidated but at most private residences they have no defense. When Schumer says, "You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.” is that not intimidation, certainly sounds like a threat to me. In the last decade we've seen politicians accosted in restaurants, at home, and on the street and now the left wants to include targeting Judges too. I don't care if they're Left or Right Politicians and Judges shouldn't have to worry if tonight is the night the mob is going to kick down their door and kill them or whether there's a crazed Assassin using that group of protesters at the end of their driveway as cover. How can we have a Democracy if we allow mob intimidation of our Elected Officials.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.6    2 years ago

They should be enforcing it.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.8    2 years ago

One thing’s for sure.    

We dodged a bullet not getting Garland on the SCOTUS.

POS won’t do his job.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.10  Ronin2  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.9    2 years ago

Garland does his job. But it is only against Jan 6th rioters; and parents that dare to question what public schools are teaching their kids. 

90% of the rioters from the BLM/Antifa riots are released w/o charges. He is completely avoiding Hunter's laptop- and Joe's pay for play with China, Ukraine, and Russian oligarchs.

In other words he is a worthless partisan POS that needs to be impeached as soon as Republicans take the House and Senate.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.10    2 years ago

None of that is true.  

You just make it up as you go

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
“I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price.” 

So we are threatening Supreme Court Justices now.

"Disinformation Board"

Somebody has bee reading Chinese and N. Korean doctrine.  I don't see that ending well.

Leftist teachers have tried to hide what they have been teaching young children but thanks to the pandemic they have been exposed.

They've tried to hide it but it's slowly being exposed and these predators are being fired.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    2 years ago

Like what you see?

I wonder how the voters feel?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

The blundering fools that voted for this think it's a good thing.  Well, only because they've shown they can't think for themselves and have been told what to think.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Lacking votes, Dems plot message on abortion

FSE7EfAXEAcGXT_?format=jpg&name=small

http:// hill.cm/GuzOE0g

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.1  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 years ago

Agreed.  And I think it's an excellent process for an election year.  The Democrats plan to use the voting in their campaigning for November.  Problem I see is that regardless of their outrage over this, I do not believe that abortion rights will be the most important issues that voters consider for the election.  I still believe that inflation and crime will be of higher importance come November.

But the asshole in me would kind of like to see SCOTUS come out in June with an opinion that retains Roe v Wade and have the Republicans throw the freaking out and protests back in the face of the Democrats.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @4.1    2 years ago
Problem I see is that regardless of their outrage over this, I do not believe that abortion rights will be the most important issues that voters consider for the election. 

That's a big problem. I don't think anything can help them this time. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

JUST IN: Pelosi announces $45,000 minimum salary for House staffers

FSE90FTXMAE5l8k?format=jpg&name=small

http:// hill.cm/mDQg47l

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.1  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    2 years ago

Gee Nancy,  what about all those unpaid interns some of who are on your staff?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

'YOU HAVE NO CLUE': The Kentucky senator challenged the embattled DHS secretary about government telling people what is true.

FSCypSGWQAIaJMP?format=jpg&name=small

https:// fxn.ws/3w4QUap

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 years ago

Gee..  is the Biden administration taking a page out of the Trump playbook and expanding on it?  And here I thought that Biden wanted to remove all thoughts and ideas from the previous administration....

"I love the uneducated, they believe everything we tell them"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @6.1    2 years ago

I don't know where the quote came from, but the so-called "educated" aren't too bright either. I find they are the most easily led.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1.2  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.1    2 years ago

The quote was actually 'I love the poorly educated'.  Of course in today's partisan world the Democrats only used that part of the entire statement.  You can find the entire statement cleared up by Snopes.

Afterwards, in a  speech to supporters , Trump touted how many different demographic groups he won in Nevada, declaring that “We won the evangelicals. We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated,” before exclaiming “I love the poorly educated!”:

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @6.1.2    2 years ago

I remember.

They snipped off what they wanted and smeared half the country. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.1    2 years ago
but the so-called "educated" aren't too bright either. I find they are the most easily led.

And that's exactly what the leaders of stupid would want you to believe.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.4    2 years ago

The "leaders of stupid?"

Would that be the professors who left the University of Frankfurt and escaped Nazi Germany and found refuge at Columbia University?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.5    2 years ago
The "leaders of stupid?"

"We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated," DJT

There is no doubt who the leaders of stupid are. Only their die hard members refuse to accept the obvious. Those pushing "alternative facts", downplayed the virus, lying about their motives when pushing their choices for the supreme court, lying about the vaccine, believing incredible stupid conspiracy theories despite all contrary evidence, ridiculing higher education because they're so fucking stupid they can't stand it so have to invent a new narrative where "gut" intelligence is somehow superior to an actual study of facts and reality. Of course those leading the stupid are busy telling their followers how smart they are as they strip them of their cash and freedoms in favor of their religious conservative brand of fascism. I can only feel sorry for such weak minded suckers and saps.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.6    2 years ago

Didn't read the whole statement given at 6.1.2????

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.6    2 years ago

The stupid voted for stupid in 2020. 

Here is their chance to make amends. Have they suffered enough?  Let's see?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.6    2 years ago
e is no doubt who the leaders of stupid are.

Democrats clean up among those with less than a high school education.  

But, of course, you want to call them stupid based on solely on  their education level. So  I invite you to go to those precincts with the highest level of high school dropouts and call them all stupid. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.9    2 years ago
Democrats clean up among those with less than a high school education. 

Are you unleashing facts again?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.8    2 years ago

Naw.  The stupid voted for stupid in 2016 and look where that got us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.10    2 years ago
"Are you unleashing facts again?"

When has that ever happened?  
From him or you?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.11    2 years ago

Because of the Russians / S

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.12    2 years ago
From him

Just about all the time.

Can you dispute the fact he revealed?

Did you even know about it?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.7    2 years ago

Nah, a good propagandist cuts comments like that up as to best support the narrative they are trying to brainwash the useful idiots with.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.14    2 years ago

What fact?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.19  Sparty On  replied to    2 years ago

Uh .... kleptog ..... klepper ...... kleptictitter ....... uh next question ....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.21  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.18    2 years ago
What fact?

The one we were just talking about. btw what happened to your other comment?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.12    2 years ago
When has that ever happened?  From him or you?

Every single time they have given links with facts that you simply have refused to read.

Arguing that they have presented no facts when you simply ignore them doesn't mean they didn't present facts, it means you refuse to acknowledge reality.

And that is all on you, not some mythical failure on their part.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.24  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    2 years ago

I think we'll take the high road.

Let's stick to the topics, okay Tony?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.24    2 years ago

"I think we'll take the high road."

Something else I've never seen here.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.27  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    2 years ago

Remember what Frank said "The guys who fly straight are the guys who last in this business!"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.28  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.26    2 years ago

I guess today will be the first time then.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.26    2 years ago

Hard to see when one wallows in the gutter.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1.32  Snuffy  replied to    2 years ago

oooo...   and then you forgot  your little friend....   

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.33  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    2 years ago
Whose Frank ?

The man who bought you dinner:

MV5BNzk5ZWI5MWItMGFlOC00M2NmLWExOTAtYzc3NjY3M2Q0MzkzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDc2NTEzMw@@._V1_UY100_CR25,0,100,100_AL_.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.35  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

"Remember what Frank said "The guys who fly straight are the guys who last in this business!"

Yeah Tony Montana!  What he said!

Always remember what Frank Lopez said to you in Scarface!

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Wise advice among cocaine smugglers

[ Deleted ]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.36  Texan1211  replied to    2 years ago
At Least not in these places anyway:

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.37  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago
"Oh..... the movie Scareface. I get it now."

I now....right ?

Ummm, Drrr, Duh, hmmmmmmmmm.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.39  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.28    2 years ago

Nope.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.41  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.29    2 years ago
Hard to see when one wallows in the gutter.

That's where you reside

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.42  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

Did you mean to actually "Mean" something ?

That was your idiotic comment to me.  

Did you mean to actually "Mean" something ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.44  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.41    2 years ago
That's where you reside

Did Pee Wee Herman supply that line?

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.45  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.3    2 years ago

Biden smeared half the country with his sick and twisted assault upon MAGA citizens that came out of his demented mind.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.46  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.7    2 years ago
Didn't read the whole statement given at 6.1.2????

Like much of what comes out of Trumps mouth he lied when he said "We won with the highly educated" and "we won with the young", the only truth in his statement was that he won with the old, evangelicals and the poorly educated.

2-12.png

Trump clearly won with old poorly educated white evangelicals which are clearly still his solid base of easily manipulated gullible supporters. That also explains why a large majority of Republicans believe wild fantasy Qanon conspiracy theories, they're just not educated enough to see through the lies and love to have their ears tickled with lies that confirm their deep seated biases and prejudices.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 years ago

Why is that moron Rand, a glorified optometrist, grilling anyone over anything?

He's such an idiot!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.3    2 years ago
Why is that moron Rand, a glorified optometrist, grilling anyone over anything?

Because he is also a US Senator!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7  Greg Jones    2 years ago

The RED WAVE is coming. The lefties won't know what hit them.

"In the meantime leftist claim that Conservatives hate women, yet they can't define what a woman is."

MC_BrainFreeze_web20220506111111.jpg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @7    2 years ago

The lefties are quiet today. They've been getting hammered lately.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

I’m still trying to figure out the recent media outrage about my father possibly wanting to target Mexican drug cartel manufacturing facilities in Mexico… Is that supposed to be a bad thing???....Donald Trump Jr

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Republicans in the Louisiana House advanced a bill Wednesday that would classify abortion as homicide and allow prosecutors to criminally charge patients.

fFHIs_OO?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/05/louisiana-republicans-advance-bill-that-would-charge-abortion-homicide/?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

It seems that they are angry with old Vic...

raymond-burr-as-perry-mason-in-the-case-of-the-violent-vest-image-picture-id92303280?k=20&m=92303280&s=612x612&w=0&h=OUyOMF1pmQiPCxmb443C5oye20uD4D6ye6ZXL8kTpwI=

I think they're gonna get a lot angrier.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @10    2 years ago

"It seems that they are angry with old Vic...

I think they're gonna get a lot angrier."

You wildly exaggerate your influence and estimation

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @10.1    2 years ago

Perhaps.

How are you feeling today?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.1    2 years ago

No perhaps involved.  [Deleted

I'm just fine.  I deal in reality.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.2    2 years ago
I'm just fine. 

I'm glad to hear it

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.3    2 years ago

Sure ya are!

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
11  JBB    2 years ago

Abe Haynes nailed it - "Liberals are like the abused partner in a relationship who thinks they can appeal to reason and change their abusive partner. But conservatives, like abusers, aren't gonna change. They like who they are."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @11    2 years ago

More like abused as children, who want to punish the rest of us, as adults.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.2  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @11    2 years ago
"Abe Haynes nailed it - "Liberals are like the abused partner in a relationship who thinks they can appeal to reason and change their abusive partner. But conservatives, like abusers, aren't gonna change. They like who they are."

They wear their deplorability as a badge of honor.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @11.2    2 years ago
They wear their deplorability as a badge of honor.  

No, many just considered the source for such an ignorant comment and make fun of the idiot who stated it and the followers who parrot the remark.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
12  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

The refusal of the White House to condemn the doxing of Supreme Court justices private residences shows you all you need to know about their hypocrisy over January 6th.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @12    2 years ago
The refusal of the White House to condemn the doxing of Supreme Court justices private residences shows you all you need to know about their hypocrisy over January 6th.

Yes, nothing. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
12.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1    2 years ago

They are endorsing illegal activity to pressure a branch of government in its performance of it's duty

Of course, norms only matter when Trump breaks them, right?  The thing is we all know how you would react if conservative groups were doing this to liberal justices over, say a second amendment case, and Trump refused to condemn it.   

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
12.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Sean Treacy @12.1.1    2 years ago

Remember...anything these deranged left wing thugs do...can be done to them.

So doxxing the liberal judges homes will be acceptable...right?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Bwv1KJee?format=jpg&name=small

What morons. Getting pregnant is a choice....one that involves another life.

Hallux
Masters Principal
13.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @13    2 years ago
Getting pregnant is a choice...

Only if one wants too. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @13.1    2 years ago

And if one prefers not to, they have this thing called "the pill."

Hallux
Masters Principal
13.1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.1    2 years ago

And many a 'pro' lifer would like to ban those also but that would never happen, no slippery slopes there and all that sort of thing that 2nd Amd. folks scream about ... @!@

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @13.1.2    2 years ago

FALSE.

I think everybody is in favor of contraceptives. Look what it did for "women."

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.3    2 years ago

Why did you put women in quotation marks?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.1.4    2 years ago

That almost got by everyone.

Very good Trout.

The reason I did that is because I believe the pill changed the nature of women. Do you know what I mean?

Hallux
Masters Principal
13.1.6  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.5    2 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @13.1.6    2 years ago

Yet nobody wants to go there.

My question remains unanswered.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.5    2 years ago

I really don't know what your meaning is but it did change how women deal with the world these days. They can have a career and children. They don't have to get married to be "happy". They can be themselves.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.1.8    2 years ago
but it did change how women deal with the world these days. They can have a career and children. They don't have to get married to be "happy".

Ok, I'll go along with that. So you and I agree on this one?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.1.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.9    2 years ago

I guess so. Is there something you wanted to add?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.1.10    2 years ago

You mean the part about women no longer needing to be careful about the men they chose?

I think I've discussed that in the past. We'll just agree that it changed the nature of women in various ways.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.11    2 years ago

Don't lump all women together, Vic. Many of us chose good men who are good husbands and good fathers. Some women are not man-smart just like some men are not woman-smart

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.1.13  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.11    2 years ago
You mean the part about women no longer needing to be careful about the men they chose?

I'd say it's given women the same freedom that men have always had.  Some men might resent that, I suppose, but that says more about them than it does about women.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
13.1.14  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.1    2 years ago
"And if one prefers not to, they have this thing called "the pill."

Or a condom.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.1.13    2 years ago
I'd say it's given women the same freedom that men have always had.

I knew a woman who once told me that. Her sister hated her for having an affair with her husband. Her boss's wife had a detective following her. Last but not least I had a terrible dream about killing her.  Women can't be men.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @13.1.14    2 years ago
Or a condom.

That doesn't always serve men well.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.17  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.1.12    2 years ago
Don't lump all women together, Vic.

I don't and you're right.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.1.18  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.15    2 years ago

So she was every bit as guilty as the sister's husband, eh?  He seems to get off pretty lightly here.

Dreams of violence against women, Vic?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.19  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.1.18    2 years ago
So she was every bit as guilty as the sister's husband, eh?  He seems to get off pretty lightly here.

I guess you'd have to know her.

Dreams of violence against women, Vic?

It convinced me to get her out of my system. Sometimes we all need a little shock to come to our senses.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.1.20  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.19    2 years ago
I guess you'd have to know her.

She must have been something, to prevent a man from making his own decisions.  Because that's the only way she could be any more guilty than he was.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @13.1.6    2 years ago

Shouldn't that be a foot in the mouth?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.19    2 years ago

Why did you hate this woman and want to kill her?  Was she cheating on you?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.24  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.1.20    2 years ago
She must have been something

I doubt there was ever another like her.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.1.25  arkpdx  replied to  Hallux @13.1.2    2 years ago
And many a 'pro' lifer would like to ban those also 

Name one?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.1.26  arkpdx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.1.13    2 years ago
I'd say it's given women the same freedom that men have always had 

Men have never had the choice of not to be a father after a pregnancy has started. If the woman does not want the baby she can have it aborted and the man has no say even if he wants the baby and wants to raise it by himself if necessary. If she does want it, she just continues with the pregnancy and if the man dies not want to be a father that's too bad. He is still required to foot the bill for the next 18-21 years. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.1.27  sandy-2021492  replied to  arkpdx @13.1.26    2 years ago

And men have never been medically affected by pregnancy.  They have, however, quite frequently dodged the responsibilities of fatherhood after creating a child, leaving the medical, physical, emotional, and financial problems to the women and children they've left.  That is why women have had to be more careful about the men they choose - there was no recourse for a poor choice.  Men have generally been much more free to have no-strings-attached sex than women have.  Now women can do the same, and some men resent that, as shown in preceding comments.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.1.28  arkpdx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.1.27    2 years ago
free to have no-strings-attached sex 

You consider being financially responsible for over 20 years no strings. Even if they somehow get out of paying for some time, men can still be taken to court to be forced to pay. Other government agencies can also take their funds. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @13.1.28    2 years ago
You consider being financially responsible for over 20 years no strings. Even if they somehow get out of paying for some time, men can still be taken to court to be forced to pay. Other government agencies can also take their funds. 

That is a valid point.

This talk from some about "how about the government paying for the kids" bs is just that, bs. The father will be made to pay just like today if the woman chooses to bring the kid to life.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.1.30  sandy-2021492  replied to  arkpdx @13.1.28    2 years ago
You consider being financially responsible for over 20 years no strings.

Many were never financially responsible.

And even more were never on the hook for the actual work of child-rearing.  They weren't doing 2 AM feedings, or changing diapers, or calming colicky babies, or going to doctor's appointments, or doing endless laundry, or calming teething babies, or childproofing kitchens, or reading to baby, or helping baby learn to walk or feed him or herself.

That was the women.

Contraception and abortion has given women the same freedom from the labors of parenthood men have always had, if they choose not to become mothers after sex.

Why does that threaten you?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.1.31  arkpdx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.1.30    2 years ago

And if a man wants the responsibility of that parenthood (and there are those that have)  the are denied that ability because they would rather kill her child than have it live and thrive with the father. And don't go out into how she has to deal with being pregnant. It is not anyone's fault that that is how nature works

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.1.32  sandy-2021492  replied to  arkpdx @13.1.31    2 years ago

The father has no right to force her to risk her life.  Women are not your broodmares.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.1.33  arkpdx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.1.32    2 years ago

The father has no rights at all. You just want him to be your cash cow

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.1.34  sandy-2021492  replied to  arkpdx @13.1.33    2 years ago

In your own words

It is not anyone's fault that that is how nature works

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
13.1.35  mocowgirl  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.11    2 years ago
We'll just agree that it changed the nature of women in various ways.

Not really.  Our species is not hard wired to be monogamous.  If monogamy was our default mode, then we would happily mate for life and be content - end of story.  Men would have never enacted all of the laws/rules to punish (even kill) women when they are caught having sex outside of marriage because it wouldn't ever have happened.

I will agree that some things have changed since women have more education and more opportunities to have careers if they want them.

In today's world, men and women have more freedom to openly choose the type of lifestyle that works for them.  Some people will never marry, but maintain a monogamous relationship for the majority of their lives.

Other people will marry and divorce numerous times for various reasons including mental/physical abuse and even just sheer frustration of trying to maintain a relationship with someone they have little to nothing in common with.  These people may or may not be capable of monogamy.  Regardless, no one should be forced to live their life with a partner they dislike or fear.  

Monogamous Behavior (womenshealthmag.com)

So apparently it makes evolutionary sense for me to be a skank. It's simple math: The more women I impregnate, the more kids I'll have. I'd like to think Anne is less likely to stray — and certainly scientists used to believe that women, who make a huge investment of resources in each child, were choosier about their mates and more faithful once they picked one.

What do scientists say now? That two-timing works just as well for women. They can't boost reproductive quantity the way a male can — a woman can't get pregnant more than once at a time — but it serves their evolutionary interests to improve the quality of their offspring.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.36  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.16    2 years ago
"That doesn't always serve men well."

And that's all that matters to some men.  What serves them . . . or who 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
13.2  afrayedknot  replied to  Vic Eldred @13    2 years ago

“Getting pregnant is a choice....one that involves another life.”

The focus from the right is on the unborn, the focus from the left is on the woman…how utterly insensitive of those passing draconian measures on the woman…conveniently ignoring that they are the third part of the equation. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  afrayedknot @13.2    2 years ago

The focus in the Roe decision was totally on the woman, as if she was deciding to wash her hair.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
13.2.2  afrayedknot  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.2.1    2 years ago

“The focus in the Roe decision was totally on the woman…”

No, the focus of Roe was on the freedom to make one’s individual decisions…free from outside influence, coercion, or legislation. A rather fundamental right if one truly appreciates our system of governance. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  afrayedknot @13.2.2    2 years ago

Whatever it was...It was wrong.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
13.2.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  afrayedknot @13.2.2    2 years ago
freedom to make one’s individual decisions…free from outside influence, coercion, or legislation

In any and all aspects of life? Ya really wanna open that can of worms back up?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.2.4    2 years ago

Are there freedoms you object to?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
13.2.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.2.5    2 years ago

Not at all. Just remembering the last two years Mask shaming/Covid/Vaccine

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.2.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.2.6    2 years ago

That mask shaming went both ways. People were mocked for wearing one and people were shamed for not wearing one.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.2.3    2 years ago
Whatever it was...It was wrong.

Pffft.  According to you.  jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
13.2.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.2.7    2 years ago

Agreed. I didn't point to either "side". Just the fact that everyone had a different idea of "freedom of choice".

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.2.1    2 years ago
"as if she was deciding to wash her hair."

That's how you and certain other 'men' view it.  Probably certain women too.  But that's not true.  You have no clue what a woman is going through.

charger 383
Professor Silent
13.3  charger 383  replied to  Vic Eldred @13    2 years ago
Getting pregnant is a choice.

Choice is staying pregnant or not.  This is something I disagree with those  I usually side with

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  charger 383 @13.3    2 years ago

I hear ya.

The lowest thing I can imagine is an adult woman saying I've decided to terminate my pregnancy.

charger 383
Professor Silent
13.3.2  charger 383  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.1    2 years ago

but if she can't do that is she really free?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.3.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.1    2 years ago

The lowest thing I can imagine is a man telling his pregnant girlfriend, "See ya, Baby!"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  charger 383 @13.3.2    2 years ago
but if she can't do that is she really free?

That was the problem with Roe. It never considered the life of the unborn along with finding a "right" that didn't exist in the Constitution.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.3.3    2 years ago

That is pretty low. Let us strip away all the things you think are emergencies like rape, the possible death of the mother, etc.

So now we only have a healthy adult woman who is pregnant and at some time decides to terminate a pregnancy.

What is the moral argument for that?  There is no valid Constitutional one.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.3.6  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.4    2 years ago
Getting pregnant is a choice.

Especially if you're a 12 year old raped by your father, right?

finding a "right" that didn't exist in the Constitution

The right to vote isn't in the Constitition.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @13.3.6    2 years ago
Especially if you're a 12 year old raped by your father, right?

That's a big problem that happens to millions /S

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.5    2 years ago

Vic,

The assumption you make is that everyone agrees when life begins. The fact is that nothing could be farther from the truth.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.8    2 years ago

I'm not making that assumption. Nobody knows that. I have tried to make it a Constitutional argument rather than a moral one. If this goes back to the states, people will be able to vote for what they want.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.5    2 years ago

Again, you are assuming we all have the same belief about when life starts. We don't. So what this does, it forces a minority of people's beliefs down the throats of the majority.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.11  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.9    2 years ago

The people will not have their say until every representative from their state has been evaluated. Until then, we live with the whim of the states and the court.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.10    2 years ago

No it does not. It will be left to the states. Many states already have laws on abortion.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.11    2 years ago
Until then, we live with the whim of the states and the court.

Ginsburg was right. It should have gone to the states in the beginning and we wouldn't have all this division. Seven unelected justices shouldn't be making that decision

charger 383
Professor Silent
13.3.14  charger 383  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.9    2 years ago

then we will have patchwork and confusion on a very important issue

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.15  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.12    2 years ago

Only a few states have laws. Many more have trigger laws. These states have Gov and representatives who never thought that the court would reverse itself. Now you will have women who will be stuck with traveling literally over a thousand miles or worse, being charged with murder. Women as second-class citizens. I am horrified personally.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  charger 383 @13.3.14    2 years ago

So you want a federal law?  Chuck Schumer is trying to do that. You get 60 votes in the Senate and you get it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.17  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.15    2 years ago
Now you will have women who will be stuck with traveling literally over a thousand miles or worse, being charged with murder. Women as second-class citizens. I am horrified personally.

You have many women who disagree with you. They are pro-life. You just said a minority shouldn't decide. Here is the chance for the majority to decide.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.18  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.13    2 years ago

You know I have never seen so much quoting of RBG by conservatives, which is kind of ironic since I also remember them calling her a leftist radical.

I happen to disagree with her. I feel this will open a slippery slope of other reversals that will set us back 50 years.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.3.19  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.7    2 years ago

Then if it happens to one of your minor relatives, we'll take our clues from you and won't worry about it.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.20  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.17    2 years ago

Almost universally, every poll is tracking at 60% in favor of some sort of choice. And while I am sure that there are women who based on their beliefs are against abortion, no one is forcing them to have one. On the other hand, there are women who will be forced to have a baby, that never wanted one for various reasons.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.21  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.18    2 years ago
You know I have never seen so much quoting of RBG by conservatives

I can quote other liberal legal scholars who feel the same way. It was a bad decision. You told me you had the majority on this issue. Enact the law you want. It should be easy with a majority.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.22  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @13.3.19    2 years ago
Then if it happens to one of your minor relatives,

We are a nation of laws, not feelings.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.23  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.16    2 years ago

You and I both know that will not happen in any time soon and honestly, it should have never been the case. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.24  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.21    2 years ago

That is such rubbish. You know that it will take years to vote people in and that is what you are banking on. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.25  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.20    2 years ago
Almost universally, every poll is tracking at 60% in favor of some sort of choice.

Then it should be a slam dunk. Let's put it to a vote.

And while I am sure that there are women who based on their beliefs are against abortion, no one is forcing them to have one. On the other hand, there are women who will be forced to have a baby, that never wanted one for various reasons.

I won't be alive to see it, but some future generation will judge us on the termination of those unwanted babies.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.26  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.23    2 years ago
You and I both know that will not happen in any time soon

Your Senator promises to take a vote on it - soon!

it should have never been the case. 

Roe should never have happened.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.27  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.24    2 years ago
You know that it will take years to vote people in and that is what you are banking on. 

On this issue, I'm not banking on anything.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
13.3.28  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.21    2 years ago
You told me you had the majority on this issue. Enact the law you want. It should be easy with a majority.

Crazy isn't it?  Abortion is apparently so popular that that it's Fanclub is doing everything they can to prevent if from discussed and decided on democratic principles. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.29  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.25    2 years ago
Then it should be a slam dunk. Let's put it to a vote.

I've addressed this already. This is just nasty.

I won't be alive to see it, but some future generation will judge us on the termination of those unwanted babies.

Or they will judge us by how we treated women in the 21st Century. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.3.30  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.22    2 years ago
We are a nation of laws, not feelings.

The anti-choice forces are motivated almost entirely by their feelings.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.31  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @13.3.28    2 years ago
Crazy isn't it?  Abortion is apparently so popular that that it's Fanclub is doing everything they can to prevent if from discussed and decided on democratic principles. 

Excuse me Sean, but I don't see any lack of discussion here. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
13.3.32  Sean Treacy  replied to  Gsquared @13.3.30    2 years ago

Lol... Have you read this site lately? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.33  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @13.3.28    2 years ago

I'm not getting it either?

What I'm afraid of is the rhetoric that democratic politicians have used. A Supreme Court Justice had to cancel an appearance at a judicial conference, out of safety concerns.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.34  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Gsquared @13.3.30    2 years ago

Becuase they are "babies", not zygotes or fetuses without nervous systems. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.35  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.33    2 years ago
What I'm afraid of is the rhetoric that democratic politicians have used. 

Oh please, no different than that of Republicans. When it comes to political rhetoric there is no good side.

A Supreme Court Justice had to cancel an appearance at a judicial conference, out of safety concerns.

Well, that is awful. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
13.3.36  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.31    2 years ago
but I don't see any lack of discussion here. 

Right. That's what I was arguing.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.37  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.29    2 years ago
Or they will judge us by how we treated women in the 21st Century. 

An adult woman who suddenly decides to terminate a pregnancy?

Yes, there will be many judging them.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.38  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.35    2 years ago

I'm glad to hear it and I knew you'd say it.

What is the other wrong?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.39  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.37    2 years ago
An adult woman who suddenly decides to terminate a pregnancy?

Vic, I don't know what kind of women you have known, but of the few women that I know who had to have an abortion, it was early on, not done on a whim.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.40  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.38    2 years ago

Go back... I updated my answer.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.3.41  Gsquared  replied to  Sean Treacy @13.3.28    2 years ago

You know what's really crazy?  Republicans pretending like they care about the Constitution and democratic principles.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.42  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.39    2 years ago

Then why are pro-abortion advocates demanding abortion at all stages?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.43  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.40    2 years ago

I see that.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.44  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.42    2 years ago

Vic,

First of all, most people are pro-choice not pro-abortion. I know no one who is pro-abortion. Second, most people have abortions in the first trimester. This has been an established fact through the tons of articles here. Also, abortion is at an all-time low. So your argument is a red herring.

Hallux
Masters Principal
13.3.45  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.42    2 years ago
Then why are pro-abortion advocates demanding abortion at all stages?

Then why are pro-lifers demanding no abortions at any stages? See how that works when you leave out 'some'?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.46  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.44    2 years ago
So your argument is a red herring.

It is?  You mean all this time I've been arguing a red herring?  And I'm using the wrong phrase - It's pro-choice?  Ok, when I discuss it with you I'll use that phrase.

However

I think you've used a bit of that red herring as well. If you have a majority, you should easily be able to enact a federal law when Chuck Schumer puts it to a vote. That's actually the way it was going to go in the early 70's until the Court got involved.

I'll be back Monday. Have a good weekend.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.47  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.46    2 years ago

That is not a red herring. But I will tell you this. Throughout my life, I have voted across party lines. Now, it will never happen again. This one freedom meant too much to me, and now it has been taken away from my daughters and niece, and my cousins. I will never count on a republican to represent my fundamental freedom.

Oh, and btw, RBG really cared about women's rights and reproductive rights being part of that. That quote that you love to use, was of her concern that this could be the possible outcome. But hey one too many conservative justices. 

See you on Monday.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.3.48  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.46    2 years ago
If you have a majority, you should easily be able to enact a federal law

That's a specious argument, but, of course, you know that.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
13.3.49  Sean Treacy  replied to  Gsquared @13.3.41    2 years ago
epublicans pretending like they care about the Constitution and democratic principles.

Sure, we can't all be grown ups and put on costumes and demonstrate outside justices homes. 

Only a progressive could pretend they care about democratic principles as they fight tooth against letting people vote on setting the rules they live by.  

JBB
Professor Principal
13.3.50  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @13.3.49    2 years ago

Our rights and freedoms are constitutionally guaranteed, and should not be up to a vote...

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.3.52  Gsquared  replied to  Sean Treacy @13.3.49    2 years ago

But the anti-choice "grown ups" can spend decades demonstrating outside medical clinics that perform abortions, demonstrate outside doctors' homes, scream at and terrorize patients, threaten doctors' families, block access to and bomb clinics and murder doctors.

And theocratic dominionists can lie, cheat and manipulate to try to impose their religious doctrines on people who just want to live their lives and be left alone.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.3.53  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.4    2 years ago
It never considered the life of the unborn along with finding a "right" that didn't exist in the Constitution.

The fetus's right to life does not supersede the mother's.  Pregnancy and childbirth are 14 times more dangerous to a woman's life than abortion.

Women should not be required by force of government to risk their lives in the name of forced birth.  If they  choose  to risk their lives to have a baby, that's their decision.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.54  arkpdx  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.34    2 years ago

Both zygotes and fetuses are both stages of development of what?

Wait for it!

Wait for it!

BABIES!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.55  arkpdx  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.39    2 years ago
not done on a whim.

Then why?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.56  arkpdx  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.47    2 years ago
reproductive rights 

How come women have "reproductive rights" and men do not?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.57  arkpdx  replied to  JBB @13.3.50    2 years ago

So you are for the right to keep and bear arms then

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.58  arkpdx  replied to  Gsquared @13.3.52    2 years ago
bomb clinics and murder doctors. 

Those that did that were caught, tried and convicted of those crimes. They were not allowed to do them. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.59  arkpdx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.3.53    2 years ago
The fetus's right to life does not supersede the mother's 

Most abortions are performed for the convenience of the mother and not because her life is in any danger. 

Pregnancy and childbirth are 14 times more dangerous to a woman's life than abortion. 

Yet there are millions of not billions of more women that get pregnant and go through childbirth and survive than don't. Also trying to compare abortion and child birth and pregnancy is comparing oranges to grapefruit

Women should not be required by force of government to risk their lives in the name of forced birth

If pregnancy is so dangerous to women and sex is the cause of pregnancy maybe we should outlaw women from having sex or force them to be sterilized to save their lives. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.60  arkpdx  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.59    2 years ago

BTW I don't believe that we should do the last part of comment 13.3.59. In any way. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13.3.61  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.60    2 years ago
BTW I don't believe that we should do the last part of comment 13.3.59. In any way. 

I didn't think that you were serious, you dog you.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.3.62  sandy-2021492  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.59    2 years ago
not because her life is in any danger. 

Every pregnant woman's life is in danger above that it would be in if she were not pregnant.

Yet there are millions of not billions of more women that get pregnant and go through childbirth and survive than don't.

Their choice, hopefully.  A choice I made, as well.  Operative word being "choice".

If pregnancy is so dangerous to women and sex is the cause of pregnancy maybe we should outlaw women from having sex or force them to be sterilized to save their lives. 

Or maybe sterilize men, thereby removing the danger.  Vasectomy is safer and less invasive, not to mention less expensive, than tubal ligation.  If we're going to be forcing surgeries on people, and presumably paying for them, we should do it the cheaper, safer way, yes?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.63  arkpdx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.3.62    2 years ago

Didn't read 3.3.60 did you. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.3.64  sandy-2021492  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.63    2 years ago

I responded in order.

Your point is no more valid because of that.

Pregnant women's lives are more at risk than non-pregnant women's lives.  That is a fact borne out by statistics.  Who are you to force a woman to risk her life?  Who are you to equate her increasing her safety to mere "convenience"?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.65  arkpdx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.3.64    2 years ago
Pregnant women's lives are more at risk than non-pregnant women's lives

And you are safer staying locked in your house than going outside. Life is full of risks. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.3.66  sandy-2021492  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.65    2 years ago

No law forces me to leave my house.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.67  arkpdx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.3.66    2 years ago

No law forces you to have intercourse either. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.3.68  sandy-2021492  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.67    2 years ago

And no law should force me to risk my life via pregnancy.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.3.69  Texan1211  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.3.68    2 years ago

Is there such a law?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.3.70  sandy-2021492  replied to  Texan1211 @13.3.69    2 years ago

Abortion bans are such laws, as you are well aware.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.3.71  Texan1211  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.3.70    2 years ago

What federal law prohibits abortions?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.72  arkpdx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.3.68    2 years ago

And no law forces you to walk down the street, ride in a car or fly in an airplane. All involve risk. Do you avoid those too!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.3.73  sandy-2021492  replied to  Texan1211 @13.3.71    2 years ago
What federal law prohibits abortions?

Moving goalposts.  Why must such a law be federal?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.74  arkpdx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.3.70    2 years ago

Where are abortions banned out right certainly not by the federal government. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.3.75  Texan1211  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.3.73    2 years ago

Okay, which law prohibits abortions?

charger 383
Professor Silent
13.3.76  charger 383  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.59    2 years ago
      "the convenience of the mother "
what is wrong with convenience?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.3.77  sandy-2021492  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.72    2 years ago

Excellent point.  I am not forced by any law to do any of those things.  I engage in all of them by choice.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.78  arkpdx  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.74    2 years ago

At what point in a pregnancy would you ban abortion unless the life of the woman was medically at risk. And no being suicidal is not a medical risk. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.3.79  sandy-2021492  replied to  Texan1211 @13.3.75    2 years ago

If Roe is overturned, Texas has a "trigger law" in place that will ban all abortions, including those that are the result of rape or incest.

It is already a civil offense in Texas to have aid an abortion after 6 weeks, meaning that one can be sued for contributing to such an abortion.  There is no exception for rape or incest.

It also takes aim at the bill's novel means of enforcement: It allows private citizens to bring civil suits against anyone who helps a woman get an abortion, and to collect at least $10,000 in damages if they prevail in court. The department says the enforcement mechanism is really an unconstitutional attempt to sidestep judicial review to prevent women and providers from challenging the law in federal court.

But you already know this, and are sealioning.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.3.80  Gsquared  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.56    2 years ago
How come women have "reproductive rights" and men do not?

When you get pregnant you will have the same "reproductive rights" as a pregnant woman does. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.81  arkpdx  replied to  charger 383 @13.3.76    2 years ago

[deleted]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.3.82  sandy-2021492  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.81    2 years ago
So you would be ok if a mother killed her month old baby because taking care of it is just too inconvenient. How about a new born or a one year old. How old does a baby have to be for inconvenience is no longer an excuse?

There is no need to engage in false accusations or personal insults.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.83  arkpdx  replied to  Gsquared @13.3.80    2 years ago

If I ever get pregnant I won't have be worried about rights. I not only would be the only male to ever get pregnant but only the second person to ever have a baby without ever having sexual contact with a man. I will be rich beyond my dreams. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.84  arkpdx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.3.82    2 years ago

What false accusations or insults? There have been several women that have killed their children that were even older than what I mentioned because they were an inconvenience in their lives. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.3.85  sandy-2021492  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.84    2 years ago

Your entire comment was an insult, saying that charger would be ok with murder.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.3.86  Gsquared  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.83    2 years ago
If I ever get pregnant I won't have to be worried about rights.

Maybe not worried, but I bet you would be very concerned about protecting your rights -- movie rights, book rights, maybe merchandising rights.  You might also be interested in naming rights.  Think of the corporations competing to put their name on the baby.

Hallux
Masters Principal
13.3.87  Hallux  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.83    2 years ago

The Dancers at the End of Time would put you in a zoo.

charger 383
Professor Silent
13.3.88  charger 383  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.81    2 years ago

NO!, to your first question

for the second question, After they are here, out in the open and breathing they have arrived. Then, depending on circumstances, they are a joy and wanted (hopefully) or a problem or inconvenience but they are here and somebody has to take care of them and pay the bills.

And now a question to you, what is wrong with things being convenient and the woman living her life the way she wants to? 

charger 383
Professor Silent
13.3.89  charger 383  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.84    2 years ago

Yes, there are cases of women killing their children, I don't approve of that.  Maybe they should not been put in a bad situation where they would want to do that.  A legal abortion might have prevented that problem

charger 383
Professor Silent
13.3.90  charger 383  replied to  Gsquared @13.3.86    2 years ago

they might form a new religion if that happened, said charger laughingly 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.3.91  Sparty On  replied to  charger 383 @13.3.88    2 years ago
And now a question to you, what is wrong with things being convenient and the woman living her life the way she wants to? 

Philosophically because abortion is an abhorrent practice in all but the most extreme cases.    E.g. rape, incest, high risk of death to the mother, etc.    Rationalizing that abortion is okay, simply as a matter of convenience for the mother, is just evil IMO.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.92  arkpdx  replied to  charger 383 @13.3.89    2 years ago

Some of them killed them because it interfered with their dating 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.93  arkpdx  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.3.85    2 years ago

[deleted]

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.94  arkpdx  replied to  Gsquared @13.3.86    2 years ago

Looks like a fine income to me. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
13.3.95  charger 383  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.92    2 years ago

might have been better if they had a legal abortion,  

Unwanted children usually have a poor and unhappy childhood and these problems carry on into adulthood. Just does not seem to be a situation conducive to good results and a happy life. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
13.3.96  charger 383  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.93    2 years ago

So is a miscarriage or stillbirth then manslaughter?  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.97  arkpdx  replied to  charger 383 @13.3.96    2 years ago

No both of those are natural occurrences and involved no over actions. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.98  arkpdx  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.81    2 years ago

[deleted.

devangelical
Professor Principal
13.3.99  devangelical  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.78    2 years ago
And no being suicidal is not a medical risk.

I'm sure you feel the same way when it involves veterans.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13.3.100  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @13.3.99    2 years ago
I'm sure you feel the same way when it involves veterans.

What relationship to veterans do you see?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.3.101  Gsquared  replied to  charger 383 @13.3.90    2 years ago

They might.  With corporate sponsors!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.102  arkpdx  replied to  devangelical @13.3.99    2 years ago

Suicide is a mental disorder an abortion can neither cause or keep someone from committing it. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
13.3.103  charger 383  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.98    2 years ago
"I am trying to figure out when convenience ends. "

see  13.3.88    

charger 383
Professor Silent
13.3.104  charger 383  replied to  arkpdx @13.3.102    2 years ago

unwanted pregnancy has caused some woman  to commit suicide just as killing  already born children as was brought up in post 13.3.84.  both have happened unnecessarily 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.3.105  arkpdx  replied to  charger 383 @13.3.104    2 years ago

I guess that would be the ultimate abortion

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.106  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.3.53    2 years ago
The fetus's right to life does not supersede the mother's.

You mean when the life of the mother is at stake?  We are way past that argument. You're talking about abortion on demand.

Pregnancy and childbirth are 14 times more dangerous to a woman's life than abortion.

I don't know who Liz Raymond but she should have given us the name of the study so we could hear from all sides.  pub.Med.com?

If they  choose  to risk their lives to have a baby, that's their decision.

Really?  And how many abortions took place because the man in the relationship didn't want the baby?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3.107  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.47    2 years ago
That is not a red herring. But I will tell you this. Throughout my life, I have voted across party lines. Now, it will never happen again. This one freedom meant too much to me, and now it has been taken away from my daughters and niece, and my cousins. I will never count on a republican to represent my fundamental freedom.

You are a democrat now?   No more independent?

Oh, and btw, RBG really cared about women's rights and reproductive rights being part of that. That quote that you love to use, was of her concern that this could be the possible outcome.

Oh yes, she was a proponent of abortion. She was correct about the method used and the division that would follow.

But hey one too many conservative justices. 

Five of the seven Justices who wrongly decided Roe were appointed by Republican Presidents.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.3.108  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.106    2 years ago

The mother's life is always at stake, Vic.  That's my point.  Women during pregnancy are at increased risk of dying. Blood clots, heart attacks, strokes - the risks of all of them increase.  And the US has a high maternal mortality rate compared to other developed nations.

I'm sure there have been abortions because the father didn't want a child. I recall some Republican lawmakers' mistresses...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.3.109  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.107    2 years ago

You sound jealous. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.3.110  Sparty On  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.3.108    2 years ago
The mother's life is always at stake, Vic.

So is the babies.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.3.111  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @13.3.109    2 years ago

You sound angry.

Hallux
Masters Principal
13.3.112  Hallux  replied to  JohnRussell @13.3.109    2 years ago

Today the far right consider themselves to be independant centrists ... it's a shell game they play solo.

JBB
Professor Principal
13.3.113  JBB  replied to  Hallux @13.3.112    2 years ago

Best Quip!

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
13.3.114  MonsterMash  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.47    2 years ago
But I will tell you this. Throughout my life, I have voted across party lines. Now, it will never happen again. This one freedom meant too much to me, and now it has been taken away from my daughters and niece, and my cousins. I will never count on a republican to represent my fundamental freedom.

So, you're now a one issue voter vowing to never vote for another Republican. Time to stop claiming you're an independent, you're solidly in the Democratic camp.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
13.3.115  MonsterMash  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.107    2 years ago

That's correct, she isn't an independent any longer

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.116  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.3.107    2 years ago

I will never join a party. In local elections, I will vote for either party.

Oh yes, she was a proponent of abortion. She was correct about the method used and the division that would follow.

No, she was a proponent of choice. There is a big difference.

Five of the seven Justices who wrongly decided Roe were appointed by Republican Presidents.

I am aware of that. Maybe Republicans used to be a different breed?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.117  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  MonsterMash @13.3.115    2 years ago
So, you're now a one issue voter vowing to never vote for another Republican. Time to stop claiming you're an independent, you're solidly in the Democratic camp.
That's correct, she isn't an independent any longer

Wrong. I am not joining a party and will be voting as I always have in local elections. National ones are a whole different thing.

And no, I am not a one-issue voter. I see this as just the beginning of taking away rights of all kinds. The Gov of Miss now wants to go after types of birth control. What's next? Who we can marry? Privacy is part of our liberties enumerated in the Constitution, even if it is not specifically spelled out. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
13.3.118  TᵢG  replied to  MonsterMash @13.3.115    2 years ago

Do you think that an independent is necessarily not a member of a political party?    Perrie is not a member of a party but she certainly could be AND be independent.

In short, not all members of a political party let the party do their thinking for them.   There are independent Rs and independent Ds.   Think of it as  a critical thinker who has determined that one of the parties is better suited to their way of thinking.   But this individual will not necessarily vote straight party line nor will this individual presume that their party is always right and the other party is always wrong.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
13.3.119  MonsterMash  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.117    2 years ago
"But I will tell you this. Throughout my life, I have voted across party lines. Now, it will never happen again"

You can't spin your way out of your own words. If abortion goes to the states to decide, there's no way you would vote for a Republican representative because you say you can't trust Republicans to protect your basic rights.

Maybe you won't join a party, but you're about as much as an independent as Bernie Sanders claims to be always voting with the Democrats.

You can take off your independent mask now, you've exposed yourself. Are you ashamed of being a Democrat?  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
13.3.120  TᵢG  replied to  MonsterMash @13.3.119    2 years ago

I do not think you understand what a political independent is.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.121  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  MonsterMash @13.3.119    2 years ago

I know it is hard for partisans to understand, but I have no interest in parties, nor do I agree with Dems. 

That being said, if this is the trip that Republicans want to go to (and may I remind you they didn't always), then yes I will not vote for one who will go to Washington to represent me. On a state and local level, I will.

I am what I am. I am a disgusted idepenendent. I have people who represent this country who want to take away my rights to my body, and I feel this is only the beginning. When you can bring back the Republican Party of the past, we can talk. But I don't recognize this party. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
13.3.122  MonsterMash  replied to  TᵢG @13.3.120    2 years ago
I do not think you understand what a political independent is

I don't think you understood what Perrie said. I'm a conservative, but I do vote for Democrats at times. I don't let one issue sway my vote. Pierre said due to Republicans being opposed to abortion she'll never vote for a Republican again. That my friend isn't an independent no matter how hard you try to spin it. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.123  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  MonsterMash @13.3.122    2 years ago

I am very sure you have never voted for a Dem for President, while I have voted for Republican Presidents. And I didn't say I wouldn't vote for Republicans, just never on a national level. And no, it is not about just abortion, but that was the tipping point for me. 

Of course, you totally avoided the point I was trying to make, which is the Republican party is not the Republican party I knew. That is the problem.

Now please stop telling me what I am. It's rude, and actually, a violation since I am not the topic of this discussion.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
13.3.124  TᵢG  replied to  MonsterMash @13.3.122    2 years ago
I don't think you understood what Perrie said.

Then that is two things you are getting wrong.

I'm a conservative, but I do vote for Democrats at times. I don't let one issue sway my vote.

Then you might qualify as an independent.

Pierre said due to Republicans being opposed to abortion she'll never vote for a Republican again. That my friend isn't an independent no matter how hard you try to spin it. 

Have you ever made a statement of the form:  "I will never ..." but not really, truly mean 'never'?    Think this through.   If someone has a history of voting for Ds and Rs and then makes a statement as mentioned, do you really think that the individual has now suddenly transformed into a partisan and will now follow the party line rather than engage in critical thinking?   Or do you think that person who voted for Ds and Rs never really was independent (even though the voting record suggests so)?

Get real MM.  Perrie has told you that she is a political independent.   She knows her position better than anyone else.   Who do you think you are to, on such superficial grounds, tell Perrie to her face that she is lying?

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
13.3.125  MonsterMash  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.123    2 years ago
I am very sure you have never voted for a Dem for President

That makes you very wrong. Today's Democratic party is not the Democratic party I knew prior to 1996 nor is the Republican party prior to 2016.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
13.3.127  MonsterMash  replied to  TᵢG @13.3.124    2 years ago
tell Perrie to her face that she is lying?

I wouldn't do that; I believe Perrie thinks she's an independent.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.128  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  MonsterMash @13.3.125    2 years ago

I am unclear about your point.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.3.129  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  MonsterMash @13.3.127    2 years ago
I believe Perrie thinks she's an independent

I believe that is a very arrogant comment and worse, one that is meant to be demeaning.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
13.3.130  TᵢG  replied to  MonsterMash @13.3.127    2 years ago

I think we need to be clear on what it means to be an independent.

First, it does not matter if one belongs to a party. 

Second, a political independent is one who considers the factors of an issue and decides for themselves where they stand.     A political independent might factor in the position of a party but will NOT adopt the position simply because the party holds it.  

Stated differently, the difference between a political independent and a political dependent (a partisan) is that the former makes their own political decisions while the latter generally adopts the party line.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
13.3.131  mocowgirl  replied to  MonsterMash @13.3.125    2 years ago
Today's Democratic party is not the Democratic party I knew prior to 1996 nor is the Republican party prior to 2016.

I tend to agree with that.

I am disgusted enough with the current crop of candidates to quit voting until I can vote for a candidate instead of against a candidate.  

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
13.3.132  MonsterMash  replied to  mocowgirl @13.3.131    2 years ago
I am disgusted enough with the current crop of candidates to quit voting until I can vote for a candidate instead of against a candidate.  

The last presidential election I voted in was 2012. IMO neither of the four candidates in the last two elections were worth voting for. 

Ender
Professor Principal
13.3.133  Ender  replied to  MonsterMash @13.3.132    2 years ago

I don't care what anyone says. I liked Obama.

JBB
Professor Principal
13.3.134  JBB  replied to  mocowgirl @13.3.131    2 years ago

original

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.135  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @13.3.14    2 years ago
"then we will have patchwork and confusion on a very important issue"
EXACTLY.  This is the issue where we totally and completely agree.
IMHO - left up to the states - would be complete chaos - there are already 26 states, I believe, that have strict restrictions in place already.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.3.136  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.3.39    2 years ago
"Vic, I don't know what kind of women you have known, but of the few women that I know who had to have an abortion, it was early on, not done on a whim."

I get so tired of some folks acting like certain women are so casual about this, meaning Democratic/Liberal/Progressive/and even independent women, thinking women abort up to and including after delivery.  That we view it all as a mere inconvenience.  

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
13.3.137  mocowgirl  replied to  Ender @13.3.133    2 years ago
I don't care what anyone says. I liked Obama.

Me, too.  I voted for him twice.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Abbott considers reviving case challenging requirement to have illegal immigrants in public schools

Ug2HbpLu?format=jpg&name=small

Oh but wait a minute...Somebody here was just visiting Texas and somebody there told him that Abbott is an embarrassment. That was supposed to be a rebuttal.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Out in the White House Rose Garden, Biden begins his remarks commemorating Cinco de Mayo, a major Mexican holiday, by talking about... discrimination against the Irish.

Hallux
Masters Principal
15.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @15    2 years ago

Ah twitter news, what else you got?

Gee do you maybe think he brought up Ireland because they voted for overturning the ban on abortion.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @15.1    2 years ago
Gee do you maybe think he brought up Ireland because they voted for overturning the ban on abortion.

No.

He brought up the Irish facing discrimination because that is his ancestry. And he is stupid.

Hallux
Masters Principal
15.1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @15.1.1    2 years ago

Even the Washington Examiner ran a more truthful take than you. Quelle surprise!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @15.1.2    2 years ago

Aw shucks!  I'm not setting myself up to be the Washington Examiner. I only want to be J J Hunsecker

Hallux
Masters Principal
15.1.4  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @15.1.3    2 years ago

I am afraid you are stuck with being Sidney Falco.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @15.1.4    2 years ago

LOL!   That's is your best comeback to-date!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
15.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @15    2 years ago
Today, Cinco de Mayo is not that important in Mexico. They mainly celebrate it in the state of Puebla. In Mexico, they honor Independence Day on September 16, which is the nation’s most important national holiday.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @15.2    2 years ago

You may want to tell Joe.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
15.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @15.2.1    2 years ago

I didn't listen to his speech yesterday.. You're the one that said Cinco De Mayo is a major Mexican holiday. I merely pointed out that it is not

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @15.2.2    2 years ago
Cinco De Mayo is a major Mexican holiday.

Fair enough.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
15.3  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @15    2 years ago
a major Mexican holiday

I always thought Sinko de Mayo was a day of mourning.....

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
15.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Snuffy @15.3    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Good one

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
15.3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Snuffy @15.3    2 years ago

That's the day after...when you're suffering from that tequila hangover

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
16  sandy-2021492    2 years ago

Thread @6.1 locked for slap fighting.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Biden has given us two new agencies: we have a Disinformation Governance Board and now the Office of Environmental Justice!

charger 383
Professor Silent
17.1  charger 383  replied to  Vic Eldred @17    2 years ago

neither of which are needed and will just waste money and cause problems

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
18  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

I wonder if we are looking forward to a storming of the Supreme Court similar to the Jan 6 storming of the Capital Building.

devangelical
Professor Principal
18.1  devangelical  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @18    2 years ago

I'd keep a sharp lookout for thumpers wearing maga hats, knee pads, and bibs.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @18.1    2 years ago
I'd keep a sharp lookout for thumpers wearing maga hats, knee pads, and bibs.

I seriously doubt those people will be storming SCOTUS.

It is much more likely the ones doing any storming are wearing pink pussy hats and screaming at the sky.