╌>

What Trump Supporters Are Doing To America

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  309 comments

What Trump Supporters Are Doing To America
Plainly, Trump supporters have no operative standards of behavior that they demand their leader conform to. Blatant lies are ok with them , rampant insults, often towards completely innocent people, from the president* are ok with them, open bullying is ok with them

First of all , I am not talking about all Trump supporters. Some of them, I assume, are good people. But the conservatives haven't sent us their best. 

I heard on the news this morning that the Trump campaign is raising a lot of money off of this, this being the news a couple weeks ago that President* Trump had asked the president of Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden, one of his main election opponents ( we hear the argument that Biden is not Trump's main election opponent , but what else can you call someone who is running for the SAME OFFICE, and is leading in the polls, AND is beating Trump in most if not all polls ?   And right away here we arrive at a piece of what Trumpsters are doing to America. They deny reality, and when a sizable portion of America denies reality like this it can't help but have a negative effect on the whole).   

Trump supporters seem to be interested in one thing only, in terms of the behavior and truthfulness of the president of the United States  -  how much can he "play" the liberals. After the revelations of his conduct viv a vis Ukraine, all we are getting from Trump supporters on internet forums is pride in how Trump is gaslighting the American people. 

Does anyone in their right mind think that Trump will go down favorably in the history books for having "made liberals cry" ?   I have looked at quite a few comments on this forum and elsewhere on social media and by far Trump supporters are fixated on Trump sticking it to the Democrats. You could say that is all they care about. They literally don't care that the president* is overturning the behavorial mores that have existed in America for hundreds of years. 

Plainly, Trump supporters have no operative standards of behavior that they demand their leader conform to. Blatant lies are ok with them , rampant insults, often towards completely innocent people, from the president* are ok with them, open bullying is ok with them, ridiculous narcissistic preening (such as pushing the president of a small country aside so as to get himself into the front of a photo shoot at an international gathering) is ok with them, Trump's lifelong personal financial corruption is ok with them, as is his claim that he can sexually assault women with impunity. And trying to get unearned help from foreign governments in his election is ok with them.  Abuse of his presidential power is now ok with them.  Last night text messages were released concerning the efforts by Trump forces in Ukraine. Those messages make it clear that support for the Ukranian government and the defense of Ukraine militarily was being linked to a firm commitment by Ukraine to investigate the presidents election opponent. 

Trump, on his own and through his subordinates, was telling Ukraine, "play ball" and investigate Biden, if you want good relations with the US government.  This is blatant abuse of his power as president of the United States. 

What are Trump supporters doing to America?  Isnt destroying respect for our government enough?  They have no standards that Trump must conform to. None.  Berating your supporters ideological enemies is not the duty of the presidency. Acting like a tinpot dictator is not a duty (or a perk) of the presidency. Behaving like a criminal buffoon is not the function of a US president. 

I , personally, have no respect for the Trump supporters who think all this is funny. They are ruining this country. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

user image
Freshman Silent
1.1    replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  @1.1    5 years ago

Example A of what John stated, you would be.

WTF, have you read the damn texts ?

Have you that voted this up, READ THE DAMN TEXTS !

Trump supporters defend at every twist, at every turn, at every straight away flat out Lie, the indefensible, as they have difficulty even admitting that Trump LIES and TRUMP LIES and TRUMP LIES and Then TRUMP LIES some more.

Face it Trump supporters, you are now living a LIE defending a LIAR that exploits and violates all that our country stands for. It violates the sacrifices so many Americans made, in an attempt to make our country great, Not make our country great again, as that is the job for the next POTUS.

This fck up has disgraced our country in so many ways, it's become too numerous, to even bother to list.

and do you know who again benefits from Trumps' actions besides Putin and Trump ? cause it sure as HELL ain't AMERICA

The GOP has become the party of denial, and is complacent while enabling a cult of personality to lead it over the cliff, and hopefully, they read the cliff notes on the way down, cause that's the only way they're headed 

America, and ALL OF US,    deserve so much better from a president,

and that,

Is No Lie

user image
Freshman Silent
1.1.2    replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.1    5 years ago

I'm not sure if I have seen all the texts you and JR are referring to. The ones I saw did not have any kind of agreement on anything. Maybe they should be posted in this thread if there is something so damning. That way we can discuss them. I don't think that was the intent of this discussions. Seems like it is just here so people can come here and bash "not all but most Trump supporters".

As for Trump's lies, I do acknowledge them. However I also acknowledge that the context and intent of the lies have a lot to do with it. Most of the time the "lies" are gotcha type questions/situations that the media uses to trick him into saying something that contradicts himself or his staff or his agenda. Other times it's likely due to lack of information on the spot, exaggerations because that's just what he does, attempts to un-spin facts from the media meant to disparage his supporters and things like that. Every President has lied. Trump is just held to a higher standard because the press hates him and he hates them. No other President has been put under the microscope like this. I hope future Presidents are ready to be treated the same. What goes around comes around. Endless investigations and nit picking over every word will be the norm from here on out.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  @1.1.2    5 years ago
The ones I saw did not have any kind of agreement on anything.

The "Left" likes to "Ignore" the "Text Response" to what they are all verklempt over. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.3    5 years ago

have YOU read them 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.4    5 years ago
have YOU read them

Of course (not to be confused with the sport of Golf)!

You ?

user image
Freshman Silent
1.1.6    replied to  It Is ME @1.1.5    5 years ago

Of course he has, and he knows there is nothing there. He is just gaslighting hoping that the people who haven't, are just going to take his word there is something there. Unfortunately after the Russia hoax it will take rock solid evidence before people like myself will be calling for impeachment or investigations. The media has proven to hate Trump and will latch on to anything they think they can get people to believe. If there was really something there, then the juicy texts would be posted on this site. Instead, they ask if you have gone out searching for it hoping that you haven't and that you will just admit there is wrong doing because everyone in the media has TDS.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  @1.1.6    5 years ago
he knows there is nothing there.

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

They Still keep trying to sell a "Skunk" as if it's a "Pure Bred" though !

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.8  Dulay  replied to  @1.1.2    5 years ago
However I also acknowledge that the context and intent of the lies have a lot to do with it. Most of the time the "lies" are gotcha type questions/situations that the media uses to trick him into saying something that contradicts himself or his staff or his agenda.

Utter bullshit.

I suggest that you go review the plethora of LIES Trump has told on twitter while watching Fox and Friends. NONE of them are because of pressure from the media. Hell, Trump  isn't dealing with the 'media' during his early morning twitter tirades, he doesn't even get to the Oval until 11ish, after his Fox fix. 

Other times it's likely due to lack of information on the spot, exaggerations because that's just what he does, attempts to un-spin facts from the media meant to disparage his supporters and things like that.

Yes because unlike normal people, Trump is incapable of saying that he doesn't know. In his pathetic narcissistic state, it's unthinkable that his 'stable genius' lacked the facts needed to give a TRUTHFUL answer. So he just makes shit up. A perfect trait for the 'leader of the free world'. 

Every President has lied.

NOT over 2000 Xs in 3 years...

Trump is just held to a higher standard because the press hates him and he hates them.

Any reading of Trump supporter's comments here on NT, including yours, proves that Trump is held to NO standards whatsoever. 

No other President has been put under the microscope like this.

No President's behavior required it until now. 

I hope future Presidents are ready to be treated the same.

I hope that in the RW holds future Presidents to the non-existent standards that they hold Trump. Though somehow, I think that a sudden demand for norms, truth and propriety will return the second a Democrat takes office. 

What goes around comes around. Endless investigations and nit picking over every word will be the norm from here on out.

Yes, it's ALL Congress' fault that the day after Mueller testified, Trump perpetrated ANOTHER abuse of power. /s

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dulay @1.1.8    5 years ago

If Donny-Boy were as smart as he says he is, he wouldn't get tripped up by gotcha questions. Of course, the truth is a lot easier to remember than dozens and dozens of lies....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.9    5 years ago

Like Judge Judy says (LOVE Judge Judy) you don't need to have a good memory to tell the truth

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.12  author  JohnRussell  replied to  @1.1.6    5 years ago
everyone in the media has TDS.

There is no such thing as Trump Derangement Syndrome. It is normal to be in opposition to a liar crook bigot and moron like Donald Trump.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  cjcold  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.5    5 years ago

Golf is not a sport. Golf is an exercise in frustration.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.14  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.3    5 years ago

The left attacks Trump non stop and totally ignores the great evil done by their own to the American people.  Notice all their attack Trump and his supporters seeds and then how they ignore seeds regarding the faults of their own .  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.15  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.3    5 years ago

The left attacks Trump non stop and totally ignores the great evil done by their own to the American people.  Notice all their attack Trump and his supporters seeds and then how they ignore seeds regarding the faults of their own .  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.16  author  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.15    5 years ago

Let me direct you back toward reality

Trump supporters have no operative standards of behavior that they demand their leader conform to. Blatant lies are ok with them , rampant insults, often towards completely innocent people, from the president* are ok with them, open bullying is ok with them, ridiculous narcissistic preening (such as pushing the president of a small country aside so as to get himself into the front of a photo shoot at an international gathering) is ok with them, Trump's lifelong personal financial corruption is ok with them, as is his claim that he can sexually assault women with impunity. And trying to get unearned help from foreign governments in his election is ok with them.  Abuse of his presidential power is now ok with them.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.17  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.16    5 years ago
Blatant lies are ok with them

This is the most ironic part of the post.

For 3 years, liberals, democrats and their militant arm, the media, BLATANTLY LIED to the American people about Trump and Russian collusion.

That didn't work, so they tried with a new Kavanaugh LIE, that got them nowhere and exploded in their face, and now we are on to a new Ukraine LIE that has already started to blow up in their faces.

Hell, Biden has become so desperate, every time someone asks him a legitimate about his role with his son and Ukraine, he tries to deflect back to Trump and LIES about what has already been proven as LIES. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.18  cjcold  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.3    5 years ago

Strange that you only recognize left and right. The black and white. There are so many different shades of gray.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.19  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.17    5 years ago
For 3 years, liberals, democrats and their militant arm, the media, BLATANTLY LIED to the American people about Trump and Russian collusion.

The Mueller Report indicates wrong doing on the part of Trump and Trump associates. It became fairly obvious that Mueller thought Trump had been criminal in obstruction but felt DOJ guidelines prevented an indictment while Trump was president. The report also points out numerous questionable activities by Trump and his associates in terms of accepting Russian interference ion the US presidential election. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.20  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.19    5 years ago
but felt DOJ guidelines prevented an indictment while Trump was president.

Come on John, stop lying. Mueller CORRECTED  the record by putting out a second opening statement for the afternoon committee inquiry the day he testified. He said: (emphasis mine)

Now before we go to questions, I want to add one correction to my testimony this morning. I want to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu who said, and I quote, "You didn't charge the President because of the OLC opinion.” That is not the correct way to say it. As we say in the report, and as I said at the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the President committed a crime. With that, Mr. Chairman, I'm ready to answer questions.

So if you and the democratic flunkies in Congress think he did something impeachable, why didn't they file articles after the report came out? Why are they focusing on a phone call that has nothing illegal in it?

I'll tell you why. Because the flunkies in the democratic Congress, especially the freshmen, campaigned on impeaching the President. That was their whole message. They got frustrated because Pelosi would not make the move they wanted, so now they are so desperate their loony base will vote them out in favor of another loony leftist because they did not follow through with their campaign promise.

That is why Shitty Schiff is in such a hurry to impeach. He wants it done before the 2020 election, even though he knows the Senate won't convict, because he and his other flunky democratic Congressmen can go home to their loony base and say...."Well, we tried like we promised, but because of Republicans, we could not boot him out of office....too bad, but vote for me again, and we may try another impeachment later".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.21  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @1.1.20    5 years ago
As we say in the report, and as I said at the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the President committed a crime.

Mueller made it quite clear that they never intended to "reach a determination as to whether the President committed a crime." specifically because he believed that DOJ guidelines do not allow for a sitting president to be indicted. 

But, Mueller also tipped his hand by saying in the report that if they could have cleared Trump of any criminal wrong doing the report would have said so. It doesnt. 

You are not allowed to refer to other members as liars. You might want to clean that up. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.22  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.21    5 years ago

A bunch of jumbled eggs you have produced. If Mueller (or more than likely his handlers) never intended to reach a decision (he never said whether he intended to or not), then why even state that if he thought the President did no wrongdoing, he would have stated it. Alot of legalism to get the loony left all fluffed up.

Now, you have a penchant for not answering any question I have posed to you, and it seems the same goes here, so I will pose them again... "So if you and the democratic flunkies in Congress think he did something impeachable, why didn't they file articles after the report came out? Why are they focusing on a phone call that has nothing illegal in it?"

I already answered it for you, so let's see how you spin it.

"You are not allowed to refer to other members as liars. You might want to clean that up"

OK, you win this one....you are grossly misinforming others.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.23  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.19    5 years ago

Trump will be out of office and into prison in a New York second.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.24  It Is ME  replied to  cjcold @1.1.18    5 years ago
There are so many different shades of gray.

They have a profession called "Psychiatry" for that problem.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
1.1.25  al Jizzerror  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.24    5 years ago
a profession called "Psychiatry"

So a person called a "therapist" ("the rapist") will work with you.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.26  It Is ME  replied to  al Jizzerror @1.1.25    5 years ago
So a person called a "therapist" ("the rapist") will work with you.

Too Gray.

Try "Black and White" ! jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Trump and his supporters made America Great Again (MAGA) and now we are going to Keep America Great!  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    5 years ago

America has always been great, (you must live in a shitty part of America) trump and his supporters are making America a laughing stock

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  lady in black  replied to    5 years ago

Trump is a moron sad there are people that are blind to it.  Sad that there are people who think America wasn't great prior to Crooked Donny getting into office.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.4  Jack_TX  replied to  lady in black @1.2.1    5 years ago
America has always been great,

Absolutely.  And it's great now.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.5  Jack_TX  replied to    5 years ago
I see lots of whining, but nobody laughing at America,

I give exactly zero fucks what people in other countries are laughing about.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Trout Giggles  replied to    5 years ago

Are you sure he's a billionaire?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.2.8  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    5 years ago
The Multi-National billionaire President of the United States is a Moron?

Yes, though there is no actual proof he is a billionaire as he refuses to show anyone his taxes.

how fucking stupid does that make all the democrats who opposed him?

Why would opposing a moron make one stupid? The question really is how fucking stupid does that make all those who support such a mental midget. I mean you would really have to abandon all sense or have a single digit IQ to be a Trump sycophant after the mountain of evidence proving just how ignorant and shameless this commander in-competent is.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2.9  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.5    5 years ago

does that mean your a virgin 

lib50
Professor Silent
1.2.11  lib50  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.5    5 years ago

Obviously.    At least you know they are laughing at us.   Wait til this is over, we can see how much 'pissing off liberals' worked.  By then we can have the world holding the puppet strings as they vie for sides in our elections.  Because 'leftists' ?  Like cutting off ones nose to spite their face.  Bringing us all down.  Congrats.  Guess I look forward to China deciding the dems are a better bet and all this comes down on the gop.  Seems to be the gop playbook now.

lib50
Professor Silent
1.2.12  lib50  replied to    5 years ago

Documents?  Since they mean nothing to the gop, don't bother asking.  Trump isn't a billionaire or he'd be proud to prove it.  He lies about everything, which includes his net worth.  It ain't rocket science.  He's lying to y'all too.  (Ps, wonder why Trump is trying to meddle in his and Pence's tax audits)   But I do have a bridge for you to look at.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.14  Trout Giggles  replied to    5 years ago

How recently did Forbes describe him as a billionaire?  I think he might have been one in the past decade, but I don't think he is anymore

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.15  Texan1211  replied to    5 years ago
Holy fuck! What kind of fucking moron shows their net worth on their taxes? Or thinks someone’s tax return would show their net worth? 

Apparently, lots of internet CPAs and tax professionals think that net worth is listed on income tax returns.

Of course, intelligent people know better.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.17  Jack_TX  replied to  lib50 @1.2.11    5 years ago
Obviously.    At least you know they are laughing at us.

They've been doing that for decades.  If you travel you know that.

Wait til this is over, we can see how much 'pissing off liberals' worked.

The implication here is that it's possible to avoid pissing them off without actually getting a sex change.  They call them "angry liberals" for a reason.

Because 'leftists' ?  Like cutting off ones nose to spite their face.  Bringing us all down.

People oppose leftists because of the irreparable damage leftists want to inflict on this country in some feeble attempt to salve their own fear, guilt, or other emotions.  Also been going on for decades, if not longer.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.2.18  Sunshine  replied to    5 years ago
Dismissed.

Forbes has him as a billionaire as of Sept 2019.

Or thinks someone’s tax return would show their net worth? 

It is amazing how many are ignorant about tax returns.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.19  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.14    5 years ago
'I think he might have been one in the past decade, but I don't think he is anymore'

He's not.  Forbes is probably still inflating the turd's wealth.  

I think he is a billionaire 'on paper' but not in reality.  jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.20  Texan1211  replied to  Sunshine @1.2.18    5 years ago
https://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/#29a545ba2899
Or thinks someone’s tax return would show their net worth?  
It is amazing how many are ignorant about tax returns.

Well, you have done it now. Since you posted Forbes as a source, it will now be ignored and pilloried as right-leaning and unacceptable to all the internet CPAs.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.2.21  Sunshine  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.19    5 years ago
Forbes is probably still inflating the turd's wealth.  

OMG...Forbes is in on your conspiracies.  You better inform Pelosi.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.2.22  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sunshine @1.2.18    5 years ago

Forbes estimate is based on Trumps own claims and do not represent any possible liabilities and debt which would be shown on his taxes which is why anyone with even a smidgen of intelligence wouldn't just take his word for it. The fact is all even Forbes can produce is a rough estimate as your link shows.

" Forbes  recently  estimated  that Trump’s net worth is less than half what he claims, and journalist  Timothy O’Brien ,  who  saw Trump’s tax returns  but is legally prevented from talking about them in detail, has implied that Trump’s income is much lower than he often suggests. (O’Brien was sued by Trump for libel after he claimed in a 2005 book that Trump’s real net worth was as low as $150 million-$250 million. The suit was dismissed.)"

" The fact that he’s sold several of his assets—including up to $7 million in fund assets and $9 million in individual securities—to cover his campaign debt suggests that he probably doesn’t have enough cash on hand to easily cover the costs of his campaign outright. That’s not something one would expect from a man who claims he is worth  “in excess of TEN BILLION DOLLARS”  (the capitalization is Trump’s). "

"His tax returns could also reveal that he keeps money in offshore bank accounts, or that he pays an insultingly low tax rate, but neither strikes at the core of the brand Trump has worked to build for decades."

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.23  Jack_TX  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.2.22    5 years ago
any possible liabilities and debt which would be shown on his taxes

Why do we think they would be shown on his taxes?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.24  Jack_TX  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.19    5 years ago
He's not.  Forbes is probably still inflating the turd's wealth.  

If the figure is inflated....which is certainly not impossible....it would not be Forbes doing it.

I think he is a billionaire 'on paper' but not in reality.

I think the real reason we haven't seen tax returns is they would show an embarrassingly low income level compared to his claims.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2.25  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.24    5 years ago

good to see you blurtin out a little truth now and then there Jack, us melting snowflakes need to be reassured now and then,

but will discuss that another day, as i've got to finish something else

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.26  Ender  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.24    5 years ago

Yeah, I think it would show a lot of debt. Would kind of blow his billionaire, best business man shtick out the window. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.27  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @1.2.26    5 years ago
Yeah, I think it would show a lot of debt. Would kind of blow his billionaire, best business man shtick out the window.

Assets and liabilities typically don't appear on a tax return.  Keep in mind, we tax income, not assets.

What would appear are interest payments, depreciation schedules, operating expenses, and other stuff related to income and expense during that particular fiscal year.

But if he has taxable income of $0 or even $500k, that would look bad to his supporters.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.28  Jack_TX  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2.25    5 years ago
good to see you blurtin out a little truth now and then there Jack, us melting snowflakes need to be reassured now and then, but will discuss that another day, as i've got to finish something else

Well when you come back.....

The important thing to realize here is that most of the stuff Trump opponents would like to prove in public would not appear on any tax return.  There is not a line item for "Payoffs from Foreign Corporations" or "Russian bribes".  There might be one for "Russian brides", but that's another matter entirely.jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

So all of the hue and cry about the potential dirt hidden within his tax returns is misguided.  If there is dirt, it's hidden somewhere else.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.29  Ender  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.27    5 years ago

Yeah, I guess I was thinking about corporate taxes.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.30  Ender  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.28    5 years ago

I don't think it would be any smoking gun. Just show that he more than likely lied about wealth and covering what he actually paid in taxes.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.31  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @1.2.29    5 years ago
Yeah, I guess I was thinking about corporate taxes.

Even still.  

I'm not a tax guy, but I know none of that stuff is on our 1120.  I think most people probably think it is, and that seeing the returns will prove something, but I suspect most of those folks have never filed a corporate tax return.

I think lots of people have just got an over the top hatred for Trump...which...let's face it....he doesn't help himself much there.  It galls the shit out of them that he's actually the president, and it galls them a little more that he won without releasing his returns.  They can't do anything about the first issue, so they fixate on the second.

For me, I just see it as the left-wing version of the whole birth certificate nonsense.

The quickest way for Democrats to get Trump out of the WH is to simply nominate somebody better, but frankly that's not looking very good.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.32  Ender  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.31    5 years ago

Eh, I have really disliked him before he was president. He was a crooked ass then just like he is now. He had a reputation long before advancing to the office.

Only shows me gullible people will pick showmanship over substance.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.33  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @1.2.30    5 years ago
I don't think it would be any smoking gun. Just show that he more than likely lied about wealth and covering what he actually paid in taxes.

I think that's the most probable outcome.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.34  Ender  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.33    5 years ago

My main problem is more of disclosure. About people writing tax law or signing tax law all the while withholding what is their own. People writing tax law that may benefit those writing it and we would never know or could never prove it as they do not have to disclose.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.35  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @1.2.32    5 years ago
Eh, I have really disliked him before he was president.

I go back to the mid 1980's on that.  

He was a crooked ass then just like he is now. He had a reputation long before advancing to the office. Only shows me gullible people will pick showmanship over substance.

I fear that as a nation we are less intelligent with every passing year.  I presume you've seen "Idiocracy", yes?  I swear we get closer by the week. 

I lose track of the number of people I have conversations with where I catch myself just before I nearly say "you realize you just said that out loud, right?"

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.36  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @1.2.34    5 years ago
My main problem is more of disclosure. About people writing tax law or signing tax law all the while withholding what is their own. People writing tax law that may benefit those writing it and we would never know or could never prove it as they do not have to disclose.

That's a fair point.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.37  Ender  replied to  Jack_TX @1.2.35    5 years ago

Ha. No kidding. I am definitely not the smartest guy around yet some people have me just shaking my head.

What bothers me the most is seemingly intelligent people blinded by pure partisanship, from either side.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2.38  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @1.2.37    5 years ago
What bothers me the most is seemingly intelligent people blinded by pure partisanship, from either side.

Operative word being "seemingly".

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.40  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
According to Forbes.

Forbes isn't documented proof of anything.

Timothy O’Brien author of TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald, which states the Trump's net worth was about $250 million, won a libel suit filed by Trump. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.42  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
So fucking what, I trust Forbes over a left wing low functioning douche bag, whether he won a libel or not

Hey, you want to give Trump credit for what his business 'owns', you be you. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.44  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
Hey, You want to put your faith in a liberal douchebag? You be you.

Nope, I put MY faith in a ruling by the COURTS. Trump LOST, appealed, and LOST again. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.46  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago
And OJ didn't kill Nicole and Ron Brown,  

Yes because civil and criminal law are equivalent. /s

And it's been 14 years since the Liberal Douchebag wrote his screed, I'm sure nothings changed in trumps finances in that time.

Forbes had Trump on their list 14 years ago and lied his way onto the list. 

And the case was dismissed because trump refused to turn over documents, much like now.

Which begs the question; If you're unwilling to provide evidence that you've been libeled, WHY bring a libel case? 

But Liberal douchebag can spike his football.

14 years ago, the 'Liberal douchebag', Donald Trump, didn't spike his football, he lost. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.47  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    5 years ago

What Trump opponents think of America.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Bottom line for me is that, although I am no Trump fan, for all his faults I consider him the lesser of evils compared to what I see coming from the current front running progressive leftist liberal Democrats. Whatever direction the left sees President Trump taking this country in, I believe the progressive lieral left will ultimately be worse for me. I know there are those that will disagree and criticize me for my views and that is just fine with me. We all have the right to our views and I respect anybody else's right to theirs as long as the are willing to reciprocate in kind. Some here will and some will not. That is the beauty of this country. Peace to all.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3    5 years ago

Trump is not morally, ethically, psychologically, or  intellectually fit for the office of president of the United States.  That is the plain truth. Find another candidate. There are thousands of conservatives who would be willing to run. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.1    5 years ago

John, I never said the guy was perfect or a saint. If the GOP can field a suitable candidate to challenge Trump I will certainly consider it. I would even consider a suitable non GOP candidate, but the Democrats just cannot field a candidate at this time that I can agree with. Will just have to wait and see.

lib50
Professor Silent
1.3.3  lib50  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3.2    5 years ago

I find that very sad.  Finding racism, lying, corruption, ignorance, treason, inhumanity, amorality.....acceptable.  How many do we need to look at?  And its worth it because.....tax cuts to the top? (not to the rest, all expiring as we type).  Exploding the deficit for same cuts?  Taking money from military infrastructure and benefits for a vanity wall?  Sticking it to leftists?  Killing health insurance and care for millions?  Making the US a pathetic shadow of its former place as leader of the free world?   Judges that want to own women's reproductive rights?  What is worth it?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  lib50 @1.3.3    5 years ago

Please do not try to put your words in my mouth. Where above did I state that what you said was acceptable? I did not! What is really sad is that because a person has a different viewpoint, others have to condemn because it does not match their myopic worldview.

lib50
Professor Silent
1.3.6  lib50  replied to    5 years ago

Ok, there it is in black and white.   Thanks for being honest.

lib50
Professor Silent
1.3.7  lib50  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3.5    5 years ago

I didn't put words in your mouth, read what I wrote.  I asked whether what you like/support about Trump is worth all the shit he brings down on the country.  Trump defenders/supporters are making a calculation that their positive returns are greater than the negative he brings.  What part of what he does for you is worth all that?  Again, not putting words in anybody's mouth, read the question. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Just saw Trump's performance on the white house driveway today. 

This man is closer to being insane than he is to being a credible president of the United States. 

user image
Freshman Silent
2      5 years ago

Insulting the deplorables didn't work out for progressives last time and it won't this time. [Deleted] Obama can lean over and tell a Russian he will be more flexible after elections and he is still golden in your eyes. You have no standards. You only hate things republicans or Trump does and everybody who isn't a fanatic progressive can see it plain as day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mgQaFlo_p8

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  @2    5 years ago

Bla Bla Bla.     Thanks for proving my point. 

Oh, Obama once mistakenly said there are 57 states. You forgot that one. 

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.1    replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    5 years ago

Don't expect other people to do things that you won't do. If "Obama supporters" didn't think this was worth investigating and still elected him, how can you have an issue with "Trump supporters"? You can't do something and then get mad when other people do it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  @2.1.1    5 years ago

You have no sense of proportion, at all.  

Let me ask you a question .  If Joe Biden did something so horrible in Ukraine, while he was vice president of the United States, why hasnt the US Senate called a hearing about it and investigated Biden and called him to testify? The Senate is controlled by Republicans. Why didnt they do it in the House when they held control there?    They brought Hillary Clinton in to question her three years after Benghazi and after 8 previous hearings, so why didnt they put Biden in front of a hearing about his actions as vice president in Ukraine?   We know why. Because there is no there there and the senators know it. 

Wake up. 

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.3    replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    5 years ago

No because Republicans, unlike Democrats, need actual evidence before they proceed with investigations and hearings and whatever. They need a little more to go off of other than second hand, unverified  information from leakers. They still operate under the premise of innocent until proven guilty. Something liberals have lost sight of in their hatred of Trump and the people they can't get to hate him.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  @2.1.3    5 years ago

So Trump demanded that Ukraine go on a witch hunt against his political opponent. I see. 

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.6    replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    5 years ago

He encouraged him to investigate something illegal that may have occurred. What is the problem with that? You have a problem with justice being applied to all? It's like I said in previous threads, if Biden is innocent then why are he and his buddies so afraid? To quote the Bible that the left loves so much.

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth, but the righteous are bold as a lion."

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.8  It Is ME  replied to  @2.1.6    5 years ago
He encouraged him to investigate something illegal that may have occurred. What is the problem with that?

It's about a "Democrat" .

That's the ONLY problem the "Left" really has about it ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

warmall
Freshman Silent
2.1.9  warmall  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    5 years ago
So Trump demanded that Ukraine go on a witch hunt against his political opponent. I see. 

And also from China. Am I right?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.10  author  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.5    5 years ago
Because there is no there there and the senators know it. 
Rational people are continually trying to tell you and the left that JR

When I said that I was referring to Biden's conduct, not Trump's .

Trump's conduct is the definition of "there there" 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.11  author  JohnRussell  replied to  @2.1.6    5 years ago

Go gaslight someone else, I dont play that game. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.15  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  warmall @2.1.9    5 years ago

Did I not read a more accurate story that Trump had said he "SHOULD" ask for help from China and somewhere else, but that was mistakenly interpreted to be that he DID ask, when he didn't?  The comment I wrote when I saw that was to ask why would China help him when he started a trade war against them. 

By the way, welcome to thenewstalkers.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.17  author  JohnRussell  replied to  warmall @2.1.9    5 years ago
And also from China. Am I right?

Assuming that you can believe your own eyes and ears, yes. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.18  igknorantzrulz  replied to  @2.1.6    5 years ago

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth, but the righteous are bold as a lion."

and some of us can actually determine  the   lion one here

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.19  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.15    5 years ago

Buzz, "should" is a direct suggestion.  A personal direct suggestion is an ask. 

Trump wants it publicly known (where China will hear it)  that he wants China to investigate his election opponent.  Happy now? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.21  author  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.20    5 years ago

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.22  igknorantzrulz  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.20    5 years ago

then tell us what Trump meant, and while your at it, why is he unable to ? tell us himself?

Why do we constantly need an interpreter to know what this clown said ?

give it up parsing words

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.15    5 years ago

'Should or asked'

So there is a difference?

Let's not split hairs here.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.26  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.19    5 years ago

Okay, John, I agree with you because I'm sure that Xi Jinping got the message, so it was about 90% an actual ask even though it was not in a direct communication, but normally "did do" and "should do" have different meanings. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.27  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.11    5 years ago
Go gaslight someone else, I dont play that game. 

So the new definition of "gaslighting" is "asking a perfectly reasonable question that distracts from anti-Trump hysteria".

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.28  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.23    5 years ago

I was trained to "split hairs" in order to be successful in my profession.  I also taught English in a high school for six years.  Normally "did do" and "should do" are not the same, but I agreed with what John replied to me above,. 

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.29  lib50  replied to  @2.1.3    5 years ago
No because Republicans, unlike Democrats, need actual evidence before they proceed with investigations and hearings and whatever.

The fuck?   Benghazi?   Monica?   [Deleted]

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.30  lib50  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.20    5 years ago
Ok JR, post the SPECIFIC quote of President Trump ASKING China for help.

What kind of a stupid question is that?  We all heard it on live tv.  When we get to the truth about phone calls, we'll find out more.  Stop the fucking gaslighting.  TRUMP IS USING THE POWER OF HIS OFFICE FOR PERSONAL GAIN AND USING OUR $$$.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.31  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  lib50 @2.1.30    5 years ago
What kind of a stupid question is that?  We all heard it on live tv.

I don't know who "we" are but you must have been listening to another Schiff parody. You, and they, heard no such request. He never asked them to do anything.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.32  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.28    5 years ago
Normally "did do" and "should do" are not the same, but I agreed with what John replied to me above,. 

If Trump had said "Well Palestine should fire more rockets and missiles at Jerusalem." would you not consider that tacit support for murdering Jews? When Trump said "China should start an investigation into the Bidens." how is that not seen as his attempt to get a foreign country to investigate his political rival? Why the desire to parse hairs over what is a patently obvious violation of his oath of office?

And all this stuff that he claims he wants investigated about Biden happened several years ago, we have had all the same rumors and knowledge about how much Hunter Biden was paid for years now, why would Trump all of a sudden decide this investigation is in the nations interest only AFTER Biden became the front runner for 2020 and was beating Trump in every poll by double digits?

Its blatantly obvious that Trump is using the power of the Presidency and American tax payer dollars as his own campaign opposition research tool in an effort maintain political power, exactly the sort of thing a despot dictator would do.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.34  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.28    5 years ago

Buzz, i am a butcher of the English language, and on an okassion, as in any and every, i'll write in ambiguous muti meaning methods that which could and can, be interpreted by different people, differently, even though the words were the same as the different letters that i make note of, to deliver early notices about late fees i charge early, but only lately, have i begun to prepare positions, that cut to the heart of what doesn't matter in my posts to some, can be found by adding the variables then subtracting the pluses stated as grounds, to impeach a pear of apples that landed very near to the tree was found a hollow bark that rang out from the attack dog of whistleblowers who only hear dog whistles, while strolling through grave yards with grave consequential potential.

so, i believe and thank you for your admission as to the meaning of Trumps words stated, 

and to anyone posting, if one wishes to parse words, anyone posting here, please start with parsing mine.

cause it may be possible for about all to comprehend my inferences, accept me, cause i'm the exception i could never accept, as i'll parse my own words , as i look forwards to misunderstanding my understanding of the meaning of front words, back words, inside words, and even outside words, comprised of letters never written.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.35  Ed-NavDoc  replied to    5 years ago

That certainly was not very difficult.

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.36  lib50  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.31    5 years ago

Yes, he did.  On live tv.  And evidently in phone calls as well.  It was on the air, so why are you trying to deny what we all saw? 

ps, in the Ukraine communications, there IS a quid pro quo.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.1.37  Sunshine  replied to  lib50 @2.1.36    5 years ago
there IS a quid pro quo.

When can we expect impeachment?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.38  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  lib50 @2.1.36    5 years ago
It was on the air, so why are you trying to deny what we all saw? 

When did he ASK them. Specific words please. He was opining that they should. Quit parsing words.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.39  Jack_TX  replied to  lib50 @2.1.29    5 years ago
Monica?

You're really holding up Monica as an "evidence free" investigation?

Forget about the blue dress? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.40  author  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago
Petrie, this moderation is unadulterated bullshit

Perrie is definitely a dish, but not a petrie dish. 

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.43    replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.39    5 years ago

There was evidence for Benghazi as well. There was also evidence that the evidence had been tampered with. The only thing that saved her was comey and his "intent" BS. Most people without the last name of Clinton would be paying for multiple crimes in her situation.

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.45  lib50  replied to    5 years ago

Anyhoo, back to Trump's treason.  Quid pro quo.  Read the emails released overnight.  Then we can talk.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.47  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.32    5 years ago

HOLY SHIT!!!  All I did is make a comment about grammar and what to expect from China and all the American "PATRIOTS" who despise THEIR president start shooting at me.  Damn good thing I'm on the other side of the world.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.48  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.7    5 years ago

Does that mean they put a donut shop in the WH?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.49  MrFrost  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.31    5 years ago
I don't know who "we" are but you must have been listening to another Schiff parody.

Jim, it was on TV, I watched it live.. LOL 

warmall
Freshman Silent
2.1.50  warmall  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.15    5 years ago
Did I not read a more accurate story that Trump had said he "SHOULD" ask for help from China and somewhere else, but that was mistakenly interpreted to be that he DID ask, when he didn't?  The comment I wrote when I saw that was to ask why would China help him when he started a trade war against them. 

Thank. I appreciate your clarification. About trade war. Probably, quid pro quo?

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2  Dulay  replied to  @2    5 years ago
 Obama can lean over and tell a Russian he will be more flexible after elections and he is still golden in your eyes. You have no standards.

Well gee jung, let's DO 'investigate this event.

Does if matter to you WHAT Obama was telling Medvedev he would have more flexibility on? 

Since I'm pretty fucking sure that you wouldn't believe anything a Democrat would say, how about Medvedev himself? 

Did you hear that jung? Obama was talking to Medvedev about the anti-missile defense system'. I HOPE that clears this up for you...

BTFW, it took me 30 seconds to 'investigate' that event. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3  It Is ME    5 years ago

"What Trump Supporters Are Doing To America".....

...…. has been Great for "American citizens" !

I don't really care if it's hurt "Politicians" in D.C. !

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  It Is ME @3    5 years ago

jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    5 years ago

The Old "Gods" in D.C. are so protected these days. jrSmiley_22_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @3    5 years ago

it hurts America,

but again, you 'don't really care'

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.2    5 years ago
it hurts America,

Oh....just be honest for once !

It "Hurts" the dinosaurs in DC only. 

There are more jobs available now, than people that are looking.

The U.S. has 1 million more job openings than unemployed workers

U.S. employers posted nearly 7.6 million open jobs in January, near a record high set in November, a sign that businesses are still hungry for workers despite evidence the economy has slowed. There are now about 1 million more open jobs than unemployed workers. 

Thank Trump for that.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  Jack_TX  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.2    5 years ago
it hurts America, but again, you 'don't really care'

It hasn't.

He's obnoxious.  He's ignorant.  He may be one of the biggest assholes of the last 50 years.

But the primary "hurt" you're describing is the hurt "feelings" of exceedingly soft American liberals who have convinced themselves they have the right to make the rest of us change our behavior because of their emotions.

And no, I 'don't really care' about the feelings of people who can't control their own emotions.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.4  Jack_TX  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.1    5 years ago
Thank Trump for that.

OK...you be honest, too.

The high rate of employment and growth of the economy is due to American businesses kicking ass in a way that the Alabama football team would envy. 

The only thing you can credit Trump for is staying out of the way.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.5  It Is ME  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2.4    5 years ago
The high rate of employment and growth of the economy is due to American businesses kicking ass in a way that the Alabama football team would envy. 

Like they say when it comes to Politics….Simple "Words" can either help or hinder. "For the many" type  executive orders help a bit also. Obama wasn't very "Positive" in his words....Trump "IS" ! It's as simple as that ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Just look at the stock market and just the "Speaking" of Tariffs ! Stocks will go down before anything even occurs. Then Tariffs happen, and stocks go right back up !

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.2.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2.3    5 years ago
But the primary "hurt" you're describing is the hurt "feelings" of exceedingly soft American liberals who have convinced themselves they have the right to make the rest of us change our behavior because of their emotions.

hey Jack, if my words are too difficult for you to comprehend, it in no way, gives you permission, in an attempt to parse them, change what my conveyed meaning was, as your FCKN opinion on MY WORDS is WRONG   yet again

Cause some of US 'don't really care' about people who CAN'T comprehend , or possibly ADMIT, that the damage that a cult of personality can inflict upon a country and society is vast, and your comment states your knowledge    isn't

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.7  Jack_TX  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.2.6    5 years ago
hey Jack, if my words are too difficult for you to comprehend,

Or...more accurately....your bullshit too feeble for you to hide behind.

Cause some of US 'don't really care' about people who CAN'T comprehend , or possibly ADMIT, that the damage that a cult of personality can inflict upon a country and society is vast,

If there was actual damage, you would be giving us numbers to document it.

But there aren't numbers to describe your "feelings".

"Cult of personality" didn't seem to be considered actual damage when it revolved around FDR.  Or Ike.  Or JFK.  Or Reagan.  Or Clinton.  Or Obama.  Or Teddy.  Or Washington himself.

But you go ahead and keep telling us all how it's a problem now because that mean old nasty orange man hurts your feelings.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.8  Jack_TX  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.5    5 years ago
Obama wasn't very "Positive" in his words....Trump "IS" !

That depends very much on one's perspective.

I will grant you that the business community is confident that Trump isn't going to allow legislation to be enacted that makes it more difficult to do business.

Obama lost that with the ACA, and never regained it.

But Trump would be a MUCH more effective president if he would lodge that cell phone in his throat.  That would simultaneously stop him talking and tweeting.  The man is his own worst enemy.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.9  It Is ME  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2.8    5 years ago
But Trump would be a MUCH more effective president if he would lodge that cell phone in his throat. 

Nah !

Nothing us regular folks haven't done time and again !

I find it funny.

Most of the ones that hate it, want him impeached anyway.

Keeps "those types" busy on their "Squirrel Hunt", as he actually gets things done for this country, and for the "Citizens" of this country, that the Oldie Moldies in D.C. haven't seemed to have been able to do.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.2.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2.7    5 years ago

if you are too ignorant to comprehend the damages Trump has done to our country, 

you aren't being honest.

Honest with me, honest to other posters here, and most importantly, Honest to/with yourself.

our condolences.

and to the one who doesn't know Jack, off

to earn some FUN tix, but i will most definitely be entertaining your claim of my feeble bovine excremeant for you, as it's meant for all those too ignorant to see, or accept, the reality of the consequences of those who would elect, accept, and even defend an individual who truly does deserve to LIE in state, as he's lied in  every fckn state of the union striking balls across the bowed chin, up from where within we find you again without, that i don't doubt, you posses an abundance of

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.11  Jack_TX  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.2.10    5 years ago
if you are too ignorant to comprehend the damages Trump has done to our country,

I comprehend them completely.  They are damages to your "feelings".

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4  1stwarrior    5 years ago

I see that you've gone from "fairly" discussable threads to just threads of OTHER PEOPLE'S opinions.

You do know, of course, that opinions are just what one person thinks - and are not covered by FACTS - right?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5  Just Jim NC TttH    5 years ago

"They literally don't care that the president* is overturning the behavorial(sic) mores that have existed in America for hundreds of years."

And THAT is one of the major reasons he was elected. I thought liberals were also progressives in their thinking. Why in the hell would they want to stick with something "hundreds of years" old? Can you answer that?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
6  Dean Moriarty    5 years ago

Trump supporters are on the front lines in the fight against communism and socialism. I might not agree with them on all issues but they are a good and dependable ally in the fight against socialism. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6    5 years ago

My editorial speaks for itself.  There are ZERO standards of behavior OR ethics that (some) Trump supporters apply to their president*. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.1    5 years ago

yea draining the swamp, so the best of the worst can be more easily found, then installing them in his third whirled administration, what a joke of a comment.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.1    5 years ago

Democrats and Republicans can argue and debate over political beliefs or what policies should be enacted , that has always been the case. 

No one should accept a personally corrupt, lying sack of shit, bigot crook and moron as president of the United States. (Some) Trump supporters accept all those things and they give him his political protection to continue the same behavior. THAT is why Trump supporters are the biggest problem in the country. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.1.4  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.3    5 years ago
No one should accept a personally corrupt, lying sack of shit, bigot crook and moron as president of the United States.

LBJ.

Nixon.

Clinton.

Buchanan.

Harding.

It's not like it's a new thing.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.1.5  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.1    5 years ago
Other than rooting out the establishment swamp

Trump made the swamp far, far dirtier. You can't possibly believe this piece of BS you posted - you're not that stupid. That meeting with the Cabinet members all sucking up to Trump was appalling .The corruption his administration has engaged in ... all the unethical people he's brought in .. the industry people and lobbyists he's rewarded ... you call that draining the swamp? I call it even worse behavior than usual by politicians.

freepress
Freshman Silent
7  freepress    5 years ago

With the fake "tea party" base it was never, ever, ever about truth, the Constitution, taxes or patriotism. It has always been about appointing a daddy figurehead who embodies their own bigotry, their fears and their dislikes. Then using that as a way to rule over the majority. It doesn't matter that they were never the true majority, they simply want their own way. They want to "own the libtards" mistakenly believing they can force their personal preferences onto the entire population of America. They don't want to unite, they don't want unity, they don't want to accept the majority believes differently, they just want an authoritarian figurehead who will give them what they want. I has never been patriotism, it has never been the Constitution, it has never been taxes or economic insecurity, just a way to feel superior by tearing it all down in the hopes of forcing their beliefs over everyone.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1  Tessylo  replied to  freepress @7    5 years ago

The tea party was definitely an astroturf movement.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.1    5 years ago

There is no such thing as the teabaggers anymore.   That astroturf movement is dead, dead, dead, like one of their benefactors, whichever Koch brother bit the dust.  Dead, dead, dead. [Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.2    5 years ago

Oh come on!!  The Koch brothers are public figures.  Give me a break!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.3    5 years ago

I'll watch and wait for absolutely fucking nothing from the defunct teabaggers.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.6    5 years ago

Yadda yadda yadda or is it yada  yada yada?

elaine%20yada%20yada.gif

Blah blah blah

giphy.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.6    5 years ago
And watch how defunct they are in 2020.

I haven't much about them since Donny-Boy was elected. Mission accomplished?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.2    5 years ago

That is why they call it a movement.  It goes so far and then stops.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.2  Jack_TX  replied to  freepress @7    5 years ago
They want to "own the libtards" mistakenly believing they can force their personal preferences onto the entire population of America.

Riiiight.  Because we should be forcing the personal preferences of liberals onto the entire population of America.....  *eyeroll*

lib50
Professor Silent
7.2.1  lib50  replied to  Jack_TX @7.2    5 years ago
Because we should be forcing the personal preferences

Is that anything like forcing all women to adhere to men's/employers preferences in (lack of )reproductive freedom?  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.2.2  Jack_TX  replied to  lib50 @7.2.1    5 years ago
Is that anything like forcing all women to adhere to men's/employers preferences in (lack of )reproductive freedom? 

I never cease to be amazed at how modern "feminists" have convinced themselves that their rights can be taken away by a co-pay.  Or that "not buying something" for them equates to "denying access".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Jack_TX @7.2.2    5 years ago
I never cease to be amazed at how modern "feminists" have convinced themselves that their rights can be taken away by a co-pay.  Or that "not buying something" for them equates to "denying access"

Excellent observations.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jack_TX @7.2.2    5 years ago

How do you feel about medical insurance paying for Viagra?

lib50
Professor Silent
7.2.5  lib50  replied to  Jack_TX @7.2.2    5 years ago

It never ceases to amaze me how many men think what a woman's insurance covers as part of her full physical health is any of their business.    Forcing everybody to pay for their impotence but denying women the right deal with the consequences of same meds.   I am really glad the younger generations realize what conservatives want to take from women.  That constituency  of old men won't last forever, how many will go before they get to vote next year? 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.2.6  Jack_TX  replied to  lib50 @7.2.5    5 years ago
It never ceases to amaze me how many men think what a woman's insurance covers as part of her full physical health is any of their business. 

So your employer is just supposed to buy you something without regard to what it covers?  Seems irresponsible and idiotic on several levels.

Forcing everybody to pay for their impotence but denying women the right deal with the consequences of same meds.

Since you're charging further down Melodrama Lane at full speed, explain exactly how your rights are being denied.  Do tell.  

Out of curiosity, does this whole entitled female thing extend beyond contraceptives?  Like...if we don't buy you a Mercedes are we "denying your right" to one?  Is there any point at which you get "empowered" enough to actually pay for your own stuff?

I am really glad the younger generations realize what conservatives want to take from women.  That constituency  of old men won't last forever, how many will go before they get to vote next year? 

Clearly, you have not met Generation Z.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jack_TX @7.2.6    5 years ago

Do you buy your own boner pills?

Women are only asking for health care. Birth control is a part of health care, in case you didn't know that. Planned Parenthood takes birth control into account when a woman goes there for health care services. And those health care services really do include blood pressure screening and PAP smears. PAP smears, in case you didn't know that either, are extremely important to women, especially women in their reproductive years.

We can buy our own Mercedes, although I'd rather have a Mini Cooper, but that's irrelevant. We just want the health care that we're paying our premiums for.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.2.8  Jack_TX  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.4    5 years ago
How do you feel about medical insurance paying for Viagra?

Completely opposed.  

I am completely in favor of it paying for birth control, BTW.  

But the idea that free or subsidized birth control is some sort of "right" for women is just idiotic nonsense.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Jack_TX @7.2.8    5 years ago

That free or subsidized birth control is not a 'right' for women to me is just idiotic nonsense.

THERE WOULD BE FAR LESS ABORTIONS THAT WAY.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.2.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.9    5 years ago

Thanks for demonstrating you have no idea what a "right" is. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.2.11  Jack_TX  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.7    5 years ago
Do you buy your own boner pills?

If I needed them I would expect to buy them myself.  They are not medically necessary.  

Women are only asking for health care. Birth control is a part of health care, in case you didn't know that.

I fully support health plans covering contraceptives.  What I oppose is asinine militant hyperbolic bullshit claiming women have a "right" to make other people pay for their stuff.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.2.12  Jack_TX  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.9    5 years ago

Absolutely.  

That still doesn't make it a "right".

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jack_TX @7.2.11    5 years ago
What I oppose is asinine militant hyperbolic bullshit claiming women have a "right" to make other people pay for their stuff.

I'm not seeing that. What I'm hearing is women saying..."Look. I'm paying $500 a month for this coverage. I think birth control/contraceptives should be covered under my plan. Whaddaya mean it's against your religion?"

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.2.14  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.9    5 years ago

"Masturbation never got anybody pregnant, does not make anybody go crazy, and what we're about is preventing HIV in our bright young people." 

"[On masturbation:] I think that it is part of human sexuality, and perhaps it should be taught." 

Joycelyn Elders

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.2.15  Jack_TX  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.13    5 years ago
I'm not seeing that.

I would respectfully submit comments 7.2.1 and 7.2.5 as examples.

What I'm hearing is women saying..."Look. I'm paying $500 a month for this coverage. I think birth control/contraceptives should be covered under my plan. Whaddaya mean it's against your religion?"

Which is entirely sane and reasonable, (although they're not generally the ones paying the $500, their employers are). 

But do you actually hear women saying that?  Because 99.9% of health plans cover contraceptives.  Even Hobby Lobby covers contraceptives.  Even Catholic plans that don't cover contraceptives DO cover the exact same medications when prescribed for hormone therapy.

Contraceptive coverage reduces claims and keeps premiums down.  That's just a well established actuarial fact.  They reduce absences and disability claims, as well.  Employers love lower premiums, so almost all of them cover contraceptives.

Religious organizations do not have to offer contraceptive coverage if it violates their beliefs.  For small employer plans, the insurance company has to step in and offer the coverage at no cost to the employer...which they're happy to do because it's cheaper than paying to deliver babies.  So even if the exemption is granted....those women are still getting 100% free contraception.

But somewhere along the way a very tiny group of very crazy women convinced themselves that some great injustice was occurring and that any woman who has to buy her own birth control is having her "rights" violated.  It's ignorant and asinine.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jack_TX @7.2.15    5 years ago

Uh, yeah, where I work, the plan most people get, they pay upwards of $500 a month for a family. The employer doesn't cover all of it

And when did Hobby Lobby start covering contraceptives? I thought that was one of thing they were against, especially BCPs because they believe them to be abortifacients, just like the Catholic Church does.

As for the comments above, I disagree. I don't believe that is "radical, militant, feminism". We just want what we pay for, same as you

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.2.17  Jack_TX  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.16    5 years ago
Uh, yeah, where I work, the plan most people get, they pay upwards of $500 a month for a family. The employer doesn't cover all of it

Family, yes.  I was referring to the employee portion.  $500 is about the national average for employer based plans.

And when did Hobby Lobby start covering contraceptives? I thought that was one of thing they were against, especially BCPs because they believe them to be abortifacients, just like the Catholic Church does.

They have offered "non-abortificant" contraceptives for many years.  Their objection centers around IUDs and morning after pills, which they claim disrupt the pregnancy after it's started.  The Green family has stated publicly they have no objection to other contraceptives.

The Catholic Church is more strict.  

As for the comments above, I disagree. I don't believe that is "radical, militant, feminism". We just want what we pay for, same as you

We don't disagree on what you "want".  The issue at hand is what you have a "right" to.  It's a very important distinction.

lib50
Professor Silent
7.2.18  lib50  replied to  Jack_TX @7.2.11    5 years ago

'You' paying for women's contraception is no different than ME paying for your medicine, be it Viagra, insulin, sealis or any other medicine/prescription.  What part of that don't you get?  You are separating female reproductive physiology from the rest of their physiology, which is so asinine and patronizing I can't let it go.  When women have a say with what happens with your dick, get back to us.

charger 383
Professor Silent
7.2.19  charger 383  replied to  lib50 @7.2.18    5 years ago

I agree with you on that.  Birth control is a medicine the same as all other medicines 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.2.20  Jack_TX  replied to  lib50 @7.2.18    5 years ago
'You' paying for women's contraception is no different than ME paying for your medicine, be it Viagra, insulin, sealis or any other medicine/prescription.

Well...when I start complaining that having to buy my own antihistamines is a "taking away my rights" or "denying my access", then we'll be on equal dipshit footing.

What part of that don't you get?

I understand it all quite well, I assure you.  You believe your "rights" are being denied if somebody doesn't buy you something.

You are separating female reproductive physiology from the rest of their physiology, which is so asinine and patronizing I can't let it go.  When women have a say with what happens with your dick, get back to us.

You're pretending you don't understand the point at hand and throwing a tantrum to hide the fact your views make no sense.  I'll consider that your concession on the "rights" question. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.2.21  Jack_TX  replied to  charger 383 @7.2.19    5 years ago
I agree with you on that.  Birth control is a medicine the same as all other medicines 

Absolutely.  

So does it "violate your rights" or "deny your access" if you have to buy your own Tylenol?  

charger 383
Professor Silent
7.2.22  charger 383  replied to  Jack_TX @7.2.21    5 years ago

regularTylenol is over the counter medicine, prescribed medicines should be covered

Birth control is cost effective, it saves far more money than it costs

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.2.23  Jack_TX  replied to  charger 383 @7.2.22    5 years ago
Birth control is cost effective, it saves far more money than it costs

Of course.

That still doesn't make it a "right".  Nor does a co-pay mean that we've entered some sort of Handmaid's Tale dystopia.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

What Trump supporters are doing to the country?????

Imagine a police officer cancelling a fundraiser for the family of a FALLEN POLICE OFFICER because Republicans were invited....Literally denying aid to widows and orphans to avoid dealing

with fellow Americans who think differently then they do. 

This is sick stuff...

katrix
Sophomore Participates
8.2  katrix  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    5 years ago

Typical Trump supporter - twisting what actually happened.

Scott Baio was invited to speak. He claimed that the Sandy Hook shootings were a hoax, and claimed that Obama is either a Muslim or a Muslim sympathizer. Who would want an event to honor fallen soldiers politicized by an asshole like that? Why would you want the widows and children subjected to someone who says this kind of crap? If someone this loony from the left had been invited, I'd feel the same way.

Joy Villa has also proven herself unable to keep her political views out of her appearances - again, why insult the widows and children by having someone there who is going to politicize their pain?

You're upset because these people simply didn't want this event to be politicized.

As the event began to materialize, we became concerned with the behavior of some of the organizers of the event. Although I believe the organizers had good intentions, the event was moving in a direction we no longer felt comfortable supporting.

I would have felt the same way if Chachi were showing up.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  katrix @8.2    5 years ago

Try and understand what's going on. I didn't "twist" anything. Whether you understand it or not, you've just proven what I wrote was correct. 

All you did is provide a justification  the cancellation of a charity event because you think it's better for widows and orphans to suffer financially then allow Scott Baio to speak in public.  I'm sure the orphans will gladly suffer so you  aren't exposed to mean ole Scott Baio. Mighty brave of you to dictate to  orphans whose money they can accept and whose they must reject. 

I've attended fundraisers with people I find noxious, because I'm not a fanatic and recognize that the recipients are more important than ideological purity.  But  again, I'm not a fanatic.  In fact, most rational people understand that  those who've transgressed by word or action  help make up for it by doing good deeds, like helping raise funds for the family of a fallen police officer. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
8.2.2  Sunshine  replied to  katrix @8.2    5 years ago
I would have felt the same way if Chachi were showing up

Well it wasn't for you.

"Chachi" and the fallen officer went to church together, I highly doubt the officer or his family cared about "Chachi's political views.  

The only person "politicizing" the event was the Chief having his temper tantrum over speakers he didn't like.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
9  lady in black    5 years ago

politics-best-brightest-56d28c3e3df78cfb37cf5812.jpg

thumb_if-you-could-reason-withtrump-supporters-ence-tr-there-wouldnt-45146810.png

liksl1sbavxy.jpg

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
10  Nerm_L    5 years ago

People who have lived privileged lives are offended by Trump's behavior and language.  But that behavior and language is all too common in workplaces where the less than privileged must work.  Working folks are better able to understand Trump.  Trump is more direct and that makes Trump more authentic.  Privileged people only understand passive aggressive behavior and language; that's the behavior and language adopted by most Democrats. 

Believe it or not, Trump actually shows more respect for people than do Democrats because Trump tells people what he thinks instead of telling people what they want to hear.  Trump isn't passive aggressive as are most politicians. 

Even now Democrats are trying to coax the public to fight their political battle for them.  That's passive aggressive behavior.  Trump, on the other hand, is not bleating for public support or urging the public to fight on his behalf.  Trump is meeting the Democrats head on, teeth and claws, and fighting his own fight.  Trump is authentic, Democrats are not.

Support for Trump is a cultural distinction that Democrats simply do not understand and obviously do not want to understand.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
10.1  lady in black  replied to  Nerm_L @10    5 years ago

I am working folk and that language is NOT used where I work.  Crooked Donny is a bully and a blowhard

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @10.1    5 years ago

Bullying and name calling is definitely not allowed where I work

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.1    5 years ago

tRump is the biggest, fattest, stupidest, cowardliest, pussy ass bitch, boss in the world.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.1    5 years ago

Where I work, one time, one of my co-workers said (she wanted me to hear) (My office manger was in the office as well at the time) something about 'those bitches' (referring to me and another co-worker).  

When I mentioned something to my office manager about it, how I didn't appreciate being called a bitch, this co-worker confronted my boss about it, said she didn't call anyone bitches (basically) and that my complaint about it was a lie.  

She came another time to my office manager all apologetic about it and how everyone was against her, and how woe is me, and wanted her support and my office manager said, you lied to me about this and now you're asking for my support?

I said I would let it slide but next time I would lodge a formal complaint with Human Resources.  

Another bully.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.2    5 years ago
tRump is the biggest, fattest, stupidest, cowardliest, pussy ass bitch, boss in the world.

Do you talk like that at work?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.4    5 years ago

Acceptable coming from a liberal and unacceptable coming from a conservative?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.4    5 years ago

Maybe the one actually was an employee of his ? jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.4    5 years ago

What a stupid question.  elaine%20yada%20yada.gif giphy.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.7    5 years ago

It would shed some light on your comment at 10.1.3

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.1    5 years ago

I doubt you would tolerate a disabled co worker being made fun of either.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.1.10  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.1.9    5 years ago

But, there are some [deleted that think] the memes mocking and making fun of handicapped people is hilarious. I have to wonder if they would have the balls to show that to a similarly handicapped person and laugh their heads off in real life.

Err.....come to think of it, some of them are very likely the kind of people who would do just that. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.11  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @10.1.10    5 years ago

They are the ones who thought when Trump mocked the disabled reporter was freaking hilarious.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.1.12  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.1.11    5 years ago
when Trump mocked the disabled reporter was freaking hilarious.

Yes, I remember that. Very civilized and considerate people. Right? ?? 

I often wonder what they would do if they woke up one morning and find themselves or one of their own family in the same condition. Would they still think it is hilarious and laugh their heads off? ??

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.1.9    5 years ago

I absolutely would not. I always told my kids that if I heard they were making fun of a handicapped kid at school I would knock them into next week.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.2  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @10    5 years ago

No 'president' should use that type of behavior and language.

It's unprecedented.

There is no bar too low for the republicants.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @10.2    5 years ago

Hear is Mr. Clean almost talking in public like he thinks............and probably says in private.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.2.1    5 years ago
Hear is Mr. Clean almost talking in public like he thinks............and probably says in private.

does he grab em by the PUSSY ?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.2.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  igknorantzrulz @10.2.2    5 years ago

Does anyone? And before you start with the tape bullshlt, who has come forward and said he actually grabbed their pussy?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.2.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.2.3    5 years ago

well, haven't about `7 say he sexually assaulted them, he was named a co defendant with Epstein on an underage brape charge, and actuall, i don't think he was Lying for once

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.2.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.2.3    5 years ago

Trump did.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.2.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.2.1    5 years ago

At least he knows when to speak in private as opposed to Capt. Diarrhea of the mouth who just blurts it out.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Nerm_L @10    5 years ago

Support for Trump is a cultural distinction that Democrats simply do not understand and obviously do not want to understand.

Trump is a cult of personality leader, that ALL should be concerned about, and will be studied by many.

He is a lying traitorous Liar, and is being brought down, and should have been brought down long ago. Putin played US and him, like a puppet on a string.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.4  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @10    5 years ago

81c0846f8b940d6bc2c914576235841e

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @10    5 years ago

LOL. What gobbledygook. 

Social media and the internet has made boorish, idiotic behavior mainstream.  Trump is capitalizing on that and the profound ignorance of some of his supporters. He is actually "playing" them, although many of them dont understand it. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
10.5.1  Sunshine  replied to  JohnRussell @10.5    5 years ago

Thank goodness they have you.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.5.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sunshine @10.5.1    5 years ago

Some Trump supporters need something. They are struggling with reality. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
10.5.3  Sunshine  replied to  JohnRussell @10.5.2    5 years ago

You will show them the way.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10.5.4  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @10.5    5 years ago
Social media and the internet has made boorish, idiotic behavior mainstream.

Now your gettin' it !

Kids with "Crook Neck" is kinda ugly ! jrSmiley_55_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.5.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @10.5    5 years ago

He does love the uneducated.  He said so himself.

Dulay
Professor Expert
10.7  Dulay  replied to  Nerm_L @10    5 years ago
Privileged people only understand passive aggressive behavior and language; that's the behavior and language adopted by most Democrats. 

Oh please DO give me an example of passive aggressive behavior and/or language by Democrats. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12  Tessylo    5 years ago

Think of what could have been accomplished if this 'president' and his administration and his cabinet would have/could have been doing other than furthering their own interests and those of their benefactors?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
12.1  katrix  replied to  Tessylo @12    5 years ago

Think of all the time he spends watching TV and then tweeting madly about whatever he just watched on TV ... rather than actually doing his job. Imagine if he weren't always playing golf and visiting his resorts.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  katrix @12.1    5 years ago

At one of his 'rallies' he told the crowd "I've got nothing to do" which is quite literally obviously true.  He's not doing anything else, 'presidential' or otherwise.

PJ
Masters Quiet
13  PJ    5 years ago

These are precedent setting times.  The republicans should remember that they will not be in power forever and these new rules they are establishing as they trample on the Constitution will also be available to the democrats when they come into power.  They have no credibility when it comes to the Constitution, religion, the debt, or national security and it seems like everyday the list grows.  They have no platform outside of worshiping at the feet of Donald Trump.  They have no shame, no honor.  When history is written this will be a dark time in our country because of what the republicans have allowed to happen without question or concern.

I am sick to see this happening to my country at the hands of those I used to consider fellow countrymen. 

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1  Ender  replied to  PJ @13    5 years ago

That is what blows me away. All the things they allow him to get away with. It is not like he is going to be in the office forever.

They are letting him set norms that others could/would follow.

Of course I can picture them, once trump is out they will return to complaining about others gaming the system. When they set the precedent.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @13.1    5 years ago

You all tell us this after all the crap Obama did to us?  

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.3  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.1    5 years ago

I have a title for a book. Don't tell anyone cause I don't want it stolen.

It is...Obama, the unseen harm.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
13.1.4  al Jizzerror  replied to  XXJefferson51 @13.1.1    5 years ago
all the crap Obama did to us?

Yeah, I forgot "all the crap Obama did to us."

After declaring Sharia Law Obama forced us to get abortions, marry homosexuals and the he took our guns!

And, no, Obama never said that shit. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
13.1.5  bugsy  replied to  al Jizzerror @13.1.4    5 years ago
And, no, Obama never said that shit. 

Especially the "Put on a fucking uniform and serve this country" part. He hates the military so there is no way he would serve his country in this way.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
14  MrFrost    5 years ago

Maybe an intern can give trump a blowjob in the WH, then the GOP will be all for impeaching trump. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.1  Dulay  replied to  MrFrost @14    5 years ago

Impeachment isn't just for blowjobs anymore...

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
14.2  Raven Wing  replied to  MrFrost @14    5 years ago
then the GOP will be all for impeaching trump.

Never happen. They would just claim that the white spots on the dress was simply drool over how handsome Trump is.  /s jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
14.2.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Raven Wing @14.2    5 years ago
Never happen.

You're right.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
15  al Jizzerror    5 years ago
First of all , I am not talking about all Trump supporters. Some of them, I assume, are good people. But the conservatives haven't sent us their best.

The opening paragraph of this article reminds me of how The Donald opened his campaign. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
16  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

Here’s what Trump and his supporters have done to America!  

Democrats are wrong. Middle-class incomes surging – thanks to Trump policies

A Message from  TIME

19 hours ago

The latest Census Bureau Current Population Survey data now show that middle-class incomes, after adjusting for inflation, have surged by $5,003 since Donald Trump became president in January 2017. Median household income has now reached $65,976 – an all-time high and up more than 8 percent in 2019 dollars under the Trump presidency.

This data was compiled by the statisticians at Sentier Research, an economic research group whose founders have more than 30 years of experience at the Census Bureau in analyzing the monthly income numbers.

STEVE-MOORE-Total-Household-Income-Gains.png?ve=1&tl=1

I reported last week in the Wall Street Journal that real median family incomehad soared by $4,146 under Trump through July 2019. The just-released August numbers from Sentier show a huge monthly gain of $857 in income per household.

MIKE HUCKABEE: TRUMP ECONOMY IS DELIVERING HIGHER INCOMES AND RECORD EMPLOYMENT FOR AMERICANS

These numbers contrast sharply with the 16 years prior to Trump’s presidency. In the eight years that George W. Bush was president, median income barely showed any gain, up just $401 thanks to the deep recession of 2008.

In the seven and a half years that Barack Obama was president, and not including the end of the recession, which Obama inherited, incomes inched up by $1,043 (June 2009 – January 2019). This means that in the 16 years before the Trump presidency, incomes rose by about $1,500 while in less than three years middle incomes have risen three times faster.

b768ba0f-STEVE-MOORE-BUSH-OBAMA-TRUMP-CHART.png?ve=1&tl=1

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR OPINION NEWSLETTER

The contrast is even sharper when measured on a monthy basis. The monthly rise in incomes under Bush was $4. That number was $11 under Obama and $161 under Trump.

These income numbers are PRE-TAX, so they do NOT include the impact of the Trump tax cut. The Heritage Foundation estimates that the average household has saved $1,400 a year on their federal taxes from the 2017 Trump tax cut. This means many working-class families now have a $6,000 higher after-tax, and after-inflation paycheck today.

These surges in income, especially in the last several months, have occurred at exactly the time when many liberal economists and media talking heads were shouting “recession.” In reality middle-class families were enjoying a near-unprecedented income windfall and “the gains in income levels in recent months,” Sentier reports, “have been accelerating.“

These surges in income, especially in the last several months, have occurred at exactly the time when many liberal economists and media talking heads were shouting “recession.”

These higher wage and salary incomes are no doubt related to the very tight labor market, which has given workers new bargaining power to ask for higher pay. Today there are more than seven million unfilled jobs in America – the highest number of surplus jobs in American history.

CLICK HERE FOR THE ALL-NEW FOXBUSINESS.COM

These latest income numbers also squarely contradict the claims by Democratic presidential candidates, such as former Vice President Joe Biden and Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, who claim that all the gains from the Trump economy have gone to the rich and large corporations. Warren claimed earlier this year that workers had to work "two or three or four jobs" just to keep their incomes from falling.

No, this has been one of the biggest middle-class success stories in modern times, and it is a testament to the success of the Trump tax, regulatory and energy policies.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE BY STEVE MOORE

Stephen "Steve" Moore is a Fox News contributor. An economic consultant with Freedom Works, Moore previously wrote on the economy and public policy for The Wall Street Journal.