Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis rips into Donald Trump in a scathing statement.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  one month ago  •  104 comments

By:   Amanda Macias, National Security Reporter

Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis rips into Donald Trump in a scathing  statement.
“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,”

More and more of these sorts of things are happening...this time around. Here's an important related seed:

US Military Adviser Resigns After Trump's Photo Op At Church

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

WASHINGTON — Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis ripped into his former boss President Donald Trump in a scathing Wednesday night statement. 

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis wrote. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership,” he wrote, adding that he “watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled.”

Before Mattis became Trump’s Defense secretary, the four-star Marine Corps general led the U.S. Central Command, the combat command responsible for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mattis, a revered Marine with a military career spanning four decades, was hailed for his battlefield prowess and kinship with rank-and-file servicemembers.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

Krishna
1  seeder  Krishna    one month ago

Before Mattis became Trump’s Defense secretary, the four-star Marine Corps general led the U.S. Central Command, the combat command responsible for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mattis, a revered Marine with a military career spanning four decades, was hailed for his battlefield prowess and kinship with rank-and-file servicemembers.

Krishna
2  seeder  Krishna    one month ago

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis wrote.

“We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership,” he wrote, adding that he “watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled.”

Kavika
4  Kavika     one month ago

For those of our readers are not familiar with JIm Matties here is his bio. 

Amazing man. 

Kudos to General Mattis, say it like it is. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/james-mattis-defense-secretary-career-biography-2018-1

Kavika
4.1  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @4    one month ago

Should read Jim Mattis. Sorry for the spelling error.

Buzz of the Orient
4.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @4    one month ago

Maybe Mattis should be nominated to be the Republican candidate instead of Trump - Eisenhower was okay, wasn't he?  If I were a Republican I'd be embarrassed as hell at this point, wouldn't even vote for Trump.

JohnRussell
5  JohnRussell    one month ago

Trumps world is collapsing. His daughter Tiffany supported a Black Lives Matter on line protest at Instagram. 

Krishna
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @5    one month ago
Trumps world is collapsing. His daughter Tiffany supported a Black Lives Matter on line protest at Instagram

I've been watching the news covgerage. And little by little I've been seeing things that surprised me.Every so often I've seen a cop (or sometimes more than one) "take a knee" as a gesture of support for their cause. Occasionally I've seen protesters and cops hugging...

And perhaps even more surprising in the increasing number of Republican elected officials who have been openly critical of one or more of trump's actions.

And in addition, more and more are criticizing not only a specfic action, but rather his presidency in general.

Krishna
5.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1    one month ago

BTW, I don't know if I mentioned it here, but in the 60's I was an active participant in The Civil Rights Movement in The South.  And I've never seen much of this sort of thing back then.

What's become obvious to me is that this movement has a lot more support than was the case in the 60's. So its obvious to me that some major shifts are starting to occur!

CB
5.1.2  CB   replied to  Krishna @5.1.1    one month ago

People are just sick and tired of being sick and tired of this 'generational curse' of one group of us  perpetually attempting to lift off another group's or groups unalienable rights to life, liberty, and prosperity/the pursuit of happiness.

Krishna
5.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  CB @5.1.2    one month ago
People are just sick and tired of being sick and tired of this 'generational curse' of one group of us  perpetually attempting to lift off another group's or groups unalienable rights to life, liberty, and prosperity/the pursuit of happiness.

Of course that's true

But I<O that doesn't explain why this is happening now. After al, weren't people feeling the same way ashortly after the first slave from Arifca arrived? Or only after a while-- a few months after that-- or a few years? (I'm feeling too lazy to google it, but my guess was that was way bavk in the late 1700s-- or early 1800s).

And other outbreaks of resistance. Did people not become sick and tired of these during various perios of intensified violence against certain groups.

Or were they relatively unconcerned-- until they became sick and tired after the Tulsa race riots? And then grew less upset by racism until the next occurence?

I could go on and on.

It seems to me that peoiple didn't suddenly become sick and tired of a situations that been here for a least centureis if not more....

Rather, I think there were other factors this time ...that were unique.

CB
5.1.4  CB   replied to  Krishna @5.1.3    one month ago

Yes! This time there is camera footage and a clearly undeserving victim. Makes it unique, makes it viewable, and it makes the millions of us who never get the 'full frontal' to white on black crime stupefied to learn - its true and it happens as has been broadcasted. So all things accumulated from the past make up the 'now' feeling of we're sick and tired of being sick and tired of this denial and damage to others.

I hope I touched on your concern. Busy today with many, diverse calls in my personal life. So, if I missed a point you wanted me to connect on - let me know!

cjcold
5.1.5  cjcold  replied to  Krishna @5.1.1    3 weeks ago

Back in the 60s I marched against the war in Nam. Lost a few friends to that idiocy.

cjcold
5.1.6  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @5.1.5    3 weeks ago

A war based on a lie.

cjcold
5.1.7  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @5.1.6    3 weeks ago

The Gulf of Tonkin event never actually happened.

Paula Bartholomew
5.1.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @5.1.1    2 weeks ago

King just lost, so you are correct about the shift.  Next to go down I hope is the turtle.

evilgenius
5.2  evilgenius  replied to  JohnRussell @5    one month ago
Trumps world is collapsing. His daughter Tiffany supported a Black Lives Matter on line protest at Instagram. 

At the same time Trump Jr was reposting a white supremacist post posing as antifa

bbl-1
5.2.1  bbl-1  replied to  evilgenius @5.2    one month ago

Trump Jr. is a pecker without a pecker.  A veritable chip off the old block.

Ender
6  Ender    one month ago

I am guessing he will now be turned on by the donald supporters.

On another note, the racist Steve King lost his primary, so he will be out.

Kavika
6.1  Kavika   replied to  Ender @6    one month ago

About time.

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
6.1.1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Kavika @6.1    one month ago

That is GOOD NEWS!  Now, we must KICK OUT EVERY DAMN REPUBLICAN anywhere in America!

Krishna
6.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @6.1.1    one month ago
Now, we must KICK OUT EVERY DAMN REPUBLICAN anywhere in America!

Maybe.

Maybe not.

I've noticed that while they are still few in number. more and more  are now starting to openly oppose Trump.

cjcold
6.1.3  cjcold  replied to  Krishna @6.1.2    2 weeks ago

Few in numbers but very loud.

Krishna
6.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Ender @6    one month ago

And that is significant... yet another a sign that the rate of change is accelerating...

Ender
6.2.1  Ender  replied to  Krishna @6.2    one month ago

I hope so. But we all know some will fight it.

bbl-1
6.3  bbl-1  replied to  Ender @6    one month ago

Yeah, King lost.  Replaced by an even more Trumpian candidate with a lot less baggage.

7  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    one month ago

384 \

CB
7.1  CB   replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @7    one month ago

It has to be done. Republicans won't let others have their liberties unmolested by conservatism. This is a pluralistic nation!

Ed-NavDoc
7.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  CB @7.1    one month ago

Sorry, but what some people call pleuralistic, others call totalitarian.

CB
7.1.2  CB   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @7.1.1    one month ago

Hi Ed. How so? Pluralism in this context means we are a nation of diverse people, attitudes, religions, politics, et ceteras—all legit. However, it is a discoverable fact that conservatives in this administration are uncompromisingly attempting to move this nation into one unified conservative model. Do you agree or disagree?

Dismayed Patriot
7.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  CB @7.1.2    one month ago
attempting to move this nation into one unified conservative model

It's been true for a long time now. On one side we have a group that says America should be for everyone, regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith or the lack thereof. Even conservatives are welcome under this tent, I don't hear any liberals or progressives calling for conservatives to "go back to where they came from" or any desire to dig them up root and branch. Then you have the other side that says America is first come, first serve, and they got here first so there isn't enough room for anyone else, and you're definitely not welcome if you're lgtbq, Muslim, atheist or virtually any other minority that doesn't look like them or think like them and worship the same long dead carpenter.

While we are a system of two or more States, using pluralism doesn't really define American diversity.

Pluralism: noun - a condition or system in which two or more states, groups, principles, sources of authority, etc., coexist

While we have 50 different States with their own governors, there is still one federal government that is supposed to keep those 50 States in some sort of concert as they are supposed to work as one, the "United States of America" with a single final arbiter of authority. The conflict comes in when conservatives want to fully take over that position of authority and force their conservative views on everyone even though the majority of Americans do not agree with them and did not vote for them. To conservatives, they see any rejection of their authority as insurrection or treason and thus claim progressives want supposed "totalitarianism" which couldn't be further from the truth.

evilgenius
7.1.4  evilgenius  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @7.1.1    one month ago
...what some people call pleuralistic, others call totalitarian.

A lot of people miss use vocabulary. Some people do it on purpose to stir up shit where none should be.

CB
7.1.5  CB   replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7.1.3    one month ago

I will point out that the definition, "pluralism - noun - a condition or system in which two or more states, groups, principles, sources of authority, etc., coexist. Serves our point together. No matter. I take your point.

Bravo! An important comment. And I thank you very much for it! You have your finger on the 'pulse' with this one!

Ed-NavDoc
7.1.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  CB @7.1.2    one month ago

With respect, I have to disagree in principle from the standpoint that it sounds like you are implying that all conservatives are guilty of what you describe. There are some liberals posting the fervently believe all conservatives on NT are wrong and  guilty just because they do not share liberal ideology, just as there are hard core right wingers that do the same about the left. Some but not all. I hope you are not trying to  tar all with the same brush. 

Krishna
7.1.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  evilgenius @7.1.4    one month ago
A lot of people miss use vocabulary.

And not only does Miss use vocabulary-- Mister does it as well!

Misuse-- definition:

Misuse: To use incorrectly.

Ed-NavDoc
7.1.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  evilgenius @7.1.4    one month ago

Are you inferring that that is what you think I am doing?

Ed-NavDoc
7.1.9  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  CB @7.1.5    one month ago

Based on your definition above, I hereby apologize to all and admit that I was wrong in my statement above. Thank you for the clarification.

CB
7.1.10  CB   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @7.1.6    one month ago
conservatives in this administration

By far and large are followers of Trumpism. (Donald Trump runs a tight cabinet and set of departments. You can look at the expelled and expended (not replenished) positions.)  I won't belabor the point. "In this administration" sets the record straight! Bravo, to those 'free-thinking' conservatives who manage their time under the control of President Trump.

7.1.11  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Krishna @7.1.7    3 weeks ago

I have noticed that Trump misuses everything.

CB
7.1.12  CB   replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @7.1.11    3 weeks ago

Trump defines himself as the personification of Truth—for Trump conservatives. He trains them to accept whatever strange things he puts forth as truth for them.

Our American culture can not take one man or woman's lies as all and all. Trump has got to be reassigned into the private sector this fall!

cjcold
7.1.13  cjcold  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @7.1.1    2 weeks ago

If I'm not back by dawn, call the president. 

Vic Eldred
8  Vic Eldred    one month ago

I have a lot of respect for James Mattis. I'm really disappointed that any former official would do this, especially a General.

FLYNAVY1
8.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    one month ago

Might you even consider of how bad things are is what it took for Mattis to decide to issue his statement?

• George Will
  • Lincoln Project Republicans
  • Michael Steele

How many ton of bricks need to fall on you to admit how bad the Trump presidency is?   

Vic Eldred
8.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1    one month ago
Might you even consider of how bad things are

I have.

FLYNAVY1
8.1.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.1    one month ago

So you're going to stick with your far right conspiracy theorist friends that everybody (AKA "Dark State") is out to get Trump I take it.

CB
8.2  CB   replied to  Vic Eldred @8    one month ago

Could it be that James Mattis is the 'problem,' Vic?

FLYNAVY1
8.2.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  CB @8.2    one month ago

Got to be CB..... Remember Trump said he was the world's most over rate general.......

Now in the real world...... The decorations earned by General Mattis:

1st row Defense Distinguished Service Medal   w/ one   oak leaf cluster Navy Distinguished Service Medal Defense Superior Service Medal Legion of Merit
2nd row Bronze Star Medal   w/   Combat "V" Meritorious Service Medal   w/ two   5 16 " Gold Stars Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal Combat Action Ribbon
3rd row Navy and Marine Corps Presidential Unit Citation Joint Meritorious Unit Award Navy Unit Commendation Navy and Marine Corps Meritorious Unit Commendation
4th row Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal National Defense Service Medal   w/ two   3 16 " bronze stars Southwest Asia Service Medal   w/ two ​ 3 16 " bronze stars Afghanistan Campaign Medal   w/ one ​ 3 16 " bronze star
5th row Iraq Campaign Medal   w/ one ​ 3 16 " bronze star Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal Global War on Terrorism Service Medal Humanitarian Service Medal
6th row Sea Service Ribbon   w/ one ​ 3 16 " silver star and two ​ 3 16 " bronze stars Marine Corps Recruiting Service Ribbon   w/ one ​ 3 16 " bronze star Polish Army Medal   in gold NATO Meritorious Service Medal [60]
7th row NATO Medal   for Service with ISAF [60] Meritorious Service Cross   from Canada in 2013   [167] Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia) Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait)
Badges Rifle Expert Badge   (4th award) Pistol Expert Badge   (2nd award)
Badge Office of the Secretary of Defense Identification Badge

JohnRussell
8.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.2.1    one month ago

I just heard this expressed on tv -

"There has never been another president openly criticized by so many high ranking former military officers."

Trump is all about being the first. 

CB
8.2.3  CB   replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.2.1    one month ago

As both veterans, we can all appreciate that generals and admirals get through the ranking because of patience and distinction (and execution of orders). Such women and men are highly developed and highly trained. They are well-developed through years of experience to communicate and speak the language of kings and queens, governors and mayors, and even local people. Still, speaking the language of 'Trump' ultimately drops them into the murky mire. But,Trump!

(I tried not to go there, but how can you not?)

Greg Jones
8.2.4  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.2    one month ago

Criticized for what?

Being concerned about the rights and safety of American citizens.

Instead of being cowed and frightened by a bunch of leftist looters, punks, and thugs.

You sure have some weird priorities.

Time will prove Trump is right.

Greg Jones
8.2.5  Greg Jones  replied to  CB @8.2.3    one month ago

So you're saying General Flynn is also blessed with all these virtues?

So why then all hate directed his way?

Greg Jones
8.2.6  Greg Jones  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.2.1    one month ago

Will he get a medal for criticizing Trump.

FLYNAVY1
8.2.7  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @8.2.6    one month ago

Since you don't have a clue as to what those decorations are all about, it is very doubtful you would recognize a person that puts their country first, and has spent a lifetime upholding their oath of enlistment.  That's called patriotism.  

FLYNAVY1
8.2.8  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @8.2.4    one month ago

Just stop while your behind Greg.

Your choice to support a lying, morally bankrupt con-artist that lied his way into the White House over a decorated veteran who gave 40 years of his life in service to the United States is sickening. 

CB
8.2.9  CB   replied to  Greg Jones @8.2.5    one month ago

I did not mention General Flynn and to mention generals and admirals generally (no pun intended) is not to mention any one individual above personal merits.

Because in any area or "arena" of life there are two kinds of people (human natures): the good and the bad. (To speak of good people alone is not to ignore that there are their counterparts on the other end of every spectrum.) Good follow-up question, nevertheless! The officials found and identified a flaw of some kind in General Flynn and he has not risen above that (flawed) characterization all-around.

CB
8.2.10  CB   replied to  Greg Jones @8.2.6    one month ago

There is something telling about that snarky comeback. Clearly, a distinguished man or woman holds little distinction when crossing swords with Trump and Trump conservatives. The hill chosen to 'die' on, no doubt.

CB
8.2.11  CB   replied to  Greg Jones @8.2.4    one month ago

Your descriptors of the left betrays an affectation that is stupendously deep, wretched, and maybe even phobic.

Trout Giggles
8.2.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.2.1    one month ago

Wow...that's an impressive list of chest jewelry!

evilgenius
8.2.13  evilgenius  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.2.12    one month ago
.that's an impressive list of chest jewelry!

We called it a fruit salad. LOL! Not kidding.

Trout Giggles
8.2.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilgenius @8.2.13    one month ago

That's what it was called! We called it the same thing I just couldn't remember. Having a bad day for memory

devangelical
8.2.15  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @8.2.4    one month ago
Being concerned about the rights and safety of white American citizens.

FLYNAVY1
8.2.16  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.2.14    one month ago

Having a bad day for memory

Screw the coffee then...... Beer and fishing it is!

Krishna
8.2.17  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @8.2.4    one month ago
Instead of being cowed and frightened by a bunch of leftist looters, punks, and thugs.

Its obvious that you are totally misreprenting General Mattis' character and high moral standards! (And given his life accomplishments you are misrepresenting the priniples-- and actions-- of The U.S. Marine Corps :-(

Trout Giggles
8.2.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.2.16    one month ago

Now yer talkin'....

Vic Eldred
8.2.19  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @8.2    one month ago

No more that Douglas MacArthur was when he wanted to defeat North Korea completely!

Krishna
8.2.20  seeder  Krishna  replied to  CB @8.2    one month ago
Could it be that James Mattis is the 'problem,' Vic?

I think its pretty obvious that men (and wpmen) like General Mattis are a problem for Vic.

(And it will probably grow worse over time...and more men and women of high integrity come forth)

CB
8.2.21  CB   replied to  Vic Eldred @8.2.19    one month ago

Wow, what is that about? Is it necessary? Is it helpful to this topic?

Paula Bartholomew
8.2.22  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.2.1    2 weeks ago

The only award Trump has is that fake assed imitation PH that some ahole gave him.

Paula Bartholomew
8.2.23  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.2.1    2 weeks ago

I had my fair share of medals and awards when in the Army, but his is beyond amazing and well deserved.

Paula Bartholomew
8.2.24  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.2.12    2 weeks ago

It is referred to as fruit salad.

Paula Bartholomew
8.2.25  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  evilgenius @8.2.13    2 weeks ago

I apologize for saying it again as I missed your post.

cjcold
8.2.26  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @8.2.2    2 weeks ago

But since Trump is smarter than all the generals and intelligence agencies...../s

Krishna
8.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    one month ago
I have a lot of respect for James Mattis. I'm really disappointed that any former official would do this, especially a General.

I've always had a lot of respect for General Mattis as we;;. But now my respect for him has increased even more.

And BTW, I think you should get used to it-- while they are a small minority, a few Trump appointees are people of integrity-- so I think more and more of them will be speaking out in the future. 

(About Trump's incompetance, and abuse of power)

Vic Eldred
8.3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Krishna @8.3    one month ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
8.3.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.3.1    one month ago
removed for context

and her mouth is wide open. Shameful. jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gif

katrix
8.4  katrix  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    one month ago

I'm really disappointed that you lost respect for Mattis because he put our Constitution and country above one man's ego. As his oath requires of him. Main reason I'm rarely in here .. too many traitors who spit on our Constitution. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
8.4.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  katrix @8.4    one month ago

Katrix,

I get your POV, but may I point out that if people don't speak out, then they get drowned out. This site gets over about 2,000 visitors a day who read the commentary, and at least I feel it makes a difference. 

Vic Eldred
8.4.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  katrix @8.4    one month ago

First of all - welcome back.

Second - I never lost my respect for Mattis. He seems to think that Donald Trump was elected to unite an already divided country. That is not why Trump was elected, nor can he be expected to erase divisions that can't be fixed. 

I think it's time for Mattis, who did his duty, to "simply fade away"

BTW, the author brought up dignity - HOW IS IT OFF TOPIC???

FLYNAVY1
8.4.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.4.2    one month ago

...nor can he be expected to erase divisions that can't be fixed. 

There it is.....!  Can't be fixed Vic?

• Can't financially survive without slavery....
  • Can't train colored pilots to fly....
  • Can't possibly integrate the miltary.
  • Can't possibly integrate public schools.....

News to you Vic..... ANYTHING is possible if you really want to do it.

But of course..... I'm getting the impression that you don't want the divide fixed at all.  You like things divided and seem to work real hard to keep them that way at least here on NT.

Vic Eldred
8.4.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.4.3    one month ago

I will never accept the radical left and they will not stop until they have power over all of us.

There it is!

FLYNAVY1
8.4.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.4.4    one month ago

I'll leave it to the rest of the members to decide for themselves which side of the bread you buttered that statement in 8.4.2.

For me.... you're forever outed on so many points.  I'll leave you to yourself now.  Good luck pushing your conspiracy theories.

FLYNAVY1 out......

Vic Eldred
8.4.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.4.5    one month ago
I'll leave it to the rest of the members to decide for themselves which side of the bread you buttered that statement in 8.4.2.

And I'll leave it to our readers & the American people where you stand. That's a double edged sword your'e wielding.

CB
8.4.7  CB   replied to  Vic Eldred @8.4.6    one month ago

No it is not a double-edged sword that is going to cut FlyNavy1! It is Trump conservatives who are pushing other people into 'resistance cells' because such people want to 'Takeover' the country for a peculiar brand of conservatism. The 'double-edge sword' in your hand has already revealed itself in the slice outward against liberal loss under Trump; it will slice inward once it disembowels its holders for their deceit in trying to feign liberty for all, while making themselves guilty of removing the unalienable rights of their so-called, "opponents" who are liberal, progressives, and secularists.

Vic Eldred
8.4.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @8.4.7    one month ago
It is Trump conservatives

No.  Here is the letter from another Marine to Gen Mattis:

Jim,

I slept on your statement and woke up appalled and upset. You lost me. Never dreamed you would let a bunch of hack politicians use your good name and reputation—earned with the blood and guts of young Marines. You did what you said you would—engage in this discourse.

Marines keep their word.

The phony protesters near Lafayette park were not peaceful and are not real. They are terrorists using idle hate filled students to burn and destroy. They were abusing and disrespecting the police when the police were preparing the area for the 1900 curfew. Jim, this is the new nihilism. See Dan Henninger in WSJ today.

Marines support the police in harm’s way.

Did you forget that President Bush used active duty Marines to quell the riots in LA? President Trump has countless cities and some snowflake governors and mayors wetting themselves in the use of force to protect innocent lives and property. The AG of Massachusetts thinks burning property is good protest. Three more policemen were stabbed and shot in NYC last night. Think about it. Should he be upset about the obvious failure in leadership? Where are you Jim?

Marines go to the fight.

No one divided this country more than Obama. He abandoned our black brothers and sisters. He gave guns to the cartels. He apologized for our precious sacrifice and generosity overseas. You remember, he fired you.

President Trump has done more to help our minority brothers and sisters in three years than anyone in the last fifty. Ask the black pastors. Ask the leaders of the black colleges and universities. He got them funded. Ask them about the prison reform which ended the draconian sentences imposed on young black men by the law enacted by Biden and his hacks. You need to bone up on your homework and stop listening to Uncle Leon.

I understand, you had to stick to the assigned narrative which did not include three years of corrupt investigations and evidence to destroy this President, his office, and his lawful free election. Nancy has no tolerance for dissent in the ranks—including those with stars.

You said nothing of the ugly, hate filled, disgraceful comments of Pelosi, Schumer, Perez and other Democrat hacks defaming the President and his office. You said nothing of the unlawful sanctuary cities and the unlawful release of hoodlums. You said nothing of the resistance movement to paralyze our courts and our government operations. You said nothing of the obstruction and subversion of our immigration laws. You said nothing of MS-13 killers and the drug cartels who own huge sections of our major cities. Jim, do you think that rhetoric and those corrupt actions were inspiring and unifying? Do you think the DI’s at Parris Island would find such behavior as unifying?

Maybe, your problem, is a lot deeper. Perhaps you ought to explain how and why you (and John Allen), as CG Central Command, did not engage and take out Iranin Major General Soleimani who roamed the Middle East and wreaked havoc and death on our American boys with his infamous IEDs?

Why did it take President Trump to have the instincts and balls to take him out (of course over the objection the geniuses in the Pentagon)?

Looks like the Persian mullahs were a one horse sleigh and Trump nailed the horse… forever. It has been quiet ever since. Perhaps, your anger is borne of embarrassment for your own failure as the leader of Central Command. Did you applaud when the President recognized the central problem in the Middle East? Did you applaud the President when he wanted to save American lives by bringing them home in one piece?

John M Dowd

JohnRussell
8.4.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.4.8    one month ago
No one divided this country more than Obama. He abandoned our black brothers and sisters. He gave guns to the cartels. He apologized for our precious sacrifice and generosity overseas. You remember, he fired you. President Trump has done more to help our minority brothers and sisters in three years than anyone in the last fifty. Ask the black pastors. Ask the leaders of the black colleges and universities. He got them funded. Ask them about the prison reform which ended the draconian sentences imposed on young black men by the law enacted by Biden and his hacks. You need to bone up on your homework and stop listening to Uncle Leon.

You want us to take this far right take on our country seriously? 

Uh, no. 

The writer was Trump's personal attorney in 2017 and 2018. 

Tessylo
8.4.10  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.4.8    one month ago

No need to bold it and make it all big.  It's obnoxious.

Who cares what this Dowd says?

Just Jim NC TttH
8.4.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @8.4.9    one month ago
The writer was Trump's personal attorney in 2017 and 2018.

Ummm no he wasn't.....................

From June 2017 to March 2018, Dowd was a  legal advisor  to  President   Donald Trump . On March 22, 2018, Dowd resigned as Trump's lead counsel in the  special counsel investigation  into Russian election interference and possible ties to Trump associates. [1]

JohnRussell
8.4.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.4.11    one month ago
John Dowd — a top attorney on President Trump's personal legal team who said it's time for the Russia collusion probe to end — has resigned from the president's personal legal team, CBS News has confirmed. 

"I love the president and wish him well," Dowd told CBS News. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-dowd-resigns-from-trumps-personal-legal-team-report/

CB
8.4.13  CB   replied to  Vic Eldred @8.4.8    one month ago

How dare you post that garbage to me. When you are serious about discussion let me know.

FLYNAVY1
8.4.14  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.4.8    one month ago
John M Dowd...

Achieved the rank of Captain (O3) in the Marine Legal Corps... Active from 65-69.  Just another fucking lawyer that makes a profit by pushing a noun against a verb to watch things blow up.

Sitting in judgement of a 40 year decorated veteran and leader of men.  Assholes parasites like Dowd are a dime a dozen and are forever with us.  Patriots like Mattes are few and come but once in a lifetime.

Vic Eldred
8.4.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @8.4.13    one month ago
How dare you post that garbage to me.

I felt it was my obligation to inform!

Tessylo
8.4.16  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.4.6    one month ago

How courageous of you - he's gone - yet you're still spreading your . . . . . 

I know very well which side of the the bread you buttered 

Tessylo
8.4.17  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @8.4.12    one month ago

So Dowd wore his 'presidential' knee pads.

cjcold
8.4.18  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.4.4    2 weeks ago

Good thing Biden is a moderate centrist.

TᵢG
9  TᵢG    one month ago

As a reminder:   The Man Who Couldn’t Take It Anymore

One of the quotes:

Mattis often seemed burdened in his role. His aides and friends say he found the president to be of limited cognitive ability, and of generally dubious character. Now Mattis was becoming more and more isolated in the administration, especially since the defenestration of his closest Cabinet ally, the former secretary of state Rex Tillerson, several months earlier. Mattis and Tillerson had together smothered some of Trump’s more extreme and imprudent ideas. But now Mattis was operating without cover. Trump was turning on him publicly; two months earlier, he had speculated that Mattis might be a Democrat and said, in reference to NATO, “I think I know more about it than he does.” (Mattis, as a Marine general, once served as the supreme allied commander in charge of NATO transformation.)

Imagine that.

FLYNAVY1
9.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  TᵢG @9    one month ago

Exactly.... imagine that!

So what does Trump have left in his cabinet now?  A bunch of yes-men?   Cowards that don't have the backbone to speak truth to power?  Conspiracy pushers?

Krishna
9.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @9.1    one month ago

So what does Trump have left in his cabinet now?  A bunch of yes-men?   

Correct!

.Cowards that don't have the backbone to speak truth to power? 

True.

Conspiracy pushers?

Exactly!

Krishna
9.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  TᵢG @9    one month ago
Mattis often seemed burdened in his role. His aides and friends say he found the president to be of limited cognitive ability, and of generally dubious character. Now Mattis was becoming more and more isolated in the administration, especially since the defenestration of his closest Cabinet ally, the former secretary of state Rex Tillerson, several months earlier. Mattis and Tillerson had together smothered some of Trump’s more extreme and imprudent ideas

Exactly!

bbl-1
10  bbl-1    one month ago

Protests.  COVID 19.  Rising debt.  A lot of stuff going on. 

Trump's main concern.  Will the Supreme Court demand he reveal his financial underpinnings?

FLYNAVY1
10.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bbl-1 @10    one month ago

You're forgetting about...."Her emails!"

11  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    3 weeks ago

Krishna
11.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @11    2 weeks ago

Your comment is "thought provoking" to say the least.

FLYNAVY1
11.1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Krishna @11.1    2 weeks ago

Only for those willing to think about things.....  

cjcold
11.2  cjcold  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @11    2 weeks ago

Unfortunately Trump has reversed several of these and is working on the rest.