╌>

Discussions

Nuts Over Nutella

Nuts Over Nutella

Via: johnrussell  •  Now Trending  •  10 Comments  •  6 years ago

France discounts Nutella and shoppers go nuts USA Today  · 16m Brawls broke out in French supermarkets on Thursday as shoppers scrambled to get their hands on discounted pots of...
How Payday Lenders Prey Upon the Poor — and the Courts Don’t Help

How Payday Lenders Prey Upon the Poor — and the Courts Don’t Help

Via: jwc2blue  •  Now Trending  •  4 Comments  •  6 years ago

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/magazine/how-payday-lenders-prey-upon-the-poor-and-the-courts-dont-help.html     Photo In 2003, Tonya Burke was living in North Carolina with...
A war of words on college campuses

A war of words on college campuses

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Now Trending  •  4 Comments  •  6 years ago

A war of words on college campuses CBS News, January 21, 2018 Free speech and debate are under fire at educational institutions, where students have protested controversial speakers on...
Henry Winkler in Berlin

Henry Winkler in Berlin

By: perrie-halpern  •  Now Trending  •  160 Comments  •  6 years ago

I have so often read on the article of NT comments about Nazis, that sometimes to me, it seems that people have grown numb to the horrors of the real Nazis. The real Nazis left devestion behind,...
I asked this guy what all his interests were...

I asked this guy what all his interests were...

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Now Trending  •  7 Comments  •  6 years ago

I asked this guy what all his interests were... ...and he told me: "Only politics and religion, especially if I see the words "Trump", "Atheist", "Conservative", "Christian", "Shit",...
Meritocracy is a ‘tool of whiteness,’ claims math professor

Meritocracy is a ‘tool of whiteness,’ claims math professor

Via: it-is-me  •  Now Trending  •  1 Comments  •  6 years ago

Rubel, who taught high school math for nine years before becoming a professor, argues that while meritocracy is commonly linked to hard work and talent, it also “functions as a tool of...
The Trumpy Bear

The Trumpy Bear

By: perrie-halpern  •  Now Trending  •  82 Comments  •  6 years ago

Last night I was watching TV, when a commercial came on for the "Trumpy Bear" My hubby and I watched the commercial incredulously. We couldn't figure out if the Bear was a joke that was meant as a...
Western feminists ignore Iran and boycott Israel

Western feminists ignore Iran and boycott Israel

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Now Trending  •  3 Comments  •  6 years ago

Western feminists ignore Iran and boycott Israel Iranian young women are ignored by their Western sisters in their struggle against the dictatorship. Giulio Meotti, Aruz Sheva, 04/01/18 The most...
From Berkeley To Europe: The Normalization Of Anti-Semitism

From Berkeley To Europe: The Normalization Of Anti-Semitism

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Now Trending  •  4 Comments  •  6 years ago

From Berkeley To Europe: The Normalization Of Anti-Semitism By Abraham Miller, THE DAILY WIRE  January 4 2018 When French lawyer Alexis Dubruel attempted to disqualify jurist Albert...
"S*** Bandit" Strikes Hillcrest

"S*** Bandit" Strikes Hillcrest

Via: trout-giggles  •  Now Trending  •  3 Comments  •  6 years ago

link LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- A Hillcrest homeowner is calling on police after catching a jogger defecating in her driveway. Tiffany Mattzela had barely set off for breakfast last Saturday...
Urbanism Twofer: Globalization and the Fate of Small cities

Urbanism Twofer: Globalization and the Fate of Small cities

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  4 Comments  •  7 years ago

What Happens When the Richest U.S. Cities Turn to the World? As the economy has changed, so have the relationships between places, to the disadvantage of smaller cities and rural areas....
Coyotes Are Colonizing Cities. Step Forward the Urban Hunter.

Coyotes Are Colonizing Cities. Step Forward the Urban Hunter.

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  79 Comments  •  7 years ago

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Dennis Murphy sniffed the bobcat urine he uses to lure his prey. He checked the silencer on his AR-15 assault rifle and loaded a few snares into his Ford pickup. “Let’s go...
American Dream Denied

American Dream Denied

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  1 Comments  •  7 years ago

For thousands in Dallas, hard work isn't enough to escape poverty America is supposed to offer the promise of upward mobility for those willing to put in the labor. So why are nearly...
Major Headline on Front Page: Winter storm sweeps across Midwest toward New England, promising Christmas snow

Major Headline on Front Page: Winter storm sweeps across Midwest toward New England, promising Christmas snow

By: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Now Trending  •  12 Comments  •  7 years ago

Headline on Front Page:  Winter storm sweeps across Midwest toward New England, promising Christmas snow How can such a headline be published these days?  It's BOUND to offend some people, make...
Why people really want to move to Idaho but are fleeing its neighbor, Wyoming

Why people really want to move to Idaho but are fleeing its neighbor, Wyoming

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  4 Comments  •  7 years ago

Idaho is the fastest-growing state in the union. Half of its neighbors are in the top five. All but one are in the top 13. The “but one” is Wyoming. It’s dead last. 51st out of a possible...
HERE’S A NEW ONE: A HOTEL CHARGED A GUEST OVER A BAD REVIEW

HERE’S A NEW ONE: A HOTEL CHARGED A GUEST OVER A BAD REVIEW

Via: larry-hampton  •  Now Trending  •  4 Comments  •  7 years ago

Here's one I've never heard of before. An Indiana woman received a $350 hotel charge on her credit card because she wrote a negative review of the place online. She's also been threatened with...
Angels We Have Heard On High

Angels We Have Heard On High

Via: johnrussell  •  Now Trending  •  3 Comments  •  7 years ago

Federal Court Strikes Down Ban on ‘Scandalous’ Trademarks

Federal Court Strikes Down Ban on ‘Scandalous’ Trademarks

Via: bob-nelson  •  Now Trending  •  3 Comments  •  7 years ago

The saga started with a clothing company called, ahem, “Fuct.” Erik Brunetti, the brand’s founder, sought to obtain a trademark for the name in 2011. But the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office...
Internet & computer problems? Misunderstandings in communications? Traffic delays? Its-- Mercury retrograde again! (ASTROLOGY? - OMG!!!)

Internet & computer problems? Misunderstandings in communications? Traffic delays? Its-- Mercury retrograde again! (ASTROLOGY? - OMG!!!)

By: krishna  •  Now Trending  •  20 Comments  •  7 years ago

The Roman god Mercury (Fandom). There is an Astrological  phenomenon called "Mercury Retrograde" that happens three or four times a year for a short...
Virginia Woman Mauled To Death By Her Own Dogs During Walk In Woods, Sheriff Says

Virginia Woman Mauled To Death By Her Own Dogs During Walk In Woods, Sheriff Says

Via: johnrussell  •  Now Trending  •  8 Comments  •  7 years ago

Victim is 22 year old Bethany Stephens. Sheriff says victim was petite. Dogs were 100-120 pounds. As was her habit, 22-year-old Bethany Stephens took her dogs for a walk in the woods...
Holiday Music (add your favorite music video for the season)

Holiday Music (add your favorite music video for the season)

By: johnrussell  •  Now Trending  •  67 Comments  •  7 years ago

add your favorite music video for the holidays
France’s bonkers phone ban for students actually makes sense

France’s bonkers phone ban for students actually makes sense

This is a tricky one from the get-go, but bear with me: France is set to bar students aged six to 15 from using phones in schools, from the start of the next school year in September 2018. And...
‘WESTERN CHRISTIANITY IN DENIAL ABOUT RADICAL ISLAM’

‘WESTERN CHRISTIANITY IN DENIAL ABOUT RADICAL ISLAM’

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  Now Trending  •  8 Comments  •  7 years ago

‘WESTERN CHRISTIANITY IN DENIAL ABOUT RADICAL ISLAM’ BY BENJAMIN GLATT, Jerusalem Post, NOVEMBER 23, 2017 First Eastern Christianity was destroyed. Now it’s Europe’s turn, according to...
What's Down with Inflation? ... Green Rules apply

What's Down with Inflation? ... Green Rules apply

After eight years of economic recovery, inflation remains below the FOMC’s target. Dissecting the underlying price data by spending category reveals that low inflation largely reflects prices...
Jerome Powell, the Fed Chair Nominee, Sees Continuity if Confirmed ... Green Rules apply

Jerome Powell, the Fed Chair Nominee, Sees Continuity if Confirmed ... Green Rules apply

Jerome H. Powell, nominated by President Trump to lead the Federal Reserve, presented himself as a pragmatic moderate who would largely continue the Fed’s current policies at a confirmation...