╌>

Welcome Newbies

Category:  meta

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  7 years ago  •  90 comments

Welcome Newbies

Hi Everyone,

Well, last 3 day have caught me by surprise and I wasn't quite prepared for the sudden influx of Newsviners. First I would like to say that I am sorry for the loss of your home. I know for many, it is not just the loss of your home, but you are all concerned for the relationships you have made there. I know this, because I have been there myself, so I truly get it. 

That being said, I wanted to provide a place where you could ask questions, and talk among yourselves and get to know one another. Finding your footing on a new site is always difficult and I would like to make it as easy as possible. 

Please note, I will be moderating this article very carefully. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing. Nasty comments about each other, or about NV or NT will be removed. I would like this to be a positive article. 

Have fun and I will be checking in regularly to answer any questions. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing    7 years ago

Many of us current members of NT were once members of NV, and some still have accounts there. Some of the names of the new members I remember from NV, and I am happy to see them here on NT so that I can renew our acquaintance. Others are folks I do not remember or did not know when at NV, and some may have new user names here on NT. I am really looking forward to meeting the new members and hope they enjoy their time here on NT. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Raven I am in the same boat as you! Trying to get to know everyone..

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

It's been a longtime since I left NV, and since I have changed my user name here on NT, some of those I knew over there may not know who I am now. But, we will all get to know each other in time. It's sort of like moving into a new neighborhood, you eventually learn about your new neighbors. (smile)

If you need any help with something to help the new members adjust to the format just let me know. I'm glad to help if I can. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Thanks Raven!! I'll keep that in mind!

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
link   mocowgirl    7 years ago

Thank you, Perrie, for putting out the welcome mat.

I've lurked somewhat over the years because I missed my NV friends and just wanted to know how they were doing.

I will still probably lurk more than comment because I have so many commitments/interests offline than I had a few years ago, but I am happy to be here when I can be.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  mocowgirl   7 years ago

Very glad to see you here with us again mocowgirl. You have been missed! (smile)

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
link   mocowgirl  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Thank you.  

It is difficult to believe the years that have passed since the format change.  So many people have come and gone over the years.  I have learned to appreciate and cherish the good memories (that I can remember) and live in the present as much as possible.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Over on NV my user name was Tink, and my avatar was a smiling sunshine. When I came to NT, folks here were far more tolerant of Native Americans, so I changed my user name and avatar to reflect my personal heritage Cherokee name. So those who might have know who I was on NV likely would not know who I am now. (smile)

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Dear Friend Raven Wing: By any name, you brighten the day of everyone you meet.

Enoch.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

Very True!!!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Thank you, dear Friend Dowser. I am very grateful that we are good Friends and enjoy working with you. (smile) 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Love you, RW!

Big hugs

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

Thank you for your very kind words dear Friend Enoch. You are truly one of the greatest assets of NT. Your esteemed wisdom and delightful humor brings so much to us all. I am truly grateful to not only be your Friend, but, your most humble writing partner. 

Many Blessings and good health to you and yours. (smile)

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Dear Friend Raven Wing: It is and always will be a distinct honor and pleasure to be your writing partner.

E.

John Galt 1147
Freshman Silent
link   John Galt 1147  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

@Raven-Wing   Thank you for the friend acceptance. I appreciate. As I said last night, we are all connected. We are one with the universe, we are stardust...

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  John Galt 1147   7 years ago

So very true, John. And I am grateful and honored to be your Friend. 

nv-wa-do-hi-ya-dv (Peace)

John Galt 1147
Freshman Silent
link   John Galt 1147  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

" And I am grateful and honored to be your Friend." 

And I am honored also. Thank you again. 

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
link   mocowgirl  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Raven Wing,

I do not remember if I knew you were Cherokee before now.  In any case, I am honored to be your friend.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Thank you for your very kind words, mocowgirl. I am very honored to be you Friend as well. I remember having very interesting and enlightening conversations with you on NV and very glad to see you have now made NT your new home. 

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  mocowgirl   7 years ago

Dear Freind Mocowgirl: Welcome. Warmly so.

Every place you grace is better for you being you.

Enoch.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
link   mocowgirl  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

Dearest Enoch.  You are one of the kindest people I have ever met online and probably one of the wisest in the ways of mankind.

It is always a pleasure when our paths cross.

And I have no choice except to be me.  No one else wants the job.  

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  mocowgirl   7 years ago

Dear Friend Mocowgirl: Who better to be you than you?

Your warmth, humanity, kindness, wisdom, and gentleness makes you a role model to one and all.

Welcome. You are most welcome here.

Peace and Abundant Blessings Always to You and Yours.

Enoch.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
link   mocowgirl  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

Dearest Enoch,

Thank you.   Peace and Blessings to you and yours, also.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  mocowgirl   7 years ago

Hi Mooncow gril, 

Sure I remember you! The way I see it, is we have friends.. some we see everyday and others we might not see for years, but when we meet again, it's like we just pick up where we left off. That is how I feel about you. Always a pleasure to chat with. So easy breezy. Welcome again, and come by whenever you can. 

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
link   mocowgirl  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

((((Perrie))))

I try to take the long range view that all things pass and life should considered a gift to be enjoyed instead of a burden to be endured.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51    7 years ago

There is a group here called Newsvine refugees.  It could support those making the change now.  I went there when I first came here from Newsvine.  

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Dear Friend XXJefferson#51: Great suggestion.

Well done.

Peace and Abundant Blessings.

Enoch.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

Here are some articles I've put up to help our new members!  More to come, too!  Perrie, I hope you don't mind me putting links here...

Helpful Hints to our New Members

How to Track an Article

Need or Want a New Avatar?

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Dear Friend Dowser: Here s a similar list I was thinking of putting up for the same purpose.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck?

Peter Piper Picked a Pack of Pickled Peppers.

Why is the Sky Blue?

Is it a Breathe Mint, or a Candy Mint?

At the eleventh hour, I decided to forego things

Best others use your list.

Well done!

Enoch.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

HAHAHAHA!  I like wood chucks, in all honesty!  thumbs up

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Thanks Doswer again. Those are really helpful articles! Raven has done one two on sizing photo embeds. You are my two techy girls!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

I think Buzz will be soon posting a very simple explanation of how to insert pictures into the comment windows in various places to help the newcomers as well. We want to make the transition to the new format as friendly as possible for them. (smile) 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

You beat me to it.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

And your recent response to the question by a new member of the Dog Days group was also very helpful. What is easy for one person to understand may not be so for another, and different techniques are always welcome. So I am posting your explanation as well as it may help others as well. 

By Buzz of the Orient: 

"Above the window you open, you will see on the 3rd row of icons what looks like a square bit of film strip next to the smiley.  Click on it and it will take you to a new window where you should click on "Upload an Image". That will open another window that has 4 items to choose - the first one is "size" (I usually choose 512). The next one is "position" (if what you post is smaller, you could put pictures right and left, but at 512 they are too big so I choose "normal".  Next is "margin" and I choose "none". Then you click on the last one and it will open your images or whatever location you choose at the top of that window.  When you have chosen the image, just click on it twice and it will take a little time to load, then it will appear on your original window.  If you then click on it, it will show little squares on each corner and you can use them to adjust the size of the photo as it will show on your original window.  You will find that you have to probably lessen the size leaving a fair margin on the right, or it will run off the page when you finally click  to post it.

That's the best explanation I can give.  It may take a little experimentation to get it absolutely right."

Buzz....I still think you should post this as an article as well so it will stay around for a while and be a good reference to other new members.  (smile)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Okay. Done. It's on the Front Page.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Thank you, Buzz. I am sure that many others will find your article very helpful. Well done! 

katlin02
Freshman Silent
link   katlin02    7 years ago

thanks to all of you--i was a member here many yrs ago but did not remain active. Your warm welcome has made this an easy transition for me. thank you all..

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  katlin02   7 years ago

Glad that you feel that way! 

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA    7 years ago

If any of the people who had (or still has) one of these screen names over on NV has now come over here, would they please contact me as soon as possible.

Kearney Outlaw.
Grisham
Mighty J
The Opposition
Mongowildman
SavickConn
Scar Tissue
Fletch 495299
Joeiraqi
Mstanley 2265
Borehead 007
Circled Thrice
Remote Viewer
JustJames
America Republic

Repojam
Freshman Silent
link   Repojam    7 years ago

Thank you Perrie for putting down a welcome mat.

I'll peek around and see what happens.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Repojam   7 years ago

Welcome to NT!  I hope you enjoy the site!

chess cat
Professor Silent
link   chess cat    7 years ago

Waving hi!  Seeing some familiar handles here.  Nice!

cheers!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  chess cat   7 years ago

Welcome to NT!!  Glad you're here!

John Galt 1147
Freshman Silent
link   John Galt 1147  replied to  chess cat   7 years ago

Waving hi!  Seeing some familiar handles here.  Nice!

cheers!

J. waves👋 back to chess 🐱

Cheferic13
Freshman Silent
link   Cheferic13    7 years ago

Greetings, all. This is going to take some getting used to coming from NV.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Cheferic13   7 years ago

Greetings to you, Cheferic, welcome to NT. There are many of us here who will be most happy to help with any adjustment questions you may have about the new format and features. All you need to is ask.

There are several help articles posted on the FP that help to explain how some features work, and don't hesitate to ask questions about anything you don't understand or need assistance with while getting used to the site. (smile)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago
Hello ChefEric! Welcome to NewsTalkers! I believe we were friends/ in common nations over on the vine.  I'm Cornhusker4palin over there.  

4thDown
Freshman Silent
link   4thDown    7 years ago

I cautiously wade into this discussion, and let everyone here know that if my comments are of no value, I stand willing to be banished to the hinterlands.  Thanks for the chance to be here.

Darn....I was 4thDown on newsvine....I guess I just outed myself.  lol.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  4thDown   7 years ago

Welcome Robert (4thDown). I was Tink on NV for many years, but, I have a new username here on NT. No matter what name we go by, we are who we are and our true selves will shine though. Glad to see you here. (smile)

4thDown
Freshman Silent
link   4thDown    7 years ago

Thank you for the welcome. hope I can add some value to the discussion.  (smile back at you).

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  4thDown   7 years ago

I am sure you will, and I look forward to many interesting and informative discussions with you. 

Ender
Professor Principal
link   Ender    7 years ago

Hi all. Wading into the water. Newsvine was my home for many years. Kind of weird to venture out. Some have quit social media so will not be venturing out, others are trying different places.

Odd that we tend to like the familiar. Thanks for being welcoming. :)

Not use to having emoticons...

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Ender   7 years ago

Welcome...and hold on tight. Laugh

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Ender   7 years ago

Hi Ender, and welcome to NT. I'm a former NV'er myself, but, have been here on NT for a few years now. I hope you will enjoy NT as must of us here do. thumbs up

Ender
Professor Principal
link   Ender  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Hi Raven. Sorry I didn't reply earlier. This is new to me, as well as other sites. Thank you for your welcome. I have just been on NV since 2010. It is hard for me to transition to other places. I am used to NV being a left leaning site and what people tell me, this is a right leaning site. not sure I could keep my cool in that instance.

Ender
Professor Principal
link   Ender  replied to  Ender   7 years ago

Crap, I think I upvoted myself. Never done that before. sorry. Also I know most of the right leaning people here and I don't know that I would be able to control myself. I have seen so many hateful things by people that have become members that it is hard to forget and move on.

I also don't know if I can cuss. I tend to have a bad mouth.

Transition is upon, whatever I decide.

Ender
Professor Principal

I will also say that some people that have joined will only talk to themselves and edit other people from their convos. I guess if people want private echo chambers here, it will be ideal. One I know is here that said will only speak to like minded people.

One thing I liked about NV is that even if people had private convos, it was there for everyone to see. I don't like private groups that can just make fun of whoever they want. I like things out in the open. At least NV had that.

Here it seems to be private groups that can do and say what they want without input from the community.

I never liked private groups on the original NV and I don't like them now. IMO If one has something to say, it should be able to be seen by everyone.

Ender
Professor Principal

Edit, What I gather is this site is basically private groups that talk to themselves. No offense to Perrie and all, I am just upset. It is not what I want, neither are other sites.

I am just sad and lost without a home.

Ender
Professor Principal

Edit, What I gather is this site is basically private groups that talk to themselves. No offense to Perrie and all, I am just upset. It is not what I want, neither are other sites.

I am just sad and lost, without a home.

Ender
Professor Principal

Well, bubblegum makes me feel welcome. :)

Ender
Professor Principal

Time to try minds.com

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Ender, no worries on responding at a later time, I've been guilty of that at times myself when things get hectic. (smile)

I don't normally post to the articles on the FP other than those I know I will find comity and civility. Even if there are differences of opinion, belief or thought, it is done with resorting to demeaning, derogatory or name calling. Grant you they are few, but, they are often here. They are not meant to incite divisiveness or hostility as some here deliberately post, but, prefer a civil and respectful discussion of the topic between those who are adult enough to be able to carry on a discussion without devolving into backstreet behavior.

I have only been posting to articles on the FP more now in order to meet the newcomers from NV, like yourself, to reunite with Friends I had there and those I didn't, and make them feel welcome here on NT, and in the hopes of making new Friends. 

Not all groups here are private, and those that are, are private in order to make sure that the group is not subjected to the deliberate hostility and disharmony that some like to create even in groups that are totally of no interest to them. If you look through the list of groups you will find there are many different subjects that might interest you, and if not, then start your own group. Perrie can help you with how to do so if you choose to do so.

I hope that before you leave NT you will spend a bit more time to get to know us better. While NT does tend to have more right leaning members, we do need more left leaning, independent and non-political members to balance out the discussions. I myself am non-political, I am not affiliated with any political party, but, I listen and share my view with an open mind and heart, and can honestly say that I always learn something from the discussions of others as well, which broadens my understanding and tolerance of the world around me.  And I am sure there are others here who feel the same.

You and your opinions, beliefs and thoughts are very welcome here, and I hope you will share them with us. So please think twice before giving up on us. (smile)

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

This part of my comment to Ender above "Even if there are differences of opinion, belief or thought, it is done with resorting to demeaning, derogatory or name calling."

should read "without' resorting to demeaning, derogatory comments or name calling."

I hope this clarifies my typing errors.  

Ender
Professor Principal

You are correct and thanks for being so welcoming. I guess the stress of losing my home just got to me. I will give it at shot and be civil. Thanks again.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Dear Ender, I am profoundly sorry to hear that you lost your home. Words alone cannot express my heartfelt sorrow. Having experienced losing my own home at one time during my life I can fully understand the pain and frustration you may be feeling. 

I am so very pleased that you are still willing to give NT and it's members a chance to get to know one another and engage in productive and meaningful discussions together.

I am sending you a Friend request, and I would be most pleased and honored if you would accept my Friendship. (smile)

Ender
Professor Principal

Thanks Raven. I should have been clear that I meant my online home, yet I have lost a real home in the past. I actually have not been posting anywhere lately. Oddly enough. It is almost like if I ignore it, it will be ok. Regardless, the time is coming fast. That you for the friend request and I hope you will still want me as a friend.

It is almost like I have gone through the stages of grief about losing NV and now I am finally at acceptance.

You are a wonderful voice for this site.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide

Dear Ender, thank you for accepting my invitation and your very kind words. Friends may not always agree on all things, but, real Friendship means being able to voice your differences and still remain Friends. (smile)

And I can sympathize with you about losing your on-line 'home' as well. I have also had that experience and it is like losing a home and family after so long a time. While some of us members kept in touch by email for a while, we slowly drifted apart and found new homes and Friends. But, it was sad none the less. 

John Galt 1147
Freshman Silent
link   John Galt 1147  replied to  Ender   7 years ago

link   09/02/17 04:53:52AM  @Ender :

Time to try minds.com

Hi Ender, I'm there. and a few google sites other viners have started, It's nice to have access to many viners no matter their interests or politics. Each site has a learning curve, but pretty much anything can be private if you make it. We have email, we have chat. They all have something to offer and some things you may not like, but they all have viners. 

I came here because many of my older friends from the vine had left when the change occurred. I always knew I would join. I hope you give it some time here. Perrie has really created a very nice site. thumbs up  

Ender
Professor Principal
link   Ender  replied to  John Galt 1147   7 years ago

She has. I know some do not like it but what can you do. It is like people being scattered around. I am glad to be here because of people like you.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Ender   7 years ago

Dear Friend Ender: I am available for confidential Pastoral care via the news talkers private notes, then private personal email.

Peace and Abundant Blessings in This, Your New Home.

Enoch.

Ender
Professor Principal
link   Ender  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

Thank you Enoch. You are always an inspiration. I missed you on the vine yet I am glad to still be able to find you.

John Galt 1147
Freshman Silent

link   08/16/17 03:38:52AM  @Ender :

Hi all. Wading into the water. Newsvine was my home for many years. Kind of weird to venture out. Some have quit social media so will not be venturing out, others are trying different places.

Wading is fun DDIBI. (I won't keep referring to that, but it is how I remember you. Richard O'brien (RR) said it well. 

Not used to having emoticons...

They are fun/interesting on this site.  Wait till you see what you can do with video, your own pics and anything off the internet. Image result for who wrote 'dont dream it be it'   I think you will find the instant chat down in the right corner interesting and fun also.  oh and another thing, You can hover over a comment you made and be able to edit it with the gear icon or delete it with the trash bucket. 

Ender
Professor Principal
link   Ender  replied to  John Galt 1147   7 years ago

I won't keep referring to that, but it is how I remember you

Haaha.  Not a problem John. It doesn't bother me. I did use the chat once. I am just so use to my tracker. That is the one thing that is hard to get use to on other sites. I did notice that it sends in email.

John Galt 1147
Freshman Silent

Ender

Haaha.  Not a problem John. It doesn't bother me. I did use the chat once. I am just so use to my tracker. That is the one thing that is hard to get use to on other sites. I did notice that it sends in email.

If you would rather it stays here instead of filling up your email box, you can change notifications in your account settings found at the top right by hovering over your name. Then it will come as private note.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
link   It Is ME    7 years ago

I was told this was the place to be, so here I am.

Here's to hope ?

it is a bit confusing though. If someone comments on something I commented on, will I know it ?

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  It Is ME   7 years ago

Yes!  Welcome!

You have to go to your settings page, under notifications,  Hover your mouse over your name and click settings.  Under notifications, you'll see options for notifications-- I set mine to Private note.  That way, it doesn't clog up your email...

Good luck!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
link   It Is ME  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

THANKS !

I will give it a whirl. :-)

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
link   321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     7 years ago

Aww the death of NV.

Slow but sure ?

I also am new here, I  have had duel accounts for a few weeks, and I also expect many more new members here as NV fades into history as well. 

From what I have seen this is a much friendlier...softer vine that NV was. To me that is taking a little adjusting. "But I'm trying real hard, ringo" 

For years NV had been a softer vine as well. About the time trump made being an as .wipe popular it went nasty. It turned into a constant one upmanship contest. I adapted and got used to it. Learning to even enjoy it do a degree. 

Coming here.... well  I hold my tongue many times and don't say anything cause my current style isn't really conducive to this site.  

However, I am adapting and hope to keep returning and enjoying newstalkers for years. 

Thank you for the welcome Perrie and others !

Also thanks to all who created this site and maintains it.

Neetu2
Freshman Silent
link   Neetu2    7 years ago

Hmmmm, I have lost touch with NV although I still have a column there which I haven't updated in years. I must know some of you! Other than the articles I have there, which I will no doubt lose, I don't miss it. Feel free to send me a friend request, if you know me, or if you don't, would like to. (Have to warn you, though, that I am seldom about and do not discuss politics). For some reason Perrie changed my name to Neetu2 but I am the only Neetu either way, 2, 3 or 4. 

Welcome to NT. :)

John Galt 1147
Freshman Silent
link   John Galt 1147  replied to  Neetu2   7 years ago

@Neetu2 :     Other than the articles I have there, which I will no doubt lose,

You can retrieve them. If you want to, Leb can guide you in that direction. 

Neetu2
Freshman Silent
link   Neetu2  replied to  John Galt 1147   7 years ago

Oh, Lebowsky? Wow, I had no idea! Thank you, John!!!

John Galt 1147
Freshman Silent
link   John Galt 1147    7 years ago

link   08/27/17 11:13:43PM  @Neetu2 :

Oh, Lebowsky? Wow, I had no idea! Thank you, John!!!

Leb is here , and on the vine .   Mark's article with instructions

Neetu2
Freshman Silent

Thank you so much, John!

John Galt 1147
Freshman Silent
link   John Galt 1147  replied to  Neetu2   7 years ago

link   08/29/17 02:12:31PM  @Neetu2 :

Thank you so much, John!

You are welcome Neetu2. You could ask him on the balloon or contact thru NV or ask Perrie to send an email from here on private notes. Good Luck. Only approx. one month left. 

Neetu2
Freshman Silent

I will, John. Thanks!

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!    7 years ago

I want to say something positive, so I will say that I believe Perrie is the heart and soul of this site, and as long as she is here new members have a chance to find a home here.  She has been very helpful to me and very patient with me as I have stumbled forward.  Thank you Perrie!

I don't really know any of the rest of you, but I'm getting to know some as I have been on this site for a few weeks now.  I have met some of the regulars here, and some of the new people migrating from Newsvine.  Most seem to be really stand-up people, and I'm happy to meet you.  I am happy to be among you.

Although, some of the regulars or old-timers, have made the point of stating that they can't wait until October 1st "when the gloves come off" whatever that means.  Oddly, those who have made such statements are not among the regulars/old timers here offering warm welcomes.  I have my suspicions as to why they are not here.

I don't know about any of the rest of you, but I am here for one purpose only.  The discuss, debate and learn from others who may not share the same POV as me.  I'm not here to insult anyone, and I don't really think I have, but I've already been accused of that many times.  (Oh well!  What the hell!)  Sometimes, I guess, no matter how you word things, you just can't please everyone.  Perrie has been really helpful to me in learning this site and learning how to better phrase things.

My advice to all:  If you have any questions at all, ask Perrie.  I honestly and truly believe she is here to help us all.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Squirrel!   7 years ago

"Perrie is the heart and soul of this site, "

Very well said, and very true, Squirrel. She provides us all with a place to come and meet with other members and discuss, debate and converse on many various topics. All she asks from the members is that we treat one another with respect, dignity, comity and tolerance, and follow the CofC so that everyone has a peaceful and enjoyable visit here.

We may all have varying views, opinions and beliefs regarding the topics posted here on the site, but, we should all be adults and as such should be capable of voicing our different thoughts and beliefs in a civil and respectful manner with other members. And no one here is expected to be anyone's whipping post or be bullied by anyone.

Those of us who truly appreciate Perrie and all she does and represents here do our best to help her make NT a successful site that can be enjoyed by all who come here. That is her goal, and ours. (smile)