╌>

Discussions

MY HERO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY HERO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Via: it-is-me  •  meta  •  154 Comments  •  6 years ago

Unapologetically HERSELF ! Democrats have turned their folks into little infants that cry over the littlest things. 
Lost and confused!!!!

Lost and confused!!!!

Via: randy  •  meta  •  69 Comments  •  6 years ago

It's getting easier by the day to violate the new CoC. I don't think the moderators have really got used to it themselves yet and decided on what the bumpers are, so some are deleting some...
The New Updated CoC

The New Updated CoC

By: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  281 Comments  •  6 years ago

Below is the new updated CoC, restructured for ease of use. I will be taking comments and questions today.  Code of Conduct (CoC) The Code of Conduct (CoC) guides interpersonal interactions and...
How To Post And Article And Get A Photo To Upload

How To Post And Article And Get A Photo To Upload

By: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  30 Comments  •  6 years ago

What’s happened to the News?

What’s happened to the News?

By: pj  •  meta  •  66 Comments  •  6 years ago

What’s happened to the News? By Pj March 12, 2018 I’ve had something on my mind that’s been bothering me for well over a year now.  Every month, every day, every hour it bothers me even more and I...
Trump's popularity hits new heights - and Dems run scared

Trump's popularity hits new heights - and Dems run scared

Via: heartland-american  •  meta  •  13 Comments  •  6 years ago

In agonizing, painful, miserable news for the Trump-hating left, a new Marist poll finds that President Trump's popularity has reached a new high at 42% approval, the highest it's been since he...
Results of the Vote on th CoC

Results of the Vote on th CoC

Via: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  0 Comments  •  6 years ago

Questions pertaining to the discussion on the updating of the  CoC Should off topic questions be removed by moderators, without a warning by the author? Response Count Percent...
The Updating Of The Code Of Conduct-Part 2

The Updating Of The Code Of Conduct-Part 2

By: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  319 Comments  •  6 years ago

Welcome to the discussion and update of The NewsTalkers Code of Conduct (CoC). For those of you who have never done this before, let me explain how this goes. I will list what I have seen to be...
The Updating of the Code of Conduct

The Updating of the Code of Conduct

By: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  417 Comments  •  6 years ago

Welcome to the discussion and update of The NewsTalkers Code of Conduct (CoC). For those of you who have never done this before, let me explain how this goes. I will list what I have seen to be...
TRUMP IS NOT MY PRESIDENT!!!

TRUMP IS NOT MY PRESIDENT!!!

By: buzz-of-the-orient  •  meta  •  142 Comments  •  6 years ago

TRUMP IS NOT MY PRESIDENT!!! In fact, I would say I am one of the very few members of TheNewsTalkers who can say factually and truthfully that Trump is NOT my President.  I have seen...
Warning About Violations

Warning About Violations

By: perrie-halpern  •  meta  •  176 Comments  •  7 years ago

As the end of the month draws near, many of you are on the brink of a 2 day suspension for both skirting the CoC and CoC violations.  If you are not sure where you stand, please feel free to ask...
Ignore Function - Is it coming soon?

Ignore Function - Is it coming soon?

Via: pj  •  meta  •  65 Comments  •  7 years ago

I thought I read recently that the "ignore" function was being considered or would be an option soon.  Did I misunderstand or will we be able to ignore members soon? Also, is there a section that...
THIS IS HOW EVERYONE SHOULD RUN THEIR LIVES !

THIS IS HOW EVERYONE SHOULD RUN THEIR LIVES !

Via: it-is-me  •  meta  •  1 Comments  •  7 years ago

It's NOT that your losing.....it's what YOU will do to make YOURSELF a WINNER ! That's how "I" go through life ! If everyone had the "WINNER" thought, life would be incredible for "ALL" ! GO...
How to write Viral Headlines

How to write Viral Headlines

Via: krishna  •  meta  •  2 Comments  •  7 years ago

Why did you click through to this article? Why will some people share this article without even reading it? The most important element of this post may not be the 4 weeks I spent researching the...
I've Got A News Flash For Y'all  - RED RULES Have Never Been Successfully Used

I've Got A News Flash For Y'all - RED RULES Have Never Been Successfully Used

Via: johnrussell  •  meta  •  136 Comments  •  7 years ago

"Red Rules" is a perpetual exercise in frustration, inadequacy , and mis-directed concern, on Newstalkers. The much discussed (some might say obsessively discussed) concept has NEVER been...
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE !

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE !

Via: it-is-me  •  meta  •  6 Comments  •  7 years ago

That went by fast! ... ... by Bob Nelson

That went by fast! ... ... by Bob Nelson

Via: bob-nelson  •  meta  •  199 Comments  •  7 years ago

Four days is a good cooling-off period. Perrie suspended me for that long for "disrupting the site" or somesuch language. She was right... partially. I was indeed disrupting... ... but not...
What is a "known hate site"? ... ... by Bob Nelson

What is a "known hate site"? ... ... by Bob Nelson

By: bob-nelson  •  meta  •  258 Comments  •  7 years ago

NT should proscribe seeding from known hate site. I've stated my support for banning hate speech since forever. That isn't true of very many members, if I recall the debates we've had on the...
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT HATE GROUPS

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT HATE GROUPS

Via: bob-nelson  •  meta  •  19 Comments  •  7 years ago

What is a hate group? The Southern Poverty Law Center defines a hate group as an organization that – based on its official statements or principles, the statements of its leaders, or its...
Using Reply-with-Quote, the Quote Tool and Backlinks

Using Reply-with-Quote, the Quote Tool and Backlinks

Via: tig  •  meta  •  27 Comments  •  7 years ago

Recently Newstalkers installed a set of features designed to improve the user experience.   The most visible of these are: Reply with Quote Quote toolbar (and other editor enhancements)...
Image Verification

Image Verification

Via: groucho  •  meta  •  5 Comments  •  7 years ago

http://www.whitewolfpack.com/
Liberal types need to learn from this "Little" guy !

Liberal types need to learn from this "Little" guy !

By: it-is-me  •  meta  •  13 Comments  •  7 years ago

You can falter, yet you can pick YOURSELF up and finish....ALL BY YOURSELF ! Liberal/Progressives can be such Whiney babies !
Remember ?  When ?

Remember ? When ?

By: it-is-me  •  meta  •  54 Comments  •  7 years ago

Remember when ............. we used to be able to do things on our Own ? WE LIVED AND LEARNED on our own ! We gained, failed and then gained on our own again ?
Massive number of comment.

Massive number of comment.

By: pat-wilson  •  meta  •  25 Comments  •  7 years ago

I’m really enjoying influx of new members on Newstalkers. It’s been really good for this site. There are a lot of strong opinions and a lot of good debate and some not so much. With this...
Getting rid of statues !

Getting rid of statues !

Via: it-is-me  •  meta  •  11 Comments  •  7 years ago

STUPID THOUGHTS: What occurred in the past ....... DIDN'T HAPPEN, Now that the statues are gone !