╌>

House Republicans storm secret impeachment hearing; Schiff reportedly gets up and leaves with the witness

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  5 years ago  •  541 comments

House Republicans storm secret impeachment hearing; Schiff reportedly gets up and leaves with the witness
“Let us in!!”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Decrying a lack of transparency in House Democrats’ impeachment process against President Donald Trump, House Republicans gathered in the basement of the Capitol Wednesday morning to demand entry into proceedings they’ve been barred from thus far. And they reportedly got in.

At a press conference outside the SCIF, dozens of Republican representatives announced that they would seek to gain entry to the secure room — in which the Democrats of the three committees behind the current impeachment push were conducting a deposition — by demanding to be let in as a group.
SCIF stands for Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility. It’s a secure room where classified intelligence and other secret information is discussed. Congress’ SCIF is where much of House Democrats’ investigation has so far taken place and where Republicans not on the investigating committees have not been allowed to enter.

“If behind those doors they intend to overturn the results of an American presidential election, we want to know what’s going on,” Rep. Matt Gaetz said while pointing to the SCIF entrance.

“And it’s only reasonable that we would have questions,” Gaetz added, noting that the impeachment probe has thus far “been marked by secret interviews, selective leaks, weird theatrical performances of transcripts that never happened, and lies about contacts with a whistleblower.” Gaetz’s last two examples were a specific reference to Schiff’s conduct in recent weeks, for which he recently dodged a censure effort brought by House Republicans.

“You should be outraged if  you’re an American at what’s happening here,” said House Freedom Caucus Chairman Andy Biggs, R-Ariz. “You should be allowed to confront your accusers; this is being held behind closed doors for a reason — because they don’t want you to see what the witnesses are like.”

“This is a Soviet-style impeachment process,” Biggs added. “I don’t care whether you are the president of the United States or any other citizens of this country: You should be allowed to confront your witnesses.”
According to a senior GOP source who witnessed what happened next, the group went into the anteroom of the SCIF and chanted, “Let us in” outside the door guarded by Capitol Police. After that, the source says, the door opened, someone grabbed it, and a group of Republican members forced their way in.

After members attempted to sit in on the closed-door testimony that was occurring, “Chairman Schiff immediately left with the witness,” Rep. Michael Waltz, R-Fla., told reporters while flanked by a handful of other House Republicans.

The secrecy of the three committees’ investigation has drawn an immense amount of criticism from GOP lawmakers since last week, when members were first turned away from impeachment proceedings. Schiff has defended the clandestine process by comparing it to a grand jury.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

Unfreakingbelievable.  

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2  Ender  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

Hilarious that he has the nerve to bring up "soviet style".

They are just pissed because they can't run to trump to tell him what is going on.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @1.2    5 years ago
Hilarious that he has the nerve to bring up "soviet style".

It's ironic and maddening

JBB
Professor Principal
1.3  JBB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

Shouldn't we probably be considering the conservative source and the conservative author and the almost exclusively conservative viewpoints provided by this one peculiar very slanted article? And, don't you think it might be prudent to consider all of that and ask a few questions? 

There are gop committee members authorized to be participating in these hearings. But, it seems that for the most part they have boycotted most of the proceedings, so far. This all sounds like a stunt staged by the goppers to distract from the very damning bits of information we are getting drip by drip in leaks. The word is that it is all really really really BAD...for Trump. I suppose we are all going to get the rest of the story pretty quickly now. The last few Democrats who were holdouts on impeachment are firebreathing pro-impeachment advocates now after hearing what they have about Trump & Co's illegal activities this time. Vegas odds are going up hourly now that Trump IS Toast...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @1.3    5 years ago

giphy.webp?cid=790b76115ffb75d6707bbc32b48c4280b45f5619e6381526&rid=giphy.webp

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.2  Dulay  replied to  JBB @1.3    5 years ago
 But, it seems that for the most part they have boycotted most of the proceedings, so far. 

I don't think they are, but they ARE laying low. None of them are hitting the mics at the end of the day. I think it's to gaslight Trump sycophants into believing that they're being blocked.

The irony is, if the transcripts are released, it will prove just how much they did participate, the questions they asked and the statements they made. I read somewhere that Nunes was obsessing over the Steele Dossier during the Sondland deposition. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.3  CB  replied to  JBB @1.3    5 years ago

Couldn't happen to a stupider jerk. Trump tries to play 'hardball' and break good people.Without a care to the outcome of the Kurds, who supported us, this dumbass president heard their plight and looked at the spot they were in—and still threw them out into the proverbial street all because he needed the political 'clout' he imagined he could collect from pretending to end the conflict in Syria. What a loser. He does not even realize it yet - that our spoken convention: "These colors don't run ." Just got a quick kick in its butt! 

th?id=OIP.TASlx_VqRvLW6XpjztHXJgHaF2&w=2       These colors just th?id=OIP.hquvjUS2yvPzuufRPOTyhgAAAA&w=1 'booked'!

Of course, people are going to get fed up and push back. Donlad can't (and he won't be allowed to) punk us all!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.5  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago
Trump IS Toast...

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
1.3.6  NV-Robin6  replied to  CB @1.3.3    5 years ago

I've  got to tell you, even though we are not on the same planet when it comes to realism, you are a good guy to whom I respect about recognition about what is really recognizing what is going on in today's world.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3.7  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.5    5 years ago

JBB
Professor Principal
1.3.8  JBB  replied to    5 years ago

It has gotten way way way worse for Trump these last few days which is why the damn gop in Congress has been reduced to staging such ridiculous stunts. Of course the testimony has been secret, so far. We have gotten generalized reports though and it ain't good...For TRUMP! Many persons very close to The President of the United States of America are now coming forward in droves to give more and more damning testimony agaisnt The President of the United States putting themselves and their families into imminent danger from The President of the United States if The President of the United States is to be taken at his murderous word. Trump has been threatening the witnesses which is criminal abuse of power and impeachable in and of itself alone...

TRUMP IS TOAST!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.9  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.7    5 years ago

MSNBC Election Night State Calls 2016

I think most people are aware of the results of the 2016 election. Not sure why you think this is relevant. But since you went down that road, how about posting those midterm results? 

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
1.3.10  cobaltblue  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.9    5 years ago
But since you went down that road, how about posting those midterm results? 

I like how Trump handed us Congress. He's the worst thing to have happened to the republican party. He can't even keep his mouth shut in order to stop giving those of us who believe in the Constitution ammunition. How many times has he shot himself in his spurred foot? His supporters should write him and tell him to learn some self control. That's the best thing he could do at this point for his constituency. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.11  CB  replied to  NV-Robin6 @1.3.6    5 years ago

Thank you. Thursday was a 'hell of a day' for me as I was off and on my system. I just saw this one around 11 PM Pacific Time. 'Preciate you!

FYI, I have been warned that I might be off-line as needed to diminish chance of wildfires starting Friday leading into the weekend. This is serious. All the same, I will respond accordingly what occurs.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.12  MrFrost  replied to  cobaltblue @1.3.10    5 years ago
He's the worst thing to have happened to the republican party.

Truth. And one of the best things to happen to the DNC. The right keeps bleating that trump won "x" number of counties, the entire nation is behind him, etc.. But....the midterms prove otherwise. In my opinion, the nutters are way too over confident coming into 2020. IF trump is allowed to run in 2020, I doubt it will be an easy win for trump as his supporters keep telling us. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.13  MrFrost  replied to  CB @1.3.11    5 years ago

FYI, I have been warned that I might be off-line as needed to diminish chance of wildfires starting Friday leading into the weekend. This is serious. All the same, I will respond accordingly what occurs.

Just stay safe CB. 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.3.15  Don Overton  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.7    5 years ago

You just proved you are a republican.  Living in the past

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
1.3.16  NV-Robin6  replied to  CB @1.3.11    5 years ago

I'm sickened for my California neighbors! I'm from Northern Cali. Or at least familial wise, was born there, but raised in WA State since early childhood. It blows me away to see this. Damn you for not sweeping the forest floors! Jk.🤪

Wishing you all the best! Be safe. Get back to us when you can.  We will be here looking for you. :-)

I'm  Realtor in Western WA.  Much migration north now. Every single sale is highly competitive.  Many migrating out of AZ as well.

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.17  CB  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.13    5 years ago

Thanks Mr. Frost! I have had a "series" of notifications, but no line outages yet. I hate to talk about it (don't want to jinx it). I do offer up prayers for those people who are actually dealing with these fires! So many troubles!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.3.18  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  CB @1.3.11    5 years ago

I live in so cal (SFV) and while some of the fires are close to me, they aren't close enough for me to worry for now.  I am hoping that you and your friends  remain safe

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.19  CB  replied to  NV-Robin6 @1.3.16    5 years ago

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! So far a lot more nervous looking out than power outages or fires for me! Sorry, it is taking me a bit to keep up with this fast-moving "article"! See what I did there at the end. LOL!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.3.20  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  CB @1.3.19    5 years ago

It's all good my friend.

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.21  CB  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.3.18    5 years ago

I am wishing you wellness and good wishes too! So far so good! We are awaiting what is supposed to be the worst of the winds Saturday night into Sunday. Hopefully, we won't be knocked off the grid, in which case, all of this would have been an observation exercise for me. We are not yet participants! This qoes to the adage: Location. Location. Location.

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
1.3.22  NV-Robin6  replied to  CB @1.3.19    5 years ago

Just do what what is absolutely necessary for your safety. Everything else is material. Life is not. I'm here wishing the best for y'all in the midst of this hell on earth. I can't even imagin My sister lived in Paradise. She was gone before, but wow, how devastating. To see a community she relished in gone overnight..!  Nova's Megafire coverage is pretty revealing as to the facts of how and why this happens. Thinking about you CB! 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.23  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.7    5 years ago

Were you sad that the candidate that you voted for lost Xx? 

CB
Professor Principal
1.3.24  CB  replied to  NV-Robin6 @1.3.22    5 years ago

Still 'hanging in here' despite all the warnings we have been given. I don't know if/when. We still have electrical power (10:40 PST) and its loss may be the worse of it for us should it come.

Thanks for the well wishes. Really, thanks NV-Robin6 and all others! My prayers go out for all those who are going through immediate blackouts and who are being burnt out of home and hearth!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.4  Ronin2  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

Yes, the Democrats are.

This is what happens with secret closed door questioning where the Democrats get to decide who to question, when, where, and all the questions that are asked.

It is unfreakingbelievable that the left that supports this shit now will scream murder when the Republicans turn the table on the next Democratic president. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.4.2  Dulay  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4    5 years ago
This is what happens with secret closed door questioning

Ya, they're so secret that they are announced in press releases by the Intel Committee. 

where the Democrats get to decide who to question, when, where, and all the questions that are asked.

Actually, the Chairmen are calling all relevant witnesses, Trump is trying to keep some of them from appearing. 

BTFW, GOP members of the Committees can ask all the questions they want. Don't let them gaslight you. 

It is unfreakingbelievable that the left that supports this shit now will scream murder when the Republicans turn the table on the next Democratic president. 

I support the Congress following the Constitution and the House rules. Why don't you? 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.4.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4    5 years ago

As a Democrat once said said, ...

Elections have consequences. And at the end of the day, I won. So I think on that one I trump you.

He also encouraged people to punish their enemies and reward their friends.

Karma can be a b*tch.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.4  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4    5 years ago

Do you want the truth or not?! What is your game? Why confront us with this BS about the next democratic president being abused as if to imply that all presidents are now: TRUMP.

Well Donald Trump is a peculiar kind of ass. It is being revealed that one thing Trump is, is a man who has been in our faces since day one of coming down the escalator. He won't shut up! He won't cut us a break on the noise! He won't stop 'bludgeoning' himself with Twitter and his big fat mouth!

As the old saying goes and I paraphrase: 'It would be whole lot harder to know what a peculiar fool he is if he was quieter.'

He is not. Your insult machine has been doing his shtick 24/7 nonstop every since he took the inaugural oath!  The Oath! Which undoubtedly he has been lying on every since raising his right hand.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.5  CB  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.4.3    5 years ago

So can payback. Trump is getting some of his just desserts. You should be offended at Trump's shadow government. What does Trump have to hide? After all he has upfront control over the lot of us - all we ask is that he follow the law! And old 'butt-russ' couldn't even do that. He had to pushing it until he got caught with a hand in the Ukraine's President 'drawers' by the long arm of the law!

You don't have a leader in Trump. You are offended at him for getting caught with his hands clutching an unsanctioned, improper, and impeachable offense! Don't hate the democrats, hate Donald. Oh by the way, he is not done with leading donalders around by the hook in their nose yet! Get out safely-if you can!

Professor Guide
1.4.6  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4    5 years ago
This is what happens with secret closed door questioning where the Democrats get to decide who to question, when, where, and all the questions that are asked.

There are republicans on the committee.  This was nothing but Trump's bully-boys grand-standing for the media. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.7  CB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.4.6    5 years ago

This is just republican talking points filler from Ronin2. They come to work and they have to 'produce' for the donalders.

Secret closed door. . . .

Yeah boy. Sounds like its right out of Right-wing Talk 'Fog' Book chapter __ and verse ___ . Game-card played! And, countered!

BTW, republicans and conservatives - independents are watching your shenanigans and race to the bottoms!

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.4.8  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.4.6    5 years ago

The three committees involved in these proceeding has 9, 21 and 18 republican members...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.4.9  Jasper2529  replied to  CB @1.4.5    5 years ago
You don't have a leader in Trump. You are offended at him for getting caught with his hands clutching an unsanctioned, improper, and impeachable offense! Don't hate the democrats, hate Donald.

Hello, CB. You and I have always gotten along quite well, so I don't understand why you're yelling at me and accusing me of things that don't exist.

After all he has upfront control over the lot of us

Since my taxes pay for duly elected officials' salaries, housing, transportation, security, perks, etc., those officials don't "control" me. They are my employees.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
1.4.10  cobaltblue  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.4.9    5 years ago
those officials don't "control" me. They are my employees.

Omigawwwwwd!!!! Friggin' HILARIOUS!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.4.12  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago

You need to remember the independent voters are intently looking at the shameful shenanigans of the democrats....who are seemingly unable to lead 

51% of independent voters support impeachment and removal. Keep dreaming. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.4.13  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @1.4.5    5 years ago
After all he has upfront control over the lot of us

What a bizarre statement for a citizen of a constitutional republic.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.4.14  Ronin2  replied to    5 years ago

Wrong. This is a political hit job only. Presidents can now be impeached for whatever.

The Dems have been pulling this crap starting after he was declared the winner.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.4.15  Ronin2  replied to  CB @1.4.4    5 years ago
Do you want the truth or not?!

The the Democrats version of the truth. Which is all they are willing to give.

What is your game?

My game now is to ensure no Democrat holds office anywhere at any level. For the first time ever I will vote for a straight Republican ticket. I am going to encourage my independent friends and fiscal conservatives to do the same. The lesser of two evils is better than Democrats being rewarded for this abuse of power.

Why confront us with this BS about the next democratic president being abusedas if to imply that all presidents are now:

Because the left is moronic enough to think Republicans will let this slide. Precedent has now been set. I said the same thing when the Republicans had endless investigations against Obama. Of course the Democrats had to one up them.

TRUMP.

No, Biden; and he even fucking bragged about doing it. But the left is more than willing to let it slide as he has the all important D behind his name. You still think this is about a criminal act. If it was Biden would have already been forced out of the race. This is about a political hit job only.

Well Donald Trump is a peculiar kind of ass. It is being revealed that one thing Trump is, is a man who has been in our faces since day one of coming down the escalator. He won't shut up! He won't cut us a break on the noise! He won't stop 'bludgeoning'himselfwith Twitter and his big fat mouth!

As the old saying goes and I paraphrase: 'It would be whole lot harder to know what a peculiar fool he is if he was quieter.'

He is not. Your insult machine has been doing his shtick 24/7 nonstop every since he took the inaugural oath!  The Oath! Which undoubtedly he has been lying on every since raising his right hand.

Don't like Trump; then don't vote for him. Simple as that. But you don't get to have him removed from office because he won an election; and has a very good chance of winning reelection. The Democrats must really be afraid that whoever rolls last out of their insane exploding clown car of candidates running ever further left, won't be able to win.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.4.16  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @1.4.12    5 years ago

Then the Democrats should have no problem defeating Trump in a fair election. So why are they scared shitless?

As for polls. They were just so right last time around. Hillary in a landslide! How wrong they were.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.4.17  JBB  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4.16    5 years ago

Except that "the last time" was the 2018 midterm elections when the damn gop got exactly the monumental whooping the polls predicted...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.4.18  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4.16    5 years ago
Then the Democrats should have no problem defeating Trump in a fair election.

You mean an election where trump doesn't get help from a foreign country to win? I agree, should be pretty easy. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.4.19  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4.16    5 years ago
As for polls. They were just so right last time around. Hillary in a landslide! How wrong they were.

Polls reflect the popular vote, not the electorate, (which is what elects presidents). And who won the popular vote? Hillary. Translation? The polls were spot on. 

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
1.4.20  cobaltblue  replied to  MrFrost @1.4.18    5 years ago
trump doesn't get help from a foreign country to win

That's what I don't understand. If the Traitor-In-Chief is so confident at his ability to win elections, why does he consistently need assistance from other countries? Isn't counting on the ignorance of his supporters enough? Doesn't he trust their stupidity? 

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
1.4.21  NV-Robin6  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4    5 years ago

Just like these guys? Here's some then and now hypocrisy for you wrong way righties. Specifically read and take note of Trey Gowdy's take on closed door hearings. 

Then and now: How Republicans downplay subpoenas when they target Trump

For years, Republicans criticized President Obama's handling of subpoenas. Now those Republicans are defending President Trump's handling of subpoenas. (JM Rieger/The Washington Post)
cb0d6fbb-7d0f-4e40-b590-31de99241512.png
By 
Oct. 22, 2019 at 10:36 a.m. PDT

One month into the House Democratic impeachment inquiry, President Trump’s Republican allies have defended his administration’s   refusal to cooperate   by   criticizing   the process and   downplaying   his calls for foreign investigations of a political rival.

And even as the Trump administration has   missed at least nine subpoena deadlines   for documents and depositions, his Republican allies are continuing a third defense floated at previous times during his presidency: Congressional subpoenas are   optional   if issued by Democrats. This is a   stark contrast   to how those same Republicans talked about or handled probes of the Obama and Clinton administrations.

The day before the House of Representatives   impeached   President Bill Clinton in December 1998, then-Rep. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.), who became one of the 13 House impeachment managers in the Senate trial, said President Richard Nixon’s failure to comply with subpoenas subjected him to impeachment “because he took the power from Congress.”

“The day that William Jefferson Clinton failed to provide truthful testimony to the Congress of the United States is the day that he chose to determine the course of impeachment,” Graham said at the time. “He usurped our power, he abused his authority, he gave false information. That, to me Mr. Speaker, is the same as giving no information at all. Actually, I think it is worse.”

Asked last week about his previous remarks, Sen. Graham replied, “Nothing’s changed,” before retreating to his office.

In June 2012, then-Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) criticized Attorney General Eric Holder for   refusing to cooperate   with the House Oversight Committee’s investigation of   Operation Fast and Furious.

“The notion that you could withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you’re the party in power or not in power is wrong,” Gowdy said at the time.

Speaking as a Fox News contributor seven years later, Gowdy sang a different tune.

“Congress as a coequal branch of government can ask for whatever they want to ask for,” Gowdy said in March of House Democratic investigations into Trump. “Now it doesn’t mean you have to show up, and it doesn’t mean you have to talk, and it doesn’t mean you have to produce documents.”

Days before independent counsel Kenneth W. Starr   subpoenaed   Clinton to testify before a grand jury in July 1998, then-New York City Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani   told Charlie Rose   that the president must testify if subpoenaed. Starr ultimately withdrew the subpoena after Clinton agreed to testify   with conditions .

“The Watergate litigation resolved the fact that the president is not above the law, is not able to avoid subpoenas,” Giuliani said at the time.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.4.22  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Dulay @1.4.2    5 years ago

The republicans passed the rules regarding this and now unhappy that they are enforced?  Sucks to be them.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.23  CB  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.4.9    5 years ago

Hi Jasper! It has been a long day getting back to you. I wrote this too:

You should be offended at Trump's shadow government. What does Trump have to hide? After all he has upfront control over the lot of us - all we ask is that he follow the law! And old 'butt-russ' couldn't even do that.

I take nothing back. Donald Trump works for the citizens of this country too. Except he does not. Rightly put, Trump doesn't work for you either. The man works for no-one. Cross Donald Trump and he will label, name-call, and swerve your political leaning too. Oh, and you should know by now:

You don't have a republican party any longer. The brand is a dead brand standing.

You're all Trump now. The new brand name is coming soon!

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.24  CB  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.4.9    5 years ago
Since my taxes pay for duly elected officials' salaries, housing, transportation, security, perks, etc., those officials don't "control" me. They are my employees.

Donald says he donates his salary (to somebody) or something or other. Ever wonder why? Because he does not want to give y'all the satisfaction of making the error you just made. Donald Trump is not working for you: your political party is jobbing for him. He has swerved y'all already. Don't you know.

Y'all just need to look closely at the 'contract' as it is playing out in real-time. Trump got y'all, doing the 'pedaling.' To that point. If y'all keep breaking the rules (bringing phones into secure spaces) or get caught on the record lying for Trump, sooner or later some republican/s is going to be REQUIRED to take a long hard one for the team. Donald is pressing republicans ever closer to the fire-watch out-it burns!

Donald ain't going down for y'all-not if he can help it. He will continue to wipe his mouth, nose, eyes, and head on as many of y'all as it takes. It's called, "Getting mileage."

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.25  CB  replied to    5 years ago

Americans have inherent disdain for those who would 'lord' over us. You USED  to know this. What changed?

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.26  CB  replied to  Jack_TX @1.4.13    5 years ago

There you go again. 96 Spin on!

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.27  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4.14    5 years ago

"The dems" can't impeach an innocent president, Ronin2. I thought you knew.

If it was possible, then y'all would have ruined Barack Obama's good name, so help you! But you couldn't, because some presidents simply are not guilty!

That said, Donald Trump big empty head clanging around Washington D.C and Twitter is his major malfunction.

Can you get Donald to shut up? Yes? No? There is your problem manifested right there in a nutshell.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.29  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4.15    5 years ago
Don't like Trump; then don't vote for him. Simple as that. But you don't get to have him removed from office because he won an election; and has a very good chance of winning reelection. The Democrats must really be afraid that whoever rolls last out of their insane exploding clown car of candidates running ever further left, won't be able to win.  

I have a suggestion for you. Don't just vote for Donald Trump in 2020—marry him. I'm serious. If he will have you, just do it!

You're a lost cause to anyone else. "We" could never made you as happy anyway. I simply don't see it in any of the stars -boo!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.4.30  MrFrost  replied to  dennis smith @1.4.28    5 years ago

Read my post again. You seem confused regarding what I said.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.4.31  MrFrost  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.4.3    5 years ago
As a Democrat once said said, ...
Elections have consequences. And at the end of the day, I won. So I think on that one I trump you.

True, and had trump not completely handed the Dems the midterms on a silver platter, he may have gotten away with his criminal behavior. Trump's erratic, unhinged, ridiculous and childish behavior cost the Repubs the midterms and most likely the presidency and the senate in 2020. If the midterms were a moratorium on the trump white house? The repubs are in for a very bumpy ride over the next 24 months. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.4.32  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @1.4.26    5 years ago
Spin on!

Really.  To what part of "citizen of a constitutional republic" do object?

Are you somehow not a citizen of such a place?  Or are you one of those "not my president" idiots? 

Regardless, how exactly does he have "upfront control" over you?  Does he require you only wear approved Trump brand clothing?  Does he dictate what you eat?  Where you live?  Does he tell you how to set the thermostat in your house?  Does he tell you what kind of car you're allowed to buy?  

Do tell.  How...specifically...does this hysterical claim manifest itself in real life?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.4.33  MrFrost  replied to  cobaltblue @1.4.20    5 years ago
why does he consistently need assistance from other countries?

Two reasons, (well, one really but....)

1) He knows he cannot win without help. The 2016 election boiled down to what...80k votes in three states? For all the screaming about the "yuge" win, it was actually damn close. 

2) Ego. Trump is CONSTANTLY bragging about himself, how great he is, etc.. He has a MASSIVE ego. If he loses the election, his poor little ego will be crushed, so to ensure that will not happen, he is willing to cheat to win. 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.4.34  Don Overton  replied to  Ronin2 @1.4    5 years ago

If their  closed why are over 40 republicans capable of walking right on in

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.4.35  Don Overton  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.4.3    5 years ago

[Deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.36  CB  replied to  cobaltblue @1.4.20    5 years ago

And how does asking other nations to investigate political opponents square with a stated isolationist doctrine encompassingTrump? No! This guy is a crook! One that wants what he wants and is willing to try and take it from others!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.37  Texan1211  replied to  Don Overton @1.4.34    5 years ago
If their  closed why are over 40 republicans capable of walking right on in

Um, because Republicans are smart enough to know how to open a door?

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.38  CB  replied to  Jack_TX @1.4.32    5 years ago

Jack, I am not sorry that I do not have anymore time to waste on you right now. This is what I got for ya:

Jibber Jabber ruins everything

The video title is instructive.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.4.39  Jack_TX  replied to  CB @1.4.38    5 years ago

I'll take that as your concession of the point.

A sad, bitter concession, but very much a concession.

For my part, I am sorry you live in such a state of mind that you don't recognize how little control any president has over your daily life.  It must be quite a challenge.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.40  CB  replied to  Jack_TX @1.4.39    5 years ago

Sure. Take it anyway you can process it.

"Jibber Jabber."

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.4.41  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.37    5 years ago
because Republicans are smart enough to know how to open a door?

Liberals would stand outside banging on an unlocked door demanding someone let them in.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.4.42  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Dulay @1.4.2    5 years ago

A closed hearing is not the same as a secret hearing.  If we know about it, it is not a secret.

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
1.4.43  NV-Robin6  replied to  Dulay @1.4.2    5 years ago

Cuz they're running scared like chickens with their heads cut off. With good reason; Twitlertwat's going down and they know it! Justice is prevailing!

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.4.44  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to    5 years ago
.and if the next Democratic president behaves in the same manner in subverting the election process

by using the power of government to go after political rivals?     obama's admin has already done that.   and failed spectacularly.  but even I will admit... it was a fun clown show to watch :)

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.4.45  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  CB @1.4.36    5 years ago
And how does asking other nations to investigate political opponents square

obamas admin used foreign intelligence (aka 5 eyes) to fabricate and then legitimize bs evidence against trump

so, maybe ask obama?

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.46  CB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.4.44    5 years ago

Tonight, as I was driving around looking for an 'old-school' transistor radio, I was in a surprise position to hear AM band radio at night. It was starling to hear the AM morning and afternoon Christian shows are turned over to jocks and anchors who blatantly using terms like "leftist" and 'socialism' for every other word at evening time. Being that this was a conservative AM radio I was soon thinking to myself that this is a 'root cause' of what is being dealt with here on social media! These conservative anchors were talking (and selling) freedom as a commodity (a book, a conference, a donation); all designed to have one group of people go up against another group of people. How the,. . .heaven. . .in a land expressly known for its freedoms did we all allow ourselves to get so tangled up in alienation and "other-isms"?  We're some of the smartest and most sophisticated people ever to be born on Earth! But here we are arguing and tearing ourselves down in 24/7 broadcast increments. We are 'warring' over matters that use to give us joy, or at least were not worth 'dying' on a hill over.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.47  CB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.4.45    5 years ago

Does Donald Trump appear to support isolationist policies to you, MEB?  Yes or No. Is this a specific portion of what you appreciate about Donald Trump as leader?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.4.48  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  CB @1.4.46    5 years ago
that this is a 'root cause'

that is not the cause.

it is the symptom/result of the lunatic left's antics.

but ya know what the good news is?

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.6  PJ  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

This is America under the leadership of Trump.  Lawmakers breaking the law.  Traitors to the Constitution. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.6.2  PJ  replied to    5 years ago

I'm so embarrassed for you. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.6.3  Tessylo  replied to  PJ @1.6.2    5 years ago
'I'm so embarrassed for you.'

Somebody needs to be!

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.6.4  PJ  replied to  Tessylo @1.6.3    5 years ago

That's the kinda girl I am......thoughtful and generous to those less fortunate.  jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
1.6.5  cobaltblue  replied to  PJ @1.6.2    5 years ago
I'm so embarrassed for you.

Me too, but it makes me laugh soooooo hard! Omigawd, I cannot even stifle it. I laugh out loud. Sad, isn't it? In a funny, funny, really funny way. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.6.6  PJ  replied to  cobaltblue @1.6.5    5 years ago
Sad, isn't it? In a funny, funny, really funny way

More than they realize.  lol

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
1.6.7  cobaltblue  replied to    5 years ago
Lawmakers breaking the law.  Traitors to the Constitution.  Your description is of the democrats is spot on.

See??? That's soooo fuckin' hilarious!!! 

*** This president doesn’t appear to know or care much about the   Constitution,   especially the limits it puts on his power.

“I have an Article II, where I have the right to do whatever I want,” he said last year, referring to the part of the founding document that establishes the executive branch. But that’s not what Article II does at all.

Article II is the president’s job description. Like any job description, it spells out what he should do — and, by implication, what he shouldn’t.

Trump took an oath to defend the Constitution. Instead, he’s attacking it — by inflating and abusing his powers, ignoring laws he swore to protect and demanding unconstitutional reprisals against anyone who opposes him.

No matter what the president imagines Article II to contain, he doesn’t have the right, “absolute” or otherwise, to distort U.S. national security policy to damage a political rival or stonewall legitimate inquiries from Congress. He needs to take an hour of executive time and read the Constitution.

Cite

Wally, I know your perception is that Trump makes demmies cry so you love him. But truth be told, he has called his supporters idiots from the get-go. He's counted on low intellect of those supporters that he has left. He's banked on it. 

It’s probably the   biggest   demographic   story   of [the past] election: Hillary Clinton has made big gains with well-educated whites, particularly women. And Donald J. Trump has continued recent Republican gains in winning over less educated whites, particularly men. As Nate Cohn wrote in an article last month,   education has replaced the culture wars   as the defining electoral divide.

Cite

Don't make sound bites and think because you say them, it makes it true. Sometimes it's better for his supporters to stop deflecting, stop spinning, stop making it apparent to all those around them that they lack impulse control. Some, not all, should think before they post. Frankly, I enjoy your shit. But it does make me feel bad for you sometimes. Sorta. Maybe. Nah, it doesn't. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.6.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  cobaltblue @1.6.7    5 years ago
He needs to take an hour of executive time and read the Constitution.

He just needs someone to read it to him....then spend the next 30 days drilling into his head exactly what it means.

It will take more than an hour for him to read the Constitution...it doesn't come with cartoons

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.6.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @1.6.3    5 years ago

That is one job this American refuses to do.

CB
Professor Principal
1.6.10  CB  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.6.8    5 years ago

Friend TG, let's not patronize Donald Trump. One does not aspire to lead the world without understanding where you can be brought low at in an instance by rule of law-unless you are a stone-cold fool or impotent incompetent.

Donald Trump thinks he knows enough constitution to skillfully manipulate it, Friend TG!

It is those vague points in the Constitution he is most interested in. It is where Trump lawyers can play. It is the powers inherent in the Constitution where only fools would dare seek to (ab)use that Donald dares to tread along on. Donald is showing us all everyday what his lifelong skill-set is: A single-minded manipulation of a certain type of people. Be assured, all of these people "jobbin" and supporting Trump fully understand they have subordinated themselves under his authority. And, they have done so voluntarily.

Let's be aware, there are people in this country who want exactly what Donald Trump is doing to a 'T.' They serve him willingly and deliberately.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.6.11  Don Overton  replied to    5 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.7  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

I’m so proud of them all!  Well done.  

Professor Guide
1.7.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.7    5 years ago
I’m so proud of them all!  Well done.

I know!!  Isn't it great?!?  My nipples have been extra perky all day!  And don't tell anyone, but I've been so excited that I've had sex with 5 complete strangers...for free!!!  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.7.2  MrFrost  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.7.1    5 years ago
My nipples have been extra perky all day! 

Picture or it didn't happen.

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.7.3  PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.7    5 years ago

I laughed so hard when I heard several republicans that stormed (shuffled) into the (unlocked) chamber were already supposed to be in there because they were members of the committees conducting the depositions.  How utterly pathetic and sad.  Then I kinda got aggravated because I realized they were playing parade when they should have been earning the salary they draw from the taxpayers.  

JBB
Professor Principal
1.7.4  JBB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.7    5 years ago

What those damn goppers did yesterday was to break federal law and on camera. Proud? You should be ashamed. Are you going to volunteer to pay their fines? To do time for those rogue goppers who were obstructing justice? Then, Go For It. I will never understand why the damn gop thinks they are above the law...

Professor Guide
1.7.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MrFrost @1.7.2    5 years ago
Picture or it didn't happen.

(*)(*)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.7.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.7.5    5 years ago

Those are belle's nipples. Give them back!

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
1.7.7  cobaltblue  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.7.6    5 years ago
belle's nipples

Belle's nips!!! Awwwww ... I miss belle. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.7.8  PJ  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.7.5    5 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Professor Guide
1.7.9  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  cobaltblue @1.7.7    5 years ago
Belle's nips!!! Awwwww ... I miss belle.

Yeah, me too.  We had so much fun back then.

Professor Guide
1.7.10  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.7.6    5 years ago
Those are belle's nipples. Give them back!

No worries, they're just loaners.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.7.11  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JBB @1.7.4    5 years ago

The first they need to take down is the idiot who tried to take a recording device into the hearing, which is against the law.  If they don't like the way the hearing is going, they should have not passed the rules regarding how it is conducted.

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
1.7.12  NV-Robin6  replied to  PJ @1.7.8    5 years ago

Got to love a Sister!  I had to read her response outloud to hubby. Love you Sister Mary! We both cracked up! Great day for cracking up! Especially Hillary's line at Elijah's services, against corruption from the prophet Elijah, who stood up against King Ahab and Queen Jezebel! I'm still laughing. Love or hate Hillary, she at least had a clue! Its really such a shame, she would have been a great President. Totally fucking robbed!

Elijah Cummings, RIP, you led the way! We will not forsake our democracy like you taught us! Trust in your thoughtful leadership and Thank You Sir! Salute!!

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.8  sixpick  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    5 years ago

The Republicans trampled over dozens of people as you can see in the video below barging into the Secret Room where the Honorable Adam Schiff was continuing to do the Democrats work of gathering evidence or making it up to enable him to save the Democrats from the inevitable disaster they are in for.

Now here is the funniest video segment of the day from the Crazy Cartoon Network, here's Fredo!!!

Professor Guide
1.8.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  sixpick @1.8    5 years ago

Six!  A stop-short?  Say it isn't so!  

CB
Professor Principal
1.8.2  CB  replied to  sixpick @1.8    5 years ago

I could not even finish listening to this interview. I turned the volume down and walked away. Sometimes I do not know what to make of Chris' openness to trying to balance BS, and I certainly did not know what to make of this congressman. So I stepped out on it. Somebody was using somebody to get a message out and I could not discern which man (in this case) it was. Chris:Congressman.

CB
Professor Principal
1.8.3  CB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.8.1    5 years ago

Hi Sister! I am confused and maybe you can help me understand: What is Sixpick's position on this interview?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.8.4  Dulay  replied to  CB @1.8.3    5 years ago

The fact that he truncated the video tells you how he feels about the WHOLE video. Go watch the second half of the interview. It makes Bill Johnson look like a partisan hack.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    5 years ago

If one is NOT on the committee, one is NOT entitled to sit in the hearing.  They took a page from their POS master and don't think the RULES apply to them.  Gaetz is a slimy used car salesmen.  I'm an American and I know how the court system works, I guess certain republicans need a crash course in law ethics and/or if any of them are attorneys they need to brush up on their CLE ethics credits.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @2    5 years ago

When they had the hearings on Clinton, the opposite party did not try to crash the hearings because they knew the rules of who attends and who doesn't.  They should all be brought up on charges by the Bar Association for misconduct, those who are lawyers that is.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1    5 years ago

these are all administrative violations, not crimes. It could certainly affect their security clearance(s) temporarily or permanently, however.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  lady in black  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.1    5 years ago

If one is NOT on the COMMITTEE then one is NOT allowed in and especially with their cellphones which is a big no no...or are republicans all of a sudden above the law.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.1    5 years ago
Maybe because the impeachment hearings were voted on by the full house and held out in the open?

There is nothing in the constitution requiring a vote. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.1    5 years ago

Frankly, all of this shit confuses me.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.2    5 years ago

Any excuse for the Democrats in the House right?

It is not like they are conducting a kangaroo court investigation or anything./S

The fact the left is excusing this is inexcusable. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.7  lady in black  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.6    5 years ago

There ARE republicans in these meetings because they are on the committee.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  bbl-1  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.1    5 years ago

The impeachment trial with witness testimony will be held publicly in the senate. 

The only confusion here lies with those in the untenable position to defend the proclaimed 'stable genius'.

Proceedings---what ever.  As this continues Russia is making their moves and the US has begun its defensive crouch of withdrawal.  In the Trump Era will, "Crouching Withdrawal With Honor" be the next Trumpian patriotic meme? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.9  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.1    5 years ago
Maybe because the impeachment hearings were voted on by the full house and held out in the open?

When there ARE Impeachment HEARINGS, they will be voted on.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.10  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.6    5 years ago

Excuse me?

did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?

The comment you are referring to, was about the conduct of the uninvited non committee members and their violations of the SCIF rules  which may ( should )affect their security clearances now and in the future.

The invited committee members of both parties were there to depose a potential witness.

Get over you faux outrage and belief that no Republicans are on Schiff's committees or that they were not present.

It simply is not true.

The fact that you cling to your umbrage in the face of facts is pretty ridiculous.

And as I noted elsewhere, these shitty government practices started centuries ago in England and have been gleefully practiced by ALL parties since the First Continental Congress in 1774.

Have a nice day.

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Kavika   replied to  Split Personality @2.1.10    5 years ago

There are 9 republicans on Schiff's committees and 13 democrats.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.12  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @2.1.11    5 years ago

Thanks Kav,

Don't cha know everything is so unfair....jrSmiley_72_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.1.13  cobaltblue  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.10    5 years ago
Get over you faux outrage and belief that no Republicans are on Schiff's committees or that they were not present.

Great comment. What don't they understand? Didn't this include Gohmert? Not even Texas repubs like Gohmert. 

Gohmert, meanwhile, reportedly engaged other Democrats in a shouting match over what he described as an injustice.

The committees’ work screeched to a halt as Deputy Assistant Defense Secretary Laura Cooper was whisked away. Gohmert and others hunkered down in the secure facility instead, leaving the rest of the Capitol to light up with reactions, ranging from outrage to bemusement.

Asked about the sit-in, Texas Sen. John Cornyn, a Republican, paused for some time before saying, “This place just gets more like a circus every day,   according to   The Wall Street Journal . [Emphasis mine.]

It appeared the standoff could linger for hours, particularly after the GOP protesters ordered in lunch. But duty eventually called in the form of an early evening vote series in the House. By 4 p.m. Eastern, all that remained of the sit-in were a few half-eaten boxes of pizza.

And they attempted to take cell phones into the proceedings [a huge no-no] that was attended by both democrats and republicans . Republicans are panicking aren't they? 

Cite

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.14  lady in black  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.13    5 years ago

Obviously they are panicking if they are reduced to pulling childish stunts like this...Gaetz the douche canoe is like that kid who everyone dislikes and tries to join the club but keeps getting denied.  He's a lowlife putz

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.1.15  PJ  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.2    5 years ago

They should all have their security clearances pulled. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.16  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ @2.1.15    5 years ago

I’m sure the President will get right on that....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.13    5 years ago
'And they attempted to take cell phones into the proceedings [a huge no-no] that was attended by both democrats and republicans . Republicans are panicking aren't they?'

They're losing their shit big time.

What do they have to hide?

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.1.20  cobaltblue  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.12    5 years ago
Don't cha know everything is so unfair.

I don't get it ... the hearings on Benghazi were held behind closed doors. Why is everyone on the right behaving as if this was an egregious incident? There were republicans in the room! 

In the summer of 2015, the House Select Committee on Benghazi was still chasing conspiracy theories, holding a series of closed-door hearings with officials and witnesses. As part of the investigatory process, other members of Congress who were interested in learning more were excluded – and when former House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) tried to crash a deposition, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.)   blocked him . On this, Gowdy, who chaired the Benghazi panel, was correct. Not only did he take steps to   prevent a political circus  – nearly every witness was interviewed behind closed doors – but   House rules   only permit members to participate in depositions if they serve on the relevant committees. These are not spectator events . [emphasis mine.]

Oh, for fuck's sake. And they say the democrats are hysterical. All we are asking, as Americans not democrats, is accountability. But Trumplethinskin can't keep his mouth shut. HE'S behaving hysterically and counting on the absolute ignorance of his supporters. And his panic and hysteria is trickling down to those who know he's a crook. They're fine with the Traitor-In-Chief being a crook, but to see him melt down in public has them a bit ... 'unsettled.' 

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.1.21  cobaltblue  replied to  PJ @2.1.15    5 years ago
security clearances pulled. 

I unequivocally agree.

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.1.22  PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.16    5 years ago
I’m sure the President will get right on that

His should be the first clearance pulled.  jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.23  Trout Giggles  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.20    5 years ago

You know, I learned a lot from your cited paragraph. But how much you wanna bet that some of our fellow NT'ers won't bother to read that paragraph? They could learn so much and then sit the fuck down and color

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.24  lady in black  replied to    5 years ago

Blah, blah, blah, that 's all I hear

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.25  Split Personality  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.13    5 years ago

On the news last night, other Reps who were there as committee members, both Dems and GoP, said that the use of cell phones was deliberate ( eventually someone among the protesters decided to start collecting them ) and that several of the hearing crashers asked to be arrested.

While Schiff and others reportedly conferred with the Sargent at Arms, no one had the political will to round up enough police to remove or arrest the protesters.  Whoever was on TV last night would not even commit to administrative punishments such as removal of security clearances or censures.

We have come to a pretty low place when the R's won't adhere to the rules that R's like Gowdy put in place ( and enforced)

while the adults in the room, both R's & D's won't punish them.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.26  Dulay  replied to    5 years ago

The House rules. Go read them and concentrate on the authorities of the Chairman of the House Select Intelligence Committee.  

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.1.27  cobaltblue  replied to    5 years ago
Dems do stuff like this all the time.

Please send links that prove dems do this all the time. You saying it doesn't make it so, Wally. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.28  JohnRussell  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.20    5 years ago

CB, it is all they have. 

There is an old saying.

If you don't have the facts on your side argue the law. If you don't have the facts OR the law on your side, ........ you are Donald Trump. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.30  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.29    5 years ago
I seem to remember those giving testimony have not been permitted counsel.

You DO? Who wasn't allowed Counsel XD? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.31  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.29    5 years ago

Ya, that's what I thought...

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.1.32  cobaltblue  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.29    5 years ago
I seem to remember those giving testimony have not been permitted counsel.

Counsel is not necessary to those giving testimony. It's up to each deponent to hire counsel if they feel one is necessary. Your quoted material says nothing about counsel being mandatory because it's not. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.34  Dulay  replied to  cobaltblue @2.1.20    5 years ago
I don't get it

IOKIYAR

Go to 4:48

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.35  Paula Bartholomew  replied to    5 years ago

On how to conduct this.  Try to keep up.  The R's are the ones who passed them and now all shocked and shaken that they are being enforced.

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
2.1.36  NV-Robin6  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.6    5 years ago

Why is it ok crying kangaroo courts when it's your side on defense? Benghazi? Do I need to post you Trey Gowdy's final statement? How about Hillary's emails all bring exonerated from DOJ recently?

When are you going to get a clue, do the crime, you'll do the time and The Donald is NOT exempt!

Republicans are the ones who set the rules for private depo's, so they weren't a public circus and now you cry foul? WTF?! Impeachment process is in the Constitution! Why do you think you get to cherry pick the ultimate law of the land?!

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2  JBB  replied to  lady in black @2    5 years ago

Who believes that Matt "The Rat" Gaetz will not rat out all the brave patriots lining up to spill the beans on Trump & Co? They had to put the original whistleblower into The Witness Protection Program to protect them from Trump's murderous rages. Donald The Mad they will call him. Or, maybe Donald The Terrible. Nah, Don The Loser!

CB
Professor Principal
2.3  CB  replied to  lady in black @2    5 years ago
I guess certain republicans need a crash course in law ethics and/or if any of them are attorneys they need to brush up on their CLE ethics credits.

Must Watch: What is the Rule of Law? New ABA Video

American Bar Association: Customer service: 1 (800) 285-2221

NT! Call - make your voices heard! Ask them to check their own! Some of our congressional lawyers are honest to goodness 'flea bags.'

Oh and don't forget to compliment the good lawyers and lawyering going on too!

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
2.3.1  cobaltblue  replied to  CB @2.3    5 years ago
Must Watch: What is the Rule of Law?

Oooh! A video! That's better than a book with pictures. 

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.2  CB  replied to  cobaltblue @2.3.1    5 years ago

I know, Right? Fleabag lawyers are destroying their profession's collective reputation in the age of Trump, one case at a time.

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    5 years ago

What they are doing is legal. The piece of shit Gaetz is just grandstanding. He is trying to cloudy the waters and be a trump torchbearer.

The base eats it up like it is gospel.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1  MrFrost  replied to  Ender @4    5 years ago
The piece of shit Gaetz is just grandstanding.

Yep. He just wants to solidify trumps base for votes. Well, that and he is an idiot. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2  Ronin2  replied to  Ender @4    5 years ago

So you will be all for it when the Republicans do it to the next Democratic president?

Glad to hear it, because it will happen.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2    5 years ago
So you will be all for it when the Republicans do it to the next Democratic president?

If they do something illegal? Sure, I will. 

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Ender  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.1    5 years ago

Really. That they think trump is an angel and the Dems have zero reason for any of this is lunacy.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.2.3  pat wilson  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2    5 years ago

Chances that the Dems put up a clown like trump are zilch. And the gop better think long and hard about any future candidates they have.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  Ender @4.2.2    5 years ago

Really. That they think trump is an angel and the Dems have zero reason for any of this is lunacy.

I think the only cons left that think this is all made up are the same cons that wrapped themselves in tin foil to avoid getting cancer from those windmills. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2.5  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.1    5 years ago

No, not illegal. For whatever, just like the Democrats are doing. Manufactured charges are as good as any.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
4.2.7  cobaltblue  replied to  pat wilson @4.2.3    5 years ago
clown like trump

Particularly ironic because of what John Cronyn [a republican] said:

Asked about the sit-in, Texas Sen. John Cornyn, a Republican, paused for some time before saying, “This place just gets more like a circus every day,”  according to   The Wall Street Journal .

Elect a clown, expect a circus. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.8  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2.5    5 years ago

No, not illegal. For whatever, just like the Democrats are doing. Manufactured charges are as good as any.

You are aware that trump violated our constitution, right? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.9  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago
They certainly don't have to be worried about the crop of Dems morons.

You are aware that electronic devices are not allowed in the room that the idiots barged into with their cell phones, right? That's what is called a security risk. Those republicans are fucking morons. 

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
4.2.10  cobaltblue  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.9    5 years ago
Those republicans are fucking morons.

Anything that include Gohmert is moronic. There's a meme of him that says "Gohmert ... he's like Forrest Gump without the intelligence and charm."

Gohmert admits as a kid, he would have wanted to go into the girl's restroom to "get educated." Get educated watching little girls pee and poop? Are you serious? What did he think goes on in little girl's bathrooms?

When it comes to this current legislation where — in most of the world, in most of the religions, the major religions, you have men and you have women, and there are some abnormalities but for heaven’s sake, I was as good a kid as you can have growing up, I never drank alcohol till I was legal, never to, still, use an illegal drug, but in the seventh grade if the law had been that all I had to do was say, ‘I’m a girl,’ and I got to go into the girls’ restroom, I don’t know if I could’ve withstood the temptation just to get educated back in those days. [Emphasis mine.]

Radio interview of Gohmert, April 7, 2016

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.2.11  Kavika   replied to  cobaltblue @4.2.10    5 years ago

Gohmert couldn't manage a one-car funeral.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.2.12  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Kavika @4.2.11    5 years ago
Gohmert couldn't manage a one-car funeral.

Gohmert couldn't count to 21 without getting naked...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.9    5 years ago

I believe they are both aware but choose to stay ignorant

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.2.12    5 years ago

I had to think about that one for a minute....

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.15  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2    5 years ago

It will be stupid if it does and is uncalled for. The thing for any democratic party president to remember is to serve honorably. Of course, some conservatives and republicans "do as I say and not as I do" will attempt all manners of 'eruptions' and stinking thinking—oh it's true, that is what you do.

The public needs to take time out from its collectively busy lives and go through congressional elected officials with a fine tooth comb, dragging all misfits and malformed miscreants in office out of its hair!

I am down with that! Accountability to hold hearings of substance and not stupid stuff and trivialities, I say!  Once again, I blame the red state voters who are sending and keeping "donalders" in elected office for the overwhelming majority of aggravation and vexation in Washington, D.C.

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.16  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2.5    5 years ago

Please. It is clear to me you do not know what a "manufactured charge" looks like. Here let me offer you this:

th?id=OIP.kUYa4hlBOiE31LzorCFa0QHaE7&w=300&h=193&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7   Do you know what this is?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  cobaltblue @4.2.10    5 years ago

Didn't Mike Fuckabee say something similarly creepy about teenage girls in showers?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2.18  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  CB @4.2.15    5 years ago

Don't expect any results from the Ethics Committee.  If they would do their jobs, half the clowns, D and R, would be gone.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.20  MrFrost  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.17    5 years ago

Didn't Mike Fuckabee say something similarly creepy about teenage girls in showers?

Probably. He did run to Josh Duggar's side when it was discovered that Josh was molesting his little sisters. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.21  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.20    5 years ago

It was during the transgender bathroom/restroom/locker room fiascoes that Fuckabee stuck his ignorant nose in.  He said in high school he wished he could have said he felt like a woman so he could shower with the girls.

I'm sure he'd prefer to shower with boys, little boys.  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.3  Jack_TX  replied to  Ender @4    5 years ago
Gaetz is just grandstanding.

Certainly.

He is trying to cloudy the waters and be a trump torchbearer.

No...he is trying to garner attention and get re-elected.

The base eats it up like it is gospel.

Hence the attention-getting behavior.  It's not unlike liberal representatives who protest or pretty much any representative who appears in a televised congressional hearing.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5  Split Personality    5 years ago

Bringing a cell phone into a SCIF, is a huge security violation, but often accidental.

Texting from the same area is just plain willful stupidity

punishable by having current security clearances revoked and future clearances blocked.

Say goodbye to being on those committees let alone ever chairing one.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Split Personality @5    5 years ago

True, but the guy was intentionally holding it up and trying to record.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    5 years ago
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., a member of the Oversight panel, told reporters that there were approximately 20 GOP members in the room who refused to leave, and said that they came into the secure room yelling that they be allowed inside. Some of these members brought their cellphones, which are not permitted.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/laura-cooper-pentagon-official-overseeing-ukraine-testifies-impeachment-inquiry-n1070586?fbclid=IwAR2g4LM-9GptkbO0d_v1hz0ZUV-N1MXP6qni1-Inqk8Yb455ej2U_MRT9Fw

That takes some big brass balls, boys

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    5 years ago
That takes some big brass balls, boys

Been peeking in my windows again? ;)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @6.1    5 years ago

Yeah...I think it's time you got new carpet

Professor Guide
6.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MrFrost @6.1    5 years ago
Been peeking in my windows again?

We've been thinking about having stadium seating installed.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.2  Ronin2  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    5 years ago

Fuck the Democrats. At this point I don't care if the Republicans shut down Congress. 

No more closed door secret Democrat only questioning allowed.

Either it is out in the open; or it doesn't happen.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @6.2    5 years ago
No more closed door secret Democrat only questioning allowed.

There are republicans in the meeting. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6.2.2  lady in black  replied to  Ronin2 @6.2    5 years ago

There ARE republicans in these meetings, these gate crashers are NOT on the committee so they are NOT allowed in or are they special and the rules don't apply to them

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @6.2.2    5 years ago

Everybody keeps telling that but I think they are skipping over those words:

"there are republicans in these meetings"

Or.....decorum prevents me from saying it

Professor Guide
6.2.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ronin2 @6.2    5 years ago
No more closed door secret Democrat only questioning allowe

No offense, but how many times does it need repeating?  THERE ARE REPUBLICANS ON THE COMMITTEE AND PRESENT DURING THE PROCESS.  This is their opportunity to ask questions, as well. 

Pardon my yelling, but for crying the hell out loud!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6.2.5  lady in black  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.3    5 years ago

Selective hearing and reading.....if I don't read it or hear it, it can't be true

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6.2.4    5 years ago

Sister, let me. I'm known for my very loud voice

THERE ARE REPUBLICANS ON THE COMMITTEE AND PRESENT DURING THE PROCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if that will work but I gave it my best shot

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.7  CB  replied to  lady in black @6.2.2    5 years ago

I tell you something else too. Congressman Schiff, who should know what Congressman Nunes is all about, should keep a short-chain on that thang. Nunes is no good. As soon as he sees a pretext to visit the White House or someone from the White House—hell, even Sean Hannity will do, he will trade information entrusted to this committee to Donald J. Trump. 

Congressman Nunes is looking for a openingBET! It would not surprise me in the least if he pulls another WH lawn interview as soon as, well tomorrow.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2.8  Kavika   replied to  CB @6.2.7    5 years ago

i-have-been-given-no-evidence-of-a-fire-dont-15218626.png

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @6.2.8    5 years ago

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6.2.10  bbl-1  replied to  Kavika @6.2.8    5 years ago

Nunes is on the case?  He got the clapp again?

PJ
Masters Quiet
6.2.11  PJ  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.3    5 years ago

They haven't acknowledged facts for over 3 years so why would they start now. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.2.12  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ronin2 @6.2    5 years ago
How much are you getting paid by some Trump funded PAC to push false narratives Ronin?
There are republicans on the investigative committees!
The republicans are being permitted to ask questions....!
Be very careful what you wish for.  After these preliminary hearings are done to determine if impeachment proceedings are warranted, impeachment will be voted on, and the hearing WILL become public.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.2.13  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @6.2.1    5 years ago

Hold it in public; or not all.

Good enough for you?

All the Dems are doing is trying to set the narrative with leaks.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.2.14  Ronin2  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.2.12    5 years ago

Same goes for you. Or do you think the Republicans won't be trying to tie each and every last witness to an antiTrump hate fest conducted by the Democrats?

"Do you hate the President. Do you think the President is incompetent. Do you wish to see the President removed from office. Were you coached, or did you have contact with any Democrats before your testimony" Will all be leading questions.

Frankly I can't stand Trump.

I have stated repeatedly that I voted and campaigned for Gary Johnson. I haven't voted for an Establishment candidate since Bill Clinton second term.  I stopped doing the lesser of two evils BS after believing him. He committed perjury and obstructed. I will never forgive him for that; or myself for voting for him.

I will be voting straight Republican ticket for the first time ever. Democrats don't deserve power at any level. I will not reward them for their abuse of power.  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.2.16  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ronin2 @6.2.14    5 years ago

I can't help you.  If you think republicans deserve to be in full charge....AGAIN...... your conspiracy theory world is something that can't be penetrated by facts.  And you've already proven that to be true in spades.  

You continue to carry Trump's water no matter facts are you are presented though you say you can't stand him.  I say bull.  You've been in lock step on every Trump point.  You sound very similar to ever other paid GOP shill that I've run across the last ten years.  That isn't a very flattering endorsement 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.2.17  FLYNAVY1  replied to    5 years ago

She'll have this to the Senate by the end of November for trial.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2.18  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @6.2.13    5 years ago
Hold it in public; or not all.

NO. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.2.19  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ronin2 @6.2.13    5 years ago
"No more closed door secret Democrat only questioning allowed."

"There are republicans in the meeting."

"Hold it in public; or not all. Good enough for you?"

Thank goodness that goalpost was on wheels...

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.21  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @6.2    5 years ago

original There you go (yet) again. . . .  The rules of Congress won't permit you to take your sb7.jpg and play with them by yourself!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2.22  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @6.2.2    5 years ago

The rules their party passed.

Professor Guide
6.2.23  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kathleen @6.2.20    5 years ago
There may have been republicans in there, but were there any republicans representing Trumps side of the story?

Plenty of people have had the opportunity to tell Trump's side of the story, but they were ordered to defy any and all subpoenas...by Trump. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.2.24  Dulay  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6.2.23    5 years ago

What's ironic is that Trump tweets dozens of times a day, has an entire press office, has the bully pulpit, has Lindsey Graham carrying his water in the Senate and dozens of idiots doing the same in the House and they're STILL whining about Trump's 'side of the story' not being heard. 

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.25  CB  replied to  Kavika @6.2.8    5 years ago

Gotta love it! The guy that can't go away. . . .  Trump's 'other ball.' Nunes is no good. He is looking for an opening to go tell. Just the kind of 'rat' Trump likes a lot!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2.27  MrFrost  replied to  dennis smith @6.2.26    5 years ago

Pelosi is just another career politician who puts party over country

McConnell is just another career politician who puts party over country. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.2.28  Raven Wing  replied to  MrFrost @6.2.27    5 years ago
McConnell is just another career politician who puts party over country. 

And his own interests and personal gain above both party and country. 

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.29  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @6.2.14    5 years ago

Yeah, this reverse pysche thing you repeatedly and assumingly think you are doing well is a failure. Anyone who would ever vote for Donald Trump after watching this fiasco-ed and loud-mouthed presidency full of stunts and meaningless intrigue is either sadistic or would accuse truth of being a lie even though it sitting on his or her face!

If that is not clear enough: let me be plainer. I, we, see you Russian bot! Yours is very similar to the counter-narrative that was executing "black ops" during the 2016 presidential cycle in support of Jill Stein (a third-party choice) and spreading disinformation and unworkable alternatives to voters.

I will make it my 'honor to check your BS where and when it shows up in my surroundings.

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.30  CB  replied to  CB @6.2.29    5 years ago
Frankly I can't stand Trump.

. . . .

I will be voting straight Republican ticket for the first time ever

A dichotomy. You can't stand Trump and by extension those who are allowing 'rump to 'stand on Fifth Avenue and shooting someone' but, you are ready and eager to vote a straight Republican ticket, "maiden voyage" even, for the whole shebang of them?

In the words of Bill Maher, 'I can't prove you are 2016 Russian troll-farm agent, but I know its true!'

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.31  CB  replied to  Kathleen @6.2.20    5 years ago

Excuse me, Kathleen. Now you are questioning republican loyalty to Donald Trump's point of view of us? Kindly as I can put it, I think Donald Trump is one of the worse human being I have ever heard of in public office—maybe even in life. Why would or should I care that his cadre of lies, obfuscations, and displays of obstruction be given any more time?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7  katrix    5 years ago
“This is a Soviet-style impeachment process,” Biggs added. “I don’t care whether you are the president of the United States or any other citizens of this country: You should be allowed to confront your witnesses.”

A trial, if there is one, would be conducted by the Senate.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Sad to see Democrats resort to Star Chamber tactics  and avoiding transparency at all costs.  A legitimate impeachment process, such as the Nixon and Clinton inquiries,  followed a bipartisan process that was agreed to by all sides.  

Remember, Democracy dies in the darkness, and the Democrats are trying to overturn an election in secret. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    5 years ago
Sad to see Democrats resort to Star Chamber tactics  and avoiding transparency at all costs.  A legitimate impeachment process, such as the Nixon and Clinton inquiries,  followed a bipartisan process that was agreed to by all sides.  

And how many of trumps staff has his orangeness ordered to not reply to legal subpoenas? 10? 15? But Dems aren't being transparent? Save your outrage. When was the last time you saw an investigation done completely out in the open? Never. 

When the house is done with the investigation, the findings get shared with the senate. Then there is a hearing. Were the republicans investigating clinton completely done in the open? No. 

Trump cost the GOP the midterms, that's the way it goes. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @8.1    5 years ago

And how many of trumps staff has his orangeness ordered to not reply to legal subpoenas? 10? 15

Trump has never refused to comply with a legal subpoena. Which Court order has he refused? 

But Dems aren't being transparent?

Um.. yeah. Secret hearings and withholding facts from the public are pretty much the definition of a lack of transparency. 

When was the last time you saw an investigation done completely out in the open? Never.

It's all taking place behind closed doors. The Clinton impeachment inquiry took place in a bipartisan, public matter.  Trying to overturn an election should be done in public, not in secret. But Democrats are the party of totalitarians, so I can see why overturning elections in secret appeals to them. 

Were the republicans investigating clinton completely done in the open

The Republicans and Democrats agreed on procedures that maximized transparency and fairness for Clinton and Nixon. Democrats refused to follow that precedent so they can hide evidence from the public. 

Sad.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
8.1.2  katrix  replied to  MrFrost @8.1    5 years ago
And how many of trumps staff has his orangeness ordered to not reply to legal subpoenas? 10? 15? But Dems aren't being transparent? Save your outrage

So very true. The Trump admin is the least transparent administration ever.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
8.1.3  katrix  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.1    5 years ago
Democrats refused to follow that precedent so they can hide evidence from the public. 

Trump's refused to follow just about every precedent there is, especially those related to conflicts of interest and transparency. But you want to bitch about the Dems when they don't follow precedent? And the Constitution states that the House can conduct the impeachment inquiry however they want.

As MrFrost said, save your outrage.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.1    5 years ago
Trump has never refused to comply with a legal subpoena. Which Court order has he refused? 

Are you serious? 

Trying to overturn an election should be done in public, not in secret.

Well, there went your credibility. A legally certified election cannot BE overturned. You need to get off the right wing nut job radio. No one is trying to overturn the 2016 election. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.1    5 years ago

Sad that you think impeachments overturn elections.

Clinton skated, as did Johnson. The Senate would not convict either.

Nixon resigned, he was not impeached (as likely as it would have been, had he resisted).

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8.1.8  lady in black  replied to    5 years ago

What part of if they are not on the committee don't they get that they have no business being in the room or are they above the rules and laws.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.9  Ronin2  replied to  katrix @8.1.2    5 years ago

After Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama. That is just pure TDDS talking.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.10  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1.9    5 years ago
After Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama. That is just pure TDDS talking.

Doesn't that mean you have RDS BDS CDS and ODS? 

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.11  JBB  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1.9    5 years ago

Really? How So? Please enlighten us. I want to know now. I think you are just bluffing...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.12  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.7    5 years ago
ad that you think impeachments overturn elections.

Sad that you don't understand a successful  impeachment  a President overturn an  election.

did you not know that? Sad, indeed. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  katrix @8.1.3    5 years ago
used to follow just about every precedent there i

It's funny how you have to justify your actions by referencing a President  you want to impeach. 

Pretty much says it all. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.14  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @8.1.5    5 years ago

re you serious? 

Are you serious? Do you not understand the President has the right to challenge the legality of a subpoena. Did you not know that? Again, as the party of totalitarianism, I can see why democrats ignore due process and the separation of powers. 

A legally certified election cannot BE 

Sure it can. Donald Trump was elected President. A successful impeachment overturns the results of an election and removes the legally elected President  from office before he completes the term he was elected for. Do you really not know that? 

Professor Guide
8.1.15  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.1    5 years ago

How about this:  I'll research and provide his compliance record if you research and provide his non-compliance record.

Professor Guide
8.1.16  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.7    5 years ago
Sad that you think impeachments overturn elections

And there we have it.  Thank you!!!!  Feel free to repeat it as often as possible.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.17  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1.15    5 years ago

ump has never refused to comply with a legal subpoena. Which Court order has he refused?

I'd just like someone, anyone, to point out any subpoena he's been ordered to comply with and hasn't. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.18  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.12    5 years ago

Nothing to say about Nixon, sad.

Who would have replaced Clinton?  Was Gore not elected to step into the Presidency "just in case"?

Had Johnson been convicted by the Senate, the ( twice elected) Speaker of the House Schuyler Colfax

would have been sworn in as the 18th President because Johnson never appointed a Vice President due to the

enmity of both parties during Reconstruction after Lincoln was "impeached" by a bullet.

Professor Guide
8.1.19  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.17    5 years ago
I'd just like someone, anyone, to point out any subpoena he's been ordered to comply with and hasn't.

Still waiting on those financial records.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.20  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.18    5 years ago
othing to say about Nixon, sad.

Say what about Nixon? What point do you imagine you made?

Did you not know Bill Clinton was elected to serve as President for 4 years? 

By all means, go back and look at how Democrats claimed Republicans were trying to overturn the 1996 election by impeaching Clinton.  Look it up!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.21  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1.19    5 years ago
l waiting on those financial records.  

What court has ordered him to produce records and what deadline has he missed? 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.22  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.20    5 years ago

Are you a Constitutionalist Sean?

Do you not believe in it?

Impeachment is enshrouded in it. 

Seems like the Founding Fathers knew exactly what they were doing, did they not?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.24  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.22    5 years ago

Do you think this is some sort of gotcha?

Of course impeachment is Constitutional. IT also overturns the result of an election. Both things are true.

Understand I'm not a liberal who thinks the Constitution conforms to my personal preferences, in that any policy I don't like must be "unconstitutional".

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.25  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.24    5 years ago
Of course impeachment is Constitutional. IT also overturns the result of an election. Both things are true.

Well then stop your constant bitching about it, seems you cannot have both at the same time.

however we elected both Trump & Pence on the same ticket.

So as long as Pence becomes the 46th POTUS I see no argument about overturning an election.

It's all part of the processssssssssss.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.26  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.25    5 years ago
top your constant bitching about it, seems you cannot have both at the same time.

That's idiotic. Seriously.  It doesn't even make sense. 

as Pence becomes the 46th POTUS I see no argument about overturning an election.

Of course you don't. That's the Dailykos Democratic talking point in 2019. In 1998, Democrats claimed it was. 

Trump was elected to serve 4 years. Impeachment overturns the vote and truncates his term of office. That's undeniable.  But don't worry about being accurate, just bleat your shiny new 2019 talking points. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.27  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.14    5 years ago
Do you not understand the President has the right to challenge the legality of a subpoena.

He can challenge it, but he cannot refuse it. Ask Susan McDougal how that works. Trump is not above the law no matter how much you want him to be. He is in the EXECUTIVE branch, not the JUDICIAL branch. Did you forget that we have 3 co-equal branches of government? Besides, you said he hasn't refused any subpoenas and hasn't ordered his staff to refuse them. You got proven wrong.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.28  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.24    5 years ago
IT also overturns the result of an election.

No, it really doesn't. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.29  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.26    5 years ago
Impeachment overturns the vote and truncates his term of office.

No, Pence would be sworn in. And if Pence goes down with Donny? President Pelosi. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.30  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @8.1.27    5 years ago
He can challenge it, but he cannot refuse it

You are speaking gibberish. Literally.

Ask Susan McDougal how that works

McDougal went to jail because she ignored  a court order to testify. There is no order court order compelling Trump to do anything.  See the difference?

ump is not above the law no matter how much you want him to be

Now you are making things up.  Asserting your rights in Court doesn't make "you above the law." The Courts have to determine what the law requires, first.   Have you no respect for due process?

id you forget that we have 3 co-equal branches of government? 

No. you don't seem to understand what's happening. This is between Congress and the President. Each is claiming  the other is overstepping it's rights. The Court will determine who is right. Until then, Trump doesn't have to do anything. 

esides, you said he hasn't refused any subpoenas and hasn't ordered h

No, I didn't. Try again. 

ou got proven wrong.

If you think that, you have no idea what's going on. Based on what you've written, that seems likely. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.31  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @8.1.29    5 years ago

Do you not understand what the word "truncates" means? Or "he."

It boggles the mind that anyone would claim the impeachment and remove of Trump wouldn't truncate his Presidential term.  I can't believe this needs to be explained. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1.32  bbl-1  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1.9    5 years ago

Are you imply that Trump has or has had an STD?

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.33  CB  replied to  katrix @8.1.3    5 years ago

These donalders are gnashing their teeth at the wrong people. Donald swerved Donald with all this stonewalling, insults, and steamrolling over rules of law!

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.34  CB  replied to    5 years ago

Humph. Apparently, somebody does not know what real Americans look like. For the record, the citizens of this country, inclusive of you, too, are real Americans!

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.35  CB  replied to  MrFrost @8.1.5    5 years ago
You need to get off the right wing _ _  radio.

Yes! Please do remember that those commenters on all radio and television if they are not volunteering time to the networks - they have been given positions for which regular on-air appearances are paid. And the more lucrative. . . . So what am I saying? I am saying that in one form or another those analysts, experts, and show anchors you listen to and watch are "jobbin.'

Jobbers will tell you the truth or they will share spin, either way you will be told something—everyday—everytime on talk/commentary/opinion shows. One by one, each one gets a crack to 'open' up our heads out here and see something. We have to be very careful who. . . .

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.36  Ronin2  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1.9    5 years ago

I hope you are kidding?

Reagan and Bush Sr had Iran/Contra; or is the left now denying all of the investigations into that? Are you saying that there was no cover up.

Reagan himself was never charged, and, in 1992,   George H. W. Bush , Reagan’s vice president who was elected president in 1988, preemptively pardoned Weinberger.

McFarlane was charged with four counts of withholding information from Congress, a misdemeanor. He was sentenced to two years’ probation and $20,000 in fines.

North was charged with 12 counts relating to conspiracy and making false statements. Although he was convicted in his initial trial, the case was dismissed on appeal, due to a technicality, and North has since worked as a conservative author, critic, television host and head of the NRA.

Poindexter was initially indicted on seven felonies and ultimately tried on five. He was found guilty on four of the charges and sentenced to two years in prison, although his convictions were later vacated.

In addition, four CIA officers and five government contractors were also prosecuted; although all were found guilty of charges ranging from conspiracy to perjury to fraud, only one—private contractor Thomas Clines—ultimately served time in prison.

Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction. You can't get any more clear than that. Sorry, I will not provide a link for this one, as it is too obvious.

Bush Jr was the reasons for going to war in Iraq. Or do want to pretend Bush wasn't investigated up the ying yang for that; even after Congress authorized the use of military force. Also the outing of a secret service agent. Both were covered up by the administration.

Obama. Take your pick Fast and Furious- where he granted both Holder, and Holder's wife, executive privilege. Benghazi, IRS, Black Panther voter intimidation. If there was an investigation Obama obstructed using Executive Privilege, and forcing Congress to repeatedly take him to court to get evidence.

Four years after asserting executive privilege to block Congress from obtaining documents relating to a controversial federal gun trafficking investigation, President Barack Obama relented Friday, turning over to lawmakers thousands of pages of records that led to unusual House votes holding Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt in 2012.

In January, a federal district court judge rejected Obama's executive privilege claim over records detailing the Justice Department and White House's response to Operation Fast and Furious, a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives investigation that may have allowed as many as 2,000 firearms to pass into the hands of Mexican drug cartels.

In her ruling, U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson did not turn down Obama's privilege assertion on the merits. Instead, she said authorized public disclosures about the operation in a Justice Department inspector general report essentially mooted the administration's drive to keep the records secret.

Both sides had until midnight Friday to file an appeal. Instead, the Obama administration turned over a set of documents to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

"In light of the passage of time and other considerations, such as the Department's interest in moving past this litigation and building upon our cooperative working relationship with the Committee and other Congressional committees, the Department has decided that it is not in the Executive Branch's interest to continue litigating this issue at this time," Justice Deparment legislative liaison Peter Kadzik wrote in a letter Friday to House Oversight Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah).

Having   written extensively about Obama-era corruption , I felt it was necessary to remind everyone that not only was the Obama administration plagued by multiple scandals but that obstructing investigations was standard operating procedure. For Democrats, Trump calling the Mueller an investigation a witch hunt is an impeachable offense, but Obama refusing to cooperate with investigations was much ado about nothing.

Despite many abuses of power during the Obama years, not once did Attorney General Eric Holder or Attorney General Loretta Lynch ever appoint a special counsel to investigate them. Instead, they’d occasionally launch their own investigations, which   always   exonerated them, or, when the Republican-controlled House launched their own investigations, the Obama administration refused to cooperate and obstructed their investigations.

In August 2014,   47 of 73 inspectors general wrote an open letter to Congress informing them that the Obama administration of obstructing investigations   by not giving them full access to the information they need to investigate properly. Such a letter was unprecedented, and the systemic corruption and obstruction the inspectors general would have been considered an impeachable defense for almost any other president. Emboldened by the lack of outrage (thanks to lack of media attention to the scandal) emboldened the Obama administration to impose new restrictions on the investigative powers of inspectors general. Imagine President Trump trying to get away with that today?

Obstruction of justice was integral to the entire operation of the Obama administration. Whenever a scandal erupted, the kneejerk reaction by Obama and his cronies was to cover-up and obstruct. Below are the top five examples of investigations obstructed by the Obama administration.

But Trump is so much worse than all of the other Presidents?/S 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.37  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.26    5 years ago
Trump was elected to serve 4 years. Impeachment overturns the vote and truncates his term of office. That's undeniable.  But don't worry about being accurate, just bleat your shiny new 2019 talking points. 

Trump was elected to serve 4 years honestly and legally within the limits of power of the office of the Presidency.

Many people feel that Trump has abused his power many times in different ways and are exercising their Constitutional right to explore impeachment.

Is your whole premise is that he can only be impeached after his term has been served?  That's ridiculous.

But don't worry about being accurate Sean, it's not as if the FF did not include impeachment in the Constitution for a situation like this

Oh wait, they did.

You just can't admit that the two thing exist together and that impeachment over rules elections.  Too bad.

You need new non partisan talking points too.

This pit bull routine has gotten old and stale.

It boggles the mind how many times it has been explained to you and you just

bleat semantic games.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.38  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.37    5 years ago

Let me make this as simple as possible for you. The voters elected Trump to serve 4 years. Impeachment and removal prevents that from happening.  It's that simple.

Everything else you offered is irrelevant blather.

Acknowledging the perfectly obvious fact that impeachment and removal overturns the result of the election (Trump won a 4 year term) has nothing to do with the constitutionality of impeachment. Why you think it does is beyond me.  Nor does acknowledging the plain fact that  impeachment overturns an election bear any relationship with the correctness of any particular impeachment.   

Try and grasp  this, impeachment and removal of a President  is constitutional and can be an appropriate remedy, but it still overturns an election. 

Again, I know Democrats prioritize messaging over reality..  When a Democrat is threatened with impeachment,it's "overturning an election" because that fits the overall narrative they want their supporters to parrot. When it's a Republican President threatened, they spit in the face of reality rather than knowledge an obvious reality, for fear that the  obvious reality helps their enemies. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.39  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.38    5 years ago
Let me make this as simple as possible for you. The voters elected Trump to serve 4 years. Impeachment and removal prevents that from happening.  It's that simple.

Then you do not believe in impeachment

Got it

Rinse, blather, rinse.

Try and grasp  this, impeachment and removal of a President  is constitutional and can be an appropriate remedy, but it still overturns an election. 

You cannot hold both positions at the same time Sean.

Butt since you appear to be arguing with yourself and somehow blaming all non-Republicans,

please, have the last word on this partisan nonsense.

jrSmiley_72_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.40  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.39    5 years ago
n you do not believe in impeachment

Man, you have lost all contact with linear thought.  No wonder you don't even try and defend that nonsense with an argument,.

annot hold both positions at the same time Sean.

Of course, I, like any reality based person capable of nuanced thought can. That's why the  founders made the bar to remove an elected President so high, because it overturns an election. 

Butt since you appear to be arguing with yourself

No, I'm  stopping you from gaslighting the forum with your assault on the English language, logic and common sense. 

somehow blaming all non-Republican

No, I'm just laughing at your obvious hypocrisy. The idea that Democrats would be making this absurd argument if a Democrat were being impeached is laughable, as history demonstrates. Just try and claim it with a straight face. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.41  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1.15    5 years ago
I'll research and provide his compliance record if you research and provide his non-compliance record.

Sure...take the easy job....

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.1.42  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.38    5 years ago
Acknowledging the perfectly obvious fact that impeachment and removal overturns the result of the election

If that were true, Hillary would become President when Donald is impeached. Instead, Pence would be President just as the constitution mandates if the President is impeached, also a constitutional structure that has nothing to do with "overturning" an election but everything to do with removing Presidents who abuse their power or commit crimes while in office. If it were simply overturning the results of an election, like voiding the winner in a race, the runner up is awarded 1st place and is considered the winner. That obviously is not what impeachment would lead to, thus it is very clearly not overturning an election. Besides, what I believe you're trying to imply is that it's overturning the will of the people, but that's utter nonsense since the people overwhelmingly voted for Hillary. But even so, Hillary will never be President. She is done and there is no chance she will ever be President since she's not only tainted by a massive amount of disinformation and lies that millions of half wits and morons still believe in just like they still believe Obama was born in Kenya despite all evidence, but Hillary is also saddled with the fact she lost the electoral college votes to arguably the most despicable human being on the planet.

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.1.43  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.12    5 years ago
Sad that you don't understand a successful  impeachment  a President overturn an  election.

Sad that you think it does. It doesn't.

It removes him from office and denies him the right to hold future office. PERIOD full stop. It doesn't 'invalidate, reverse or overturn' anything. If it did, Pence would be going out the door right with Trump. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.1.44  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.14    5 years ago
Sure it can. Donald Trump was elected President. A successful impeachment overturns the results of an election and removes the legally elected President  from office before he completes the term he was elected for. Do you really not know that? 

GREAT! So we get a twofer' and Trump AND Pence go.

BTW, please consider practicing your copy and paste 'skills'. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.45  JohnRussell  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.39    5 years ago

Sean is completely spinning his wheels. It is what Trump defenders have been reduced to. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
8.1.46  Jack_TX  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.42    5 years ago
everything to do with removing Presidents who abuse their power or commit crimes while in office.

Which actually remains to be determined.

but Hillary is also saddled with the fact she lost the electoral college votes to arguably the most despicable human being on the planet.

To be fair, she gives him a run for the money in that contest.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.47  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.14    5 years ago

Unbelievable. What the hell is going on here? We clearly have too much freedom in this country. Where is the draft when you need it? /s

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.48  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.26    5 years ago

So who is your actual complain with the founders or NT? I just want to know what we are dealing with here for real!

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.1.49  Dulay  replied to  Jack_TX @8.1.46    5 years ago
Which actually remains to be determined.

Hence the need for deposing witnesses. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
8.1.50  Jack_TX  replied to  Dulay @8.1.49    5 years ago
Hence the need for deposing witnesses.

I don't actually have a problem with that.  I didn't have a problem with Bob Mueller investigating, either, BTW.  

I think the nature of impeachment proceedings is much less conducive to objectivity than Meuller's work was, so the outcome is likely to be more contentious no matter how it works out.

So we'll see what happens.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.51  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.30    5 years ago
Until then, Trump doesn't have to do anything. 

I hope he doesn't, then he can rack up a charge of Obstruction Of Justice, (which is an impeachable offense). 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.52  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.31    5 years ago
remove of Trump wouldn't truncate his Presidential term.

His PERSONALLY, yes. But it doesn't mean we wander aimlessly without a POTUS. As has been stated, Pence would be sworn in. We do actually have rules regarding the removal of a POTUS. Overturning the election would mean that Hillary would take over, which is not possible since Clinton is not even a government employee. 

Professor Guide
8.1.53  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.41    5 years ago
Sure...take the easy job....

You know me way too well.

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.3  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    5 years ago
Sad to see Democrats resort to Star Chamber tactics  and avoiding transparency at all costs.  A legitimate impeachment process, such as the Nixon and Clinton inquiries,  followed a bipartisan process that was agreed to by all sides.   Remember, Democracy dies in the darkness, and the Democrats are trying to overturn an election in secret.

Funny you should cite the Nixon and Clinton Impeachment process. 

First of all there wasn't an Impeachment inquiry for the Clinton Impeachment. NONE. The entire investigation was done by Ken Starr and a Grand Jury and ALL of it was behind closed doors. 

Secondly, for Nixon, the Impeachment inquiry by the Judiciary Committee began on October 20, 1973 yet a vote on the Resolution for an Impeachment inquiry didn't happen until February 6, 1974. 

Do the math on how the 'process' has been conducted in the past. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @8.3    5 years ago
l there wasn't an Impeachment inquiry for the Clinton Impeachment. NONE.

Why do you say things that aren't true?

CB
Professor Principal
8.3.2  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.3.1    5 years ago

Okay on that Clinton inquiry point . Good research.

Now, what is it you can't understand about the other reasonable explanations given by the present inquiry committees?

Let me add my personal thought on this: Experience has demonstrated that Donald and his donalders want the testimonies of these witnesses public simply so they can spin it as it flows out of their mouths. That is, Donald wants to bark out his lies about it in that 'special way' Trump does - see WH lawn, rallies, and Press events. And his donalders want to water down the testimonies before they can develop or be properly deliberated delineated. That is, donalders are impatient to start their noise campaigns.

I applaud the democrats for understanding the frenemy sating  the gate. Republican donalders are up to no good (yet again). These folks (especially Gohmert) are deceitful, untrustworthy, and dare I say it, rotten| to| the | core.

original

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.3.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  CB @8.3.2    5 years ago
Okay on that Clinton inquiry point . Good research.

Speaks volumes that six liberals gave a thumbs up to an obviously false claim, doesn't it?  Sad to see.

and about the other reasonable explanations given by the present inquiry committees

Holding secret hearings isn't reasonable.

Given the magnitude of the situation, the reasonable way to proceed with an impeachment inquiry is to follow the precedent of bipartisan agreement for the process followed by the House in the Clinton and Nixon impeachment inquiries. By all means, if you want to discredit the process by turning it into a purely partisan affair and gift wrap a reason for Republicans to oppose it, keep doing what you are doing.

I assume Democrats actually don't want to remove Trump from office and just want to damage him Becasue they are doing everything in their power to assure Republican Senators won't for it with their blatant partisanship. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.3.4  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.3.1    5 years ago

After YEARS of investigating Clinton, Starr released his report to the Judiciary committee on Sept. 9, 1998 and by Sept. 21st they released 3,183 pages of the report to the public including Grand Jury testimony. Note that those dates are a MONTH BEFORE the Oct. 8 vote for the 'official' inquiry to begin. 

The 'official' Impeachment inquiry lasted for less than a month. It actually started November 19th and ended on Dec. 11th. They didn't investigate, they had Starr testify and wrote up the Articles of Impeachment from Starr's referral. 

Oh and BTFW, note that Clinton wasn't allowed to have his lawyer cross examine Starr. I guess that means that Clinton didn't get due process...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.3.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @8.3.4    5 years ago

Yes, I know I was correct and that you published false facts.

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.3.6  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.3.3    5 years ago
Holding secret hearings isn't reasonable.

When did 'secret hearing' suddenly become unreasonable Sean?

You talk about 'precedent' yet you want us to ignore the precedent set by other investigations conducted by GOP Chairman. Why is that? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.3.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.3.5    5 years ago

wow...I think you need a nap

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.3.8  Split Personality  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.3.7    5 years ago

Isn't

'false facts" an oxymoron?

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
8.3.9  cobaltblue  replied to  Split Personality @8.3.8    5 years ago
'false facts" an oxymoron?

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

"Alternative facts" was a phrase used by U.S. Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway during a Meet the Press interview on January 22, 2017, in which she defended White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer's false statement about the attendance numbers of Donald Trump's inauguration as President of the United States.

CB
Professor Principal
8.3.10  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.3.3    5 years ago

Votes are votes.

The real problem you have with impeaching Trump is he is not Nixon or Clinton. Neither is this congress, either of those earlier congresses. Both of those former presidents were men who wanted to use the system to their advantage, but they never intended to stretch it till it breaks.

Trump is a survivalist. He won't submit until he has no choice but to do so. For now, it is clear, that as long as Donald has donalders to man his political ramparts he will continue to 'rule' from his throne in D.C. —But you are aware of this already.

Trump is a manipulator. It is his 'super power.' He tells his "lieutenants" to fan out and populate the 'countryside' and all the networks and to spend their time disrupting the free exchange of information and depositing disinformation. He fully understands the media has to report the disinformation even as they 'square it.' All the while, Trump and the donalders are off pedaling a new batch of disinformation. And the cycle continues. Even though everybody is aware of what is happening.

Sean, somebody has to break the cycle. Nancy Pelosi apparently has caught on. Let us continue in this direction we're headed and see what becomes of it. Shall we?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9  Sunshine    5 years ago

Schiff ran out with his tail between his legs.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sunshine @9    5 years ago

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.1    5 years ago

Keeping judiciary  committee members out of an "impeachment" hearing.

This is what they've sunk to. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sunshine @9    5 years ago

You wish.  With the invasion of those idiots trying to crash the hearings, it was best to just walk away for now.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sunshine @9    5 years ago

He was protecting his witness. You might want to actually read the article

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.3    5 years ago

Protecting his witness????? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif   From what exactly?

All the article said was " Chairman Schiff immediately left with the witness"

CB
Professor Principal
9.3.2  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.3.1    5 years ago
Protecting his witness????? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif   From what exactly?

cooltext339385868181235.png Enmasse.  Horror-ween!!! 

Professor Guide
9.3.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.3.1    5 years ago

Laugh all you want, but if you don't think there were pacemakers sparking and toupee glue melting all over the place when those fools went bursting into the room, you would be mistaken.

We have a president that has spoken frequently of his preference to use the death penalty on whistleblowers and others who cross him or who are willing to cooperate with the impeachment investigation.  For all we know, today's witness could have indeed been the original whistleblower. 

Adam Schiff did the right thing. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if future witnesses backed out because of today's republican-staged nonsense.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.3.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.3.1    5 years ago

SIGH

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.3.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.3.4    5 years ago

Again, from what??

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.3.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.3.5    5 years ago

You need a nap, too

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
9.3.7  cobaltblue  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.3.5    5 years ago
Again, from what??

From the cellphones that were illegally taken into the room. There are total nutjobs that would kill civilians thinking it helps the Traitor-In-Chief. He's a thug that has ignorant minions under his control.

This is a partial list. The cited material contains 52 incidents and there are others not mentioned. Trumpelthinskin counts on ignorance to incite people. He's called his supporters idiots from the outset and he's not stopped. His supporters are unAmerican, unpatriotic thugs. What a bunch of rubes.

Eric Lin  /  August 2019 / Miami, Florida
Lin allegedly bombarded a Hispanic woman in Florida with threatening racist and pro-Nazi messages on Facebook, and plotted to pay someone to kidnap and assault her. In one message, Lin allegedly wrote: “I Thank God everyday President Donald John Trump is President and that he will launch a Racial War and Crusade”, adding that non-white people would be sent to concentration camps or dealt with by the US military. Lin, 35, was arrested in Seattle in August 2019 and charged with the interstate transmission of a threatening communication.

Dallas Frazier  /  August 2019  /  Cincinnati, Ohio
Frazier, 29, got out of his truck and repeatedly punched a 61-year-old anti-Trump protester in the head outside a Trump rally in Cincinnati, Ohio, in August 2019. Cellphone video footage of the attack was posted online. Frazier, of Georgetown, Kentucky, was arrested and charged with assault.

Unidentified Man / June 2019  /  Boston, Massachusetts
In June 2019 in Boston, the man allegedly placed Scott Eisen, a photojournalist, in a choke-hold and punched Eisen in the face while shouting: “Fake news! Trump 2020!” Eisen said the attack happened as he loaded equipment into a car after covering reaction to the elimination of the Boston Bruins from the Stanley Cup finals. Eisen suffered minor injuries to his face.

John Kless  /  April 2019  /  Tamarac, Florida
In April 2019, Kless threatened to kill several Democrats during telephone calls to congressional offices. He attacked congresswoman Rashida Tlaib of Michigan for presuming to “tell our president, Donald Trump, what to say”. Kless, 49, told congressman Eric Swallwell of California: “You’re gonna die.” He said he’d like to throw congresswoman Ilhan Omar of Minnesota “right off the Empire State Building”. Kless, of Tamarac, Florida, was indicted by a grand jury on two counts of transmitting threats through interstate communications. He pleaded guilty to one count and was due to be sentenced in August 2019.

James Patrick  /  October 2018  /  Winterhaven, Florida
Patrick, of Winter Haven, Florida, was arrested after allegedly threatening to kill Democrats in Facebook posts that were reported to police in October 2018. He was was charged with making written threats to kill. Then 53, Patrick allegedly said he would kill elected Democrats and members of their families in Washington. He warned he would act if Brett Kavanaugh was not confirmed to the supreme court. “It is all I think about night and day,” he wrote. In court, Patrick’s attorney played down the remarks as the "rantings of a man who disagrees with the Democratic liberal populous" and likened them to those made by “a certain high-ranking official” – Trump. In one Facebook post, Patrick described himself as a “Trump Militant Conservative” and called for the enslavement of “not just blacks but ALL liberals”. He pleaded not guilty to a charge of threatening to kill or injure.

Cesar Sayoc  /  October 2018  /  Plantation, Florida
In October 2018, Sayoc mailed 16 homemade pipe bombs to prominent critics of Trump across the country and to CNN, the cable news station most frequently derided by the president. None of the devices detonated and no one was injured. Attorneys for Sayoc said in a sentencing memo that he “found light in Donald J Trump” and while watching Fox News religiously “came to believe that prominent Democrats were actively working to hurt him, other Trump supporters and the country as a whole”. They noted Trump “specifically blamed many of the individuals whom Mr Sayoc ultimately targeted”. Sayoc, 57, was captured by police in Plantation, Florida, where he was living in a van plastered with pro-Trump stickers. He pleaded guilty to 65 felony charges, including using weapons of mass destruction in an attempted domestic terrorist attack, and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. His attorney told the court: “The president’s rhetoric contributed to Mr Sayoc’s behavior.”

Cite

CB
Professor Principal
9.3.8  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.3.1    5 years ago
Protecting his witness????? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif From what exactly?

original Enmasse .   Spooky-ween!!! 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.3.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  cobaltblue @9.3.7    5 years ago

But wait, there's more...............................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.3.10  Tessylo  replied to  cobaltblue @9.3.7    5 years ago

That breitfart link posted by Jim I think had some kind of virus.  Fucking up the page.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.3.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @9.3.10    5 years ago

No, no it doesn't.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
9.4  cobaltblue  replied to  Sunshine @9    5 years ago
Schiff ran out with his tail between his legs.

Too fuckin' funny! He escorted the witness out and returned thereafter. Jeez louise, get your facts straight. For gawdsake ...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  cobaltblue @9.4    5 years ago
He escorted the witness out and returned thereafter.

She missed that part

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.4.2  Dulay  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.4.1    5 years ago

She conveniently ignored that part. 

There, fixed it. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.4.3  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.4.1    5 years ago

She missed that part

I would be shocked if she even read the article. 

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
10  al Jizzerror    5 years ago
“You should be outraged if  you’re an American at what’s happening here,” said House Freedom Caucus Chairman Andy Biggs, R-Ariz. “You should be allowed to confront your accusers; this is being held behind closed doors for a reason — because they don’t want you to see what the witnesses are like.”

These Congressional hearings are analogous to grand jury hearings (which are held behind closed doors).  Nobody gets to confront grand jury witnesses.  

If the witnesses provide evidence that results in impeachment proceedings, Congress will prepare articles of impeachment.  If the House votes to impeach a trial will be held in the Senate.

At that point the Presidents lawyers will confront the accusers and have the opportunity to cross-examine. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
10.1  Ronin2  replied to  al Jizzerror @10    5 years ago

Bullshit. Grand Juries don't leak selective evidence to back up their narratives. Which has been pointed out several times. 

Sorry, skip the trial in the Senate- go straight to the vote. Give this shit show the lack of consideration it deserves.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ronin2 @10.1    5 years ago
Sorry, skip the trial in the Senate- go straight to the vote

That's not constitutional and I'm pretty sure you know that

Dulay
Professor Expert
10.1.2  Dulay  replied to  Ronin2 @10.1    5 years ago
Bullshit. Grand Juries don't leak selective evidence to back up their narratives. Which has been pointed out several times. 

What has been selectively leaked? Please be specific. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11  MrFrost    5 years ago

These repubs are just mad because their messiah is about to be removed from office. Maybe they should take a class on how our government works? They do it again, have them arrested. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Schiff should have had them all arrested. 

Give them an inch and they'll try to take a mile. 

Trump will confront his accusers at his senate trial. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
12.1  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @12    5 years ago

Exactly. Especially that bottom feeder Jordan. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @12    5 years ago

giphy.gif

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
12.3  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @12    5 years ago

That would virtually guarantee their re-elections for the next 40 years, and probably get Trump re-elected, as well.

People love a martyr.

JBB
Professor Principal
14  JBB    5 years ago

Well then, you obviously thought wrong, again, and if you do not like it then you can get your happy ass elected to Congress, propose a constitutional amendment and then get two thirds of the states to ratify it. Up and until then what you "think" is irrelevant and you are impotent to do one damn thing about it butt bitch and moan, again. It is Nancy Pelosi's Show now and she gets to run it her way this time. Don't like it? Too bad so sad, for you and the damn gop. Elections have consequences. Remember? The Democrats whooped the damn gop in 2018 and so the Democrats get to run The Impeachment of Donald Trump. Because? Because the US Constitution says so...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
16  MrFrost    5 years ago

Poor nutters, they want in the clubhouse but don't know the password. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
16.2  Sunshine  replied to  MrFrost @16    5 years ago
but don't know the password. 

They didn't need one.  The basement dwellers ran like little girls.  

lib50
Professor Silent
16.2.1  lib50  replied to  Sunshine @16.2    5 years ago

Oh, would that include the republicans on the committees?  Sounds like, once again, the dems left the whiny brats to throw their tantrum without enabling more childish behavior from a group of idiots that don't have the right to be in the room because they aren't on the committees.   Yea, the rats are leaving the ship, just not the ones you think you are describing.  Good projection though.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
17  lady in black    5 years ago

These republicans are snowflakes and are in need a safe space and a crying towel because they're not allowed in, are they going to sit in the corner holding their breath...hey I have an idea....FOLLOW THE FUCKING RULES

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
18  bbl-1    5 years ago

GOPERS stormed the meeting.  Why?  If there is nothing----why the outcry?  Is it the Trump's hair?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
18.1  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @18    5 years ago

Really, what the hell do they have to hide by obstructing the hearings?

Tick, tock, tick, tock. . . . . . .

pat wilson
Professor Participates
19  pat wilson    5 years ago

What a bunch of ass hats ! What's next pitchforks and torches ?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
20  lady in black    5 years ago

Crooked donnie approved them doing this....he's a disgusting pos masquerading as a president, he CAN'T FOLLOW THE RULES...HE THINKS HE ABOVE IT ALL

Trump signed off on GOP crashing impeachment testimony, Bloomberg says

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
21  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

Dozens of Republican House members were correct to courageously protest and fight back Wednesday against House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff’s blatantly partisan and absurdly fact-free impeachment witch hunt of President Trump.

The Republicans must not relent in opposing the fake grand jury that Schiff, D-Calif., is conducting under the guise of an impeachment inquiry that has never been authorized by a vote of the full House. 

Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., led the elected officials who entered a closed-door deposition with Defense Department official Laura Cooper to expose the secret kangaroo court Schiff is running in an effort to overturn the results of the 2016 election.

HOUSE DEMS' IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY HEARING RESUMES AFTER GOP STORMS SECURE AREA

Democrats still can’t get over the fact that the American people elected Trump instead of Hillary Clinton. Their unprecedented bitterness marks them as sore losers who reject the fact that elections have consequences.

For over 1,000 days, Democratic elected officials and their media allies have waged an unrelenting campaign of extraordinary presidential harassment – doing everything possible to stop President Trump from carrying out his agenda to Make America Great Again and to improve the lives of the American people.

Now Gaetz and his colleagues are finally saying that enough is enough. They deserve the thanks of all Americans for their brave stand.

First, the Democrats falsely claimed that Trump was a Russian agent. Then they lied again and said Trump is a racist. Then they warned that Trump would cause a recession. Now the phony scandal the Democrats have trotted out is Ukraine.

Never before in American history has a duly elected president been treated so horribly by a deranged resistance – with the mainstream media willing accomplices.

Everyone knows what failed investigations look like. Schiff – with the blessing of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif. – is covering all the bases.

Schiff’s shady inquiry – being run in secret behind closed doors – goes against everything our legislative branch of government stands for.

Schiff is running a fairy tale grand jury that has already determined the outcome – impeachment. There’s no precedent for any of these petty partisan antics. Republicans have every right to protest.

Since 1789, Congress has operated in a fair and respectful manner, where the minority party is afforded rights. Schiff has stripped the minority of its rights. That’s because Schiff knows that if he gives Republicans any rights, they’ll defeat his weak case in the blink of an eye.

The legislative branch is supposed to operate in an open and transparent manner designed to allow American citizens to look inside to see what’s going on. Schiff is conducting his investigation in the shadows – the kind of proceeding we expect to find in dictatorships, not democracies.

What is Schiff trying to hide? Sunlight is the best disinfectant, but Schiff’s rotten operation smells from one end of Pennsylvania Avenue to the other.

Under Congress’ constitutionally mandated oversight responsibilities in our system of checks and balances, the legislative branch is supposed to run fact-finding inquiries that seek the truth – not secret prosecutions weighing criminal charges and jail time.

Schiff is running a fairy tale grand jury that has already determined the outcome – impeachment. There’s no precedent for any of these petty partisan antics. Republicans have every right to protest.

The American people understand these basic truths: the presumption of innocence; the withholding of judgment until the facts are known; the right of the accused to question their accusers; and perhaps most importantly, that everyone is entitled to due process and basic fairness.

Schiff doesn’t think the American people are very smart and believes they won’t catch on to his disgraceful witch hunt. He’s wrong.

Thanks to courageous Republican members of Congress like Gaetz, Jim Jordan of Ohio and Mark Meadows of North Carolina, the American people are going to learn the truth about the Pelosi-Schiff clown show – and it will go down in flames in the court of public opinion.

Adam Schiff ought to be ashamed of his disgraceful conduct. He’s carrying out a political hit job for Hillary Clinton and the anti-Trump left who hate President Trump more than they love our country.

The most important question of the day was asked by President Trump when he tweeted “Where’s the whistleblower?” As the days and weeks pass by, it’s become obvious that the whistleblower is now an inconvenience for Schiff.

Schiff would have brought the whistleblower in to testify long ago unless there’s a political downside to doing so. So, what’s Schiff trying to cover up? Maybe his own actions?

Schiff must think that the whistleblower’s testimony and back story would expose this farce of an impeachment inquiry for what it is – a baseless and venomous political attack.

This reminds me of the hit job Hillary Clinton and the Democrats hired ex-British spy Christopher Steele to carry out in 2016 by producing a dossier filled with lies about Trump.

This latest attempt to frame the president will fail as well, and justice will ultimately prevail. History will judge the ceaseless and baseless Democratic attacks on President Trump in the same way it judges the Salem witch trials that began in Massachusetts in 1692 – a grave injustice that should never have taken place.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
21.1  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @21    5 years ago

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
21.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @21.1    5 years ago

Dulay
Professor Expert
21.1.2  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @21.1.1    5 years ago

Deflect, deflect, deflect. Well done Xx. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
21.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Dulay @21.1    5 years ago

BTW y'all, Beau's commentary on many topics is well checking out IMHO.

CB
Professor Principal
21.1.4  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @21.1.1    5 years ago

Well, this is interesting. Maybe Trump should be mad that Russia made him its "useful idiot" president. Because, right now YOU could be doing your best to impeach Hillary! Alas, history will flag 'the idiot' instead. The "successful" businessman won't be able to live this one down! Although, it will be interested to see how the future Trump Library records in totality this third year of a Trump presidency!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
21.2  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @21    5 years ago

The writer of this nonsense is a known propagandist for Donald Trump.  If you dont believe me google David Bossie. 

Trumpsters are complaining that Trump has no representation in the impeachment hearings. 

47 Republican congressmen can attend the depositions, and the ones that are on the Intelligence Committee are given time to ask questions. Republican lawyers chose by their ranking member are also asking questions of the witnesses. 

There is no "unfairness" at these hearings. It is a ruse from the right (Trumpsters) in Congress. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
21.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @21.2    5 years ago

The article is right in every way in what it said about those heroic Congress persons.  With the others US Attorney cases going to a criminal investigation and the IG report about to be released, the deep state is about to receive a mortal wound for its crimes against the American people. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
21.3  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @21    5 years ago
Thanks to courageous Republican members of Congress like Gaetz, Jim Jordan of Ohio and Mark Meadows of North Carolina, the American people are going to learn the truth about the Pelosi-Schiff clown show – and it will go down in flames in the court of public opinion.

Oh YES, the 'brave' Jim Jordan, who instead of standing there WHINING 'Let us in', could have and should have taken his fucking seat in the SCIF since he is a member to the Oversight Committee and already authorized to participate in the depositions. 

Gaslighting at it's worst. 

Professor Guide
21.3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Dulay @21.3    5 years ago
Gaslighting at it's worst. 

...or gasbagging at its best.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
21.3.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @21.3.1    5 years ago

I stand by my counter point to your seed. 

Professor Guide
21.3.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51 @21.3.2    5 years ago
I stand by my counter point to your seed.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you made one. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
22  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Many of these depositions of witnesses are lasting 7 , 8 or even 10 hours. 

Who in their right mind thinks the Republicans on those committees are not taking part in the questioning over a 8 hour period?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
22.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @22    5 years ago

One of the D's in attendance all day yesterday actually stated that about 2/3ds of the R's eventually slip out early or do not return from lunch.

In particular he praised Rooney (R) FL and " a handfull" other Republicans for staying throughout and actually asking very good questions.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
22.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Split Personality @22.1    5 years ago
One of the D's in attendance all day yesterday actually stated that about 2/3ds of the R's eventually slip out early or do not return from lunch.

They shoulda done the Steve Cohen thing....and brought a "Barrel Lunch" !

Dulay
Professor Expert
22.1.2  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @22.1.1    5 years ago

Or they should do like the 'stormers', order pizza and leave their garbage all over the SCIF. Ya, that's the ticket. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
22.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Dulay @22.1.2    5 years ago
Or they should do like the 'stormers', order pizza and leave their garbage all over the SCIF.

SCIF: The "Improved Dumpster Room - established 2017

Good place as any to leave it !

Dulay
Professor Expert
22.1.4  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @22.1.3    5 years ago
SCIF: The "Improved Dumpster Room - established 2017 Good place as any to leave it !

Right, a multi-million dollar 'dumpster' regulated by Federal law and National Intelligence Directives. 

Defending the indefensible. Well done. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
22.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  It Is ME @22.1.1    5 years ago

Actually the protesters ordered in and had two large bags (?) of Chick Fil A delivered along with 17 Domino's pizzas.

I saw the Pizza being delivered, but no drinks?

An hour later they were all waiting in line at the lavatories and the protest "broke up".

That's a lot of work for some free pizza & chicken sandwiches, lol.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
22.1.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Split Personality @22.1.5    5 years ago

It’s always great to leave Chick Fil-A around democrat meeting places.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
22.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @22.1.6    5 years ago

The SCIF was a bipartisan hearing room with 68 Democrats and 54 Republicans in attendance.

Trash is trash no matter where it comes from.

Keep trying.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
23  al Jizzerror    5 years ago

Loose lips sink SCIFs.

GOP lawmaker shares audio of phone call he made from highly classified SCIF room

BY ARIS FOLLEY - 10/23/19 04:32 PM EDT

Rep. Alex Mooney (R-W.Va.) shared audio of a phone call he made from inside a secure room at the Capitol where Democrats were attempting to interview a witness as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Trump

The interview was delayed for hours after a group of conservative Republican lawmakers, including Mooney, stormed into the room to protest what they say has been an unfair impeachment process.

The protest took place inside what's known as a SCIF — an acronym for sensitive compartmented information facility. Such rooms are used when secure, nationally sensitive information is to be shared or discussed.

Dulay
Professor Expert
24  Dulay    5 years ago

Professor Guide
24.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Dulay @24    5 years ago

Good news indeed.  I hope it is dealt with in an appropriate manner.

Also, I bet taxpayers were charged for the pizza.  Reimbursement would be nice.

Professor Guide
24.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @24.1    5 years ago

Just found out about the two large bags of Chick fil  A. (A curtsy to SP)  I want reimbursement for that, as well.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
24.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @24.1.1    5 years ago

You just know it was on our dime.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
25  Dismayed Patriot    5 years ago

How do you think Republicans would have reacted if:

Back in 2011 a whistleblower came forward with allegations that Obama was using a shadow State department circumventing the career officials, and was telling our Ukrainian allies that even though they were being regularly invaded by Russian forces and their sovereignty was at stake, that the US wouldn't even hold meetings with them or give the hundreds of millions in Republican congresses approved military funding if the President of Ukraine didn't come out publicly and announce that his government was launching a criminal investigation into "Bain Capital", a company that Obama knew the front runner Republican candidate once worked for and could easily be tied to in political hit ads even if they couldn't ever prove the Republican did anything wrong.

The whistleblower complaint claimed “I have received information from multiple U.S. Government officials that the President of the United States is using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2012 U.S. election,”

The ambassador to Ukraine tells investigators that "More Ukrainians would undoubtedly die without U.S. assistance." and then informs investigators that he was told by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that "President Obama had told her that he wants the President of Ukraine to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate 'Bain Capital'" and even meeting with President Obama would be "dependent on a public announcement of the investigations, in fact the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said "everything" was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance".

Only the names have been changed...

I'm sure Republicans would have been totally fine with it, right? /s

They would have just said it's all 'Obama derangement Syndrome' and that people are just hating on the President because of his skin color and that there's nothing wrong with withholding congressionally approved military funding for our allies unless the ally helps President Obama win the 2012 election by digging up dirt on the front runner Mitt Romney and the company he worked for. I'm sure Republicans wouldn't have even bothered to hold hearings or investigations to get to the bottom of the allegations and just chalked it up to a partisan official and racist whistleblower. /s

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
25.1  cobaltblue  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @25    5 years ago
Only the names have been changed...

That's what so many of us said, however not as succinctly as you've put it, DP. I would hope they would have caused an uproar if President Obama would have done the things Trump has done, and I would have joined them. If President Obama would have done one one-hundredth of what Trump has done, I would have wanted him out of office. Of course if he would have said he grabbed pussies, if he had cheated vendors and contractors out of their pay, if he would have had associations with hookers while married, I wouldn't have voted for him at all. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
25.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  cobaltblue @25.1    5 years ago

If the Trump supporters would just come out an admit that yes, they would have been furious about Obama doing this stuff, but because Trump is stacking the courts with partisan conservative judges, dropping protections for LGTBQ Americans and championing a warped version of religious freedom that allows Christians to discriminate, they simply don't care about the law or the constitution anymore, then I'd be happy to accept their truthful response. As it is we'll just get more deflection, distraction, 'what-about-isms' and bogus complaints over process as they continue to flail in their defense of the indefensible.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
25.1.2  katrix  replied to  cobaltblue @25.1    5 years ago

Absolutely. But then, non-right wingers aren't as hypocritical as Trump worshippers. Look at that hypocritical asshole Lindsay Graham:

Asked by a reporter in 1998 if he thought there would be hearings with "some of the principals," Graham said: "The depositions, I think, will determine whether or not we go forward with hearings. I think it's a very smart thing to do, to depose these people and find out what they've got to say and not drag this thing out unnecessarily. And it's going to end by the end of the year."

And Trump's worshippers feel the same way. It was fine for them to do it, but not for the Dems. They hate the Constitution and our country and don't give a flying fuck about ethics or morality or common decency. No wonder our country is so divided - I really don't understand why the Trump worshippers don't just go move to Saudi Arabia or somewhere instead of shitting all over America.

CB
Professor Principal
25.1.3  CB  replied to  katrix @25.1.2    5 years ago

Now this is some righteous indignation occurring!

Just on Friday we heard from a sensible former president who did everything he possibly could while in office to beat back the darkness dwelling in some conservative hearts-just so as to make a proud people larger:

Obama speaks at Elijah Cummings' funeral

@8:00 minutes you will find the most amazing statements about 'being kind. . . .'

What a superb speaker. What a superb Christian man. A man loved by the church. A man celebrated by the church. A man who will be remembered
as a truly remarkable president in every sense of the word: Listen to Barack Obama deliver his remarks in their entirety. And, remember.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
28  Steve Ott    5 years ago

Frat Boy Thermopylae

Russell Berman writes that Democrats have opened themselves to criticism by conducting these hearings behind closed doors , but their reasons for doing so are rational (that is, not arbitrary). I don’t fully trust Committee Chairman Adam Schiff either, but if the Democrats can get a mass of evidence via testimony they’ve gathered in collaboration with committee Republicans, and then that evidence is examined in public hearings, with these witnesses available for bipartisan questioning, then the secrecy of this phase of the investigation would have been justified, or at least it would cease to be an issue for most people.

However,   as Jim Geraghty writes today :

The most common justification is that this is like a grand jury portion of a criminal hearing, and the committee majority and their staff, acting as the equivalent of prosecutors, don’t want the witnesses and potential witnesses to coordinate their testimony. This answer would be a little more compelling if we weren’t getting considerable leaks of information, which would seem to undermine that objective. Bill Taylor’s detailed, 16-page opening statement was first in the  Washington Post  but eventually posted everywhere –  Time  magazine, CBS News, CNN, PBS.

He’s right about this. There should not be leaks. As a political decision, the Democrats keeping the hearings closed is risky. But unlike barging into a secure room to disrupt a Congressional procedure, it is legal. Again, the leaks ought not be happening, but that’s not a justification for opening up the hearings at this phase in the impeachment inquiry. Do not forget that the House Republicans, when they were in the majority,   conducted most of the Benghazi hearings behind closed doors   — and for good reason. In fact, after Hillary Clinton’s 2015 public testimony, Chairman Trey Gowdy decided to return to closed-door hearings.   From an Atlantic piece in 2015:

Don’t look for the House Select Committee on Benghazi to do business in public again anytime soon.

On the heels of Hillary Clinton’s 11-hour appearance before the panel last week, the committee is heading back behind closed doors for what’s likely to be the rest of the roughly two dozen interviews that Republicans envision.

Closed-door, transcribed interviews have been the GOP’s standard practice throughout the long-running probe, which has included just four public hearings (and Clinton’s was the first since January).

That preference likely reinforced by the hearing with Clinton, which was widely viewed as a political win for the Democratic front-runner and also featured some bitter exchanges between Republicans and Democrats.

Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, appearing on   Meet The Press   on Sunday, said private sessions don’t include “bickering” among members. Host Chuck Todd asked Gowdy whether TV cameras add to “grandstanding” on both sides of the aisle.

“What do you think, Chuck? You have been following Congress for a long time. I can just tell you the private interviews, there is never any of what you saw Thursday,” Gowdy said. He said the next two dozen interviews would be behind closed doors. “The private ones always produce better results,” he said.

“The private ones always produce better results,”   according to the Republican Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, in 2015.

Well, yes. After yesterday’s stunt, I don’t blame Democrats for holding the fact-finding part of the investigation behind closed doors, to make it impossible for Republican members of the committee to grandstand for the cameras. The assault on the secure room by the mob of GOP members vindicates that decision. I wasn’t sure what to think about it until I saw the clip of Matt Gaetz, swaggering and cocky, like he had just successfully pulled off a panty raid. Yesterday’s frat-boy Thermopylae shows that the House Republicans aren’t taking this seriously enough.

So Republicans are whining about Democrats using the rules that Republicans created. Just shows that none of these illegitimate children born of incest can actually conceive of anything bad happening from present actions in the future.

Dulay
Professor Expert
28.1  Dulay  replied to  Steve Ott @28    5 years ago
Again, the leaks ought not be happening

What leaks are you talking about? As far as I know, there have been none. 

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
28.1.1  Steve Ott  replied to  Dulay @28.1    5 years ago

I don't know either and I wondered about that when I read the article. The last paragraph is mine, the rest is copy and paste from the linked article.

Dulay
Professor Expert
28.1.2  Dulay  replied to  Steve Ott @28.1.1    5 years ago

Ya they keep saying that over and over again yet not one of them has cited this alleged 'leaked' information. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
28.1.6  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @28.1.3    5 years ago
If Adam Schiff found it necessary to "release" a PART of the testimony, (in other words leak what he believes might be beneficial to his position), why then did he not "release" ALL of the testimony?  Does Adam Schiff have something to hide that is deleterious to his position? 'Inquiring' minds want to know.

Volker chose whether to release his opening statement and texts, NOT Adam Schiff. 

The same is true of the other witnesses whose opening statements were released.

EVERY one of the opening statements submitted by witnesses have been released. NOT ONE has been held back or redacted in any way. 

The Committees do NOT release witness generated documents without the witness signing off on it. Documents [threats] sent from WH counsel to witness counsel have also been released by witnesses. 

Many media sources, including the Federalist, reported that they had received a copy of Volker's opening statement. 

As long as they didn't include classified information, Volker and any of the other witnesses could have released their opening statements before their deposition or they could have read it aloud from a soap box outside of the capitol. 

The transcripts of the depositions will go through a process with the Committee and the witnesses lawyers before it is finalized. The witness is allowed to 'correct and extend' their testimony in writing. This process takes WEEKS!

IF the Committee votes [see House rules] to release the transcripts, the WH will be allowed to review the transcripts and make a WRITTEN request that certain parts of the transcript be redacted and the Committee will vote on allowing those redactions. 

Next. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
28.1.7  Dulay  replied to  Release The Kraken @28.1.4    5 years ago

jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

Dulay
Professor Expert
28.1.8  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @28.1.5    5 years ago
I know that and you know that, but we both realize that there are actually some that believe the pabulum they were spoon fed by the majority of the media talking heads and of course the selected information 'releases' by Adam Schiff and company (aka selected information leaks)

Yet both of you desperately need to ignore those of us who make arguments based on supportable facts and documents. 

Considering that there have already been three (3) Articles of Impeachment that failed to garner the requisite votes on the floor of the House, they'll try to accomplish one (the fourth) behind closed doors in secret and see if the results are any better. 

Those prior Articles of Impeachment were cited by Chief Judge Howell to support the fact that the Impeachment Inquiry is legitimate. That's a pretty fucking good result in and of itself. 

Of course, anything that comes out of the secret inquiry will still need to be presented to the entire House of Representatives for a vote, but to the Democrats that's minor technicalities,

Actually, the results will be submitted to the Judiciary Committee. See the House Rules. 

and they'll change the rules when it comes to that point.

Why? The rules as they stand have been working just fine so far. 

Professor Guide
29  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

Comments closed.  Thanks to all who participated.