Republican Mike Garcia Wins U.S. House Race In California, First Time GOP Flipped CA Seat In 22 Years

Via:  jungkonservativ111  •  2 weeks ago  •  8 comments

Republican Mike Garcia Wins U.S. House Race In California, First Time GOP Flipped CA Seat In 22 Years
Republican Mike Garcia has defeated Democrat Christy Smith in a special election for California’s 25th congressional district, marking the first time that the Republican Party has flipped a U.S. House seat in California in more than two decades.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

jungkonservativ111
1  seeder  jungkonservativ111    2 weeks ago

Are Californians finally waking up?

Heartland American
1.1  Heartland American  replied to  jungkonservativ111 @1    2 weeks ago

I certainly hope so since I live there.  

It Is ME
2  It Is ME    2 weeks ago

"marking the first time that the Republican Party has flipped a U.S. House seat in California in more than two decades."

OUCH ! jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Kavika
3  Kavika     2 weeks ago

The 25th district has been a Republican stronghold. The seat was held by the Republicans from 1993 to 2019 when Hill won the seat. 

Texan1211
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @3    2 weeks ago

The seat was a Democratic stronghold from 1975 until 1993.

Kavika
3.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    2 weeks ago

And before that, it was a Republican stronghold, Charles Wiggens for four terms. 

But in the modern parlance for 26 years until 2019 it was Republican. 

Heartland American
3.1.2  Heartland American  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    2 weeks ago

Maybe by seat number but every decade the boundaries of the districts move with re apportionment and will again for the 2022 election.  The California delegation is now 45D-8R.  When we take back the House in November one of those eight will be speaker.  

Tacos!
3.2  Tacos!  replied to  Kavika @3    2 weeks ago

Yeah "flipping" in this context seems like a stretch. Technically true, but the spirit of the term is not really applicable.