Discussions

Ignore Function - Is it coming soon?

Ignore Function - Is it coming soon?

Via: pj  •  meta  •  65 Comments  •  3 years ago

I thought I read recently that the "ignore" function was being considered or would be an option soon.  Did I misunderstand or will we be able to ignore members soon? Also, is there a section that...
THIS IS HOW EVERYONE SHOULD RUN THEIR LIVES !

THIS IS HOW EVERYONE SHOULD RUN THEIR LIVES !

Via: it-is-me  •  meta  •  1 Comments  •  3 years ago

It's NOT that your losing.....it's what YOU will do to make YOURSELF a WINNER ! That's how "I" go through life ! If everyone had the "WINNER" thought, life would be incredible for "ALL" ! GO...
How to write Viral Headlines

How to write Viral Headlines

Via: krishna  •  meta  •  2 Comments  •  3 years ago

Why did you click through to this article? Why will some people share this article without even reading it? The most important element of this post may not be the 4 weeks I spent researching the...
I've Got A News Flash For Y'all  - RED RULES Have Never Been Successfully Used

I've Got A News Flash For Y'all - RED RULES Have Never Been Successfully Used

Via: johnrussell  •  meta  •  136 Comments  •  3 years ago

"Red Rules" is a perpetual exercise in frustration, inadequacy , and mis-directed concern, on Newstalkers. The much discussed (some might say obsessively discussed) concept has NEVER been...
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE !

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE !

Via: it-is-me  •  meta  •  6 Comments  •  3 years ago

That went by fast! ... ... by Bob Nelson

That went by fast! ... ... by Bob Nelson

Via: bob-nelson  •  meta  •  199 Comments  •  3 years ago

Four days is a good cooling-off period. Perrie suspended me for that long for "disrupting the site" or somesuch language. She was right... partially. I was indeed disrupting... ... but not...
What is a "known hate site"? ... ... by Bob Nelson

What is a "known hate site"? ... ... by Bob Nelson

By: bob-nelson  •  meta  •  258 Comments  •  3 years ago

NT should proscribe seeding from known hate site. I've stated my support for banning hate speech since forever. That isn't true of very many members, if I recall the debates we've had on the...
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT HATE GROUPS

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT HATE GROUPS

Via: bob-nelson  •  meta  •  19 Comments  •  3 years ago

What is a hate group? The Southern Poverty Law Center defines a hate group as an organization that – based on its official statements or principles, the statements of its leaders, or its...
Using Reply-with-Quote, the Quote Tool and Backlinks

Using Reply-with-Quote, the Quote Tool and Backlinks

Via: tig  •  meta  •  27 Comments  •  3 years ago

Recently Newstalkers installed a set of features designed to improve the user experience.   The most visible of these are: Reply with Quote Quote toolbar (and other editor enhancements)...
Image Verification

Image Verification

Via: groucho  •  meta  •  5 Comments  •  3 years ago

http://www.whitewolfpack.com/
Liberal types need to learn from this "Little" guy !

Liberal types need to learn from this "Little" guy !

By: it-is-me  •  meta  •  13 Comments  •  3 years ago

You can falter, yet you can pick YOURSELF up and finish....ALL BY YOURSELF ! Liberal/Progressives can be such Whiney babies !
Remember ?  When ?

Remember ? When ?

By: it-is-me  •  meta  •  54 Comments  •  3 years ago

Remember when ............. we used to be able to do things on our Own ? WE LIVED AND LEARNED on our own ! We gained, failed and then gained on our own again ?
Massive number of comment.

Massive number of comment.

By: pat-wilson  •  meta  •  25 Comments  •  3 years ago

I’m really enjoying influx of new members on Newstalkers. It’s been really good for this site. There are a lot of strong opinions and a lot of good debate and some not so much. With this...
Getting rid of statues !

Getting rid of statues !

Via: it-is-me  •  meta  •  11 Comments  •  3 years ago

STUPID THOUGHTS: What occurred in the past ....... DIDN'T HAPPEN, Now that the statues are gone !
Flagging, Violations, Suspensions, Playing Moderator, Announcing Flags, and Gang Bangs.

Flagging, Violations, Suspensions, Playing Moderator, Announcing Flags, and Gang Bangs.

By: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  456 Comments  •  3 years ago

Good day NT'ers I am writing this to inform the NT community about a couple of items that need to be addressed, now that most of our new members have settled in and have found their footing....
Another...META FROM HELL!  IMPASSE!

Another...META FROM HELL! IMPASSE!

Via: therealbruce  •  meta  •  26 Comments  •  3 years ago

All right, it’s time for another damn Meta from Hell.  Because apparently…ya NEED it.  So gather round young NT naives.  Fix you a cup of tea, or cup of coffee, or a High Ball, or Long Island Iced...
RBR-  META: That Double-Edged Sword known as Red Box Rules

RBR- META: That Double-Edged Sword known as Red Box Rules

Via: therealbruce  •  meta  •  99 Comments  •  3 years ago

We’re seeing a lot of new faces here at NewsTalkers.  I’d like to welcome each of you to our little corner of the inter-webs. As one of the authors of the dreaded Red Box Rules, I thought it...
A Note on Flagging

A Note on Flagging

Via: dowser  •  meta  •  107 Comments  •  3 years ago

Some of our members have been going a tad crazy with the flagging button.   You cannot flag something just because you don't like it-- it has to be a Code of Conduct violation . We are...
Welcome Newbies

Welcome Newbies

Via: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  90 Comments  •  3 years ago

Hi Everyone, Well, last 3 day have caught me by surprise and I wasn't quite prepared for the sudden influx of Newsviners. First I would like to say that I am sorry for the loss of your home. I...
A Review of the Red Box Rules

A Review of the Red Box Rules

Via: community  •  meta  •  10 Comments  •  3 years ago

Due to several inquires, I think a quick reminder of what the Red Box Rules, (RBR) do.  The RBRs in practice will be a very self leveling device. Those who want them will use them. Those who feel...
The Definition of Insane Stupidity

The Definition of Insane Stupidity

Via: it-is-me  •  meta  •  1 Comments  •  3 years ago

Fleeing the FAILED third-world shit hole you lived in, only to demand that the country you fled to , should change their social and economic structure to become like the failed third-world shit...
I’ve got some questions about our purposes…

I’ve got some questions about our purposes…

Via: malamuteman  •  meta  •  263 Comments  •  3 years ago

I’ve got some questions about our purposes… With the news that the Vine is shutting down, there seems to be a big influx of Viners at Newstalkers these days. I started on the Vine 9 years ago, and...
Closing Chat Windows on NT?

Closing Chat Windows on NT?

Via: krishna  •  meta  •  10 Comments  •  3 years ago

For several days now, whenever I logon to this site, two windows from past chats open up-- and stay open. When I close them-- they immediately popup again. (I realize that Mercury is Retrograde--...
Functionality That I miss From Newsvine

Functionality That I miss From Newsvine

Via: citizen-kane-473667  •  meta  •  209 Comments  •  3 years ago

Maybe I just don't know my way around well enough, or maybe these items do not exist here.  Maybe you all can fill in the gaps for me: Convo Tracker without being inundated with emails. How do I...
How To Post An Article Or Seed On Newstalkers Main Forum

How To Post An Article Or Seed On Newstalkers Main Forum

Via: johnrussell  •  meta  •  6 Comments  •  3 years ago

It occurs to me that some people may not know how to do this (If someone else has explained it to the new members I apologize)    1. click on 'forums' at the top of the page 2. On that page, click...