Suspected Greenwood mall shooter was shot 8 times, none self-inflicted, coroner rules

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  magicschoolbusdropout  •  4 weeks ago  •  13 comments

By:   Sarah Nelson - Indianapolis Star

Suspected Greenwood mall shooter was shot 8 times, none self-inflicted, coroner rules
None of the gunshot wounds were self-inflicted.

The Good Samaritan was a Damn Good Pistol Shooter for sure. He didn't mess around !

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Johnson County Coroner's Office on Tuesday revealed the suspected Greenwood mall shooter was shot eight times.

None of the gunshot wounds were self-inflicted. 

The coroner's office released the preliminary autopsy results Tuesday.

'Senseless killings': Police release new details in Greenwood Park Mall shooting

Four people, including the suspected shooter, were confirmed dead Sunday night after a shooter opened fire in the mall's food court about 6 p.m. Two other people — a 12-year-old girl with a minor wound to her back and a woman in her 20s with a leg wound — were treated at an Indianapolis hospital, Greenwood Police Chief Jim Ison said.

The shooting ended quickly when an armed bystander from Seymour fired his pistol at the assailant, killing him.  The bystander, Elisjsha Dicken, is being praised as a hero . Greenwood Police Chief Jim Ison on Tuesday said the suspected shooter was stopped within 15 seconds.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout    4 weeks ago

8 Hits !

Wonder how many times he actually shot ?

Maybe he still had 7 more rounds left ?  High Capacity Magazine ?

squiggy
Sophomore Quiet
1.1  squiggy  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1    4 weeks ago

Ten is what I heard. Such is the 'lung blowout' power of a 9mm - about the lowest in stopping power anybody'd want. I don't know what round he fired.

Drinker of the Wry
Freshman Principal
1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1    4 weeks ago

He fired ten and hit his target 8 X and I read the distance was 40 yards.  Damn good shooting when the adrenalin is surging..

The shooter quit his job in May and had just gotten an eviction notice.  20 is young to have already failed at life.

gooseisback
Freshman Silent
1.2.1  gooseisback  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2    4 weeks ago
distance was 40 yards.  Damn good shooting

Excellent shooting, I'd like to know the pistol and the round, to get 8 out of 10 on target from that distance. If he shot everything it was a smaller pistol or a California model. 

Drinker of the Wry
Freshman Principal
1.2.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  gooseisback @1.2.1    4 weeks ago

I read a Glock, but don't know the caliber.  Perhaps he held with both hands in a crouch or braced his elbows on something.  Very clear thinking, must have previously rehearsed.  

Split Personality
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2    4 weeks ago

It also says he started at 40 yards and advanced from cover to cover cutting the distance.

I guess the real summary will come out eventually.

Tacos!
Professor Expert
1.3  Tacos!  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @1    4 weeks ago

Good thing he wasn’t limited to a musket.

squiggy
Sophomore Quiet
1.3.1  squiggy  replied to  Tacos! @1.3    4 weeks ago

EPA would have crucified him.

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1.3.2  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Tacos! @1.3    4 weeks ago
Good thing he wasn’t limited to a musket.

LOL !

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
1.3.3  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  squiggy @1.3.1    4 weeks ago
EPA would have crucified him.

Exactly !

Just imagine all the Pollution getting into the A/C system and choking everyone out. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2  Mark in Wyoming     4 weeks ago

294878821_607147820984913_5421283614964746926_n.jpg?stp=cp1_dst-jpg_p552x414&_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=1pbPRC0klRAAX-12Qwe&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=00_AT-u6OF9lk2Q8pBMnwy8MQoailxxNpGMJ-gumhjD-_Fj2g&oe=62DDDFF4

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @2    4 weeks ago

He shot 10 rounds , hit 8 times , thats an 80% hit rate , better than most cops can shoot , and i bet the 2 misses were from the 40 ft mark. Anyone else notice this all happened in the space of 15 secs or so?

When seconds count , the authorities are only mins away.

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Expert
2.1.1  seeder  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @2.1    4 weeks ago
When seconds count , the authorities are only mins away.