╌>

Discussions

Is Racist Bigotry Protected by the CoC?   ...   by Bob Nelson

Is Racist Bigotry Protected by the CoC? ... by Bob Nelson

Via: bob-nelson  •  Other  •  225 Comments  •  8 years ago

Code of Conduct : 1. No Personal Attacks: Treat others as you would like to be treated. Address issues and arguments, not individual members.  Comments or articles designed as personal...
A Statement   ...   by Bob Nelson

A Statement ... by Bob Nelson

Via: bob-nelson  •  meta  •  99 Comments  •  8 years ago

This image is a statement . It says two things:    - Black people should be slaves    to White people. That was the cornerstone of the Confederate States of America.    - If you...
Of Trolls, and Boxes of Red...Another META from HELL

Of Trolls, and Boxes of Red...Another META from HELL

Via: bruce-tarleton  •  meta  •  31 Comments  •  9 years ago

Okay you bunch of Social Justice Keyboard Warriors.  It’s time for another Meta from Hell article.  And in this one, Uncle Bruce is gonna school you swinging dicks and sagging tits in the finer...
Off With Their Comments

Off With Their Comments

Via: bob-nelson  •  meta  •  16 Comments  •  9 years ago

Off With Their Comments (original article) by John Scalzi -- Whatever ---------------------------------- The Toronto Star  newspaper   has decided to nix comments on its Web site ....
Test Post for Tags

Test Post for Tags

Via: jerry-verlinger  •  meta  •  1 Comments  •  9 years ago

I'm told we are to post tags after an article has been posted. This post is to see how it's done.  Update: No place for tags on the "Add a Discussion" page, no place for tags on this "Update"...
Revenge is sweet !

Revenge is sweet !

Via: petey-coober  •  meta  •  5 Comments  •  9 years ago

The left wing on this site has recently published 2 articles [so far] with severe red box rules that insure no opposition to their viewpoints . If you feel frustrated by that tactic I am offering...
META-phors for META-matters, or, "To Those Who Never META 'Thumbs Down/Dislike' BUTTON they Could Resist"

META-phors for META-matters, or, "To Those Who Never META 'Thumbs Down/Dislike' BUTTON they Could Resist"

Via: community  •  meta  •  156 Comments  •  9 years ago

This is a Discussion Forum; consequently … discussion, dialogue and debate are the phenomena that sustain it. Duh! When dissenting/disparate opinions expressed in a discussion forum are met with...
test post for AP

test post for AP

Via: community  •  meta  •  0 Comments  •  9 years ago

Does anyone know how to embed a non-YouTube video?

Does anyone know how to embed a non-YouTube video?

Via: community  •  meta  •  3 Comments  •  9 years ago

So, I found this darling video on a site called Sybla TV.  I finally found the embed code, but could not figure out how to embed it.  Hmmmm! Does anyone know how?

Via: community  •  meta  •  1 Comments  •  9 years ago

Want an avatar, rather than the NT hat?  I've put together a page of them that you may use! LINK I've weeded out the so-so, and kept the ones that were really good!  I will be adding to this...
test topic two

test topic two

Via: community  •  meta  •  25 Comments  •  9 years ago

A HUGE Thank You to Perrie!

A HUGE Thank You to Perrie!

Via: community  •  meta  •  37 Comments  •  9 years ago

Our Perrie has really done something wonderful for all of us-- she has developed this fabulous new site that addresses the concerns that many of us had about the old site, AND is on a stable...
Notifications

Notifications

Via: bob-nelson  •  meta  •  20 Comments  •  9 years ago

I am gradually getting accustomed to the new site. There are still a few zombies shambling about, but Christopher Walken is on his way... I would like everyone's take on one particular feature...
Welcome to The New Home of The NewsTalkers

Welcome to The New Home of The NewsTalkers

Via: community  •  meta  •  295 Comments  •  9 years ago

Well, you finally made it. Glad you have arrived. I am sure you will have noticed that things look the same, yet different. Take a look around and play with some stuff. Be sure to watch the NT Help...
Test Topic

Test Topic

Via: tammy-oneil  •  meta  •  4 Comments  •  9 years ago

Just a test topic to see things are working well.   Feel free to go wild. 
So ya wanaa post a video ? Here's how .

So ya wanaa post a video ? Here's how .

Via: petey-coober  •  meta  •  5 Comments  •  9 years ago

Posting an embedded video is slightly different than it was on Ning . It is actually a lot easier here . Do the following : 1] Find your youtube link Identifier . That would be in the URL box for...
For Group Owners

For Group Owners

Via: community  •  meta  •  4 Comments  •  9 years ago

Managing Groups 101 It took me forever to figure this out, so perhaps this will help you!  It is actually easier here in JamBox to accept members into your group than on Ning! If you are a...
Who's Who?

Who's Who?

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  meta  •  52 Comments  •  9 years ago

Who's Who? When many of us moved from Newsvine to TheNewsTalkers some of us changed our user names and avatars, making it near impossible to know who were the members we knew before, so I...