╌>

Discussions

Flagging, Violations, Suspensions, Playing Moderator, Announcing Flags, and Gang Bangs.

Flagging, Violations, Suspensions, Playing Moderator, Announcing Flags, and Gang Bangs.

By: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  456 Comments  •  7 years ago

Good day NT'ers I am writing this to inform the NT community about a couple of items that need to be addressed, now that most of our new members have settled in and have found their footing....
Another...META FROM HELL!  IMPASSE!

Another...META FROM HELL! IMPASSE!

Via: therealbruce  •  meta  •  26 Comments  •  7 years ago

All right, it’s time for another damn Meta from Hell.  Because apparently…ya NEED it.  So gather round young NT naives.  Fix you a cup of tea, or cup of coffee, or a High Ball, or Long Island Iced...
RBR-  META: That Double-Edged Sword known as Red Box Rules

RBR- META: That Double-Edged Sword known as Red Box Rules

Via: therealbruce  •  meta  •  99 Comments  •  7 years ago

We’re seeing a lot of new faces here at NewsTalkers.  I’d like to welcome each of you to our little corner of the inter-webs. As one of the authors of the dreaded Red Box Rules, I thought it...
A Note on Flagging

A Note on Flagging

Via: dowser  •  meta  •  107 Comments  •  7 years ago

Some of our members have been going a tad crazy with the flagging button.   You cannot flag something just because you don't like it-- it has to be a Code of Conduct violation . We are...
Welcome Newbies

Welcome Newbies

Via: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  90 Comments  •  7 years ago

Hi Everyone, Well, last 3 day have caught me by surprise and I wasn't quite prepared for the sudden influx of Newsviners. First I would like to say that I am sorry for the loss of your home. I...
A Review of the Red Box Rules

A Review of the Red Box Rules

Via: community  •  meta  •  10 Comments  •  7 years ago

Due to several inquires, I think a quick reminder of what the Red Box Rules, (RBR) do.  The RBRs in practice will be a very self leveling device. Those who want them will use them. Those who feel...
The Definition of Insane Stupidity

The Definition of Insane Stupidity

Via: it-is-me  •  meta  •  1 Comments  •  7 years ago

Fleeing the FAILED third-world shit hole you lived in, only to demand that the country you fled to , should change their social and economic structure to become like the failed third-world shit...
I’ve got some questions about our purposes…

I’ve got some questions about our purposes…

Via: malamuteman  •  meta  •  263 Comments  •  7 years ago

I’ve got some questions about our purposes… With the news that the Vine is shutting down, there seems to be a big influx of Viners at Newstalkers these days. I started on the Vine 9 years ago, and...
Closing Chat Windows on NT?

Closing Chat Windows on NT?

Via: krishna  •  meta  •  10 Comments  •  7 years ago

For several days now, whenever I logon to this site, two windows from past chats open up-- and stay open. When I close them-- they immediately popup again. (I realize that Mercury is Retrograde--...
Functionality That I miss From Newsvine

Functionality That I miss From Newsvine

Via: citizen-kane-473667  •  meta  •  209 Comments  •  7 years ago

Maybe I just don't know my way around well enough, or maybe these items do not exist here.  Maybe you all can fill in the gaps for me: Convo Tracker without being inundated with emails. How do I...
How To Post An Article Or Seed On Newstalkers Main Forum

How To Post An Article Or Seed On Newstalkers Main Forum

Via: johnrussell  •  meta  •  6 Comments  •  7 years ago

It occurs to me that some people may not know how to do this (If someone else has explained it to the new members I apologize)    1. click on 'forums' at the top of the page 2. On that page, click...
Need or Want a New Avatar?  Here are some to use!

Need or Want a New Avatar? Here are some to use!

Via: dowser  •  meta  •  30 Comments  •  7 years ago

A while back, I put together a bunch of avatars for use by NT members, (I just typed NK, as a typo-- no, not North Korean avatars.)  Sometimes, I hate my fingers. I will include instructions on...
Online anonymity? Facing the Challenge of Online Harassment

Online anonymity? Facing the Challenge of Online Harassment

Via: krishna  •  meta  •  0 Comments  •  7 years ago

Regulation of online anonymity is also very likely to cause collateral damage. It’s tempting to assume that eliminating anonymity will reduce harassment. Our experience is different: we see a...
Is it ok to use multiple accounts on this site?

Is it ok to use multiple accounts on this site?

Via: oldcrankyman  •  meta  •  2 Comments  •  7 years ago

I read the CoC, and didn't see a cut and dried ban on multiple accounts.  Is it permitted?
For New NT Members - How to Resize Pictures in Comment Windows

For New NT Members - How to Resize Pictures in Comment Windows

Via: raven-wing  •  meta  •  10 Comments  •  7 years ago

I have noticed that some folks have a problem with their pictures/memes/images fitting properly within the comment windows. Some are too far off to the right of the window and often cuts off part...
Helpful Hints to our new members!

Helpful Hints to our new members!

Via: dowser  •  meta  •  50 Comments  •  7 years ago

So, Newsvine has pulled the rug out from under you, and you're looking for a place to land and feel at home!  Thank you for coming to NewsTalkers and giving it a chance!  All of you are welcome!...
I'm Stalking You!!!

I'm Stalking You!!!

Via: citizen-kane-473667  •  meta  •  14 Comments  •  7 years ago

That's right, I'm following you! Or at least I'm trying to, lol!  I'm sending out Friend's request to all my old Newsvine buddies as I come across them in the Forums here.  At some point, I...
How to Track an Article

How to Track an Article

Via: dowser  •  meta  •  26 Comments  •  7 years ago

Article tracking is fairly easy here!  It sounds complicated at first, but it really isn't.   You have two choices-- have your notifications sent to you via Private Notes, (in-site email), or...
Suggestion For New Members

Suggestion For New Members

Via: johnrussell  •  meta  •  6 Comments  •  7 years ago

Click on the "Forums" tab at the top with the white on black type. The first tab reads "Topics". It shows the overall Topic areas. If you click on one of the topics it will show you the articles...
A Most Hearty and Sincere Welcome to All

A Most Hearty and Sincere Welcome to All

Via: buzz-of-the-orient  •  meta  •  6 Comments  •  7 years ago

A Most Hearty and Sincere Welcome to All This article was first posted on the Newsvine Refugees group a few years back when the Newsvine system was changed, not to the liking of many of its...
Phishing! Meta Warning! POSSIBLE MALWARE ALERT!

Phishing! Meta Warning! POSSIBLE MALWARE ALERT!

Via: randy  •  meta  •  8 Comments  •  7 years ago

I wish we had the old spot on the front page to alert people like when we could talk about the weather and such and warn each other about crap, but I just wanted to warn every one that I got...
A Visitor to "Newest Discussions"   ...   ...   by Bob Nelson

A Visitor to "Newest Discussions" ... ... by Bob Nelson

Via: bob-nelson  •  meta  •  110 Comments  •  7 years ago

Let's pretend we aren't veterals of NT's eternal flamewar. We're a random visitor... Hmmm... "NewsTalkers"... yeah, that capital "T" in the middle is useful!     There's some stuff on the...
Reminder Of The Rules

Reminder Of The Rules

Via: community  •  meta  •  199 Comments  •  7 years ago

In the last few weeks there have been a couple of issues that need to be addressed.  First item, taking care of your seeds and articles. I know you all have lives, and I don't expect anyone to be...
Policy Change Regarding Off Topic Comments

Policy Change Regarding Off Topic Comments

Via: community  •  meta  •  40 Comments  •  7 years ago

Please be advised: This is notification of a change in policy about "Off Topic" comments. If an author feels that a comment is off topic they may get a mod to evaluate it. If it is a post is...
About the Trump Twitter Feed

About the Trump Twitter Feed

Via: community  •  meta  •  86 Comments  •  7 years ago

I posted the the Trump feed because I felt is was relevant news. This is the first president to be, that has decided to communicate with the citizens of this country through twitter. I know that...