╌>

DRAFT DODGERS Do Not Deserve A MILITARY PARADE!

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  eat-the-press-do-not-read-it  •  5 years ago  •  551 comments

DRAFT DODGERS Do Not Deserve A MILITARY PARADE!
"He's a good man. We should let him do his job. His job is golfing!" Jonathan Simpleton

What is it going to take for Americans to realize that Trump wants to be our dictator? Why is the Military too timid to stand up to this imposter in the Whitehouse? 

Please, for the sake of our country, boycott Trump's hijacking of our nation's celebration of INDEPENDENCE by turning it into a TAXPAYERS funded "Re-Election" for America's first FAKE POTUS, real POS!

July 4th is a day of Celebration for the People of this Nation, not a Russian styled display of Tanks, Missiles, and Planes to promote the "WANNA BE DICTATOR" IN THE WHITEHOUSE!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  It Is ME    5 years ago

"July 4th is a day of Celebration for the People of this Nation, not a Russian styled display of Tanks, Missiles, and Planes to promote the "WANNA BE DICTATOR" IN THE WHITEHOUSE!"

France Sucks !

The United Kingdom Sucks !

Just sayin'. jrSmiley_34_smiley_image.gif

BUUUUUUTT ….…. Bowe Bergdahl was GREAT ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1  Sparty On  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago
Bowe Bergdahl was GREAT

So is their American Talibabba John Walker Lindh, who walks free today as well

Those two go together like peas and carrots

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Sparty On @1.1    5 years ago
So is their American Talibabba John Walker Lindh, who walks free today. They go together like peas and carrots

And the "Left" bitches about "Money" for this Trump idea, yet doesn't say ANYTHING about the "Lives" cost by those two !

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
Professor Guide
1.1.2  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.1    5 years ago

The discussion is about the use of federal funds to promote a "so-called" president who dodged the draft five times. It is not about the crimes of other traitors, only this one.800

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @1.1.2    5 years ago
The discussion is about the use of federal funds to promote a "so-called" president who dodged the draft five times.

No !

it's about "Independents day", which folks will shell out numerous bucks , even their HARD EARNED TAKE HOME PAY, to celebrate !

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.5  It Is ME  replied to    5 years ago
We have no day...only our forlorn hopes and dreams. 

I've been LIVING my hopes and dreams.

What have you been doing ?

Forlorning still ?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Sparty On  replied to    5 years ago

[deleted]

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  cjcold  replied to    5 years ago

Never had a political party. Likely never will. Most times lean liberal, sometimes don't.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  cjcold  replied to  Sparty On @1.1    5 years ago

Sometimes children don't acclimate well to war.

Professor Guide
1.3  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

Have you ever been to France, or, the United Kingdom? Both of these countries sacrificed along with our citizens to make the world safer.

IT IS EASY, to sit on the sideline and criticize others than to pick up the torch and light the way for your generation.

Every generation has to re-dedicate itself to the principles of freedom for all, or, lose it to bums like Trump 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.1  It Is ME  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @1.3    5 years ago
Have you ever been to France, or, the United Kingdom?

Yep !

Apparently you didn't get the sarcasm in my comment !

Your "Projecter" light shines bright obeewanna-eat the press.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @1.3    5 years ago
IT IS EASY, to sit on the sideline and criticize others than to pick up the torch and light the way for your generation

We saw many pictures of Trump supporters picking up their torches in Charlottesville and none were flying American flags, just swastikas and confederate flags so we know who they really are. They are not patriots, they are not veterans, they are the fat lazy pieces of shit who imagine they are entitled to a privileged position in America simply because they are white and Christian. Much like their dear leader, they always take the easy way out. Let someone else do the work, then jump in when it's time to take credit like Trump is doing with the fourth of July.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.3  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.3.2    5 years ago
We saw many pictures of Trump supporters picking up their torches in Charlottesville and none were flying American flags, just swastikas and confederate flags

Reminds me of the Democrat debates I and II. Not an "American Flag" to be seen.

The Picture of the White House in the background was pretty though.

Very Pretty !

I guess the need for a "White" home, is MOST important ……. for the NEEDY ?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.3.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  It Is ME @1.3.3    5 years ago

I'm not clear on why you posted that picture with your comment, but it is a very pretty picture.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.3.6  Raven Wing  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @1.3    5 years ago
IT IS EASY, to sit on the sideline and criticize others than to pick up the torch and light the way for your generation.Every generation has to re-dedicate itself to the principles of freedom for all, or, lose it to bums like Trump 

Very, very well said. jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.7  It Is ME  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.3.5    5 years ago
I'm not clear on why you posted that picture with your comment, but it is a very pretty picture ..

It is....... But 

Just as pretty and clear as this, but just not much meaning to it in the debates:

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.3.8  Don Overton  replied to    5 years ago

You are very funny with that first comment

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.3.9  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @1.3    5 years ago

A simple walk through Arlington, Gettysburg, or Antietam should be used to educate every generation of Americans.

Or better yet, the Colleville-sur-Mer cemetary in Normandy, and then visit Auschwitz and Berknou to understand those laid to rest on foreign soil.

Patriotism is nothing more than doing a tough job, that has to get done, that nobody wants to do for the betterment of those you will never know.  By this simple definition, our congress contains very few patriots.

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.3.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @1.3.3    5 years ago
Not an "American Flag" to be seen.

Wrapping in (or wrapping around) the flag is in no way a sign of patriotism.  Shitbag's an unmitigated coward and draft-dodger is Exhibit A of that fact.  Just as in everything else he does, it's just a carnival grifter's schtick. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.11  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.3.10    5 years ago
Wrapping in (or wrapping around) the flag is in no way a sign of patriotism. 

What's this countries flag again ?

Maybe the "Flag" of Iran is more to your liking …..Namibia, maybe Afghanistan or Iraq ?

Maybe the "Palestinian" Flag ?

Weird !

You do live in "THIS COUNTRY" …… right ?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.3.10    5 years ago
Wrapping in (or wrapping around) the flag is in no way a sign of patriotism.

But his followers sure seem to like it when he grabs a flag by its pupupu...pole, and starts dry humping it.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.3.13  cjcold  replied to  It Is ME @1.3.11    5 years ago

And some of us don't want to go to war no more.

Junior Participates
1.3.15  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to    5 years ago
Does that statement include flag draped coffins of our fallen soldiers and did you serve? 

That reminds me of the last Republican president's order to NOT ALLOW the press show those those coffins coming back from Iraq in numbers that showed how he and other major R-Shitbags like Rumsfeld and Darth Cheney were telling the American people.  Funny coincidence--Bush was also foisted on the American people by the EC.  Seems like that process leads to disaster every time its employed.  

And although it's none of your fukking business,  yes I served.  What about it? 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.4  Don Overton  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

I feel sorry for you.  You must really ate America

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Don Overton @1.4    5 years ago
I feel sorry for you. You must really ate America

All of it, or just a few states?

LOL!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.4.2  It Is ME  replied to  Don Overton @1.4    5 years ago
You must really ate America

I'll order "America" any day of the week . It's still a "FREE" CHOICE for citizens …… for now anyway !

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.4.3  Don Overton  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.1    5 years ago

The entire country

And unlike you I don't keyboard so well any more

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    5 years ago

I say .... when i see seeds like this i think of how bad the TDS still is for some.

And that's all i got to say about that .....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @2    5 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.2  cjcold  replied to  Sparty On @2    5 years ago

You say TDS like it's a bad thing. I'm proud to have enough intelligence to be disgusted by him.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  cjcold @2.2    5 years ago

Never confuse “red ass” with “intelligence.”

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.2.2  cjcold  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.1    5 years ago

I will never confuse a red state with having intelligence. Yes, I live in a red state.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3  lady in black    5 years ago

Give him some GI Joes to play with...

Wanna be dictator in action.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2  cjcold  replied to  lady in black @3    5 years ago

Still have the "mission accomplished" Bush doll in his flight suit. I flip it the bird on a regular basis.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2.1  livefreeordie  replied to  cjcold @3.2    5 years ago

Why do you hate defeating evil. That was a proud moment for millions of us.  Bush may have been too liberal like his father, but the facts say that Saddam was militarily defeated and lost power through the Bush led military effort

Mission Accomplished!!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.1    5 years ago
'Why do you hate defeating evil. That was a proud moment for millions of us.  Bush may have been too liberal like his father, but the facts say that Saddam was militarily defeated and lost power through the Bush led military effort Mission Accomplished!!!'

BULLSHIT

Speak for yourself.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  cjcold @3.2    5 years ago

Hey, I want one of those.  I didn't start collecting in time to buy one.

I have a couple extra Obama Nobel Peace Prize dolls I can trade for it. Of course they have been used as chew toys by the dogs; so some teeth marks, slobber, and deformities are to be expected. Note: If you are a collector of other Nobel Peace Prize action figures or dolls they will give back their awards if you add this doll to your collection. Losing the awards devalues the dolls greatly, so be forewarned.

If those don't work I can offer a mint condition Obama "If you like your insurance you can keep it", and "If you like your doctor you can keep them" dolls. Of course it is defective; when you pull the string all that comes out is "You are sheep". The manufacturer said it is not a defect; and that is what Obama really meant to say. It cut down on production costs having just one line.

I absolutely refuse to part with my Hillary Clinton limited edition deplorables doll (unfortunately I can only take it to the leftist coasts. The manufacturer refuses to let the doll into any flyover state- to make sure it stays limited edition and authentic).

I am not sure any of my Trump dolls will interest you. They seem to offend any registered Democrat, and left leaning independent for no reason. Several of them don't even say anything. 

Let me know if we can work a deal.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2.4  livefreeordie  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.2    5 years ago

I did and for many of my fellow Veterans who agree with me on this.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.5  Ronin2  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.1    5 years ago

Saddam was an evil piece of shit, just like Gaddafi in Libya. I am not shedding a tear for either one of them. However, removing both made their countries much worse; and destabilized the region.

We could have contained Saddam with Clinton's no fly zone and the Bush Sr embargo/sanctions forever. It would have been much cheaper than invading and trying our hand at another failed attempt at nation building. Handing Iraq over to Iran by allowing a Shia government to be installed. We wouldn't have ISIS/ISIL Sunni first trying to retake Iraq; next invading Syria and make that civil war much worse; or franchising out into Lebanon and Libya. 

The only "Mission" Bush Jr "Accomplished" was making a never ending money black hole that has lasted long past his presidency; and tied up US troops in the ME for over 17 years.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.4    5 years ago

Again, speak for yourself.  Not the so-called proud moment for 'millions of us'

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.5    5 years ago
'However, removing both made their countries much worse; and destabilized the region.'

Mark it on the calendar.  I agree with you on this.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.8  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.6    5 years ago
Not the so-called proud moment for 'millions of us'

But for the "Multi-Millions", it's great  !

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.9  CB  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.4    5 years ago

Shameful. I supported the actions of the Bush Administration on going into Iraq, even listened to all the "evidence" on television and some on radio leading up to the start with "Shock and Awe" (fizzled.) Only to discover that Colin Powell was left defenseless and speechless when no WMD or chemical weapons 'piles' were found in Iraq!

We were lied to by VP Dick Cheney. Instead of you 'repenting' (as I did) of your assent to the invasion of Iraq to here you continue to mock truth is just too much! Shame!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.10  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.7    5 years ago

I am a fiscal conservative only. 

My hard right friends flinch every time US military action is brought up around me.  They find it hilarious when people call me hard right.

We probably agree on more than you think. I just tend to come off as very conservative online.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.7    5 years ago

When it comes to the War in Iraq, I always agree with Ronin.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.12  Dulay  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.1    5 years ago
Why do you hate defeating evil. That was a proud moment for millions of us.  Bush may have been too liberal like his father, but the facts say that Saddam was militarily defeated and lost power through the Bush led military effort Mission Accomplished!!!

So in May of 2003, you and millions were proud when Bush LIED when he said:

Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed.

The photo op was great for Bush but NO ONE should have been proud and those still in the 'Sandbox' KNEW better...

Between 2004 and 2008, over 3700 Americans soldiers DIED in Iraq. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2.13  livefreeordie  replied to  CB @3.2.9    5 years ago

You are deceived on Iraq by leftist propaganda. the decisions to go into both Afghanistan and Iraq were two decisions Bush actually got right

The war in Iraq was a legal response and obligation by the US to the material breach of a truce with Saddam Hussein.

In May 2003, two months after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, Clinton said that he supported President George W. Bush’s authority “to stand up against weapons of mass destruction in Iraq,” according to The Associated Press. He was also quoted praising Bush’s early handling of the conflict, the AP reported.

Read  the 2002 National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq’s W.M.D programs. “Baghdad has chemical and biological weapons as well as missiles with ranges in excess of UN restrictions; if left unchecked, it probably will have a nuclear weapon during this decade,” the report reads. The report goes on to say it has “high confidence” that “Iraq possesses proscribed chemical and biological weapons and missiles” and “Iraq could make a nuclear weapon in months to a year once it acquires sufficient weapons-grad fissile material.”

General Tommy Franks, who led the invasion of Iraq in 2003,  writes  in his book that he was not only told by Egyptian and Jordanian leaders that Iraq possessed W.M.D.s, he was also told that Saddam would use them against invading American troops.

2005’s bipartisan Robb-Silberman Commission.

“[W]e closely examined the possibility that intelligence analysts were pressured by policymakers to change their judgments about Iraq’s nuclear, biological, chemical weapons programs,” the report reads. “The analysts who worked Iraqi weapons issues universally agreed that in no instance did political pressure cause them to skew or alter any of their analytical judgments.”

February 17, 1998 : "If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." - President Bill Clinton

September 3, 1998 : Scott Ritter testifies before the U.S. Senate Committee on Armed Services and the Committee on Foreign Relations on U.S. policy regarding Iraq weapons inspection and Iraq's capacity to reconstitute weapons of mass destruction in a very short period of time.
Iraq today is not disarmed, and remains an ugly threat to its neighbors and to world peace.  Those American who think that this is important and that something should be done about it have to be deeply disappointed in our leadership.

October 9, 1998 : "[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." - Senate Letter to President Clinton - Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others

January 11, 1999: US Secretary of Defense William Cohen responds to the statement of the Iraqi Parliament by noting that the United States had over 24,000 troops within striking distance of Iraq should that nation decide to move against its neighbors.

January 26, 1999 National Security Advisor Sandy Berger announces that President Clinton has changed the rules of engagement for US aircraft operating in Iraq, giving them much more authority to attack any part of the Iraqi air defense network.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2.14  livefreeordie  replied to  CB @3.2.9    5 years ago

And this alone was sufficient reason to invade Iraq

Saddam Hussein paid out over 35 million dollars to Arab jihadists for killing Jews and Americans. The following Americans were killed by those who took Saddam's blood money. Leaving aside all other reasons, this alone was sufficient reason for the US to take out Saddam Hussein

According to employees of the Iraqi Central Bank and the Rafidain Bank, the former Iraqi ambassador to Jordan, Sabah Yassen, withdrew money from the accounts to make payments ranging from $15,000 to $25,000 to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers, Hyde said.

Palestinians have said Saddam paid more than $35 million to families of Palestinians killed or wounded in the conflict with Israel that began in September 2000.

November 4, 2001, Jerusalem, Israel. Shoshana Ben-Yishai, 16, of Queens, NY was killed in a shooting at a bus station. U.S. citizen injured: Shlomo Kaye.

December 2, 2001, Jerusalem, Israel. Bombing on Ben-Yehuda Street, Jerusalem. U.S. citizens injured: Ziv Brill, 17, of West Hempstead, Long Island, NY, Temima Spetner, 19, of St. Louis, MI, Jason Kirshenbaum of New Rochelle, NY, Israel Hirschfield, 18, Joseph Leifer, 29, of Borough Park (Brooklyn), NY.

December 18, 2001, shooting on the Jerusalem-Shilo road . U.S. citizens injured: David Rubin, 44, of Brooklyn, NY, Asher "Ruby" Rubin, 3.

January 15, 2002, Bethlehem, West Bank. Avraham Boaz, 71, of New York, a dual Israeli-American citizen, was kidnapped at a PA security checkpoint in Beit Jala and murdered.

January 18, 2002: Shooting in Hadera. U.S. citizen killed: Aaron Elis, 32, son of Chicago family.

January 22, 2002: Shooting in Jerusalem, Israel. U.S. citizen injured: Shayna Gould, 19, of Chicago, IL

January 27, 2002, Jerusalem, Israel. A Palestinian woman triggered a massive explosion in downtown Jerusalem killing one elderly Israeli and injuring more than 150, including American Mark Sokolow, his wife, and 16 and 12-year-old daughters. Sokolow had earlier survived the September 11 attack on the World Trade Center, escaping from his law office on the 38th floor of the South Tower before it collapsed.

February 8, 2002, Jerusalem, Israel. Stabbing in Abu Tor Peace Forest Jerusalem. U.S. citizen killed: Moranne Amit, 25

February 15, 2002, near Ramallah, West Bank. Lee Akunis was shot to death.

February 16, 2002: Bombing in Karnei Shomron. U.S. citizens killed: Keren Shatsky, 14, of Brooklyn, NY and Maine, Rachel Thaler, 16, of Baltimore, MD. U.S. citizens injured: Lior Thaler, 14, of Baltimore, MD, Hillel Trattner of Chicago, IL, Ronit Yucht Trattner of Chicago, IL, Chani Friedman of New York.

February 19, 2002: Shooting near Neve Dekalim. U.S. citizens injured: Moshe Saperstein of New York.

February 25, 2002, Jerusalem, Israel. Moran Amit, 25, was stabbed to death in Abu Tor Peace Forest in Jerusalem.

March 7, 2002, Eshel Hashomron Hotel, Ariel, Israel. A Christian tourist from Arkansas lost her right eye in an attack by a suicide bomber.

March 21, 2002, Jerusalem, Israel. Bombing on a Jerusalem street. U.S. citizens injured: Alan Joseph Bauer, 37, of Chicago, Yonathon Bauer, 7 (dual U.S.-Israeli citizenship).

March 24, 2002, Ofra, Israel. Shooting near Ofra. U.S. citizens killed:    Esther Kleinman, 23, formerly of Chicago, IL.

March 27, 2002, Netanya, Israel. U.S. citizen Hannah Rogen, 90, was killed in a suicide attack at a Passover Seder.

March 31, 2002, Efrat, Israel. Bombing in Efrat. U.S. citizens injured:   An unidentified American citizen.

June 18, 2002, Jerusalem, Israel. Moshe Gottlieb, 70, of Los Angeles, CA was killed in a bus bombing in Jerusalem.

June 19, 2002, Jerusalem, Israel. Gila Sara Kessler, 19, whose family came from New York, was killed in a bombing at a bus stop.

July 31, 2002, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel. Nine people were killed when a bomb exploded in the main cafeteria at the Hebrew University's Mount Scopus campus in Jerusalem . Five were U.S. citizens: Janis Ruth Coulter, 36, of MA; Marla Bennet, 24, of San Diego, CA; David Gritz (also a French citizen), 24, of Peru, MA; Benjamin Blutstein, 25, of Susquehanna Township, PA; and Dina Carter, 37, of NC. Israelis David Ladovsky, 29, and Levina Shapira, 53 also died in the bombing. U.S. citizens injured: Spencer Dew, 26, of Owensboro, Kentucky; Zeev Spencer; Harris Gershon; Jamie Harris. Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack.

March 5, 2003: Bus bombing in Haifa . U.S. citizens killed: Abigail Leitel, 14, who was born in Lebanon, New Hampshire.

March 7, 2003: Shooting in the victims’ home . U.S. citizens killed: Rabbi Eli Horowitz, 52, who grew up in Chicago; Dina Horowitz, 50, who grew up in Florida

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.2.15  livefreeordie  replied to  CB @3.2.9    5 years ago

And Saddam confessed to his FBI interrogator that if we had lifted sanctions, he would have resumed all of his WMD programs including Nuclear weapons

FBI Interrogator Shares Saddam's Confessions

Tells 60 Minutes Former Iraqi Dictator Didn't Expect U.S. Invasion

That June 2000 speech was about weapons of mass destruction. In talking casually about that speech, Saddam began to tell the story of his weapons. It was a breakthrough that had taken five months.

"Oh, you couldn't imagine the excitement that I was feeling at that point," Piro remembers.

"And what did he tell you about how his weapons of mass destruction had been destroyed?" Pelley asks.

"He told me that most of the WMD had been destroyed by the U.N. inspectors in the '90s. And those that hadn't been destroyed by the inspectors were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq," Piro says.

"So why keep the secret? Why put your nation at risk, why put your own life at risk to maintain this charade?" Pelley asks.

"It was very important for him to project that because that was what kept him, in his mind, in power. That capability kept the Iranians away. It kept them from reinvading Iraq," Piro says.

Before his wars with America, Saddam had fought a ruinous eight year war with Iran and it was Iran he still feared the most.

"He believed that he couldn't survive without the perception that he had weapons of mass destruction?" Pelley asks.

"Absolutely," Piro says.

"As the U.S. marched toward war and we began massing troops on his border, why didn't he stop it then? And say, 'Look, I have no weapons of mass destruction.' I mean, how could he have wanted his country to be invaded?" Pelley asks.

"He didn't. But he told me he initially miscalculated President Bush. And President Bush's intentions. He thought the United States would retaliate with the same type of attack as we did in 1998 under Operation Desert Fox. Which was a four-day aerial attack. So you expected that initially," Piro says.

Piro says Saddam expected some kind of an air campaign and that he could he survive that. "He survived that once. And then he was willing to accept that type of attack. That type of damage," he says.

"Saddam didn't believe that the United States would invade," Pelley remarks.

"Not initially, no," Piro says.

"Once it was clear to him that there was going to be an invasion of the country. I mean, did he actually believe that his armies could win?" Pelley asks.

"No," Piro says. "What he had asked of his military leaders and senior government officials was to give him two weeks. And at that point it would go into what he called the secret war."

"The secret war. What did he mean?" Pelley asks.

"Going from a conventional to an unconventional war," Piro says.

"So the insurgency was part of his plan from the very beginning," Pelley remarks.

"Well, he would like to take credit for the insurgency," Piro says.

In fact, Piro says Saddam intended to produce weapons of mass destruction again, some day. "The folks that he needed to reconstitute his program are still there," Piro says.

"And that was his intention?" Pelley asks.

"Yes," Piro says.

"What weapons of mass destruction did he intend to pursue again once he had the opportunity?" Pelley asks.

"He wanted to pursue all of WMD. So he wanted to reconstitute his entire WMD program," says Piro.

"Chemical, biological, even nuclear," Pelley asks.

"Yes," Piro says.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.16  Dulay  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.13    5 years ago

March 2003

"They tried to assassinate my daddy, they have to pay" W. /s

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.17  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.10    5 years ago

Interesting. I will try to remember this about you, Ronin. (Smile.)

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.18  CB  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.15    5 years ago

I am not going to read all that 'noise.'  One question:  Exactly how many WMD's did the United States and its allies bring out  or explode from Iraq during or after the fall of Bagdad, LFOD?

Just answer that one thing for me. Okay, I will be generous. As I do not and will not take time to rummage through your last round of links, point me to the one or several which discuss found WMD in Iraq after war (real or imagined).

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.19  CB  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.15    5 years ago
In fact, Piro says Saddam intended to produce weapons of mass destruction again, some day. "The folks that he needed to reconstitute his program are still there," Piro says."And that was his intention?" Pelley asks."Yes," Piro says."What weapons of mass destruction did he intend to pursue again once he had the opportunity?" Pelley asks."He wanted to pursue all of WMD. So he wanted to reconstitute his entire WMD program," says Piro. "Chemical, biological, even nuclear," Pelley asks."Yes," Piro says.

"Intended" - "Sinended." Our citizen's children were injuried horribly and killed (grave yard dead) and thousands of Iraq's brutalized and killed over "intentions" sold to the citizens of this country as evidential reality. It was not reality:

Watch the first three minutes of this Larry King interview with Colin Powell (after Iraq blew up in his and Cheney's face):

Then maybe you can stop - whatever it is you are doing.

Professor Guide
3.2.20  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.4    5 years ago

Obviously, then, we have different friends. Again, livefreeordie, patriotism is often-confused with the warm cocoon of bigotry, that always demands conformance. Often those who wear their "so-called" patriotism on their sleeves, or, constantly spraying from every drop of saliva from their non-stop yapping about what a GREAT HERO, are not.

Nor, do they respect the RIGHTS OF OTHERS, understand the Constitution or know much about the history and formation of this country.

We do not live in a dictatorship. Donald J. Trump is a criminal under numerous on-going investigations into a LIFETIME OF CRIME.

Russia has its financial claws in Trump since the late 1980s. Putin owns Trump!
He is not a patriot, not a president, not a national hero. He is a VOICE for the angry brigade of wannabe little despots that "bully" their way through life, confusing "intimidation", ignorance, boisterous behavior with bravery.

Always ready for a "fight", never ready to pitch in and help out! We call them "LOUD MOUTH, NO-NOTHINGS".

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
3.2.21  Don Overton  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.4    5 years ago

You must have a way limited Vets that you know

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
3.2.22  Don Overton  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.4    5 years ago

Can't believe a word you utter

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.23  cjcold  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.1    5 years ago

[delete]

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.24  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @3.2.23    5 years ago

[Removed

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2.25  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.5    5 years ago

Spot on friggen target R2!  (This has to be a first.... Bit scary)

We destroyed Iraq which slid the balance of power to Iran in the region, and by disbanding the Republican Guard, ISIS was created. 

The no fly zone scenario would have been so much less expensive over time.

That and pulling out of Afghanistan after the job in the Tora Bora caves was over.

Dubya and his administration are responsible for both of those situations, all while adding to the debt at the same time by cutting taxes as you are running head first into war.

Junior Participates
3.2.27  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.4    5 years ago
I did and for many of my fellow Veterans who agree with me on this.

Many, maybe.  By no means all and maybe not even most.  You assume far too much.  

Junior Participates
3.2.28  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.13    5 years ago
You are deceived on Iraq by leftist propaganda.

Says the No. 2 spewer of rightwing disinformation here. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.29  cjcold  replied to  livefreeordie @3.2.1    5 years ago

The mission was far from accomplished and Cheney/Bush were far from being liberal.

Seems troops under Obama had the right to say "mission accomplished"

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.30  cjcold  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.10    5 years ago

. I just tend to come off as very conservative online.

That's an understatement.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.31  cjcold  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.3    5 years ago

$10,000 for the Bush doll.

Professor Guide
4  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    5 years ago

Trump used his father's wealth to get an illegal deferment to avoid going to Vietnam! 
Trump, of course, "lied" claiming that he had "Bone Spurs". 

He has publicly criticized the former Senator and POW, John McCain for getting captured when his jet fighter was shot down.

Recently, his physician exposed that lie by admitting that he was paid by Trump's daddy to file a FALSE diagnosis.

Trump does not deserve a PARADE in his honor. He has none! 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4    5 years ago
Trump used his father's wealth to get an illegal deferment to avoid going to Vietnam!

I await your publishing of medical claims proving what you claim. When will you be doing that?

Professor Guide
4.1.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    5 years ago

Do your own research. Google it! A ton of articles and TV stories have been produced exposing this FRAUD!

You will not find it on FOX TV NUTWORK NOISE!800

lib50
Professor Silent
4.1.3  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    5 years ago
I await your publishing of medical claims proving what you claim. When will you be doing that?

Why doesn't Trump just release his proof of bone spurs?  You want proof, start with that.  When will you be asking the LIAR for proof of what he says? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @4.1.3    5 years ago
Why doesn't Trump just release his proof of bone spurs? You want proof, start with that. When will you be asking the LIAR for proof of what he says?

If you call him a draft dodger, or that he received deferments illegally and improperly, then it is incumbent on you to prove it.

Isn't THAT the way it is SUPPOSED to work?

If I say Joe Biden has wild lovefests with minor children, would you not expect ME to prove it?

Professor Guide
4.1.5  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to    5 years ago

Your accusations, as your unfounded opinions, are irrelevant. This issue is the use of federal funds to promote a re-election bid. Especially, odious is that it is engineered, indeed, demanded by a FIVE-TIME DRAFT DODGER.

Google it, read it and weep, my friend. You are traveling on the WRONG SIDE OF HISTORY.

Trump is an INTERNATIONAL DISASTER, a self-serving monster under SERIOUS INVESTIGATIONS for criminal wronging while in office.

lib50
Professor Silent
4.1.6  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.4    5 years ago

If a pathological liar says something self serving, who would believe that at face value?  And why?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @4.1.6    5 years ago

I have no idea why pathological liars are claiming shit about Trump.

You should ask them, not me.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.8  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.7    5 years ago
I have no idea why pathological liars are claiming shit about Trump.

We all have absolute, definitive evidence that Donald Trump is a pathological liar. Do you have any evidence those questioning Trumps claims of bone spurs are "pathological liars"?

Trump is a serial liar and you know it. Only those with their heads in the sand or firmly implanted up Donald Trumps voluminous ass are seemingly blind to this fact. But even those who refuse to see the truth right in front of their noses have to admit that we have a President who has never served in the military attempting to misappropriate an American tradition of celebrating those who have fought for our freedom and Independence and turning it into a campaign rally. It is shameful to all Americans who have retained even a shred of dignity and respect for our great nation and haven't abandoned all shame to be just another link in Trumps vile human centipede having their mouths and heads filled with his bullshit daily only to regurgitate it at those they come in contact with like those on an internet news comment board. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.8    5 years ago

If you have proof that Trump received a deferment he wasn't entitled to, please show it, as everyone else has successfully dodged the question. If you have any proof whatsoever he did anything illegal to gain a deferment like millions others received, simply provide it.

GO!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.10  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.7    5 years ago

Trump proves himself to be a pathological liar every day. Only Russian bots still like him.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @4.1.10    5 years ago
Only Russian bots still like him.

Seems to me some people here like Trump.

Have you reported the "bots" to site management yet, along with your mountain of evidence?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.1.12  katrix  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.9    5 years ago
If you have proof that Trump received a deferment he wasn't entitled to, please show it,

Hilarious.  You only require proof from those you think are liberals. Trump claims he had bone spurs - the burden of proof is on him.  Since we already know he wrote the note from his "doctor" proclaiming that he'd be the healthiest president ever elected, despite his being fat, refusing to exercise, and inhaling McDonalds and sodas, I somehow doubt he'll have an valid evidence including x-rays.  Because his bone spurs were likely fake and just a way for him to dodge the draft.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1.13  livefreeordie  replied to  katrix @4.1.12    5 years ago

Wrong. Our system says the burden of proof is on accusers, not the accused. It sets us apart from both 3rd world and totalitarian governments 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.14  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.9    5 years ago
If you have proof that Trump received a deferment he wasn't entitled to, please show it

"Two daughters of a New York podiatrist say that 50 years ago their father diagnosed President Donald Trump with bone spurs in his heels as a favor to the doctor's landlord, Fred Trump , The New York Times reported Wednesday.

Trump received five deferments from the draft for military service during the Vietnam War. He received four education deferments while he was a college student and a fifth deferment in 1968 for a medical exemption after he graduated. 

Larry Braunstein, who died in 2007, rented a ground floor office in a building owned by Trump in Jamaica, Queens. His daughters, Elysa Braunstein, 56, and Sharon Kessel, 53, told the Times that their father's role in Trump's diagnosis had become "family lore." 

"It was something we would always discuss," Elysa Braunstein told the Times. She and her sister are both Democrats who oppose Trump, according to the newspaper. 

Elysa Braunstein said their father made the diagnosis to gain access to the landlord and that she didn't know if her father even examined the junior Trump.  

"I know it was a favor,"  Elysa Braunstein said. 

"What he got was access to Fred Trump," she told the Times. "If there was anything wrong in the building, my dad would call and Trump would take care of it immediately. That was the small favor that he got ."

The women did not offer any documentation to back up their claims. They said their father's story also involved a second podiatrist, Manny Weinstein , who died in 1995. Weinstein's landlord was also Fred Trump ."

The circumstantial evidence is more than enough for reasonable persons to conclude Fred Trump used his influence to keep his sad sack of worthless son out of the draft (probably doing us a favor and saving lives since who knows how many soldiers Donald's stupidity would have cost our military had he been sent to Vietnam), a smoking gun isn't necessary.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.17  Ronin2  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.14    5 years ago
"It was something we would always discuss," Elysa Braunstein told the Times. She and her sister are both Democrats who oppose Trump, according to the newspaper. 
The women did not offer any documentation to back up their claims. They said their father's story also involved a second podiatrist, Manny Weinstein, who died in 1995. Weinstein's landlord was also Fred Trump."

Full stop. Bullshit meter breaking into the red. They couldn't possibly be lying./S

Not saying Trump didn't dodge the draft; but this story doesn't pass the smell test.  All smoke and mirrors again. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.18  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.17    5 years ago
but this story doesn't pass the smell test

How so? Do you have any evidence that they aren't who they say they are? All you have is the word of a serial liar, serial adulterer, and serially bankrupt gold painted narcissist who invents his own truth, prefers "alternative facts, and claims making shit up is just the "power of positive thinking". I would trust virtually any random persons word over the word of Donald Trump.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.19  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    5 years ago
Doctors serving in military are the only ones authorized to grant deferments

You've said this before but I have been unable to verify this. I have found many accounts of other people claiming doctors were used to diagnose false medical issues for the children of those willing and able to pay.

"Finding a doctor who would certify a healthy draft-age person as medically unfit, either willingly or for pay"

With two doctors (both of who wanted to get in Fred Trumps good graces) diagnoses Trump went to the draft board and likely received the cursory physical examination. With the diagnoses the draft board doctor likely did what most do with a diagnoses of "bone spurs" which is to feel around the area and ask if the patient experiences pain. If the patient says they feel pain, and has two other doctors verifying the diagnoses, it's HIGHLY unlikely they would have ordered the x-rays necessary to actually confirm this diagnoses, especially when they had hundreds of other draftees to inspect that day.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.20  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.4    5 years ago

It is not that he had or didn't have them, it is about using them as an excuse to get out of the draft.  They sure didn't stop him from playing leisure sports when he got his deferments.  I had a bone spur removed while in the Army, went on con leave, went back to duty a week later which sometimes included wearing combat boots.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.21  CB  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.13    5 years ago

HILARIOUS! 

Katrix we have met the enemy and it is "us." Some conservatives on this site take these matters to be great 'sport.'  Liberals, arm yourselves with facts and matter-of-factly proceed to cram facts figuratively down the throats of those who come here with "gameness." (Gameness, the seeking of victory through never acknowledging defeat.)

Back to you LFOD: HILARIOUS!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.25  Ronin2  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.18    5 years ago
The women did not offer any documentation to back up their claims. They said their father's story also involved a second podiatrist, Manny Weinstein, who died in 1995. Weinstein's landlord was also Fred Trump."

It is not my burden to prove. It is theirs. They have no documentation. They have hearsay from their father, who is dead. The other doctor their father referenced is also dead. It is all rather convenient. The only reason they are believed is because they hate Trump.

I also stated Trump probably did avoid the draft. Many rich children did with their parents' money and political connections. Those that didn't used other means to dodge the draft, some legal, some not so legal. Both sides of the political spectrum did it. If dodging the draft were a real issue Clinton and Bush Jr would never have been elected president.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.27  Texan1211  replied to    5 years ago

So simply prove it isn't there in his records.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.28  Dulay  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.19    5 years ago
Doctors serving in military are the only ones authorized to grant deferments You've said this before but I have been unable to verify this.

Here is proof that Trump did NOT have a 'Doctor serving in the military' authorize his final 4F deferment. 

Note the Trump only had 2 physical exams by Armed Services Doctors, one in 66, one in 68. Trump was given a 4F PERMANENT deferment in 1972 WITHOUT being examined by a Military physician. 

The sick part of it is that Trump insists that his bone spurs were 'temporary and minor' yet he got a deferment from 1968 and again in 1972. Doesn't sound 'temporary and minor' to me...

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.29  Don Overton  replied to    5 years ago

No wally he made nothing up but you certainly did

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.30  Don Overton  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.13    5 years ago

[deleted]

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.31  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.11    5 years ago

Not yet comrade.

Junior Participates
4.1.32  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    5 years ago
I await your publishing of medical claims proving what you claim.

You have a 100% of rejecting any proof given to you on any subject.  Your demands of proof are a joke on yourself. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2  It Is ME  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4    5 years ago
Trump does not deserve a PARADE in his honor.

Isn't this all supposed to be about "Independence Day" ?

"Independence Day is a national holiday marked by patriotic displays."

The folks that signed up for the military (the most dangerous job in this country) should be represented !

You don't agree ?

Professor Guide
4.2.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  It Is ME @4.2    5 years ago

Not to HONOR a Draft Dodger, a potential traitor, and, a known INTERNATIONAL THIEF, who, along with his family, is looting the treasury.

Trump praises our enemies and disparages our allies, who fought alongside our military in numerous wars. And, against Russians in Korea and Vietnam.

Trump is NOT what his supporters believe him to be!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.2  It Is ME  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.2.1    5 years ago
Not to HONOR a Draft Dodger

Where did Trump say this was for him ?

Are you just "Projecting" again ?

lib50
Professor Silent
4.2.3  lib50  replied to  It Is ME @4.2    5 years ago
The folks that signed up for the military (the most dangerous job in this country) should be represented ! You don't agree ?

THEY don't agree!  They don't want this bullshit!  They don't want to spend hours in the heat for a draft dodging lying asshole!   And who the hell is paying for this?  This isn't even American, and it isn't for the military.  Its for Trump's ego. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.4  It Is ME  replied to  lib50 @4.2.3    5 years ago
THEY don't agree!  They don't want this bullshit! 

"They", the military, sure do "Clap" and "Cheer" LOUDLY when Trump speaks to, and PRAISES them.

2 or 3 decenters does not make a "Military", except in "Liberal land", where the "Few" ALWAYS mean EVERYTHING ! jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Professor Guide
4.2.5  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.2    5 years ago

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.6  It Is ME  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.2.5    5 years ago

Still waiting ….. "FOR THE ACTUAL EVIDENCE" ! jrSmiley_32_smiley_image.gif

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.2.7  livefreeordie  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.2.1    5 years ago

Sure he is. We know he’s not an [Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.6    5 years ago

There is no real evidence, or all the folks squawking about legal deferments--which millions received--would have produced it by now.

lib50
Professor Silent
4.2.9  lib50  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.4    5 years ago
"They", the military, sure do "Clap" and "Cheer" LOUDLY when Trump speaks to, and PRAISES them.

They have to.  Who wants to work on July 4th and be apart from their family in the heat?   Why do Americans want to spend all that money when Trump already blew up the deficit?  Why is this all about Trump?  Its supposed to be about the country. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.10  It Is ME  replied to  lib50 @4.2.9    5 years ago
Why is this all about Trump?

Because the author of this article made it about Trump ?

Just guessing here. 

Towns, Cities, Counties, and even States celebrate this, on the tax payer dime.

Why is this bothering you now ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.11  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.8    5 years ago
There is no real evidence, or all the folks squawking about legal deferments--which millions received--would have produced it by now.

Deferments only count as a bad thing when the Left say they count.

SAD !

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.12  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.6    5 years ago

I doubt you will get any because he has none to provide. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.13  It Is ME  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.12    5 years ago

Innuendo and conjecture is fun to litigate here. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

I likes "FUN !

Without "Fun", what is really there to life ?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.14  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.12    5 years ago

I'd say, enough "comedy jokes" but unfortunately, i don't think he is joking.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  lib50 @4.2.3    5 years ago

If I were still in the military I would take an Article 15 or General Court-Martial before I would march in this asshole's parade

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.2.16  livefreeordie  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.15    5 years ago

I would proudly march to show my support for our country, the military and our wonderful President.

so happy to see him restoring American pride after the terrible 8 years of the Marxist community organizer

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2.17  cjcold  replied to  It Is ME @4.2    5 years ago

Many had no choice. Our number came up and we were drafted into a stupid war.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2.18  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @4.2.17    5 years ago

Is anybody here old enough to remember the draft?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.19  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @4.2.18    5 years ago

Of course.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.20  It Is ME  replied to  cjcold @4.2.17    5 years ago
Many had no choice. Our number came up and we were drafted into a stupid war.

Speak to your congressman/woman then. They are the ones that actually decide ….. FOR YOU !

Maybe stop relying on "Congress" for everything. It comes back to bite you in the ass.....most times !

And at the most inopportune moments too !

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2.21  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @4.2.18    5 years ago

Nam had nothing to do with fighting communism. It was all about defense contractors making money.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.2.22  livefreeordie  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.2.1    5 years ago

Europe is not our friend just as Russia is not our friend.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.2.23  livefreeordie  replied to  cjcold @4.2.18    5 years ago

I enlisted in 1966 at age 17. Had to get a pass to go home and register for the draft so I could get a security clearance for my rating.   Had to show my military green card to the woman at the draft board who didn’t believe me when I answered to the occupation question, “US Military Active duty”

id like to see them bring back mandatory military service

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.2.24  livefreeordie  replied to  cjcold @4.2.21    5 years ago

Wrong.   Both Russia and China were overt in their goals of making all of Southeast Asia communist. They vied against each other as to which would dominate and control the region.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.2.26  livefreeordie  replied to    5 years ago

Israel, Japan, South Korea, maybe the UK, Canada (apart from little Trudeau), some other small nations.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.28  It Is ME  replied to    5 years ago
A transitory ally is neither...as so many around the globe are discovering under this administration.

Are there actually allies in this world, when there is NO WAR ?

Seems to me, without "WAR", everyone looks out for their own selves, until the "Dreaded" comes around again !

When that "Dreaded" comes  again, then everyone will be "super-duper Uber" allies AGAIN !

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.30  It Is ME  replied to    5 years ago
"...you couldn't hit water if you fell out of a fucking boat."

I noticed you COULDN'T say I was wrong. jrSmiley_32_smiley_image.gif

Are you an advocate of "Staying Ignorant as a "Feeling" of Bliss for ever" ? jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.32  It Is ME  replied to    5 years ago

I noticed you STILL COULDN'T say I was wrong. jrSmiley_32_smiley_image.gif

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.33  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  cjcold @4.2.18    5 years ago

My mother sent me my induction notice a week after I was already in Navy Boot Camp. I ceremonially burned it in the barracks the day I received it! My mother had a representative of the selective service show up wanting to know why I had not shown up. He did not believe her when she told him I had already enlisted...

Phaedrus
Freshman Silent
4.2.34  Phaedrus  replied to  cjcold @4.2.21    5 years ago
It was all about defense contractors making money.

Aren't they all?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2.35  cjcold  replied to  livefreeordie @4.2.7    5 years ago

Trump is an ignorant fool. All who worship him are also ignorant fools.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.2.36  livefreeordie  replied to  cjcold @4.2.35    5 years ago

I don’t know a single Trump supporter who worships Him.    Cite with a link anyone who does

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2.37  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.4    5 years ago

I don't know if you served or not, but soldiers have to show fake respect when Trump is around.  A soldier can't even voice disdain for any COC in fear of charges being brought against them.  They are in reality, a captive audience.  If I were still in, I don't care if it meant an article 15.  That pit viper in a badly fitted suit would deserve anything I said in regards to him as COC.  Even if he walked past me, there would be no salute.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.38  It Is ME  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2.37    5 years ago
but soldiers have to show fake respect when Trump is around

Probably "Some", as all other Presidents have had over the decades.

"Some' does not make a whole though.

Obama's score with the Military wasn't something to write home about.

Obama had more of a not satisfied "W-Hole" than Trump has.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.39  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2.37    5 years ago

You and me, both, Paula. I would gladly take the Article 15 for not saluting that "superior" while in uniform.

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.41  CB  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.2.1    5 years ago

My friend, Trump's supporter KNOW what he is. He is there idea of "shock and awe" to this country and Liberals. If and when these conservatives on Newstalkers show you what they are about, believe them.

These conservatives here elected Trump. These conservatives here support Trump. These conservatives come here to make the case daily for Trump. These conservatives front and center ARE more TRUMP or as much TRUMP as TRUMP IS himself!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.46  Sparty On  replied to  livefreeordie @4.2.24    5 years ago

And Uncle Ho played them both like a fiddle.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.47  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @4.2.22    5 years ago

Europe is our friend.  Russia is NOT.  

Professor Guide
4.2.48  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.28    5 years ago

Have you heard about the NATO Treaty Alliance that was formed after the Second World War?

Perhaps, you are more familiar with the South Korean Alliance with the USA, or, the Japanese, Vietnam, Philippines, Israel, etc.

Countries have Allies and the smart ones respect theirs. Unfortunately, Trump, the illegally installed POTUS, real POS, has no respect for anyone, anything, only HIMSELF.

Trump is a "wannabe HITLER-STYLED DICTATOR"! He is not who you believe him to be. He is the GREATEST THREAT TO AMERICA since Pearl Harbor.

Professor Guide
4.2.49  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  livefreeordie @4.2.23    5 years ago

As would I. Serving in the Military is only one way of being a patriot, it is not the EXCLUSIVE RIGHT of those that did. Nor should it be misused as a "SLUG HAMMER" to disrespect one's, fellow citizens.

Hitler used that technique to turn the GERMAN CITIZENS into killing machines that blindly followed a "MAD MAN".

Trump's Ghostwriter for "The Art of the Deal" and his biographer sent years with Trump, and, both, independently stated that Trump never read a book in the entire years that they knew him.

His first wife, Ivana, stated that he kept a copy of Hitler's book by his nightstand, and, that is the only one she knows that he read.

Trump is a "draft-dodging, compulsive liar, and a THIRD GENERATION THEFT, who is robbing this country every minute of the day. He is neither honorable nor, deserving of respect.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.50  It Is ME  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.2.48    5 years ago

Have you heard.....so-called Allies circumvent restrictions on their own behalf ….. all the time !

But I'm sure you knew that, [deleted]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.51  It Is ME  replied to    5 years ago

And who decides what is a lie ?

The Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher trail comes to mind . jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.52  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.51    5 years ago
The Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher trail comes to mind .

Seems I remember some fine folks here basically crucifying the Navy Seal hero when the trial started. I wonder what they have to say now that he was found innocent of all charges except for taking a photo?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.53  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.52    5 years ago
I wonder what they have to say now that he was found innocent of all charges except for taking a photo?

We both know the answer to that question.

NOTHING ! 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.2.54  livefreeordie  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.47    5 years ago

Europe isn't our friend.  that's laughable.  I said Russia is not our friend

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.2.55  livefreeordie  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.2.49    5 years ago

[deleted] And military service is the pre-eminent means of showing your patriotism and service to country.  My family members have served in our military dating back to the French-Indian Wars.  I have a Musket from a family member used in the Revolutionary War. We have a saber from a family Member who was an officer for the Union in the Civil War.  My grandfather was wounded in France in WWI and decorated by Wilson. My father blinded in WWII in Europe.  I was wounded and disabled during the 60s.  Two sons served in the Marines in the 80s-90s. One decorated by Clinton, one was in the first Marine Unit to cross into Baghdad.

Military service for us is a tradition we take great pride in.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.56  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.15    5 years ago

While I feel you genuinely feel that way now, would you honestly consider doing that if you knew you had a family and mouths to feed if your actions resulted in you losing a pay grade and income to prove a political point?

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.57  Dulay  replied to  livefreeordie @4.2.55    5 years ago
And military service is the pre-eminent means of showing your patriotism and service to country.

So no women in America were patriots until 1948? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.58  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.2.57    5 years ago
So no women in America were patriots until 1948?

Clearly not what he stated.

Why don't you argue what he stated instead of what you THINK he meant?

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.2.59  Don Overton  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.4    5 years ago

[deletedr]

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.60  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.58    5 years ago
Clearly not what he stated.

I'm not the one claiming members said shit they didn't say Tex. 

Why don't you argue what he stated instead of what you THINK he meant?

Why don't you try to figure out what a question mark means? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.61  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.58    5 years ago

Your "question" was nonsensical then. Since he never stated anything of the sort, you would have been just as well off asking him what color his car is, for all the relevance of it in relation to what he did post.

Carry on!!!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.62  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.52    5 years ago
he was found innocent of all charges except for taking a photo?

Incorrect. He was found not guilty. And yes, there is a difference. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.63  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.62    5 years ago
ncorrect. He was found not guilty. And yes, there is a difference.

Okay, he was found not guilty. Happy now?

BTW:

Dictionary

Look it up
not guilty
[not guilty]

DEFINITION
innocent, especially of a formal charge.
"he pled not guilty to murder"

Translate not guilty to

Powered by Oxford Dictionaries · Cortana · Bing Translator

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.2.64  Split Personality  replied to  livefreeordie @4.2.55    5 years ago

Desmond Doss was one of the few Christian US soldiers who ever did the right thing by your Christ.

The rest of us just fed your Satan by doing un-Christlike things year in and year out, one generation after another,

praising our military prowess, and bragging about hereditary killing implements

and "victories" over our fellow men.

Face it, there is no God that would allow a species to kill most of our previous 101 billion ancestors over religion or politics.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.2.66  Don Overton  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.4    5 years ago

[Removed

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.67  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Don Overton @4.2.66    5 years ago

Well I do not know about you, but I spent 20 years in the U.S. Navy and served in Vietnam and the 1st Gulf War so I can honestly say I know a fair amount about military customs. I have not heard anything much from you on this thread that shows you do. It Is Me did not really say anything wrong other than that it was just something you disagreed with because he does not share your political views. Enlist and go to war? Been there done that in two wars and several other FUBAR ops in between. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2.68  cjcold  replied to  It Is ME @4.2.6    5 years ago

There is plenty of actual evidence. You are just in denial.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.2.70  livefreeordie  replied to  Dulay @4.2.57    5 years ago

Of course there have been. Going all the way back to the Revolutionary War

The defense of our nation is a shared responsibility. Women have served in the defense of this land for years before our United States was born. They have contributed their talents, skills and courage to this endeavor for more than two centuries with an astounding record of achievement that stretches from Lexington and Concord to the Persian Gulf and beyond.

Retired Gen. Gordon R. Sullivan

Chief of Staff of the Army, 1991-1995

“A few women fought in the Army in the American Revolutionary War while disguised as men. Deborah Sampson fought until her sex was discovered and she was discharged, and Sally St. Clare died in the war.   Anna Maria Lane joined her husband in the Army, and by the time of the Battle of Germantown, she was wearing men's clothesAccording to the Virginia General Assembly, "in the revolutionary war, in the garb, and with the courage of a soldier, [Lane] performed extraordinary military services, and received a severe wound at the battle of Germantown."

The number of women soldiers in the American Civil War is estimated at between 400 and 750, although an accurate count is impossible because the women again had to disguise themselves as men.

The United States established the Army Nurse Corps as a permanent part of the Army in 1901; the Corps was all-female until 1955.

Sometimes they were flung into the vortex of battle. Such was the case of Mary Ludwig Hays, better known as Molly Pitcher, who earned fame at the Battle of Monmouth in 1778. Hays first brought soldiers water from a local well to quench their thirst on an extremely hot and humid day and then replaced her wounded husband at his artillery piece, firing at the oncoming British. In a similar vein, Margaret Corbin was severely wounded during the British assault on Fort Washington in November 1776 and left for dead alongside her husband, also an artilleryman, until she was attended by a physician. She lived, though her wounds left her permanently disabled. History recalls her as the first American female to receive a soldier’s lifetime pension after the war.

One of the best examples of a woman who disguised herself as a man to fight in the Continental Army was Deborah Sampson from Uxbridge, Massachusetts. Amazingly, she also has a paper trail concerning her combat service in the army, where she fought under the alias of Robert Shurtliff, the name of her deceased brother, in the light infantry company of the Fourth Massachusetts Regiment.  She mustered into service in the spring of 1782 and saw action in Westchester County, New York just north of the City of New York where she was wounded in her thigh and forehead. Not wanting her identity to be revealed during medical care she permitted physicians to treat her head wound and then slipped out of the field hospital unnoticed, where she extracted one of the bullets from her thigh with a penknife and sewing needle. The other bullet was lodged too deep and her leg never fully healed. Her identity was finally revealed during the summer of 1783 when she contracted a fever while on duty in Philadelphia.  

The Women Who Fought in the Civil War

Hundreds of women concealed their identities so they could battle alongside their Union and Confederate counterparts

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.71  Dulay  replied to  livefreeordie @4.2.70    5 years ago
Women have served in the defense of this land for years before our United States was born.

Yet according to you, they lacked the 'pre-eminent means of showing their patriotism and service to country'. Just taking you at YOUR word LFOD. 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.2.72  Don Overton  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.67    5 years ago

Been there done that 3 times WIA 71  CIB  Bronze

You?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.2.73  1stwarrior  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2.37    5 years ago

You must not have understood your protocol and "rules of the road" in the military.  REGARDLESS of WHO is in office, you are saluting the POSITION of President, not the person - period - whether you like it or not.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.74  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Don Overton @4.2.72    5 years ago

As I said above, 20 years USN Fleet Marine Force Hospital Corpsman. In 1974 I flew as medical aircrew on USMC UH-1 Hueys from a LPH off the coast. Primarily did SAR and medevac runs in country. The Army called them "Dustoffs". Had a bird shot out from under me and took a hard landing in a dry rice paddy outside of DaNang courtesy of a RPG round. Took shrapnel to my back sides and legs but I was too busy to notice trying to care for and save the wounded Marine on board. He made it. Pilot and crew chief not so lucky. Still have the nightmares and suffered survivor's guilt for years. Took a hour and a half in the middle of a firefight between Charlie on one side of the paddy and a platoon of Marines on the other side. Finally got picked up by another chopper. Got sent home after after that but stayed in the Navy. My CO wanted to give me a Purple Heart and a Navy Commendation Medal. I told him to give it to my wounded Marine instead. He deserved them more than I did. There were other episodes in 20 years that do not need to be mentioned here, but suffice it to say I have been around the block a time or two. By the way, Happy 4th of July and thank you for your service. have a good evening.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.75  MrFrost  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.74    5 years ago

And as always, thanks for your service Ed. Our politics don't always mesh well, but I have never doubted your service and devotion to the USA. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.76  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.75    5 years ago

Nor I yours Sir. Semper Fi brother!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.2.77  FLYNAVY1  replied to  cjcold @4.2.18    5 years ago

Too young for VN but old enough to remember older family members subject to the draft.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.2.78  FLYNAVY1  replied to  livefreeordie @4.2.22    5 years ago

Then you never spent any time in joint operations with NATO forces then...

You don't want to remember the stationing of cruse missiles in Sicily, or Persing II missiles in West Germany.

You don't want to remember German farmers fields chewed up by armored units during training. 

You don't think that the countless years of British and Italian subs and ASW aircraft tracking Soviet subs in the North Atlantic and Mediterranean.

Hell, our ships and aircraft are still regular visitors on the island of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean which is a British base.

I Have no use for ungrateful and purposely dishonest people.  This is why I want to puke every time a Trump supporter opens their mouth in defense of their shit stain of a savior. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.79  It Is ME  replied to  cjcold @4.2.68    5 years ago
There is plenty of actual evidence.

And that would beeeeee …… What ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2.80  It Is ME  replied to  Don Overton @4.2.66    5 years ago

I don't ?

Are you sure ?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.82  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  dennis smith @4.2.81    5 years ago

Well stated!

Junior Participates
4.2.84  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  livefreeordie @4.2.16    5 years ago
I would proudly march to show my support for our country, the military and our wonderful President.

Aren't the one who constantly claims you're not a Republican?  You and BF make a perfect pair (of what, I'll not say).  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.85  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.75    5 years ago

As you said, our politics do not always mesh but at least we know we can each count on the other to hold a polite discussion with each other even in disagreement. Sorry the same cannot be said for others posting here. Have a good day my friend.

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.86  CB  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.2.78    5 years ago

Good old Diego Garcia. Damn, I have not thought about that little bit of heaven in a "thousand" years!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.87  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.2.78    5 years ago

I remember the Amphib group I was with pulled into Diego Garcia in 1981. They would not let anybody off the three ships because we would have overrun the island. They resupplied us at anchor and we pulled out after 24 hours.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.2.89  1stwarrior  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.2.87    5 years ago

When I was in the Coast Guard, I tried to get assigned to Diego as an Investigating Officer, but, believe it or not, that place was so popular with the CG, especially the Inspection and Investigating Officers - never got chosen.  Went to Norfolk instead.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.4  Sparty On  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4    5 years ago
Trump does not deserve a PARADE in his honor.

More horseshit.  

The Independence day parade happens every year and it's not in his honor it's for all Americans.   Except it is for him to since he is an American as well.

I'd say this hatred being spewed at Trump is epic but it no longer is epic.   It's become typical for many.

Must be a sad, sad existence for some to carry all that hate around in their hearts.

That said, happy 4th of July to all Americans.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.4.1  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @4.4    5 years ago
The Independence day parade happens every year and it's not in his honor it's for all Americans

He's totally changing this and making it about him. I've been to plenty of these. He's going to speak from the Lincoln Memorial - which is where a lot of people generally sit to enjoy the show. He's also blocking off a large section around him for his toadies, rather than letting all Americans enjoy that space. He's politicizing an event which has always just been about regular Americans celebrating their country together, enjoying the day, the monuments, the music, and the fireworks. Security is going to be a nightmare for those attending ... flights are being shut down ... he's inconveniencing an awful lot of people so he can hold a rally at an event that should NOT be about him and which should not be partisan.

He's never given up on his personal Bastille Day military parade, and this is his attempt at giving himself one. He's already bragging about his tanks.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.4.3  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @4.4.1    5 years ago
He's never given up on his personal Bastille Day military parade, and this is his attempt at giving himself one. He's already bragging about his tanks.

I've been to a few as well and static displays of military equipment is not an unusual thing for events of this nature.   Not at all.

This is nothing more that TDS on display.   Big time.   It reminds me of when the Blue Angels come to town and all the usual loons on the left whine about it.   They're too loud, it costs too much in tax payer dollars, etc, etc.

Wanna tighten the feds belt?   Find something more worthy of being cut.   Cut some of congress's unnecessary perks that cost us hundreds of millions a year.   That would be a great start.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.4.5  Sparty On  replied to    5 years ago
The difference this time is his interjecting himself front and center.

Most of the mass media would like to make it about that and they will but i don't believe that it is.  

We disagree on that i know.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.4.7  Sparty On  replied to    5 years ago

Show me a POTUS who wasn't a flaming narcissist and i'll show you someone who didn't become POTUS.

One wonders if you were as hard on previous Democrat POTUS's, who had the same issue but hide it better due to being better politicians.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.4.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.4.3    5 years ago
This is nothing more that TDS on display.  

TDS is a figment of your imagination. What you are referring to is people properly reacting to the moron in the white house. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.4.10  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @4.4.9    5 years ago

“After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but is often true.”

“The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.”

Spock

CB
Professor Principal
4.4.11  CB  replied to  Sparty On @4.4    5 years ago

HaPPY 4TH OF July!

Now then no one has to hate Donald Trump, the man. We do take great displeasure in the manipulative liar and denier occupying our presidency, nevertheless. Incidentally, anybody who loves a compulsive liar must be in on it!

CB
Professor Principal
4.4.12  CB  replied to  Sparty On @4.4.7    5 years ago

Oh! So now you want to throw the old "democrats make better politicians" card, Donald? Is that you?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.4.13  cjcold  replied to    5 years ago

Trump wants to emulate Putin. He just wants bigger rockets.

So who pays for fixing the streets after the tanks tear them up?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.4.15  Sparty On  replied to  CB @4.4.12    5 years ago

Some politicians will try to put whipped cream on shit and tell you it’s chocolate pudding, Trump isn’t one of them.    There’s no calculation there like the career politicians    

He thinks it and comes immediately squirting out.  Either verbally or electronically.   No one can argue that.

CB
Professor Principal
4.4.16  CB  replied to  Sparty On @4.4.15    5 years ago

I will grant you that 'Slick' (Donald) is not a politician. Thus, these amateurish mistakes for which the politicians are showing him how things are done. And, if it was not for good old McConnell sitting on his hands. . . ."Boom!" Donald would be out on the streets (again) and back in his civilian job.

On the other-hand, that is the issue with too much tweeting and talking (everyday), very little is left to mystery. That is, how can we ever forget Donald and 'crap' if he won't  shut up for a few days? Okay, a week or two at times. Let the nation breath. Minds (and hearts) reset.

But no! Trump is boxed in inside that head of his. He has trapped himself (trained his followers) into having a 'groundhog day' experience where he must express himself to "my audience" every day! So, the operative word becomes:

Over-saturation.

Trump has over-saturated his audience with his thoughts, they just have not realized it yet. But once they do. . . the spell will disintegrate.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.4.17  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sparty On @4.4.5    5 years ago

Then why didn't he just make it a parade, with the military present, without himself needing to speak and draw attention to himself?

He could have defused the entire situation.

CB
Professor Principal
4.4.18  CB  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.4.17    5 years ago

I listened to most of the speech and Trump's words were kept largely at "Attention." It could have been seriously deficient, but he minded his staff's p's and q's.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.5  Ronin2  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4    5 years ago

Which is must worse than Bill Clinton's draft dodging, and going to foreign countries to organize anti-US War protests. The left didn't think anything about electing him POTUS twice.

He has publicly criticized the former Senator and POW, John McCain for getting captured when his jet fighter was shot down.

Wow, pot meet kettle. Like the Democrats and left never criticized McCain's war record.

The highest-voltage third rail of this presidential campaign may not be race, sex or age, but John McCain's military service.

On Sunday, McCain's campaign issued a pair of outraged statements after retired general and Barack Obama supporter Wesley Clark said he didn't think that McCain’s service as a fighter pilot and prisoner of war was relevant to running the country. Obama has consistently praised McCain's service, and called him "a genuine American hero."

But farther to the left — and among some of McCain's conservative enemies as well — harsher attacks are circulating. Critics have accused McCain of war crimes for bombing targets in Hanoi in the 1960s. A widely read liberal blog on Sunday accused McCain of "disloyalty" during his captivity in Vietnam for his coerced participation in propaganda films and interviews after he had been tortured.

"A lot of people don't know ... that McCain made a propaganda video for the enemy while he was in captivity," wrote Americablog.com's John Aravosis. "Putting that bit of disloyalty aside, what exactly is McCain's military experience that prepares him for being commander in chief?"

"Getting shot down, tortured and then doing propaganda for the enemy is not command experience," Aravosis wrote in the blog post, titled   "Honestly, besides being tortured, what did McCain do to excel in the military?"

Seems the left's morale compass was broken when McCain was running for president.

Trump does not deserve a PARADE

If you would have stopped there I could have agreed with you fully. No president deserves a parade until they are dead. With all of the current budget short falls the last thing we need is another overblown expense. But then I am a true fiscal conservative; so it wouldn't matter to me if was a R or D wasting money.

in his honor. He has none!

Trump has honor. He only shows it to a very tight nit circle of his family. The left's major problem with Trump is he decided to become a Republican rather than a Democrat.  If he was a Democrat the left could forgive any of his past, present, or future sins. Look no further than the Clintons if you don't believe that.

Professor Guide
4.5.1  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Ronin2 @4.5    5 years ago

Delusions are not real, no matter how many time you tell yourself that they are. There is no honor in dishonor.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.5.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @4.5.1    5 years ago

I'll gladly take Ronin2's alleged delusions over your imaginary "facts" any day. And by the way, I also served in Vietnam as a U.S. Navy FMF Hospital Corpsman flying as medical aircrew on board USMC UH-1 Huey SAR and medevac birds 1974. Served a total of 20 years that also included the 1st Gulf War as well. I guess maybe we saw things differently.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.5.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @4.5    5 years ago
Trump has honor. He only shows it to a very tight knit circle of his family.

Best unintentional comedy line of the week. 

CB
Professor Principal
4.5.4  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @4.5    5 years ago
If he was a Democrat the left could forgive any of his past, present, or future sins. Look no further than the Clintons if you don't believe that.

Prove it. Prove that a democrat can get away with birtherism, locking asylum-seekers in, and holding a presidential level military style parade. Go on, please. The fact is Bill Clinton did a lot for the sake of diversity and it mitigated a great many supposed shortcoming of the man, evenso Bill Clinton had limited credibility to flow out of him to Al Gore or Hillary Clinton, respectively.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
5  Dean Moriarty    5 years ago

Can they have a parade if we call them conscientious objectors instead? 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1  cjcold  replied to  Dean Moriarty @5    5 years ago

Burned my draft card publicly in the early 70s and have nothing but respect for Ali/Clay.

My best friend was drafted and didn't come back from Nam.

Canada is nice.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  cjcold @5.1    5 years ago
Burned my draft card publicly in the early 70s

[Removed]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  cjcold @5.1    5 years ago
Burned my draft card publicly in the early 70s and have nothing but respect for Ali/Clay

Would that make simple "Deferments" during Vietnam a good thing for folks too ?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.3  livefreeordie  replied to  cjcold @5.1    5 years ago

[Removed]

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.4  livefreeordie  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.3    5 years ago

Badfish, do you not understand how offensive to many Veterans it is that people burned their draft cards?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.4    5 years ago

Offensive to you maybe.  How is that you can speak for 'many Veterans'?

You need to speak for yourself, not others.  

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.6  livefreeordie  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.5    5 years ago

Because I know anecdotally from my manyfellow Veteran friends and Veteran organizations I belong to.

those of us who faithfully served in the 60s resented and were offended by the America hating draft card burners. I have zero respect for them

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.6    5 years ago

That's nice.

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.6    5 years ago

Removed for context - s

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1.10  cjcold  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.6    5 years ago

Many friends who went to Nam wished they had gone to Canada as well. Stupid war.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.11  livefreeordie  replied to  cjcold @5.1.10    5 years ago

All but two of my friends who went are still proud of it and they are Trump supporters

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.11    5 years ago

Me to although I do have several Veteran friends and family members who felt differently.    One uncle who got hit on Iwo never voted for a Republican in his life.    Of course he was from the republic of California.

Made for some great reunion fights with his brother in-laws.    Ahhhhh .... good times!!! 

Junior Participates
5.1.13  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.5    5 years ago
How is that you can speak for 'many Veterans'?

He's doing that constantly without any authority or fact. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.14  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.4    5 years ago

Hey, I proudly burned my draft card! Only difference is I burned mine in the barracks at the U.S. Navy Recruit Training Center in Orlando, Florida two weeks after I had already enlisted so I would not be drafted...jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Junior Participates
5.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Dean Moriarty @5    5 years ago

Being a CO is a valid claim and will be honored by the SSS if it can be verified.  Getting a note from a "doctor" that someone has "bone spurs" and therefore should not have to serve is simply high-grade draft dodging. 

Junior Participates
5.2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to    5 years ago

The difference is one of conscience (ergo, Conscientious Objection) and the other is pure Cowardice (capital C deliberate). 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.2    5 years ago

Had a close friend of mine who was a registered CO due to being a 7th Day Adventist. He enlisted in the Navy and became a Chaplain's Assistant and ultimately went to Vietnam and served with the Marines. Kevin voluntarily chose to accompany Marine units on patrol even though he was not expected to. On one particular patrol his platoon was ambushed by some NVA regulars just outside of Hue. Without hesitation he helped the Corpsman pull the wounded out of the line of fire while comforting the wounded, sustaining wounds himself in the process. When the Corpsman became seriously wounded, Kevin treated the wounded with direction from the Doc. By the time the NVA withdrew, with heavy casulties to the Marines, only then would Kevin allow his wounds to be treated. The whole time, he refused to pick up a weapon to defend himself. He was later awarded the Silver Star for his actions. I believe Kevin was one of the very few if not the only Navy Chaplain's Assistants to be so decorated in Vietnam. Kevin was the real deal and the perfect example of a unintentional hero. He never tried to preach to or convert others and served and lived his life by example. I was privileged to to be able to call him my friend. Sorry for rambling. Just wanted to provide a example that CO's covered a very wide spectrum. Kevin just wanted to serve his country without having to take anybody's life.

Professor Guide
6  author  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    5 years ago

Again, Dean Moriarty, you are off-topic. We are not discussing Muhammad Ali's decision to become a "Vietnam Objector" in the 1960s.

We are discussing this gross, publicity stunt demanded by the MOST CORRUPTED person to ever hold the Office of President of the United States of America to promote his re-election bid by misusing federal funds.

As I assume, you are a direct descendant of Sherlock Holmes's Arch-Enemy, The Evil, Sinister Moriarty of Donan Doyles's book, your crafty dodge is well worn.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
7  al Jizzerror    5 years ago

I'm a Dodgers fan.  I think the LA Dodgers should be honored with a parade after they win the World Series.

However, I find it disturbing that The Donald is hijacking the July 4th celebration.  Why did The Donald duck military service?  Why did he claim avoiding STD's was his Vietnam?  Why did Trump disparage John McCain who was a combat veteran (and a true hero)?  And why did Putin get Trump elected.  Did Putin really want to "make America great again"?  Of course not.  He knew a Trump presidency would divide America.

Only one other president (who was also a fucking criminal) highjacked the July 4th celebration.  Tickets to the event have been provided to Trump's contributors.  I suggest that Trump's event be boycotted.  I would hate to see protestors being attacked (like at Nixon's event).

I highly recommend (yeah, I'm high) that everyone watch the following video to learn about Nixon's "celebration":

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1  Sparty On  replied to  al Jizzerror @7    5 years ago
I think the LA Dodgers should be honored with a parade after they win the World Series.

And if they win the WS they will be.   In LA.

However, I find it disturbing that The Donald is hijacking the July 4th celebration.

He's not hijacking jackshit.

The National Independence day parade is an annual event.   The celebrations that day often involve fly overs and static displays of military equipment.

There really is nothing to see here .... move along now people .....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @7.1    5 years ago
The celebrations that day often involve fly overs and static displays of military equipment.

Since when?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.1    5 years ago
Since when?

Haven't you ever watched the simple "Fleet Week" going on's in San Francisco ?

You don't watch simple football or Nascar either....do you !

Fly over's of military jet's is a "Norm" in those places !

Military might is shown all over this country …. all the time.

Why is this "Independence Day" not worthy now ?

You did know that "Independance" from England....actually entailed a "War" with "people" involved..... didn't you ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @7.1.2    5 years ago
Why is this "Independence Day" not worthy ?

[deleted]

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
7.1.4  al Jizzerror  replied to  Sparty On @7.1    5 years ago
He's not hijacking jackshit.

You obviously didn't watch the video.

I won't bother explaining the history of the event to you since Maddow did such a masterful job.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.3    5 years ago

[deleted]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  al Jizzerror @7.1.4    5 years ago

3 year old AOC ?

cartoonish Pokemyhontas ?

Withering Bernie ?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  al Jizzerror @7.1.4    5 years ago

Poor Maddow .... grasping at straws .... still butthurt by her "i've got Trumps tax return" debacle.

Sad!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  It Is ME @7.1.5    5 years ago

[deleted]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.9  It Is ME  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.8    5 years ago

Removed for context

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
7.1.10  KDMichigan  replied to  al Jizzerror @7.1.4    5 years ago
I won't bother explaining the history of the event to you since Maddow did such a masterful job.

Why not? Can't find a meme for it?

You do Know there are literally millions of Memes, you don't have to keep posting the same ones.

I don't have the hour to spare to listen to Madcow slobber out a report that would take 5 minutes, I understand that there is simple minded people who view her show that think her childish type of journalism is entertaining.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.1.12  Greg Jones  replied to  KDMichigan @7.1.10    5 years ago

The resemblance is amazing!

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
7.1.13  al Jizzerror  replied to  KDMichigan @7.1.10    5 years ago
You do Know there are literally millions of Memes, you don't have to keep posting the same ones.

I've posted this one 367,219 times over the last ten years:

[Removed]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1.14  Ronin2  replied to  KDMichigan @7.1.10    5 years ago

Thank you for the laugh this morning.

Greg is right, the resemblance is amazing.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.15  CB  replied to  KDMichigan @7.1.10    5 years ago

I would suggest this is about third grade level internet behavior, but I could be doing third graders a disservice. Since I am sure parents tell their third graders to be 'bigger' people. Shame on us!

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
7.1.16  Don Overton  replied to  Sparty On @7.1    5 years ago

You just don't want truth out there where everyone can see trump as he is a draft dodging ass hole

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.1.17  cjcold  replied to  KDMichigan @7.1.10    5 years ago

[Removed

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

As an outsider with no skin in the game - July 4th is not anything that Canadians celebrate - I'm curious to know why something that has always been done in the USA for so many years, being no different this year than for decades past, is THIS particular celebration for the purpose of promoting your POTUS when it never was and surely is not being done any differently than for years past?  

To me, the very accusation made by this seed is nothing more than a desperate attempt by losers to try to dirty what has been celebrated, enjoyed and appreciated by Americans for many years.

Can anyone satisfy my curiosity? 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    5 years ago
being no different this year than for decades past, is THIS particular celebration for the purpose of promoting your POTUS when it never was and surely is not being done any differently than for years past?

I think what you may not be understanding is that the past years July 4th has never included what Trump has planned for this July 4th. You claim this year "being no different" yet there was no big parade with the President giving a speech on the National Mall with tanks standing by and air force flying over head last year even when Trump was President. Last year Trump tweeted "Getting ready to celebrate the 4th of July with a big crowd at the White House. Happy 4th to everyone. Our country will grow and prosper!”, and as is traditional, they had fireworks over the national mall. In 2016 Obama had a barbecue at the Whitehouse.

So the issue is that we've never had anything like this for July 4th and even for the last two July 4th's with Trump as President they were no different than prior years, but this year, which happens to coincide with Trumps re-election campaign, he wants to put on a big show, have a big military parade with tanks and planes and then address the nation on an exclusive platform just before an upcoming election season. And what are the odds that Trump uses this opportunity to proclaim the media, Democrats and anyone not planning on voting for him "the enemy of the people"? I think the odds are very high this will be one of the most divisive speeches ever delivered by a President on July 4th. Most refrain from giving speeches at all, and they especially avoid it during an election season, but not the narcissist Trump who will grasp at any opportunity to blow his own horn.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1    5 years ago

Forgive me if sometimes I take the position of being a Devil's advocate (I'm sure you'll agree I'm using the right nomenclature there), but I wonder if a barbecue on the White House lawn was a "new concept", and if so did the Republicans try to make a big thing about it like the Democrats are doing about a "new concept" this year.  Who instituted pardoning a turkey at Thanksgiving?  Was that an attempt to get votes? - and in fact maybe it was.  What about putting a big Christmas tree in the White House rotunda?  When did they start using big floating balloons at Macy's Christmas parade? Damn them for doing something new and better. 

There is an adage - "The only constant is change."  Maybe Trump WILL take advantage of the celebration to promote his re-election.  So what?  Are you saying he's NOT ENTITLED to do it?  If you want to see what a REAL military parade is, you should see what they did here in China, and Xi Jinping sure as hell was VERY visible and took full advantage of it - it's not an uncommon concept. 

Perhaps it's only a conservative concept to take advantage of opportunities.  I thought America was the land of opportunity.  What do you prefer - a land of opportunity or a welfare state?  Perhaps there are a lot of people there who prefer stagnation.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.1    5 years ago

Buzz, what are you doing? You already do enough to promote Trump. He will give you a day off. 

He is redesigning the nations official 4th of July celebration. That is what he is doing. 

Would you trust a megalomaniac malignant narcissist to do that for Canada? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.1    5 years ago

Your sanity and wise words will be greatly under-appreciated here, I am sure.

It is ONLY because it is Trump, no other reason AT ALL.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.2    5 years ago

I'm not defending Trump, I'm defending the right to innovate, change and make things more interesting and better.  

If Trudeau wanted to have a military parade in Ottawa on Canada Day, notwithstanding it may never have been done before, I would enjoy seeing it, and notwithstanding that I hope he is defeated by the Conservative Party later this year, I would NOT fault him for doing it - I would credit him for having the ability to innovate. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.1    5 years ago
If you want to see what a REAL military parade is, you should see what they did here in China, and Xi Jinping sure as hell was VERY visible and took full advantage of it - it's not an uncommon concept.

That's what trmp wants

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1    5 years ago

I think there's a parade in DC every year (not sure how big) because my daughter marched with her high school band back when she was a sophomore. She didn't get to meet the Obamas, but they did get to go to the White House to watch fireworks, if I remember correctly

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.1.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.1    5 years ago
Damn them for doing something new and better

First, having a huge military parade, soldiers marching in lock-step, tanks on display with military aircraft flying overhead isn't new. I'd think you would be the first to recognize that living in China as you are. And having the apparent authoritarian dictator address the nation during such events, also not new. We see lots of authoritarian governments engage in such displays. This has nothing to do with "new". It has everything to do with this President moving us ever closer to the authoritarian governments he admires so much.

“(Kim Jong Un) speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same,” - Donald J Trump

And not only that, but he's doing it at the start of an election year to rile up his voter base, spending American tax payer dollars on what will inevitably be a GOP campaign event.

Perhaps it's only a conservative concept to take advantage of opportunities.

Perhaps it's only a conservative concept to believe no matter the method, the ends always justify the means. It was a concept firmly believed in by many in Germany in the 1930's which is why they also elected a populist leader who blamed minorities for all of the German peoples problems, and once elected started a massive campaign to "Make Germany Great Again" and trying to instill national pride with big shows of military force, military parades, tanks on display and big nationally broadcast speeches.

I thought America was the land of opportunity.  What do you prefer - a land of opportunity or a welfare state?  Perhaps there are a lot of people there who prefer stagnation

Sorry Buzz, but this statement isn't just "playing devils advocate", it's pure lunacy. Drawing a comparison between a military parade with tanks in the street and military jet fly overs with our desire to be a land of opportunity simply makes no sense. We are not "stagnant" by rejecting this kind of authoritarian display. In fact, I believe most reasonable persons would argue that moving away from the same old stagnant tactics of dictators and authoritarians that have been used to bolster their dictators power throughout the last century is moving towards true freedom and opportunity. Going back to these kinds of metaphorical dick measuring events and then having to listen to a bloviating blowhard disrespect half our nation, as I'm sure he will do, is not how I will spend my 4th. I may see the disgusting display in highlights, but I certainly will not be tuning in to this upcoming farce.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.7    5 years ago

And we're not "his" people. He's supposed to be "our" president. We are the boss of him not the other way around

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.7    5 years ago

Viewing this whole conflict from afar, all I can say now is how sorry I am to see the partisan divide so having widened since I was last in the USA to such an extent that it makes the Grand Canyon appear puny. If it were geographical, and not neighbour next to neighbour, I would think a civil war would be expected.  What a shame.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.1.10  livefreeordie  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.8    5 years ago

And he's doing what those of us who support him want him to do.

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.1.11  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.1    5 years ago
Maybe Trump WILL take advantage of the celebration to promote his re-election. So what? Are you saying he's NOT ENTITLED to do it?

We have laws about campaign expenditures Buzz. Trump may NOT use funds from the Interior Dept. [the Agency responsible for the 4th of July celebration] funds for his campaign. 

So NO, Trump is NOT ENTITLED to do it...

Your statement of what China does is the antithesis of what our country stands for. You are acknowledging that Trump is taking us there. 

What do you prefer - a land of opportunity or a welfare state?

Wow, thanks for the false equivalency Buzz. 

Perhaps there are a lot of people there who prefer stagnation.

Perhaps we Americans prefer our time honored apolitical 4th of July celebration in our National Capitol. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @8.1.11    5 years ago

"apolitical"?  LOL.  Seems to be that almost the only thing that anyone is interested in these days is political, and if it isn't attempts are made to make it so.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.1.13  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.9    5 years ago
how sorry I am to see the partisan divide so having widened since I was last in the USA to such an extent that it makes the Grand Canyon appear puny

I am very sorry as well. Less than two decades ago we all came together as one nation after being collectively attacked. We stood up against religious extremism, we defended Americans no matter their race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith or lack thereof, we were all one United to fight the terrorists who attacked us. How quickly that unity fled after some chose to use that cohesiveness and righteous indignation at being attacked to get us endlessly mired in middle east conflicts.

And with the election of Barack Obama many felt we had a glimmer of hope of making some real headway in regards to racial equality in America. Sadly, it was just the catalyst for the rusted racist underbelly of America to rise up in bigoted rage at having a black man represent them as their President. They foamed at the mouth that he wasn't born here, they screamed about him being some sort of secret Muslim or that he was going to round up religious conservatives into FEMA camps and confiscate all their guns, none of which ever happened of course and was just total invented bullshit scare tactics used by slimy GOP operatives to keep their poorly educated base under their control.

But since then the divide has only continued to widen, with those bitter and angry over the Obama Presidency even though he cut unemployment by 8 percentage points, cut the deficit by 60%, cut veteran homelessness by 50%, increased VA funding by 70%, oversaw the stock market recovery from its worst collapse in 70 years to record highs before leaving office. Did he walk on water, cure cancer and eliminate all bitter feelings of prejudice and racism while President? Of course not, but that's apparently what some bigots claim he was supposed to do and anything less was a failure. How can anyone reason with such persons? It's no wonder there is a divide, especially since we have a religious conservative culture that frequently ridicules higher education but considers anyone ridiculing the many rural religious conservatives lack of education "elitist".

I would have thought that when the Russian government deployed active measures and attacked our nation during the 2016 Presidential election in an effort to manipulate the results in their favor, we would have come together as a nation as we did after we were attacked on 9/11. Sadly, that has not been the case. Instead we saw polls showing 40% of Republicans viewing Putin and Russia as a "friend and ally". I find it hard to reconcile with those I consider traitors to our nation who not only refuse to be outraged by such an attack on our election but apparently welcome it with open arms. I believe Trump and those who continue to support him meet the definition in article 3 section 3 of the constitution, "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort".

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.15  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.13    5 years ago

I guess we'll all know in 2020 whether the divide will deepen and widen, and by that time most likely polarize even more than it has today, or not.  I think reconciliation is blowing in the wind.  Pity.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.1.16  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.15    5 years ago
I think reconciliation is blowing in the wind.  Pity

As is evidenced here regularly, there are many religious conservatives in America who believe minorities and lgtbq Americans aren't entitled to the same protections as other law abiding tax paying citizen while simultaneously believing an enemy foreign government bent on the destruction of western democracy is their "friend and ally". I fail to see how to reconcile with those who continue to attempt to legislate morality, continue to inject their faith into secular laws, continue to cry over some fantasy "white culture" being undermined and take sides with the Russian government that attacked our elections simply because it just so happened this time to be in their favor.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.17  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.16    5 years ago

It was not my intention to give you a podium.  Maybe someone from the other side of the divide will step in to debate. 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.18  Don Overton  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.10    5 years ago

Usually ignorant people do support the ignorant

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.1.19  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.12    5 years ago
"apolitical"?  LOL.  Seems to be that almost the only thing that anyone is interested in these days is political, and if it isn't attempts are made to make it so.

Which is exactly what Trump is doing to OUR 4th of July celebration. 

I'm not surprised. Trump contained himself for 2 years but he just can't seem to pass up this opportunity to put a spotlight on himself at a most inappropriate time. 

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.20  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.13    5 years ago

This is truly well written and deserves to be read and considered by all .

That some conservatives here will never admit to the truths expressed in it speaks to their deficiency. Their desire to steamroll others. There intent to take what belongs to another and return us to a time and place, where people live without diversity of life and spirit.

Well, DP. I am going to go with you. I am going to 'fight the power' du jour.

As for the Democratic Party, it is time to realize that playing nice won't cut it or get the job done of ousting this lying, cheating, hateful president. Democratic candidates and voters need to focus with precision on the prizes of the House, Senate, and Presidency.  We must win the popular vote and the Electoral College, both.

Trump and his "Donalds" are already planning to cheap themselves back into power in 2020 through hook or crook!

Happy Independence Day, Newstalkers!  Time to stand up and make a rea; difference and shame and destroy liars, cheats, and crooks in the political sphere.

Going forward, I promise to tear liars a 'new one' right where he or she stands!

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.21  CB  replied to  XDm9mm @8.1.14    5 years ago

All attack and no cattle. The Obama Administration fixed the broken US economy and ended its great recession, bar none. You can blow smoke up yours all you wish, but shame on independents and anybody else who does not have enough grace in them to process what happened to this nation and/or what could have happened to us when the whole world's economic systems faltered and were hanging by their collective 'necks.' A democrat leader came along, cut the rope strangling this nation and the world, and let us all fall into a much better positions than the pits under us!

Liars, cheats, and crooks shall not win over facts and truth! We will see that it is not so!

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.22  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.15    5 years ago

It is a pity, because conservatives are splitting from themselves over Donald Trump who is trying to steam-roll a country of 300 plus million people! Trump dismisses anybody, be he or she a conservative, a Trump official, or court, who disagrees or disapproves of his methods and tactics. The man is a study in what not to do in mixed company. He is lying willfully and daily to the nation's face and that takes a lot of balls to do. As we have some really intelligent people in this country. People who do not take lying lightly or find it acceptable.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.23  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.16    5 years ago

What is sad and stupid is watching some republicans and conservatives "reap the whirlwind" of standing outside looking in at their old party. Trump drove them out, turned down their platform stage lights, and bad-mouthed them as the dearly departed.  Even today, another partisan republican Justin Amash has become 'dearly departed' even as Trump spits on his party 'grave.' 

I bet you Amash wish that he had not given Trump an opening to "a-squash" his career. I don't pity Amash. I don't pity him one bit. He and his fellow republican unleashed this 'hound of hell' on their friends and frenemies alike. If Trump takes down the whole republican and conservative movement it would be just desserts, in my opinion.

Liars, cheaters, and crooks should never win for long!

4 July celebrations to you and yours!

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.24  Don Overton  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.10    5 years ago

[Trolling

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.1.25  livefreeordie  replied to  CB @8.1.20    5 years ago

We are ready for this war. We will not surrender our nation to the Marxist Statist Democrats without an all out fight. Most of my friends agree that the continued existence of this nation is at stake.

we have more armament than many countries and millions of us have already the experience of putting our lives on the line in defense of liberty.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.26  CB  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.25    5 years ago
We are ready for this war.

Thanks "Pastor." Your words are uplifting. /Sarcasm.

When you are done 'making war' on your fellow countrymen and women, perhaps God will forgive you for your crime of insurrection. Hopefully, the state will not. May God cause nature to make your guns misfire and your 'powder' corrupt.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.27  CB  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.25    5 years ago
We have more armament than many countries and millions of us have already the experience of putting our lives on the line in defense of liberty.

And you can stop with the delusional line about liberty. That is just a wretched line for speaking with a forked tongue and taking away the rights and privileges belonging to others. You have exposed a true agenda. Insurrection.

What I truly hope is that you are found out in real-time before you can harm the hairs on a single head of another person.

In fact, I pray to God for the exposure of all insurrectionists to the authorities. From now on you are not more than an insurrectionist to me. Someone willing to kill to get his or her way with others.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.28  CB  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.25    5 years ago
We will not surrender our nation to the Marxist Statist Democrats without an all out fight.

This is not YOUR nation. That is your first mistake, Insurrectionist.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
8.1.29  cjcold  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.4    5 years ago

Trudeau wouldn't have done anything like Trump is doing.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.30  CB  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.25    5 years ago
We are ready for this war. We will not surrender our nation to the Marxist Statist Democrats without an all out fight. Most of my friends agree that the continued existence of this nation is at stake. we have more armament than many countries. . . .

We who?

This is a prime reason why our second amendment needs modification. We have yahoos hording weapons and threatening to take over the country in the 21st century! 

Now Independent voters - what do you think of that? Do you see what plans are out there when you trust people with forked tongues? Have you ever heard liberals talk about insurrection and gun stockpiles?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8.1.31  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  CB @8.1.28    5 years ago
This is not YOUR nation.

yes it is...  we realize there are other co-owners who want to shit-hole our country - but our will is stronger than theirs by far.

we did not ask anyone... we took our country back over the objection of others and we will keep it regardless of further objections from marxists/ socialists/ progressive/communists. we will simply ignore them all.

the lefts best days are over. no comeback is currently scheduled.

cheers :)

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.32  CB  replied to  CB @8.1.28    5 years ago

Folks and Independent voters (those in the middle) in a comment @8.1.25 LFOD just spelled out that should the majority of voters and the electoral college ever go in a direction 'he and his millions of implied fighters' are prepared to go to war.

How does that strike you? How is that liberty and not oppression on those who would have their legal choice stripped away? How would you feel serving under a type of conservatism forced upon you and your future?

We have to address this one. It is serious.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.33  Don Overton  replied to  Don Overton @8.1.24    5 years ago

[Deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.34  CB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @8.1.31    5 years ago

Somebody has lost his or her ever-loving mind. That's all I got for ya.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8.1.35  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  CB @8.1.32    5 years ago
just spelled out that should the majority of voters and the electoral college ever go in a direction 'he and his millions of implied fighters' are prepared to go to war.  How does that strike you?

as an incomplete sentence...

should the majority of voters and the electoral college ever go in a direction

what direction? don't they always go in a direction??

PS... the majority of voters does not even matter. this is not a democracy. 

the electoral college rules all.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8.1.36  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  CB @8.1.34    5 years ago
Somebody has lost his or her ever-loving mind.

somebody?   ya mean the entire lunatic left.

but it's cool... they got nothing left but stale hot air.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.37  CB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @8.1.35    5 years ago

LFOD just spelled out that should the majority of voters and the electoral college ever go in a direction he and his cadre adamantly disapprove of, 'he and his millions of implied fighters' are prepared to go to war with liberals and opposers. How does that strike you?

Yeah, I made one of my "boo-boos" while typing again. Better now? (Smile.)

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.38  CB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @8.1.36    5 years ago
we did not ask anyone... we took our country back over the objection of others and we will keep it regardless of further objections from marxists/ socialists/ progressive/communists. we will simply ignore them all. the lefts best days are over. no comeback is currently scheduled.

Actually, what I meant is those folks here who think this country of native Indians and immigrants from all over the world are going to cede this land to bands and groups of Oppressors, they are out of their ever-loving minds.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8.1.39  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  CB @8.1.38    5 years ago
what I meant is those folks here who think this country of native Indians and immigrants from all over the world are going to cede this land to bands and groups of Oppressors, they are out of their ever-loving minds.

I agree... the marxist left has no chance.

our culture of liberty and security is safe from the likes of today's lunatic left.

people are leaving the democrat party for that exact reason.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8.1.40  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  CB @8.1.32    5 years ago
just spelled out that should the majority of voters and the electoral college ever go in a direction 'he and his millions of implied fighters' are prepared to go to war.

first... in a presidential election, the national majority of voters does not matter even a little bit.

second... if today's marxist left ever gets a firm hold on our federal govt a civil war is the only cure. so yepp, you can count on that.   we the people "state govts" have a reset button and will use it if need be.

there is no longer a future in this country for marxists/ progressive bs. this might be hard for some to believe but give it time...  socialists, open border advocates, and the like are not patriots and will never be viewed as such.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.41  CB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @8.1.40    5 years ago

Independent voters, democrats, and some republicans and conservatives even are you reading this?! Here we have a spokesman to a clear and present danger!

Folks! There you have it straightforward from someone "knighted" and clearly of the Right:

1. This unnamed mass as twice attempted to correct me that vote majorities do not carry election wins. Implying only the Electoral College is of imminent and practical importance.  (So Democrats and Independents you need to mark that down! Really.)
  2. This "knight" is making clear that should the Electoral College fail to cede to the Right and its plans for the country - civil war is the remedy.
  3. Independent voters are you assessing this?

How many on the Right on Newstalkers agree with this knight? Step up and own your position or condemn this knight where he or she makes this stand.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8.1.42  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  CB @8.1.41    5 years ago
that vote majorities do not carry election wins.

I said the national majority does not matter in a presidential election. this is FACT.

that should the Electoral College fail to cede to the Right and its plans for the country - civil war is the remedy.

never said that, You did. I said if todays marxists ever hijack our federal govt.

not only do I mean every word I wrote... id swear to it in court.

I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

if our federal govt goes off the rails we will replace it.. simple.

"The Security of a Free State" - look it up.

Independent voters are you assessing this?

independent voters are not progressives, socialists or marxist pricks... and they never will be.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    5 years ago

Simple answer is because it is Trump.

No other reason ever necessary.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
8.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    5 years ago
Can anyone satisfy my curiosity?

Trump wanted to have a parade for himself last February.  He was in France for Bastille Day and saw tens of thousands of military personnel saluting President Macron, a vast showing of military hardware, air shows and fly-overs, etc, and Trump was frothing at the mouth thinking of himself being celebrated in such a manner.  He tweeted about it for days, but someone was able to talk him out of it.  For a president that has made every damn thing about himself, this takes the freaking cake. 

being no different this year than for decades past,

I beg to differ.  Trump is giving a 20 minute speech. He has also given tickets to several thousand supporters, mostly big money donors and important politicos, who will be sitting in a grandstand behind him similar to his political rallies.  I guarantee that his speech will be no different than his rally speeches with his poor little me thing, it's the Dem's fault, lock her up, sleepy creepy Joe, Bob Mueller has issues, witch hunts, she's not my type, I have the best hair, words, clothes, homes, military, ideas, blablablabla….  

July 4th should be a celebration for everyone.  Now Trump wants to put his 'brand' on that, too?   

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.3    5 years ago
"July 4th should be a celebration for everyone."

July 4th will no longer be a celebration for everyone?   You mean that my son who lives in Milwuakee is not going to be able to set off fireworks in front of his home for his American-born kids to enjoy?  Is Trump preventing him from doing that?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.3    5 years ago

And to add insult to injury, he's giving his speech at the Lincoln Memorial!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.3.2    5 years ago

65656543_10157014126238935_7878641102444560384_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQlfZyuDQz2VScZY0ZMPQwdSTjpdmCCouze_MXklWgvuvvICk_gbfKep2bDGlfpHWvo&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=221d0048f723e06d0f407727240eafd6&oe=5D7DA8EA

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.3.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.3.2    5 years ago
And to add insult to injury, he's giving his speech at the Lincoln Memorial!

If Lincoln were alive today I have no doubt he would look down into lying Donald's sweaty orange face and tell that disgusting carpetbagger to get the hell out of his bedroom and the rest of the White House.

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.3.5  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.1    5 years ago

For someone who lives in China, you seem to be having a problem understanding our culture's tradition, and etiquette. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @8.3.5    5 years ago

Well, I was born in and lived most of my life in Canada, within 100 miles of Buffalo, and I really don't think the culture or "etiquette" there is that different from the USA, besides what I've posted before about travelling throughout America from Hawaii and California to Massachusetts and Florida (where, by the way, I owned with my brother and spent a fair amount of time at a golf condominium), besides attending many music and folklore festivals in the USA, vacationing there, and attending meetings in many cities there as an officer of an international children's charity.  What aspect of American culture and "etiquette" do you feel I lack?  Granted I don't call your POTUS a "turd" and I very rarely earn CoC points on NT since I don't believe in insulting fellow NT members, so maybe you don't think I'm NASTY enough to compare with you Americans.

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.3.8  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.7    5 years ago
What aspect of American culture and "etiquette" do you feel I lack?

I didn't say YOU lacked anything other than an UNDERSTANDING of the etiquette and tradition of our Capitol 4th of July celebration Buzz.

Your comments prove that point by deflecting from our OFFICIAL 4th of July celebration in the Capitol to your son's front yard fireworks display. 

Your son gets to make an ass out of himself in his front yard any time he wants. He doesn't represent anyone but himself, and he's not using anyone's money but his own. He's not forcing anyone to physically participate in his celebration either. 

Whatever your son does in his front yard with his American born kids on the 4th of July is his choice.

The celebration of the anniversary of our Declaration of Independence started in 1777 spontaneously, through the people and became a tradition that grew across the country.

It wasn't until almost 100 years later that it became a national holiday that we celebrate as a body. So now, what is done on the NATIONAL MALL, in our nation's Capitol on the 4th of July should be based on the etiquette and tradition that Americans have come to expect over the history of our nation, NOT on the partisan political self interest of the current occupant of the WH. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.9  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.7    5 years ago

Buzz understand one thing.    

The people who are having a problem with this are on the extreme left and they are not a majority.    They’ll say they aren’t extreme and are a majority but make no mistake.   they are extreme and are not a majority.

If Bill Clinton or Obama did something like this you wouldn’t be hearing jackshit about it from these same people.

This is 100% political and nearly 100% red ass because Trump beat their anointed one.    You want some good reading?    Try to read up on the “resist movement”.   I know it’s tough in China but try to find it if you can.   They’ve gone more or less underground lately but right after Trump won there was a plethora of talk about what they planned on resisting and how.    This is right in their wheelhouse.

You know the old saying.    The best trick the devil ever pulled was to convince people he didn’t exist.  😉

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.9    5 years ago

Seems to me that some of them are populating this web site.  2020 will determine their effectiveness.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @8.3.8    5 years ago

My mistake. I should have said "lack of understanding" rather than just "lack".  You used general terms "our culture's tradition and etiquette" with no reference to your 4th of July mall celebration.  I "understand" what a knife and fork are used for.  Perhaps you should have been a little more specific in order not to mislead.  You did not refer to your celebration on the mall.  But you found your ability to be specific in order to insult my family, didn't you. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.3.13  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.12    5 years ago
You used general terms "our culture's tradition and etiquette" with no reference to your 4th of July mall celebration. I "understand" what a knife and fork are used for. Perhaps you should have been a little more specific in order not to mislead. You did not refer to your celebration on the mall. 

Yes, I used those general terms in reply to your comment about our 4th of July celebration, nothing misleading about it. 

But you found your ability to be specific in order to insult my family, didn't you.

Oh come on Buzz. That's bullshit. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.3.14  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.10    5 years ago

Many of them are a direct link to that other site that started with the letter N.    

You know,  the one that went buh bye, largely because many of them made it such a poo flinging contest..

The had to go somewhere I guess

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.15  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @8.3.13    5 years ago

When I was 16, I had a girl friend who lived in Manhattan that I had met in Florida. She bought me a book called "Understanding the Americans".  I don't recall its contents now, so it might have had information about your "culture's tradition and etiquette" concerning the July 4th Capital Mall celebration, because after all, that's information that every foreigner must know.

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.3.16  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.15    5 years ago

If it would have informed you better than your 8.3.1 illustrates, perhaps you should review that book. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.17  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @8.3.16    5 years ago

I gave it to my son when he moved to the USA, but if you'd like to send me a copy to "educate" me you can send it to Perrie who has my address.

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.3.18  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.14    5 years ago

Seems to me I remember you frequenting that site too...

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.3.19  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.17    5 years ago

It's under $10 on Amazon kindle. Unfortunately, it was written before 2009 so it's hardly a barometer for 'Understanding the Americans' today...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.20  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @8.3.19    5 years ago

The issue I read back in the 1950s was at a time when Americans got along with each other and there wasn't the hateful divisive rhetoric of today, except maybe what the McCarthy hearings brought about.  These days two separate books would have to be published to adequately cover the subject.

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.3.21  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.20    5 years ago
The issue I read back in the 1950s was at a time when Americans got along with each other and there wasn't the hateful divisive rhetoric of today, except maybe what the McCarthy hearings brought about. 

You're going to have to be more specific about the name of the book because 'Understanding the Americans' was first published in 2009. 

BTW, there was a shit load of 'hateful divisive rhetoric' in the 1950's in America. Saying 'except McCarty' is like saying 'except for the Revolution'. 

These days two separate books would have to be published to adequately cover the subject.

Do you have a link to that book. I love history and as a bibliophile, I'll put it on my ever lengthening list. I only have 9 books on my night stand stack waiting for me right now... 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.22  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @8.3.21    5 years ago

You read books?  Are you a member and contributor to the "Books" group here?

By the way...

understanding-the-americans /oclc/4620736

CB
Professor Principal
8.3.23  CB  replied to  Sparty On @8.3.9    5 years ago

Okay. I did an internet search for "100 percent red ass" and a bunch of porn sites populated. So what is up with that, SO?

Of course we, liberals and moderates and some republicans-conservatives too, are going to resist a lying, cheating, crooks who is attempting to warp our understanding of the world and how to better it, as well as take away our hard won rights and privileges. No matter what side of the line he or she resides!

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.3.24  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.22    5 years ago
You read books?

Every day since I was 14. 

Are you a member and contributor to the "Books" group here?

Nope. Never heard of it...

Dulay
Professor Expert
8.3.25  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.22    5 years ago

Well then it' pretty fucking clear that a book from 1954 doesn't have shit to say about  'Understanding the Americans' of today...

cjcold
Professor Quiet
8.3.26  cjcold  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.7    5 years ago

That was pretty nasty. Almost a CoC violation. Trashing Americans on the 4th isn't a good idea.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.27  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  cjcold @8.3.26    5 years ago

You guys trash each other all the time, even daily on this site. I guess you feel foreigners aren't allowed to join in your game. Do you have a problem with xenophobia?

"ALMOST" a CoC violation"?  jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.28  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @8.3.25    5 years ago

I admit I've not been in the USA for the last 12 years, and the only Americans I've met here (the most recent being at the Thanksgiving banquet I was at last November) all seem to take the expression "Love it or leave it" seriously. 

JBB
Professor Principal
8.4  JBB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    5 years ago

Because Trump is throwing himself a great big, YUGE, gazillion dollar soviet style military parade in our nation's capital city with tanks and missiles which will cause lots of damage to roads, bridges and historic monuments while also causing horrendous disruptions for the city and which no American President has ever done before. So, considering Trump never even served in our military himself that is extraordinarily...

CB
Professor Principal
8.6  CB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    5 years ago
To me, the very accusation made by this seed is nothing more than a desperate attempt by losers to try to dirty what has been celebrated, enjoyed and appreciated by Americans for many years.

Buzz, "losers"? Did you really state that you have no skin in the game and then slap somebody with a gauntlet? (Smile.)

What concerns some of us is a question: Could this be a case of fraud, waste, and abuse. Also, presidential excesses. Additionally, should it succeed in setting a new precedent for a leader while in office. Lastly, Is it cost prohibitive?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  JohnRussell    5 years ago

What was wrong with the 4th of July celebration they've had on the National Mall for the past 30 or 40 years?  Everyone seemed to enjoy it and it was shown to the nation on PBS every year. 

What happened? Trump's ego happened. He was in France for their independence day ceremonies a couple years ago and decided he wanted him some 'merican tanks parked on the Lincoln Memorial plaza while he speechified about great he has made America great again.  Then , no matter what happens, Trump will announce that this was the greatest 4th of July celebration in the history of 4th of July celebrations, including the one in 1776. ( Their military in 1776 was preoccupied fighting off the redcoats so this years will be so much more impressive.)  Plus Trump will be there to remind us how he brought respect back to Washington DC (nose grows 4 ft per second). 

Was there a demand for a new and improved 4th of July after these 243 years? I didnt hear any. This is nothing but Donald Trump celebrating himself. 

Some of us saw through that years ago. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @9    5 years ago
"What was wrong with the 4th of July celebration they've had on the National Mall for the past 30 or 40 years?"

What was wrong with silent movies?

What was wrong with telephones having to be plugged in?

What was wrong with the abacus?

What was wrong with kerosene lanterns?

What was wrong with radio with no picture?

What was wrong with horse-drawn carriages?

What was wrong with film cameras?

What was wrong with paper ballots?

What was wrong with brooms and mops instead of vacuum cleaners?

What was wrong with quills and ink pens?

This list could go on for pages.....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.1    5 years ago

Now Trump is a ground breaking inventor in your eyes?  Most people just think he is an unethical clown. 

You have an extremely high opinion of the pos.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.1    5 years ago

As you well know, the only thing about Trump that I appreciate is his support of Israel - seems he is the only POTUS who had the guts to do what is right, what has been promised with promises never kept by previous POTUS'.

As for groundbreaking - yes I appreciate groundbreakers.  Without there being groundbreakers we would all be wearing animal skins and trying to start fires by banging rocks together. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.1.2    5 years ago
As you well know, the only thing about Trump that I appreciate is his support of Israel - seems he is the only POTUS who had the guts to do what is right, what has been promised with promises never kept by previous POTUS'.

And many hated Trump for moving our embassy to Jerusalem, even though it should have been done years ago.

I don't know of another country we have diplomatic relations with that we DIDN'T have an embassy in their capital.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.1.2    5 years ago

All someone has to do to get your approval is be for Israel.  At least you are honest about it. Nonetheless, you never show anything but an uninformed one track mind about the issue of Trump, which compels you to reject out of hand any negative information about him. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.4    5 years ago
All someone has to do to get your approval is be for Israel. At least you are honest about it. Nonetheless, you never show anything but an uninformed one track mind about the issue of Trump, which compels you to reject out of hand any negative information about him.

A one-track mind regarding Trump?

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.4    5 years ago

You really are unbelievable.  When it comes to Trump, anyone who thinks contrary to you is considered by you to be either ignorant or a traitor.  How many times have I said that the only thing about Trump that I approve of is that he is more supportive of Israel than any POTUS before him (except perhaps Truman), and how many times I have told you that I disagree with his Trade wars because they cost me money, and I disapprove of how he bullied my Prime Minister (even if I would have been a lot happier if Harper had beaten him) and I think he is foolish to trust Kim and I really don't give a shit about anything else about Trump because it means nothing to me - and in your dreams you interpret that as meaning I love Trump.  He is not my President and I'm glad he isn't.  Once and for all, IMO he is not the best example to the international community the USA could have as a POTUS or the most deserving of respect, but I really don't give a damn.  SO STOP ACCUSING ME OF BEING A TRUMP SUPPORTER, BECAUSE I AM NOT.

You say over and over again:

"Nonetheless, you never show anything but an uninformed one track mind about the issue of Trump, which compels you to reject out of hand any negative information about him."  

Let me repeat, as I have done many times already:

I disagree with his Trade wars because they cost me money, and I disapprove of how he bullied my Prime Minister, and I think he is foolish to trust Kim.

If anyone on this site has a one-track mind about Trump, it's you John, so you have a lot of nerve criticizing others for your own behaviour.

So if you post just one more time that I never say anything negative about Trump you are no longer on my friend list or welcome on anything I do here on NT.  Got it yet?

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
9.1.7  dave-2693993  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.1.6    5 years ago

Buzz,  Buzz, Buzz, the 3 munchkins know their Goebbels based training.

Don't waste your breath., You will say X, they will twist it to Y.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.1    5 years ago

Here is an indication of the depth of love for and support of this man, our President.  It will move grown men to tears.  We will Keep America Great!  Trump 2020! https://youtu.be/rqAqkjE0IbY

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.9  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.8    5 years ago

For a good 'deed' no one faults President Donald Trump. "Right to Try" may turn out to be good for the United States and the world. Now, what do we do will all these other 'situationals' and daily lyings and staff "mop-ups"?

I repeat for a good deed I will not fault President Donald Trump. I will give Trump credit where it is due. If this woman truly believes Trump moved a medical obstacle that allowed her life to be saved. Good on President Donald J. Trump.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
9.1.10  cjcold  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.1.2    5 years ago

Have always tried not to be a "one issue" voter. Pretty sure you can't say the same.

I love banging rocks together to start a campfire (it impresses the ladies).

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.11  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  cjcold @9.1.10    5 years ago

Ever try rubbing wood together like Tom Hanks did in Cast Away - Oh, forgive me, movies are ONE of my MANY interests....

LOL - Look who's calling me a one-trick pony...LOL

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @9    5 years ago
(nose grows 4 ft per second). 

And as his nose grows, his dick gets smaller (deceleration at 6 ft/sec)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10  Texan1211    5 years ago
What was wrong with the 4th of July celebration they've had on the National Mall for the past 30 or 40 years?

Gee, what was wrong with Trump winning the electoral college like every President does?

You sure didn't seem to mind bucking tradition then, did you?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @10    5 years ago

Huh?  Make some sense. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1    5 years ago

Come on, John.

You are mad Trump is making some changes in a tradition.

And yet, you want to throw tradition out the window when it comes to the electoral college.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1.1    5 years ago

But that’s different....

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
10.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @10    5 years ago
what was wrong with Trump winning the electoral college like every President does?

Well, traditionally the President wins both the popular vote and the electoral college. There are only four times in our history that this was not the case, so claiming it was "like every President" is disingenuous at best. Technically one could claim it was 5 times if you count the 1824 election where no one got the 131 electoral votes needed and congress decided the winner.

Trump using the 4th as a campaign rally would not only be distasteful and break with tradition, it would set a dangerous precedent for the future, and those who seem oblivious to this better wake up before they find themselves on the wrong end of this newly minted precedent.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12  Jeremy Retired in NC    5 years ago

Who is the draft dodger?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @12    5 years ago
Who is the draft dodger?

Draft: noun - compulsory recruitment for military service.

Dodge: noun - a sudden quick movement to avoid someone or something.

Draft dodger: noun - a person who has avoided compulsory military service.

Donald J. Trump: noun - a person born with a silver spoon in his mouth who received 5 deferments to avoid compulsory military service, the last of which may have been purchased with favors by his father.

Regardless of why or how Donald avoided service, he did in fact dodge the draft, whether by legal or illicit means. Now he is trying to misappropriate the largest secular national holiday to use as a campaign event spending millions of tax payer dollars trying to make himself look like a military hero instead of the military zero we all know he was and is.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1    5 years ago
raft: noun - compulsory recruitment for military service.

Dodge: noun - a sudden quick movement to avoid someone or something.

Draft dodger: noun - a person who has avoided compulsory military service.

So it's NOT the President.  Being he had approval from the (now) DoD.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1    5 years ago
Donald J. Trump: noun - a person born with a silver spoon in his mouth who received 5 deferments to avoid compulsory military service, the last of which may have been purchased with favors by his father.

So Trump got deferments--just like Bill Clinton.

As far as buying a deferment, you realize you are accusing someone on the draft board of a crime?

Without a shred of proof?

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
12.1.3  Don Overton  replied to  Texan1211 @12.1.2    5 years ago

What type of deferment did Clinton have?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
14  MrFrost    5 years ago

Wait....stop.........stop..........STOP!!!!

WTF!!!!!???? Did trump just say in his ego stroking session that our armies took over all the airports during the revolutionary war? Are you fucking kidding me? 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
14.1  Raven Wing  replied to  MrFrost @14    5 years ago
our armies took over all the airports during the revolutionary war

Took over all the airports .......during the revolutionary war? I mean.....we all know that there is no embarrassment by Trump or his die hard supporters over such totally inane statements, but.....but.....surely the intelligent citizens of America are embarrassed by such lunatic statements by the person who occupies the Oval office of our WH as the Leader of America.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
14.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Raven Wing @14.1    5 years ago

SMH... It just boggles the mind how idiotic trump is. But yea, those Minute Men Fighter Jocks were simply the best... 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
14.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  MrFrost @14.1.1    5 years ago
those Minute Men Fighter Jocks were simply the best... 

Absolutely! And the Wright Bros. single engine bi-wing planes couldn't compare with the those Revolutionary War jets with their Minute Men Pilots.  /s

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Professor Guide
14.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MrFrost @14    5 years ago
WTF!!!!!???? Did trump just say in his ego stroking session that our armies took over all the airports during the revolutionary war? Are you fucking kidding me?

Please tell me you made that up for grins and giggles.  Please?  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
14.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @14.2    5 years ago

I wish I was Sister, but saw it on a video of the event. Of course it be fake, as much as despise trump, gotta leave that as a possibility. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @14.2    5 years ago

“The Continental Army suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown. Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do. And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant.”

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.2.8  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @14.2.4    5 years ago
Oh, just to keep things on an even keel, where was your umbrage when this gaff was uttered;

Did Obama READ that off of a speech that was in the works for weeks?

It's hard to ignore the overt ignorance and incompetence of Trump and his minions. 

It's worse to volunteer as the defender of such ignorance and incompetence. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.2.10  JohnRussell  replied to    5 years ago
 Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports

I think Trump had "air" on the brain as he knew he was master of ceremonies for an air show. 

When he gets ahead of himself mentally, which happens a lot, he has problems. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
14.2.11  MrFrost  replied to    5 years ago
Get ready for the oh so predictable 'fifty-seven states' rebuttal. 

HA! You nailed it!!!!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
14.2.12  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @14.2.10    5 years ago
I think Trump had "air" on the brain

More likely it's water. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
14.2.13  MrFrost  replied to  MrFrost @14.2.1    5 years ago
Of course it be fake

Of course it COULD be fake..

That's what I get for making breakfast, talking on the phone and posting here all at the same time. 

Professor Guide
14.2.14  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @14.2.10    5 years ago

During his pre-boarding press gaggle, he said the teleprompter went out at that exact moment.

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.2.15  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @14.2.9    5 years ago
Maybe you should have continued reading the thread before jumping into the fray. To reiterate what I noted later.

Maybe you should address my reply to your comment rather than deflect. 

So much for your word games.

Why is it that when y'all don't want to address a comment, instead of just moving on, you try to pretend that the comment was word games? 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
14.2.19  Don Overton  replied to    5 years ago

Gee I've seen Army officers mispronounce it, what do you think of that MuVA.  Or  doesn't that qualify for your hate.

CB
Professor Principal
14.2.20  CB  replied to  XDm9mm @14.2.4    5 years ago

Just goes to show you nothing special about Donald, . . .Donald.

PJ
Masters Quiet
14.3  PJ  replied to  MrFrost @14    5 years ago

Yep, sigh.......

the real question is who is more stupid.  the dumbass who says idiotic things or those who support the dumbass. 

I cant wait to hear the excuses from his supporters   

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
15  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

Nor I yours Sir. Semper Fi brother!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
18  Split Personality    5 years ago

Well if you reached this point, you should receive a reward for patience.

The article has too many comments, takes too long too load and/or moderate the too many off topic comments and too many unflagged violations.

locked so we can all move on.