╌>

Discussions

Kristen Bell voices concern about message ‘Snow White’ sends to daughters

Kristen Bell voices concern about message ‘Snow White’ sends to daughters

Via: it-is-me  •  Now Trending  •  8 Comments  •  6 years ago

The 38-year-old actress appeared to worry about the message of consent, particularly what it means for her young girls Lincoln, 5, and Delta, 3. Bell, who reads to her daughters every night, also...
 William Shatner What I learned about life after a doctor told me I was going to die

William Shatner What I learned about life after a doctor told me I was going to die

Via: perrie-halpern  •  Now Trending  •  61 Comments  •  6 years ago

have lived a fortunate life. I, literally and proverbially, have been to the mountaintop. I have met the most extraordinary people and enjoyed the most amazing experiences. I have ridden horses...
New Mexico Sheriff Demands Answers, Calls FBI 'Chicken Shit' Over Handling of Mysterious Observatory Closure

New Mexico Sheriff Demands Answers, Calls FBI 'Chicken Shit' Over Handling of Mysterious Observatory Closure

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  1 Comments  •  6 years ago

Samat Jain ( Flickr ) When FBI agents told local law enforcement to “standby” after the closure and evacuation of the National Solar Observatory in Sunspot, New Mexico, on September 6,...
Salesforce billionaire Marc Benioff to buy Time magazine

Salesforce billionaire Marc Benioff to buy Time magazine

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  3 Comments  •  6 years ago

Time magazine is changing hands once again, nearly eight months after it was sold to US media group Meredith Corporation. The co-founder of Salesforce.com, Marc Benioff, and his wife are...
The compass spins between heaven and hell

The compass spins between heaven and hell

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  10 Comments  •  6 years ago

This is a lodestone, which is a magnetic rock and not a star.   Wikimedia photo by Teravolt Ezra Klein nicely sums up the strange, precarious place at which the United States has...
Should I be Concerned?

Should I be Concerned?

By: freewill  •  Now Trending  •  24 Comments  •  6 years ago

Found this in the fridge this morning.  Spouse was not entirely happy with me last night... something about becoming a "baseball widow", and then something ominous about missing Mass.  So my...
Americans own less stuff because of the internet, and that's a worry

Americans own less stuff because of the internet, and that's a worry

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Now Trending  •  4 Comments  •  6 years ago

Americans own less stuff because of the internet, and that's a worry The great American teenage dream used to be to own your own car. That is dwindling in favour of services such as Uber -...
Betsy DeVos’s summer home deserves a special place in McMansion Hell

Betsy DeVos’s summer home deserves a special place in McMansion Hell

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  187 Comments  •  6 years ago

Two weeks ago , somebody untied Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos’s $40 million yacht from its mooring . It got me thinking about another opulent display of wealth owned by DeVos: her...
Florida man, 72, tries to mow down neighbor with tractor during dispute, cops say

Florida man, 72, tries to mow down neighbor with tractor during dispute, cops say

Via: pj  •  Now Trending  •  1 Comments  •  6 years ago

Travis Fedschun 3 hrs agoA 72-year-old Florida man was arrested last month after he was caught on video chasing down his neighbor on a tractor during a dispute over property, police said. The St....
An Extraordinarily Expensive Way to Fight ISIS

An Extraordinarily Expensive Way to Fight ISIS

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  15 Comments  •  6 years ago

The B-2 stealth bomber is the world’s most exotic strategic aircraft , a subsonic flying wing meant to be difficult for air defenses to detect—whether by radar or other means—yet capable of...
Politicians Are Finally Learning To Never Underestimate Kim Kardashian

Politicians Are Finally Learning To Never Underestimate Kim Kardashian

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  4 Comments  •  6 years ago

The only people surprised by how well Kim played her hand with the president are the ones who haven't been paying attention. Steve Forbes and Kim Kardashian at the 2017 Forbes Women's...
A car crashed into a Little League game. The ‘brave’ man who died saving kids had a dark secret.

A car crashed into a Little League game. The ‘brave’ man who died saving kids had a dark secret.

Via: ender  •  Now Trending  •  12 Comments  •  6 years ago

Players scrambled and parents screamed as the maroon sedan ripped through the baseball field, infield dust flying into the Friday evening from under the car’s spinning tires. Spectators in the...
What's your 'expensive but worth it' item?

What's your 'expensive but worth it' item?

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Now Trending  •  147 Comments  •  6 years ago

What's your 'expensive but worth it' item? Even the savviest shopper will spring for that certain must-have item. By Mary Jo Dilinardo, May 31 2018, Mother Nature Network published June...
FOR (GUN) LOVERS ONLY

FOR (GUN) LOVERS ONLY

By: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Now Trending  •  145 Comments  •  6 years ago

FOR (GUN) LOVERS ONLY When I and my girlfriend were teenagers, we used to neck and pet in her basement rec room while listening to Jackie Gleeson's album "For Lovers Only".  My girlfriend's...
New policy for cheerleading team angers girls who made the squad

New policy for cheerleading team angers girls who made the squad

Via: jasper2529  •  Now Trending  •  115 Comments  •  6 years ago

Source A group of high school cheerleaders addressed officials at a board of education meeting in East Hanover Wednesday evening about their disappointment over a new policy for the team....
Contrast: A musical study of popular cultural opposition postions.

Contrast: A musical study of popular cultural opposition postions.

Via: larry-hampton  •  Now Trending  •  7 Comments  •  6 years ago

Two music videos that approach many of the same issues from differing perspectives.
Why Can't People Hear What Jordan Peterson Is Actually Saying?

Why Can't People Hear What Jordan Peterson Is Actually Saying?

Via: freewill  •  Now Trending  •  54 Comments  •  6 years ago

This is probably one of the better summaries of the now viral interview of Jordan Peterson by British “journalist” Cathy Newman. Her disgusting tactics stuck out to me like a sore thumb and I...
Watch Jordan Peele use AI to make Barack Obama deliver a PSA about fake news

Watch Jordan Peele use AI to make Barack Obama deliver a PSA about fake news

Via: larry-hampton  •  Now Trending  •  12 Comments  •  6 years ago

~LINK~
The pessimists might be right, social media may have plunged us into a new dark age

The pessimists might be right, social media may have plunged us into a new dark age

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Now Trending  •  15 Comments  •  6 years ago

The pessimists might be right, social media may have plunged us into a new dark age By Andrew Coyne, National Post Op/Ed, March 23 2018 Even as I write, I am conscious of a contrarian knee...
Happy St. Patrick's Day !

Happy St. Patrick's Day !

Via: johnrussell  •  Now Trending  •  31 Comments  •  6 years ago

Danny Boy - Frank Patterson The Irish are a tough bunch to pin down so how do you tell the reality from those brash stereotypes? GETTY IMAGES There are many myths told about the...
His Grandfather Was Born 228 Years Ago

His Grandfather Was Born 228 Years Ago

Via: johnrussell  •  Now Trending  •  13 Comments  •  6 years ago

It sounds crazy , but there is a man alive today whose grandfather was born in 1790, just one year after the US Constitution was ratified.  - John Tyler was the first vice president...
Mass shootings in the U.S.: When, where they have occurred in 2018

Mass shootings in the U.S.: When, where they have occurred in 2018

Via: hal-a-lujah  •  Now Trending  •  13 Comments  •  6 years ago

https://www.abc15.com/news/data/mass-shootings-in-the-us-when-where-they-have-occurred-in-2018 The number of mass shootings around the country in 2018 continues to climb. According to data...
Finding Root Cause in these Shootings

Finding Root Cause in these Shootings

By: livefreeordie  •  Now Trending  •  31 Comments  •  6 years ago

With this latest school shooting tragedy, I want to address this debate as both a minister and a citizen. The calls to ban semi-automatic firearms come from well meaning but dangerous emotionalism...
A televangelist’s flu-season advice: ‘Inoculate yourself with the word of God’

A televangelist’s flu-season advice: ‘Inoculate yourself with the word of God’

Via: larry-hampton  •  Now Trending  •  24 Comments  •  6 years ago

At least 53 children across the country have died during a nasty flu outbreak that is already  one of the worst on record , even though the season typically peaks in February. But Texas...
Nuts Over Nutella

Nuts Over Nutella

Via: johnrussell  •  Now Trending  •  10 Comments  •  6 years ago

France discounts Nutella and shoppers go nuts USA Today  · 16m Brawls broke out in French supermarkets on Thursday as shoppers scrambled to get their hands on discounted pots of...