Labor Secretary Acosta is out

Via:  mrfrost  •  5 days ago  •  132 comments

Labor Secretary Acosta is out
“He’s done a fantastic job. He’s a friend of everybody in the administration," Trump said.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Trump spoke alongside Alex Acosta moments ago.

“He’s done a fantastic job. He’s a friend of everybody in the administration," Trump said.

The President addressed how Acosta handled a plea deal with millionaire Jeffrey Epstein year's ago. (Epstein's indictment this week has renewed fury over it.)

“He made a deal that people were happy with, and then 12 years later they’re not happy with it. You’ll have to figure all of that out. But the fact is, he has been a fantastic secretary of labor," Trump said.

The President continued:

“But I just want to let you know, this was him, not me, because I’m with him. He was —he’s a tremendous talent, he’s a Hispanic man. He went to Harvard, a great student. And in so many ways I just hate what he’s saying now, because we’re going to miss him. ”

A senior White House official said President Trump was stewing over Labor Secretary Alex Acosta’s fate yesterday as he and aides worried about the steady stream of revelations in the Jeffrey Epstein case.

“There would just continue to be disclosures,” the official said. “There would be questions in this town and on the trail,” the official added noting how the Epstein-Acosta story was now fodder for the 2020 Democratic field.

“What did he know and when did he know it?” this official asked.

The official went on to emphasize that Acosta was not popular within the White House to begin with, given the grumblings over his perceived lack of enthusiasm for the President’s deregulatory agenda.

“Your well of support is not going to be deep if you’re not going to support the President’s agenda,” the official added.

Rep. Elijah Cummings, chairman of Oversight and Reform Committee, said Alex Acosta "did the right thing" by stepping down as labor secretary.

Here's what he told CNN just now:

"Acosta did the right thing. The way he addressed the Epstein case and the way he treated these young ladies is extremely unfortunate. I'm hopeful the President appoints someone who will be sensitive to women in workplace and do all tings people need done for them in the Department of Labor. That is so important. But I think he did right thing."

Some context: Throughout this week, Acosta maintained he secured the best deal he could when he helped prosecute financier Jeffrey Epstein for sex crimes a decade ago, but acknowledged the terms look lenient with the passage of time.

Still, Acosta stopped short of apologizing for — or even saying that he regretted — his actions, which have come under renewed scrutiny after Epstein was indicted on fresh sex trafficking charges this week.

Article is Locked

Find text within the comments Find 

MrFrost
1  seeder  MrFrost    5 days ago

AG Barr and trump need to resign as well. Acosta gave trumps little buddy the pedophile a pass in the legal system and trump says what a great guy he is? Sick. 

Greg Jones
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @1    5 days ago

If you look at the whole story instead of trying to pass off the Cliffs notes version, Acosta didn't have much option to do otherwise. But if only for the optics, Acosta had to go. Trump was not a friend or buddy of Epstein. You must be thinking of Bill Clinton who had frequent flyer miles on the Lolita Express.  

Trump will not be resigning and Barr is going to ultimately become the Democrats worst nightmare.

Ozzwald
1.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    5 days ago
If you look at the whole story instead of trying to pass off the Cliffs notes version, Acosta didn't have much option to do otherwise.

Actually if you look at the WHOLE story, not just Acosta's side, you find that Acosta DID have other options and ignored a 54 page indictment to give Epstein his non-existent sentence.  Acosta also violated state law by giving Epstein the deal without consulting the victims.

MrFrost
1.1.2  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    5 days ago
Trump was not a friend or buddy of Epstein.

So despite what trump has said about Epstein in the past, you are going with what trump has said over the last few days? Really Greg? He is obviously trying to distance himself because he is seeking re-election. 

MrFrost
1.1.3  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    5 days ago
Barr is going to ultimately become the Democrats worst nightmare.

That's because he is trumps cockholster, not the AG. Barr works for all American citizens, not the POTUS. 

Greg Jones
1.1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.2    5 days ago

Too far in the past to be relevant. Trump hasn't had anything to do with him for years and years. What has Trump said about him in the last few days?

Greg Jones
1.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.3    5 days ago
Barr works for all American citizens, not the POTUS

You mean like Holder and Lynch worked for the "people" instead of Obama?  Too funny!

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
1.1.6  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.4    5 days ago
Trump hasn't had anything to do with him for years and years.

You know this how, exactly? 

MrFrost
1.1.7  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.5    5 days ago

Greg, please read the article and show me where any of those people are mentioned? We'll wait...

Greg Jones
1.1.8  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.7    5 days ago

I am countering your comment. Are you attempting to make it off topic.

MrFrost
1.1.9  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.8    5 days ago

Not attempting to Greg, it is off topic. Like I said, none of those people are even mentioned in the article. So, it's off topic. 

Don Overton
1.1.10  Don Overton  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.4    5 days ago

[Removed

Sunshine
1.2  Sunshine  replied to  MrFrost @1    5 days ago
Acosta gave trumps little buddy the pedophile a pass in the legal system

Acosta didn't make that deal for Trump.  Why did Acosta make that deal?  mmmm..one wonders.  Let's see the plea deal was made in 2008 and who was running in the Presidential primaries in 2008?  Well I do declare it was Hillary who is married to Billy Boy Clinton.  The pedophile Epstein and Billy Boy have been best buds for years.  

MrFrost
1.2.1  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Sunshine @1.2    5 days ago

Yea, you're off topic... 

Greg Jones
1.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.1    5 days ago

When challenged, deflect.

MrFrost
1.2.3  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.2    5 days ago
When challenged, deflect.

That's exactly what Sunshine is doing, good job for catching it Greg. 

Don Overton
1.2.4  Don Overton  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.2    5 days ago

Something you do all the time 

Vic Eldred
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @1    5 days ago

Haha!  Well congrats on the breaking news, as expected as it was. Now let us see if the biased liberal media can focus in on the real story of Jeffrey Epstein?  Can they?  This is just the beginning of a huge story. When do we get the airline list of passengers to & from Epstein's debauchery centers?

MrFrost
1.3.1  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3    5 days ago
as expected as it was.

He just got done defending himself the other day, not sure why you think this was expected. 

When do we get the airline list of passengers to & from Epstein's debauchery centers?

Epstein is a billionaire. He flies all over the place so not sure what you are implying here. When he was arrested, he was returning from France, if memory serves. 

Epstein has been a fixture in elite circles for decades, I am sure a LOT of famous and high profile people have flown on his airplane. 

Now let us see if the biased liberal media can focus in on the real story of Jeffrey Epstein?

Perhaps, we know the biased conservative media is doing everything they can to deflect this story with whataboutism. 

Vic Eldred
1.3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.1    5 days ago
not sure why you think this was expected. 

Nobody expected him to explain his way out of being so insensitive to victims. I even predicted the other day that he wouldn't survive. He does get to explain himself, which he tried to do yesterday. Today he did the right thing. The media was using him to discredit Trump and he became a liability. This issue is now over.

Epstein is a billionaire. He flies all over the place so not sure what you are implying here. 

I am implying that he was involved with a mother load of fat cats & politicians. They helped to protect him. He got away with not registering as a sex offender in New York as an example. He got a sweetheart deal in Florida as a another example. It seems murky right now, who those people were, but even if the msm tries to avoid it, those names will be revealed in the coming weeks - you heard it here first!!!

Perhaps, we know the biased conservative media is doing everything they can to deflect this story with whataboutism.

Let's see who does the best job on this story now that Acosta is out of the picture.

Sunshine
1.3.3  Sunshine  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.2    5 days ago
The media was using him to discredit Trump and he became a liability.

Yep, the media doesn't give a shit about the girls. 

MrFrost
1.3.4  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Sunshine @1.3.3    5 days ago
Yep, the media doesn't give a shit about the girls. 

You are aware that acosta violated state law by not notifying the victims, right? So if by, "media", you mean Acosta, I agree with you.

Sunshine
1.3.5  Sunshine  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.4    5 days ago
You are aware that acosta violated state law by not notifying the victims, right?

I am aware that is a talking point. Judges sign off on plea deals.  Are you saying a judge broke the law?  That was part of the plea deal.

Now that Acosta is gone, the media will drop the story about Epstein and the girls you can be sure of that.

Greg Jones
1.3.6  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.1    5 days ago

You're trying to bring Trump into it without any evidence, other than Trump was an acquainted with Epstein at one time in the past. Pretty flimsy allegations...is that all ya got? 

MrFrost
1.3.7  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Sunshine @1.3.5    5 days ago
I am aware that is a talking point. Judges sign off on plea deals. 

So state laws are talking points now, got it. 

So you are seriously defending a man that gave a pass to a known pedophile and in the same breath, complain that the 'media' doesn't care about the victims? Are you fucking kidding me? 

MrFrost
1.3.8  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3.6    5 days ago
You're trying to bring Trump into it without any evidence, other than Trump was an acquainted with Epstein at one time in the past. Pretty flimsy allegations...is that all ya got? 

Acosta is, (was) part of trumps administration, yes? Yes. Trump said himself that Jeff is a great guy and a lot of fun to hang around with. So yea, trump is part of the article as well. 

Is that all I got? I posted the link above, you should read it instead of just repeating the lies that trump spits out. 

Sunshine
1.3.9  Sunshine  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.7    5 days ago
So state laws are talking points now, got it.

Please turn off MSNBC/CNN for awhile.

If you can't accept any facts, then it is hopeless to have a rational discussion.

Split Personality
1.3.10  Split Personality  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.4    5 days ago

https://www.justice.gov/usao/resources/crime-victims-rights-ombudsman/victims-rights-act

It's a Federal law.

No doubt that between them, Acosta the US Atty, Dershowitz, Star and Gallagher and a few other Epstein attorneys knew, or should have known they were not following the letter of the law.

Split Personality
1.3.11  Split Personality  replied to  Sunshine @1.3.5    5 days ago

No doubt that between them, Acosta the US Atty, Dershowitz, Star and Gallagher and a few other Epstein attorneys knew, or should have known they were not following the letter of a Federal law even if it is a State of Florida case.

The Judge relies on both the prosecution and the defense to point these things out to him and assure him that the I's are dotted and the T's crossed. Instead it looks like they colluded to fool the Judge as well.

MrFrost
1.3.12  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Split Personality @1.3.10    5 days ago

I stand corrected. 

Sunshine
1.3.13  Sunshine  replied to  Split Personality @1.3.11    5 days ago
Instead it looks like they colluded to fool the Judge as well.

lol..ok. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Don Overton
1.3.14  Don Overton  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3    5 days ago

[Removed

Don Overton
1.3.15  Don Overton  replied to  Sunshine @1.3.5    5 days ago

[TROLLING, if it continues it's vacation time.]

Trout Giggles
1.3.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @1.3.11    5 days ago

You can buy judges and DAs if you're a billionaire

KDMichigan
1.3.17  KDMichigan  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.8    5 days ago
Acosta is, (was) part of trumps administration, yes?

Yup and now he is gone. Can you name one thing he did during his service as President Trumps labor secretary that was wrong?

Trump said himself that Jeff is a great guy and a lot of fun to hang around with.

Yup numerous people have praised Epstein, I'm sure all those Democrats he donated to sang his praises to. 

It seems that you always claim that President Trump lies all the time but he was speaking the word if you can use it against him right?

Maybe Acosta will name the people that influenced his decision if there was any. I'm willing to bet you wouldn't like the answer.

luther28
2  luther28    5 days ago

Adios Alex, we hardly knew you.

MrFrost
2.1  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  luther28 @2    5 days ago
Adios Alex, we hardly knew you.

Thank goodness. He clearly has a soft spot in his heart for pedophiles. 

luther28
2.1.1  luther28  replied to  MrFrost @2.1    5 days ago

Same notion here

sandy-2021492
2.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  luther28 @2    5 days ago
we hardly knew you.

But as much as we ever wanted to.

luther28
2.2.1  luther28  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.2    5 days ago

More

JohnRussell
3  JohnRussell    5 days ago

It will probably take America's great investigative journalists to unwind all this. 

Trump said today that he has never been to Epstein's island in the Caribbean. Someone should ask him if he was ever at Epstein's home in NY, because that is where a then 13 year old girl says she was raped by Trump in the presence of Jeffery Epstein. 

It will take reporting to sort it all out though.  

luther28
3.1  luther28  replied to  JohnRussell @3    5 days ago
It will probably take America's great investigative journalists to unwind all this.

Where are those folks these days?

Greg Jones
3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3    5 days ago

Are you aware that case was dropped some time ago?

MrFrost
3.2.1  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    5 days ago
Are you aware that case was dropped some time ago?

The fact that there was a case in the first place says a lot. It was dropped in 2016 for two reasons.

1) Death threats from trump's and epstein's handlers, (which is documented in the court documents), and;

2) Some of the paperwork was not filed in a timely manner. 

Neither of these things "clear" trump in the case. 

You can read all of the court documents here:

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/4524664/doe-v-trump/

JBB
3.2.2  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    5 days ago

How could ruthless billionaires ever get a kid to drop a lawsuit? Easy as pie...

The young lady seems very credible to me. She has never changed her story.

Greg Jones
3.2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.1    5 days ago

He has never been convicted of a crime.

Allegations are not necessarily true.

MrFrost
3.2.4  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.3    5 days ago
He has never been convicted of a crime. Allegations are not necessarily true.

That's a whole lot of hypocrisy there Greg. 

Vic Eldred
3.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    5 days ago

John Solomon is busy investigating the deep state

Trump said today that he has never been to Epstein's island in the Caribbean.

Why is Trump on topic while democrats are not?

It will take reporting to sort it all out though.  

John, your'e not going to like what comes out of this one bit!!!

MrFrost
3.3.1  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3    5 days ago
Why is Trump on topic while democrats are not?

Try reading the article? 

Tessylo
3.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3    5 days ago

The deep state?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
3.3.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @3.3.1    5 days ago

I read it. It's a combination celebration of another Trump official resigning and a piss poor attempt to link the President with Epstein. If you think that narrative is going to stand you are deluding yourself. After today this becomes an inquiry into all those who enabled Epstein, not the guy who booted him out of Mar-a-Lago!

Vic Eldred
3.3.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.3.2    5 days ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
3.3.5  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.3    5 days ago

Attempts to link to the 'president'?

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
3.3.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.3.5    5 days ago

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
3.3.7  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.3    5 days ago
piss poor attempt to link the President with Epstein.

No attempt needed, trump proved his friendship with Epstein with his own words. 

MrFrost
3.3.8  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.3    5 days ago
not the guy who booted him out of Mar-a-Lago!

Even if that's true, all trump was trying to do was increase his chances of scoring some underage girls. 

Krishna
4  Krishna    5 days ago

When I first read that, I thought that it was a Trump talking about Epstein. (Didn't trump say the sdame thing, or words to that effect, about his close friend jeffrey Epstein?)

MrFrost
4.1  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Krishna @4    5 days ago

I think he was talking about Acosta. Trump has been trying desperately to distance himself from his buddy Jeff. 

Sean Treacy
5  Sean Treacy    5 days ago

Thank you!

Worst member of Trump's cabinet by far.  Credit to the conservative media who've been calling for his resignation for years. 

MrFrost
5.1  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    5 days ago

Sean, did you just watch the 31 minute impromptu presser the POTUS just gave? He all but gave Acosta a BJ on the WH lawn. Also, he was appointed on April 28, 2017, just over two years ago, and I have not see even one conservative news source that has been calling for his resignation, "for years". 

Not saying there is none, just saying I have seen none. But the internet is what it is, I am sure if you dig enough, you'll find one that wanted him gone because he isn't far enough to the right. 

Sean Treacy
5.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @5.1    5 days ago

It's 2019.

2019-2017=2 years. 

MrFrost
5.1.3  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.1    5 days ago
It's 2019. 2019-2017=2 years. 

Haven't had coffee yet Sean and I just got up. 

JohnRussell
5.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  MrFrost @5.1    5 days ago
Sean, did you just watch the 31 minute impromptu presser the POTUS just gave?

I heard it on the radio. Fact checkers will be busy with that hot mess for awhile. 

MrFrost
5.1.5  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.4    5 days ago
I heard it on the radio. Fact checkers will be busy with that hot mess for awhile. 

One of his talking points absolutely had me laughing my ass off. But, not related to this article so I am going to leave it alone. 

Sean Treacy
5.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @5.1.3    5 days ago

Haven't had coffee yet Sean and I just got up

I understand that..

My point was that Acosta has been a target of Conservatives for his role in this mess  for a lot longer than the last  week, when Democrats suddenly decided to be mad about Epstein. 

MrFrost
5.1.7  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.6    5 days ago
My point was that Acosta has been a target of Conservatives for his role in this mess  for a lot longer than the last  week, when Democrats suddenly decided to be mad about Epstein. 

And I am not doubting you Sean, all I am saying is that I have not seen that and I do try to read both left and right news sources. 

JBB
5.1.8  JBB  replied to  MrFrost @5.1.5    5 days ago

Trump is drawing flies. That ought to be looked into. His rot is palpable...

Tessylo
5.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @5.1.8    5 days ago

Flies are attracted to piles of shit

Krishna
5.2  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    5 days ago
Worst member of Trump's cabinet by far.

Some would disagree-- after all, there's a lot of tough competition for that venerable title!

The worst member of Trump’s Cabinet in 2019: A bracketology

Last year, I took advantage of America’s obsession with NCAA brackets to ask a very important question: “Who is the worst member of Trump’s Cabinet?”

The winner, as selected by Twitter poll, was Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt, which may explain why he stepped down two months later.

Another finalist, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, also departed in the past year.

With all the turnover in Trump’s Cabinet, 2019 is a brand-new race, so it’s time to list the top six seeds again! Although there are some returning favorites, do not count out some of the newcomers to Team Trump!

Seed No. 1: Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross. Last year I wrote that (Cont'd)

MrFrost
5.2.1  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Krishna @5.2    5 days ago

At this rate, trump will be the only one left on his staff by the time Nov. 2020 rolls around. 

luther28
5.2.2  luther28  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.1    5 days ago

That might be considered one too many.

Krishna
5.2.3  Krishna  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.1    5 days ago
At this rate, trump will be the only one left on his staff by the time Nov. 2020 rolls around.

He's gonna need to buy yet another bus. (There's already a whole bunch of buses in the parking lot behind the White House-- he keeps needing to buy more to throw new bodies under! jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif)

r.t..b...
5.3  r.t..b...  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    5 days ago
Worst member of Trump's cabinet by far.

A strong indictment given the gaggle who have continually given there tacit approval in support of this oligarch. Time for yet another interim to join the cabinet circle jerk in pledging fealty.

JohnRussell
6  JohnRussell    5 days ago

The "defense" of Epstein, and if there are other prominent business leaders, politicians and others, involved in this it will be their defense too, is that these teenage girls were prostitutes and they ( the men) were not aware of their ages. The problem with this defense is that it was evidently well known at the time that Epstens girls were 13 and 14 and 15 year olds. 

Sean Treacy
6.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @6    5 days ago

The "Senator Menendez defense"

Trout Giggles
6.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @6    5 days ago

Doesn't matter if these girls were prostitutes (which I highly doubt). It's still child sex trafficking and rape of a minor

MrFrost
7  seeder  MrFrost    5 days ago

According to trump, pedophile protector Acosta is one of those, "best people". 

Sean Treacy
7.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @7    5 days ago

According to trump, pedophile protector Acosta is one of those, "best people". 

How would you describe someone who flew 26 times on a plane called the Lolita Express with a known pedophile?

Or the Democrats  that argued in Court that Epstein deserved leniency from the rigors of the already too light punishment he received ? 

MrFrost
7.1.1  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1    5 days ago

Sean, trump said he only hires the best people, he also said he uses "extreme vetting". This article is clearly about trump, acosta and epstein. 

Sean Treacy
7.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.1    5 days ago

Just curious if your outrage was principled, or political.

It's funny how many people on this site didn't care about Epstein in 2016 when it was being used against Clinton, suddenly have seen the light. 

MrFrost
7.1.3  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.2    5 days ago
used against Clinton

Off topic, Sean. If there was even the hint that Clinton was a pedophile, at some point in the last 20 years, SOMEONE would have come forward with a valid complaint and not right wing conspiracy/scandal/spin. Now, lets leave Clinton out of the discussion, please. He is not the subject of the article. 

Also, pedophiles..... Democrat, Republican or someplace in between, should be brought to justice.  

r.t..b...
7.1.4  r.t..b...  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.3    5 days ago
Also, pedophiles..... Democrat, Republican or someplace in between, should be brought to justice. 

No disagreement, no deflection, absolutely no defense.

MrFrost
7.1.5  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  r.t..b... @7.1.4    5 days ago
No disagreement, no deflection, absolutely no defense.

Thank you. 

Greg Jones
7.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.3    5 days ago

Trump is not the subject of the article either, so why bring him up?

Many women had valid complaints against Clinton.

MrFrost
7.1.7  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1.6    5 days ago
Trump is not the subject of the article either, so why bring him up?

Very first line of the article Greg...

President Trump spoke alongside Alex Acosta moments ago.

MrFrost
7.1.8  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1.6    5 days ago
Many women had valid complaints against Clinton.

Off topic yet again. But i'll remind you of what you said just minutes ago on this very article. 

3.2.3Greg Jonesreplied to MrFrost@3.2.1  10 minutes ago

He has never been convicted of a crime.

Allegations are not necessarily true.

sandy-2021492
7.1.9  sandy-2021492  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1.6    5 days ago
President Trump announced Alex Acosta'sresignationas secretary of labor from the White House lawn — but the conversation quickly turned to a number of unrelated topics. Here's how it unfolded:President Trump, standing next to Acosta, announced that the labor secretary was stepping down. He insisted it was Acosta's decision — saying, "I just want to let you know, this was him, not me, because I’m with him"

For someone who "is not the subject of the article", Trump certainly features prominently in its text.

MrFrost
7.1.10  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.2    5 days ago
Just curious if your outrage was principled, or political.

Principled for the most part, but no denying that there is a bit of politics thrown in here. At the end of the day? Give a pedophile their due process, then execute them in the courthouse parking lot, regardless of party. 

MrFrost
7.1.11  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.9    5 days ago
For someone who "is not the subject of the article", Trump certainly features prominently in its text.

Thank you. 

sandy-2021492
7.1.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.11    5 days ago

No problem.

Some forget, or would like to forget, that Acosta was Secretary of Labor only because Trump put him in that position.  There is no avoiding Trump when discussing Acosta.

MrFrost
7.1.13  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.12    5 days ago
Some forget, or would like to forget, that Acosta was Secretary of Labor only because Trump put him in that position.  There is no avoiding Trump when discussing Acosta.

True.. AG Barr fits in there as well but I have to admit that it's a bit of a stretch. 

Snuffy
7.1.14  Snuffy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.9    5 days ago

Considering which outlet wrote and posted the article, some would say not enough. I gave up on listening to CNN because every time I listened to them they would try to tie Trump to the article.

Snuffy
7.1.15  Snuffy  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.13    5 days ago
True.. AG Barr fits in there as well but I have to admit that it's a bit of a stretch. 

by your own rules shouldn't AG Barr be off topic also?

MrFrost
7.1.16  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Snuffy @7.1.15    5 days ago
by your own rules shouldn't AG Barr be off topic also?

That would be why I didn't go into detail. 

MrFrost
7.1.17  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Snuffy @7.1.14    5 days ago
Considering which outlet wrote and posted the article, some would say not enough. I gave up on listening to CNN because every time I listened to them they would try to tie Trump to the article.

As Sandy pointed out, discussing this article would be impossible without mentioning trump, (who is mentioned several times in the article). 

Don Overton
7.1.18  Don Overton  replied to  Snuffy @7.1.14    5 days ago

You gave up listening to CNN because it didn't fit your talking points

sandy-2021492
7.1.19  sandy-2021492  replied to  Snuffy @7.1.14    5 days ago
they would try to tie Trump to the article.

Who made the announcement, Snuffy?  Who nominated him for Secretary of Labor?  Trump is very much a topic of the article.

Snuffy
7.1.20  Snuffy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.19    5 days ago

this article yes. but I got tired of listening to many stores on CNN News that were not about Trump or the White House, but they would try to bring Trump into the story. It got old and I got tired of that and of listening to them continue to try to pass opinion off as news. Even MSNBC isn't as bad as CNN had gotten. 

Trout Giggles
7.1.21  Trout Giggles  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1.6    5 days ago

Didn't trmp appoint Acosta a Labor Secretary? So this is trmp's fuck-up, isn't it?

What about all that extreme vetting trmp supposedly did for his appointees?

JBB
8  JBB    5 days ago

Slowly they turn. Step by step. Inch by inch. Then...POW! Right in the paedophilia...

MrFrost
9  seeder  MrFrost    5 days ago

As disturbing as Acosta's plea deal with Epstein was, it's no more disturbing than not notifying the victims of the plea deal. That is truly disturbing. 

JBB
9.1  JBB  replied to  MrFrost @9    5 days ago

NEWSFLASH - All pigs are equal under law but billionaire pigs are more equal.

It Is ME
10  It Is ME    5 days ago

Leave it to the likes of CNN to leave out an entire statement, so they can make Trump Look Bad.

There is no such thing as "News" anymore. Fucking Sad !

"Real World":

Here's what's front and center on this article:

"He’s done a fantastic job. He’s a friend of everybody in the administration," Trump said."

Here is what Trump REALLY Said !:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/22/alexander-acosta-jeffrey-epstein-1179958

Trump: Acosta has 'done a great job as labor secretary'

"I know he's done a great job as labor secretary, and that seems like a long time ago, but I know he's been a fantastic labor secretary. "

Sunshine
10.1  Sunshine  replied to  It Is ME @10    5 days ago
Leave it to the likes of CNN

Well of course, CNN lies and their ratings have reflected it.

The news just keeps getting worse and worse for the far-left CNN, which suffered a 16 percent primetime ratings collapse last month.
The embattled CNN, which always lands in far-last place and axed more than 100 jobs already this year, had about as bad of a ratings month as is possible in May.
Its primetime hours were only able to average a measly 761,000 viewers, while the fake news outlet’s total day viewers dove nine percent (compared to this same month last year) to just 559,000 viewers.
For comparison purposes, Fox News earned three times as many primetime viewers (2.34 million) and more than twice as many total day viewers (1.34 million). What’s more, when compared to this same month last year, Fox lost none of its primetime viewers and only four percent of its total day viewers.
The most astounding thing, though, is that CNN’s ratings are already so low, it seems impossible they could dive any lower — and yet, they always do.
Do you have any idea just how low 761,000 primetime viewers is…?
How does a nationally known brand like CNN, a brand that is decades old, only manage to attract 761,000 viewers throughout a gonzo news month in a country of over 300 million?
https://www.spartareport.com/2019/06/cnn-msnbc-ratings-in-freefall-as-americans-tune-out-the-democrats-and-their-propaganda-arm/

sandy-2021492
10.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sunshine @10.1    5 days ago

Ratings determine truth?

MrFrost
10.1.2  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Sunshine @10.1    5 days ago

The sad thing is that you think CNN lies because trump, who has told over 10,000 lies in 2 years, told you so. 

Sunshine
10.1.3  Sunshine  replied to  sandy-2021492 @10.1.1    5 days ago
Ratings determine truth?

Well yes, when it comes to news. Most people know when they have been consistently lied to by a news organization.

Wouldn't you say?  Why have they lost their loyal viewers?

Sunshine
10.1.4  Sunshine  replied to  MrFrost @10.1.2    5 days ago
who has told over 10,000 lies in 2 years, 

Oh the drama! 

sandy-2021492
10.1.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sunshine @10.1.3    5 days ago

I would say that no, that's not true.  Many people don't know when they've been lied to.  Fox News is still pretty popular, despite misleading reports and support for conspiracy theories.

I'd say many people prefer to hear that which agrees with their preconceived notions, whether it's true or not.

sandy-2021492
10.1.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sunshine @10.1.4    5 days ago
Oh the drama!

He was just showing you how your comment about people knowing when they've been lied to doesn't really hold up.

Unless you're admitting that some people don't really mind being lied to, and that popularity really isn't a reflection of truth.

Sunshine
10.1.7  Sunshine  replied to  sandy-2021492 @10.1.5    5 days ago
Many people don't know when they've been lied to. 

You may have a point.  People watched CNN until they finally figured it out and left. 

MrFrost
10.1.8  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  sandy-2021492 @10.1.6    5 days ago

I would just be happy if they would post on topic. 

Sunshine
10.1.9  Sunshine  replied to  sandy-2021492 @10.1.6    5 days ago
He was just showing you how your comment about people knowing when they've been lied to doesn't really hold up.

I don't think so...sounds like he believes the nonsense.

The sad thing is that you think CNN lies because trump, who has told over 10,000 lies in 2 years, told you so.

I don't think CNN lies...I know they do and so does their loyal viewers who told them adios.

sandy-2021492
10.1.10  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sunshine @10.1.9    5 days ago
I don't think so...

I'm sure you don't.

You've made it quite obvious that you believe that ratings = truth, even in the face of steady ratings for provable lies.

Fox misleads.  Trump flat-out lies.  The fact that they still both have supporters mean that some people obviously do not abandon those who lie to them, so long as they like the lies being told.

It Is ME
10.1.11  It Is ME  replied to  Sunshine @10.1    5 days ago

The worst part is.....stuff like this will be plastered all over the place as ….. the end all truth !

Sunshine
10.1.12  Sunshine  replied to  sandy-2021492 @10.1.10    5 days ago
even in the face of steady ratings for provable lies.

So you agree, CNN lies.

They managed to bamboozle their audience with their lies for years.  Some viewers finally figured it out and left.  So yes, eventually truth equals ratings.  It isn't rocket science.

Unfortunately some continue to believe their lies and use them as a reliable source.

sandy-2021492
10.1.13  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sunshine @10.1.12    5 days ago
So yes, eventually truth equals ratings.  It isn't rocket science.

Nope.  Not if Fox lies.  Which they do.  Same for Trump.

Don Overton
10.1.14  Don Overton  replied to  Sunshine @10.1    5 days ago

Yet you listen to fox and other liars

Sunshine
10.1.15  Sunshine  replied to  sandy-2021492 @10.1.13    5 days ago
Nope

CNN lies and only spews propaganda for the Democrats.  Viewers agree and left.  No comparison to Fox or Trump.  But you can keep trying to spin that nonsense.

MrFrost
10.1.16  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Sunshine @10.1.12    5 days ago
Unfortunately some continue to believe their lies and use them as a reliable source.

You should open a new discussion and you can list all those lies and fake news stories they run. If you can actually find any. 

sandy-2021492
10.1.17  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sunshine @10.1.15    5 days ago

I think we all can see where the nonsense is.  It's in "ratings = truth".  Argumentum ad populum.  Logical fallacy.

BTW, I've never said CNN didn't lie (straw man - another fallacy).  I pointed out that ratings do not equal truth, as evidenced by the high ratings received by Fox News, which is every bit as dishonest as you accuse CNN of being.

From Media Bias Fact Check:

• Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on story selection that often favors the left. We rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to misinformation and failed fact checks from guests and pundits. However, CNN’s straight news reporting would earn a High rating for factual reporting. (Italics mine)
  • Overall, we rate Fox News strongly Right-Biased due to wording and story selection that favors the right and Mixed factually based on poor sourcing and the spreading of conspiracy theories that later must be retracted after being widely shared.

Sunshine
10.1.18  Sunshine  replied to  sandy-2021492 @10.1.17    5 days ago
I think we all can see where the nonsense is

Yes, I think we can.  And so can the former CNN viewers.

Sunshine
10.1.19  Sunshine  replied to  MrFrost @10.1.16    5 days ago
If you can actually find any. 

Here is a starter for ya....

https://dailycaller.com/2018/08/31/cnn-list-bungled-reporting-fake-news/

MrFrost
10.1.20  seeder  MrFrost  replied to  Sunshine @10.1.19    5 days ago

Yea, the daily caller is really fair and balanced... LOL They are EXTREME right wing. Nice try though. 

sandy-2021492
10.1.21  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sunshine @10.1.19    5 days ago

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-caller/

The Daily Caller has alsopublishedarticles by Jason Kesslera white supremacist who organized a rally of hundreds of white nationalists in Charlottesville. They subsequently scrubbed those articles after the Charlottesville vehicular homicide incident.

Excellent source, the Daily Caller.

A factual search reveals a very poor track record with fact checking. Here is a short list of some failed fact checks: The Daily Caller has failed numerous fact checks, however they post a significant amount of articles each day. Based on the volume of articles published, versus failed fact checks, they do not fall into the Questionable category, though they are close.

Nerm_L
11  Nerm_L    5 days ago

Jerry Nadler better start on those Acosta subpoenas.  I don't think the Mueller show is testing well with the focus groups.

Tessylo
11.1  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @11    5 days ago

What the huh?

Dismayed Patriot
11.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @11.1    5 days ago

Just more deflect and distract. Like a shitty magician who has to say "Watch the red handkerchief!" as they wave one wildly up in the air with their right hand to distract from their left hand stuffing a rabbit into a box under the podium... "And poof!" The rabbit disappeared!"...

"Look up here at Congress! Don't you hate congress? Don't you think congress is a pain? And poof! The Acosta pedophile protection plan disappeared!"...

Sunshine
11.1.2  Sunshine  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.1.1    5 days ago
The Acosta pedophile protection plan disappeared!"...

It will now that Trump dumped him.  Media doesn't give a shit about Acosta or the girls.  We will see how much coverage they get going forward from the Democratic ran news outlets.  

Don Overton
11.1.3  Don Overton  replied to  Sunshine @11.1.2    5 days ago

More fairy tales

Don Overton
11.2  Don Overton  replied to  Nerm_L @11    5 days ago

Always off topic to the enth degree

MrFrost
12  seeder  MrFrost    5 days ago

Locking this until an unbiased mod can remove the off topic flags. Sorry!